LA Weight Loss - LAWL Losers and Friends August 13-19th

Lynx
08-13-2007, 07:03 AM
There is nothing like a new week to inspire us. Let’s continue the journey with renewed or continued determination.

They can because they think they can.
Virgil

Joni135
08-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Great starting words for the week Lynn!!
Hi everyone....my goal this weekend was to limit my computer time...and I did...AND I'm proud to stay I limited my liquid fruits and starches to just a few on Saturday night (that is HUGE for me!).
Weekend was hot and I scorched my back at my friend's pool....stupid me is all I can say.
Busy morning so I'll have to read the weekend posts later on. Hope everyone had a safe, fun, healthy weekend!

bahamadream10
08-13-2007, 07:53 AM
Happy Monday morning everyone. Today is the second day of take off. I know I shouldn't of but I stepped on the scale and it was 149.0 I just hope it will stay in the 140's I think I might just have a party, the last time I was there was before both my kids 7 1/2 yrs ago. If only I can get through today with no cheating I hate take off!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great day.

QueenLucia
08-13-2007, 07:55 AM
Good morning! I am excited for this week! My goal was to reach 10 lb lose and so when I weighed in Saturday am I was so happy to have finally reached that goal!! This week, I get my measurements taken, and i am sure they will reflect quite a few inches! My clothes are fitting again, and some stuff is even a little bit loose! Cant wait for them to be HUGE on me.. Tee Hee..

I weigh in today, will see! The weekend was good but started my cycle...don't care - I feel so good!

equinetcan
08-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Good morning to everyone!!

I am off today but back to work tomorrow. Today I have to take some paperwork to the bank for the mortgage stuff and then I have a life insurance guy coming this afternoon. I have to change my beneficiary and make sure they are going to take the payment every month out of the correct account.

I started with the new plan yesterday and holy there is a lot of food. I am gonna have to talk to the COD cause I had enough trouble with Red1 let alone plan 5 now. 7 starches??? That's hard to get some days. The protein is ok because the portion sizes shrunk a bit. But I'll have to try and talk to them tomorrow when I go in again.

I haven't actually gone and looked at any homes yet - just drove by them to see where they were and if I wanted to go see them. I should be hearing from my realtor today.

Well, should go get the day started....check in later!!

aguerin
08-13-2007, 08:47 AM
GM all and here's to another fun filled, POP weed on LAWL. I did real well over the weekend being POP. Started TO on Sunday using the Cantalope and don't want to do day, 2, today. I want my yogurt and FiberOne. I think I have become addicted to that stuff. I can tell you the two servings of FiberOne helped my regularity problem and I think that has helped the scale to start moving. I think we need to start an I Hate Take Off Thread and post Daily Menu's.

I looked back through my log for this month as I finished the last day of my journal yesterday and I have lost a total of ~3 pounds (maybe 4) in 4 weeks. :mad:

I am going to WI today and I will post the results when I get back. Good Luck.

Katy66
08-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Good morning everyone! Wow what a busy weekend so there wasn't time for posting. All and all I did okay staying close to plan this weekend despite the big party on Saturday. I ate what I wanted but in moderation. I'll be anxious to see how the scales later in the week. Speaking of scales.........Nicole did you get that challenge going? Hope to have time later to read the weekend's posts and catch up, until then have a great day!

bradleys mom
08-13-2007, 10:21 AM
Good Morning Everyone! I hope everyone is planning on a great POP week! I am getting ready to go WI in a couple hours! I am hoping for a big SV! I did the hot lemon water last night as it is TOM and I feel bloated

Kims- thats so funny we're so close, and have the same name!!

Amy - I have to plan my menus ahead almost weekly, and I think you will do fine! I find I stay on plan better when I plan the night before and pack it too. Then while I am at work or school I have no other choice but to be POP.(Unless I forget to pack something...Oops) Good luck with your last year! I am starting the middle of my first year of Nursing classes next week!

Well its time to start mentally preparing for this WI. I never do good after a weekend!:shrug:

:carrot:

MomOfThreeTeens
08-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Ok I posted this on the wrong week this morning DUH! It sure is Monday! LOL

Renee-Congrats on the NSV! Its great when people start to notice. I live in Maryville and I agree, its a great place!

TN Heather, hows it going neighbor? I went to WI Saturday and didnt know a single counselor at the COD, freaked me out!

WI was good Saturday, I was down a whole pounds from my weight when I started stabilization, then had pizza Saturday night and blew that all to hades! LOL Oh well, today starts a new week! Heres to being POP!!!

Other TN Kim! I answered your PM. Its nice to meet you! Maybe me, you and Heather can get together for coffee or something! We'll work on that!

Good Monday morning everybody else! Hope you have an absolutely amazing week!

Heather115
08-13-2007, 11:03 AM
And I posted my reply to the wrong thread to so here it is again...

Hey TN Kim! I haven't been going to the COD long so I'm not sure I'd recognize a new face if I saw one. It does seem strange that there's so much turnover at many of the COD's talked about on this forum. I had a good WI Friday. I changed my ticker to show my bare-naked weigh-in weight since that's seems more realistic to me and it's the one I'm tracking every single morning.

I guess I should quit posting to last week's thread and move on to the new one. Just didn't want to leave you hanging! Thanks for asking!

Dan - How much salt should we limit ourselves to each day? I know the recommended daily allowance is quite high (as is the calorie allowance and everything else recommended so I know I can't count on that!) I have quit putting salt in the food I prepare or on any food I eat, but I am surprised each day by all the hidden sodium I find. However, I know our bodies require some amount to function properly and I just don't know what that amount is. Since you're the Salt Police, I'm counting on you to clear this up for me! Oh, and why does the lemon water thing work so well? Does it have to be hot? I have a hard time drinking anything hot (except coffee!) Is it just as acceptable to take diuretics (water pills)?

aguerin
08-13-2007, 11:09 AM
I just got back from WI and I was down almost a pound. I signed up for the stabalization and maintenance and amazingly enough she said I could STILL continue to follow my current plan if I wanted to lose some more weight. I thought she must be reading my mind. I did ask for a specific counselor and asked her to measure me again and sure enough, the measurements from last week were WRONG. She pulled on the tape and made them smaller than they should have been. Anyway, I'm not going back in until Wed, Aug 22 and will start Stabalization then.

I am going to start a Labor Day Challenge Status Update Thread, so check it out if you signed up for that Challenge. :smug:

Good to hear about everyone's great weekends. I spent 4 hours at the lake in the Sun tanning this new slimmer me in my new bikini (which I haven't been able to wear one in probably 10 years). :)

Prazteam
08-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Princess Heather - That isn't crazy at all. It's been proven that some women stay overweight because in their minds, it will prevent them from having to deal with advances from the opposite sex. Who knows the number of reasons/fears we have in our minds?!? But I wanted to tell you that I am so proud of you! As you know, this is a LIFETIME, LIFESTYLE change. None of us gained our weight overnight and we won't lose it overnight. It takes time and it takes a made up mind! Just think, 40 years old and no worries about activities that cause shortness of breath. No concerns about the wear and tear on your knees, back, or heart. A healthier, livelier, and more beautiful you! You can do this girlfriend! Remember, sometimes it's a day at a time, sometimes it's a mouthful at a time! You rock!
Blessings,

LizzyW
08-13-2007, 11:37 AM
GM everyone,

I am hoping to get back to 169 this week. So far so good. I am back to 172 after our short trip to Denver where I gained 4/5 lbs. So I am planning on staying on plan.

Great to see so many losers. It is nice when all that weight comes off and clothes start to fit again. I am quitting Curves to join Sports and Wellness with Dan so we can work out together.

Well, I guess I had better get to work. You all take it easy and have a great POP day.

Liz
XOXOXO

Repo girl
08-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Morning all, sounds like everyone had a good weekend. We went camping for 4 days for a family reunion. It was really fun. Yesterday we went on a big hike, which was really fun as well.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

dolphn545
08-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Hey Everybody :wave:

Had WI today, down 0.2
My COD has officially changed to Pure Weight Loss, and the counselor handed me a paper about the glycemic index, which foods to help stay full longer and help along with WL. We shall see!

Congrats to all the WL losers!

Have a great POP day everyone! :cheers:

Katy66
08-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Just a quick drop in to see how things are going....I think we are missing some folks - Nicole, Liza, Kristen, where is everyone?

Amy - congrats on the loss. Glad you were able to see the "right" person for your WI. They messed my measurements at the very first so I don't have a clue how many inches I've lost....I'm down about 4 sizes though:)

Liz - Sounds like fun having a workout buddy. Did you like curves though? I've considered joining here.

Joni - Great job limiting the liquid fruits and starches. Wish I could say the same:)

Kims - I'm just across the mountains from you in NC. I live just west of Asheville. Oh and Heather, we will be in Townsend, TN camping starting Wednesday.

Allanah - Good luck house hunting, it can be so much fun!

Lucia - Congrats on the clothes fitting better.

Hey Pearl, Katie, and Sherry!

I've managed to stay POP today just need to do some catching up on my water drinking:)

MomOfThreeTeens
08-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Katy-Where are you camping? My sons fiance' camps with her family there all summer. I think her grandparents just pull their camper there and leave it all summer. They stay at Lazy Days, right on the river, its a nice place.

JLem311
08-13-2007, 03:01 PM
hey everyone. not much to report today. had some pizza last night. not very POP, but oh well. not really too worried about it. been doing pretty decent otherwise.
super tired from working. got a workout in today though. :)

MickeySue
08-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Some of you may remember me.....I had several surgeries and had to quit LAWL for a couple of months bec. of anisthesia. Anyways got real good at being off plan and have not had the will power to begin again. I have not stepped on a scale since.....who knows when. I need to get on one tomorrow morning and add the pounds back on my clicker.

I have decided the best birthday present (tomorrow) I can give myself is to get back on plan....some how. I am not sure how I am going to pull this off. I will pick back up on threads from here......I am not even going to try to start from months of neglect!

Mean while...Cassi, Joni, Nicole.....I assume you guys are well and still around somewhere....if not I hope it's bec. of congrats and not back slidding like I am.

MomOfThreeTeens
08-13-2007, 03:20 PM
:bday2you::woo::balloons::celebrate:Michelle-Welcome back and Happy Birthday a day early!! You can do this. You know it works, just jump back on plan and you'll be seeing losses in no time!

Jrny2aNewMe
08-13-2007, 03:28 PM
Hi all!

Just a quick check in today. Did not bad on the weekend, DD was at a horse show (got her first Reserve Championship and was one proud girl), however, food choices out there were limited and of course not entirely POP. Did the best I could however, and even managed to resist the donuts from Timmie's that some well meaning mom brought in. Donuts - my weakness that I have been craving so much lately. So although the evil scale still is not moving, I did have that one small NSV!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-13-2007, 03:31 PM
DONUTS??? Ohhhh man, that would be a huge NSV for me. I LOVE donuts like Nicole loves cake! LOL Good for you!!!

Mama Nicole
08-13-2007, 03:36 PM
Wow....Michelle..........first of all, this is the best birthday present you can give yourself.......and second......WELCOME BACK.......we have missed you!!!!! I give you a shout out every now and then :)

Hi everyone!!!! I am in Wisconsin still, and doing well. I have been very very very good........even at church..........but last night I did have some popcorn......with butter.....and lots of salt. It was delicious......and I am sooo proud to say that I didn't take that small cheat and run with it. I had NO reeses peanutbutter cups.......no cake.......no candy.........NOTHING else. I simply enjoyed it and moved on. I am quite sure this is the secret skinny people know. Go ahead and indulge yourself every now and then......but do NOT binge. Take good care of your body........it seems so simple. I am pretty darn proud of myself. And Joni..........I have been thinking of you through it all. It's funny how knowing that I have to be accountable to YOU on Wed. morning when I get home makes all the difference in the world. That really must be the whole premise behind LAWL.........if they would just train and pay their workers right........we could all have those one or two counselors that we felt a personal connection with to make us try harder. Thanks Joni.........you really are the best :)

Ok, have to take the kids over to my cousin Melanie's house now. I will try to check in later ;) Miss you all!!!
XOXO

Mama Nicole
08-13-2007, 03:38 PM
oh, and Kim......donuts are almost parallel to my love for cake :)

Angie
08-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Okay, now I'm waking up...here's what I posted to the wrong thread this morning... I'll catch up with the current goings on tonight.

Welcome Kim the Third! We seem to have a TN version of each name, and now two Kim's there too.

Renee -- Those are long days at work, is it always like that, or just the first week or two?

Amylou -- Good luck at school tomorrow! If you can't carry too much, there's always slimdowns and veggie sticks, boring as it sounds. Back to school is such an exciting time (maybe more for the kids than the teachers from what I'm hearing!) and I can't resist buying school supplies. I just use them to keep me organized at work.

Liza -- Did you settle on any vacation plans yet? I didn't realize you were on hiatus, can't wait to hear about your new plan.

We had a busy day at Wonderland yesterday. That's our biggest theme park in this neck of the woods. We pretty much just covered the kiddie area a few times. DS had a blast. He met Dora, Boots and Diego, flew a helicopter, went in a rocket...splashed in puddles, all the important stuff. He was so funny, we were in the middle of a coconut ride and he looked at me, very seriously and said, "Momma, I'm having fun." lol Usually he's up an hour and a half earlier than this, but he's just wiped out today, and still sleeping. I figured I'll let him sleep and go in to work a bit late. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. All that walking, riding and mayhem have taken their toll on my body today.

Katy66
08-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Kim #2 - We stay at Tremont when we are there. I think the campgrounds are fairly close.

lizababe
08-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Hiya Everyone!

Amy - I think I'm going to head down to the Rosarito house without Mini-Me. She's happy to stay at home with some new books I've ordered for her and take care of the cats. It's on the condition that she has to check in with my neighbor twice a day. I'm counting down the days now..... I can taste the lobster in Puerto Nuevo already....

This talk of donuts and cake is cracking me up. I actually have no sweet tooth at all these days. I wasn't even tempted by the sweets at picnic on Saturday and I've got a frozen yogurt that I bought for Mini-Me and I last week still sitting in the freezer. It's the fat/salt tooth that's going to do me in...

Congrats on the losses! Everyone is doing so well! I'm proud and inspired by all of you!

MickeySue
08-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Kim #2! Thank you for the welcome, and birthday blow out!

Nicole - Howdy! In Wisconsin....hope you are enjoying your visit. How is the family? Did you finish your home repairs to the kitchen?

Angie - My DS has been begging to go to Six Flags....we usually buy season passes....but it's a no go this summer! Yeah for me! Although you are right, it gives you a nice break the next morning as the wee ones sleep off thier excitement and we wake up early with bruises and pains, and a hot water bottle. Hope you took some advil before bed.

Liza- I wanna go to Mexico can you shove me in your suit case? Probally not considering....

I went ahead and dug out my scale from the box in my attic ( I seriously haven't been on it or plan for over 3 months) and I am now 193 again. I think I am going to cry. I knew I was in trouble when I had to dig my 18s back out. I fought so hard to get to a 16 and now......well I did start my monthly bloat fest last night so maybe....2 or 3 lbs. can be blammed there.

bizlawchik
08-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Hey all... happy new week.

Michelle - WELCOME BACK!!! :wave: Good to see you here again. And happy birthday.

JenTN
08-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Hello everyone!

I have been on the new plan since last Thursday, and I keep losing and gaining the same pound! I picked it up again this morning:(

I thought I had lost a whole lot from it- the 2nd day on the new plan, the scale at home showed four whole pounds down from the morning before! I got back on and it then showed thirty pounds....so I knew it was off then.

I was mad, not wanting to buy a new scale, but then I picked it up and realized my kittens were stashing items (a toy mouse and a thermometer cover) under it! They are only 10 weeks old and already know how to get on mommy's good side, sabatoge the scale to show a loss!

I hope everyone has a good week!

bradleys mom
08-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Hi all! Hope everyone as had a good day. So I had a NSV AND a SV today. I was down 1.6 after the weekend (which is very unusual for me) and I went shopping for some new clothes, and my normal size was too big! Already! (however I guess I should note that I had lost almost 15 lbs between March and July by myself), so with the added 8 lbs I have went down a size! I almost cried in the fitting room!

I have been POP today (Except for a small bite of birthday cake earlier, oops) I cut out a starch for that, lol I felt guilty but boy was it GOOD!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Way to go on the smaller pants Kimberly! Thats an awesome feeling!

MTdebster921
08-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Hey everybody-
It's been a couple of weeks since I have posted, but have been lurking some. I have been really trying to figure out why I am having such a hard time losing any more weight and also why my starch cravings are totally out of control, even during and after TO. I read an article in a magazine that got me doing some searching on the net. Seems my yeast growth in my body was out of balance and sent me running for the starches. I talked with my Dr. about it and she agreed with me. So hopefully I have that beast under control, this last week, I haven't had any starch cravings and have actually had a day where I even missed one, and the scale is moving downward again. Something to look into if you are having out of control starch/carb cravings.

I'm gonna start here with the personals, too much to go back the last couple of weeks.

First off, Welcome to all the new losers to the thread!!!!

Lucia- Congrats on your first 10 lbs.

Amy- WTG on the lb. That's cool that they're ok with you going into stabilization and still do your current plan.

Michelle- Welcome back!! Jump right in with both feet and get back to it girl!! You can do it!! Happy Birthday too!!

Val- WTG on resisting those evil donuts.

Kimberly-Great job on the new size.

HI :wave: to everybody else. Have a great evening!!

galachick
08-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Good Evening everyone!
I went to WI this afternoon and was down a little less than a pound:D.
The TOM is here and I have been craving chocolate like crazy. My counselor suggested taking a double chocolate L.A. Lite and putting it in the microwave for about 15 secs. I have already been doing that and it just makes me want another one! I never realized I craved chocolate so much at this time. Probably because I was too busy shoving everything else in my mouth!:D

Renee -- Those are long days at work, is it always like that, or just the first week or two?
Angie - Unfortunately I am a work-a-holic during the school year and a slacker in the summer. I could easily work 12 hour days Monday - Friday. But I don't want my son, whose 8 years old, to remember his elementary years that way. So I am setting a goal to leave school no later than 4:00 each afternoon. Haven't been able to do that yet but I am still trying. On the days my son goes home with his step-brothers to have dinner with his Dad, I will allow myself to work late. I usually run by and pick my DS up at this Dad's about 7:30 p.m. anyway. Luckily, I love my job and the folks I work with.

Yeah! Nanette! What an awesome feeling! I can't wait to get back to what I was before I got pregnant with my DS.

Congrats on the first 10 pounds, Lucia. I hope to hit mine by the end of the week!

WOO - HOO! Amy! Reaching stabilization is a HUGE accomplishment! You need to do something extra special for yourself (non-food related, of course)!

WTG, Kimberly R. - Keep it up and you will reach 10 pounds before you know it.

Sherry - Keep up the good work! Even those .2 lbs will add up over time.

Michelle - Welcome back! I have joined since you left and totally understand why you came back. These folks are AWESOME! And the point is you have made a decision to get back on plan. Put the past where it belongs...every day is a new beginning... sometimes every hour or minute is a new beginning!
AND.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY... early.:hat:

Val - definitely a HUGE NSV! Next to ice cream ... donuts are the devil for me!!!!:devil:

Nicole - Good to hear you're behaving in Wisconsin. You will be so happy you did when you return home with less of you than you left with!! :cp:

Got to go get ready for another day!

Angie
08-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Michelle -- I should have taken some advil/tylenol, but didn't think I would be so achy last night. Tonight you can bet I'm taking two Tylenol -- in fact, I'm doing it now so I don't forget. It was one of those days where I rolled my chair around my office instead of getting up/down...lol. Sorry to hear that your weight crept back up on you, but at least you're the one in control again now. I'll look forward to watching you go back to your 16's.

Jen -- Too funny about your kittens! They must be so cute at 10 weeks.

Kimberly -- Congrats on both your victories today! You must be on cloud 9 after that.

Deb -- It's great to see you again! How did you and your dr. address the yeast issues, and how did you identify the problem? Welcome back!

Renee -- I can relate to your work habits. Before I had a husband or a child I used to go in early, around 7:00 and I was NEVER home earlier than 7:00 pm. I loved what I did, and the people I worked with, so it was fun to be there. Now, like you, I have other priorities, plus I changed offices, so it's not as much fun. Just as well!

Nicole -- (...and anyone else with an intense interest in poop) Want to talk poop? I had to take DS in for a Dr. appt since he's had droopy poopy on and off for months now. We are checking him out for lactose intolerance (no dairy this week) and seeing how things go. Hopefully when we get this under control I can tackle the potty issues again. For now I've given up and gone back to pull-ups full time. Half the time he thinks he just passed gas and doesn't even realize he pooped. I don't want to make him feel like he's failed by not using the potty, so I'm just leaving it be for now. Do you think that makes sense?

Also, today I'd like to say that I miss Lettie. Where are you? Hope things are well.

Dan2112
08-13-2007, 10:57 PM
And I posted my reply to the wrong thread to so here it is again...

Hey TN Kim! I haven't been going to the COD long so I'm not sure I'd recognize a new face if I saw one. It does seem strange that there's so much turnover at many of the COD's talked about on this forum. I had a good WI Friday. I changed my ticker to show my bare-naked weigh-in weight since that's seems more realistic to me and it's the one I'm tracking every single morning.

I guess I should quit posting to last week's thread and move on to the new one. Just didn't want to leave you hanging! Thanks for asking!

Dan - How much salt should we limit ourselves to each day? I know the recommended daily allowance is quite high (as is the calorie allowance and everything else recommended so I know I can't count on that!) I have quit putting salt in the food I prepare or on any food I eat, but I am surprised each day by all the hidden sodium I find. However, I know our bodies require some amount to function properly and I just don't know what that amount is. Since you're the Salt Police, I'm counting on you to clear this up for me! Oh, and why does the lemon water thing work so well? Does it have to be hot? I have a hard time drinking anything hot (except coffee!) Is it just as acceptable to take diuretics (water pills)?

Heather - the old plans called for no more than 1/4 teaspoon of Morton's Lite Salt added to the foods we prepare.. That way you get the potassium your body needs.. The trick is not to add salt to prepared foods, especially when you eat out.

Salt is unavoidable, but you can take steps to limit the amount you take in, over the recommended daily allowances.. Low and Very Low sodium foods are available, so while it will take a bit more investigating when you grocery shop, I feel it's worth it...

If, when you're eating out, you end up eating salty stuff, make sure to drink plenty of water... Hot lemon water is a favorite of many here as well.

momofbg
08-13-2007, 11:59 PM
MTdebster921-What do you put in on the web to find out more about it? and How did you and your dr. address the yeast issues, and how did you identify the problem?

lizababe
08-14-2007, 12:45 AM
Angie - I hope you feel better in the morning! I'm sorry I addressed you as Amy before. Not that I don't have anything to say to Amy but I meant Angie. I'm never focused.

Michelle - You don't have to go in the suitcase! You can ride up front in the car if you can wrestle shotgun away from Buster.

I threw a grand mal tantrum tonight that I hope at least burned some calories. On my way home I was so looking forward to running with the dog and then taking a bike ride. I took the bike out of the shed before I left to work and had it waiting at the back door for me. When I got in, the house was like a steam room and I could hear water running in the bathroom. The bathtub faucet broke and hot water was pouring out. I ran outside and turned the water off and then started cursing trying to figure out how to fix this or if I had to call a plumber. I tried to take the faucet face off because I knew it was just a washer but I couldn't get the stupid fixture off. I called a neighborhood handyman and he didn't answer. There was no way I could the rest of the night without water. Luckily my friend's boyfriend was home and he's a handy guy. We had to heat the fixture to melt the stuff with his heat gun then it finally came off and I got the new washer on it. What a headache! Now it's bedtime and no time to go for my run or bike ride :-( Tomorrow is another day right?

And... it's another day closer to Rosarito! Viva la Mexico!

Catway8
08-14-2007, 08:06 AM
Good morning everyone,

Hope your all doing well this fine Tuesday morning. I am off today so I will be able to have a nice hot meal. Not sure what yet only know it will be fish. I am on plan 3 and started that last Thursday. I don't know how I will be able to make it for four weeks without pasta or potatoes. The no beef I can handle but the others I don't know. I havent found it too hard yet but working 9 hours a day I dont have time to really think about it. And I also try to plan my meals the night before and then voila they are done and no thinking about it. I go for a WI today so I am hoping to see some results. Last Friday after one day I was down 4.2 pounds but thats with the TO juice so I am sure the results wont be as big today. I need to get cleaning so I will check in later. I also want to tell you all that your opinions and suggestions are great. I check in daily and have read alot here and it has helped me tremendously. So Thank you!!!!! BBL. :)

aguerin
08-14-2007, 08:34 AM
GM all. Hope everyone had POP days yesterday with Moody Monday. I went and got my hair done. Got some of the blonde lites in it again. Trying to go backward in time, instead of forward. :D

Kimberly - Be Careful about buying new clothes. Just get the bare essentials. I bought new stuff when I started losing (cause it felt so good) and now I can't wear any of that. The stuff I bought after that is too big, but wearable, and now I still need new stuff. Which is a GOOD thing, but it is getting expensive. Just a thought from someone who has been there.

I'm going to try to get a new pic today, so brace yourselves for the lites. The one on here is actually about 3 years old but the best I could find at the time. hehe

Wecome back Debster. You were missed as are some others that haven't been seen in a while.

I did make it though TO yesterday without cheating, but it wasn't because I wasn't constantly wanting something to eat. It may be a while before I do another one. It will depend on the results I see from this one after a few more days. I just don't know if 1 to 2 pounds is worth the torture I go through from not getting all my food. That sounds bad doesn't it?

Katy66
08-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Hey all! Hope your Monday was better than mine. Nothing major just busy and a little stressed so I wanted to eat. Went a little off plan but nothing too bad so hopefully it won't be too punishing on me at WI.

We are off tomorrow for 5 days of camping near Gatlinburg and will be taking my DD for her first trip to a theme park. Should be a fun time. Wish me luck staying on plan. I have my meals planned out and plenty of good for you snacks. The day I most worry about is while we are in the theme park. Hopefully I will be able to find some healthy foods:)

Kimberly - doesn't it feel great to get in a smaller size. I agree with Amy though, don't buy too much because you will drop sizes quicker than you realize!

Welcome back Deb, it is good to see you again! The yeast problem is interesting. I crave carbs sometimes, mostly around TOM.

Amy - congrats on the highlights, nothing like new hair to lift your spirits:)

Liza - I would have thrown a tantrum myself. Did anything in your house get damaged from the water or did you get there before it had time to mess stuff up?

Pearl - any update on your DS' wallet?

Hey Angie, Renee, Nicole, Katie, Cassi, Kim #2, Dan, Liz, Nicole, Lynn, and anybody I might have missed.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-14-2007, 09:22 AM
When I was first losing weight I would buy one pair of black dress pants and one pair of jeans at a time. Shirts and blouses dont get sloppy looking nearly as fast as pants so you can usually wear them longer. Buying new clothes sure is fun though! You just dont want to end up with a closet full thats just going to get too big :-)

MomOfThreeTeens
08-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Katy-Are you going to Dollywood? The crowds shouldnt be as bad since school has started back! Have a great time and be careful traveling!

Katy66
08-14-2007, 09:39 AM
Yep, we are doing Dollywood. I've not been in years so I'm sure it has changed significantly.

MomOfThreeTeens
08-14-2007, 09:57 AM
It changes all the time, seems like they add a new ride every year! I hope you have a blast!!! Ride a roller coaster for me!

Dan2112
08-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Morning gang..

Well, here we go again.. I got a call last night, requesting me at a fire in Idaho.. Won't be as cush as the California assignment would have been, as I'll camping rather than living it up in a hotel, but that's ok.. I'll be working 16 hour days at the minimum... On the plus side, this means more money for Disneyworld!

Liza - Sorry you had to go through that.. When stuff goes wrong like that, it seems as if the world's coming down on you.. At least the stopper wasn't in, or you would have come home to a flood!

Amy, I can't agree with you more about buying new clothes... During my WL, I constantly had to keep buying pants, especially black jeans for my work uniform.. Such a hassle... I got by with larger than needed shirts, but now that I'm nearer to my goal, I've finally started buying them...

Joni135
08-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Amy - good luck with law school. I know the planning may be tough in the beginning, but hopefully you will figure out a way to get those healthy meals packed up in no time. Although it's a pain sometimes, when you are sitting there eating your healthy meal, you will feel so much better about (1) making a good choice and (2) the after affects from eating fast food or vending machine food will only feel good for about 5 minutes...then you'll feel like crud....Believe me, it happens to me all the time!!

Renee - First, hearing how much you love your job and your co-workers makes me want to go back to school for my teaching degree, move to a quieter area of the state, and try something new. I don't mind working long hours when I enjoy what I'm doing....it's working long hours without any rewards (either financially or personally) that can be a real sore spot. And, do I ever agree with you about the number of Georgia kids that get driven to school...it's insane, especially when you consider the price of gas and the 2+ hour commutes people have to get to work (and your work can be less than 20 miles away!!). I know there may be some truly justifiable reasons to drive your kid to school, but it seems like there is an excessive amount of folks doing this nowadays. Personally, I live in a very small subdivision...maybe 25 homes. It takes me about 8 minutes to walk a full circle around the entire subdivision. There are parents who drive their kids to the end of the subdivision and sit and wait with them at the busstop (lately, I've noticed they pull their vehicles up on the grass and all the grass has died due to the heat I guess the car is putting off!). HELLO people.....walking is good for everyone!!! I'm not against spending quality time with your kid, but why do they have to drive??? (and most of these parents drive home afterwards....not like they are going off to work!)?? I'm sure some moms/dad will chime in on this one...but considering I walked about a mile and a half to school when I was younger...makes me wonder (and I grew up in the city of Chicago...not exactly the country...and I'm sure there were bad people out there!)

Alannah - good luck with the house hunting. Are you handy or do you need to find move-in ready? About all I can do is paint. I keep saying I want to learn to do some of the stuff that those gals do on the fix it tv shows...but I haven't pursued anything yet. For now, I have to leave it to the experts!

Kim R (Virginia) - where are you taking your nursing classes? Nurses are in such demand...great career choice!

Amy (AL) - must have felt great sporting that bikini.....you deserve it...you've done great. Right in the middle of posting this msg, I checked out your new picture...what a difference XX lbs make...great job....I'd be grinning from ear to ear if I were you!!!

Hi Pearl....how are things going at the alley? Any ownership changes yet? Did DS ever get his wallet back?

Liz - I think it's great that you and Dan can hit the gym together. I wish my DH would join my gym...but then, again, I go early in the morning and he is so NOT a morning person....There are quite a few couples at my gym that work out together and I think that would be a great way to start (or end) the day. Okay, maybe not....????

Hi Katy (NC) - Nicole is visiting family for a few days and has promised me she will be good and return with a loss!! UPDATE: I see Nicole has posted.....yes, keep thinking about me Nicole and just pull the reins in a little tighter if you find yourself moving off course....I can't wait to see what the scale says when you get home!!! Go girl go!!!

Welcome back Michelle....and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Yes,.we're all still here...we should be on the "maintainers" board...but...ah....we're not!

Val - hi...funny how you Canadians have your "Timmie" fixes. I've actually never been to Canada and really want to visit sometime. Now that I think about it, I sure have a lot of new Canadian friends because of this board!!

Hi Liza - glad you are doing your trip. OMG....lobster......I would fill in for MiniMe in a heartbeat and Buster can sit on my lap the entire way! How far is the Rosarito house from where you live? Are you on a leave from work? I think I missed some posts and/or I saw something about a hiatus?? I feel information challenged at the moment....

Jennifer - funny cat scale story...sure...blame it on the felines!

Hi Debster...I was wondering where you were....out of control starch/carb cravings. That is the story of my life. So, this could be due to "yeast growth" in my body?...hmmmm....are you adjusting your foods or did you do some sort of detox??? I'll go look, but I'm sort of curious if you can explain a little bit about it. Glad it's working for you and thanks for sharing the info.

Where's Nashville Debbie? Kristen?

Dan - sorry you missed a trip opportunity, but being the selfish soul I can be at times, I'm glad you are still around posting. And it sounds like Liz needs Coach Dan to get her workout routine going....UPDATE...okay, fine, go to Idaho and leave Liz and me hanging!

Angie
08-14-2007, 10:11 AM
Liza -- No worries, I knew you meant me! What a rotten night you had, it can only get better from there.

Cat -- Sounds like you're off to a great start. Let that 4 lbs be your motivation to resist the pasta and potatoes. Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. (Now if only I could remember that myself!)

Katy -- How old is your daughter? We took our DS for his first theme park visit on the weekend and he had a blast. He's just two and a half, but they had lots of rides for little ones. Remarkably, I did well at the park in terms of eating. They had a buffet place, and I got some nice healthy choices there.

Boo'sMom
08-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Morning all--the last of my company left today so it's gonna be busy with housework and laundry--but it will be worth it to wake up tomorrow and have my house back to normal (well, normal for us!). Plan to go to kickboxing tonight--first time since last Weds., pray for me--lol. Have finally caught up on the posts and it's good to see some oldies back in the game. Congrats to all who have lost. Surprisingly, with a party of some sort Thursday--Sunday (yes--everyday) I am only up about a pound.

Joni--have to say on the bussing--I WISH!!!! It would be so much more convenient for me if they did but my girls bus route is weird--it comes by my house at 7:00am and drops off at 5:00 (that's an hour before school starts and and hour and a half after school lets out!!) Too long for me. Last year was great--I could take them on my way to work and then the bus brought them to my campus--perfect. No such luck for me this year. Did find out at registration yesterday that the after school program that each campus has is half price for teachers--GREAT deal for me--for only $33 a week both girls can stay until 6:00--if needed. It's a great program too--college kids work there and they help the kids get all their homework done--bonus for me and family time after work.

Okay--dryer is dinging--must get busy again. More later--I've missed you all.

Mama Nicole
08-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Hi my friends. We leave tonight at about 6:00 or 7:00 pm. My poor kids start school tomorrow morning.....and they are going to be soooo tired.....but we really have no choice. DH is in meetings in Chicago today until 5:00.....and then he will come here to Kenosha, and then we will leave. It's crazy, but that's how we roll. Anyway.....I made the mistake today of jumping on my sister's sclae......and I have no clue how far off our sclaes are off........but her's was not nice to me. I don't really know why I did that.......cuz it is like comparing apples to oranges.......but what's done is done...........and I will just have to pretend I dind't do it and WI at home tomorrow. I have been really good.......so I hope my premature WI does not discourage me too much today.

Well.........I will check in with you all later......have a great POP day :)

Hey......JM.......where have you been?
and KIM?????? What's up with that anyway?
Ok, have to run.......XOXO

Katy66
08-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Angie - My DD is 4 so we've postponed the inevitable a little longer than you did. I'm actually a little more excited about it than I thought Iwould be.

Dan - enjoy your trip to Idaho and be safe. Sorry you will be "roughing it".

Nicole - don't be discouraged by the WI today....just forget you did it:) Have a safe trip home and good luck getting the kids off to school tomorrow!

lizababe
08-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Dan - Good luck in Idaho! Don't worry, there will be plenty more California opportunities. Santa Ana's are expected here next week... yay.

Joni - I wish I was on work hiatus right now. I'm close though... closer each minute until my vacation. I am on hiatus from LAWL until their new marketing campaign in September. I guess that's good for my vacation time which is Aug 25-31 so I won't be too worried about the liquid starch and lobster but I still don't want to gain during the hiatus! You can kick Buster to the backseat. I love having friends down there. The only requirement to be a guest is to love life and laughter.

Hi Katy, Angie, Nicole and everyone else not listed on this page!

I'm still wiped out. Got the whole hot water pipe thing fixed and then something set every dog in the neighborhood off all night. One of them even barked at me as I left for work this morning. I said something colorful back to him and hit Starbucks. Venti White Mocha with non-fat milk and 3 pumps of syrup instead of 5. Not the greatest thing for the diet, but workable. Although I think this morning the coffee would be more effective poured into my eyes than my tummy to keep me awake.

Do I sound grumpy?

Dan2112
08-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Meh.. Roughing it ain't that bad.. At least we'll have hot meals and showers, which is more than I can say for the way they used to run fire camps way back in the day... Need a wash? Jump in the creek!

JLem311
08-14-2007, 12:16 PM
just popping in here to say hi. not much going on. gotta work from 230pm-11pm. then i'm off wed and thurs. but then have to work the whole weekend...again! ugh. so hopefully, i get my 2 days off in a row without someone from work calling. yeah right, but i can hope.

aguerin
08-14-2007, 12:24 PM
GL at the blaze Dan. That sounds scary to me. Do you consider it roughing it because of the camp or because you will be away from this forum? LOL

Have a safe trip home and GL on school starting tomorrow Nicole.

Liza next time you are planning on a trip to Mexico, you can do a challenge and the winner gets to go with you. I don't have a passport, but I would love to go too.

LizzyW
08-14-2007, 12:29 PM
GM everyone. Today is meet the teacher day. I am excited really. I have a 5th grader and a 2nd grader. At the same time, they are growing up so fast.

Yep, Dan is going out of town for about 1 1/2 weeks to Idaho, then for a couple of days to Las Cruces for a division meeting. Will be hard while he is gone, but I am excited for him. He has been wanting to do this kind of thing for awhile. I may have seemed a bit upset last night, but that was only because it wasn't expected. I thought he took his name of the availability list. And it does bring in extra money when you are at a fire, so that is a good point.

I did like Curves, but it was hard when I couldn't take the kids with me. No kids are allowed. So I figured that the gym would be better because of a day care there. It will be nice to have a work out partner and since he has been going to the trainer, he has picked up exercises that he could show me. But that will have to wait until he gets back.

Well, I had better actually do some work today. Talk to you all later.

TTFN,
Liz

Boo'sMom
08-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Liz--I have a 5th and a 2nd grader, too--I always laughed at people who said they grow up fast--now I am one of those people!

dawn78
08-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Joni – I regards to bussing, I wish we had the option. We don’t have bus service because we live within a 2 mile radius of the school. Either we let DS walk or we drop him off & pick him up. DS is 6, he won’t be walking!!

Catway8
08-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Good afternoon everyone,

I went to weigh in and I lost another 4 pounds. WOW that's 8 pounds in 6 days that is more than I have ever lost on any other thing I have tried before. I have a question... What are the biscotties? They like crackers? I just had lunch so I am not hungry and dont want to try them right now. I got the oats one.

Angie
08-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Dan -- Good luck in Idaho!

Lea Ann -- Good luck in kickboxing class. I'm so impressed that you are doing that!

Katy -- I was pretty hyped about going too. I got so excited just thinking about his reaction to stuff, and it was even better than I anticipated. He kept running and dancing to the piped in music, he was practically clicking his heels. He was on 'vibrate' when we met Dora and Boots....lol

Liz -- Any big party plans while you and the kids are 'baching it'? Good luck with the teacher meeting. I bet that the time has flown by. I can't believe my son is 2.5 and not a helpless baby anymore.

Repo girl
08-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Yahooooo! Dan is coming to Idaho!!! Where at in Idaho are you heading? We have had a very hot, dry, summer. Lots of fires. So, where, oh where are you heading?

MomOfThreeTeens
08-14-2007, 02:28 PM
The Biscottis are like a crunchy cookie. I tried them when I first started but decided it wasnt worth using a fruit and a starch on a cookie LOL

aguerin
08-14-2007, 02:33 PM
AMEN Kim on the Biscotti. I only bought them in a pkg deal to get the New Plan early. I got two boxes and still have 1 box unopened and 1/2 of the first box left. They are two expensive on my food allowance to eat them much. But they are good, just not THAT good. If it was only 1 starch, yeah, but not a starch and a fruit.

Catway8
08-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Thank you for the reply Kim. I have trouble consuming all that food in one day so maybe the biscotties might work for me. I will try them and see. Do you know how much they cost? Have you used the la lites? I have seen that you have lost most of your weight congrats!!! :)

Prazteam
08-14-2007, 02:42 PM
Catway - Biscottis are like a not as sweet cookie. Usually made hard to have with a beverage like hot tea or coffee.

Well, I finally got a ticker going again. Up about 14 pounds from before my computer hiatus... but I'm okay with that. DH and I started TO today and I'm making a new committment to the plan. I really haven't been applying myself to it since I came back to the site, just more or less just maintaining... So, today is the first day of an even better me!
As for the wallet, it hasn't reared it's ugly little head but we spent all day Fri. trying to get his Birth Cert. and then learners permit (again). But alas, a new law became effective in July that says they cannot re-issue a learners permit or the 90 day permit (gotten after the driving school completion) so if either are lost or stolen or expire before going to court to get the "real" drivers license, then you have just drive and take your chances... does that seem like a good law to you?!? So my ODS will be without a 90 permit for 5 days before finally going to court. At least the police will have record that his learners permit is valid and his 90 day was issued but expired. So that's where we are at this moment. His court date is on his 17th birthday next week.
Okay, gotta go get ready for work. I'm in charge of the leagues now and the new fall schedule is posted. I've just got to get them ready for starting up on the software.
Blessings,

MomOfThreeTeens
08-14-2007, 02:52 PM
thank you Cathy and yes I use the Lites, they are like legal cheats for me. I'm a big sweet eater and the Lites have been my saving grace in the afternoons. That was always my munchie time, after work before dinner. So I always know I have a Lite waiting on me when I get home!

Amy-Your new picture is great!!! I love seeing the changes people go through.

Katy66
08-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Angie - Glad you had such a great time.

Cathy - I got some sample biscottis at an open house my COD did and was particularly impressed so I've never bought them. I do the lites and rely on them pretty heavily to curb my sweet tooth. A lot of folks on this board have opted not to use them and are doing fine with substitutes or higher plan.

aguerin
08-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the compliment Kim. Yours are awesome! Who can compare to those? I have a 1993 Harley Davidson, Heritage Soft Tail Classic that I ride. I like your bike pics. I may try to dig out some of mine that will really show my weight loss off. Right now I can't find them though.

MomOfThreeTeens
08-14-2007, 03:19 PM
I've never ridden by myself, I'm content to just sit on the back and hang on! LOL I tried my chaps on the other day just to see how they fit. Last year they were so tight they were hard to zip, wouldnt even pull up on my thighs where they were supposed to. Welll now they are so big I can stick my arms down inside the legs! LOL Told hubby it was time for a new pair. He said why? I said cause they make my legs look fat. He said they made your legs look fat last year too. I said yeah but last year my legs WERE fat and they arent anymore! LOL

aguerin
08-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Well I guess he is the one who needs to buy the chaps after that comment. LOL. I ride by myself cause DH doesn't ride enough for me. Problem is I don't have anyone to ride with. I don't have the butt I use to have that held the bike up either. :cool:

Chklithunder
08-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Hi All, told you I'd make my way over here!

Just hangin out, about to leave work for the day. Tonight is fishing with youngest DS and the scouts. I've never been fishing as an adult, all I can remember is going when I was young with DM and DD and being afraid of the fish because they wiggled and looked really shiny.

I've been POP during TO yesterday and so far today. I did the unlimited version but I did not eat much at all because TOM hit yesterday and I was so miserable with the cramps that I wasn't hungry anyway. Maybe that was a blessing in disguise because I remember TO being like torture!

I am excited to get some real food tomorrow. I must remember to pack a nice lunch when I get home tonite. My DM and DD brought me a huge watermelon back from their trip down south, and BOY is it sweet and delicious. That's on the menu for sure.

Well everyone, until tomorrow...

:cheers:
Carm

slim n trim
08-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Hey everyone,
hows it going? Hope everyone is doing well.

I mentioned a few days ago, that I was working on a baby quilt, and a few of you mentioned that you would like to see photos once it was done.
Well, it is all done, and I am attaching some photos. Hope this works.

slim n trim
08-14-2007, 07:37 PM
ok, it looks like the attachment worked. Hope you are able to see something. I am not sure of the proper way to take a picture of a baby blanket. I tried to just copy and paste but it wouldn't work. Liza, you have done that .... what am I doing wrong.

Anyway, haven't had much time for personals lately, and I know I am way behind on all the new members, so would just like to shoot out a big welcome to all the new members. Look forward to getting to know you better.

Congrats to all the losers - (I am not one of them) been stuck at the same weight, or up a pound maybe for about 3 weeks. These last three pounds are going to do me in.

It sounds like a bunch of you have gone back to school already ... kids around here are off for another two weeks. Wow .... where did the summer go.

Anyways, gotta go, stuff to do.

You all take care. I will check in later.

Lynx
08-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Karen,
The quilt is beautiful. How long did it take you to make it and did you design it yourself? Who is it for? If you told us, I just don't remember.
Take care,

healthy2b
08-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Just wanted to drop by and say hi to everyone since i haven't been able to post personals lately. I have been lurking and trying to keep track.

Karen, love the baby quilt. I just finished one for my grandson that we are expecting to be here in Sept. but I cheated. The nursey is a jungle theme and my daughter found some jungle theme material that she loved and brought it to me and just wanted me to quilt it. It had jungle animals on it in little squares all over the material so I just quilted every square. It was actually quite a bit of quilting but it will be something she will have forever.

I hope everyone is doing well and surviving through this heat! Heat is suppose to make you lose weight but it isn't working for me. On the news tonight there was a segment on the cedar chips on a playground in Arlington spontaneously combusted because of the heat and a huge fire started under a jungle gym. They had to close the playgounds to make sure it didn't happen any where else and hurt anyone. Crazy stuff!

slim n trim
08-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Thanks Lynn,

I didn't design it myself - well not totally, I took a pattern that I had for a larger blanket, and just downscaled. I think it probably took me all together about 8 hours. I spent one evening just cutting the squares all out. That was the biggest part of the job, then clipping all the seams, that is pretty time consuming as well. The blanket is for either my daughter - due in October - if she has a girl, or for a girlfriend who's son is expecting in Sept and they are having a girl.

I seem to have arrived at the age, where my kids friends and my friends kids are all starting to having babies of their own, so I am often busy stitching up some kind of a blanket or maybe crocheting one.

lizababe
08-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Karen that is an absolutely beautiful quilt! It reminds me of the one my ex MIL made for my daughter when she was born (she's also Karen) and she stitched in the corner her name and the date. What a lovely gift! I hope your daughter has a girl now....

slim n trim
08-14-2007, 08:39 PM
I hope she has a girl too. We have two little girls right now and three boys, so hoping to even things up. Putting the name on the quilt is a great idea.

Carrie, quilting up all those squares is a lot of work as well. I have done that sort of thing also. I am sure that you worked very hard at it. Homemade quilts are worth the extra work, and they are a wonderful keepsake.

lizababe
08-14-2007, 09:03 PM
I just got pictures from one of the people with an ever so incriminating camera at the company picnic over the weekend. It's funny because the look on my face explains exactly what I was thinking and what was said as soon as I saw he snapped a pic. The only time I had food in my hand at the whole event and he got me with a bite of burger in my mouth. It's also the only picture of me. Gee thanks. Look at fat girl with a burger in her mouth...

On a positive note, it's not as awful as I thought it would be. The girl (with the huge knockers) standing next to me is very small (besides the knockers) and fit. I thought I'd look 10x her size with more of a double chin.

Here's the evidence:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lizababe/burger.jpg

CandlePrincess
08-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Well today was the first day of school....only 179 more to go! LOL I've managed to somehow stay POP inspite of school...but i was starved today and i haven't been starved in a long time. I guess i'm going to have to redo my menu plans.
Not much else going on here...i go back to WI on sat...who knows what that scale will say......more tomorrow!

Angie
08-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Karen -- The quilt is lovely! Very delicate and pretty.

Liza -- Hey, that's what I was thinking, it's not like you look huge in the picture, you look normal relative to the others there. The look on your face IS worth a thousand words.

MomOfThreeTeens
08-14-2007, 09:35 PM
Amy-I asked DH if it was different balancing the bike with 70 less pounds of me on it this year! My seat doesnt seem as comfortable as I remember, he says its because I dont have as much padding in the tushie as I used to! LOL

Went to the store tonight and got stuff for a TO. I know I'm on stabilization but its time for evil TOM to curse me and I seem to be seeing if I can set a record for the most junk eaten in a day! So I'm gonna do a TO to get my butt back in the right frame of mind. I do fine at work all day, come home and raid the pantry! Grrr!!! Sooo we'll see if I can stick with it for a couple of days.

Liza-Besides the burger in your mouth its not a bad picture! LOL

Karen-The quilt is beautiful!!

Dan2112
08-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Evening gang..

Bags are packed and tickets are in hand...

Katie, I'll be in McCall, just north of Boise.. The fire is the East Complex Fire, in the Payette National Forest... This area has several large fires, so it should be pretty exciting... I won't be in harm's way, as I'll be answering media phone calls and giving tours of the area, but well away from active fire... I'm hoping to get close in once or twice so I can get some good photos, but don't worry you guys, I won't be close enough to get burned...

I'll have internet access at the communications desk, so I'll check in when I can...

Talk to you soon!

Heather115
08-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Hey everybody! Just checking in. I've been busy at work and with the kids' school stuff and just got caught up on the last 4 pages of posts. My scale at home tells me that all the support I'm getting here is working! I'm almost afraid to go WI and jinx it. I haven't been since Friday so I'd better go tomorrow. I'm starting to feel munchy so I'd better head off to bed before I start prowling in the pantry.

On a local note, Katy have fun at Dollywood. They do have some sensible food choices there, even at the non-sit-down type eateries. It's just resisting all the tasty junk that's hard. Good luck! At least you'll be doing a lot of walking to offset whatever temptation you might give in to!

'night guys...

lizababe
08-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Karen - My daughter was very attached to her quilt from her grandma that I had hoped to put into her special treasure chest and preserve. Instead, it ended up very ratty and stained but on reflection, I think that shows how much she loved it. I still keep it for her, even in it's very loved condition. I'm sending girl vibes your way!

Angie and Kim - Thanks for agreeing with me on the pic. LOL. I'm still fat and it's not flattering, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I've been bigger. Sad that I used to look like the girl next to me where my own knockers were noticeable rather than just blending in with my disappearing waist and hips that now surpass the rest.

Dan - good luck in the fire zone! I hope we don't have any here that would require your presence!

Well, I was finally POP today! I've been slipping since my hiatus. Having the COD accountability really does make a difference and I'm having a hard time without them. Just a couple more weeks to hang in there....

amylou7777
08-15-2007, 01:47 AM
Hi friends!

Well it has been a looong week (and it's only Tuesday night). I didn't expect this new schedule to be so hard to adjust to, but it is. Lots of reading and lots of classes....BUT I have managed to stay POP. It takes a lot of pre-planning to pack ALL of my food for the day since I get home late, but it has totally been worth it (you are SO right, Joni). I managed to get into the COD this morning to W/I and it showed a gain, but bc of this new schedule I was wearing jeans (rather than my w/i gauze capris ;0) and had already eaten breakfast...so it may take a while to get some consistency in my weight.

Thanks for all of the encouragment!

Liza, have a great time in Rosarito. I love the pic you posted! BUSTED! By the way, the girl with the big knockers looks like one of my sorority sisters from college. Her name isn't Victoria is it? How funny would that be?

Karen, the quilt is gorgeous. I love the peach color!

Dan, have a great time in Idaho! Hope the camp has some good food! And by "good" I mean "legal"!

Heather, glad you are doing so well! I was starved on the first day of school this year too? I think it was my nerves about all the new classes and trying to keep up...hope you have a great week!

Amy, the new pic is amazing! What a difference!

Kim, I'm sure that bike feels a lot lighter! Over 70lbs...amazing!

Well, my eyes are getting heavy, off to bed. Have a great wednesday everyone!

Repo girl
08-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Dan- Oh, I love that area. It is about 6 hours from me, but I love Boise. If it was not so far away from my family, I would live there. One of my daycare dads is a Navy Reserve guy, and just headed that way to fight fires last week. Tell him hello, won't you? LOL. Have a good time!

Liza- Everytime you look at that picture, see yourself as a thin girl, every bit as small as the girl next to you.

Karen- Very pretty quilt.

Have a fantastic day everyone!!!

Catway8
08-15-2007, 08:28 AM
Good morning everyone,

How are you all today? I am just about to have breakfast. And then I dont know what else I will do today. My husband and children are gone for the day so today could be a me day. I think I may go out and do some shopping. Breakfast is ready so see you in a bit. Have a good day!

aguerin
08-15-2007, 09:10 AM
GM All.

Is is possible to have a food hang over? I fell off the wagon last night with Fried Catfish, Cornbread and Pinto Beans and I feel awful today. I was just going to try a small piece of the catfish and before it was over I was even into the Little Debbie cakes. Can you say major binge? Anyway, got a grip. Grieved over the incident and then let it go. I deserved a day off since it has been about 2 weeks or more, so here we go OP today.

Liza for some reason I couldn't see you pic. I only had the red x. Probably something quirky with this computer

Karen the quilt pics are beautiful, you should sell them. Baby items are a hot comodity.

Congrats to all the Losers this week. Stay focused. We have to get through 3 more work days before the weekend.

emmysmom
08-15-2007, 09:22 AM
OMG, Carrie! I never heard of such a thing! Who would have thought that wood chips could just set fire like that.

Karen - the quilt is precious!

Liza - the picture looks better than you think. :) Funny about the big knockers comment. I looked at the picture before I read your post and thought that the girl reminded me of a dj at our station...tiny with big knockers.

MickeySue
08-15-2007, 10:15 AM
GM everyone! I start my To to get going today....I am going to do unlimited as I have been off for soooo long. I jumped on the scale this am and am 2 lbs lighter as I thought.... TOM is coming to an end in a couple more days...I have a visitation and funeral this weekend out of town so I am not sure how that is going to go....

Karen - you do beautiful work. My mother is still quilting my dd's baby quilt and she is 3! to be fair, she has made it into a over sized twin and is all that's left is to put it all together. Maybe she will get it for Christmas.

Liza- it is a good pic...I personally like the pig tails. Yeah to the POP!

Princess Heather - congrats on staying POP .... school already? My goodness! Stay strong.

Dan - More well wishes for the fire line.

Cathy - no kids, no husband, and you are still at home?! get out while you can!! Hurry quick before the phone rings...have a good day.

Amy - yes, it is totaaly possible to have a food hangover. Feels pretty icky too! But back to the op and yes drink that lemon...whole! You have a great outlook on your binge.

Boo'sMom
08-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Morning all--nothing new around here. Managed through class last night but that week off sure did make me pay dearly. We've decided the instructor is psycho (or SM) but it's feels good AFTER class. Long after your body is screaming NOOOOOO he's says 1 more minute!!! About 10 more times...

Both girls had sleepovers (here) so we had a long night--I am an early to bed gal and it didn't happen. Taking the girls to an amusement park tonight then the Discovery Center tomorrow--I guess I am packing in all the things we wanted to do all summer into this last week--so typical of us.

Congrats to all those losing and maintaining--and for those of us hanging by our fingernails--WE CAN DO THIS. For some reason my scale was down today but I won't change my ticker just yet--doesn't seem right since I wasn't that great yesterday (or the past week for that matter--or all summer really)

later gators!

NaomiZ
08-15-2007, 11:07 AM
I'm having a very hard time, it's been 1 week since I ran out of my LAWL stuff and I have been so hungry and totally OP I think I've gained a pound or 2 :( I hope the EBay stuff gets here soon!

JLem311
08-15-2007, 11:07 AM
hey everyone. just hanging out today. i have the next 2 days off. i should go to COD today to WI, but i'm just feeling lazy. guess i should just do it.
need to get a workout in today too. that's pretty much all that's on my agenda for the day. :)

i'll be back later!

slim n trim
08-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Good morning everyone.

Thank you everybody for the compliments on my baby quilt.
I will have to give some thought to your suggestion Amy to sell these. I did that many years ago when my kids were little. I made crafts and sold them at a craft sale. Did quite well at it too.

Bythe way Amy, your picture is awesome. You can really see the weight loss in your face.

I have been up today since about 5:30 am. dh was heading to Calgary and wanted to get an early start. Its now a little after 9 and I still haven't had any breakfast. Guess I better go do that.

Will check in later.

LizzyW
08-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Morning all -

Well I dropped Dan off at the airport this morning. It was really strange to see him getting on a plane by himself. Usually we are with him when he flies. It will be weird not having him here for the next week and a half. The kids are back in school today so no major plans while he is gone.

Jillian - Enjoy your days off. Seems like they just don't last that long do they.

Karen - Love the quilt. I have never quilted, but I used to crochet. I have made several blankets when I was a kid. I haven't made my kids anything though. Is that bad?:hug:

Liza - The picture isn't that bad. I think you look great. And wouldn't you figure a picture was taken when you eat. Why do people think that is the best time to take a picture? Also enjoy your trip to Rosarito. You better post plenty of pics.

Carrie - There is nothing wrong with doing the quilt they way you are doing it. It is just as special and taking just as much work. The only thing that matters is that it is made with lots of love.:hug:

Katy - Have fun at Dollywood. You will do fine I am sure.

Amy - I know how you feel about the binge. With Dan out of town now, what do I do but go to Starbucks and get a Green Tea Latte with non fat milk and a blueberry muffin. HA!!:^:

Michelle - Congrats on the loss. I am sure you will be just fine when you go out of town. We just have to remember we are still on plan when we leave town and can't say it is a vacation. Now if there isn't anything good for you to eat there, then hey what can you do.;)

Boo - I know how sleepovers are. My daughter has had several of them. She is even having one this weekend for the High School Musical 2 premiere. Aren't we sweet parents.:dizzy:

Naomi - Sorry you are out of LAWL stuff. I don't do the bars anymore. I started not liking them. Think I was getting tired of them, plus we don't have a COD anymore so really can't buy them.

Hello to Nicole, Pearl, Joni, Kim and anyone else I have missed. Have a pop day and talk to you later.

TTFN
Liz

Boo'sMom
08-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Liz--that's too funny--we are having another sleepover (same kids plus another) for the big High School Musical 2 movie, too. We gave the new soundtrack to one of the girls last night for her birthday so I am already sick of it since it hasn't left my house yet!

And yes--we are sweet parents--haha--depends on what day you ask them though.

JLem311
08-15-2007, 11:33 AM
yay for starbucks liz! hope your latte and muffin were delicious! :)
(ok, you can't tell that i work there or anything, can you?! ha!)

Chklithunder
08-15-2007, 11:47 AM
:wave: Hi Everyone.

Today is my first day after TO, and boy am I ever excited even though I have more grilled chicken and green veggies for lunch. The Lion King is in town and my friend and I are going first to dinner and then to the show. I am planning on just having a green salad with chicken or salmon for dinner, and I am saving a fruit for a glass of wine at the show. I am excited, we have great seats - got them back in December.

Katy - Enjoy Dollywood. That's where we went for vacation this summer. We stayed in a cabin at the tip top of a mountain in Gatlinburg. I had a great time at Dollywood, and we enjoyed Gatlinburg quite a bit too. Only thing, in Gatlinburg there is so much food on the strip it is not even funny. Every three steps there is either a restaurant or a shop or a stand, its ridiculous. The next time we go I would love to be able to do some of the more outdoor activities like one of the kayak tours. My DH and DKs went, but I was too self conscious about my weight to try it. I truly hope you have a wonderful time!

Lea Ann - You guys are awesome parents. I like having kids around but it seems like the older my DH gets the less he is able to tolerate it. I feel like it keeps me young. We are alike in that I am trying to cram a couple last minute things in with the kids before summer ends. The kids want to go to Cedar Point - we'll see...

Here's to a POP day Everybody! :cheers:
Carm

MomOfThreeTeens
08-15-2007, 12:20 PM
:wave: Hiya Liz!!! Hope the time flies until Dan is home again. My Dh used to travel with work, out on Monday and home on Fridays. Did that for 6 years, ugh! We get in a routine with them gone, then they come home and throw a wrench in everything! LOL

Heather115
08-15-2007, 12:45 PM
My DH is a firefighter and works 24 hours on, 48 hours off. He's done this for 14 years so I really count on every 3rd day being able to do what I want or need to do after work without checking his plans for the evening. Even if that means I just want to lay on the couch with a good book! He's the type that go-go-goes right up until his head hits the pillow so we all go along with him most of the time. I've often said that I wonder how we'll survive when he retires and we're together every day! :) That's a long way off so I'm sure we'll think of something.

After all that, I have to say something very positive about him lest you think I prefer not to have him around at all! He is being so supportive about LAWL. As I've mentioned before, weight has never been an issue for him so the whole concept of dieting is rather foreign. I always used that to my advantage on other diets so I could sneak in a cheat here and there without him being any wiser. For example, he ate at Panera a couple weeks ago and was really proud that he ate only half a chicken salad sandwich on sourdough bread and a bowl of broccoli cheese soup. When I told the counselor at the COD that, she got a good laugh. But you see what I mean about him not really knowing what good food choices are.

He's really gotten excited about eating healthy with LAWL though. He's even got the guys at the firehall chipping in for grilled fish and chicken and salad fixins each shift instead of going to Outback or Firehouse Subs. He checks the LAWL cookbook for good recipes, tries them out on me at home and then takes them to the firehall for the guys. Of course, he's balancing his diet with Krystal burgers or fried chicken sandwiches from Wendy's, but at least he's making the effort! Can't ask for more than that!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Sounds like you've got a good one there Heather! My DH has never had a weight problem either. BUT I've been telling him a long time, thin doesnt mean healthy. I was the one over weight but HE was the one with high blood pressure and cholesterol. Go Figure!

Prazteam
08-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Morning all! 2nd day of TO, down 2 pounds. Tilapia with smoked paprika and garlic - YUM!
Tried to take a look at the thread about the "dress" but I keep getting a timeout from the site. If someone could post the info here, I'd appreciate it!
Didn't get much sleep last night, dh came home at 4am wide awake so it was around 6 when I finally settled in. Oh well, what's a little sleep?!? :yawn:
Liz - I remember my DH getting on a plane to leave for 2 weeks... I cried when he walked away and I didn't stop for 3 days! About drove my boys nuts! It was the first time we had been seperated for so long and it hasn't happened since! Thank goodness! ;) I know time will fly with school going on now!
Amy - You're looking GREAT! Yep, food hangover... been there, done that! I suspect most of us have! And it seems like the salt and the grease are the worst! I never seem to get food hangover from too much fruit or veggies! :rofl:
Michelle - Hang in there! TO will fly by and so will the pounds! You go girlfriend!
LeaAnn - Of course you're a great parent! The things we do for our kids now will come back to haunt THEM later! Hee hee!
Naomi - Hold on! If it gets too bad, reach for more veggies or fruit. We didn't get overweight eating too much of either of those and they'll help you feel full! :)

Oh well, gotta go have some tilapia breakfast... YUMMY!
Blessings,

JLem311
08-15-2007, 01:13 PM
ok, back from COD. i lost another pound. :) slowly but surely it's coming off. i've set another mini goal for myself today.
DH surprised me with an actual honeymoon for our 1yr anniversary at the end of september (a resort with an oceanfront room at myrtle beach) so i'd like to be below 200 before then. i'm setting this at 10lbs, so i'll be at 198. i think that's pretty resonable for a month and a half. we're going the weekend of sept 28th.

anyways, just thought i'd post that. i'm off to update my stats and make a new ticker. :)

MomOfThreeTeens
08-15-2007, 01:29 PM
WOW Jillian! I really hadnt paid attention to your ticker, you're rockin it girl!!! Keep up the good work! The honeymoon sounds wonderful!!! I love the beach.

MTdebster921
08-15-2007, 01:37 PM
On the discussion of buying new clothes. I've been buying the bulk of my shirts at the Salvation Army. Every other Friday here, they have a 1/2 off everything day and I have gotten several brand new shirts with tags still on them for $1.47. That way I don't feel guilty for spending money on shirts I will shrink out of and then I just donate them back when they get too big.

Liza- Bummer on the broken faucet, but luckily it wasn't any worse than it was. You look cute in the picture. At least your mouth was shut when they snapped the pic.

aguerinAmy- LOVE the new pic!! Yes, food hangovers are possible. Been there, done that.

Cathy- WTG on the 8 lbs. That is so awesome.

Kim2- I just forced DH to go to the Dr. and get a checkup and his BP was elevated and the cholesterol was kind of high too. It's higher than mine ever was at my heaviest. With a little coaxing, he has given me control over what goes in his mouth. Good thing for him is that now I fix ALL his food for him so he doesn't have to think about it, he just eats.

Karen- The baby quilt is just beautiful!

Dan- Take care at the fire site. Hopefully they will have healthy foods for you.

Liz- Enjoy some you time with Dan gone. He'll be home before you know it. My DH does a lot of traveling M-F and when he's home all week it seems kind of weird with him there. I really hate it when he is home for a few weeks straight and then goes out for a week, I miss him really bad.

Pearl- Great job on the 2 lbs. You are on your way again!!

Jillian- Enjoy your 2 days off. Are things getting any better for you?

Amylou- I sure you'll get into a routine with everything going on and you will do just fine.

We're leaving for Colorado friday evening. I am so ready to get out of this smoke. They don't have any fires there and they are getting plenty of rain. I guess one good thing about the smoke is that we have beautiful orange and pink sunrises and sunsets. I can see the Rocky Mountains out my back door, but haven't seen them for weeks now with all the smoke.

Angie and others that asked, I will post about the yeast stuff tonight or tomorrow, don't have time right now.

Have a great day everybody!!!

MTdebster921
08-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Yay Jillian, you are over halfway there girl!! You can do it!! What day is your anny? Ours is the 29th of Sept. It will be 17 wonderful years.

JLem311
08-15-2007, 01:44 PM
WOW Jillian! I really hadnt paid attention to your ticker, you're rockin it girl!!! Keep up the good work! The honeymoon sounds wonderful!!! I love the beach.

thanks kim, i'm trying! still a bit slow going, but i'm keeping at it. i bought more weeks at COD a few weeks ago. 19 more to be exact and lowered my goal a bit too.
i never did the honeymoon thing with my first DH, so this honeymoon thing is new to me! here's the website to where we're going: www.dunesvillage.com i'm super excited!

btw, you're looking pretty dang snazzy yourself girlie!

Joni135
08-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Jillian - wow..you are almost at the 40 lbs mark...slow and steady you go...but you will surely win this race. Nice incentive, too, from DH.

Hi Debster..enjoy your trip to Colorado. Right now I'd like to be in Alaska (assuming it's a little cooler there!).

Nicole - are all the kids in school or are the boys still at home???

Just a quick check in then I'm off to do some "stress" cleaning. Had a good at home weigh in this morning, but it's because I ate very little yesterday. Charlie dog had a scheduled chemo treatment, and, unfortunately, they found some more bad stuff in a swollen lymph node. So, he's out of remission and I have a knot in my tummy that just fills me up. So far today I have done the best to take care of myself (made myself drink a protein drink/SlimFast Optima); got on my treadmill for 30 minutes, made an appointment to go talk to a therapist who can help me deal with my OCD behavior and pet concerns and possibly provide some life coaching?? I even scheduled an appt with holistic vet. I'm the kind of person that has to know Ive done everything I could do to help the situation, so I'm hoping meeting with the holistic vet will provide some insight.

Have a good day everyone...........

JLem311
08-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Yay Jillian, you are over halfway there girl!! You can do it!! What day is your anny? Ours is the 29th of Sept. It will be 17 wonderful years.

deb--our is the 29th of sept too! wow. we got married last year on a whim, and eloped. it was great. i eloped with my first marriage too! never wanted to do the whole big wedding thing.

JLem311
08-15-2007, 01:51 PM
joni--sorry to hear about charlie. my thoughts are with you. therapists are great too. which reminds me...i really should get back into that. it used to do wonders for me.

deb--things are getting a bit better for me. i had to start taking some meds again and like i said to joni, i really should get back into the therapy thing. i just hate trying to find someone i'm comfortable with. i left all my beloved drs back in South Dakota and haven't attempted to find any since. it's been over a year, so i guess i should bite the bullet and do something about that. i just keep telling myself that i'll do it when we move back. but who knows when that will be.

Boo'sMom
08-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Jillian--congrats on your losses--and your trip, too--it sounds great. We went to MB last summer and loved it--you deserve it!

Joni--I hope you find what you need for comfort and know how sorry we all are to hear about Charlie's relapse. We lost our 14 year old cocker to cancer of the lymph nodes so I understand your sadness. Take comfort in knowing you are doing all you can.

Deb--so good to see you again.

still doing a lot of nothing today---yeah! Housefull of kids about to get in the pool but they are all easy kids--pretty self-sufficient.

Repo girl
08-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Joni- Oh, so sorry to hear about Charlie. I will be thinking about both of you!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-15-2007, 02:28 PM
:cry: Joni, sorry to hear about Charlie. We'll all say a few prayers and keep our fingers crossed for you.

MomOfThreeTeens
08-15-2007, 02:34 PM
DH just sent me a picture he took of me with our Harley. I put it in my profile, ignore the helmet hair! LOL

Joni135
08-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Thanks everyone...your thoughts mean the world to me.

Kim - regarding that picture....OMG!! If wearing a helmet would make my hair look that good, I think I'm going to try it.

MomOfThreeTeens
08-15-2007, 03:08 PM
LOL Joni, you are too nice! I hate what the helmet does to my hair, especially when its 95 outside, just plasters it to my head, ugh!

Mama Nicole
08-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Joni...........you are such a good mommy :) I am so glad you are trying to take care of yourself through all of this. Charlie wouldn't want it any other way!!!! Oh, and you won't have to mail me my prize.........despite my effots, I had a small gain of 1.8 lbs. I was OP, so I have no clue what that is about......oh, wait, it may have something to do with the McDonald's cesar salad I had on the road last night at 11:00 p.m. LOL. We traveled really late (got home at 3:00 a.m). Anyway.........I have not let it get me down.......I am still going strong.

Big hellos to everyone......just have to time to check in.........I am in the middle of making concord grape jelly with grapes from Scott's grandma's house in Wisconsin :) YUM!!!!

I'll try to check in later.
XOXO
P.S......love your picture Kim...........Yowza!!!!

LittleBlueCat
08-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Just wanted to post some extra :hug: :hug: :hug: for Joni and :hug: :hug: :hug: for Charlie Dog!!

Lynx
08-15-2007, 03:28 PM
Jillian – You are really on a roll. Congratulations. We are also going to an ocean front condo in Myrtle Beach, but not until mid October. I have a timeshare week that was expiring and this was the best use of the week. I am looking forward to the trip since I have not been to Myrtle Beach before.

Pearl – Here are the links to the dress
www.infinitedress.com
http://rowena.typepad.com/rostitchery/2006/06/one_seam_conver.html
Yesterday, I dropped off some of my clothes that were too big at Savers, which is an Easter Seal store and I decided to look around to see if I could find some shorts or whatever. I got several pairs of slacks and some tops, but then I found two wool coats that were like brand new. I also found and bought an all weather coat for running around. I was thinking that I would need a new winter coat, but never dreamed I would find one now. One of the coats is a Forecaster and it probably retailed for over $200. I paid $6.99 each for the coats and on my way home I dropped them off to be dry cleaned. I spent a total of $48 and I bought nine items.

Heather – your husband sounds wonderful and we have to salute all firefighters for the job they do for us all of the time.

Kim2 – The motorcycle picture is great. I really can’t notice what you call the helmet hair.

Deb – Sorry about the smoke and fires in your area. Hope you have a great weekend in Colorado.

Joni – Sorry to hear the news about Charlie. My thoughts are with you.

Liz – You will have to keep us posted on how you and the kidos are doing without Mr. No Salt. I hope he gets to communicate with us a little while he is gone.

Nicole – Welcome back. Hope you had a great time in Kenosha and could cool off in Lake Michigan.

aguerin
08-15-2007, 03:30 PM
O.k. All Brace yourselves. Here is a pic of me at my FATTEST. :o Now you can really appreciate the new one. LOL

Can anybody say WHOOO HOOOO LAWL? :carrot:

aguerin
08-15-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm Sorry Joni, I meant to tell you I am thinking about you and your precious furkid. As one having gone through Chemo myself it is He!! on earth believe me. I hope the alternative medicine works for him. Maybe I could search and provide you with some ideas. I know there are probably some herbal remedies out there that help, but not sure what right now. Good Luck and my prayers will be with you and your Charlie.

MomOfThreeTeens
08-15-2007, 03:36 PM
Wow Amy, that doesnt even look like the new you!!!

Boo'sMom
08-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Kim--WOW--you look great--(psssttt... you need smaller jeans already!)

aguerin
08-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Thanks Kim. I can't view your pics. My work has some stuff blocked and yours comes up with adult content. LOL That is too funny.

I will have to look at them at home. Still gotta find that Harley Pic. Or maybe take some of the new me on it. That would be better. Do you ride in the Trail of Tears ride they have every Septermber or is that too far for you?

lizababe
08-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Joni - I'm so sorry to hear about Charlie.. I'm sending BIG hugs your way!!!

Amy - Wow!! That is a huge difference! You're beautiful!

Kim - Wowza to you too!

I wish I could meet all of you in person. I love this site so much. It's so nice to have people to share daily joys and disappointments without worry about being judged. You're all inspiring from those who've lost over 100lbs to those just starting out. Keep up the great work and inspiration. Sometimes we make a difference in the world without knowing it.

Have a POP day... I'm working on it!

Jrny2aNewMe
08-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi all!

Don't have time today for more than a quick fly-by, but I had to stop and say "Joni - I'm sending my prayers across North America for you and your Charlie Dog"

healthy2b
08-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Amy - great new picture...congrats on the success...you look great!

Kim - great picture with your bike....it's nice to have some thing that you and dh enjoy doing together.

Nicole - you are awsome....always canning and jamming....great mom!

Jillian - congrats on the honeymoon....you'll have a great time

Liz - enjoy some me and the kids time while Dan is away....it will make the time go by faster until he returns...when my DH went out of town when my kids where younger we would have things we would do that DH wasn't paricularly interested in doing...ie..going to the movies (he can't seem to sit still long enough to get through a whole movie at the theater, he is getting better with age though) etc., it was always nice to have certain things that we did that were special just for us.

Liza- do I remember that your leaving for a Mexico vacation soon! If my memory serves me right, not much longer...ya!!!!

Hi to eveyone else.....leaving for my cruise tomorrow...can't wait!:D

JLem311
08-15-2007, 04:30 PM
just posted a new progress pic in my profile. the left side is from august last year and i was about 230. and the right side is from last month and i was at about 210. what a difference 20lbs makes.

i need to do a full length pic again soon. the ones i take are mainly headshots...but you get the idea.

MomOfThreeTeens
08-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Adult content huh? Oops LOL

I told hubby I didnt realize those jeans looked so baggy until I saw that picture!!

Carrie-We love to ride, we'd be on it every weekend if real life didnt intrude so often! Have a great time on your cruise!

Liza-I wish I was going with you. I could stand a few days of laying on the beach doing nothing! Hope you have a nice relaxing time!

Nicole-Send me some! I love homemade jams and jellies. My mom used to make plum jelly, oh yum!

Repo girl
08-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Kim, Amy- Wow, looking good!!

whatazoo
08-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Joni - I am thinking of you and Charlie. When I get home, I am going to PM you some sites that I am aware of that are pretty natural and the owner of one has been thru cancer with her dog, I think. That is, if you don't mind.

I have been staying OP, but not losing very fast. Am going back through my gold book and looking at the menus, copying those for this week, see how things go. Am .4 away from my original goal and still have 3 1/2 weeks of weight loss left! Woohoo. Then I will buy more weeks, depending on how much I loose between now and 9/10...

emmysmom
08-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Kim - you're a hot mama!!!
Amy - you look fantastic...totally different!
Jillian - huge difference. You're right...you need to take a full body shot:)

Joni ((((((hugs)))))) to you and Charlie :hug:

Liza - I agree...it would be soooo cool if we could all meet. I find comfort in this site.

slim n trim
08-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Afternoon Everyone .....

Just popping in quick.

Joni, my thoughts are with you. I hope that Charlie will be okay! :hug:

Amy, and Jill - very noticeable difference. You both look great. :high:
Its funny how much difference 20 lbs makes isn't it. I saw a recent picture of me the other day, and I thought wow - my face looks much thinner, I hadn't realized till I saw the picture and started comparing it to older pictures.

Jill, have a great vacation. How sweet of dh to surprise you with the trip.
Carrie - have a great cruise - where are you cruising?
Liza, where in Mexico is it that you are going? I love Mexico!

dolphn545
08-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Hey Everybody! :wave:

Just a quick check in to say hi.

Joni - :hug::hug::hug: to you & Charlie!!

Love the new pics that everybody's been posting!

Karen - Love the baby quilt! I taught myself how to quilt, and last year, I made one baby quilt, a quilt for my youngest DD (12), I started one for me (I got all the squares done, just didn't put the backing or do the actual "quilting" part of it!!) For Christmas, I made a picture quilt for my grandma, with EVERYBODY in it.

:wave: to everybody!! Have a good night!

dolphn545
08-15-2007, 08:22 PM

Just a quick check in to say hi.

Joni - :hug::hug::hug: to you & Charlie!!

Love the new pics that everybody's been posting!

Karen - Love the baby quilt! I taught myself how to quilt, and last year, I made one baby quilt, a quilt for my youngest DD (12), I started one for me (I got all the squares done, just didn't put the backing or do the actual "quilting" part of it!!) For Christmas, I made a picture quilt for my grandma, with EVERYBODY in it.

:wave: to everybody!! Have a good night!

Lynx
08-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Quick story from our local news here in Madison WI that relates to what Deb said about the smoke and wild fires in Montana -
Our local meterologist was talking about the cloud conditions and the sky and he said that our overcast conditions are being caused by the smoke from the Montana wildfires. He also talked about the spectacular sunsets also caused by the smoke. We are 1200 + miles east of Montana.
I suppose it is conceivable that we could be affected by Idaho's wildfires too. We are talking 1600 + miles away.
What do you think, Dan? Hope all is going well for you.
Deb, you may not escape the smoke in Colorado as you had hoped. Let's hope that the smoke smell is not prevalent there.

lizababe
08-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Hi Everyone! I love all of the pics being posted... keep us inspired ladies!

Liz - How are you doing without Dan? Has he been able to check in with you?

I wish I could take all of you to Mexico with me. My favorite part of being there is the "no worries" aspect. No computer, no cell phones, no problems. We stay out on the patio having our cocktails, playing cards and most important: LAUGHING until our sides hurt! I imagine you gals could add even more spice to that!

I switched cell phone plans after having the one forever and cell phones more outdated than bellbottoms. I've been waiting impatiently all day for these new phones and it figures they arrived after I left for work. It was cute though because I called home to check on things and see if they got there and Mini-Me said "Darn it. Yes they're here. I wanted you to be surprised when you got home. I could've lied but you always know when I do anyway." We'll have to break open the packages and check out all of the bells and whistles after I take doggie out for his run tonight.

Day two of being POP! Woo hoo! Let's see if I can take off 5lbs before I go to Rosarito. No POP while I'm on vacation so it will lessen the blow if I can lose it before I go to even things out.

Joni - I'm still hugging you.

equinetcan
08-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Hello everybody,

I just finished reading 8 pages thank you. I couldn't get on here since Monday evening and you guys were on page 2 at that time.

Val - I know this is a bit late but congrats to your daughter's reserve chp. I remember what it was like when I won my first reserve championship with Charlie and then 1 show later when I won my first Grand championship in Springfield Mass. I won't ever forget that feeling. She should be very proud of herself.

Joni - sorry to hear about Charlie dog. I know how hard that can be. As for your other question on Monday about me being handy - kinda... I can do some things if I really need to but don't really want to most of the time. I much prefer to do the decorating and painting and such. So yes I am looking for something newer so I don't have to worry as much about someone else's problems. I am going to look at 3 homes on friday.

This week so far has been ok. Tired but tomorrow is my friday as I am off friday and Monday again. My aunt and her friend are visiting from Halifax on monday for a couple of days and staying with mom. So I'll get to see her. She is the only real relative I have left besides mom. Work has been tiring. I have been on the phone all day every day and I find that gets to me after awhile as I am so used to now getting time off the phones doing other work. But we are just biding time till the end of the month when I am supposed to go back to training again.

I'll be going to COD on saturday. I couldn't get there this week through the week with work conflicts and such. I am going to have to talk to them about the plan 5 I am on because it is way too much food for me. I can't even come close to eating it all.

Guess thats it for now. I'll check in again tomorrow. Must try to get some sleepies now...

Catway8
08-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Good evening everyone,

WOW You have all been busy typing today. When I signed out this afternoon we were only on page 7 now were on 10. I didn't end up doing much today. I stayed home and did nothing till about 2 then I went and got my mom after work and took her to do a few errands then we had supper. I still find it hard to eat ALL that food in one day. But I do manage to get it in but then I am soooo full. But I dont eat after 6 pm so it holds me over till morning.

Joni- I am sorry to hear about Charlie. My thoughts are with you and your family.

I dont really know all your names yet but I will soon. I am hooked to this place already. Thank you all for all your good info and suggestions. You do help alot.

Ok I must head for bed I work tomorrow. Have a good night and a good sleep.

Prazteam
08-16-2007, 01:07 AM
Joni - You're an awesome mom to Charlie and I can only imagine the comfort you must be for him right now! I agree, do everything you possibly can for him. Don't give up! Sometimes our will and attitude and FAITH are greater than those circumstances that seem to overwhelm us and we find greater strength and resolve in the midst of it all. Take it one day at a time and remember you have to stay healthy to care for him! My prayers are with you and if you need an encouraging word, I'm here for ya girlfriend!

The new pics are amazing! Great losses everyone!

One of our leagues had their end of season banquet tonight and of course, they wanted to include me in on it! They had meatballs, wings, casseroles, desserts, fruit, all sorts of stuff... and I didn't eat ONE BITE!!! I told them I couldn't and even my boss came over and offered to make me a plate. (Good grief!) So, after much ado, I ate my tilapia and lettuce and am proud to say I passed that test!
DH was telling me that Pur is now offering coupons if you come in 3X week and while on maintenance, if you stay within 5lbs, you get a coupon each week. Definitely a way to motivate dh! (in his wallet!) :lol3:
Well, gotta go. Got some "stuff" to do before he gets home. Hopefully he'll be sleepy when he gets here 'cause I'm tired and ready to go nite nite!
Blessings,

MTdebster921
08-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Where is everybody this morning?? Too weird that I am the first poster this morning.

Joni- :hug:My heart sunk when you said Charlie's cancer may be back. I am sending lots of good vibes your way in hopes that your precious furkid gets better. I know you are like us, we would end up mortgaging the house if we had to for one our our furkids. Keep the faith!!

Kim2- Cool pic by the bike-Lea Ann is right, SMALLER JEANS!!

Nancy- HI :wave: Looking pretty HAWT in that new pic. What's been going on?

Lynn- DM said that they've had clear skies. They've been having some rain, so that may keep the smoke at bay. A couple of days ago when it was the worst, it looked like a fog bank out there. When we did get some rain it smelled like a wet ashtray all day long. Most times it just smells like a campfire all the time. I just need to give my asthma inhaler a break. That's too crazy that you guys are getting the effects from it clear over there.

Jillian- You're looking good girl!!!

Vacation starts today WOOHOO!!! :carrot: I have a lot to get done today and tomorrow before we leave.

Will check in later

Repo girl
08-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Have fun Deb!!!

aguerin
08-16-2007, 10:33 AM
GM All; I reviewed the posts earlier, but didn't submit anything. Thanks for all the compliments. Still trying to recover from the catfish blowout on Wednesday. Scale is also suffering from it too.

Good Luck and have a great time to all of you who have Vacation and Honeymoons planned. I am going to Albuquerque at the end of the month on a short business trip and then will be going to Pigeon Forge for the Rod Run in September. Last year was our first year for that and my boys really liked it. Hope to make a family tradition out of it since they seemed to enjoy it so much.

Not much else going on. Good to see everyone. GL to all with being POP today. Geez I think its Friday for some reason.

Mama Nicole
08-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Good morning everyone..........I haven't even read anything since yesterday........but I have a question, non fatty related.

Do any of you know of a good website service? I am trying to start a webpage for my little girl dress business, and I am somwhat LOST. My DH said his company uses godaddy.com, and I am thinking of using them to purchase my domain and server and such.......but website building is new to me. Does anyone have any suggestions? I will eventually need to take orders online, but for now, I woudn't really have to. Thanks guys.........bbl :)
XOXO

Dan2112
08-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Good morning from Idaho!!!

I just have a minute here to check in and let you know things are going well.. The food SUCKS.. Nothing but salty and fatty goodness.. So I'm loading up on salads and fruit and as much lean protein stuff I can find.

The fire I'm assigned to is actually a "complex" consisting of three separate fires burning a total of 166,000 acres or so. Luckily, there's not a lot of populaton in danger where we are.. Just a couple of communities where people refuse to leave.. Oh well...

Anyway, I'll try to check in later.. I'll be working late, getting some stuff done for my office back home, so I'll try to drop you all a line..

Talk to you all soon!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Stay safe Dan!!

Amy-The Rod Run is amazing, except for the horrible traffic.

Deb-Enjoy your vacation, hope you have a great time!

LizzyW
08-16-2007, 11:22 AM
GM all,

Well so far so good with Dan gone. Last night went really well getting the kids to bed and such. We do miss him terribly. He let me know when he got to each destination which put my mind at ease.

Hope everyone is having a pop day. Joni, you are in my prayers. Congrats to all the loser, and I am not one of them today. Talk to all later

TTFN
Liz

Mama Nicole
08-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Wow....it is a quiet morning here :)

Joni.........how are you holding up?

Karen......I forgot to tell you before.......your quilt is GORGEOUS!!!! I love it. I love making baby stuff :)

Hi to everyone........have to do some research on starting my webpage......will check back later :)
XOXO

LizzyW
08-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Hey Nicole,

We build web pages here at my office. I could ask someone around here what is the best place to buy a web site. I think it would be awesome for you to have your website. Is it just going to be one with pictures of what you do and a number to call? Let me know.

Liz

emmysmom
08-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Nicole - My DH has his own business and we bought a program called Web Easy Professional...it's made my V-Com. It's super easy to use and they have their own web hosting. The program has web page templates and pictures, plus you can add your own pictures, graphics, etc. You can also make as many pages as you want. Then all you do is click on update website and it's done. I think the program is like $50...well worth it. I've been using it for about 2 years now and have no complaints. I think their web hosting costs 9.99/month. If you do get this and would need any help, I'm here for ya!

Mama Nicole
08-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Liz and Tina.........thanks.......I just knew you guys would come through for me :) I am trying to check out that program right now Tina. It looks really cool.

Hey Nicole,

We build web pages here at my office. I could ask someone around here what is the best place to buy a web site. I think it would be awesome for you to have your website. Is it just going to be one with pictures of what you do and a number to call? Let me know.

Liz
Liz...........I want to have an online catalog of my products (dresses and bonnets and such..........and possibly a secure thingy for credit card orders. I am considering using ebay to an extent.....but I really want my own site. I have checked the availability of the domain name I want, and it is available, but there are sooooooo many services out there, and I am not sure exactly what I need. I probably should have one email with it........I think, for customer service??? Anyway, I hope this is enough info.....thanks for your time :)
XOXO

chiquita623
08-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Good Afternoon All. I haven't been on here much (only lurking) this week - I had my 8 year old grandson and he kept me kind of busy. I'm back at work today and I can finally catch up and breathe!! Not much new here. Went to the Melting Pot in St. Louis over the weekend. It was wonderful and not OP at all. I did the best I could though. That's about the best I can say for that experience. Going to Chicago this weekend for the twins 2nd birthday party. Hopefully I'll be able to stay OP for that one. But not holding my breath. Again, just going to do the best I can on that one too!!

Congrats to all that are taking trips!! Hope you all have a fantabulous time!!
Contrats to all the losers too. Wish I were in that club but not this week for me.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in real quick. Will try to get back on here again soon. Here's to everyone staying POP!!

Prazteam
08-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Second day of TO is over (thank goodness!) and I'm down another 2 pounds... Not changing the ticker until after the next 3 days of followup and then we'll see. DH was aggravated this morning, he was up .5 from yesterday with his 2nd TO day... ooh pooh pooh morning until after he worked out and took his shower and then was down 1.2#. (good grief!) Then there was a much better attitude!
Of course, I had to get up and do a huge salad for both of us for today along with cutting up fresh pineapple. DH got a head of leaf lettuce instead of the bag stuff and you know who had to clean and chop it. :( But I have to admit, it really does make a difference in the salad! Add fresh cukes and tomatoes from the garden and it looks awesome!
Nicole - I'm so excited for you! This is going to be an awesome thing for your family!
Debster - Have a great vacation! I know you deserve it!

Where's Cassi? I didn't "see" her yesterday...
Gotta go, time to get ready for work... :hug:
Blessings,

Chklithunder
08-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Hi Everyone. :wave:

Joni - :hug: for you and :hug: for Charlie.

Amy, Kim and Jillian - you all look great.

Tina - the web software sounds cool, I am in the market for some myself and the 9.99 site hosting is a steal. Too bad you can't get a referral bonus (or can you?).

Pearl - Congrats on a very successful TO.

Day two since TO, POP and loving it, feeling good about myself and LOVING the way my body is regulating itself. I see a nice loss in my future.

Last night my DF and I went to dinner before Lion King. I saved up on all my starches and fruits, because I didn't know what I would order. I had salad greens and chicken for lunch, and for dinner I got grilled salmon and a small baked potato, eating only half. I was SO proud of myself. So proud. I had 2 glasses of Merlot, and called it a day.

Then at the show (which was wonderful BTW - we had front row aisle seats and I've never had a front row seat to anything in my entire life), while my friend had whiskey sours I was sipping water.

I have a class tonight after work, then when I get home I plan to take the DKs school supply shopping. I don't know what we will do about dinner - I may let them have takeout and make something for myself when we get back home - idunno.

Enough rambling...Here's to us, Chicks!
:cheers: <--That's water of course!
Carm

JLem311
08-16-2007, 01:54 PM
hey everyone. just checking in for the day. it's nice to have 2 days off in a row! but back to work tomorrow and all weekend.
i've done some laundry and gotten a workout in today. :) yay.

not much else going on. hope everyone is enjoying their day.

chiquita623
08-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Joni - so sorry to hear about Charlie. Keeping him and you in my prayers.

To everyone that have posted new pics - Great Job!! Way to Go!!

Karen - The quilt is just precious. I'm not very talented at stuff like that so anyone that knows how to do sewing, crocheting, knitting, etc. just boggles my mind!!

Nicole - Congrats on deciding to get yourself into business. I'm sure you'll soon have so many orders you won't be able to keep up!!

aguerin
08-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Nicole: are you going to add that cute wrap dress that was on here this week to your products? That would be really cute, especially if someone else were to make it.

Mama Nicole
08-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Oh, you guys are so awesome :) I keep doubting myself.....but then I come here, and I feel like I can really pull this off !!!! Thanks so much :) I will probably add the wrap dress. I used to make matching dresses for my girls all the time...........I wonder what I did with all of them? Ok, back to web researching. Thanks everyone :)

Angie
08-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Liza -- How are the new phones?

Alannah -- I bet you can't wait for tomorrow to get here so you can see those houses. You'll have to post MLS numbers of your favourites so we can cyber house hunt with you.

Deb -- What are your vacation plans? Are you going away?

Nicole -- Good luck with your new business. Hey, can you make a boots the monkey costume? I'm in the market for one of those.

Oh, about the new plan. I've had 2 POP days on it now, and I'm down 1lb, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

emmysmom
08-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Carmen - no kickbacks for referrals, unfortunately.

Nicole - the web hosting that is offered with the webeasy pro is called ieasysite. If you go to their website, you can get prices. Now, to have a shopping cart, the monthly price would be 19.95. You would also get an e-mail (actually, more like 500 or something ridiculous)...so say your website is prettyinpink.com...you can make your e-mail orders@prettyinpink.com or nicoleisthebestdressmakerever@prettyinpink.com;)

emmysmom
08-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Boots the Monkey!! OMG, my DD would flip! She wears her snow boots and says she's Boots:) Yes, even in the summertime...gotta love toddlers!

mamato2girls
08-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Good afternoon! Just popping in real quick to say, "Hey!!!" Hope everyone is doing super. Haven't had a lot of time to post lately, but I do scan the posts occassionally to see what everyone is up to and how they are doing.

dolphn545
08-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Just popping in to say Hi to everybody! :wave:

equinetcan
08-16-2007, 08:46 PM
It is quiet here today. In my time zone the last post was 658pm and it is now 941pm. Usually you guys write up a storm on the days I can't get here till after 9!!

No more work for 4 days - yay!!

Angie - yes I am getting excited to see the minihomes. This will actually be my third home purchase over the years, but my first by myself. I go look at 930am tomorrow.

Tonight after work it was visit with the furkid for 1.5 hours as it is thursday - normal visit day. She is awesome as usual. She was really cuddly tonight which is good. Doggie hugs are the best sometimes!!

Saturday I have a friend coming over for supper so between now and then I have to figure out what to make. Then monday my aunt is visiting from NS and that night I have a Mary Kay makeover thingy with the aunt of my ex. We are still really close and email a few times a week. I figured it would be fun and I get free stuff too.

Guess that's about it for today. Have a good night everyone....

amylou7777
08-16-2007, 10:07 PM
Hello everyone! Wow, this has been a long week. I think the only good thing to come out of it was that I managed to stay POP! This weekend will be busy with family stuff so I'm hoping to continue even though the scale doesn't seem to move. My COD gave me a long talk about the stress of school causing cortisol levels to rise etc etc...so we'll see if it evens out.

Joni- I join in everyone's hugs, sentiments and well wishes. My furkid is So important to me and I know you must be dying inside. Hang in there and we will all be hoping for the best for you and Charlie.

I am actually in class right now. It's a little slow so I finally had an oppty to sign on! I miss coming on here regularly but know that I am thinking of all of you!

hope everyone has fun plans for the weekend!

Mama Nicole
08-16-2007, 11:55 PM
awwww, Amy........we miss you too :)

lizababe
08-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Good evening all!

I don't think I've checked in today. It's been busy.

Joni - my thoughts and hugs are still with you.

Angie - having too much fun with the phones. Mini-Me and I keep taking pictures and sending them to each other.

Amy - I don't think you'd be missing SD this week. I can't sleep because my sheets stick to me at night. Yucky.

I reported on several weather issues today... I hope all of you who are in the hurricane/tropical depression areas are safe and secure.

Another POP day! My boss brought in ice cream bars for everyone this afternoon because we were chiding her over something that happened earlier in the week. When I got in everyone was munching down and they told me mine was in the fridge and I'd better hurry. I told them to fight over it... I know these things should be tempting but for some reason they're not. Although it's a good thing the big bags of salty potato chips aren't around. That could be a whole other story.

I'm retaining water like crazy in this heat so I'm not paying attention to the sclae. I got out for my run 4 nights in a row. Tonight I'm just too wiped out and am going to bed as soon as I hit "post"

Hope everyone is doing great. We need an update from the fire zone..... Oh and on that note.. I'm so pathetic. On my way home I noticed smoke coming from a hotel. A lot of it. I debated on turning around and going back to work to gather information. Instead, I drove around the scene, got all of the details and phoned it in. I'm such a junkie. I need my vacation!!!!

Night night everyone! Sweet dreams.

amylou7777
08-17-2007, 01:07 AM
Thanks Nicole! Hopefully I'll be on more once I get used to this new schedule. Good luck with the website. I know costco offers a good deal to members, but I don't have any personal experiece with it!

Liza, I always hated this time of year in SD! It was always SO hot and sticky during the first week of school and moving into new dorms/apts etc. But I love those Sept/Oct Indian Summer nights!
It's so funny, i was just patting myself on the back for resisting all of the ice cream cones at an "ice cream social" I was at after school yesterday. I wasn't even phased by everyone digging into multiple scoops of ice cream....but I get home from class tonight and find a bag of BBQ Ruffles my bf snuck into the house and there I was taking a handful and chomping away! Afterwards, I stood there thinking, what am I doing!?
So I sit here now with my big glass of lemon water....

Good night everyone!

Prazteam
08-17-2007, 03:52 AM
Whew, what a night! We had HORRIBLE storms that had the power at the Bowling center off and on and so the lanes were off and on for the league bowlers in the middle of ROLL OFFS! (OH MY!) It was awful and quite stressful but we made it! Then just when we were supposed to be going home, it started up again but even worse and we all just sat there waiting for it to "pass". Well at 2:20, we finally decided to try and make it home (for me that's almost an hour!)... come to find out, for most of the trip, there were no traffic lights or home lights or street lights! The power was out all over and there were trees and branches down. YUK!
Of course I took my lunch but left my dinner at home to eat when I got back not knowing it would be 3 a.m. So my yds and I were starving when we got here. I wanted to eat whatever didn't take a bite out of me first! But, I'm proud to say that instead of eating everything is site or eating off plan, I reached for the rice cakes and p-nut butter and had my dairy of milk. I'm satisfied (for now) and it should be light enough for me to sleep on in an hour or two. I'm still hungry, but I can make it until breakfast!
Still waiting for dh to get home and from what he said on the phone, the storm was just getting out his way and he has almost 2 hours to drive home from work tonight. So he could be kinda late.
Oh well, I've got some things to do before I retire for the night/morning...
Blessings,

Mama Nicole
08-17-2007, 08:15 AM
Pearl..........I don't know how you do it. The hours you keep amaze me :) Hey, have you ever made white grape jelly? I made 12 pints of jelly yesterday, and 8 of them were from white grapes. It seems like it worked out fine......and tastes delish.....so we'll see. Too bad I can't eat any of it :(

Good morning everyone! I just wanted to warn all of you that the sclae is EVIL today.......so either don't get on it, or don't believe it. I have been superb, and it shows me up a pound. So.......you have all bee warned........stay away :)

I hope everyone has a great day today!!!
XOXO

Catway8
08-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Good morning everyone,

It is Friday. I am just starting my work week but it will go fast. I went to WI this morning and was down .2 I started eating the 2 la lites perday and this is what happened. I was eating one cause I am not a big sweet person and I have ALOT of food to consume in one day so I was just doing the one LA lite. But was told that I had to eat two or they would change me to plan 4 which is more food and I cant have more food. I have trouble eating what I need to now. Anyways I am going back to one bar a day and see what happens Monday at WI. I know I shouldn't feel bad cause I have lost 8 pounds since starting this Last Thursday but seeing it .2 was discouraging. Thanks for letting me vent I feel better now. Have a good day!

Boo'sMom
08-17-2007, 09:49 AM
Nicole--unfortunately I read your post after my evil sclae check!!! I was up a pound, too and have absolutely no reason. I realized after weighing today that when I was down (2!) on Tuesday I hadn't been to KB class in a week, now I've been back twice and I am up. Drives me crazy but it's such a great workout. When school starts I will only be able to go 2-3 nights a week so maybe I'll see improvements then. ????

Alannah--I love househunting--have fun and good luck on finding just what you want. Enjoy your long weekend!

Pearl--ditto on Nicole's message--your hours wear me out! Glad you made it home safe and sound.

Amy--have a great year at school. I am jealous--I could easily be one of those "career students" if DH would let me. He likes me getting a check instead of writing them to the University--lol. I am still debating my principalship in the future...

Liza--Your vacation sounds great--we will all be living vicariously through you that week. Good job passing on the ice cream. I will be having catered meals today and all week next week during inservice--it's not likely to be good choices.

Cathy--Welcome--I have been terrible addressing people lately--but here it is! You have done great so far. You will get the food thing figured out soon I am sure--it gets easier everyday.

Looks like I bragged about all the perks of my new job for too long--got a call last night from my principal offering a "real" class. Sophomore Lit, which is my favorite--ugh. I hate making decisions. I am supposed to get more details today before I have to choose. There are pros and cons to both. Even though the lit. class will be more work it's what I think I prefer. Plan to listen to the whole speil then decide later today. For once my procrastination paid off--I haven't even started decorating my room--my least favorite part of teaching!

All for now--have a new employee luncheon today then I am working the high school volleyball tournament the rest of the day and all day Saturday--should be fun--VB is my favorite!

Dan2112
08-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Hey gang..

Another quick check in from the fire.. Yesterday was exciting.. We were up in a tiny community that at one point was surrounded by fire.. We had to make sure the residents there were informed as to what was going on from the standpoint of the fire crews. We also encouraged them to "get the **** out" when the fire got closer. At the end of the day, everyone was fine and no structures were lost..

The food SUCKS... I ended up having to eat some vegitarian sandwich yesterday full of beans and something else, because the "meat" lunch was a pre-packaged chicken chimichanga and I sure as **** didn't want that laying in my stomach all day... I'm not the only one having problems.. Rumor has it that not too many people are happy with them...

Anyway, I'll talk to you y'all later!!

Repo girl
08-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Morning everyone! Let's have a fantastic day!

Nicole- GL with your new venture. You are going to be very successful!

Repo girl
08-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Dan- Sounds like fun!

emmysmom
08-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Nicole - I'll take 2 jars of the white grape jelly, please:) My BIL makes apple jelly and my DD loves it! When I ask her what she wants on her toast, she says "Uncle Mike jelly, please"...she would love the white grape jelly! Sounds delish.

Repo girl
08-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Hey Mary, are you out there? How are you liking the new plan?

emmysmom
08-17-2007, 11:19 AM
I just noticed that my number of posts is at 999, so I'm posting to say Hi! :wave: so that my posts will now be at 1,000!!! which is nothing on you, Katie - 3,562 posts...you're quite the jabberer:)

Chklithunder
08-17-2007, 11:32 AM
:wave: Hi Everyone.

3 Days POP and counting. So far, so good, YAY me! I am not doing this through the center this time, because although they still owe me a ton of money they are still not willing to give me my weeks at $3 each which is what the 800# instructed them to do for trying to swindle me. SO, maybe I'll just request a full refund, which I am entitled to.

I went to Walmart and stocked up on Luna's while doing back to school shopping with the DSs. Then what do I do? Turn around and forget my lunch on the kitchen table before I left for work. I should be okay though... I am leaving work at 2 PM today because my oldest DS has a scrimmage today - Go BEARCATS - grrrr.... So, I will stop home and grab a bar to take with me to the game. In the meantime, I will sip on some green tea here if I get lunchy.

Cathy - Welcome. After such a huge initial loss, you are bound to slow down a bit. You are doing wonderful. Don't get discouraged.

Nicole - That jelly sounds soo good. Could you try a batch of sugar free jelly? You would probably be able to eat that.

Dan - Hey. I think you and your wife were just getting started when I became a LAWL deserter. Its good to see y'all still around. Wishing you nothing but safety (and better vittles) until you return home.

Lea Ann - Best of luck. I think you're leaning toward the sophomore lit. I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever you choose!

Sherry, Katie, Pearl and everyone I missed, here is to us! :cheers:
Carmen

Prazteam
08-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Good afternoon everyone!

Nicole - I got your warning too late also and I was up a pound too! http://www.soulcysters.net/images/smilies/hissyfit.gif

Nicole and LeaAnn - My schedule wears me out too! http://www.soulcysters.net/images/smilies/lmao.gif

Carmen - I'm so proud of you (and me!). We're back on track! Way to go girlfriend!

Joni - I'm sending up prayers for wisdom, strength, and peace! http://www.soulcysters.net/images/smilies/i_praying.gif

Well, gotta go do lunch for dh and send him off to work. I'm off today but of course I've got errands to run and shopping to do. http://www.soulcysters.net/images/smilies/drive.gif

Hugs,
Blessings,

P.S. - Where's Cassi?!? :hug:

equinetcan
08-17-2007, 01:01 PM
Well, I have put an offer in on a minihome and now we are just waiting for the countering to start. The owner is apparently in the military and it may take the whole weekend to finalize things (if we can come to an agreement) as it will depend on where he is (in canada or abroad).

But if anyone wants to check it out it is mls #05719109 at mls.ca. Remember it is just a minihome, not a house but its all I need!!!

I really must go get some lunch now...be back later.

Repo girl
08-17-2007, 02:10 PM
I just noticed that my number of posts is at 999, so I'm posting to say Hi! :wave: so that my posts will now be at 1,000!!! which is nothing on you, Katie - 3,562 posts...you're quite the jabberer:)

Why thanks very much! I am shooting to hit 10,000 mark, then I get an award for queen jabberbox!

Mama Nicole
08-17-2007, 02:18 PM
:rofl: Katie :)

Alannah.....the house is adorable!!! I hope it all works out for you. It has great room sizes :)

Lea Ann..............what exciting news. I can't wait to hear what they have to say!

Ok, have to run...................
XOXO

Repo girl
08-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Alannah- Great house, I love the kitchen. Will you be able to have dogs there?

JLem311
08-17-2007, 03:08 PM
hi. work was super crazy ridiculous busy. but that's a friday for ya. and i thought i had a short 6hr shift tomorrow, but it's not turned into a 10hr shift. ugh. so not looking forward to that. 5am-3pm. ick. so much for lounging my saturday away. :(

anyways, gonna go and get my workout done. be back later.

equinetcan
08-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Yes I can have chancey with me. I'll have her half time. I'll pick her up after work on thursdays and he can come and get her on sunday night. He also has a minihome but his is 20+ years old and he is in a different community than I will be but they are close. Only about 5 minutes apart. But like night and day as far as the houses are concerned.

They have countered and I countered back. They came back a little lower than I thought so I will actually likely get it for less than I thought I would. Their first counter is where I thought we would end up. So that's good. I hopefully will hear something soon. Then pending inspection we can move forward. I have to have everything done and in place by noon on Aug 28. So that's the deadline.

Angie
08-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Liza and Amy – I’m a Chippie too. Most other things are not too hard to resist, but crunchy salty things are like crack for me.

Pearl – Way to go on making good choices! I’m not sure I could have done the same in your position, so I’m really impressed!

Lea Ann – I’m probably far behind, but good luck in making the right choice for the school year.

Alannah – That place looks very nice! It’s bright, and looks like plenty of room for you and Chauncy. The negotiations seem to be leaning in your favour.

lizababe
08-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Nicole - I think my sclae sensed it's life was in danger... it cooperated with me for the first time in weeks. I'll show mercy to it.. for now.

Amy - I think today is a little better. My clothes didn't stick to me as I dressed after a shower. That was just yucky yesterday.

Angie - I'm a chippie? I like it! (obviously) Oh, I got the bluetooth headset to go with the new phone a few minutes ago. I'm driving Mini Me crazy testing out the voice command to call her.

Tina - love that the odometer on your posts flipped 1000. Are you supposed to get an oil change now? Maybe a keyboard tune up?

Pearl - I hope you get SOME lazy time today!

Dan - Good luck with the food and fires. No fun to be left with so little choices.

Alannah - congrats so far on the house! I have my fingers crossed it will go smoothly for you!

Jill - I hope you get at least some R&R time this weekend.

TGIF! I still work at PBS tomorrow but no chopper duty so I have 1.5 days off this weekend! I think we're going to Seaworld tomorrow night for a bit. I'll save my starches for a frozen lemonade. We live right across the bay from Seaworld and have yearly passes that get debited from my checking account every month. It's been almost a year since we've gone. Hopefully in this next year I'll have myself sorted better financially so I'm not working 7 days a week and not doing all of these fun things except the once a year I take a vacation!

Have a POP afternoon!

hdsqrl
08-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Hey all, just swinging through to say hi...

We went to Bike Week in Sturgis last week and I didn't do TOO badly...was up like 6 pounds, but most of that was water/sodium. Am back down to just under where I was before we left, so hooray for that. :)

Work and life has been super-busy, so each day I have to recommit to eating well. I can do this...might just take 3x as long as it was supposed to, heh. ;)

Hope you all are well!

CandlePrincess
08-17-2007, 06:09 PM
well...i went to WI today...should have stayed home. I'm up again....more pounds. They COD people say the same thing over and over...eat eat eat. I just can't believe that eating MORE is better than eating less on the regular red plan. I'm so frustrated. I was planning to go to the state fair tomorrow but I guess i'd better stay away from that.....because there's no way I can go through there and not have the best homemade ice cream in the world. So it's a homebound day for me! The DH and the kids can go! catch ya'll later!

dolphn545
08-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Went to WI today. Down 2#. I am pretty proud of myself, considering that was an afternoon (after work) WI. I try to make one morning WI a week for an accurate weight.
Hope it stays off for the weekend! We are going to Buffalo. The COD asked me what my biggest challenge this weekend would be. I told her whenever I go to Buffalo, I have pizza & wings. She told me I could have pizza. I said no, I have pizza AND wings. Her goal for me is to maintain the weekend without gaining. I can have one slice of pizza, 6 chicken wings. She told me that if I HAVE to have the wings with pizza, then to count it as a protein (pizza carb craver) and protein & starch (for the wings). I will try to behave. Now that I KNOW I can have it without the lecture, I don't think I really want it anymore! LOL

Alannah - Enjoy your long weekend. BTW - your minihome is adorable. I hope you get it!! :crossed:

Amy - glad you were able to pop in. Congrats :dancer: on resisting the ice cream!

Cathy - Congrats on your loss! Ounce by ounce it will come off. :dancer: :dance:

Lea Ann - I am with you on being a lifelong student! I told DH I want to go back for my RN (which was my original goal), and he's only thinking about the current money, how we would have to live off one paycheck :blah: :blah: :blah: I'm trying to get him to realize that it will be worth it in the long run! I will work on it a bit. The classes for the community college don't start til 2008, so I have a couple months before I HAVE to submit my application!

Dan - are you able to get your food elsewhere or do you have to rely on whatever they provide for you?

Liz - How are you holding up with Dan gone?

Megan - for Bike week in Sturgis -- was that by chance in Sturges Pennsylvania??

Katie, Tina, Carmen, Nicole, Jillian, Angie, Heather CP, Pearl & Everybody else I may have missed ---- :wave:

equinetcan
08-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Pending inspection the minihome is mine. Just waiting now for the sellers to fax paperwork back so I can sign. They came down to my secon counter-offer.

So hopefully there will be no problems.

I'll check in later!!!!!

Angie
08-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Liza -- Have a great time at Seaworld tomorrow. Do they have lots of rides? I think you get to have an extra starch when you're walking around a theme park sweating all day. It's my own made up rule, but it seems fair.

Hi Megan!

Heather -- I bet a day at home alone will be more fun than the fair.

Sherry -- Are you on the new plan yet? If so, with all the starches and proteins, you'll be fine to have your pizza and wings. I know you'll convince your DH about how smart your plan is long term. How exciting to go back to school!

Hey, does anyone know if pizza is still a carb craver (or whatever they're called now) on the new plan?

Alannah -- Congratulations! When is your closing date? :carrot::hug:

bayoubelle68
08-17-2007, 11:09 PM
Hey, guys. I've been MIA for a couple of weeks due to moving and then school starting. We are overstacked in all the 2nd grade classes. One of my co-workers has 28, three of us have 27, and the poor girl out in the teeny portable building has 16! Our school is overflowing - the price you pay for great results. Our school performance scores every year are fantastic, so people move (or say they move) into our zone just to get their kids in our school. Unfortunately for many of them, we are not a magic bullet. Most of our success comes from students who spend several years at our school and have a good foundation with us. We're a Basic School, so our whole school is geared around the virtues of compassion, respect, responsibility, self-discipline, honesty, giving, and perseverance. It really does make a difference.

We're gotten off to a great start so far. I have a few kids who are really low - I'm not sure how they passed first grade - and I'm really going to have to work with them. I have one little girl whose teacher told me that last year, she kept flipping off the teacher and telling her to go to h$ll. This was a first grader!!! The second day of school, she walked up to my desk before we started and said, "I need to use your cell phone right now." I asked why and she said, "Because my mom's off work today and it's not fair. She needs to come and pick me up right now!" I said calmly, "You are a child and you need to learn your place. Your place right now is here and you need to go sit down and do your work - NOW!" I have had a few other problems with her, but I'm going to win!! The problem is that her mom would have come and gotten her if I had let her call! She is spoiled rotten and totally rules their household.

Anyway, I go to WI tomorrow, so I'll let you know how it goes. I've missed you guys!

Catway8
08-17-2007, 11:10 PM
Thank you everyone and yes your all right. I am down 8 pounds more than I was last week. I guess I was just disappointed that it wasnt even a pound but I am ok now. Sipping my last bottle of water for the day and getting ready for bed. Have a good night and a great sleep. Thanks again!!!!

Prazteam
08-18-2007, 12:39 AM
Alannah - I was thinking how far you've come in the past months. You are a remarkable woman and I'm so proud of you. I haven't been to see YOUR home yet, but I will as soon as I'm done here.

Katie - Sorry, but I'm the mouth of the world! :lol3:

Nicole - You are SEW adorable! (I just crack myself up!) :)

Liza - It's 12:35 a.m. and I'm here... I guess that's my down time. Oh well.

Princess Heather - This is just a test! Do NOT change the channel! Hang in there honey... it'll come together for you!

Felicia - Can I borrow your cell phone because Liza has bluetooth and it's just not fair! (I'm stomping my foot and pounding my fist on the desk as you read this!) :rofl:

Blessings everyone! I've got to get some stuff done before bed so I can get up early (YUK!) and be at work by 10 a.m.
:hug:

equinetcan
08-18-2007, 08:12 AM
Pearl - thanks for the perk me up. You always know how to make people feel really good!!

Angie - the closing date isn't until Oct 18 due to my lease for my apartment. Otherwise I would have made it for the first of September as it is vacant now. Even with that date I will have 2 months of rent and mortgage to deal with but December's rent will actually come back to me in January as I get my deposit back from the rentalsman. But, I didn't want to wait till spring and miss out on this one, and there was no guarantee my landlord would agree to let me go month to month on my apartment at the first of the year either.

Today is filled as well. I gotta get cleaned up and then go to COD, stop at the grocery store for a few things and at some point go sign the papers for the house. Then I have a friend coming over this afternoon for a visit and staying for supper. So it will be a nice day.

I'll check in later...must get this day started....

Boo'sMom
08-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Well--I took the Sophomore English job yesterday--now it's up to the District to okay the change but my principal doesn't see any problems. Geez--now I REALLY have to get my act together!! The volleyball tournament was fun yesterday and will be there again all day today--bonus though--I thought I was volunteering and come to find out we get paid--woohoo.

Sherry--of course I am not in charge of your finances, but....even if you had to take student loans (and their interest rate is soooo low) the payback would be well worth it. By the time the loan payments start coming due (isn't it 6 months after completion?) you'd be making plenty to cover them and then some. Just my opinion--I am huge on education if that's what a person desires. Good Luck!!

Alannah--congrats and best wishes for everything to fall into place--will check it out next.

Felicia--aren't you just amazed at what parents will let their kids become?? At that age we can't blame the kids but the parents aren't usually around to ring their neck! Good for you--you will win her over in no time and save all her teachers in the years ahead an even bigger headache.

All for now--thanks to all for the well wishes--I am really not wild about making big decisions (then I have to live with them!). Hope you all have a great day. Time to get moving around here.

Joni135
08-18-2007, 02:41 PM
First, to everyone...thanks for keeping Charlie dog in your thoughts and prayers...thanks to lots of cyber friends, family, books, etc., I have made it through this week and am holding up. Megan - I like what you said...that each day you have to recommit....and let me assure you there is nothing wrong with that. I'm sort of convinced that if I take life one day at a time I'd be a lot better!

LeaAnn - wow....congrats on the other new job! It truly is cool how well things have worked out for you in the job department. Now that you've got that all squared away, I guess reaching goal is your next focus...right?

Alannah - how exciting to have already found a place...close to the river...Chancey will love that! Which bedroom does he get??? LOL

Hey Carmen...welcome back.

Cathy, if I haven't officially said "welcome.." this is it! You are off to a great start. Just remember that the losses will slow down and the important thing to remember is that this plan teaches you how to eat for the rest of yourlife...not just how to lose the weight.

Pearl - as always, I appreciate your inspirational thoughts and words of support! You are a true blessing. Next time I complain about having to drive 15 minutes to get here or there, I'll remember the lengthy commutes you and DH have to encounter...every day. Driving is not my favorite thing to do.

Tina - so now that you've hit 1000 posts, are you not talking anymore??? I think when you hit the 1000 post mark you can go out and have totally non-POP weekend. (Just kidding....this is my silling attempt to knock out the tough competition in the Chicks to the Finish Challange and that would be YOU!!!).

Amy - sort of funny that DF "snuck" in a bag of my absolute fav chips...I don't think I could have resisted. Yep, I guess I'm a chippie too right there with Liza...I can see us now on the road to Mexico...Buster in my lap...a variety of chips in the back seat...nothing could be finer!

Liza - you sound like a kid with a new toy with your new phones. I hate getting a new cell phone...having to learn how all the buttons work, etc., just doesn't come easy for me. Why can't I be like most folks and look forward to the technology change...? Geez...I remember when owning a beeper was considered cool!!

Hi Sherry - I'm with LeaAnn...if money were no object, I'd be a professional student. But, you should definitely pursue your RN. The nurse shortage is huge and your return on this investment will also be huge. If I could handle blood and bodily fluids, I would do it in a heartbeat!

Hi Wendy....looks like you are maintaining and doing quite well.

Hi Angie - I love your avatar...I need to go see what Boots the Monkey is all about. I tell ya, you need a kid to stay current on everything these days.

Stephanie and Chrissy (snowdogs)....thanks so much for PMing me with additional information relative to Charlie. We will continue with his chemo (which for those who don't know, it's not as hard on animals as it it on humans), but I'm going to talk with a holistic vet on Tuesday (she's actually a conventional vet as well as holistic and is associated with my regular vet's office). Sadly, canine cancer is growing more and more prevalent these days...and boxer dogs have the worst case of it...it's a combination of the environment we live in, the food they eat, the breeding and genetics. Makes me mad to think of some of this but it has also helped me realize that so much of what we feed our dogs is considered bad for them, JUST LIKE so many things I consume are bad for me.

Lynn - not sure who you posted the clothing site for, but it sure was interesting to look through and read. There are some amazingly talented people out there. I'm just happy to post on this site and call it a day. I cannot image being able to do a daily blog that is entertaining, creative and well written.

Nicole - can't wait to see what all your web searching and hosting turns up. Can't wait to hear what your domain name is....

Finally - Kristen, Cassi - where you be??

lizababe
08-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Joni - I think that should be Buster in the backseat (He does weigh 70lbs) and the fine variety of chips in your lap on our roadtrip to Rosarito!

Still lovin the phone! On my way home from PBS I got stuck in traffic (again, ironic) so with the new handsfree bluetooth set I called a friend that I have been neglecting for far too long. I usually don't talk while I'm driving because I want both hands on the wheel. No excuses now... it took new phones for me to start calling people again. Go figure.

Boo'sMom
08-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Joni--I hear ya--YES, it's time to get focused--better not wait til I get "squared away"--that could take me forever!! I think I will feel a lot better Monday when I get to really start talking to others in my department.

Dan2112
08-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Hi gang! Checking in briefly from Idaho..

The fires are large, but we're not losing any structures or lives!!

I'm doing as best as I can with staying POP... We had Prime Rib tonight and it was very good.. Best meal since we've been here.. I'm unavoidably going over a bit on starches, but I'm doing my best to keep it real...

I unfortunately don't have time to do personals or read all the pages, but my thoughts are hopeful that you're all doing well and that everyday is POP!!

Kim0303
08-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Just jumping in to say hi. Getting ready to go do paperwork that was suppose to be turned in on Friday. Ooops! Unfortunately for them not to many people after my position. Ha! Ha! That sounded ugly didn't it. Oh well, I love my job and do the best I can and the paperwork wasn't the top priority for Friday. They will have it in the morning. Close enough. Right?

Now I got to figure out how to add exercise to my daily agenda! Have a relly nice treadmill in my den that my husband uses daily. I could probably count on my hand how many times i have been on it. Sad!

Dan stay safe up there! You are making my mouth water talking about steak. I haven't had red meat in 3 weeks!!!

Have a great rest of the day everyone.

Kim0303
08-19-2007, 12:38 PM
HELP!!!

I have tried four times to download a picture of me for my avitar. Every time it has failed. Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong. I am going through the browse and when I see the picture I want, I hit ok. Tries to download and then I get the failed message. Thanks for any suggestions

Prazteam
08-19-2007, 06:54 PM
Kim, it could be the size of your picture... see if you can "zoom" it or something to make it smaller?!? That's just a thought after a LONG day!
Hugs,

Mama Nicole
08-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Hi everyone. I am getting ready to go out to dinner with DH for his birthday. Wish me luck :)
XOXO

Joni135
08-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Nicole - hope your dinner was yummy....give Scott a big all birthday hug from all your virtual friends!!

Liza - why did I think Buster was a little thing? Probably because my sister has a maltese named Buster and a good friend has a yorkie named Buster...I can handle 70 lbs on my lap; Charlie sits on me all the time and he weighs 80 lbs.

I had a so so weekend. I need to dig out my food diary and start tracking. I know I'm not getting in all my fruits and veggies...Bad me! I'm still following the Gold plan since I have no idea how the number plans are working. Maybe I'll break down and go see if my center will give me a good deal for 10 weeks. All I really want to do with them is get the numbered plan and go for a weekly weigh in (vs 3 times a week). Guess I won't know how much they want until I go in. I'll add this to my long "to do" list for the week.

Night all!

lizababe
08-19-2007, 08:32 PM
LOL Joni - I thought Charlie was little too! I just looked at profile pic and saw that is not the case. The duck in the pic... did you ever see the movie "Click"? The same toy duck is in that movie and the dogs do very naughty things to it...

I'm not doing so great with fruits and veggies this weekend either. I don't have much of an appetite because it's so hot and muggy. I just made a slimfast with berries blended in so at least I'm getting some fruit in. After we get back from the store I'll have some raw veggies.

CandlePrincess
08-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Well, i'm gearing up for Monday morning! It seems going back to school this year is harder than before. I love my job and working with the kids...but I really want to take another foster child or two....and I know I can't do that and work full time. But I can't stay home full time and pay the bills.....I know I'm not alone in that boat! LOL

As for LAWL....well my weekend has pretty much been POOP! But once again I'll be back at it. I finally told myself that even if I'm only 80% on plan (which I am really doing better than that) that I am eating better and A LOT less calories than before. Now at WI in the other day COD really got on me for counting calories as well as servings. I kept saying that eating a piece of fruit was better than drinking the juice...less calories and less sodium. COD said "our tried and proven formula for weight does not count calories it only counts servings" so maybe i just need to relax and get with it better!

I'm off for now....talk to ya'll later!

dolphn545
08-19-2007, 09:19 PM

Just got back in from Buffalo. Won't know til either tomorrow or Tuesday what damage I did, if any. As of right now, the scale looks the same as it did on Friday. Hopefully it will at least stay for me. I didn't have chicken wings, but I had a few too many starches (beers, lazy pierogis), and no veggies or fruits. It would have been ok today, except for the cake I was eating at the after the party-party. Back to being completely POP tomorrow!! :moo:

Angie, I'm on gold w/lites. My COD doesn't have any numbered books. They claim they are not getting them and are going with the glycemic index foods.

:wave: to everybody! I'm beat. Will be going to bed soon!!

amylou7777
08-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Hi Friends! It has been a BUSY weekend to say the least. My whole family was up here moving my brother into college. A lot of fun to be with my fam, but a lot of shopping, etc etc.
The good news is that I got to W/I finally and have dropped a few pounds from last week! I was so thrilled to be over the 30lb hurdle.
I hope everyone has had a great weekend!

Felicia-it was so good to see your post! We have missed you! I cannot believe that a 7 year old is speaking to you that way! You handled it perfectly. Good for you! She will definitely be a challenge but I can tell you know exactly what to do in those situations! Good luck with this one.

Joni-glad to see you too! I hope Charlie is feeling ok, and that you are doing better. Yes, luckily my family devoured the last of the chips while they were here so I could avoid the temptation!

Alannah-congrats on the house! It looks perfect!

Nicole-hope the bday dinner was fantastic!

Sorry I'm forgetting so many more personals. I am so tired from the weekend....off to prep for another loooooong school week. No fun.

Night!

Angie
08-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Felicia – Oh my goodness! That was a first grader? She sounds like a woman I work with…lol.

Cathy – Way to go, you’re doing fantastic!

Pearl –

Lea Ann – The new job sounds like fun. What will be on your reading list this year?

Joni – Boots the monkey is Dora the Explorer’s companion. He’s a little grey monkey that wears red boots.

Liza – I like to use my commute time to do some catching up on phone calls too. One less thing to feel guilty about, and it helps to pass the time in traffic.

We had a garage sale this weekend and I sold off most of my baby 'equipment', highchairs, playplen, swings etc... we will use the money to buy a cool new bunkbed set for our little guy.

Where is Shannon these days? Yooohoooo!