Support Groups - Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks! Aug. 11-18-07!!

Jasmine31
08-11-2007, 10:09 AM
What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

Jasmine31
08-11-2007, 10:12 AM
blondeblueeyedbeauty:

Well it sounds like you are off to a good start! There are lean cuisines in the frozen section if you need those to get started. :D

I'll be back later, i need to go walk.

Jasmine31
08-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Oh and cals were at about 1634 yesterday and was my no walk day. :D

Jasmine31
08-11-2007, 12:09 PM
I can't remember who asked about kefir but here is the links:

Here is a link to their page and another one about kefir. The first link also has a blog with some comments on it.

http://www.lifeway.net/

http://www.kefir.net/index.htm

Here is a link to the article on the worlds healthiest foods page about yogurt/dairy.

Yogurt (http://www.whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=124)

Yogurt, Specifically, Significantly Increases Fat Loss

In just 3 months, 16 obese men and women on a reduced calorie diet that included three daily portions of yogurt lost 61% more fat and 81% more abdominal fat than 18 obese subjects assigned to a diet with the same number of calories but little or no dairy products and low amounts of calcium.

Not only did those in the yogurt group lose more fat, especially around their waistlines, but they also retained more lean, muscle tissue than subjects on the yoghurt-free diet.

How yogurt promotes fat loss while preserving muscle is still a matter of debate. It may be due to the fact that calcium reduces fat cells' ability to store fat, so cells burn more, and less is produced in the liver. Or, it may be due to the branched chain amino acids present in dairy products. Regardless, this study, published in the International Journal of Obesity, indicates that adding one or two servings of yogurt to your daily diet can help you maximize loss of fat and minimize loss of muscle-the optimal outcome for any diet.

Ladiibbug
08-11-2007, 02:07 PM
BlondeBlueEyedBeauty:

:wel3fc: Glad you joined us! Are you following a certain diet or plan?

Jasmine31:

RE: Yogurt info

Wow. Those stats on weight loss in yogurt eaters vs. non-yogurt eaters are amazing!! Even tho the stats are for 3 servings a day of yogurt, it's easy to see how GREAT it is for weight loss & as a super healthy food. I will eat more yogurt.

Yesterday was OK calorie-wise. PMS cravings are not as bad.

I :running: today, different route, longer I think. Must check mileage in the car. Walked more briskly with no pauses for dogs to sniff.

I need to walk more briskly and longer - now just 4 x a week for 20-30 minutes at a regular pace. Part of me can't imagine walking more often and at a faster rate ... but 6 weeks ago I couldn't imagine walking at my frequency and pace now.

:running: Walking Results: My butt is noticeably higher and more shapely. Maybe even a little bit smaller;)

stopeating
08-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Hey everyone. Having a pretty good day. Worked an art fair all day and my feet are killing. Did not eat one piece of junk food there though. :D I've got almost 11,000 steps and about 1100 calories for the day along with 14 glasses of water. I'm getting in all the steps going to the bathroom.
;)
Just yelled at my son. He is off to college in a week 1/2. He ordered a computer online today from Dell for $1700 with my credit card. That I understood. Okay the dumb part? It arrives 3 weeks after school starts!!!!!!UHHHHHHH!!! He got some stuff added on it and it will take longer. This is a kid who procrastinates on everything. All he needs is another excuse. Oh and he didn't even bother to get a printer with it! So I try calling Dell to cancel the order and can't get through. I am so frustrated with him. I don't know how he will survive away from home. Why does he wait til the last minute?????

Jasmine31
08-12-2007, 09:24 AM
stopeating:

Is he taking it with him to college? I would be paranoid it would be stolen!

Ladiibbug:

Glad you liked the info. look around that site. It has alot of great info why certain fruits and veggies are so great for you and study's etc. I LOVE that site! Glad you are seeing results! My butt is definately alot smaller cause of all the walking and firmer and so are my legs. I would increase your walking time before your intensity.

I will chat later, need to get out for my walk.

stopeating
08-12-2007, 09:43 AM
It's a requirement that he have a lap top for college. Guess I'll have to wait til Monday to fix that mess and take him somewhere in town to make the purchase.

Okay went for a 3 mile walk this morning already and 4 glasses of water with 2 pieces of 40 calorie toast with some spray butter. Going to take a shower and run out to buy some rocks for our garden.

How's everyone doing this weekend?

lodyangel
08-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Stopeating: That is ridiculous that it is gonna take 3 weeks. I ordered my computer from dell online, had the add ons put in I wanted and it still took under a week to get. I'm thinking it took like 3 days.

I have no phone. I do not really know why, but it is out and has been since Friday, so since we live in BFE where you only have dial-up, I have been MIA. I am using Sis4's computer and it is sslllooowww!

So I did 30 minutes swimming yesterday. This morning I did my C25K workout. Day 1 of week 4. Had to run for 3:00 and 5:00 intervals. The last interval was a b*tch! But I did it! ANd no shin pain! Shin-**** is over...I hope! I may do some more working out later. I need to get a few more minutes in to account for my slacking on exercise this week.

Weigh in yesterday was 214. Today was 215. Both down from last week's average of 216. :) Calories on Friday were about 1400, not sure yesterday but eating wasn't the best. I had cheeseburger and fries for lunch and had planned on a super light Dinner, but was at Sis2's and they had made homemade lasagna. Sorry but I couldn't refuse. I didn't over eat though, but still was probably over my calories. Will do better today!

Well I am off to do laundry! Love to all!

stopeating
08-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Lodyangel - Sorry about the phone. I hate being disconnected. :( I was checking out the c25k program. I'm decently active, walking every day about 3 miles. I added a little running, about 1 block, walk 2 blocks. I'm up to about 8 blocks but not all together. Anyway that c25k looks hard to me. I'm struggling with what I'm doing and I'm not sure if I should try it? Is it a struggle?

My dh begged to go to Brann's today. Uh that is really really hard. But we went and I got a bowl of chili with no cheese and a plain baked potato. I poured the chili into the potato. I also did not eat any of their oh my gosh going to die delicious rolls. Not too bad. I have over 11,000 steps on my pedometer and still hours to go!

ReddyToGo
08-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Hi everyone! Didn't have a great weekend - there was a barbecue and an arbys run, but I managed to keep cals around 2000, which according to fitday still isn't too bad. So, I'm going to take all your advice, and not beat myself up for it! I'll get back on calorie track this week. Aiming for about 1200 calories tomorrow. I think I should do just fine... :)

Good luck with your weeks, ladies!

Jasmine31
08-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Reddy:

Yep just pick up where you left off!

Okay so I got to get all the kids to school today and its freshman orientation today. uuughghhhh.

NO TIME for a walk this a.m.! I am sad about that. :(

I will try to do it tonite!

SD Gal
08-13-2007, 12:28 PM
Well good morning girls!

I had a really really oh so really bad eating weekend. As a matter of fact, I probably ate my entire months points just Saturday and Sunday. LOL

I'm not too worried however. I am still feeling pretty good about myself.

I haven't used the gym since Thursday but I'm ok, gym night is tonight and I plan on at minimum an hour. My husband has really (I hate to admit) drug me down in time, since he can't last as long as I can there. I just want to keep going and he's really bad about being impatient once he's finished working out. :( I can easily do an hour, it makes me feel good. I still want to do my half hour each on the elliptical and treadmill, I want to start using the crunch machine tonight, too.

Have a super day.. :hug:
Love,
Mimi

lodyangel
08-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Stopeating: I wouldn't say the C25K is a struggle...more like a challenge. It can be hard, but if you are running some already I bet you could do it. You also have the option of repeating weeks if something is a little tough. It is a go-at-your-own-pace program. I actually repeated week 2 but haven't had to repeat any since then. Running is 90% your head, 10% your body. If you believe you can do it...you can. If I were you I would give it a try. It is worth the effort. My body is literally being reshaped, and I have said all along that nothing will get you in shape quicker then running. I should also mention that I have arthritis and fibromyalgia. If I can do it anyone can.
Congrats on all those steps! :bravo:

Mimi: Men are so impatient aren't they!?! I would try to ditch :devil: him some so I could do my workout without him sighing near me! :lol:

Still no phone. I hope when I get home that it is fixed. :crossed:

I was suppose to get up early this morning and go workout...but you guessed it. I didn't make it out of bed in time. :o I am not too upset though. Today was just a walk day-no running, which is probably why I found it easier to blow off. Tomorrow morning I guarantee I will be up and out the door by 6:00. Tomorrow is a run day :running: and I am craving the challenge. So tonight I will go home and work out. Probably some Denise Austin core workouts and Yoga :yoga: and maybe some walking or cycling :bike2: late.

Weight this AM was 214. So far I am averaging another 2 pound loss this week. :)

Here's my progress on my August exercise goal.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wowht7L/exercise.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wowht7L/)
So far I am about half way through the goal. Jasmine is kicking my butt on exercise so far! :D

I overate a tad at lunch, but will make up for it at Dinner. I wil make salisbury Steak (which I hate) for the kids and I will eat a salad. :) I was starving today, which I think led to my inability to stop feeding myself. I don't think I got enough calories yesterday. All I ate was a SB chicken salad kit (290 cal), a WW toffee ice cream, and dinner was a plate of whole wheat spaghetti. I also am concentrating on drinking enough water. I got a teensy bit light headed on Sunday when I ran. Nothing reallty to worry about, just enough that I noticed. I didn't even sit down or anything and it passed rather quickly. Of course it was 80 degrees and humid, but I still think it probably had to do with my not drinking enough. So today I am packing a liter of Evian and have just about finished it. :) Then I will start on another. I want to be properly hydrated for my run tomorrow!

Well off to finish up here at work. Hope all is well with everyone! :hug:

SD Gal
08-13-2007, 04:34 PM
I had a Slim Fast shake and a packet of tuna for lunch. It was just filling enough and gives me enough protein to get through until my next shake. :D

Tonight...... grilled chicken and veggies.. I just don't know in which way to cook them yet.

Hugs....

Jasmine31
08-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Sd gal that actually sounds good!

Well I am down a few pounds, but my scale is smashed so i am guestimating 208 now. Ran my stats over a 7 day period from the 4th til the 10th and what I ate plus exercise burnt cals etc equaled 2.69 pounds should of been gone. So i clocked it at 2 and am ready to roll again. Oh cal average was 1550 for that 7 day period! Yeah me!!!!

The kids were gone on the weekend and we went out to dinner and a movie. I did pig a bit on the food, mexican, my fav. Anyhow had to guestimate but I rounded up and it was no more than 2390 cals. And with maintenance with wlaking at 3051 I could afford a day like that.

Yesterday was 1535. Today.....had an annoying morning /afternoon. That high school campus is HUGE and no one knows where the oofice is! We must of walked a mile and dragging 4 kids with me, not fun, only to be told her old school didnt send 350 kids' paperwork so I had to go to central enrollment and etc, etc......

By that time I had to drive back to MY town to take the two middle ones to school then drive BACK.ugghhhh I hope that is done and when I asked if she can go to orientation tomorrow, they don't know if her paperwork will be ther or not and this is after I woke up at the crack of dawn to drive joey to work, and I know I am whining and I am sure glad I have a car. lol Or it would really be bad. Ill stop.

Need to go get him soon.

Went to taco bell for lunch as a treat.

1 cup kefir and coffee fpor breakfast, a nacho bell grande for lunch, normally do not eat that much for lunch andy more and was thinking of getting the small one next time. *shrug* VERY delicious though!

I have 600 cals to spare for dinner time and am trying to watch the fat % cause that is already high so chicken and veggies does sound good. hmmnn...

Ladiibbug
08-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Hi Ladies ~

What is the elliptical?

blondeblueeyedbeauty
08-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Ehh, not really following any "plan", just trying to eat better foods. Lots of Lean Cuisines!!!!

stopeating
08-13-2007, 09:26 PM
ladiibbug - An elliptical is like riding a bike standing up. It's a great work out machine!

Jasmine - The school thing is always soooo frustrating to me. They keep you guessing! Are you going to get a different scale or leave it alone?

sdgal - Your food plan sounds really good to me!

lodyangel- I'm going to give the ck25 a try starting this weekend. It definitely will be a challenge!

Reddytogo- Good job, just remember one bad moment, forget it and move on.

Yesterday I Had about a 1600 calorie day and 18,000 steps in!!
Today I've had 1000 calories and 9500 steps along with 10 glasses of water.

I was able to cancel my sons computer order after holding for 45 minutes today! He found one at Circuit City that we will get on Wednesday.

Eight more days til he is off to college. :(

stopeating
08-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Welcome blondeyeblueeyed!:)

Jasmine31
08-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Sounds good blondeyed beauty.

Morning ladies!!

stopeating

Jasmine - The school thing is always soooo frustrating to me. They keep you guessing! Are you going to get a different scale or leave it alone?

Yeah I am still frustrated w/ the school thing thank God she is coming from a "feeder school". Basically her stupid school did not send out the small packet to 350 kids so everyone from that school is not registered at the high school. When I went to central enrollment they gave me the packet, took her picture and I turned it in but they could not tell me if they would have her stuff ready for orientation today and to call the school. Well i did, 10 times! 5 different numbers and no one ever answers, just machines and I left 4 messages! No one called back.

I am going to call this a.m. and see if the central place I can get thru and find out. I took dh to work again and am back and I figure if nothing else, I can take her to get her notebooks, folder, pencil stuff she wanted.

I am getting so PISSED about my walks though! I normally hit the pavement at 6:30 or 7:00 for 90 minutes and it is in the 100's out here any later! My dh had promised to take me for a walk last nite but he was tired and he works, ya know?

Last nite after being out in the heat all day and waking up even earlier, we had dinner by 6:00 and I was out by 7:00!!! Woke up at 9:30 and back in bed by 11:18.

I HAVE to figure out my walk today!

The scale i think I will get another one maybe when I get to 190 or so. I am goping to take measurements and my dd has a monthly apt with doc fo her blood pressure. I weighed last time I was there, I remember it was a few pounds different than mine at home. I do not think it is more reliable though. When I was pg before(miscarried) my docs scale there always showed me 18 pounds LESS than the scale at home!!! When my aunts came up(2 ladies who watch their weights like a hawk) they both got on the scale and got the same reading as they do at home.

So I knew my scale was accurate. Anyways, dd's docs scale is showing me at more than my home scale was so I will look back on the date and what that weight said and what my fitday said I was that day and subtract. And see what the difference is.

Bottom line is I will have a point of reference. :D

Okay so cals yesterday were 1715. I am going to TRY for 1400 today.

Glad to hear the computer thing is getting straightened out. :D How far away is his schoiol? I bet youll miss him!

Jasmine31
08-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Hi Ladies ~

What is the elliptical?

I have never used one. But some kind of exercise equipment. Maybe for walking?

Jasmine31
08-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Well my body is looking so much better lately! My face is looking leaner, I can feel my collar bones and my shoulders are more defined, my belly is getting flatter. I am feeling so much better. I think I should try to stick to 1400 for a few days see if I can jumpstart some more off. Last week my cal average was 1550 for 7 days and this week my average is higher for 3 days and I need to drag that back down.

Aug 11 2390
Aug 12 1535
Aug 13 1715
=5640/3 = 1880 average a day

If I do 1400 for the next 4 days I will wind up with an average of 1605 all 7 days. I MUST DO THIS!

SD Gal
08-14-2007, 11:41 AM
I have never used one. But some kind of exercise equipment. Maybe for walking?

An elliptical is a combination treadmill and stair stepper/glider. It works your whole body. I FREAKIN' LOOOVE IT!

lodyangel
08-14-2007, 11:59 AM
I did W4D2 of C25K this morning. It was great! It was sooooo much easier this time around. My last 5 min run felt so good, I didnít stop when time was up I just kept running until I got back to my car. I didnít want to stop then either, but had to since I had to go to work. :( My last run ended up being 7 mins! I felt like I could have run forever. Itís a good feeling!

The only problem this morning was the temperature. It was 58 degrees and my hands were hurting from the chill by the time I got done. Itís suppose to be 90 today. I never dreamed I may have to invest in gloves so early! lol!

Well I will be back later to read everyoneís posts. Iím at work and donít have time right now! Everybody have a great day!

(((HUGS)))

Ladiibbug
08-14-2007, 12:22 PM
RE: Elliptical

:fr: EEEkkk. My thigh muscles are screaming just thinking about it! ;)

I walked a long walk on Saturday & yesterday my "laundromat route" - walking my dogs while my doing my wash. Must check mileage & record.

I'm kinda stumped alot of the times with eating. I'm hungry, but don't know what to cook. I used to buy sooo many frozen pizzas, Hot Pockets, Marie Calendar frozen dinners ... and I ate so many doughnuts & sweets. Sandwichs on 100% whole wheat bread & lean meat are getting a bit boring.

I'm out of the habit of doing much cooking other than pasta. I like to cook, with simple recipes -- fewer than five ingredients. Will browse online and library cookbook section.

Hope everyone is having a good day ~

Jasmine31
08-14-2007, 01:09 PM
Hey melody , sdgal and ladibug!

Well I know what ya mean ladibug. I get tired of stuff to and have to shale things up a bit. Since you like the convenience of frozen foods at times have you tried lean cuisine? I haven't but some people like them.

Pasta, my dh loves pasta and I am having it once a week and just really watching my portions. Like last nite I counted out 1.5 servings of mostaccioli, 1 cup of hunts chunky vegetable sauce(.50 cup is 50 cals), I had 1 french bread hoagie looking thing and 1 tbs butter with parmesan, garlic and onion powder. NO MEAT.

You know you have to make this plan something you can stick to! Usually a few days I do chicken, veggies, brown rice, alot of times I make spanish rice out of it. Some days Ill throw a few corn tortillas and have chicken tacos(not fried) When we do have bean and cheese burritos I portion it out and use an ounce of cheese. Mozz has even less fat than cheddar.

When we make burgers at home I get the 4% fat ground beef. Sometimes we make it at lunch and I get one of those potato buns, or onion buns, so yummy, anyhow two pattys and some cheese, mustard and Ill throw on a side salad and you know what? I usually wind up splitting it in half and saving half for dinner.

I found some whole wheat francisco rolls, kind of like hoagies at the store, last time they were out so we got the white ones...anyhow make your own meatball subs! We were thinking of doing that. I have a recipe for making 5 pounds of meatballs and freezing them. We use ground turkey(just make sure you get the lower fat variety)

Something I LOVE and will usually eat 2-3 times a week is home made chili beans! It is kind of warm right now though. They are very filling and very healthy.

This has to be livable and if I thought I could not eat tacos or sphgetti or pizza or burgers again I would go insane. There are some foods for me that are trigger foods though so I do need to watch those. Like potatoes for instance. So I limit myself to once a week. I usually try to keep red meat to 1-2 a week.

WHat I also try to do is have 1-2 pieces of fruit for breakfast, a yogurt or kefir, a sandwich around lunch time, maybe some nuts and basically eat a little bit bigger dinner around 4:00. It is working for me. Some people need it more evenly distributed. Just do what works for you!

Jasmine31
08-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Well I did get maybe 30 minutes in yesterday between her HUGE campus and the park to see dh at lunch time. So ill clock that.

Took her down at 8:00 and talked to someone who knew something finally. She said to go ahead and let her stay for orientation and that the phone system within the whole district is down and they are putting a new one in. *sigh*

I will pick her up at 12:00 and hopefully they will have her in the system now and we can get a schedule for her. We'll see. I dropped her off, dropped off sandwiches for Joey, dropped the other kids back off in this town at 8:30, got home by 8:35 and she don't need to get picked up til 12:00 so I said, GREAT I and Katy can go for a walk. Even though it was already 84 degrees

Grab the zune start pushing the stroller and guess what? 2 songs and it is dead!!!!! Ugghhhhhhh. How am I going to walk 90 minutes pushing a stroller and in that heat and NO MUSIC!!!! Yeah I was irritated. So walked a different way around the complex, which was 25 minutes, came back, plugged the zune in, walked around once more. SO I got 50 minutes in so far today. I hope later I can grab the zune and go for another 30, we'll see.

I need to jum on the shower soon and get ready to get kass at 12:00, stop and say hi to joey at the park and then go get her some folder/pencil stuff.

I had 1 cup of kefir and am on my 2nd cup of coffee.

Jasmine31
08-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Oh and it is 92 already at 10:15 and they said plan on 104!!!

lodyangel
08-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Laddibug: Most lean cuisine dinners are good. Also the south beach diet ones are decent also. Watch the fat on those cause it tends to be higher since SB likes all the good fats. I usually eat several SB dinners a week. I am watching total calories and total food consumed versus fat grams. I find you can lose weight just by cutting back on calories. So I don't watch my fat grams.

Jasmine is right about doing what works for you. I don't eat breakfast (Breakfast triggers binges later in the day for me), and I eat a very light lunch usually under 500 calories and for dinner I eat whatever I want. But I am sensible about it. I don't eat a Big Mac every night. But I don't sweat it if I eat something a little more fattening. And I am having success with it. I am losing weight and I can stick to this. I tried low carb, WW, counting fat grams, diet pills, everything... and this is the first thing that I feel like that I can stick with long term. Also pay attention to trigger foods. I found one in the 100 calorie pack hostess cupcakes. Those little bites of heaven would cause major binges in me. It took awhile before I figured out was triggering it. SO now I stay away from those little bites of ****, and have been binge free for well over a month now. I suggest keeping a food diary. A pain in the butt, but until you get it all together it can help you keep track of what you are eating- or not eating.

Jasmine: If you limit red meat you should try the (veggieburger) Portabella burgers. I can not think of who makes them. I get them at Wal-Mart. They are really good, and you if you dress them up with all the fixins you can almost believe they are the real thing!

104!! It's suppose to be 92 here today! And to think at sunrise this AM it was 58!

I forgot to mention earlier that I swam for an hour last night doing 40 laps (not as inpressive as it sounds, as the pool is only 28 feet wide), and doing arm exercises and running some in the water. So that with todays' 30 mins (thus far) here is my updated ticker...

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wowht7L/exercise.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wowht7L/)

the slim me
08-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Hi, i've been missing in action this week. I had to go South for my grandma's (yes, my grandma, age 97) funeral. It was a very stressful time, but she had been sick for some time. But she was well loved and will be missed. I did well considering all the food that people brought in, heavy on the desserts! And I managed to walk almost every day too. It's a great stress reliver and actually gives you energy. I even talked my sister into walking with me. It was fun walking outside in the mountains. Different from walking the tract like I usually do. Walking up-hill and down definateally used some muscles that i wasn't used to using! Got lots of fresh vegetables right out of the garden. Eggs that had just been laid that morning. I could really get used to that. Anyway, it's good to be home too.

Ladiibbug
08-14-2007, 04:09 PM
The Slim Me:

Sympathies on the passing of your Grandmother :hug: Nice to see you back.

LodyAngel:

No breakfast for you? I've noticed since eating breakfast (with yogurt for protein) a huge difference in how much I eat the rest of the day. Usually I'd drink my usual pot of coffee then nothing till noon or one - then I'd be starving and would overeat. For me, eating more protein has made me less hungry all day and evening.

Will look for the veggieburger Portabella mushroom (mmmm).

Food Diary: I agree ... I'm doing www.fitday.com, logging everything I eat to track calories - especially fat cal's & fat %. VERY helpful, I love it.

Jasmine:

A belated note ... sounds like your scale had it comin'! :devil:

Lean Cuisine: Those don't even come CLOSE to filling me up. Well, maybe now that I'm eating 1/2 the calories, it would be different. They are good.

Turkey, Meatballs, Chili: Mmmm!! I gave up red meat years ago and eat lots of chicken (breast) and turkey (white meat).

The ground turkey breast is too expensive for me ($4.99 even when on sale), so I buy the "7% lean". I was bummed to read in Fitness for Dummies the other day that "7% lean" on the label is not correct -- it is actually 39% fat:?: I've been meaning to scrutinize the label but keep forgetting. Even with the "7% lean", I drain it, and after cooking absorb the excess fat TWICE in a double thick layer of paper towels. Knowing what drains off I don't see how the 7% lean could be 39% fat.

I bought a Spinach, Mushroom & Garlic pizza. But I'll have just one serving (1/6 of a large pizza) as part of a meal. I bought black beans - I like beans rinsed, with a clove of garlic, microwaved, with fresh tomato if I have it, or taco sauce. And FF refried beans. Saw a couple yummy recipes for chicken chili in the Fat Smash Diet thread this a.m. that I'll def. try.

I noticed today how many labels are saying "No Trans Fat".

And I bought a box of Curves cereal. No fat/110 cal. for 3/4 cup/very low sugar/whole grain. It's good! And will be nice low cal snacking.

I'll try making turkey meatballs. Have never done that - sounds good :-) And I LOVE turkey chili. I make large batches and freeze it.

SD Gal
08-14-2007, 06:20 PM
RE: Elliptical

:fr: EEEkkk. My thigh muscles are screaming just thinking about it! ;)

I walked a long walk on Saturday & yesterday my "laundromat route" - walking my dogs while my doing my wash. Must check mileage & record.

I'm kinda stumped alot of the times with eating. I'm hungry, but don't know what to cook. I used to buy sooo many frozen pizzas, Hot Pockets, Marie Calendar frozen dinners ... and I ate so many doughnuts & sweets. Sandwichs on 100% whole wheat bread & lean meat are getting a bit boring.

I'm out of the habit of doing much cooking other than pasta. I like to cook, with simple recipes -- fewer than five ingredients. Will browse online and library cookbook section.

Hope everyone is having a good day ~

Ladi look at the WW recipes on this site, they really are fantastic. :) My favorite lunches (at work) come from Lean Cuisine.. YUMMMY!!

Ellipticals are WONDERFUL. I was afraid of them myself at first, but I love them.

Big hugs~ :hug:

SD Gal
08-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Hi, i've been missing in action this week. I had to go South for my grandma's (yes, my grandma, age 97) funeral. It was a very stressful time, but she had been sick for some time. But she was well loved and will be missed. I did well considering all the food that people brought in, heavy on the desserts! And I managed to walk almost every day too. It's a great stress reliver and actually gives you energy. I even talked my sister into walking with me. It was fun walking outside in the mountains. Different from walking the tract like I usually do. Walking up-hill and down definateally used some muscles that i wasn't used to using! Got lots of fresh vegetables right out of the garden. Eggs that had just been laid that morning. I could really get used to that. Anyway, it's good to be home too.

I'm so sorry about your Grandma :( :hug:

ReddyToGo
08-14-2007, 08:30 PM
The Slim Me: I'm so sorry about your Grandmother. I'm glad you found a way to relieve some stress.

I just got back from the first voluntary run/walk ever! I've only been dragged by friends before. I did this one for me (with my puppy, of course :) ) It felt really good. I couldn't run very much, but I did a little bit, and but the end, I didn't feel sick, like I have all those other times. I had no idea you could feel that good! I've always hated running, and now I think it may be a possibility! :carrot:

Oh, and I have to agree... ellipticals are absolutely fantastic. I've never done a cardio workout that was easier on joints. You'll get addicted... :D

the slim me
08-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Hi Everyone, I'm always get on line and read about how everyone is doing. Maybe learn something, maybe offer some encouragement or advice. With a little help from our friends, everything is easier.

I read the post about the ground chicken, and yes, you really have to read the labels. Most ground chicken is mixed with dark meat and white meat. Some have almost as much fat as hamburger. And even with hamburger, I know most of us know the old trick of draining the meat and rinsing it with hot water before using it in dishes, right? It may not get rid of a lot of fat, but every little bit helps.

I still walk for exercise. I know short bursts of intense activity is advised (running) but it just hurts my ankels. I try to intensify the speed through the work out. And I lift weights every other day.

I still have problems with eating at night. BAD habits die hard. Last night was no exception. I went grocery shopping yesterday and I picked up that bag of baked cheetoes. I knew I shouldn't, but i put it in the buggy any way. WHY? Now, frugel thing that I am, I am having a hard time throwing out a whole (almost) bag of cheetoes. Why do we do things like that to ourselves?

Take care all, have a good day

Jasmine31
08-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Melody:

Jasmine: If you limit red meat you should try the (veggieburger) Portabella burgers. I can not think of who makes them. I get them at Wal-Mart. They are really good, and you if you dress them up with all the fixins you can almost believe they are the real thing!

Maybe I will have to try that some time. :D

Yeah I am watching the meat. Bean and cheese burritos, spaghetti no meat, makes it simple.

We still have meat 5 nites a week so its not like I am not getting any. Eventually I am going to tweak my eating even more cause I eventually want to wind up doing alot of veggies and fruit and less other stuff but right now I am at a point where I think the bottom line is the calories. Ya know? Like I was doing a ton of fruit and I love that and I do feel that is much better for us, that and veggies, but then I still want that bigger dinner and my cals were still too high. :(

So maybe once I start maintaining I can add more fruit back in but for now I just need to do whatever I need to do to keep my cals 1400-1600 average. If that means 2 big cups of coffee a day and 1 cup of kefir for breakfast, than so be it.

Great job on the exercise hun!!!

So I added up my stats, last nite was 1371 for cal, I will keep the cals 1400 or less now thru friday and I will wind up at an average of 1600 cals for the 7 day period(that was including that big dinner out!) By then I will have walked 440 minutes for the 7 days and basically I should of burnt 2.37 pounds.

the slim me:

I am sorry about your grandma! *BIG HUGZ*

Got lots of fresh vegetables right out of the garden. Eggs that had just been laid that morning. I could really get used to that. Anyway, it's good to be home too.

Send some over here! lol

Ladiibbug:

Jasmine:

A belated note ... sounds like your scale had it comin'!

It did! Muahahahahahhahah!!

Lean Cuisine: Those don't even come CLOSE to filling me up. Well, maybe now that I'm eating 1/2 the calories, it would be different. They are good.

Yeah I have never tried them. Like I have said before a bread that is really filling to me is the ezekiel sprouted grain one. It has no preservatives though so it needs to be frozen then toasted. VERY filling! Ezekiel Bread (http://www.foodforlife.com/)

A Big thing is turning off the hunger button. I have had whole wheat bagels before and LOVED them with a smidge of cream cheese but it turned ON my hunger button! I seen it had hfcs in it and figured that was why so i don't get them no more. Some diet soda does that toi me too, like diet 7 up and diet orange. The diet rootbeer doesnt though *shrugs*

Alot of it is trial and error and getting in tune with your body. The more whole foods I stick to, the less I crave bad foods. Like if I start chippin and dippin, it is hard to stop, ya know? But if you dont start it is easier to stay away from it.

Turkey, Meatballs, Chili: Mmmm!! I gave up red meat years ago and eat lots of chicken (breast) and turkey (white meat).

Make sure you are getting enough b 12 hun!

The ground turkey breast is too expensive for me ($4.99 even when on sale), so I buy the "7% lean". I was bummed to read in Fitness for Dummies the other day that "7% lean" on the label is not correct -- it is actually 39% fat I've been meaning to scrutinize the label but keep forgetting. Even with the "7% lean", I drain it, and after cooking absorb the excess fat TWICE in a double thick layer of paper towels. Knowing what drains off I don't see how the 7% lean could be 39% fat.

How the heck can it be 39% fat??????? I am sorry to hear it is 4.99 a lb. I was getting 5 lb chubs at smart n final for .99 cents a lb!!! BUT I don't know if you have read that I got down to 203 around end of jan then climbed back up to 220 by april! Then cracked the whip! So after scrutinizing certain things and knowing that I had added in alot of gr. turkey breast during that time,(I qwas also eating ALOT dont get me wrong) You know just certain things added up and I looked and realized there was a TON of fat in there! I had done much better when I was doing alot of chicken breast so I haven't bought any for a while and am fine with that. At staters I seen the less fat one for 1.49 a lb. ANYWAYS........

I am back on ch. breast mainly and a little red meat here and there. Its working for me.

I bought a Spinach, Mushroom & Garlic pizza. But I'll have just one serving (1/6 of a large pizza) as part of a meal. I bought black beans - I like beans rinsed, with a clove of garlic, microwaved, with fresh tomato if I have it, or taco sauce. And FF refried beans. Saw a couple yummy recipes for chicken chili in the Fat Smash Diet thread this a.m. that I'll def. try.

Sounds good!

Those "labels" piss me off, that is PER SERVING. So if it has .50 graM OF TRANS FAT THEY CAN SAY NO TRANS FAT! Look on the ingredients list for partially hydrogenated ANYTHING. That is why I try really hard to stay away from processed foods.

And I bought a box of Curves cereal. No fat/110 cal. for 3/4 cup/very low sugar/whole grain. It's good! And will be nice low cal snacking.

Cool, one I used to do was total.

I'll try making turkey meatballs. Have never done that - sounds good :-) And I LOVE turkey chili. I make large batches and freeze it.

I'll give you my recipe some time.

SD Gal:

Hey hun! How is it going today?

ReddyToGo:

I just got back from the first voluntary run/walk ever! I've only been dragged by friends before. I did this one for me (with my puppy, of course ) It felt really good. I couldn't run very much, but I did a little bit, and but the end, I didn't feel sick, like I have all those other times. I had no idea you could feel that good! I've always hated running, and now I think it may be a possibility!

That is great! Start out with less time and work on making it a habit!

the slim me:

If you are in pain, don't do it. Just walk. Baked cheetos? Last time I checked those they had trans fat in them so I didn't want them.

Try some air popped popcorn at nite! What about a super healthy cereal like total and having that as a small snack? What about a low cal yogurt?

Jasmine31
08-15-2007, 12:41 PM
Okay so I am doing good. 1371 cals yesterday and i am on track with eating and exercise to lose 2 pounds this week. If I stick to 1400 now thru firday I will be at a 1600 cal average for the 7 days. yeah me! Saturday will be a bit of a splurge since it is my sons birthday.

I will still count it and round it in to next weeks total though like I did last saturday. Dh called and wants carne asada tacos. SO good thing he told me now so i can plan cals accordingly, mmmm that and spanish rice sound really good!

Ill chat more later, off to check my fitday!

Jasmine31
08-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Oh and hey those black jeans that were still tight last week? They are getting even more comfy. They are still a bit tight in the crotch though so I will need to still wait to wear them out. BUT they are comfier than last week! Yeah me!!!

SD Gal
08-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Hi Jas~

Things are ok today. I didn't get to go to the gym for the *third* day in a row, which is pretty frustrating.. :mad: My hubby isn't so motivated this past few days... I on the other hand, could go every day.

I'm trying desperately to figure out a career choice for myself. I'm frustrated and need to place myself in a positive direction.

I'm having a low ebb kind of day. :(

iriswhispers
08-15-2007, 02:24 PM
i'd like to join you ladies as a hot& healthy challenge chick!

my goals are to stop binge eating, work out 5 days a week (i want to get back into running, which i used to do), and practice yoga at least twice a week.

i want to lose about 20 lbs, but i think if i attain the above goals, that will slowly happen.... i think the above are more important, anyway, because if i'm doing that i'll be much healthier even if i'm not 20 lbs. lighter.

best of luck to all of you!

-Iris

Jasmine31
08-15-2007, 02:25 PM
That is hard when you need his extra support. Hmmm..is there any one else who can be a gym buddy when he don't want to go?

Career....what do you LOVE doing? It will get better! I need to get up and get some chores done! I am feeling lazy!

Jasmine31
08-15-2007, 02:26 PM
i'd like to join you ladies as a hot& healthy challenge chick!

my goals are to stop binge eating, work out 5 days a week (i want to get back into running, which i used to do), and practice yoga at least twice a week.

i want to lose about 20 lbs, but i think if i attain the above goals, that will slowly happen.... i think the above are more important, anyway, because if i'm doing that i'll be much healthier even if i'm not 20 lbs. lighter.

best of luck to all of you!

-Iris

So glad to have you join us!!! Alot of us here are cal counters. How far did you used to run?

iriswhispers
08-15-2007, 03:23 PM
yeah, i do need to count my calories. when i binge it's usually so much that i just lose track. i'm working on planning out my eating better in hopes of keeping on top of my binges.

i used to run 5K's (3.1 miles), but i just registered for a 12K at the end of October. i figured it would force me to get out and run because otherwise i'd be unable to finish and be VERY embarrassed. and really i just want to finish it, i know that my time won't be competitive.

Jasmine31
08-15-2007, 03:27 PM
We have a couple runners here. Melody for one does a 25k.

dollypie
08-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Hey Girls,

I know it has been a long time, but I wanted to stop by and say hi to all! Seems like you are all doing well with the eating and exercising. I am still working out in the mornings, but no more running for me I just get too out of breath. Eating has been pretty good, I am trying to get my fruits and veggies and stay away from the junkfood.

Ladiibbug
08-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Quote:

Those "labels" piss me off, that is PER SERVING. So if it has .50 graM OF TRANS FAT THEY CAN SAY NO TRANS FAT! Look on the ingredients list for partially hydrogenated ANYTHING. That is why I try really hard to stay away from processed foods

Grrrr, I hate mfgr's labeling games like that! :scowl:

Ladiibbug
08-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Hi Iris!

:welcome:

Good luck on your journey. What do you binge on?

Congrats on the running - that takes a lot of hard work and determination. If you did it once, you can do it again:carrot:

Glad you joined us. And I LOVE your avatar, LOL!!!!

SD Gal
08-15-2007, 06:31 PM
That is hard when you need his extra support. Hmmm..is there any one else who can be a gym buddy when he don't want to go?

Career....what do you LOVE doing? It will get better! I need to get up and get some chores done! I am feeling lazy!

I love being at home.. but.. I can't make money at it. LOL ;)

Here in SoCa, I absolutely have to work. Cops don't make THAT much!! Well, mine doesn't anyway..

Canuk4
08-16-2007, 12:32 AM
Hello ladies, I read most of the post's since my last one on Aug. 6, welcome to the newbie's, some great info floating around for everyone.

Jasmine, thanks for figuring out my cals for me to lose, I really do appreciate it. You are doing great. Keep up the great work.

SD Gal so glad you are back, I really missed you. PM you, hope you got them. Nice to have our old friends back.

To someone who asked, my son turned 29 on Aug. 8th. We had dinner out in celebration last evening, unfortunately his girlfriend came, my future son-in-law was in agreement, she was down right moody, none of the food was good enough etc. anyhow it was buffet, what more can I say! I did bring him up well, I do have to stop now and look after me and get ready for my daughter's wedding. Last thing on this matter, she upset me enough, my nerves were so bad I spent the next four hours on the toilet. I have now left it in God's capable hands and know he will know what is best.

I have been not doing to bad with food, cut back a lot, today was 1/2 cup Fibre one cereal with 1% milk, then a 4 oz steak with one well done piece of bacon and salad with two tablespoon's of dressing. Water is not up to par yet. Tried a new diet pop (which I never drink, but it was brand new, it was made by Pepsi and called Carmel Cream) way too sweet for me, dh loves it. Just did chores around today and tried to catch up with E-mail, then to the store for supplies for the cottage, going up again tomorrow.

Right now it is hard to get to the boards as I have one day with Dad, and of course appts., then one day with laundry and the likes, then tomorrow again over to Dad's, then back up to the cottage. The rest of the time I am on the phone with my daughter, being directed on my duties and things she wants me to do in regards to her wedding plans. (Would of been easier had it been down South, darn that they changed there minds)!!!! I also no I need to be checking it and being responsible for myself, it is hard at the moment, oh well lucky me really, it is only 3 1/2 months to go. Could of been a lot longer in the planning stages.

Well ladies have a good one tomorrow, can't believe your kids are already back to school, ours finish June 29 and go back Sept. 4th. I am glad mine are all grown up (sometimes).

Sharon S.

iriswhispers
08-16-2007, 11:21 AM
thanks for the welcomes!

i'll honestly binge on just about anything, but cereal is a big trigger food for me. i'll eat an entire box, i just keep going back for "a little bit more." and once i'm in binge mode, i just start searching the cabinets, the fridge, the freezer....

yesterday started out horrible but ended in what i consider an acceptable manner. i went out with some friends and got a free veggie burrito because on of them is a restaurant manager. last night i made my "eating plan" so i'm set on sticking to it for today! i'm aiming for about 1500 cals a day, which is okay as long as i am running - which i'm also set on doing today. or at least a little jogging.

SD Gal
08-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Hello ladies, I read most of the post's since my last one on Aug. 6, welcome to the newbie's, some great info floating around for everyone.

SD Gal so glad you are back, I really missed you. PM you, hope you got them. Nice to have our old friends back.

Sharon S.

Sharon,

Your son is ENGAGED? To the controlling girlfriend? When did THAT happen? ACK!! :fr:

After having "fallen off the wagon" I have my good and bad days, but I am much better than I was. :D

I missed you too!! I didn't get the other PM you sent cause it wasn't to my name. ;) lol.. You can forward it to me though if you still want to? :)

The day is going ok, we still havent gone to the gym this week, which is frustrating. My husband isnt being supportive there.. frustrating really. I'll go tonight with or without him.

Have a super day!!!
Love,
Michelle

Jasmine31
08-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Hey everyone! Well just a little frustrated cause I wound up binging a bit on microwave popcorn. Wound up at 2100 or so! acckkkk!!! My cals were pretty low the day before though, 1371. Ugghhhhh I will have to redo my weekly stats and look again. If I kept it at 1400 for those few days I would of wound up at 1601, dipping higher that day......grrrr......Well hopefully the worst that could happen is a 1700 average. I decided I am NOT skipping a walk tomorrow. I have been trying to do 5 days at 90, 1 at 60 and 1 rest. Well this week I had a 50 and a 30! So the 50 is 10 shy and the 30 is 60 shy! That is 70 shy and the week before I did a 100 minute day(not on purpose) so that is 80 shy from the previous week. The previous week was also a 1550 average week and this week is looking like 1700? arrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

So I am thinking of definitely walking tomorrow. Hope I can keep my cals stable these next two days. Either way I am still on track for 2 pounds but.......grrrr......

lodyangel
08-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Hey Iris. I am a runner too. Check out www.coolrunning.com. They have a couch to 5K workout to help ease you back into running. It is suppose to take you 2 months, but I know some people who are progressing on it faster. It is a go at your own pace plan. I am following it and by the end f next week I am suppose to be able to run 20 minutes non-stop! :yikes: I know if I set my mind to it I can do it. SO can you. I am glad you are on board!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. Life just got in the way. Final weigh in fr the week is tomorrow. So far I am looking at a 2 pound loss for the week. :) I really overate yesterday, but today feel much better. no binge urges at all! :)

I ran the last day of week 4 today of c25K. It was harder then on Tuesday. It's alot more humid here then it was on Tuesday. It made the breathing rough, I felt like I was almost breathing in liquid!! Here is next week's workout.
Day 1
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)

Day 2
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
Walk 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)

Day 3
Brisk five-minute warmup walk,
then jog two miles (or 20 minutes) with no walking. :fr:

I guess I will manage. ;) Hope everyone is having a great week!

stopeating
08-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Hey everyone! Sounds like everyone has a plan...that's great!

My last three days have been super good. Part of it is I'm not home, I've been in meetings and getting home late - that's the reason I haven't been able to post.

I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow. I'm a little nervous, but I've been on a really good diet now for a couple of weeks and I can feel it in my clothes.

My son finally got his laptop at the cost of $2000!!! I know...

I'll post more tomorrow - no meetings!!:D

stopeating
08-17-2007, 07:46 AM
Okay just a quick post, I'm off to work. I weighed myself this morning and I've only lost 2 1/2 pounds in two weeks. I am not happy but I'm trying to ignore it. My body seems to take a long time to figure out I'm serious about dieting. My clothes are definitely fitting better, I can breath again. I have been working sooooo hard with exercise and diet, so I hope in a few days I will have a big loss. Just had hoped it would be today.

Yesterday 37 minutes on my lunch in our gym at work and 1 mile walk. Ate about 900 calories and worked all last night at a festival with tons of walking around.

Have a great day!

Ladiibbug
08-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Okay just a quick post, I'm off to work. I weighed myself this morning and I've only lost 2 1/2 pounds in two weeks. I am not happy but I'm trying to ignore it. My body seems to take a long time to figure out I'm serious about dieting. My clothes are definitely fitting better, I can breath again. I have been working sooooo hard with exercise and diet, so I hope in a few days I will have a big loss. Just had hoped it would be today.

Yesterday 37 minutes on my lunch in our gym at work and 1 mile walk. Ate about 900 calories and worked all last night at a festival with tons of walking around.

Have a great day!

Hi StopEating :-)

That's terrific that you have a gym at work.

Reading Fitness for Dummies, they advise that eating too few calories (under 1200 cals. per day) is NOT good for weight loss, as it may put your body into "starvation mode", which may make your body hang on to every single pound.

I think you mentioned last week eating 400 calories one day (was that a typo) *jaw dropping*. So if you are exercising, too, on top of the very low cals ... ??? Maybe someone with more knowledge can offer more info.

900 cals doesn't sound too healthy, gal!:hug:

DollyPie & Canuk:

Hi! *waves*

Ladiibbug
08-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Calories this week have been 1200 - 1700, with daily fat % around 25% or less.

I had a large DiGiorno pizza, Spinach, Mushroom & Garlic (heaven!), but I ate 1/2 one day, and 1/2 the next. :carrot: Instead of all at once ;)

300 cal per serving (1/6 of lg. pizza), and with no meat, the fat cal per svg. = 80. Definitely within my cal. budget if I eat FF the rest of the day :-)

This coming Monday I'll weigh in. It's been two weeks, so I'm very anxious to see how it's going. I might have to buy a scale. But I don't want to get all crazy about weighing myself every day.

Question: What is air popped popcorn? I guess that means no oil. I cannot find any microwave popcorn that says "air popped", so I bought the 94% FF, the lowest I could find.

I'm off to walk the longer route, 1.4 miles. Walking more briskly.

Hope everyone is doing well :-)

Jasmine31
08-17-2007, 11:16 AM
I will read later. i am pretty irritated with myself, cals have been way higher than planned. Don't know if its cause I have been drinking diet pepsi or not. They had a sale on it .60 cents each! I should just stick with the diet rootbeer!

uggghhhhhhhhh

Just got back from a 90 minute, no day off today so I can try to make up for it.

Got to run to an apt.

Have a great day everyone!

lodyangel
08-17-2007, 02:39 PM
I went to the park and walk/ran for 15 minutes this morning. I still have working out to do today. I REALLY need to focus more on strength training. It isn’t getting done and I need to do it. Have you ever seen those people running who skin on their legs and arms is just...well...flabby. I wanna be a runner, but I don’t wanna look like that. Nothing flopping in the breeze except my ponytail for me! :lol: I wanna be a firm runner!

Today was final weigh in and my average was down by 2 pounds! Whoo Hooo! My average weight is now 214. I weighed in this morning at 212! That made me feel good!

Plans for this afternoon. Go to the bank cash my measely, little, child support check I got from DS1's father yesterday. He hasn't paid in a month and a half and I got a check for $37.80....Whatta @$$! I am broke as a joke so I am off to the grocery store with my 37.80 to buy food! Then home, collect the kids and work out. After that I don't know...

Everyone have a great weekend! I will post again tomorrow!

MissElizabeth
08-17-2007, 03:51 PM
hey everyone..
how is everyone doing?
im doing great!!
im susprised that im still doing this good..
this is my 3rd week... =]]

:dust:

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w2Uzmu1/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2Uzmu1/)
:carrot: one for every ten pounds....*:carrot:

stopeating
08-17-2007, 06:22 PM
So far today I'm at 480 calories and 5000 steps. I didn't have time to work out on my lunch so I will need to work really hard on it tonight. I have supper to go and waiting for dh to get home and eat.

Weekends are hard so will see how this goes. I am such a binge eater and I've been good for awhile now.

Ladibug- You're right, my calories are low. I've had a few days under a 1000 calories and one with 400 calories. It really isn't intentional. The last couple of weeks have been crazy with festivals- part of my job - and then I get home late. I sit in meetings all day. Other days when I sit at the computer, I can't put enough in my mouth. I get the munchies sooooo bad.:o

This does happen and suddenly (hopefully) I will drop 2-3 pounds. It takes 1900 calories a day for me to sustain my weight, so to get a decent loss, I need to lower my calories and increase my exercise. I need to cut out 1000 calories with exercise each day to lose 2 pounds per week. :dizzy: So not easy!

stopeating
08-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Way to go MissElizabeth!!!:carrot:

Jasmine31
08-18-2007, 10:49 AM
New thread everyone!!!

Hot & Healthy Chick's (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120697)

gentlebutterfly
08-21-2007, 05:56 PM
May I join in?

Ice Princess
08-25-2007, 01:06 PM
Count me in :yay:
gonna go back and read all thread and catch up.

Ladiibbug
08-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Count me in :yay:
gonna go back and read all thread and catch up.

Hi Ice Princess & GentleButterfly ...

C'mon over to the new thread! Jasmine begins a new thread every week or so ...:carrot: