Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-11-2007, 05:56 AM   #1  

Default Gain. Down. Predictable! Support?

Hey everyone,

I was 128lbs either 1 week or 1.5 weeks ago, I forget the exact day, but it was quite recent!

But although I've been exercising this week, I've also overeaten by - and I've worked this out - 3200 calories or so. So technically I have eaten enough surplus food to gain about/roughly 1lb.

Even so....on scales today I'm 131lbs. Sigh. I know, I know:

a) At least I've been exercising.
b) I'm still 9lbs down from original weight.
c) I'm far from fat/overweight, I know this.
d) It wasn't one 3200 cal big binge, it was grazing over monday-friday. This might not SEEM like a plus, but I think its a step forward from the eating-it-all at once binges I ONCE went on, regularly!

So today, Saturday, is a new set of 7 days (well, I'm counting it as such..I'm treating it as a Monday!).

Some Analysis - What Went Wrong?

a) Poor impulse control...eg. went to the supermarket with my BF on thursday night. Saw a 300g tub of jellybeans..purchased it. By Friday lunchtime they had all gone.
b) Poor planning...eg. eating food before the lunch I knew my mother was taking me out to!
c) "Relief Eating" - had a good therapy session on thursday (not food related), and the approval and validation I seemed to get there made me ...I don't know, sort of think "hooray I'm great so I can eat whatever"...yeeeeh. OK.
d) OCD- related eating. Or "Anxiety Eating". Think this one is self-explanatory, I'll save you the OCD details but it makes me anxious, so...you get me.
e) Boredom. I have 6 weeks left before university starts. I can't get a job because I cannot work once Uni starts (its an intensive 2 year degree usually done in 3 years, I really won't have time) and I can't find any 6 week jobs.

I'm sure there are others but this gives the rough idea...its not a mystery anyway why I've eaten so much now I've thought about it!

plan of action...

Today I'll walk for an hour, and lay off the sugar and too many stodgy carbs. Fruit, veg and protein. Nothing complicated really, just getting Back Into It.

Sigh!

emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 06:54 AM   #2  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

omg you weigh like 131! Are you not thin as a stick already?!? lol! The difference in people's goals really confuses me..
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:08 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Cousin,

Let me say it for the record--water weight. Water weighs a lot, and throwing off your internal balance with a lot of sugar or carbs can sometimes lead to water retention. Other times, it can lead to dehydration and a false weight drop. And this can be true whether you weight 180 or 128.

I like your plan and I like your goals--"nothing complicated really."

We've already had the talk about how you are normal weight now. But maintaining normal weight or losing, either is hard work for many folks. And considering your capacity for jelly beans... I can see why you need to watch!

Hang in there, cousin. It's a nervous time for you, but walking is much better for that than munching!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:35 AM   #4  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up

Hi Emily - I'm new here, but there aren't many awake this early on a Saturday to give you support.

Your post helps me to see how to take a clear view of what's happened, and to take a sane approach to moving forward
Nothing complicated really, just getting Back Into It.

Good luck with uncomplicated rational behavior. I'll take that for my mantra today.
BillBlueEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:47 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

BillBlueEyes,

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:05 AM   #6  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Just get back on plan cousin!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:46 AM   #7  

I know, I know, 131lbs is fine, everyone in my "real life" rolls their eyes and tells me to get over myself, already ;-)

But on a serious note, I think its important to keep and eye on it.

THANK YOU so much for all the support (and welcome, Bill)..you are terrific on here. If..well, WHEN, I should say - I finish my weightloss journey, I'm sticking round here regardless

It's nearly 4pm here and I'm on 800 calories and 30 minutes of my walking..so I'm already doing better

emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote