100 lb. Club - Water, Water, Water!!!

View Full Version : Water, Water, Water!!!

Sandi
12-29-2001, 12:31 PM
Sometimes when you guys post the amount of water you are drinking, I am in awe. I know why I am supposed to drink tons. Actually, I think someone one said the rule is 1/2 your weight in oz. That would be about 140 oz. for me. I've seen other ways to figure it, 8- 8 oz. glasses plus 8 oz. for every 20 lbs extra weight you carry. That's 120 oz. Anyway, all these numbers seems HUGE to me. I like water and I do drink it, but it seems like a major accomplishment to be pushing 90 oz, for me. What are some tricks that you guys use to get in the water??

1fralick
12-29-2001, 12:48 PM
Hi,
I drink( or try to) A gallon of water day. SInce I started the new job I was having trouble getting it in. I keep a gallon water jug under my desk. And refill my glass thru out the day. ANd when I don't get it in I feel iT!

Nic251
12-29-2001, 08:15 PM
When I first went to the health club and the trainer there said I should drink a gallon of water a day, I actually laughed at her, I thought she was joking! But now,I won't say that I get a gallon everyday, but, I genereally get at least 100 oz. I had to start out slowly, with 64 oz a day, and work myself up, and I still have to run to the restroom about every 60-90 minutes (luckily at my job they don't care LOL) but I just kept slowly drinking more and more, and now if I only get 64 oz, I can tell. It also helped that I cut out soda, and now only drink a cup of coffee, water and a large glass of milk everyday. I keep a 1 liter water bottle with me at all times, and I fill it from the drinking fountain, or faucet. It is to the point now, that I even take it shopping with me, and I feel like have forgotten something all day when I don't have it.
Just start out slowly, and let your body get adjusted to it, if you keep a bottle with you and just sip it al day long, you'll be amazed at how much you actually drink. You'll see that over time, it gets easier and easier! :D

Good Luck!
Nicole

barbygirl43
01-01-2002, 10:34 PM
I bought some 1 liter water bottles and I refill them each day. I try to drink at least 3 of them. Then in the same brand I also bought a couple of the 20 oz. bottles. I find that when I put water in those, I tend to drink it faster for some reason, so I feel those up for on my drive to and from work. (That's 40 oz. without even think about it.)
Hope this helps.
Dawnyal