Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-08-2007, 04:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/160/120

Height: 5'3

Question Exercises for C-section sufferer

Hi all,

I am new to the site and was hoping to find some help with my abs. I have had 2 c-sections and my mid-section is mush. I have tried crunches, etc and still have a roll. Any advice/help would be appreciated.

P.S. if this is already posted somewhere I apologize for duplicate...I tried a search first and nothing came up.
Rdy2Bthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi there. I've had c-sections. More importantly I've ready an article by a fitness model about the scarring. I'll try to remember which magazine it's in.
One thing I would suggest is to ask your doctor if there's any special reason you'rr having trouble. Which way is the scar? Was there internal scarring or adhesions?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I've had 2 c/s's as well, with very big over 9lb babies. I think what I've found to work best is PILATES! I did every crunch in the book as well, did an ab-roller thingee, etc. Pilates worked the best. And you can't give enough credit to totally reducing fat over your entire body. So basically, that means getting as close to goal as you can, with exercise. I saw more results with pilates. I still have my "shelf" but noticed that it got MUCH smaller and I am hopeful that by the time I get to goal it will be almost gone.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

I haven't a c-section, or even been pregnant, but I just wanted to point out that unless you get rid of the fat on your belly, you won't be able to see tightened abs. All the crunches in the world won't help you if you have belly fat. So that means ab exercises in conjunction with general cardio and weight loss.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:06 AM   #5  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

You can have nice, tight abs, but if you still have fat over the top of it, that can only be fixed through weight loss. And I agree with PP that Pilates will do things to your abs that you never thought possible....

My babies were 11 even and 9 1/4 (and that was without gestational diabetes!). My skin is stretched from my navel to my scar in a way that all the weight loss and crunches won't fix. Only a scalpel will take care of that.
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote