Old 08-07-2007, 12:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5"5

Default whats your motivation to exercise?

i used to religiously go to the gym 3 times a wk for an hr each - now i have a hard time even convincing myself to go.

what do you to to stay motivated and make your self workout??
chickadee315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Well, I use a video to work out with. I always visualize myself looking like that woman doing the video...that is my motivation...just visualizing what I will look like in the future.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:09 PM   #3  
NewComer

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Honestly, this site keeps me motivated to go every day. And the feeling I have after a good workout is the best motivation. I really don't enjoy working out, but for the last month I've dragged myself to the gym 6 days a week. When I don't feel like going, I just try to remember the great feeling I have after a workout. And, of course, all the totally vain reasons, like what I'm going to look like when I get to my goal weight!
TxBrittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:12 PM   #4  
No more excuses!

S/C/G: 141 / 136 / 120

Height: 5"3

the idea of wearing gorgeous clothes in the future and impressing the men, without feeling totally like a walrus.
also, being a more confident woman without the uncomfortable desire to hide my body.
TurboLeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

I'm still early in my journey, but I actually look FORWARD to the treadmill. It really helps that I do it during the time one of my favorite talk shows is on- it makes it seems a bit less like work because I'm distracted. Free weights at home are the same story.

This site also helps TREMENDOUSLY. I stop by just about everyday and seeing everyone step up and lose the weight helped me realize that this really IS possible.
Ohhkay8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:03 PM   #6  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

This site inspires me.
So does seeing the changes in my body as a result of working out, both in the way I look and how I feel.
I'm stronger, faster and it will definetly help me out with sports next year.
And I loooove love love the extra wiggle room in my jeans...soon I'll need a lower size.

Basically working out= me coming a step closer to being slimmer and leaner.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:30 AM   #7  

At the current moment, my motivation is how close the scale is coming to 299. I remind myself that every day I get on that treadmill, every day I meet my calorie goals, I am getting a little bit closer. Ice cream can't taste better than 299 will feel. It just can't. I look forward to proving that theory correct.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:03 AM   #8  

My motivation is not necessarily weight related-- I'm a pretty emotional person and when a person works out, your brain produces more serotonin, the "happy juice" in the brain. So not only does working out make me feel better about my body and make me feel like i'm really working towards my weight loss goals, but it actually makes me happier and more upbeat by changing my brain chemistry.

During the day if i'm thinking "well, I should work out but I don't really feel like it", I think about what i'll feel like later when I go to bed-- will I be full with food and feel like I was totally impulsive and pathetic all day-- or will I go to bed feeling happy, tired from hard work, and knowing I'm trying my best?

Christine1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine1128 View Post
During the day if i'm thinking "well, I should work out but I don't really feel like it", I think about what i'll feel like later when I go to bed-- will I be full with food and feel like I was totally impulsive and pathetic all day-- or will I go to bed feeling happy, tired from hard work, and knowing I'm trying my best?
I like your way of thinking. I can totally relate to this and I don't know why I've been eating junk the past few days...I always go to bed feeling bad when I do...why do I do that to myself?? Thanks for reminding me how it feels to go to bed after a hard day of exercise.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:24 AM   #10  
The Victorious One

S/C/G: 218/171, Starting over 198/?

Height: 5'6

My motivation is the excitement I get when I envision my new slender self!!!
butterflykiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5"5

well i planned out the next month and a halfs exercise regime i am going to make myself stick to so hopefully that works!

im going to post it on my blog if anyone is interested

Last edited by chickadee315; 08-08-2007 at 01:12 PM.
chickadee315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:21 PM   #12  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5'10"

well, when i joined the gym i joined with my mom. she is an amazing person and is always there to support me. anyway she wanted to lose some weight too, and we were doing great. Then we both just sort of got lazy and didnt feel like going. so when she wasn't motivated to go, neither was i. our membership expired in jan.. we haven't gone back sadly.. and ive since fell off that diet wagon.

but to get myself motivated now, i have to think about the FUTURE. I have to think about how good i'll feel when i lose 1lb, 5lbs, 10lbs etc. and when i was working out a lot at home (before we joined the gym) i would say to myself.. "well, im sitting here doing nothing.. i should be doing SOMETHING!" and it actually motivated me. Of course now I need to start thinking like this again.. cause I'm in definite need of motivaton!! and of course reading what you all are saying motivates you is a big help!
xDas7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:29 PM   #13  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

This site is a big motivator I always get on here when I just don't feel like heading to the gym. Seeing other people's results is a great way to get motivated to go get some of my own. The picture threads are awesome for that.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Probably the only thing that motivates me is the number that I'll see on the scales at the end of the week and that feeling that I get when I've finally done my workout. I really hate working out!
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:44 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

I think it's the pride in knowing that when I exercise I am taking control of my weight and doing everything I can to get my body in shape. I hated that miserable feeling before I started doing this you know when you're lying on your couch, watching TV, and stuffing your face and saying "boy I know this is bad for me and I shouldn't be doing this" but you just lay there anyway--That's not for me anymore!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote