Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #262

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #262

Jane
08-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Hello and :welcome2:to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support :grouphug: and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

PinkSands
08-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Good Morning Ladies:wave:

Well I am up and running with both phone and internet but now the cable is out LOL...they ended up having to rewire everything, if mine worked someone else's didn't LOL...anyway I am back, Hope everyone has been well and staying OP...Hubby is in Pittsburg waiting for his next load and complaining about where he is LOL...the boy's hours changed this week his Wally World is adding more into their grocery dept so he has to work overnites all week, what a pain, at least I only have to go out to take him to work at 10 pm the manager runs him home in the am...we're getting a supercenter, was suppose to open in Oct but that was moved to Jan now it looks like March not sure why a town this size needs 2 Wally Worlds though, other then that it's just been hot, hot, hot and more hot...we had some awful storms yesterday and tornado warnings but so far today it's just stinkin hot, I'm tired of grey sky's...I've been trying to figure out what the heck I am gonna wear on vacation, everything I own is way too big now, guess I am gonna have to break down and do some clothes shopping soon LOL, well I am off to do some exercize then I'll check back in this evening, have a Great Day All.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 33 days away!

Marti
08-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Morning ladies!

Toad lily!! Can you believe it? Now I can shop. :D

I will have to do indi's next time since I don't have much time......but only 4 more days and I'm off for 9! :carrot:

Not even sure where we're going to start! So much to do and not enough days off. Sheesh! :lol: I'm like PJ....what am I going to wear? I think capri's are in order...and some tanks. Better hope hubby doesn't mind the money for vacation going towards clothes! :D

Ok....I need to get dress and get going.

Hugs to you all. :hug:

tommysgirl18
08-07-2007, 06:27 PM
hello ladies...how are you all on this fine day?

Nothing new on this end....just same stuff, different day. I did step on the scale and I am down another two pounds. My official weigh in day is Wednesday's so I am just going to wait and see what numbers reflect on the scale tomorrow! I do have to say one thing though.....all my life, at least from high school until recently, I had the German hips that stuck out a mile wide. I could try to use my hands to go down the curves of my body and they would go down, then out, and then back down. Now they go straight down without going out!

Pink Jane~ I can't wait until our Super Center is open! It is suppose to be open sometime before the end of the year. It will be so much easier to go grocery shopping and regular shopping all at the same store! We at a Super Center when we lived up north and we loved it!

Marti~ Toad lily is the name of that flower? I thought it looked like a lily, but I wasn't exactly sure. Plus, when I was looking around online I saw some lilies and they reminded me of your flower.

suetalks
08-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Whew! I can't believe that I rode tonight with a heat index of 99* Did 3 miles in that. I don't even know what the index was this morning when I rode 2 miles. I am just glad that there is always a breeze here, even though it was a warm breeze today. Still kind of cooled your perspiration so it didn't feel so hot. After 3 miles my legs still felt great and if it had been cooler I would have gone longer. Just didn't want to push it in the heat. Feeling pretty good after a nice cool shower though. :) (And a tall glass of Crystal Light)

Grocery day tomorrow, nothing else going on right now.

Hi to everyone!

tommysgirl18
08-08-2007, 12:34 AM
Sue~ That is great! I am sorry about the heat.....man it is every where! We had ran this morning, then it stopped and the sun came out......and it got really hot!

Shy Moment
08-08-2007, 12:56 AM
Hi everyone, hope everyones day goes well.

Hot, heck yes it is hot. It is August in Ohio which means hot and humid :faint:lol.

The doc put off my hysterectomy until Jan because I am, in his words " losing so much darn weight so fast, it would be safer to do the surgery with less weight on me ". When he walked into the room he said you are losing weight. He checked my chart and said darn you have lost allot of weight 12lbs in two months. Glad he thought it was allot I would have liked more lol. He wants to see what I am down to in Jan.

Great news for me because of course this was not something I was looking forward to lol. Now we find hubby has to go in for a hernia surgery on the 5th. Well at least we won't be layed up at the same time. God does look after us doesn't he.

tommysgirl18
08-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Shy Moment~ Where in Ohio are you? We were down there on mini-vacations for two weekends in July. Plus, being in MI, it is so easy to take off for the weekend and spend some time down there. We are thinking about going down to see my aunt, she lives in Pemberville.

I weighed in today, and I am down 5 pounds from when I weighed in the last time!

FrouFrou
08-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Hello ladies and :welcome: Shy Moment/Rennie!

Nuthin much going on today...got my 3 miles in this morning. Actually got to the park before 7 a.m. :cp: have to with this heat being up to 100. It was a cool 77 this morning and even had a breeze. But, by the time I got home and to the pool at 8:30 it was already up in the 80's. Still not bad and the water felt cool, really cool. But it warmed up real fast! Getting laundry done now.

MARTI...what an odd name for such a pretty flower. Have you ever looked at the names of lots of flowers? Who comes up with some of them? Lol, some are kind of funny/odd.

PINKJANE...well, we can't have it all can we, lol. Glad you guys finally got everything up and running. We have several super walmarts here but they have been changing them and rearranging them...their clothes are now khaki bottoms with blue tops and the outside they just painted them same colors. But I am lost in that store now.

MINDEE...WTG on the two pounds! :woohoo: You are doing great with your weight loss!

SUE...and you are doing great with your biking. It's been hot here as well so I've been getting out in the wee hours of the morning...kind of nice but everyone else has the same idea, lol.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Have a good one ladies!

Sassy_Chick
08-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Hi all. Just a quick pop in. Work still stinks. But we did have an idea. We're going to ask my boss if its possible if I go to part-time and only work 3 - 10 hour nights instead of the long crazy-a$$ hours I work now. DH said that it wouldn't make too big of a difference and I could get a part time job somewhere else and begin writing again. My goal is to find a different job and I figure if I go and work somewhere else part time, it will give me a chance to see if I'm going to like it or not before leaving my job I have now.

Yes I am done with this place. They are heartless and cold and do not care about their employees and I'm sorry but time with my family is more important than any job. But I can't just quit so of course I have to find something else first, so that is what we came up with. Dunno if my boss will go for it or not, but don't see why not as it will save the dept money, me going part time.

Today I woke up sick. I feel totally awful but don't want to use any of my personal time because I'm saving it for our vacation the end of next month. :p

Well I hope you all are doing better than me...........sorry to "complain" and run. Ha Ha.......

:hug:

sz2atheart
08-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Happy Hump Day!!

Weighed in today at WW (even though my usual day is Sunday) and I'm down 2 lbs. Back in the 130's (barely by .2 of a lb., but hey, the scale was still in the 130's!!) and 1/2 lb away from my vacation weight gain. I still don't know what my goal weight will be. Some say that I should weigh in the upper teens to low 120's but I have broad shoulders and big boobs and would probably feel more comfortable at about 130. It's not like I'm getting any younger. I was 105 with both my pregnancies 20 some years ago and feel like I would have to starve to stay at that weight. I guess my ideal would be 125-130. Hmm......we'll see. I'm just happy to see the scale moving in the right direction.

It's 102 degrees here today!! Played hooky from work today and took my Mom to a doc appt, then out to lunch. Picked up my fabric for the dining room curtains today and will be sewing all day tomorrow. The fabric was back-ordered for over a month. I promise to finally post a pic when I finish. Friday I have to get all my food prep done for the engagement party and Saturday will do last minute straigthening up the house and setting up for the party. Gotta run out and buy some beer and wine and pick up a few food platters. I don't feel like chopping up fruit and veggies so just order platters. Being in Maryland, we need our seafood, so ordered a large shrimp platter.

Well, I'm gonna fast forward through Days of our Lives and put on my dancing sneakers for dancing tonight. Dh will be home within the next 1/2 hr.
No time for individuals. I'll take a break from my party prep and get some in over the next few days. Phone's ringing, gotta go!

tommysgirl18
08-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Cristina~ Thanks for the encouraging words. I have really gotten a work out in besides my normal one....the boys have been little hellians all day! Logan won't stay in his crib or his room for that matter. So, I woke up to Brandon kicking me in the face in my bed, then a couple minutes later Logan was climbing in bed with me, and then proceeded to head bang my head. So, it was an early start for us. Logan got up at 6:15 this morning......and I can't wait for bed time for him! The past two nights he has gone to bed before 8pm and woke up at 6:15 am. So, it is back to his 8:30pm bedtime.....that way he will sleep in for me...I hope!

Sassy~ That sounds like a better idea as far as hours. I hope your boss will go for it as an option.

Tammy~ Great job on the weight loss! I can't wait for my scale to read in the 130's!

Jane
08-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Hello, ladies!

PJ - yay for "too big" clothes. :cp: When Vincennes opened the SuperWalmart, they closed the small one. Maybe your town will do that, too. I gotta hand it to ya, I can't even begin to imagine Florida in August! Indiana is hot enough for me. But I know you're going to have a blast, anyway. Take a water spritzer for sure! Have you ever used one of those neck-cooler thingies? Wonder if they work well.

Marti - WOOHOO for 9 days off! :carrot: Capris and tanks sound fine to me. I quit wearing tanks a long time ago. Not only are my arms fat, they're old, too. But if I was your age and weight, I'd for sure go for it! Summer clothes are on clearance everywhere, so I bet you'll get some good bargains.

Mindee - you're doing great with the weight loss. A big congrats on losing your "German" hips. Sorry the boys have been rambunctious today. Bedtime in Michigan is getting close, lol.

Sue - are you crazy? :dizzy: Biking in this heat? I don't even want to walk down to the mailbox in it, lol. We're supposed to get a break by early next week, I think. How's your mom?

Rennie - glad to see you here! And way to go on the weight loss success so far. :cp:

Cristina - our Walmart employees have switched to the khaki and nave, too. Looks nice. We have a Kohl's opening up before Christmas, and I'll be glad for that. Other than Walmart, the only other discount dept. store we have that sells everything is Kmart. Woop-de-doo, right? lol

Sassy - hope your boss will go for your idea. Sounds doable to me!

Tammy - yay for the weight loss - you're gonna be at that pre-vacay weight very soon. Your party sounds like lots of fun. And yes, please do post photos of the drapes when they're finished.

I'm wiped out! I watched Jackson today - his babysitter is ALWAYS needing days off. :dizzy: Since he's teething, he's a little more challenging. But still oh so sweet!

Neal and I finalized our plans for Lake Barkley, KY. The house we're renting is right on the water, and Molly is welcome. (Well, for an extra $200 she's welcome, lol.) Anyway, now I can't wait until our anniversary next month!

Going to sign off for now, but I'll see ya on the flip side. :)

suetalks
08-08-2007, 11:49 PM
Quick post from me tonight. I am beat and still have a few things to do.

Jane- Yep, I am absolutely crazy. I rode 5 miles tonight since I didn't ride this morning. And it was HOT and still humid. DH told me not to ride and I guess he was worried about the heat because he sat on the porch and watched my every lap. LOL...

Got the groceries today and not much else was going on. I hate not being able to go out and do things in the yard. Taking Mom's dog for a groom tomorrow. Then I have to iron a few things...nothing major. Hopefully I will get to ride the bike.

Take care ladies...it is so nice to see you all here.

tommysgirl18
08-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Jane~ Yup, it was almost bed time when you posted. It says you posted at 8:15, and he was in bed by 8:30pm. Tommy climbed in Brandon's bed and told Logan to come in there with him. Brandon then climbed up as well. Logan wouldn't get off the bed for nothing! So, it took me telling him that daddy would fix his bed like brothers on Friday. Tommy took a half day off when we had originally planned on going up north Friday night. But since we scratched those plans, he still got approved for it.

Sue~ Great job on the riding. Your husband sounds like mine. If I were to go riding or something, he would watch me, or would come with me just to make sure that I was okay.

Right after we moved in here there was a "rash" of murders in the area. One day, Brandon got a hold of my phone and slobbered in the battery part, so my phone went dead. Long story short, Tommy sent a friend of ours over to come and check on us because he hadn't heard anything from us. She showed up with him on the phone, when I answered the door she said "that b**** just opened the door for me." I get on the phone and explain to him what happened and he was fine. He was thisclose to leaving work and coming home. About an hour or two later, my phone was back in working order. Now, it picks and chooses when it wants to ring, or who it will ring for.

Marti
08-09-2007, 02:29 AM
Good Evening gals....

Just got down walking. I decided to reread all the Harry Potter books again. Just read them all one after the other. It's been so long since Jhanai & I read the first book that it's almost like I never read it! (almost) Sure makes the walks go by faster that's for sure. I figured that once I'm done w/the Potter series, I will go back to my Little House on the Prairie series! :D Such a kid aren't I?

PJ--Hurray for clothes being too big!! :carrot: Now that is a NSV for sure!! You must feel great! We're so proud of you. Very inspiring for sure! Keep up the great work. You're gonna feel great when WDW time comes and all the walking you'll be doing will be a cinch!!

Sue--You need to be careful riding in such high temps!! I had heat exhaustion once when I went riding...I was w/my ex at the time....we're almost to town when all of a sudden I fell off my bike. I felt completely out of it. Almost as though I had been drinking heavily. I couldn't get a grip. And the bad thing was....my ex was angry w/me for slowing down! (no wonder he's my ex) But high temps and intense exercise don't mix.....so be careful!

Shy/Rennie--Hello and welcome!! Congrats so far on 12lbs down! :cp: Looking forward to getting to know more about ya!!

Cristina--Ok...I need to correct myself. Ruth, one of our mods, actually found the correct name for the flower. "Tiger Flower" She gave me this link for it: http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/559/ aren't the other colors beautiful?? I have one more getting ready to open. Where it came from I don't know because I've been looking. They're sneaking little things. I'm hoping it may be a different color.....if it is, I'll take a picture of it. She thought it might have been a Toad Lily....I just took off w/that info and thought that's what it was.....silly me! :o

Sassy--Hope that you'll be able to get part time. Until then.....just keep your mind on good things to come such as VACATION! Anything that has nothing to do with work....is perfect! Don't you think?

Tammy--Hurray for being back in the 130's!! It's been so long since I've seen the 130's. I'm looking forward to hearing all about the engagement party.....sound like it's going to be a lot of fun!

Jane--My arms have stretch marks and cottage cheese in the back. But I can't see them really so in my mind....no one else can either!! :s: Your anniversary plans sound wonderful! I do hope you have the time of your lives and will post photos!! Which anniversary will this one be??

Mindee--Wow...I can understand your husband feeling worried out of his mind with you not answering the phone...but I think his friend was out of line to say what she had to say when you answered the door! That was rude. It makes Tommy look as though he didn't trust what you were doing. The friend should apologize. (sorry if I'm out of line by saying that)

And a big hello to all I've missed!!! :wave:

Jules, MaryKate, Jodie, Vann, Tina, Jen, Dee, Ronda, and everyone else out there. Stop back in and say hello!!

Ok ladies... I need to get off here and get some water.....dying of thirst here.

Hugs to you all!

Sassy_Chick
08-09-2007, 06:37 AM
Hi Marti and JL's, :wave:

Yeah I'm just trying to think about other things like our vacation next month, and what I can do if my boss does say yes to the part time. I read a quote that totally inspired me,

"Whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creativity, your true self comes out." Tina Turner

So that was like a Blinking Neon Sign for me like "Wake up" So I am going to start on changing my life, not just my weight, but other issues as well. I am tired of being miserable and unhappy, why should I be? Its MY life why should I have to settle? I am worthy of happiness!!! :queen:

I am SO glad that its Wednesday, well I guess now its technically Thursday! lol. Never thought I'd be saying that as it used to be my last day off. Now its my "Friday"!!!! :D

I also had DH grill me some chicken breasts (skiness & boneless) to have on my nights off. I don't like to use the grill without him there........I know I'm a wuss. lol.

Oh and tonight my co-workers asked me if I ever ate. lol. They said they never see me eat. lol. Never thought I'd ever hear that! lol. But that is one "benefit" of not working with my husband, I eat a lot less! :carrot: I am even thinking of bringing in fresh cut veggies and fruits to snack on. I think this shift might be good for me after all. I just had to see the "light at the end of the dark tunnel" I was in. ;)

Oh and Marti -- I love Little House on the Praire! I have only one book, but I have every single Little House Episodes on DVD. (My DH bought them for me) :love: I am done with the Harry Potter Series now as well.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday and keep cool :cool:!!!!!!!!!

PinkSands
08-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Good Morning Ladies:wave:

Thought I would check in real quick before I start exercizing...went down to Des Moines with my daughter (Jamie) yesterday, she left this morning to go to Chicago for a comic book convention so we took her car in for a once over...we walked around and did some shopping while they worked on it so I got some new clothes Woo Hoo LOL, and the shock of my life, depending on the brand I am now in a 16-18 Ladies sizes down from a tight 22W in January, I knew my clothes were baggie but that was a shock to realize how baggie LOL, Hubby kept telling me he was gonna get a tee shirt with an arrow pointing that said "I'm with baggie" LOL...I ended up with 7 pairs of crop pants and 7 shirts, 2 new bras, it's amazing how different things looks when the girls are up where their suppose to be LOL, still need to get some smaller shorts but at least I have a good start on my vacation clothes now...we went out to lunch which I didn't really wanna do, I haven't been out to eat since January but she was "starving", I did really well they had a grilled chicken salad for 360 calories, it had whole wheat tortilla chips then the salad then the chicken sliced on top with FF raspberry vinaigrette on the side, I ate all the chicken 3/4 of the salad and no chips, of course the little **** had to sit there and eat chips and salsa LOL I prevailed though I ate the salsa with my fork LOL...anyway it was a fun and enlightening day, I need to get around here and get my exercizing started, Have a Good Day All.

Mindee - I'm not really a big Wal Mart fan, if the boy didn't work there I would probably only go once a month.

Cristina - They did a test with the new "uniform" at my sons store last year, they said it looks more professional LOL hello it's a wally world what is professional about wally world??? he used to unload the trucks and that was real fun in those clothes especially when they don't supply them he had to pay for his own, they got the shirts at a discount 6 bucks a piece but the pants they have to buy and unloading a semi in khaki pants??? LOL so now he wears his old beat up stained khaki's to work on the floor professional eh? LOL

Jane - they have a 5 yr contract with the city at his wally world so it has to stay open for at least 3 yrs when the new one opens, I haven't tried the neck coolers yet but we have fans and spritzers, last year we only had one really hot day and it ended up storming so it cooled everything off, most days were in the 80's, I am soooo ready to go!!!!

Marti - Thanks LOL I am hoping my feet hold out I got 2 new blisters yesterday, I think I am keeping the bandaid company in business LOL, you know the only time the walking bothered me last year was when we went to St. Augustine on our off day and were walking around old town I made the mistake of wearing flip flops OUCH!!! LOL

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 31 days away!

Marti
08-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Good Morning!!

Here is what I got to see this morning!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/belong2james/DSC01010.jpg

So nice!! I see another shoot coming up somewhere....it's kind of fun to see these flower bloom days apart!

Sassy--I used to hate to use the grill....but this summer I wanted to use our new grill so tried it out.....now my hubby prefers my grilling over his! How is that for a compliment?? Grilled chicken breast is a tasty meal. I love to cut up a bunch and throw into my salads too.

PJ--Is your whole family going to WDW or just you and hubby? I bet he can't wait to get off the road for awhile and just relax and live the normal life! And vacationing in WDW would be ideal for me! I've never been, but hope to one day. Been to DL years ago when I was little.....need to go again and have new memories!

Good morning to the rest of you gals!

I need to primp up a bit before work. Hugs to you all!!:hug:

Oh....and my apologies for the large photo....if I cut the size down, it's too hard to see all the detail in the center!!

FrouFrou
08-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Hello ladies...

MARTI...that is just as beautiful as the other flower, so pretty! I was just on that site a few days ago looking at trees, lol.

PINKJANE...guess I missed that when reading yesterday...:bravo: to you and the loose clothes! Walmart professional??? Now that is funny :lol:

SASSY...see, something good is coming out of working the shift you are working. Think positive!

JANE...hope you and Neal have a very nice anniversary getaway!

TAMMY...bet your curtains are nice and can't wait to see them! :bravo: on the loss and being back in th e130's!

SUE...be careful out in that heat...coming from someone who just mowed the front yard in it, lol. Jason just came home and said it was 97 but the heat index is 112, yikes! Gotta be done though.

MINDEE...wow, I too thought the person was rude. I think if I was worried about someone I would be sooooo happy to see them answer the door and know they are fine.

Hi to all the MIA's! :wave:

Did the wallyworld thing this morning and don't think I will go back to wal mart again. Tired of these lazy cashiers that have attitudes. Came this [] close to telling her where to go and walking out the door. Of course I had been debating over whether to go there anymore or go to the local grocer, guess I got my answer today. Also went to the library, nursery to pick up a rose bush to replace one, not sure why it died but think it is getting too much water, actually I know it did. The two beside it are fine and all the water from the sprinklers come from the back right to the middle bush. But it won't be as bad once V puts down mulch which he is doing this evening. Thus, me getting the replacement, lol. Went with a coral colored one, guess it will go with the red :shrug: Anyway, mowing the yard was part of my work out...if I mow the back later that will be my work out if not, then I will do my 2 mile WATP dvd. We had a storm come thru last night so it is a little soppy...not sure I want to be sloshing around in it, lol. Anywho...

Take care ladies and have a good day, what's left of it! :)

tommysgirl18
08-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Marti~ I used to love grabbing a book or my cd player, and climbing on my exercise bike. I could easily go for any hour or more just by having something to take my mind off being on the bike. Gosh, how I miss it now! It was rude what she said. She was also freaked out as well, since she tried getting a hold of me and didn’t get an answer. She left her house so quickly that she was in her pajamas and forgot to put a bra on! And she did apologize to me for saying that…she was just really worried and when I opened the door it slipped out. She was all set to put her scrap booking bag through the door wall because the kids were running around, but because I was behind the door she didn’t see me. She even still had her slippers on her feet! Those are some beautiful colors for the Tiger Flower!

I stepped on the scale before I jumped in the shower and it showed me as being 2 pounds lighter then yesterday. So, when I got out of the shower, I stepped on again, just to make sure my eyes weren’t playing tricks on me, and they weren’t! It still said that I was 2 pounds lighter. So, I must be doing something right!! I am just five pounds away from my mini-goal for the end of August!!

Sassy~ That is a great quote! I have a quote that has really inspired me….let me find it again, and I will post it. Actually I have two quotes that have really inspired me, one is weight loss related and the other one I just love. I agree with you, why should we have to settle when it is our lives?

“May you never have to lie, cheat or steal. But if you must, steal a kiss, cheat death, and lie with the one you love.” - Big Kenny of Big & Rich

And the one that I love that is weight loss related:

PJ~ We didn’t really have a choice when we lived up north, it was the only grocery store! And we got so used to the prices being cheaper then the other stores, so we are really excited about this one opening up. The thing is though, if we move closer to my hubby’s work, there isn’t a Wal-mart out there, unless we go way out of our way to go there. The closest grocery store would then be a Meijer.

Cristina~ Like I mentioned to Marti, she did apologize for what she said. And then once I got on the phone with Tommy, he had apologized as well, since he was relaying every thing that had happened in the neighborhood to her on the way over. (as far as the two double murders that had happened recently)

Jane
08-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Hi ladies,

Sue - it's still so hot here, too. I needed to go for groceries today, but am going to wait for about another hour while things cool down a bit.

Mindee - the time I see on my post from yesterday is 6:15 here, which is actually an hour earlier that I actually wrote it. I guess it depends on our server, or something. Like the others, I didn't like that your "friend" referred to you that way, so I'm glad you explained. Yay for the additional weight loss!!

Marti - the flower is gorgeous! You know, I started reading the HP series, but never did make it through the first book. I just told Katie the other day that I'd like to borrow them all from her. I guess you and I can read them together!

Sassy - seems like you have a good outlook!

PJ - woohoo for the smaller size! Oh my gosh, Katie's DBF would freak if he knew about the comic book convention in Chicago. They've been wanting to go there anyway, and he's hooked on comics.

Cristina - Neal and I aren't going until next month, but it should be fun when we get there. Once in awhile I'll get a rude checker at Walmart, and since the head checker is a woman I went to school with, I tell her about it, lol. My choices of where to shop for groceries are so limited. Walmart has run out most of the small stores.

Hello to everyone else. :wave:

Got some work done in the house today. Seems like I was doing those jobs that aren't very noticable, like wiping out the fridge, etc. I'll be so glad when the heat finally breaks. We've had temps that feel like 110 with the humidity. :yikes:

Tomorrow is my scrapbook crop, so I've got to go get some pages ready for that. I do the computer part here at home first, which helps a lot.

Have a good one!

suetalks
08-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Hi JL's.....Yes, it is still hot here, very humid and a heat index of well over 100*. Thank you all for the concerns for my riding in the heat. Rest assured, if it is not shady where I can get some relief I won't ride. It seems cooler with the breeze blowing in your hair...lol. And I do hydrate often. And I ride early and/or late.
Now, with that being said I rode 5 miles today. I am limiting myself to 5 as long as it is so hot. That way I can do a short ride in the morn and a short ride at night. Not too hard on me. Before my shower I decided to use the mini stepper also..and did 10 full minutes. I was on a roll so I did 10 minutes of aerobics too. Hopefully while it is too hot to get a longer ride in I can continue with the indoor exercises. (Anyone know of good exercises for the tubby tummy besides crunches?) My weight is around my middle and with getting my legs in shape I am seeing no results at the tummy right now.

Mindee- You mentioned Meijer. That is our favorite store here. We have 2 other stores and also Wal-Mart, but prefer Meijer. I go through all the ads and buy what is on sale...hate to pay full price. :)

Jane- I need to go to Wal-Mart so plan to get up bright and early and go. Have to have my peach tea and coffee. Those are the two things I consistently get at wally world since they are cheaper and I stock up when I go.

Cristina- Yikes, YOU be careful mowing in this heat. I already gave DH grief for working outside. Your heat index is about like ours. And oh...the humidity!!

Marti- Wow, that flower is even prettier than the yellow. Never heard of that kind, but I am going to go to that site and browse. Hey...almost time for your vacation from work. Yay!

PJ- And almost time for your vacation also. I know you will have fun at WDW. Way to go on new clothes at smaller sizes!! Congrats.

Sassy- I like the way you think. And I like the quote also. I know attitude has much to do with the way a person's life goes. I wish I could get my attitude adjusted to a "good OP food" mode. haha

Tammy- Count me in as one who wants to see your curtains. And yay to you for the loss.

Rennie- Welcome and come back often.

Got laundry and ironing done today and cleaned bathrooms too. Took Baby for a groom. Curled up and read for a short while this afternoon.

Okay ladies, I am off to read for awhile. I started another book. This one is by Fern Michaels.

Sassy_Chick
08-10-2007, 12:38 AM
Hola Chicas!

Well I got my "Beauty Sleep" so I am now completely and totally gorgeous, not just partially. LMAO!

Anyhow I just flat our REFUSE to let anybody or anything get in my way of MY happiness! I control how I respond to people and their petty ways. I can take control and forget about what others think or do.

If people think I'm a "B" than so be it. Sometimes in life you gotta be to keep your sanity. lol. Like there is one friend who has been completely and totally avoiding me. Before that would really irk me and I would worry over it, now I'm like "Eh if she wants to talk to me then she will, if she doesn't, oh well, her loss." lol.

Cuz her or no other person is going to get in my way, move over world, here comes Sassy, with a Capital S! lmao.

Amazing how your attitude can change things. Even how people treat you and how people respond to you. I noticed this at work lastnight. My attitude changed because I read that Tina Turner Quote and thought "A-HA! I just need to get rid of the CRAPOLA in my life that I keep carrying around and just be me!" Once I just did that and opened up at work, my co-workers really responded. They even moved closer to me so they could really hear what I had to say.

So it does work I just have to keep it up and yes I know there will be many days where I don't feel so upbeat, but that is okay, I just don't let that take over.

Sue (and anybody else who is interested) -- Got a Great place for your exercises! (Go to the Drop Down List under WD Workouts, there are loads of them there! ;) http://www.womansday.com/health/12003/wd-workouts.html

Anywho, I hope you are all doing well!

tommysgirl18
08-10-2007, 12:47 AM
Tommy got out of work today early since they ran out of parts. He called me and said "does Wendy's sound good for dinner?" I said "sure....call me before you order because I don't know what I want yet." So, when he called me back, I got a ultimate chicken grill sandwich, with a ceasar side salad, and a drink. So, I did a lot better then what I thought I would have done! On another note, my little baby bear, Logan, is a big boy now! Tommy changed his crib from a crib to the toddler bed and he loves it! Granted at first, we had to switch their mattresses from bed to bed until they finally decided to leave every thing the way it was to begin with!

Jane~ I hope the weather breaks soon for you guys! It was cooler today, because it rained.....then it got steamy this evening. Do they have scrap booking software out there?

Sue~ That is good to hear that you are taking it easy during the high heat and humidity. We are the same way....we will not pay full price on things either. If we see a great deal, then we will jump on it! And we will even price compare to see which store has it cheaper and what not.

tommysgirl18
08-10-2007, 12:54 AM
Sassy~ I agree with you about when attitude changes, it opens up a different perspective and take on live.

thanks for the link, I will have to go and check it out!

Marti
08-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Good Morning!!! :wave:

It's finally Friday!!! :carrot: Last day to work and it's vacation....I got 5 hours OT.....and ......it's PAYDAY!!!

Can't get any better than that! (well....maybe a cup of coffee! :coffee:

Been walking like a mad woman all this week. I knew I sweat....but geez!! But I've also upped my speed so that is part of it. If I don't break out in a sweat...then I'm doing myself no good. (ok....sorry for all the sweat talk....I shall move on to do personals)

Mindee--Well...as long as she apologized. I would be angry as heck if my hubby did that to me. I would feel he didn't trust me. You made good choices at Wendy's!! :cp: I'm no good at fast food places. They all have their salads.......but, the burger always gets me. :o Probably why it's been ages since I've gone to one!

Sassy--Good for you on the attitude change. Keep your chin up and you'll feel positive vibes all around you!:goodvibes:

Sue--Sounds like most of the states are having extreme weather.:hot: In my part of Oregon, we've been having 80' weather w/a cloudy sky. I'm hoping that the clouds won't start pouring just in time for vacation. And if they do...we'll just have to find fun things to do in the rain.

Jane--How fun. You can be my HP partner. :book2: I need to check into that book you suggested the other day.....just need to go back and find it (unless you want to share it w/me here.....) I so want to go to your scrapbook crop!!!! Think I need to call my sister and see is she still plans to have her crop parties she wanted to start back in June!! It's already the middle of August!!

Christina--I need to prune back my rose bushes. They're getting a little wild looking.:eek: I can see crazy branches going in ever direction from my back bedroom...The color you chose sounds pretty. I miss our rose bush from the other house....the multi colored one. Will have to buy me a new one someday.

Ok ladies...as you know, Vacation officially starts tonight! :carrot: and James will be home from work earlier so his starts this afternoon. Anyway.....I may be scarce this week but will try to pop in sometime to see how you're all doing.

I need to shower and get the day started. Hugs to you all!!:hug::hug::hug:

Marti
08-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Poppin in again.....

I decided to WI to see where I'm at from the last time I weighed....I'm down 3lbs. :cheer2: But the sad part of that is I had gained weight since moving.......:( So I'm working on RE-losing the weight.

But at least it's going back down.....THRILLED about that! :D

Ok....time for a shower.

Hugs!:hug:

sz2atheart
08-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Hello Ladies

How do I attach a pic to my message?? I tried to click on the "insert image" box but it wants a website. All my pics are on my computer in a folder. Got my curtains done and want to show you before and after pics HELP!!! Did you figure out that I'm a little computer challenged!! lol

Marti
08-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Tammy--When you're posting....you'll see a "Manage Attachments" button. Click on that and there you'll be able to attach a photo.

Hello again ladies....got my shower in. I'm feeling antsy today and the time has seemed to slllllooooowww down!! What's up w/that?? I have an hour before I have to be at work.

Off to go browse......I've been listening to this catchy song: Love Today, by Mika. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKDzMyzlGxo Anyone heard of it?? It's great music to walk to!!

Off I go.

tommysgirl18
08-10-2007, 02:06 PM
nothing new on this end.....Tommy got out of work an hour ago. He is now looking for a part for the van, then will head home. Then it is off to Sam's Club to pick up some things.

Marti~ We have had plenty of moments with our friend, but in the end, all the good outweighs the bad. So she has been a great friend, and godmother to all three kiddos. The only reason why Tommy asked her to come over was because he couldn't get a hold of me on my phone. And since Brandon slobbered and spit into the part that you plug into the charger, it got water logged. So, I had to take my phone all apart and let it sit out to dry. Once it was all dry, I was back in business!

Great job on the walking! I agree....if you are not sweating, then you are doing yourself any good. Awesome on the OT and it being payday! Those are always the best!!

Tammy~ I can't wait to see those pictures!

Jane
08-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Hi ladies, TGIF!!

Sue - ever since I went through the big M, my middle has spread. Even at my heaviest weight, my waist wasn't nearly my biggest problem, my bottom and hips were. Now, it's a 3-way tie! No fair! I've got so much ironing to do, it's pathetic. But who wants to stand over a hot iron in this heat, even if the house is a/c'ed?

Sassy - glad you've taken control of your own happiness. Like Dr. Phil says, You're the only one that decides your reaction to any given situation.

Mindee - yes, we have scrapbooking software here, but what I use is Microsoft Works and do my text and imported graphics there. The really neat 3-D stickers I buy are what makes the pages, imho.

Marti - the book is Me and Emma. You won't be sorry you bought it! Have fun on your vacation, and don't worry about checking in, unless you have some extra time. We want to see pictures! Speaking of which...

Tammy - I've never done an attachment, either, lol. I just go to photobucket and browse from those files. I think I'll try to make an attachment, just to try it out. Anyway, we wanna see those drapes!

Hello to everyone else reading this.

Can't wait for my scrapbook crop after while. I've got several pictures ready to go.

Neal's taking off to St. Louis with Terry and his family tomorrow, and staying the weekend. I'm staying home, out of the heat. Not sure what I'll do with my time. I thought about getting together with a friend for dinner, but I think I'd just like some peace and quiet.

Have a good weekend!

Jane
08-10-2007, 03:54 PM
I tried to show a pic of Neal and me, but it was blurry, so here's a pic of a robin's nest from one of the trees out front, instead. The baby robin was brand new, and the mama was squawking a loud warning overhead.

FrouFrou
08-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Hello ladies...

JANE...you know I know it's not until next month and what I was thinking didn't come out, lol. I meant to write/type...I know you and Neal are going to have a nice getaway, lol. Love the nest...we had some little, and I mean little birdies last year in our tree...not sure what kind but I watched them and got some pictures.

MARTI...enjoy your vacation! I'm jealous...80 degree weather?! I would love to have those temps!

SUE...I am careful as well. I mowed both the front and back last week and felt like I was having a heat stroke...will NEVER do that again, not in this heat! It doesn't take long for the front and there was a breeze so it was fine. Didn't do the back until 8 p.m. so it wasn't bad.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Just a quick one right now ladies...running out of time, almost my jeopardy time, lol.

suetalks
08-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Cristina- Jeopardy time is 7:30 here, so I always try to have dinner finished and the kitchen cleaned up so I can sit and watch. I don't even think about riding or walking until after the show. :)

Jane- See, you do know how to do attachments...I learned so I knew anyone could. (and I mean I just learned last week) Cute nest.

I meant to mention here that last week two different nights we had new visitors to our yard. We had a family of 4 Eastern bluebirds. Daddy came first to check out the birdbath, then Momma and she was followed by two babies. The babies were pretty big and I only knew they were the babies because their breast and neck area was mottled with some brown spots. Momma was really pale colors, but Daddy was the brightest blue and so gorgeous. I had caught a glimpse of him before, but in another lot. I was happy when he decided we were safe for the whole family, but they only came on 2 nights and I haven't seen them since. A pileated woodpecker made a brief appearance that only DH saw also. He came in to tell me it was there and when we went out it was gone. (think Woody Woodpecker...) Anyway, I do enjoy my birds.

Mindee- Great job on the losing...Have fun at Sam's.

Marti- Have a nice week and pop in here if/when you have a spare minute.

Did half of my ride this morning, and now it is cooling off, so I know I can finish it later. I ran some errands, Wally World and such. Did a 5 minute session on the stepper and a 1 mile WATP. Swept all the floors and made some potato salad for dinner. We are having club sandwiches and salads. Using up lots of the tomatoes my neighbor shared. DH will probably have some leftover mac and cheese. I am proud to say I ate a small spoonful the night I baked it and haven't touched it since. Same with the ham. DH had a ham omelet this morning, but I had cereal. I AM really trying to be good. And I plan to do another 5 min. on the stepper before my shower.
Hopefully I am getting things under control.....foodwise. I know I am racking up the miles on the bike.

Okay...off to look up a dvd I want to buy my SIL for her birthday. That is why I got on the computer right now in the first place, BUT I always have to check in here as soon as I get online. :)

suetalks
08-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Okay..back to say I did get in the rest of my ride, five miles today. Also did well at dinner and just a graham cracker for snack after my shower.

Happy Saturday to you all.....Have fun!

PinkSands
08-10-2007, 11:57 PM
Good Evening Ladies:wave:

Holy Moly it was hot today, I had to go out and about to do banking and shopping, ran by the mall and found 2 pairs of new sneakers...Hubby is in Toledo waiting to pickup a load...the boy is finally back on his normal schedule so I can get back to mine LOL...well have a Good Evening All and a Great Weekend.

Marti - This year we are all going, we wanted to take our daughter last year but she felt bad leaving her hubby home, then she felt bad for missing the trip LOL so this year when her Dad said do you wanna go she jumped at it. Hubby is taking 2 wks this year so he will have some home time too and not have to leave right when we get back.

Cristina - Thank You

Jane - She goes every year with a group of friends, I can't remember the name of it but when she gets home I'll find out, they sure have a good time, I keep asking her "your how old?" LOL she's the youngest in the group at 25 LOL

Sue - Thank You

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 30 days away!

PinkSands
08-11-2007, 12:13 AM
I thought I would try this out, this is from our Xmas trip in 2005, I had just got the digital camera and hadn't really learned to use it yet LOL I still haven't.

Shy Moment
08-11-2007, 12:20 AM
Thought I would stop in and say hi. Live in the Akron area.

Gosh has it been hot. When the kids want to turn on the air I tell them 2 things. 1. You can eat or have air conditioning make a choice lol. 2. If Lara Ingles could live on the prairie without air so can you. I know, I am terrible :)

Been a pretty good week. We are heading off to the camp grounds again for the weekend. Two days of doing nothing. I love it.

Temps aren't the problem in ohio it is the darn humidity. I stay in the house when I can unless we are at the camp grounds.

Marti what a beautiful flower.

Latest news: my daughter has added another animal to her zoo. A dwarf lop eared bunny. I swear I feel like I live in a zoo

Hope everyone has a great weekend

For those of you in ohio. Don't complain about the heat remember last winter, 18 inches of snow in one storm.

tommysgirl18
08-11-2007, 03:14 AM
Hello ladies….how are you all doing?

Well, we got a shock Friday night. I was feeling in Marissa’s mouth, and wouldn’t you know it, she popped through two teeth! No crying, no fussing, no crankiness! Before I even realized that there were teeth in there, Tommy said “I bet she is going to be the easiest teether out of all three of them. You remember how Brandon and Logan were cranky as can be. She is going to be so laid back about it.” I then gave her some Oragel on her gums because her bottom gums are getting really puffy, so she will have some teeth coming through on there as well! Oh yeah, the two that she has are on the top, and are the top two cuspids. And here we thought she was going to get the two front ones first! Not Marissa! She is getting the same two teeth on the bottom next!

Jane~ I will have to check out Microsoft Works sometime and see what ours has on it. How did your scrap booking go? That is a great picture!

Cristina~ Thanks for that lovely email about Temple Baptist Church! I sent it on….it was great!

Sue~ We always have a blast at Sam’s…..I think it is because by the time we leave, we are so wired up from being in the store just walking that we act goofy! They had some sample stands while we were there, and I did really good! We picked up some muffins for breakfast. They had a muffin mania! You can make your own tray of muffins for $5.86 or something like that for 12 of them, and you could pick which ones you want. We got 4 banana nut, 4 apple cinnamon, and 4 pineapple orange. The pineapple orange, to me, tastes just like orange sherbet! It is very good!

PJ~ Great shot of Cinderella’s castle!! When I was there, it rained the day we went there. But it was a lot of fun! Tommy wants to take the kids to Florida for a vacation sometime….but I refuse to fly so it will probably be a long time before we make it down there.

Rennie~ How far are you from North Baltimore area? Friends of ours used to live there, and we have been down there a couple of times. Now, they are moving to south carolina, so we won’t be making that many vacation trips to see them.

sz2atheart
08-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Before & after of Dining Room: New paint, wallpaper, curtains, tablecloth, wall hanging and chair covers. I need something to go over the curio cabinet. Maybe a decorative grill?

sz2atheart
08-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Here's the Living Room: Didn't change anything but the paint

sz2atheart
08-11-2007, 11:42 AM
I never got a chance to show you my new countertops:

suetalks
08-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Tammy- I LOVE your house. I thought the befores were pretty, but the new colors and countertops just make everything look wonderful. I know you are thrilled and rightly so. Beautiful! Really pretty colors throughout.

Rennie- Being in Indiana I know about humidity too. Hasn't it been the pits? We also tend to stay indoors more and really miss our afternoons of sitting on the porch. Have to do things early or late in the day.

Mindee- Yay for Marissa for getting those teeth without a fuss. She IS the little Princess, don't ya know? Sounds like quite an easy baby.

Pink Jane- Sounds like the heat is everywhere...but the midwest gets that awful humidity. Aren't we lucky? :) 30 days and counting! I know you will have fun.

The heat was less oppressive this morning, lower humidity. Thank goodness. I rode 3 miles and felt pretty good. Peanut butter on a wheat english muffin and watermelon were a good breakfast. I know this sounds crazy..but I am craving popcorn. I told DH, don't be surprised if I have popcorn for lunch. I wanted it the last few nights, but know I will overdo it at night. For lunch, a little bit will do me. So...I think I will indulge, just a bit. I can make a micro bag...eat half (or less) and freeze the rest for another day. Yes, it freezes so well and you can take it out and eat right away...it is not frozen. That is my plan...........

Have a great day everyone.

sz2atheart
08-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Good Morning Ladies!

Jane: Beautiful pic of the baby robin. I know you are counting the days till your anniversary trip. My dh and I were talking about wanting to take another cruise next year. We go about every other year with our dancing buddies but if they are not game, we may go back to Lake Tahoe for our 10th anniversary next year.

Mindee--Just think if you were nursing Marrissa with those teeth...ouch! Congrats on your weight loss :carrot:

Rennie--Nice to meet ya!! Camping was not so relaxing for me. It was a lot of work and I used to have a 35 ft 5th wheel with 3 slide outs with all the bells and whistles. We had it parked in a campground in Gettysburg PA and while it was nice to get away every other weekend or so, the upkeep was getting a little tiring. Instead of getting away to relax, we were always washing it (it was under a lot of trees) and doing repairs. When the snake decided to visit us, we decided to sell it!

Pinky--What's the countdown for WDW? I guess you are getting excited.

Sue--I see you have changed your avatar to "Bikerchick" Love it!!

Sassy--I'm happy to hear the positive note to your voice. I'm trying to keep the "glass is half full" attitiude with my workplace. They are building a new parking garage at the hospital and we all have to park off site. The place that I have to park is totally out of my way. But I figure when the bad weather hits with snow, rain and sleet, I'll be getting picked up steps away from my car in a shuttle that will drop me off at the front entrance to the hospital. I'll be loving it then.

Marti--Never got into Harry Potter. That flower you posted was beautiful. Thanks for the help with posting attachments. I couldn't find it at first because I was always doing a "quick reply" when I posted and there was no way to attach a pic there. Have fun on your vacation!

Cristina--I hear ya about Wally World. I have a love/hate relationship with that place.

Well, it's not a happy place today in my household. There will not be an engagement party today. My dh's ex-fiance decided to break off the engagement two days ago. He is very controlling and manipulative and got mad at my dd for sending a text message to another male friend. Did I also mention that he is overly jealous? My dd made him call everyone on the invitation list to cancel considering it was his idea to break the engagement. Then he had the nerve to come and collect her ring 1 hr before she was to go to work. Poor thing was devastated. Now she says that they are going to try counseling. I wish she would just let the whole thing go. I told her that there would not be another engagement party (at least with him) and that I wouldn't trust that, even if they got back together, he would ever follow thru with a wedding. I could go on and one....

Now I have to figure out what to do with a bunch of crab and shrimp. I was looking up recipies for a Seafood Linguine (sp) and tomorrow I'm going to a pool party with my dancing friends and will take some crab dip and the desserts that I already made and froze. I'm kinda beside myself today...thought I would be knee deep in party prep but I think I might make a pillow for my blue chair in the living room with the left over curtain material. I'm also wondering about a table runner. Do you think that will be too much having the runner on the table??

The weather here is finally beautiful in the mid 80's so I will take the dogs on several walks today, get some laundry done and try to relax. Hope you all enjoyed the pics I posted. Have a wonderful weekend! Despite the setback, I plan to!

FrouFrou
08-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Howdy ladies!

TAMMY...I am so sorry to hear about the break-up. But I think from what you said it may be best. We can't tell the kids what to do or how to live their lives, there's some things they have to learn on their own. I can totally understand you wanting her to just call it quits but being in love as she is I know it would be hard to just walk away. Nothing is ever easy is it. I hope for her sake that counseling will help the fiance/ex. Sounds like hes the one that needs to go and not her. I hope it all works out in the end. Lots of hugs to her and you. :hug: :hug: :hug: Oh, almost forgot...love, love, love your house! It's so pretty! I have to ask what color is that in the living room and dining room? It looks like the gold/yellow color we are going to paint the hallway, a living room wall and downstairs family room. I love those colors!

MINDEE...you are welcome! I thought that was a very inspirational e-mail, kind of sad though. Woohoo to little Miss Marissa for the two toofies! I still can't believe how big the kids are getting already!

SUE...good job on the biking! I love to watch the birds too! Just don't like the mess they leave, lol. With these ponds so close to the house we get the geese and some ducks wandering around sometimes. They were in the neighbors yard yesterday eating their weeds, lol. Love my Jeopardy!

Hiya everyone else :wave:

Went to the park this early, morning and did my usual 3 miles. Had a couple of errands to run and home for the day. Supposed to be H-O-T today! So staying in and doing some cleaning and much needed/wanted reading.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful weekend! See ya Monday :wave:

Sassy_Chick
08-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Hi Gals. :wave:

Well I'm still keeping positive, even though yesterday I was in a bit of a "blue" mood, but I got over it. That is the important part, right? ;)

Also we're getting new next door neighbors. I honestly didn't even know that the old ones had left! lol. I just hope they are quiet, because our building is very quiet as of now and we like it that way. lol. But have to think positive! :D

I stripped the bed yesterday, washed all the linens, remade the bed and cleaned the kitchen up. Tonight I am going to clean the bathroom and then do a bit of laundry so I have clothes for work on Monday. That way I should be able to do next to nothing tomorrow and be able to relax a bit before going back to work. :p It seems like I've been off forever since I'm now off 4 nights instead of only 3! lol. But I did get some things accomplished at least and yes sleep was one of them. lol. :)

Well I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

suetalks
08-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Woohoo...Did 3 more miles for 6 today. Also did 1 mile WATP and 5 minutes on the stepper.
Tomorrow I am shooting for the 2 mile WATP. I would say I am shooting for a longer mini stepper work out, but for some reason that thing makes the front of my thighs ache, so I don't want to do over 5 min. at a time until I get more used to it. I'm a little worried about it harming my already bad knees.
I did have the popcorn earlier...and it was good. Now I have that out of my system.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

sz2atheart
08-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Cristina--The wall color is Benjamin Moore--Desert Tan. It is a really nice gold color. I have so much beige in my house. It was hard to find a gold color that didn't look so yellow. Thanks for asking.

tommysgirl18
08-12-2007, 03:34 AM
hello ladies....just a fly by post from me for right now. We have tons of great pictures from Saturday. I will get them downloaded on here, and then I will post one or a couple from the festivities.

Every thing went great! Well, except for one of the godparents showing up late because she left late. (the same girl that we just talked about that called me a b****) After it was all over with at my mom's and we were getting ready to go to the restaurant, she comes up to me and says "I am just going to head home. I don't have the money to go out and get some food." I said "well, you are coming over to our place tonight so we can get pictures of the kids with their godparents." She said "yeah, just give me a call." So, after all was said and done, when we were leaving up north to head back down here, I gave her a call to let her know when we would be home, but she never answered, so I left her a message. Well, I ended up calling her again when we were about 45 minutes or so away from our house, and she never answered again, so I left her another message and told her that we would be home around 7:30pm and to meet us over at our place. She then calls me back and says "I don't have the gas to get over there other wise I would come over." Mind you, she went to the gas station before she came up north, hence why she was late! She claims she only put 3/4 of a tank of gas into her Saturn Vue (which is better on gas mileage then our van is) and that she never did over 70 miles per hour on the way up there, which she flat out lied about because she stood on my parents back porch and told every one that she did 80 just to get up there within an hour of the time it was set for! So, needless to say, we are not very happy with her again. She couldn't come over to our place but she sure had enough gas to get to her boyfriend's mom's house without any problems! At least she made it to the dedications, but then again she really didn't have a choice, she knew that we would be pissed and would be really mad at her.

Tammy~ I love the before and after pictures! You have a great house! I love how the new colors pop!

Cristina~ I agree....it was an inspirational email, but it was also sad at the same time.

jules1216
08-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Hey All!! Sorry I have been around for awhile--all kinds off stuff going on....

Computer: has had it's moments

Work: the lady who talked ALL the time retired the end of June and I had several other people on vacations at the same time--one went to SC to visit the grandkids and ended up staying for three weeks working on a rental that was trashed. I finally got a replacement for the lady that retired though one of the applicants is now mad at me for not picking her!! I don't know what I would do if not for my friend who drives a bus but works more time for me in the summer and another lady who retired but comes in to help me and at 77 works rings around most younger people. So needless to say I have been a little stressed.

Ryan: has moved temporarily in with his sister. The building he lived in has been rezoned as commercial and will be converted to office space. We moved most of the stuff on last Sunday and finished up on Monday evening and Tuesday. He went job hunting on Thursday and had three interviews scheduled, Friday he had two job offers and the third interview is Monday which he is going to call and cancel since the other two are offering 40 hours. Alicia has moved back to her grandmothers and is starting community college. I am not sure what they are doing--they are on some kind of break since neither one wants to be the one to say it is over.

Teri: is having a BOY! I thought she was going to cry when they told her. She started out really wanting a boy but then changed and decided she wanted a girl. She's okay now though especially after buying a Steelers onesie. She is 5 months along and has only gained 5 pounds though she is getting a cute little belly. Her boyfriend is still a jerk that can't keep a job and wants to go drink with his friends all the time. He threw a temper tantrum before Ry moved in and grabbed Teri's arm hard enough to put bruises on her. He left and unfortunately she took him back. I feel safer with Ry there and Ry has already told him if he touches his sister again there will be consequences. Ryan really liked Dave but is beginning to see that he may not be as nice as he seemed.
Edit: Teri starts back to Community College at the end of the month--4 classes-Accounting 101, Public Speaking, English 102 & whatever they are calling keyboarding now. She also got a job at the local Prime Outlets at a store called the Childrens Place that sells kids clothes up to 4T.

Diet: All the stressed has not been good and I have gained--I need to get back on track!!

Hubby--it's okay, he still gets jealous if I do too much with the kids.

Well, enough about me!! I will start posting again from here!

suetalks
08-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Good morning everyone.
Jules.. :wave: Nice to see you. Wow, you sure have been involved in some intrigue. Work wise, sounds like you are keeping it all under control. Family wise, Do we ever have it all under control? ha. I am pleased to hear that you are having a grandson...how cool. I bet Teri will pop out with a tummy and gain weight soon. Glad Ryan is there to keep an eye on her. It sounds like she needs a protector and brothers are good ones. Too bad her BF is not treating her better. We can't say who our kids will end up with, but I know my DDs both kissed some toads before they got the princes. There is hope.

Mindee- Sounds like you also had a few rough patches over the week-end. I am glad the dedication went well and hope things smooth out with the godmother. I think I would be a little upset also.

Sassy- I hope your new neighbors are friendly and quiet. :) Our old neighbor in Vegas e-mailed me and wanted us back. He said the new owners are not sociable with any of the others. I hate that because everyone was so friendly toward us there. BUT, I am glad to be out of there.

Tammy- I was so busy telling you that I love your house I forgot to say how sorry I am about your DD and the engagement. That is too bad, but maybe not if you don't care for him. See what I told Jules about my DDs.

A nice quiet morning here today. It was only 69* and shady when I got up. My day to skip the morning ride, but of course it was cooler, so I rode. Just 2 miles however. I have done a load of laundry and read the papers and that is about it so far.
You know I will be back later......*talk,talk,talk*

jules1216
08-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Sue--the two kids have their moments but they are very loyal to each other and always there for the other.

We are clearing a spot on our property to set up our old pop-up camper. Hubby is going to build a lean to over it so the canvas doesnt get soaked. He's getting plans to build a picnic table and is going to run electric from his pole barn. My arms are tired from clipping the saplings!!

Marti
08-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Don't post here.....we're full...

Head on over to # 263.