Carb Counters - Sort of a Weekly Chat, 8/6-8/12

View Full Version : Sort of a Weekly Chat, 8/6-8/12

Bouncing
08-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Good morning! It IS still morning here in California. And a glorious morning it is, too. I sit here at my desk looking out over Boggs Forest, in the morning sunshine. Fabulous.

I was starving on Saturday and Sunday, for some reason. This is the first time this has happened in almost 3 mos. of Atkins. There must have been a reason. So I took some advice I've read here recently, and fed the hunger, so I wouldn't spin out of control later. I wasn't awful, or anything, but I did break Induction: I had 25g carbohydrates, 1800 calories, followed by 22g/1660cal yesterday. I suspect this may have to do with my increased exercise and a simple need for calories. I've been averaging 16g/1400cal up to now.

During my hungry weekend I made the crustless quiche out of the Atkins book (yum, and extremely filling), and a pkg of low-carb honey-bran muffins (11g carb/7g fiber ea) and had two of them last night and one for breakfast this morning.

I don't do well when I'm fighting hunger, so I want to avoid that. I'm thinking that it may be time for OWL. Not a huge increase in carbs, or anything, just make sure I get 1500-1600 cal/day and maybe 20-25g carb. I have not worried about being under 20g, and maybe it's time to be a little more generous with myself, and aim for at least 20g and no more than 25, until I see what happens. And those muffins were so good, I think I'll experiment with low-carb breadlike things too (carb-smart tortillas come to mind -- wraps, yum!).

I'm a little scared to be fooling with what so far has been successful, but I think I'm not eating enough to stave off real hunger. What's been y'all's experience with this?

aud
08-06-2007, 01:09 PM
))))Bumping up Bouncing(((((((

We made a Chat Thread at the same time!

Tried to get mine to delete and screwed it up royally.

Be back in a second . . .

chickadee315
08-06-2007, 01:15 PM
good morning - so far i had an egg, 1/2 a cup of coffee w 1/2 & 1/2 and a low carb yogurt, lunch i having am leftovers from last night - about 14 carbs total.

I am just so frustrated that i cant weigh myself! its overtaking me! well not really but its annoying that i have to wait another wk.

I am so addicted to fage yogurt its not even funny - so i am thinking i should avoid it for a few days...until i know i am back on ketosis - how many grams of carbs does it take to remain in ketosis anyone know? i heard it was under 90

aud
08-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Sorry for the confusion All . . . could't find a way to delete the other Thread so asked a Mod to do it.:o:dizzy:

aud
08-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Soooooo, made myself some IMPROVED Revolution Rolls from Linda's LowCarb site - didn't have the right ingredients but just devoured instead of eating bread! w00t! Called for sour cream but I had to liquify some cream cheese instead and called for them to be baked on parchment paper and all I had was aluminum foil.

Soooooooo, they were kind of flat and also stuck to the foil - BUT- did the job nicely of allowing me to have a "sandwich" etc. Have more and more eggs on my grocery list (lots of whites in this recipe) and also p. paper, 'cause I'll definitely make these again.

Sooooooooo, went to a farmers market and have some Induction friendly fresh veggies on hand for the week - also going to make it a point to get more chicken 'n fish into the menu's. Fallen into a red-meat-rut, I think?

How is everyone doing?

Got a lot of water in here over the weekend - just SWELTERING here in MO . . . no exercise to speak of (except cleaning the garage) but have stayed OP and ready to w/i tonight. Our hours have been moved up an hour so must start getting ready. DID get to see HP Order of Phoenix now that I finished Book 5 and really enjoyed. On a waiting list for #6.

Ready for a Great OP WEEK?????

Puncezilla
08-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Bouncing, I have a few days when I'm realy hungry to, You did great keeping your carbs low on those days, and you should definately feed the hunger and not worry about the calories.

Mornin' Aud, way to confuse us all with the extra thread, ha.. ha..

I am going to be out of town for three weeks so I dont know if I'll be able to check in, Just so you know I havent deserted you. I'll be with you in spirit, if not in person.

aud
08-06-2007, 02:49 PM
awwww, puncieZ, TRY to check in! Is it a Good Trip or a Bad Trip? We'll miss ya!

I recommend the Improved Revolution Rolls btw - got my ingredients in to try them again the RIGHT way! Really filled the bread urge I had - the only carbs are in the sour cream.

I've made a vow that when I'm hungry to EAT and to EAT OP, bouncing - I think my carbs are staying right at 20 - gonna w/i tonight to see how I've done - I'm thinking this helps me from getting the "deprived" feeling and also staves off the OVEReating bug that I suffer from. I feel amazing right now.

Not sure what "fage" yogurt even is, chickadee. I was addicted to Blue Bunny "Carb Freedom" yogurts - then they changed the name to "Sweet Freedom" (BOTH with 3-4 carbs) - NOW all I can find is Blue Bunny "No Sugar Added" - with about 18 grams per lil cup!:mad:

No yogurt for me until I find a replacement.:(

LC yogurt has never stalled me.

lilybelle
08-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Hi everyone, it looks like everyone is doing good with the low-carb eating.

I have been very busy writing my book. I'm now on Chapter 7 and it's coming along awesome. I'm having difficulty sleeping, my head keeps spinning with things I need to get down on paper. This book sure brings up a lot of sad memories for me , so that may be what is making my sleep so scattered. I have known for a long time what I wanted to write, but the timeline is now falling nicely into place. It will be easy now for the reader to follow. Anyway, I'll keep my finger crossed that I get it finished and published.

Of course,my kids are missing out on time on MySpace, but they'll get over it. I'm on the computer constantly with all my writing. LOL.

My exercise is lacking, unless you count hrs. of typing and the frequent trips to the kitchen for more coffee. I'm actually forgetting to eat until the hunger pangs start. I just hope my butt doesn't broaden to fit this computer chair. LOL.

This morning, I did make it outside to water my garden. It seems to be handling my neglect quite well. I cleaned my kitchen and living room and started the laundry.

I'll head off now to write some more on my book. Wish me luck everyone.

Bouncing
08-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Luck, Lily! I'm writing a book too. I'm trying to put in 1k words/day. Mine is fiction, tho.

chickadee315
08-06-2007, 05:17 PM
fage is greek strained yogurt - its more like a thick sour cream consitency - its yum - about 5 or 6 grams per cup also 300 cals and like 18 gr fat.

ill have to try the revolution rolls but i am trying to avoid as many subs as i can right now and really stick to my 20g - are the rolls induction friendly?

lilybelle
08-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Thanks Bouncing, good luck on your book too.

aud
08-07-2007, 04:34 AM
WOW! Writing books? Right ON! lilyb & bouncing!:) What an endeavor!

The only carbs in the rolls is whatever the sour cream has - they're made out of stiff egg whites/cream of tartar with yolk & sour cream folded into the whites and then baked like a cream puff, chickadee. Not real good with linx - but will look up tomorrow . . . (after coffee!:^:)

I'm just popping in with good news - lost another couple of lbs over the weekend!:carrot:

I'm thinking its something in the Rolls?;)

beach bum
08-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by beach bum View Post
Hi Ladies

I don't know how to tell you this but here goes,I just want to let you know that I'm going off of the Atkins diet for a while.I'm not losing any more no matter how low I keep my carbs or calories.The stalling & gaining is not fun anymore.
Have to move that ticker downward.Well post and let you ladies know how I doing.

Hugs BB

Hi Ladies

I see lots of new names since I was here a month a go. Just wanted to let you know,I still low carbing but not on the Atkins plan. I lost 3 lbs in the month of July.But for the month of Aug I having a big challenge ahead by going on a cruise[food] to Nova Scotia and than going down to NY to visit with my DD and family.

I have been sick with this thing called Trunal Hyperhidrosis a profuse sweating in my body. The doctor gave me pills to stop the sweating as I losing my electro lites.It has something to do with the sympathic nerve that controls the sweat glands is going bonkers.

Hope you all doing well with this WOE and exercising.

Will post soon and let you know how I doing diet wise and health wise

Hugs BB

Bouncing
08-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Good mornhing all, another glorious day here on the edge of the forest. I tweaked my back last night, not sure what's going on, you know the owie-pulling feeling you get when a major joint needs to crack? (e.g. hip) It's like that, left side, juuuuust above my butt. It's not awful or anything, it only draws sttention to itself when I stretch that muscle somehow, but I don't know if I should work out today. I'm going to go to the gym and ask the local experts (owner is a chiropractor, office attached to the gym, his mom is a body builder and manages the gym). I don't want to miss a day unless they advise me to. Funny, I've gone from hating exercise to loving how it makes me feel -- not to mention what it does to the color of those stix!

Got a call from my dr. office to go in for a lipo blood panel. After 3 mos. on Atkins, I can hardly wait to find out what changes, if any, have taken place. It seems like different people's bodies react differently. I hope I'm one of the majority whose numbers get inexplicably better in spite of the increased dietary fat. Seems likely.

I'm hereby officially joining the Legion of Scale Complainers. Mine is digital. They're supposed to be more accurate, but mine shows a 6-lb difference depending upon what tortured position I stand in... so I have started weighing myself on the more accurate (not to mention consistent) scale at the gym on Saturdays. It's a move-the-weights one like they have in the dr. offic). Of course I'm weariing gym clothes and shoes, so I'm about 5 lbs,. heavier there, but the loss shown will at least be accurate. I decided I don't care if everybody sees me -- it's not like being a closeted fat lady works! If nobody sees the number on the scale, they'll never guess I'm fat. Besides, any shred of fat-education I can spread around, the better, no? Blow up those misconceptions wherever possible, girls! Yep, I'm fat, here's exactly how fat, and here's what I'm doing about it. Watch me, and see if it works.

chickadee315
08-07-2007, 12:53 PM
well good morning - i guess- its going to be a long day - hoping to go to the gym tonight but i have a lingering feeling it wont happen....
did a bit of abs and arms last night but am not feeling it at all so i dont think i worked as hard as i could have. i have yet to weigh myself - which sucks becasue i dont know how off track the wkend took me - or if it even did at all.
I am having the worst time motivating myslef to workout - i used to be so good at going to the gym - now i am just a lazy *** :( as least i am eating well....

Azure
08-07-2007, 01:00 PM
I just wanted to check in with you ladies :) I did great over the weekend, in spite of a raging cold and feeling really crappy. Yesterday, I had way too many sugar alcohols. I made Sheila's Atkins-friendly "pancakes" (they are SUPER good, by the by) yesterday morning and decided to use some sugar-free syrup on top. The syrup's good--but loaded with sugar alcohols. Then yesterday late afternoon, I was out and forgot to pack food before my class last night and I grabbed an Atkins bar (with--you guessed it--sugar alcohols). And because I'm sick and coughing up a storm, I was sucking on sugar-free mints during my whole class (MORE sugar alcohols).

Let me put it this way: I felt like someone had stuck a hose in my mouth and filled me with air. I was SUPER bloated, gassy and had to make frequent trips to the bathroom all night. I've learned my lesson. Sugar alcohols = BAD NEWS. Today I'm back to feeling mostly normal, but I'm going to stay FAR away from sugar alcohols in the future...SO not worth it. I now see why Atkins says to stay away from them!

As for today, I'm on track so far. My lofty exercise goals haven't been met so far this month... Between getting sick and working as a waitress (on my feet walking around for 9 hours/day) Friday-Sunday, I haven't had the inclination. Classes will be DONE with next week on Thursday, so I'm hoping I can maybe kick things into gear before I go back to school on September 2.

At least at school, I have a gym at my disposal. I'm a short walk away from my on-campus gym and I really like being able to go there, to take cardio kickboxing classes...and just have a place to get exercising DONE. I'm going to have a super busy semester...and I'm already stressed about it. But, I guess I'm just going to have to breathe and get ready... As I've said before, stress tends to trigger binge eating in me, so I'm going to have to prepare to deal with it in other ways.

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing great (and staying away from sugar alcohols!) ;)

--Azure

aud
08-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Hiya beachieB!:hug: Sorry that you're having that sweating problem!:( I'm in a constant hot flash pool of perspiration so can somewhat relate. It's sweltering here in MO to boot. Good Luck and Bon Voyage to Nova Scotia- WOW!:)

Bouncing-you are SO inspiring! (And funny too!:D) I w/i in the evening fully clothed (shoes off) - which is different from the rest of the world - like most things night shift - but yeah, you're right I think, it shows the trend be it up or down if consistent. I w/i at the gym at work and it's a Dr. scale with the moveable thingies.

LOL Cantaloupe Hedge lilyb!:D:dizzy: Next Garden Craze?

Congrats to azure! I was crappy sick at the beginning of last week and went OP - sugar alcoholing would have been a better choice I think. IA tho' that they leave you feeling YUCK - but not as bad as off OP'ing in the long run.

Forgot to look up the Rev. Rolls link chickadee . . . (BTW, you "sound" kind of down - :( - hope everything is going good for ya?)

brb

aud
08-07-2007, 03:12 PM
oooops, no wonder it was so hard to find . . . not on linda's low carb but over @ lowcarbeating.com instead . . . I've got the parchment paper & sour cream on hand now - so look forward to making these the "right way" -

http://70.84.16.198/low-carb-diet-support/showthread.php?t=17486

chickadee315
08-07-2007, 05:52 PM
well i was going to be wokring a 10 hr day with a 3 hr roundtrip commute but luckily its only going to ba 9 hr day and 1.5 hr commute home....

I have been eating a low carb bar daily becasue i have been so busy and they are a good snack - or so i hope but they of course bloat me like crazy....
and since i dont currently have a working scale....i am just hoping no damage is being done and i am still losing....

we will see this wkend - since im going to buy a new one - and am going to make some cream cheese muffins - they sound like mini cheescakes and might be a good am alternative to eggs since i am getting pretty tired of them

chickadee315
08-07-2007, 05:54 PM
ps thanks for the link!

lilybelle
08-08-2007, 09:20 AM
Hi everyone, it's still about 100 degrees here and school starts back tomorrow. Wow, this summer has gone fast.

I worked in my garden 2 hrs. yesterday in the sweltering heat. Then, I got all my bills paid. Cooked a nice dinner, did a bunch of laundry and wrote another full chapter on my book. It was such a productive day.

I used to always try to do everything myself but last night I delegated chores to the kids and DH and freed up extra time for myself. Yippee. It worked great and I need to do it more often, definitely.

I was sad last night. My pumpkin vines are growing everywhere outside the patch I put them in . So, I tried to move a vine and place it back in the patch so DH could weed-eat around my garden. My biggest pumpkin fell off the vine. It was about 4 lbs. and not ready to use yet. Dang it, I should have left it well enough alone, but I wanted my garden all neat and trimmed. Grrrrrrrrr.

Aud, later I'll post a pic here of my "cantaloupe hedge", LOL.

Aud, my son wil be up your way this weekend. He'll be at Ft. Leonardwood MO , they are issuing them a bunch of new equipment before they get deployed.

chickadee315
08-08-2007, 10:57 AM
morning - well i am still at about the same weight accoding to my non digital scale - which is disapoointing - it isnt terribly accurate so i dont know for sure but i guess i have just been too lenient regarding what i can eat- i think that fage/lc yogurt might have to go bye bye as well as as the bars i have been eating - they are out and i am back to hard core induction foods.....
hopefully i see a significant loss next wk - of course i think i need to put in more exercise....

which brings me to a question - weights or cardio? i know cardio is good for burning fat/heart health but i hate to do it - so i usually walk about 30 minutes during my lunch - im hoping that is sufficient for the time being becasue i would much rather do weights....i wonder which is better???

aud
08-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Reminds me of a Pumpkin-Tastrophe I had a few years back (SEVERAL years now that I realize "Baby" Molly will be 21 in a couple of weeks *sniffle*gasp*;)) Grew her own Pumpkin in kindergarten to decorate for the Fall Fest - in my tidy garden haste - same thing happened, lilyb!:(:o Moll was checking this sucker sometimes 2-3 times a day - soooooooooo . . . I had to get various stages of Pumpkins and I tied to the vine with same color bread ties for about 3 weeks . . . the nite b4 the Big Event - went out and bought The Great Pumpkin and set it out in the Patch - neat memory of my Lil Red Head - eyes wide as saucers when she "picked it!":) Thinking of your son today - Ft. Leonardwood the site of many a deployment. Friend at work is at, I believe, Ft. Hood in Tx . . . very hot there as well to do all the readiness training.:(

I've lost weight on Atkins doing NO exercise/SOME exercise and LOTS of exercise, chickaD. I've lost the most when adding weights - think it kicks up my menopausal metabolism. I also lost weight (my most after the 9 yr old "Baby") using low carb shakes as meal replacements but NOT the Atkins brand - used "EAS" and watched for "Total" carbs and not net.

"Net" carbs are my personal enemy for stalls.:mad::dizzy:

Azure
08-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Chickadee-- According to many of the people I've read/listened to in the fitness industry, weights will do you more good than cardio for weight loss. Weights add muscle--which burns more calories all day. And lifting heavy causes you to bump your metabolism up all day long, whereas cardio only burns calories while you're doing it but has no effect on fat burning for the rest of the day. I would emphasize lifting heavy, though--lifting pink dumbells probably won't help you much ;)

I started lifting 10 then 15 then 20 pound dumbells--and I need to start lifting again. I've gotten lazy!

chickadee315
08-08-2007, 01:21 PM
hey thanks - i would much rather do weights anyway!

lilybelle
08-08-2007, 11:18 PM
aud, that's such a cute story about your daughter's pumpkin. I would never have dreamed they could break off the big , thick vine that easily. But, alas they do.

Tonite I went out to water my garden and ran back in and told my son there was a pile of "snake eggs" by my garden. He ran out to take a look and literally cracked up laughing. He said "mom those aren't snake eggs, they are rabbit poop". LOL. He even called DH so he could laugh at me too. LOL. I'm glad I was such a great source of entertainment for them.

I'm heading now to Chapter 8 on my book and I'm finally to my wt. loss journey. I've got all my journal stuff beside me for easy reference. It sure brings up the memories of my starting Atkins.

aud
08-09-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm really missing the gym - even tho' its close by too, azure - just have not been able to GET THERE so far this week. What are you studying?

Already on CH 8, lily? I used to journal and slowly got out of the habit. I have my Mom's journals and letters between her & Dad during WWII that I treasure - it's becoming a "lost art."

I'm still OP - just not getting the exercise in - but OY its sooo freakin' HOT here with no end in sight.

lilybelle
08-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Aud, I stayed up all night last night working on my book. I'm now on chapter 13. The words kept flowing and I kept typing. Some days, I find that I can't concentrate on it. The days that I am "in the groove" for writing, it goes really quickly and I get a lot accomplished. As long as my head is spinning and I've got my dear coffee brewing, I'll type all night and go with the flow.

Tonite, I'm off to Karaoke club to relax and have fun.

Oh dear, my wt. was back up a few lbs. this morning. I'm thinking it had to be from eating tacos last night and spending too many hrs. with my butt planted in this here chair. I'm off now to walk on my treadmill, It's too hot to walk outside.

My DD and SD started back to school today. They sprayed so much hairspray and perfume this morning that my house now smells like a bordello. LOL

Azure
08-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Aud-- My major is "English Literature and Criticism" :) I'll be graduating with my Bachelors in the Spring (Magna Cum Laude if I keep up my A's :D ) and I'll be headed to Grad School the following fall! I've already looked over my schedule for the fall, and I'm planning on getting up in the morning to go to the gym--I find that I feel better if I just "get it OVER with" in the morning ;) I took Cardio Kickboxing classes last year, and I'll probably do those again this year--they were fun!

I've been doing really well the last few days as far as my diet goes--I'm seeing a downward turn on my scale again. 153 this morning :) I just want to be in the 140's already!

aud
08-09-2007, 01:35 PM
How exciting azure . . . my bf in high school went the academic rte in English and has had many an adventure throughout her career that I've lived vicariously thru ----from the blue collar route I ended up "choosing."

My fave story is when she was the sponsor at a Catholic High School Girls Club that took a 10 day trip to England. One of the girls kept being AWOL from the tours/activities - Deb finally had Hotel Security open the Hotel Room door (the roommate girls were acting like they had lost their key/acting odd etc) -------- lo and behold, the poor thing was in the bed DELIVERING A BABY ALONE!!!!

No one had suspected she was pregnant . . . and the trials/tribulations of not being the legal guardian of the teenager and the bureacracy involved in getting Baby a PASSPORT and things in place with the Embassy for (she had a boy) him to have things in place to be an American citizen is quite a tale in itself . . . .

Deb recently made a career move to teach at the small town we are both from - after years on the "fast track" - ready to just get out of the "city" and chill.

So many options for you azure - so excited for ya!:hug:

chickadee315
08-09-2007, 04:28 PM
hey all - had taco salad at lunch today - yum - no rice or chips though - had a fe black beans but for the most part i think i am still under 20g.

tonight i am going to the gym - i am making myslef workout - even if its just 10 minutes!!! seriously if i want to be in a bikini in time for my vacation - 3.5 months out i really better start toning up - and losing pounds!!!!

why does it feel like it takes forever to lose the weight but overnight to gain it?? :)

Azure
08-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks, Aud! :hug: That does sound adventuresome! What a crazy story!

It's hot here, too, Aud...I'm longing for Autumn (it's my favorite season!). Of course, once the snow flies, I'll be thinking wistfully of warm weather. You said you're missing the gym--anything in particular that you're missing? I used to be an elliptical-lover myself...and right before I left last semester I started getting into free weights and lifting. Then there are the classes, which are a blast :D I mostly miss having a place that is all about exercise to go to.

Chickadee-- Good for you, forcing yourself to exercise! I need to take a page out of your book, girl. I hear you about feeling like it takes forever to lose and no time at all to gain. It's just easier to stuff ourselves with delicious food than it is to go to the gym and workout and watch what we eat all the time ;) We don't EVER count the days when we're stuffing ourselves and NOT on a diet--but we sure count the days that we're on one!

aud
08-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Should we send a Search Party into the Boggs Forest to look for Bouncing????:dizzy: How'd your week go girl??

I'm just missing the added time for ME - and the uplift doing the circuit gives me azure. This week has just been too crazy to make it there - but determined to go tonight and just LET GO that I haven't made it all week, ya know.

Me and lilyb! One "animal adventure" after another!:hug: LOL to the rabbit pooping snake eggs!:D The dog bite I sustained yesterday has finally quit throbbing - no word from the vet whether the dayung thing has rabies. Just another Day In The Life!:dizzy:

Going to w/i tonite - wish me luck!

chickadee315
08-10-2007, 03:51 PM
good luck aud!!

lilybelle
08-10-2007, 10:18 PM
aud, your story about the Catholic girl having the baby in the bed alone reminded me alot of my SD. Since she never admitted she was pregnant until we forced her to go to the Dr. at 7 months pg., I was afraid that was what would happen to her.

aud, so sorry about the dog bite. I've had one before and it hurts. What really hurt is it was my own damn dog. He had tried to jump the fence and got his back legs caught, I saw it happen and went to help him. He was scared and in pain and bit the crap out of me. I didn't have to worry about rabies though since I knew he'd had all his shots, that would be dang scary.

I got the strangest phone call today for my DH's XW. I explained that she has not been married to my DH for 11 yrs. They asked where they could locate her and I asked "can you tell me what this is in reference to?" They told me that she had "won a prize and they had a Large Sum of money to award her". Then they asked if she had children and I explained that all the girls are grown and the only "minor" child lives with us. I then gave them her number figuring I'd be nice. (although I hate the B) Anyway, turns out she hadn't won a darn thing, they were looking for her because the house she had foreclosed on last yr. had been sold for much less than what it was sold at Sheriff's Auction. She owes them $37,000.00. LOL, she was furious that I had given them her number (her work phone number at that) . OMG, revenge on that B is so sweet. Now they can garnish her wages. LOL. I'm such a B that I amaze myself sometimes. LOL, this kind of helps a little since wer'e raising her youngest DD and she is still having my DH's childsupport still being withheld from his paychecks. LOL.

I have to admit that the Collections lady was pretty damn smart to get her number from me, saying it was to award a prize. LOL. BTW, when she called DH tonite throwing a hissy fit, he literally dropped to his knees laughing. She thought she could hide. ROFLMAO

aud
08-11-2007, 03:29 AM
Ooooo . . . I've heard of the "You've won a prize to catch a criminal" thing lilyb - but never have known anyone that got caught in it!!! Ahhhhh . . . *thinking of the JOY I would feel should I be able to return even some of the pain I've endured with my ex and his miser "new wife" who happens to be an older RICH *ITCH--for the emotional damage caused to my BelovedEldest DD:mad: . . . * Fantasy Over - Moooooving On! Tx for the moment lily - GOOD JOB!!! This is DEFINITELY one for the Book!:) Was the pregger SD the one living with you now or an older SD? Hope Baby was well - the little boy I told you about is basically being raised by Grandparents and is doing great.

As is my dog bite - so far so good - no sign of Rabid-Aud!:dizzy:

Tx for the wish chickadee - down 2lbs and gonna kick it up a notch over the weekend despite the heat!:carrot:

lilybelle
08-11-2007, 06:04 PM
aud, I'll probably go to **** for the sweet revenge I got, LOL.

The SD that is living with me is the 15 yr. old, so she's the youngest. The one that was denying she was pregnant was the oldest (24 yrs. old) and it was her THIRD pregnancy. So, she knew damn well she was pregnant and just thought the rest of us were too stupid to see it. I really don't know what she had planned to do with the baby, but she has the baby now and she and the baby are living with my MIL. She really has mental problems, she denied her second pregnancy for 6 months. Her DH has already gotten custody of the other 2 kiddos and before long, he'll probably have custody of this one too. (That's if it's even his, cause it sure don't look like the other kids).

Well, I've made the decision to try Atkins again. I started induction today. I have 4 extra lbs. on me right now that don't seem to want to come off. I hope this works well for me again. Wish me luck. (I had dropped to eating only 1200 cal's a day, felt like I was literally starving, and still couldn't take these 4 lbs. off).

So far today I've eaten:

BF: 2 slices of turkey bacon and 2 eggs scrambled
lunch: large salad with ham, eggs, cheese and ranch dressing
dinner will be : baked chicken breast made with turkey bacon, dry ranch dressing and cheddar cheese, plus a large serving of green beans sauteed in olive oil.

It's been so long since I've done Atkins that I can't remember what I should eat. I hope this is OK. Any advice would be appreciated.

chickadee315
08-11-2007, 09:37 PM
hey all i have been eating under 20g for the past few days or maybe 30g but ill tell you that i have been getting it from meat and fats....oops!

Azure
08-11-2007, 09:57 PM
hey all i have been eating under 20g for the past few days or maybe 30g but ill tell you that i have been getting it from meat and fats....oops!

In general, meat and fats don't have carbs at all (unless the meat is some sort of lunch meat or sausage, etc, that has been processed)--and I'd say a good portion of the Atkins induction food comes from meats/fat. If it's not veggies, eggs or cheese, it's meats and fats ;) Meats and fats aren't an oops at all! They're totally on plan as far as Atkins Induction goes.

Bouncing
08-12-2007, 01:50 AM
Here I am! Here I am! Thanks for asking, aud!

Well, I said at the end of last week (I think) that I was going to move off Induction to OWL, and keep my carbs at 25-30g and my cals 1500-1600. Weeeelllll, I was all over the map with both. One day 2000 cal, one day 40b carbs. Lowest was 750 cal, lowest carb was 10. No cravings, tho, and today I got on the scale at the gym (sat. is my day) and I've dropped 4 more pounds! Let's hear it for exercise, huh? I've now lost 32 lbs since May 16. I don't expect this 4 lbs/week thing to continue. I think my body is just in shock from actually sweating. But I'm real happy to find I can eat more carbs, and for 4 days I had strawberries and cream every single day. Num, fruit! The 750-cal day I had a huge stir-fry with chicken (Emeril's asian spice blend is great) for dinner, so I was not exactly deprived. It just worked out that I didn't have my usual coffee with cream, and my other food choices were low cal too (in spite of the strawberries and cream!).

Working out is going well. I only went 4x this week, will try to go 6 times next week. I feel so darned good on Atkins, I'm loving actually sweating for an hour.

I'm doing research for the book, so not writing the last few days. I'm researching monster folklore. Did I mention it's a ghost story? I'm up here on the mountain, and it's really, really dark, nobody around but the bugs and the cat and dog and me...I scared myself one night, and almost called a friend to ask him to come over and stay so the bad things couldn't get me! I didn't call, but when I told him that I almost did, he practically fell on the floor laughing. I am never going to live it down. There goes my tough-broad reputation! :kickcan:

Anybody else going to watch the Perseids tomorrow night?

lilybelle
08-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Bouncing, WTG on the 4lb. , you sure are doing great.

So, yesterday I did my first day of induction. I screwed it up. I didn't remember that my green beans had 4 carbs per half cup. I cooked and ate a whole can of green beans. Dang it, other than that, my carb level would have been great. I ended up with 25 carbs for the day. But, I did skip bread , crackers and the mac-n-cheese that my daughter cooked last night, so I did fairly well.

I can tell already that I need to get a new Atkins book and re-read it. (My SD borrowed mine and never returned it).

My only exercise was going out in 100 degree heat and cleaning my yard where my dang dog had drug out the trash. I also cleaned the house and did tons of laundry. I had planned to use my treadmill, but never got it done.

SunChick
08-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Hi Ladies!! I've been out of touch for a few weeks. It's been really crazy for me the last couple of weeks, so I haven't checked in and of course, I got off track! BUT, my hubby has been out of town for the past week and won't be back until the 18th so I'm using this time to get my head back on straight. Anyway, just wanted to say Hi... glad to see that everyone is doing well.

LeiAn

Bouncing
08-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Lily, Go You! SunChick, welcome back.

I just tried to attach a jpg of the view I keep talking about. I don't know how this works, but here goes. It said it was attached.

Azure
08-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Hey, Shellie! Welcome back to the Atkins-zone ;) I imagine writing a ghost story could get VERY frightening! I for one have a very active imagination (as you must--writing a book) and when it's dark and quiet, I can easily psyche myself up by hearing innocuous noises that somehow sound sinister :D Congrats on the 4lb loss this week! I've been really slacking in the exercise department--Looking forward to September when I've got access to a gym again!

Lilly-- Wow, I remember having I dog that liked to drag trash around. It was usually around the house, though--since he was an indoor dog. It's been years since we had a dog in the house ;) Good times. I like having a copy of the Atkins book around--it's helpful for when I feel like I'm unsure about something, or just for motivational purposes. I guess the thing to keep in mind about a new copy is that the post-Atkins'-death people edited it--so they say it's okay to eat some things (like their bars/shakes) that weren't in the original plan. But I think you knew that :D Welcome back to Induction!

I've been doing really well the last couple of days. No binging urges, and just generally feeling satisfied. I'm stressed, but I'm not hungry--so I guess that's okay.

Hope you ladies have a great new week--I weigh-in next Friday. I'm hoping for a decent number. I want to see the 140's by the end of August!

SunChick
08-12-2007, 06:46 PM
I was wondering about the Atkins ready made shakes in the can. Do they taste good? Are they worth the price? I started to buy some the other day but didn't because I didn't want to spend the money and then not like them.

lilybelle
08-13-2007, 12:13 AM
Azure, our lab. puppy Lucy, is in trouble today. When DH got home from work this morning he found golf balls all over the drive. Yep, lucy had chewed up his golf bag that was under the carport. She stays inside during the day but I put her outside at night and that is when she usually does her mischief crap. LOL, I'm just glad it wasn't something of mine this time. LOL, she's eaten 2 prs. of SD's flip-flops this week, they seem to be her preferred chew toy.

Tonite, I made LC turkey enchiladas and ate mine with a salad and some sour cream. It was yummy. I think I'll try to just stay at 25 carbs a day, since that is what I'm averaging. Since I had already bought this weeks groceries before restarting Atkins, all my cheese, butter, sour cream , salad dressing and such that is available is low-fat, but I'm using it anyway. Maybe this will work for me, keeping both the carbs and the calories lower. I just know that since switching to low-cal. only, I had gotten too free with eating a lot of carbs (esp. bread,rice, potatoes and crackers) but I've quit that now.

It's so hot here it's miserable. We're under a heat advisory. I need to mow my yard again, but it's still over 100 degrees all the way til midnight.

LeiAn, I bought a case of Atkins shakes and couldn't stand the taste of them. Luckily DH liked them and used them.

chickadee315
08-13-2007, 12:06 PM
well - ill tell you bad wkend - first i was eating LC then i just ate too many carbs - i thinkk becasue i finally got a scale and weighed myslef and becasue of those stupid bars i am sure of it and eating to many nuts i gained 3 pounds back - although maybe some of it is period related bloat but i am still soooo mad at myself. if i would have had a scale i would have noticed the upsliding after a day - now a whole wke has gone by - oh and of course after this frustration what do it do? i eat peanut m&ms and indian food for dinner - cuz of course that wont just make it worse.

so i am really unhappy and frustrated at myslef. but today i am back on induction and am going to the gym tonight - i wonder how long it will take for me to get back into ketosis??

So now to huit my goal this month i have to lose 14 pounds instead of 11 which i had hoped would be only 8 by now. Crap! Well maybe i can still lose 11 - i just wont be in the 170's then :(
I am so mad at myself - its so ridicuolous - there is no reason for me to cheat but i did becasue i was mad i gained? that makes no sense.

So i vow as of this moment i am back on induction levels until i get down to at least 160. ANd i am going to workout 4-5 times per wk PERIOD - its non negotitable!