Old 08-06-2007, 10:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Talking **Weekly chat August 6-August 13**

One of the weekly chats hasn't gotten started yet, so I figured I'd start one.

I HAVE BRAGGING RIGHTS:
I busted my plateau - I now weigh 157 and only two more pounds to go until my mini goal! I just had to reduce my calories even more and add new exercise in, though I'm dreading my next plateau; I'm down to 1,200-1,400 calories now, and I'd hate to go lower than 1,200 to lose more weight.

How's everyone doing?
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Nightengale: Awesome job! It must be a great feeling!

I've officially lost 5 pounds in less than 2 weeks! I'm so excited about this progress, and can't wait to lose even more.
Ohhkay8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:15 PM   #3  
NewComer

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Shane and Kayla, congrats! I haven't weighed in yet, I'll do it tomorrow, but I'm hoping the scale is down, cause for about a week it hasn't been moving! Ugh!

I'm setting up my new classroom today! I'm a first-year teacher, and the last teacher left behind TONS of stuff for me to sort through, so I'm a little (ok, WAY) overwhelmed right now. I wish I could just snap my fingers and everything would be in order and decorated!
TxBrittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:21 PM   #4  

Thanks Brittany. It's just a start, but at least it's a start, ya know?

Awesome that you are also in the field of teaching. How exciting to be setting up your very first classroom! I'm going to be so nervous when that time comes. I still have 2 more years in school though, so I have a little while to go. What grade are you teaching?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:34 PM   #5  
NewComer

I'm teaching special education; I'm a resource teacher, so I'm working with kids with learning disabilities in reading/language arts and math. I'll have mostly first and second graders, with one kindergarten student and one third grader. I got to meet most of them back in May and they were great, can't wait to see them again! I'm going to have to get back up there again this week, still so much to do. But I'm still working (nannying) so I think I'm going to have to take the boys I sit for with me. That should be interesting!
Old 08-07-2007, 07:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhkay8 View Post
Nightengale: Awesome job! It must be a great feeling!

I've officially lost 5 pounds in less than 2 weeks! I'm so excited about this progress, and can't wait to lose even more.
Very exciting... you're probably going to lose 10+ pounds this month! Yeeeah rock on!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 177/175/130

Height: 5'4

Ok, newbie here. Anyone care to explain the weekly chats?

My bragging rights for the week: I completed my 2nd week of returning to the gym. (Background story: My mother had a heart attack while driving, and crashed into a traffic light, and house, and has been in the hospital/care center since. It was 3 months ago tomorrow.)
QueenieMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:01 AM   #8  
NewComer

So I've hit a stop, and it's only been 4 weeks. Lost less than a pound in the past 10 days! Super frustrated right now, because I feel like I'm working really hard. Working out 6 days a week, counting my calories, eating healthy foods....ugh. I'm going to Minnesota to visit my parents this weekend, and while I'm sure I won't lose any weight while I'm there, hopefully it will re-energize me and lift my spirits a little. I know I'm impatient, I just can't wait to get to that 10 pound mark!
Old 08-07-2007, 12:01 PM   #9  

Shane: Thanks, I sure hope so!

Queenie: Good job with returning to the gym! Keep it up! I'm so sorry to hear about your mother.

Brittany: I can definitely understand your frustrations. I'm very impatient too, although starting this is beginning to teach me that patience is key. You WILL reach that mark, don't get discouraged!
Old 08-07-2007, 12:36 PM   #10  
NewComer

Queenie: Sorry to hear about your mom, I hope she's doing ok! Congrats on keeping yourself in the gym! It's a constant struggle for me to get there every day, but I always feel better when I do!

Kayla: Thanks for the encouragement. I am so impatient, and need to accept the fact that weight loss is a slooooow process. At least I lost, even if it was only 3/4 of a pound, right?
Old 08-07-2007, 12:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Way to go, Kayla! 5 pounds is good!
Queenie, sorry to hear about your mom.
Brittany, yes, 3/4 pounds is better than none. Have you tried upping your calories?
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:46 PM   #12  
NewComer

Shauna,

I haven't tried upping the calories yet, but I'm going to give it a shot this weekend. I'm going to visit my parents Friday-Monday, and it will be hard for me to stick to 1200 calories while I'm there anyways, so I'm going to shoot for 1300-1400 while I'm there, and maybe for a few days afterwards. If I see a loss, then I'll stick with that number. If not, I'll just go back to the 1200 I've been doing.

I feel so conflicted about the whole calorie thing. I've been doing between 1100-1300 for the past few weeks, with 1200 being my goal. 1100 is low, but my 1300 days balance those days out. Some days I feel like 1200 calories just can't be enough for someone who's working out 6 days a week, but then I just get too scared to try upping it. Oh well, I'll never know if I don't try, so I'll give it a shot.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, I would def. try upping the calories. Especially if you are working out 6 days a week and not seeing any results. Your body could be in starve mode.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #14  

Shauna: Thank you!

Brittany: Any loss is a good loss! That's 3/4 of a pound gone, and hopefully never to return! I agree with upping your calorie intake for at least a week and just see if you see more of a loss. With how much you are working out, I think it might help.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:52 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Night – Good job breaking thought the plaute. I know you’ve been struggling with it for awhile now.

Kayla – Your doing great! Keep up the good work.

Brittany – At least you are getting it done early. Plus all that moving around and decorating is good for you.

Queen – It doesn’t appear that anyone has answered your question. The weekly chat threads just give every an opportunity to talk about what is going on in their life that week. What they’ve been doing, things that they are struggling with, successes, ect. And good job at getting back to the gym!

I moved this weekend. I have almost everything in my new place and it’s unpacked (which is a big accomplishment for me because it normally takes so long). I have a few things in my other apartment that I need to get out and I need to clean it but I’m going to do that when I get back in town. I leave for Phoenix on Wednesday to visit my friends which I’m very excited about. I haven’t seen them since late February. Otherwise not much going on.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote