LA Weight Loss - 08/06/07 Alli, Please Support Here

StillTryin
08-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Good Monday morning to all of you! Here is the new weekly thread. Congrats to those who had super losses and those who are battling and winning the weight fight. Please go back and read through what you may have missed in the end of the last thread and post your successes and failures here. We are all in this together and we are here to support each other. THANKS!!!!

Tammy
08-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Thanks so much to all who have given me support! I know it isn't my WI day, but I weighed this morning just to check things out. I lost the 2 pounds that I was up at the offical WI last Thursday, AND I have lost an additional 2 pounds! I am excited!!! I plan to continue journaling everything at that other site to keep me going, and I also plan to continue making good choices. Most of all, I'll keep taking the little blue pill. I ate cheerios, splenda, and 1% milk for breakfast, so I'm not taking a pill for that though.

I hope my enthusiasm will continue!!
Good luck to everyone, and welcome to this week's thread!

I'm off to change my tracker!
(By the way, I have about 40 more to lose, so I'm not that close to making my goal. I'm just doing it in 10 pound increments.)

StillTryin
08-06-2007, 10:23 AM
CONGRATS TAMMY!!! That is wonderful that you lost the 2 plus 2 more!!! WOWSERS! I didnt take my pills yesterday or this morning, but I had cereal/lowfat milk also, that was only about 5 grams of fat. But at lunch I will be back on them. I really screwed up yesterday, well Saturday AND Sunday! I had a BAD WEEKEND. I have allergies and when they act up (even when I take my medicine) I get SO HUNGRY that I can not help EAT! I did try to make better choices though so that helped. But I did over do it to. I didnt get my water/fluids in this weekend so I dont show a loss this week, but I think in 2-3 days when I get my fluid levels back up I will be ok again. I am feeling a little puffy today after all this anyways.

Laurelle
08-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Hi all -

I am having no luck with weight loss. I lost 2.5 pounds a couple of weeks ago, but have gained it all back. I'm going to the doctor on Friday and going to ask for blood tests to rule out anything medical. I've been going to a weight loss program at a local hospital since March and have lost and gained the same 2 pounds that whole time. I've been committed to calorie counting and watching fat since June and nothing is happening. I'm so frustrated. I'm going to have blood work done and if nothing shows up there, then the hospital will test my metabolism to see if I have a genuinely slow metabolism, and then I will have to cut even more calories from my diet.

GinaXOXO
08-06-2007, 12:08 PM
I didn't do great this weekend. I did eat low-fat but I had a lot of carbs and too much sugar. Does anyone else run into this problem? How should I deal with this?

Gina

Travellin
08-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Hi all and happy Monday!! I'm on Day 4 today. I didn't take my pill this morning as I'm have some 'consious sedation' dental work today and they told me no medications the day of. Otherwise, I ate better this weekend than any weekend in recent memory. I'm crossing my fingers that the modifications I've made along w/ the DBP (darlin' blue pill) will do the trick to finally get me through my end game.

Tammy - I'm so stoked for you! Congrats! I was thinking of you this morning when I weighed and noticed I was up a pound from my initial loss. Just water fluctuations, I'm sure and my official weigh-in day is not until next Sunday - but I'm still a daily weigher - I like to see the fluctuations and I'm pretty good about not letting them get to me.

Gina - I consider myself a sugar and processed carb addict. Any amount will trigger severe craving reactions in me that just snowball into a bingefest. Therefore, I've had to all but eliminate those things from my diet. Even just one cookie can send me into a downward spiral that lasts the rest of the day. I've found substitutes that help take care of sugar/chocolate fixes. If I do eat something sweet - like a piece of cake, I make sure to quickly follow it with something high protein to counteract the sugar high/crash that results. But I try to keep those events to a minimum and hopefully they will be reduced even further now w/ Alli.

Laurelle - good idea on the tests. No harm in ruling things out and if you indeed find a medical cause, then that can be addressed. Keep us posted

StillTryin - Thanks for getting the thread started and glad to hear you're back on the wagon. Put the weekend behind you and focus on having a great week!

Brightside
08-06-2007, 12:28 PM
I haven't weighed in yet - will do it tomorrow.
StillTryin - sorry to hear about your allergies. My kids have been fine all summer but then 2 of 3 have been hit by allergies last week. ltchy eyes, stuffy sinus'. Hope you are feeling better!
Laurelle - I hope the doctor's are able to pinpoint the problem. I had lots of blood tests and while I do have PCOS, mainly I just have a sluggish metabolism. I have to count my calories carefully and exercise like Oprah (in the morning and in the afternoon). I've been having a tough time during the summer to schedule 2- 30 minute workouts a day, so I was hoping Alli would take up the slack...I guess I'll find out tomorrow on the scale. Good luck!
Tammy-congrats on your big loss!

Hun.e.B
08-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Good Monday Morning Alligators...I'm rip roaring and ready to have the best week yet! NOTHING is going to hold me back! Weighed in this morning and was the same as i was last week so good news there, shocking, but good. I might even get to report a loss before my official weighin which I would like to change to friday.

Tammy...way to go!!! Almost to that 10 lb goal!! You can do it!!!

Stilltryin....10 more lbs!!! You are almost there!!! I have bad allergies too, the fires and all this smoke really have them kicked up my face feels like a balloon! I hope you get relief soon!

Laurelle...I'm sorry you are so frustrated, I think seeing the doctor is the best thing you can do right now...figure out whats wrong. Good luck and let us know what you find out!

Gina...the good thing is todays a new day! Carbs really are your friend, carbs = energy. The trick is getting the good carbs, which is so hard in our society with all the processed stuff. They add sugar when they make things lowfat and we end up paying the price. Whole foods is the way to go, and the longer you eat that way the less your body craves the others stuff.

Travellin...I didnt realize you were from Phoenix, lived there for about 10 years, dont miss the heat AT ALL! good luck at the dentist today! That is one of my biggest fears in life!

Brightside...I'll keep my fingers crossed for some FANTASTIC news tomorrow!!

Alright alligators, off to take my measurements and start my journal...its going to be a GREAT week!

StillTryin
08-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Laurelle-That darn metabolism is so fussy! I had mine tested 1 year ago and it was depressingly slow. I honestly do not know how I lose weight at all with it. Good luck with the tests I hope they help you.

Gina-I also had a bad weekend! It happens, try to not beat yourself up about it. Start fresh today and get past it. I would drink plenty of fluids to help flush out any extra sodium that you may have taken in. That is what I am trying to do today and tomorrow. Besides a little extra water never hurt anyone....lol

Travelin-Yep I am going well today again, so I hope it was just a mementary goof and didnt cost me a lot in the weight dept! Good luck at the dentist!

Brightside-
I only get allergies from Aug-Oct. It is harvest time and that grain dust and late polinating weeds really get me. I usually get an allergy shot and forgot to get it last time I was at the Dr. Since he is like 90 minutes away I will have to suffer it out this year. OH WELL! Thank god for Claritin, that helps a little.

dcapulet
08-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Hi all -

I am having no luck with weight loss. I lost 2.5 pounds a couple of weeks ago, but have gained it all back. I'm going to the doctor on Friday and going to ask for blood tests to rule out anything medical. I've been going to a weight loss program at a local hospital since March and have lost and gained the same 2 pounds that whole time. I've been committed to calorie counting and watching fat since June and nothing is happening. I'm so frustrated. I'm going to have blood work done and if nothing shows up there, then the hospital will test my metabolism to see if I have a genuinely slow metabolism, and then I will have to cut even more calories from my diet.

Hi Laurelle,

I am right with you here. I lost weight previously when I was not exercising. After I started a good routine, I just can't lose anything, or lose and gain the same lb over and over.

I've been taking Alli for three weeks with no results. I feel that I was not eating enough calories, and aim for my goal each day. I hope it makes a differences come weigh in day. If you are already watching your intake and targets, then you are on the right path. Hopefully, the tests will uncover something for you.

My only advice is to not give up! I wish you all the best in your journey.

katallan
08-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Well I am down another 2 pounds. I think it was the added exercise. Hopefully it will continue!

Tammy - Way to go! Yeah!!!!!!

Laurelle - I am sure that it is ag reat disappointment to not be losing for so long. Hopefully the docotr can figure out what's going on.

Sorry to hear about the bout with the allergies. I have them real bad and take allergy pills daily. I usually end up with one to two sinus infections a year and loss of voice due to allergies. They are not fun!

Gina - I have a carb problem myself! That's why I am doing low carb/low fat. One taste of baked bread and I can't quit!

Hope everyone has a great day. Today is my anniversary, so i know the hubby will want to go out and eat :( Will have to make good choices for sure!

NICKLES077
08-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Day 3 on Alli. I went to a cookout this weekend and was surprised at how well I controlled myself! :D I do find the amount of food and calories they recommend you consume a bit difficult for me to keep up with. I'm from the school of starvation. Which is prolly why I haven't had much luck losing. I'm going to try it the Alli way and consume 1600 calories a day. I guess we'll see come Friday when I weigh myself.

StillTryin
08-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Nickels, looks like you are off to a great start with 11lbs lost already. Dont get discouraged with the weigh in's. I know it took me 3-4 weeks of Alli to see any results! It was hard to stick with it since you EXPECT something to happen. Good luck with weigh in, we are all rooting for you. Also CONGRATS for handling the BBQ well!

Hun.e.B
08-06-2007, 05:48 PM
Katallan...way to go on the loss!!! that is GREAT news!! And Happy Anniversary! Just keep thinking about that amazing loss to drive you to make good choices tonight with dinner. Good luck!

Tammy
08-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Stilltryin, thanks!! You know you messed up over the weekend and why you did, so now you are back on track and doing what will help you.

Laurelle, I think having the blood work done and possibly the metabolism tested is a smart idea. Keep us posted on what the results are, ok?

Gina, I've been trying to have some protein everytime that I have something with carbs. I don't know if it's helping, but it seems to help to balance things out.

Travelin, I'm pretty much a daily weigher too. Have been for years. Hard to break old habits, isn't it? And thanks, by the way!! Not taking the medicine before your dental work is a smart thing.

Brightside, thanks and good luck on the scales tomorrow!!

Melissa, I can't wait to pass that 10 pound goal and aim for the next 10! When is your offical weigh in? Mine is on Thursday. You are so positive, so I know it will be a great week!!

Katallan, congrats on the loss!! And thank you!! Happy Anniversary!! I hope you enjoyed your dinner.

Nickles, I'm going to a cookout on Wednesday, so I'll try to follow your direction and make some wise choices. Good luck at your weigh in.

Ravisa
08-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Way to go, Tammy! Four pounds is great. And I bet it feels really good to make up those two you gained. I gained 0.4 on my last weigh in, so I can only hope for a little of your success!

Went to the movies this weeked and out to eat several times. My husband swears he likes my cooking...but we eat out so much... Anyway, that was a real challenge, but I think I won the contest. Today I'm back to eating at home, which is a welcome relief!

I, too, have a cookout tomorrow at a friend's house. Then a cookout at my house on Friday, so I'll be in control of the menu (love it!). Make everyone else eat my fish, chicken, and veggies - HA!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

Travellin
08-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Hi all! My dental procedure went well. I can pretty much only have liquids for now - I just sent DH out to pick me up some yummy egg drop soup - I'm pretty sure that's lowfat. I'm also trying to stay dosed up on the Vicodin (5 more minutes until I can take my next one). I have to go back to work tomorrow so hopefully I'll be feeling decent by then. I figure while I'm on a soup only diet, there's probably not much point to taking the pill. I'll just have to gauge how I feel.

Have a great evening all and I'll check in tomorrow!

Tammy
08-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Ravisa, it really does feel good especially getting rid of the 2 extra pounds. I hope I'll be down another one by weigh in on Thursday, but if not, I'm going to quit spazzing about it. (maybe!!) We eat out often also. My SIL is doing burgers on Wednesday, but I'll be taking a couple of healthy side dishes.

Travellin, glad all went well. I don't blame you for not taking a pill while just doing the liquids. Hope the pain isn't too bad for you, and that you will be feeling much better soon.

Tammy
08-07-2007, 06:35 AM
Apparently, something is working. I was down another pound this morning. I am obsessed with the scales, I know!! I like moving my butterfly in the right direction. I hope I don't start doing something wrong so I have to move it the other way. I'm meeting friends for lunch today, and that is always a challenge. We are meeting at a new restaurant near here, and I have no idea what is on their menu.

Brightside
08-07-2007, 09:06 AM
Good Morning! It's gray and raining here in Michigan but I'm reporting plenty of sunshine in my attitude!

I lost another pound this week which brings my first week total to almost 3 pounds (2 point something). I'm thrilled! Getting this peri-menopausal body to lose anything is nothing short of a miracle. :carrot:

FYI- I had a small TE yesterday. I don't know why! I went back through my fitday log to see what could have caused it and I haven't got a clue. Lunch Sunday was a whole wheat tortilla stuffed with 3 bean salad (no fat added) and 1 tbsp. shredded paremesan cheese. Dinner on Sunday night was chicken breast on the grill w/ pineapple & peaches (shish kebob style), brown rice & green beans. No dessert. Breakfast yesterday was my usual oatmeal w/walnuts. I'm just not sure why it happened. :?:

Anyway, I'm thrilled with my 2 pound loss! And isn't it great how we're all trying so hard to make better choices! :) I think that's the whole point of Alli - helping us learn to make better choices and developing this style of eating as a permanent lifestyle. Woo hoo, I'm excited!:D

StillTryin
08-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Tammy- I have found that for the longest time I will not see the scale move and then all of a sudden it will JUMP then over the next couple days I will continue to move down some more...then stop again for a bit. Good luck and your doing great!

dcapulet
08-07-2007, 09:21 AM
to everyone who lost: :congrat: Sounds like everyone is doing well.

I find that I feel a lot better eating off the WW plan. I'm not as hungry, and I'm not thinking about food all the time. I hope this works!

Tammy
08-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Brightside, I definitely agree about making better choices!!! Hey, we are neighbors. I'm in Ohio, close to Dayton.

Stilltryin, that's good to know. I know it will slow down, but this little jump has sure helped my mood about the whole thing!

dcapulet, I had started WW meetings last Nov., lost some, then I had some medication changes, and I never lost anymore.

Travellin
08-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Brightside - may I ask what your TE was or is that being too nosey? Just curious what types of effects I should be prepared for even when I'm staying on plan.

Rock on to all you losers out there! Ironically, I weighed this morning and if the scale were to be believed, I gained 2.5 pounds overnight. I figure though that it probably has to do with my body retaining water to fight off the infection and help heal me from the dental work yesterday (my cheek's fairly swollen). I'm not worried. No way it could be a 'real' gain - I ate almost nothing but brothy soup yesterday.

Everyone have a GRAND day. I'll be checking in this evening!

Brightside
08-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Hi Travellin- no, you're not being too nosy. For some of you the following is probably TMI, so stop reading now! I could tell something was up because my stomach was making some rumbly noises. From previous posts, I knew not to wait. I had lots of floating greasy oil spots (big spots & little spots) in the toilet along with a small amount of loose stool. I've read that the oil spots are usually orange but mine have always been dark colored (almost black). I don't know if the dark color is because I eat a lot of blueberries daily or because I eat dark, leafy vegies (romaine, spinach, etc.). In any case, it was gross but relatively minor. Oh, and I should mention that when flushed, they tend to leave a ring, which requires cleaning! ICK!

I've read in previous week's posts that if you think you need to go, go! And, sometimes passing gas can turn into a messy mess! Also, that Alli will stay in your system for awhile so even if you don't take a pill with a fatty meal, you may still experience a TE. I hope I don't ever experience any of that but I do have an extra pair of pants in my car, just in case! I've had two TE's and both were as I described. Sorry if I grossed anyone out!

Hope your mouth feels better soon!

Hun.e.B
08-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Wow everyone is doing so great!!! You are all such a great inspiration! Exactly what I need to start my mornings off!!

Someone needs to request a lock be put on the old thread, I got all confused LOL!

I had a wonderful day yesterday, not perfect but pretty darn close. I was right on with my calories and fat for the day until we got a 2 hour power outage and I had a few extra non plan snacks....BUT I did do the eliptical for 1 hour and my dd and I went on a 45 minute bike ride. So I'm good with the little extra! 1 day down, many more to go! I can do it!

dcapulet
08-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Yeah, the plan worked for me without exercise. But I do it everyday now, and I can't live without it! I'd rather count calories the old way, so long as I can exercise.

LisaLisaSM
08-07-2007, 04:14 PM
just curious if anyone uses CLA and promrose oil combo or just CLA while using Alli? i believe they both do different things. i was taking CLA before i started alli, but stopped since. let me know.

bobbigene
08-07-2007, 07:00 PM
HOT, :flame:HOT, :flame:HOT :flame:here in Houston. The rain has finally stopped and now we are in a hot, humid, no rain cycle. Saw on the news tonight where some guy put an oven thermometer on his dashboard in his office parking lot and it read 150. Reminds me of when I was a kid and my parents would get into the car and couldn't touch the steering wheel because it was hot. My mother used to take a frozen dish towel out to cool it down. I'm glad they changed what steering wheels are made out of!

I'm hoping that my Saturday weigh-in shows some progress. I'd hate to think that I have hit a platuea with only 11 pounds lost! Have to go out of town on Friday for business. We usually stop at Soup R Salad for lunch when we drive out of town, I'll stick to soup. I can go crazy with all the bad stuff at the salad bar. Wish me luck!

annk
08-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Hello, all!

I've been doing pretty well except yesterday when I was feeling sorry for myself and ate things I just shouldn't have! I'm wondering how long people have found it takes between going off plan and having a TE. I know I'm probably in for one but when? Kind of a weird question and I know it's probably different for everyone but I am curious. I've also noticed (this is kind of gross, so please excuse!) that I don't get the orange oil as much as the diarrhea. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?

But overall, I feel I'm doing well and have been trying to make healthier choices! That's the key, right?!

Good luck this week!

Ann

Travellin
08-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the info, Brightside! I'll make sure I don't delay if I notice anything similar. :D

Tammy
08-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Travelin, that 2.5 pounds has to be water retention. There is no way it could be anything else. I'm sure it will go away as soon as your mouth gets back to normal.

Melissa, I'm sure I would have found some snacks that I shouldn't have during the power outage also.

Bobbigene, good luck with the eating when you go out of town. I think I made better choices when we were in Florida because of being on Alli. Granted, there were some things that I ate that I probably shouldn't have, but not as much as I would have eaten before.

Ann, I understand what you are saying about not as much of the orange oil. I have only seen that once or twice. I really haven't had diarrhea, just some "loose" moments. I'm sure it's because I'm making healthier choices on the food.

I just made a salad to take to the cookout tomorrow. Tried to make it lowfat as much as possible. I know that my SIL is having burgers, brats, and corn on the cob. Not sure what else the others are bringing. I think I'll be fine and be able to make good choices.

gardeniaz1964
08-08-2007, 12:33 AM
I'm going this weekend to buy this..I've been reading up on it on this website but I have a couple of questions that maybe someone can answer for me...
(1) does this curb your appetite at all?? Or is it more a behavior modifier?? I noticed that some of you skip the pill if you don't eat high fat so wasn't sure exactly how this works
(2)Are you exercising or concentrating more on your eating??
Thanks
CC

Hun.e.B
08-08-2007, 02:43 AM
Hello CC and :welcome:

For me, yes I feel like the Alli does curb my appetite. Now this is not one of the things it claims to do, I just feel like I'm not really hungry eating the way I am where as I've struggled with hunger before. Now that could also be because I am having more protein with my meals too. Alli is definetly a behavior modifier. You are supposed to eat low fat, and if you dont there could be consequences to pay in the form of treatment effects (TEs) so you stick to plan! Also, you arent supposed to take Alli if your meal has less than 5 grams of fat, because at that low of fat there really is no need for it.

Right now I am trying to concentrate on both exercise and eating right. I figure the exercise is giving me that much more of an extra boost.

Hope that helps some! When you get your Alli, you'll get a bunch of information along with it too.

Hun.e.B
08-08-2007, 02:43 AM
Good luck at the cookout Tammy! Just remember its all about meeting your goals and no food can keep you from those! You can do it!

nikki8221
08-08-2007, 05:49 AM
hey everyone

I am thinking about trying alli, but was wondering if anyone had any info on low fat diets.. i would like to start that before purchaseing the pills. I know that there are a ton of books out there but it makes it hard for me becuase i am visually impared and have a super hard time reading regular print books. anyone know of some good free meal plans or something.. thanks so much everyone

Brightside
08-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Happy Hump Day! We leave on vacation on Saturday and I'm gearing up for a 12hour car trip. I posted a new thread under calorie counters, looking for suggested snacks on the trip. I'm feeling a lot of anxiety/stress - this is not a true vacation for me. We're going to a cottage that has been in my husband's family for 3 generations. It's very rustic (I'm more of a hotel person myself). Anyway, I go to keep my husband happy and the kids enjoy it and I will put on a smile. Thank goodness it will just be us and no additional family members. That makes it easier.

Anyway, I went a little crazy last night - was hungry on/off all day, which is unusual. Since I started eating low-fat and watching my calories I've felt full & satisfied. I couldn't walk the dog because of the storms last night and I think that was a problem too. I ended up eating 1800 calories which is more than my limit. I had an apple w/peanut butter (2tbsp) around 8pm. I'm sure the pb combined with my usual fish oil/flax seed oil capsules will spell disaster at some point today.

Bobbigene - good luck on your business trip!
Ann - my TEs seem to happen 15-24 hours after the offending meal.
Tammy- good luck at the cookout!
Garden- Alli is definately a behavior modifier but many of us find that we're not as hungry. I think it's because we have to plan our meals and we're probably eating better food/whole food rather than junk food. I walk my dog for exercise but I'm trying to bump that up. I know if I exercise more I'll lose weight more quickly. I don't think you can do Alli without thinking about the food!
CC- what is CLA? I take fish oil and flaxseed oil twice a day which adds in 4 grams of fat each time.
Nikki -can you google low-fat diet plans? There are loads of things out there. Also, maybe you can take some of your favorite recipes and make them lower in fat. Many of us keep track of what we're eating in fitday.com. It helps track fat grams too.

katallan
08-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Good morning!

I was absent yesterday. Spent most of the day at the doctors ( yuck) for a checkup. Everything seems to be OK. My blood pressure is still high, but lower than before. So maybe after the next twenty pounds it will be closer to normal!

The anniversary dinner went OK. We went to a local place where I had the grilled chicken and a salad. I refrained from the alcohol! Just didn't want those extra calories.

I'm glad to see most everyone is doing well and on plan! Those of you w/o a weight loss, hang in there. It will happen!

HAve a great day!

StillTryin
08-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Gardenia, I dont find it helps curb my appetite, but I definately think more about what I am putting in my mouth before I eat.
Granted, I still slip up. But not anywhere close to like I did before taking it.
Alli absorbs 25% of the fat you consume and that fat passes through the body without being absorbed by your intestines...so in essense you are absorbing 25% less fat per meal. The un-absorbed fat passes through your body and is removed with your bowels. That is why people sometimes have looser bowel movements than before. Also that is why sometime you may see a orange(ish) oil in the toilet bowl. That indicates that you have taken in a bit to much fat, but Alli is working to help remove it before it can be absorbed. This is not something you want to test, everyone here can attest to the fact that it DOES work, it does what it is intended to do. You shouldnt ever "Test" it to see how much fat you can take in before you have those Treatment Effects (or as we call them TE's).
I personally focus more on the "diet" than the exercise, but that is mostly because I have some physical limitations and some time issues.

Good luck and your welcome here with us!

GinaXOXO
08-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Hi everyone! I had to be a way for a few days and when we miss a day at this place we miss a lot. I love how active this thread is! I learn so much. I was thinking as I read them that we are so lucky to have each other. If we didn't know how to "not mess around" with the TE's some of us would have had disasters and maybe lost steam for Alli. Instead we know what to do and make Alli work for us.

Are you using the 15 grams of fat per meal limits?? I looked at the Alli book at Barnes and Noble and it said to have 15% fat for the first week, 20% the second week, and 30% fat from there on out. That is the first time I have seen that. I am using WW flex and counting points and keeping my grams at 10-15 per meal. Anyone else??

Thank you for the advice about eating more protein. I will work on that and also on vegetables. Neither are a natural draw to me. I could eat all carbs all of the time and skip the protein and vegetables. Could and should are two different things!!

I just started the couch to 2k program and LOVE it. I downloaded the podcast for week one to my IPOD and did it last night. I was really looking forward to it this morning. It could be addictive. www.coolrunning.com

I am trying to focus on both eating low-fat and exercising.

Gina

Hun.e.B
08-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Good Morning Alligators! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far! I'm still sticking to plan, did another hour on the eliptical yesterday as well as a short bikeride. Looking for a loss on friday! I'm taking my girls to the fair exhibits today...can she avoid the fair goodies...YES SHE CAN!! LOL!

Nikki...hello! I dont follow a specific plan. I just follow the Alli guidelines of 1800 calories and 19g of fat a meal (for me anyway) Sorry I couldnt be of more help there. Good luck to you on your journey though!

Brightside...I hope you have a great getaway! Sounds like fun! And hopefully that PB will have run its course (if you know what I mean LOL) before you take off!

Katallan...sounds like you did fantastic on your dinner out!! Way to go!! See you can enjoy yourself and still have a nice time!! Keep up the great work!!

Gina...that is very interesting about the % per week, I'd not heard that before either. I am sticking to my guidelines which is 19g per meal. Although its usually more like 15g. Good luck on your C22K! I really envy people who can do that program, I would love to but running is just not in the cards for me, maybe when I'm smaller it wont kill my shins so bad.

Have a wonderful wednesday everyone!!

nikki8221
08-08-2007, 11:53 AM
I have decided to try just eating healthy before going on alli.. so my first attempt today

let me know if this is appropriate

breakfast:
bowl of smart start w/ 2% milk

Snack:
2% milk string cheese

Lunch:
Wrap w/turkey and cheese with mustard/lettuce/tomatoe

snack:
yogurt

Dinner:
we are having sloppy joe's for dinner so not the best choice but ill pair it up with some green beans and only eat one instead of the two i can eat lol..

snack:
Peach

i am open to some suggestions what are things you all like to eat while on plan?

NRyker
08-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Good Morning AlliGators!

I have been sick for several days and I am still very dizzy.
I am still doing Alli with the higher fat eating.
I feel smaller again today. I wasn't able to weigh in last week
so I will do it sometime this weekend.

This friday I am doing a day at the Spa!!!:carrot:
Honey Body Scrub, Reflexology, Cranial Sacral and Swedish Massage,
Pedicure, Facial, The works basically. I can't wait.
The next couple days I am going to try to cleanse with
mostly fruit and tea so that I can clear all the toxins with the massage
and steam body scrub!

Wishing everyone well.
;)

GinaXOXO
08-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Melissa: It sounds like you had an active day! I love our elliptical. It is so much fun. Initially my back hurt but I learned that you need to stay off your toes and keep your feet planted. Now it is the bomb! It is so quiet so I can catch up on my TV programs. I am hoping to use the elliptical on days when I canít do my C22K.

Nikki: your menu looks really good to me. I know I would probably need a little more food. I havenít had cheese since starting. Take a look at the cheese and make sure you are within your fat gram guidelines. Also, for me, the switch to skim milk was painless. You might want to try it. I canít drink any other milk honestly.

NKrider: lucky you! I would love to do that. Maybe I can use it as a reward. Good luck with the cleanse. What is a Cranial Sacral??

Ravisa
08-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Great job to the losers!

Travellin - I'm sure your weight gain isn't a "real" one. Being on liquids should give you a nice loss. Let us know how it works out.

Nikki - I love my turkey chili. The basic ingredients are beans, tomatoes, and ground turkey. Depending on my mood and how much fat I have in the meal already, I'll add a tablespoon or two of low-fat sour cream or some shredded cheese. It's really yummy and there's always leftovers!

Yesterday my kids and I had fun shopping for, making, and eating a big fruit salad. It consisted of canteloupe, strawberries, apples, pineapple, peaches, grapes, and bananas. It made a huge batch and the kids gobbled it up like they would any dessert. Today on our walk we stopped to snack on blackberries that grow all over. I wish I had thought to bring a bag to take some home to add to the salad!

NICKLES077
08-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Hello all! Sounds like everyone is well. I've been sticking to my plan. I know it's only been a few days for me, but I was curious how quickly everyone started losing weight. Did you see results at your first weigh in or did it take a few weeks? Reason I'm asking is because I did an unofficial weigh in and I was 207 then I did another unofficial weigh in a few days later and I was back to 209. What's up with that?:tantrum: I'm going to try not to let this discourage me.

StillTryin
08-08-2007, 02:12 PM
It took me a couple 3-4 weeks before I really saw anything. But it aslo took that long for me to really start thinking smart about what I was eating.

bobbigene
08-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Hello to everyone! Thanks for all the encouragement everyone is giving me. I'll be thinking about you on Friday on my way to Nacogdoches.

Nickles - I bounced up 2 pounds when I started on alli too then lost it the next week. Now I seem to just be going up a pound, losing 2, going up a pound losing 6. As long as it's going down and not just staying the same, I'm vaguely happy. I really just have to make up my mind to exercise, but that's a hurdle for me (pun intended).

Good luck to everyone this week. Talk to you later!

Tammy
08-08-2007, 08:28 PM
CC, I have been mainly focusing on my eating. I do get out and walk, and I will be starting a water aerobics class in September. I don't think the Alli curbs my appetite, but I am making much better choices for myself.

Brightside, a rustic cottage does not sound good to me at all. I'm definitely a hotel person.

Katallan, good choices for your anniversary dinner!!

Gina, I know what you mean about this thread!! Very active. I've never heard that about the % per week either.

Nikki, I think your meals for the day sound good. I would have more food because I am allowed more per day.

NRyker, lucky you going to the spa!! Wonderful!!

Ravisa, your fruit salad sounds delicious. I've made turkey chili in the past, but hubby and son don't care for it. I usually make it now with the leanest beef that I can find.

Nickles, I lost 4 pounds before I started Alli, then I gained 2 of those during my first week, and now I've lost them. I have my 2nd weigh in tomorrow.

The cookout went well today. We ended up eating in the house because it was just too hot to stay outside. I did end up with a slice of peanut butter pie for dessert. I journaled every thing that I ate when I came home. I am just a tad over on the number of calories for the day. This is the first day that has happened, so I'm ok with it (until I have my official weigh in tomorrow and end up with a gain! lol ).

Travellin
08-08-2007, 11:23 PM
Hi everybody! Hope your Wed. went well! I'm back to eating regular food so hopefully I'll be able to see some progress by the end of the week. I found out that I have a business trip scheduled for the end of next week. The group I'm working with is planning to take me out to some good eating so I'm a bit worried. I'll have to figure out a gameplan between now and then....

NRyker - that sounds like an absolutely heavenly day!! I'm so jealous. How'd you score a package like that?! Make sure you drink plenty of water and are well hydrated if you're going to do a cleanse since those treatments can be dehydrating in and of themselves.

Gina - Cranial Sacral therapy is hard to describe but you can get info. from googling it. Very simply put, it uses very gentle manipulations of the spine and skull to help ease restrictions in and help balance the nervous system. Maybe NRyker can explain it better.

Ravisa - How do you like living in Washington? I love all the fresh produce and other things you can get there. It would be so nice to go for a walk and find berries for the picking.

Nickles - its too soon for me to tell as well. Ask me in another week!

Tammy - good luck for your weigh in tomorrow!

I want to write more but I have to get some things done before the evening is completely over. Have a good evening all!

nikki8221
08-09-2007, 05:46 AM
morning all perhaps someone who has already purchased alli and is doing the diet plan can tell me how many caolories im supose to have..
this way i can get myself eating within my calories before i take alli.. ( as yesterday i felt like i was starveing to death lol)

im 5'4
weigh 181
work in an office all day so the only excercise i get is at home and if i go to they gym

Tammy
08-09-2007, 06:08 AM
Well, I jinxed myself. lol I guess I shouldn't have had that pie at the cookout. I was down 3 pounds at weigh in from last week, but I was up 2 pounds from what I weighed a couple days ago. I really shouldn't weigh between official weigh ins. Right???

Travelin, glad you are back on normal food. I'm sure you'll make good choices when you are on that business trip.

Nikki, I don't have the material right in front of me. Hubby is still sleeping, and it's in the bedroom.

katallan
08-09-2007, 09:16 AM
CC - Alli really doesn't curb my appetite. Once I "shrunk" my stomach and quit eating all those empty calories I have found that I am usually satisfied with 1600 calories or less. The first week was the hardest and I wasn't on Alli at that time!

NRyker - I love going to a spa! I have treated myself twice to the full treatment and it is positivly wonderful!

Nikki - My book says 1600 calories for light activity and 1800 for moderate activity.

HuneB - I hate eliptical! But good for you! And a bike ride too?! You should have a loss come friday for sure!;)

Tammy - sorry you jynxed yourself! I have those slip ups too!

Hope everyone else had a great night last night and stayed on plan!

I didn't get my exercise in last night. :( Ended up visiting a friend who has had surgery. Stayed there way to long! I will have to do better today!

Later!

StillTryin
08-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Yes, I am on the 1600 calorie plan and some days I am way under and for some reason ever since my weekend away I can not seem to get back to 1600 or under!!! I NEED HELP!!!!! Last night I sat and ate cookies no less! OMG what am I doing? I know NOT to do that but AHHHHGGGGG

Well I will get back in this.. I know it. I keep taking my pills and making good choices at meal time. I need to get the snackin under control again!

Brightside
08-09-2007, 11:13 AM
StillTryin - Toss the cookies! Or find something else that will satisfy you. Or, eat something relatively healthy for a dessert (ff pudding, cool whip & nuts?) and then if you STILL want the cookies, have some but maybe you won't be quite so hungry?

Just wanted to report that my fancy dinner out last night went really well. I took a long time to consider what I was going to eat and ended up with a small salad of mixed greens, dried cranberries, walnuts, with a small bit of goat cheese. For dinner I chose a seafood pasta made with scallops, shrimp, mussels & clams in a spicy tomato broth. The pasta was very, very thin spaghetti. I had 2 bites of the spaghetti but ate all the seafood. For dessert I had 2 bites of 2 different desserts that we passed around the table. I felt so happy to enjoy my food, make good choices and not feel stuffed when we left (my wallet was a lot lighter though). The scale was in the same spot as yesterday - not complaining! Best of all, I don't feel like I need to worry about a TE since everything I ate was healthy and in reasonable portions!

StillTryin
08-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks Brightside, the problem I have is that I wasnt hungry...I just wasnt doing anything very active. I usually go home from work and clean/cook ect...that usually takes until I give my daughter her bath, then I take my bath and rock her a little then it is her bedtime and I go read, but last night I was NOT in the mood, so I watched a movie....BIG MISTAKE!!!!

GinaXOXO
08-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Brightside: that is so honestly wonderful! I canít keep track of everyone; and I know some people were able to stick with a diet without Alli; so I am not sure if this applies to you but . . . isnít it great how Alli is teaching us to make better decisions instead of excuses. I have always wondered why some people decide to lose weight and then just do it. I have decided over and over and realize now that I just didnít have the urgency. I do have urgency now and that is the treats of TEís.

Brightside my point is that in that same situation without Alli that I would have rationalized that one night didn't matter and that I would do better tomorrow. I don't have that luxury anymore and that is a GOOD thing.

My weight is down but I am going to wait to report until I am down 5+ pounds. I have been able to lose and gain the same 5 pounds over and over and want to get past that before I declare a loss.

Gina

Hun.e.B
08-09-2007, 12:29 PM
One more day till weighin after my recommittment and i've got to make up for yesterday. The fair got me! Darn it! I dont feel like I ate alot...just not good choices at all. You know how it its, everything is deepfried and served on a stick. But I did get in alot of walking and was pretty sore and tired last night. Which lead to ordering pizza. I had 1 piece too many I think. Havent put it into fitday because i dont even know what to do with the fair food. Ah well.

Does anyone else notice Alli effecting their sleep patterns? I know it doesnt have a stimulant but I never feel like going to bed no matter how tired I am I end up reading till 1 or 2 in the morning. Any thoughts?

Have a beautiful day alligators!

StillTryin
08-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Gina, I agree with you 100%. I can "diet" and lose weight, but with this I am making better choices (well most of the time!) than I usually did before. I can see the difference in the items of food I eat! Which is nice since I am really not depriving myself of anything. Just eating less (usually) than I would have had prior to using this tool.

Like before if I was snacking hungry at work I would just run to the gas station and buy something, now I keep fat free pudding in my desk drawer and I also keep low fat fiber bars there. I keep some Crystal light individual packs and some green tea individual packs to put in my water. So there are definately some serious mind/thinking changes happening, that I dont think would have happened before this.

NRyker
08-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Yes, I am on the 1600 calorie plan and some days I am way under and for some reason ever since my weekend away I can not seem to get back to 1600 or under!!! I NEED HELP!!!!! Last night I sat and ate cookies no less! OMG what am I doing? I know NOT to do that but AHHHHGGGGG

Well I will get back in this.. I know it. I keep taking my pills and making good choices at meal time. I need to get the snackin under control again!

Still Tryin'
You have lost a ton of weight and maybe your body felt a bit starved.
Instead of "binging" on the cookies...Maybe your body is begging for you to binge on the beautiful in season fruits. You probably need the Fruit Benefits and your hand is grabbing the cookie but your body is craving the fruit carbohydrates. Go make a beautiful fruit salad for yourself and just nibble at it all day for a few days. During your meals eat flavorful proteins and don't try and eat under your calories for fat grams. Eat to the max of them. I would even consider keeping over your 1600 cals with 200or less cals in fruit.
I have been doing that with blueberries (before DH brought home licorice). It is so satisfying. Especially if you get all your protein and fat in!!!
Good luck.

dcapulet
08-09-2007, 03:52 PM
just checking in with you all to see how everyone's doing. my weigh in is on saturday and i'm a little nervous...

StillTryin
08-09-2007, 05:07 PM
NRyker, THANKS! I will try that, infact my 2 yr old and I are going to the grocery store today after I get off work. I will get enough fruit to make us both a BIG fruit salad, that way I can bring extra to work with me tomorrow and have it for my snack! Thanks for the idea

bobbigene
08-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Does anyone else notice Alli effecting their sleep patterns? I know it doesnt have a stimulant but I never feel like going to bed no matter how tired I am I end up reading till 1 or 2 in the morning. Any thoughts?

I haven't noticed any problem with sleep patterns. I still fall asleep just fine and ge in my 6 hours a night. I can sleep two hours later tomorrow and am soooooo looking forward to it! A whole 8 hours!

GinaXOXO
08-09-2007, 08:24 PM
I got mine at target. They had a sale at the time. Maybe check and see if they are still running a special.

Gina

Tammy
08-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Brightside, your meal sounds delicious! Doesn't it feel great to not feel stuffed when you finish a meal?

Gina, I can relate about rationalizing when I might slip with what I am eating. I always think, well I can restart tomorrow. Lately though, I've been trying much harder.

Melissa, I also have noticed that I seem to stay awake longer. Not sure if it has to do with Alli, or if it is something else.

lilpiglet, I've never ordered anything from ebay, so I don't know what to say about it.

Brightside
08-10-2007, 08:13 AM
We are leaving tomorrow on vacation - we're off to the wilderness of Northwestern Wisconsin. It's a 12 hour car ride to get there- ick:mad: Once we're there it's pretty relaxing and depending on the bug situation we'll be able to walk miles each day without seeing any people and lots of wildlife.

After much thought, I've decided I'm going to continue to take Alli on the trip (I take it with every meal). I don't want to give myself permission to "eat with abandon" which is what will happen on this trip if I stop taking it. Even with a 12 hour car ride, I should be fine as long as I eat normally (no McDonald's french fries for me!).

I'm hoping Alli will give me extra will-power to avoid some of the foods that I would normally eat on this trip and that have derailed my efforts in the past. There's not much to do once we arrive - long walks, lots of reading, puzzles, playing cards, fishing.. In the past I've eaten my way through all those activities (except walking). And, if the bugs are bad, we won't be able to get out to walk which will make me crazy!!!:yikes: But this time I'm going to try to munch healthier...

So, my goal is to come back from vacation weighing no more than what my ticker shows now. Not gaining weight on vacation would be a first for me. Have a great week everyone and I look forward to chatting when I get back!:wave:

katallan
08-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Brightside - I hope you have a great time! It's hard to make good choices when on vacation, especially camping, but you can do it!

lilpiglet - Have you tried your local pharmacy? The hospital pharmacy in the neighboring town to me sells Alli cheaper than Walmart. The problem I find with ebay is that once you pay shipping, it costs you the same as if you had gone to town! Plus you don't have to wait!

HuneB - My sleep pattern has been different. I seem to wake up earlier than usual! But I am not sure it is the Alli.

Gina - I have to agree with you. I do make better choices. And if I have a craving for something, I usually eat just a bite or two. In the past I would eat two or more servings!

Have a great day!

Hun.e.B
08-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Thank you Tammy, Bobbigene and katallan for your responses to my question I really appreciate it! Perhaps its that nighttime vitamin.

Lilpiglet...hello and welcome!! I found that walmart and costco have the best prices on Alli. Myself personally wouldnt be comfortable purchasing a medication on ebay, but if you know the source that may be a little safer. Good luck to you! I hope you stick around if you do decide to become an alligator!

Brightside I hope you have a beautiful trip! I wish I were going to WI, my dad and brother live there I want to go visit terribly bad. Good luck to you sticking to plan!

Well, today was my weigh in day. I moved them to friday so since monday I'm down 1.6...not too bad. I've really picked up the exercise this week and had that off day at the fair so I'm good with that. Next friday will be even better! I'm thinking about going to WW meal w/ a big salad for both lunch and dinner for the week. I usually do that for lunch and eat whatever I make my family for dinner but I'd like to really kickstart things. Plus we are going to a waterpark in 10 days..which means my big butt in a bathingsuit!!!! LOL!

Have a beautiful day Alligators!

GinaXOXO
08-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Melissa: that is a good loss! If you want I kickstart I think there is nothing wrong with your plan. THe waterpark will be a blast! I love them!

I am still carb loading. I am losing but my fear is that I will yo-yo if I don't get a handle on it. What are your thoughts? Suggestions??

I am using Alli and my fat grams are perfect but I have 1 Dr. Pepper a day (I know!!) and a few sweets. I don't wanna be honest about this but there it is. I am losing weight I think because I am watching my points (WW Flex) but i really know I need to do something about the bad carbs.

Gina

Hun.e.B
08-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Gina, I would say dont expect perfection right off the bat. I say ween yourself so its not so much of a shock. Like with the dr. pepper, have you thought of switching to diet? I know...diet pop ick, but! You could start with mixing, half and half or even 1/4 and 3/4 and ween yourself. Eventually you'll be drinking the diet and thinking its the regular. I had to do that with chocolate syrup that I have in my morning mocha. Now cant even taste the difference. A pasta alternative to the regular (I dont like whole wheat pasta its too prickly) but have you seen the Barilla plus? It is a whole wheat pasta but not so prickly and it has omega 3s in it. And bread, have you heard of Ezekial bread? Now its no white bread but if you can eat whole wheat bread you'll like this bread, its made with no flour and no gluten. I'll never prefer sweet potatoes over white potatoes so I just limit how often I have them. I say start where you can and work up. I hope that helps a little.

dcapulet
08-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Gina, I would say dont expect perfection right off the bat. I say ween yourself so its not so much of a shock. Like with the dr. pepper, have you thought of switching to diet? I know...diet pop ick, but! You could start with mixing, half and half or even 1/4 and 3/4 and ween yourself. Eventually you'll be drinking the diet and thinking its the regular. I had to do that with chocolate syrup that I have in my morning mocha. Now cant even taste the difference. A pasta alternative to the regular (I dont like whole wheat pasta its too prickly) but have you seen the Barilla plus? It is a whole wheat pasta but not so prickly and it has omega 3s in it. And bread, have you heard of Ezekial bread? Now its no white bread but if you can eat whole wheat bread you'll like this bread, its made with no flour and no gluten. I'll never prefer sweet potatoes over white potatoes so I just limit how often I have them. I say start where you can and work up. I hope that helps a little.

mmm, the Barilla plus is so good! I just had some for lunch...:cool:

Tammy
08-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Brightside, enjoy the trip!! When we made our quick trip to Florida to visit my BIL, I also continued taking Alli. It really did help to keep me making those better choices.

Melissa, congrats on the loss!!!! Woo hoo!!! Your kickstart idea sounds like a good one. I've considered something like that too. Our son went back to college today (band tryouts, hopefully he makes it!!), so it's just my hubby and me. Hubby's idea of eating healthy is WAY different than mine. WW meal and a salad sounds like a good idea.

Gina, I've had some days where I'm over on the carbs also. I just keep tweaking things to do better. I know that overall that I am eating much healthier, so I really haven't been too worried about it. I have been having a REAL Pepsi every now and then too. I log it in my journal. I drink Diet Pepsi most of the time, so I just consider the real one a treat and count it.

We've been using 100% whole wheat bread for a while. Hubby decided yesterday that he wants to go back to white bread. I couldn't believe it. I can't rationalize buying 2 loaves of bread since I don't eat it that often. I guess I could buy whole wheat and freeze half of it (or more than half) and just get it out when I want it.

Hun.e.B
08-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Thanks Tammy! Thats what I do here with the Ezekiel bread. I'm the only one who eats it so I keep it in the fridge, I have 2 slices everyday with breakfast so I can go through a loaf in about a week or 10 days, There is whole wheat white bread now have you checked into that?

StillTryin
08-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Yeah I can agree with the bread thing Tammy, I am the only one who eats W. wheat, so I have to refridgerate mine so it lasts for me.

Melissa, great loss, CONGRATS!!!!

ThinGirl in FatBody
08-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Hi everyone!!

I am back from Florida, I think I did okay while I was away. My breakfasts and lunch were just like home, but dinner was a bit more of a challenge and there were so many temptations. I took my Alli with dinner everynight and had one or two episodes of urgency - if you know what I mean!?!

I don't think I lost anything while I was away though, it was kind of a wasted 2 weeks - I weigh in tomorrow and I expect it to be very close to the last # with not much loss (if any)

I am back on track again now that I am home - doing my hour of cardio every afternoon and eating really well.

I wore a bathingsuit when I was away - I haven't done that in years, I didn't look great but I wasn't too scary. There were a few ladies at the pool who were bigger than me so I sat near them (LOL)

Tammy
08-10-2007, 10:15 PM
I may have to give the whole wheat white a try and see if hubby likes it. If not, I guess I'll just buy 2 loaves and keep mine in the refrigerator or freezer.

Welcome Home Thingirl!! It does make it a bit more difficult when you're away from home, doesn't it. Love the part about the bathing suit!! I usually don't wear sleeveless tops, but when we went to Busch Gardens a couple weeks ago, I wore one. I felt good because I saw woman as big as me in tube tops, halter tops, and just bra type tops. They didn't look very nice. AND I saw people lots smaller than me in those types of tops who didn't look good either.

emmak
08-10-2007, 10:56 PM
Tammy, my whole family loves the Sara Lee whole wheat white bread. It stays fresher than any bread I have ever bought.

GinaXOXO
08-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Tammy, hearing that you have an occasional Pepsi makes me feel so NORMAL. I cannot tell you how much better I feel about myself and my weight loss attempt now. Maybe because I get a lot of my information from here or Weight Watchers most people seem to be able to diet "perfectly". It seems like no one ever say it is ok to eat bad sometimes, you know? Maybe it is just me.

Thank you for the tips Melissa! I really do a lot of those things but I also eat sweets. My pattern seems to be eating a healthy breakfast (low fat but cereal so mostly carbs), a good lunch (whole grains, low fat, but mostly carbs) and a good dinner (more protein but still some carbs and higher in fat) and horrible sweet high carb high sugar snacks. Today I got Graham crackers. I was at the store just trying to figure out what will satisfy my sugar cravings without the extra calories and/or fat. I was going to get the 100 calorie snacks but ended up with baked lays (love them) and graham crackers (sweet . . . salty . . . yin . . . yang).

Tammy I have to totally agree about the bathing suits. I am sorta at the lower medium (normal but full??) body type and see people who look worse and look better. When I see a big lady playing with her kids at a pool or water park I want to just go tell them WAY TO GO! Don't stay home or hide in a big shirt and pants. I really am impressed by the ones wearing the two piece suits . . . I just don't have the bravado!!

Welcome home Thingirl. I hope you are pleasanlty surprised at your weigh in.

Gina

annk
08-11-2007, 04:25 AM
Regarding where to buy Alli at a reasonable price, I saw it at Costco for about $60 and it was for a big bottle (Of course! It's Costco!). And it was for the starter pack but I bet they'll get big refill bottles in soon at a good price.

By the way, had cheese pasta yesterday and had a fun TE today. I completely agree with what people are saying about Alli teaching you better behaviors. The TEs are no fun but they definitely get the point across, don't they?!

Ann

Hun.e.B
08-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Welcome back Thingirl!! It sounds to me like you did GREAT on your vacation! Better than I would have I'm sure of it!! You just show us what we can do if we stick to our goals...cant wait to hear the good news!

Tammy...I'm with you I rarely ware sleevless either, usually only when I mow the lawn because I dont want farmers tan! LOL! Do you ever wonder if some of these people look at themselves before they leave the house or are they just that confident that they dont care?

Gina....I think you are being way too hard on yourself! It sounds to me like you are doing GREAT! You eat healthy all day long and have a treat at night? Have you tried putting a little coolwhip between 2 graham crackers and then freezing it? Very tasty treat!

shy moment...have a great time camping!!! I'm so jealous we cant go here because our favorite campground is right in the midst of the huge fire we have going on here.

Ann...thats why I love Alli, its more about behavior modification than it is being a magic pill.

Hun.e.B
08-11-2007, 12:47 PM
I had another pretty good day yesterday till evening hit. After our bike ride I took the girls for icecream and ended up getting myself a small hot fudge. Didnt eat it all though which I suppose is a good thing. It was weigh in day so I have all week to work that off again. I'm off to the Farmers market now to get some fresh fruits and veggies.

I hope everyone has a beautiful weekend!! My plan is to stick to the plan all weekend..that is a big struggle for me, but I know I can overcome this obsticle!!

~melissa

dcapulet
08-11-2007, 02:59 PM
down .6! I'll take it!

Tammy
08-11-2007, 03:48 PM
emmak, the next time I buy bread, I'll give the Sara Lee a try. I hope we can get it around here.

Gina, I also have Mt. Dew sometimes! lol If I have to give up everything I like, I won't stick to it. I count the calories when I am journaling.

Shy, have a great time on your camping trip. I agree about not taking the Alli while you are there. Might cause some problems.

annk, the cheesy pasta sounds good, but the TE doesn't!!

I was on Amazon.com, and they have Alli on there for sale. Different sizes. I went ahead and ordered a refill bottle because with the other things that I was ordering, I didn't have to pay shipping. I like that!

Melissa, I think those people must be very confident. I have never been that way, so maybe I'm the one with the problem. I had ice cream too last night at Dairy Queen. I had vanilla ice cream with pineapple topping. I journaled it, and I still was within the limits for the day.

dcapulet, way to go on the loss! I'd take it too!!!

I'm trying to stay off the scales until Thursday. Last week when I weighed between times, I was bummed when 2 of those lost pounds found their way back for the official weigh in. Hopefully those 2 will be gone this Thursday.

StillTryin
08-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Girls, I am just NOT doing good this week! AAHHHHH I just keep slipping. I really hope I get under control soon.

ThinGirl in FatBody
08-11-2007, 07:12 PM
StillTryin, what's going on? doyou have some bad food in the house that's tempting you? Try to keep it together:hug:

Good news, even though I ate in restaurants for 5 days straight, I managed to loose 2 lbs in the last 2 weeks. It's not much but it's better than gaining!! I have been averaging 6lbs in 2 weeks - so this trip cost me 4lbs, but I had fun :D

Tammy
08-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Stilltryin, how can we help?? We're here for you!!

Thingirl, congrats on the loss! 2 pounds is great!

I just finished logging in my dinner, and I still can have more food if I want. Right now I'm ok, but maybe a small snack later.

GinaXOXO
08-11-2007, 09:16 PM
StillTryin; hang in there! Maybe you are just having a moment. I bought better versions of my favorite go to junk food yesterday. Maybe you need to make a trip to the store and find something to get you through it that isn't too bad?

I am doing a little better. I am having TE’s today. I had kettle corn the other night. I have NO idea how regular kettle corn got in my pantry; I normally only buy the light popcorn. I went and read the label after I made it and had my heart set on it. It was 10 grams a serving!! That was a snack???!!!! I tried to limit it . . . didn't do as well as I needed. The next morning I went to the store to get the "diet" kettle corn!!

I can and will do better!

The couch to 5 K is going great! I love it!!! I am going to take it slow. The couch to 5k is at coolrunning.com and it helps ease non runners in to running 5K in 9 weeks. I am very open to it taking longer. I am benefitting even with my week one walk/jog.

Later! Gina

Tammy
08-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Gina, glad to hear that the couch to 5 K is going great for you!! I may have to check out the site just to see what it's all about.

bobbigene
08-12-2007, 07:21 AM
Good Sunday morning - no loss, no gain this week. No TEs so I was toeing the line at least. Maybe next week will be a nice loss. Glad to hear all of the alli-gators are doing well and surviving their vacations.

Thingirl you did great! A 2 pound loss despite being on vacation! WOW!!!!!!!
:cp::bravo: :cp:

ThinGirl in FatBody
08-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Thanks everyone, I was so worried I would gain. Losing is such a bonus.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Tammy
08-12-2007, 11:40 AM
bobbigene, let's all plan on a loss next week!! Let's think positive gang!!!

Hun.e.B
08-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Thingirl....way to go!!! Excellent loss and for vacation even better!!

Bobbie...excellent attitude..this week will be better! We can do it!!

Yesterday was an off day...I didnt feel good and let it get to me, no exercise. But I'm feeling tons better today and still going steady!

Have a wonderful Sunday all!

Hun.e.B
08-12-2007, 12:50 PM
dcapulet...way to go girl!!! A loss is a loss! Keep up the good work!!

Tammy...do you feel like you are getting some appetite suppresant from the Alli? I feel like that sometimes. Way to go yesterday!!

Nikki...just make today better than yesterday and you are gonna win! Excellent spirit and determination!!!

Stilltryin....You are strong and determined and I know you can overcome the rough spot! Just take it a little at a time. Remember those goals! Those last 10 have got to be the hardest, but you are too close to give up just yet! You can do this!! The finish line is right around the corner!!!

Tammy
08-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Melissa, glad you are feeling better!!

I thought about going out and pulling some weeds, but I thought again. Too hot!!

ThinGirl in FatBody
08-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Tammy...do you feel like you are getting some appetite suppresant from the Alli? I feel like that sometimes.

I feel like that, since I started I am not as hungry and also my cravings have calmed down. Alli is not supposed to have these benefits though, so I don't know if is is just a psychologically effect of taking the pills. Real or in my mind, I am liking it! :carrot:

Tammy
08-12-2007, 02:27 PM
The phone rang and I had to go before I finished my last message. As for appetitie suppresant, I do think that I don't want as much as I normally would.

Travellin
08-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Hi all! I just got back from a weekend in the mountains. It was absolutely heavenly to escape the heat for a couple days. I took my Alli with each meal and ate much better than I ever do when out of town. Its amazing how not necessary french fries are if threatened with horrid consequences. I did have one interesting experience - on Sat. we went hiking and as we were finishing up the trail, I started getting some stomach cramps. Remembering the stories others have shared I thought 'uh-oh' and picked up the pace. I was a bit nervous as we still had 1/2 mile to go and then the ride back to the inn. I made it though and here's the weird part - when I went to the bathroom - nothing! The cramping had passed and I didn't have to go again until this morning. Very odd. But at least no accidents. :p

ThinGirl - I like you "episodes of urgency" phrase. I think that one's a keeper. Congrats on the loss - any loss after traveling is a big success!

Gina - Kettlecorn is such a horrid trigger food for me. I would have had a hard time limiting myself as well! Maybe when my mouth is finally healed from the dental surgery, I'll try some of the 'diet' version as well.

Tammy - Busch Gardens, eh? That was one of my favorite parks when I was back east! Good going on the sleeveless top! I still have a hard time going sleeveless or tank and I know I shouldn't. Its like I've overtrained myself to fear them. I usually will wear one hiking but that's about it.

Melissa - I know the question was posed to Tammy but I'll weigh in as well if you don't mind ;) - I'm definately getting at least a psychological appetite suppresent effect. Whenever I'm eating I constantly have that "12 grams max" mantra in the back of my head that helps me limit how much I eat at any given time.

StillTryin - stay strong! We all have rough spots but can all make it if we just keep picking ourselves back up and trying again!

Dcapulet - congrats on the loss!

Today should have been my weigh-in day but since we were out of town, I didn't have a scale (and I always do my weigh-ins in the morning). So, I'll do my weigh in tomorrow. I'm feeling positive about things but we shall see. Enjoy the rest of your day all!

dcapulet
08-12-2007, 06:20 PM
thanks everyone. It's certainly motivation to keep it up!

i am going on vacation on tuesday. I am thrilled, and I'm actually not worried about eating. I can keep myself under control. I owe it to myself.

It sounds like everyone is doing great. Keep up the good work! Let's enjoy the rest of the summer!:carrot:

StillTryin
08-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks everyone, no it isnt bad food at home, it is all in my head...it is really a mental thing for me. I have been trying! but today starts a new week and I WILL CONTROL THIS EATING MACHINE IN MY HEAD THIS WEEK!!!!

OK aside from that!

The new thread is up so please read up over here and POST over on the new thread.....if a mod will close this one that would be great!

SEE YOU ALL ON THE NEW THREAD!!!