South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 06:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday's Chick Chat

Good Morning!

How's everyone doing after the weekend? It was a brutal hot and sticky one around here. I love summertime, but I hate having to keep the windows and doors closed because of the air conditioning. We're having a few showers right now, and the humidity is terrible.

The house is a total wreck, but Caite and Carley will be going home today. I guess there's no sense doing any cleaning until they're gone. It's been fun having them here, but I'm looking forward to some peace and quiet. It'll be nice to have my laptop back, too, without Caitlyn hogging it!

I'd better be off to Curves right now, before I can find an excuse to skip it. I'll see you all later!
Old 08-06-2007, 06:46 AM   #2  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Morning! I've been up since about 3:30 because I could not STAND to sleep with my sunburn. It's so strange, I never burn, and if I do it's only after I've been on the beach for at least 6 or 7 hours and it's gone by the next morning! Ugh. Oh well, at least I'm not radioactive red anymore. I keep slathering myself up with aloe and will probably take a nice cold oatmeal bath after the roomie goes to work.

Weather seems nice temperature wise today. It's cool out but we're expecting thunderstorms later on. As long as the temp doesn't rise, it's FINE with me!
Old 08-06-2007, 06:48 AM   #3  
Constant vigilance!

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

It's been brutally hot here as well. We've actually been under a CODE RED smog alert since yesterday. Sounds scary, huh!

I know what you mean about the peace and quiet... its well earned I imagine!

Well, I got up at 5:00 today so I could get my work out in before the day got to crazy. I've had my breakfast and now I need to go finish getting ready for my first day back at school. I LOATHE the first day - meetings, meetings and meetings... I just want to work in my classroom and get everything ready!

On a SBD point, I have my lunch and my snacks packed so I WILL avoid the bagels and whatever lunch the PTA will be having.

Have a great Monday chickies!
Old 08-06-2007, 07:15 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick check-in before I head to the gym. We have a soft rain falling this morning - the first in two weeks so the garden is sighing happily.
Back later.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 208/196/150

Height: 5'7

Morning Ladies, first day of school here for the kiddos so it was kinda hectic around here. I managed to get my workout before I got her up, so all was good. Time to get started on the housework, you ladies have a good day!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Allie, Ouch! Keep slathering on that aloe and stay cool! Are you taking any meds right now? Sometimes that will cause a reaction with the sun, thus causing your sunburn. An oatmeal bath sounds pretty soothing, too.

Noleschick, happy first day back to school! Good for you, getting up early for your workout! I have to get mine in first thing, too, or I'll just procrastinate about it the rest of the day.

Ruth, I hope you have a good limbering-up workout at the gym! I'm back from mine, it feels good to have it done for the day. I have a mental picture in my head of your beautiful garden rejoicing in the rain.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:14 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hey guess what. I'm tired. Going to say hi real quick and go back to bed for a few. Hi. I'll pop in later on chicks. Hope everyone has a good start to their day!

Lisa
Old 08-06-2007, 08:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies,
So here it is Monday and actually it's kind of a relief this week. After stressing out all weekend about work, I can actually dig in and try to make some good progress this week. I just put the crockpot turkey cacciatore on, and I'll let you all know how it turns out. My turkey breast was a little too big, and I really had to cram it in there. I've got a telecon this morning, then I'll jump in the car and make the long drive to VA for a staff meeting this afternoon. When I get home tonight, it'll be nice to have dinner all ready!

It's raining pretty steady here, so my garden is very happy, but I didn't get to take my walk, oh bother. Maybe I can motivate to get one in tonight. I'll need it after all the car time.

Wow JennJenn, your kids really start back early! Mine have got three weeks left.
Allie, sorry about your miserable sunburn. Noxzema cold creme slathered on there really helps too!
cottage, I know you'll be glad to get your house back. There's nothing like the quiet after the house has emptied out. Can you tell I'm really looking forward to that first day of school?
Good morning Ruth, glad you enjoyed the chicken!
noleschick, hope your first day goes by quickly.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Mornin!
Allie -- That's so funny we're neighbors. Though I'm actually moving out the burbs come September -- boyfriend and I are going to move in together in Watertown (yikes!) I can't imagine how you got yourself such a bad sunburn -- as for me, I was hiding indoors with the windows shut and the AC going! I'm glad to see it's going to cool down today...though i'm not that psyched about the rain.
Noleschick -- be strong in front of the bagels!
Ruth -- thanks for the reminder -- I have to water my plants!
Jenn -- hope she likes the first day!
As for me, Im reaching the end of Phase 1, today being my last day. Total weight loss was 6 lbs, a bit disappointing, but I don't really trust a greater weight loss than that anyway. I'm excited to try new things for Phase 2 tomorrow!! Especially wine!!!
Good day, everyone!
--Sonja
Old 08-06-2007, 08:26 AM   #10  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

My son came home with a bad sunburn on saturday too...he is the only one of my kids who burns. I went outside and cut up and scraped a bunch of aloe leaves for him to use then and also spent about another 1/2 hour scraping more to put in a container to keep in the fridge if he needed more..he didn't. Wish I could bring that container over to you!

I tried that pork tenderloin recipe yesterday that I had seen on TV..it was fantastic. I'm sure you could use the marinade on any other meat too. I am going to use it on some grilled chicken this week. It was soooo tasty and everyone in the family loved it.

For once, I got up to NO emails from clients..hope it stays that way today, but doubt it. I had a really nasty headache last night (sinus) so I took a couple of tylenol PM's and it knocked me out...I didn't wake up till 7 and I never sleep past 5 and I feel really stupid today.

Noles, I have one more week till I have to go back to school. Good luck on the first day...Are the kids coming today or is everyone just working on their classrooms? I like those "catching up with everyone days" when we can visit in everyone's classroom. I see you are in Marietta..ah, that's where Alton Brown lives isn't it? He started a new series on Sat. and the first episode was down here. He went to a local alligator farm (the map said "Hammond" but the farm is actually in the town where I teach.) I taught one of the kids whose parent's owns the farm. I took a class on a field trip there the year I taught the little girl. I was nervous the whole time that some kid would decide to climb the fence!
AB also went to a seafood place in N.O. that was a block from my daughter's old apt. I had to call her in California right away so she could watch it. Shouldn't have..it made her homesick.

Let's all have a great week!

Last edited by femmecreole; 08-06-2007 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Ladies. Supposed to be a HOT one today and getting nothing but warmer all week! After 4 days of back and forth on getting my 16 year old daughter here for the week I finally made the trip yesterday to pick her up. Will be nice to have her here for the week! Planning on shopping for an outfit for the class reunion next weekend, and getting a new do with her assistance. DS is taking her to see Hairspray today, so she is occupied while I am at work. You know teenagers they can't sit still for 30 mins without being bored! Now I know why my mother forbid me to use that word!

Cottage I know what you mean about the house being a wreck! DD is sleeping in the living room on one of those HUGE blow up mattresses and I had to walk around her this morning. Also sure to find a sink full of dishes when I get home. How can they dirty soooooo many?

Allie Hope that burn gets better and you can sleep tonight, nothing worse than that!

Noelschick Hope they don't meeting you out today and tons of willpower dust to you!

Lisa Hope you get some rest! Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Schmoodle Have a safe trip, hope that dinner is good, nothing like coming home and just having to scoop it up!

Sonja Good job on your phase 1 weight loss, I think that is about what I lost too. Enjoy phase 2 but take it nice and slow!

Ruth and Jenn Have a great day!

Ok going to catch up on other posts, check with you all later.

Steph
Old 08-06-2007, 09:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all.

Today I start a new project, so I'm going to be reading reams of documentation just to get ready to test the software for 2 weeks! Gotta love corporate, they make it so hard to do any job, and then they expect you to be an expert in all fields at all times. If I were a salaried employee, I would've taken the docs home to read this weekend, but I'm hourly, and they won't pay me if I'm not physically in the office - so no working from home for me

I know already tomorrow is going to be a bad day eating wise for me. I've got a 1pm appointment for my 2nd epidural for my back. By the time I get out of that, DH will want lunch, and I'm not going to be able to make him anything, and it'll just be easier to get something from a fast food place. Dinner as well. I'm thinking Pizza. There's a place who will make a ww pizza with lowfat cheese, so I'm thinking about ordering that. DH likes it, so all the better.

Time to bury myself in HL7 and Dicom documents... wish me luck!!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 10:08 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Grrrrrr! While I was out, Lucy ate my glasses! It's been six months since she did it the last time and I thought I was safe. I found all the pieces of glass on the couch and doubt that she ate any.

I think I'll just go back to bed and start the day over again!
Old 08-06-2007, 10:21 AM   #14  

Good Morning Girls,
I made it thru the weekend without sweets!!!!! I am so proud of myself. I do have a question, is it normal to not have much energy and feel sick to your stomach? I feel like this everyday, especially in the morning. I drink milk with my medicine, then when I get to work I usually have a cheese stick. Around 10 I eat my eggs, or what I have brought for an actual breakfast. I just can't eat eggs early.
Other than that I am back to work and happy to be inside. This morning it was already 84 at 5:00. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:23 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning Chickies!

Sorry for not checking in at all this weekend. DH's friend was here from out of town and we were running around like crazy! I'll check back on the posts from this weekend later.

Cottage: Yeah! You get your computer back! Our house is a wreck, too. I'll be working on that tonight after training. I bet you'll enjoy all the peace and quiet coming up!

Allie: So sorry about that sunburn. I haven't had any experience in that department, but I've heard it's extremely painful. Hope it heals up quickly!

noleschick: WTG getting your meals together and planned out so you avoid the dreaded PTA food. Hope the meetings finish up quickly so that you can get to your room!

Ruth: Glad for you and the garden that it's raining!

Jenn: Goodness, your kiddos start school early! Are you going to be glad for the peace and quiet or will you miss them more?

Lisa: Get some rest, honey! Hope you're sleeping peacefully as I type!

Schmoodle: I love crock pot dinners. They're the best! Hope that turkey turns out to be delicious.

Sonja: WTG on the 6 lbs! I think that's a great loss for P1! Now that you're moving into P2, you'll really start to see the changes!

femme: Hope your email stays empty for the day! I know what you mean about sleeping so long/deeply that you wake up feeling, well, dumb. That's about where I am this morning. Hope the day is a good one for you!

Steph: Oh how fun getting your hair done with DD! And I bet she'll help you pick out a great outfit for the reunion!

mare: I would absolutely LOVE it if I were paid hourly. Sounds like your job is more stressful than what I would want to deal with, though. Hope you get through all of that reading quickly!

ME:

This weekend was a good one for me eating-wise, but I didn't get a workout in on Sunday. I figure that can be my day of rest for the week. The scale still hasn't budged and actually, my ticker is lying. I do believe that it's because of the weight training I'm doing and that I'm building up muscle and losing fat right now. At least I hope that's what's going on.

I'm going to get it together tonight and do my full meal plan for the rest of the week and next week, so that I'll be sure not to cheat. I'm probably going to go back to D1 of P2 and start over with the carbs. I'll probably start that Thursday because Wednesday night is my birthday, and let's face it, I'm eating cake!

Well, I need to go pull some files and do some deed research. I hope everyone has a great day and that it's beachy!
Closed Thread