Carb Counters - Not wanting red meat

View Full Version : Not wanting red meat

callystia
08-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Has this happened to anyone else on Atkins? I just seem to be drawn much more strongly to fish and chicken than to beef. Pork is an occasional indulgence, but it's not something I really crave.

Just wondering if I'm the only one.

Puncezilla
08-06-2007, 02:20 PM
I have been eating a lot less red meat also. I dont know why my desire for steak has gone way down. I still dont eat a lot of fish, mostly chicken and pork. I love salmon but its so expensive most of the year, I bought a whole wild fresh one yesterday for $5, for dinner tonight. :hungry: I have to enjoy it while its in season. Its usualy $10 or more for a small fillet.

KimberMonkey
08-08-2007, 06:34 PM
I have had the same experience and for me I think its that what I really liked was all the "fixins" that went with red meat in the way I ate before low carb. I loved steak (still do, but less often than before), but I never ate one without a loaded baked potato and some type of bread. I loved burgers, but I think it was the "whole package" I liked so much. I never crave burgers now!
I too have really been experimenting alot with fish, chicken, and pork...as well as new veggies, and I guess its because we are having to find new things to keep our diets interesting and tasty. All in all, it has been a wonderful experience for me.