Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #1  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

Default Effective exercises to do at home...

Is there any effective exercises that can be done at home.... Must one venture outside in order for exercise to be effective in losing weight
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:23 PM   #2  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Sit ups, push ups, leg lifts, running in place, walking - can be done inside. Tons of strengthening and stretching can be done inside. If you have extra $$, equipment can be bought to use inside. I guess I am missing part of the question? Do you mean stuff for free inside, or just in general?

I live in WA state, so I have to have options to do exercise inside or else I'd lose half my exercise days due to weather.
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:28 PM   #3  
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm a sucker for workout videos. 99% of them are SO ridiculous, but i just laugh my way threw them and it's worked for me! best part you can lock yourself in your room so no one can see you sweat it out!
MangoKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I was really into exercise dvd's for awhile, and burnt myself out. Now there's only a few that I throw in now and then. I bought a fold up exercise bike for just $120 or so on amazon dot com and I really like it. I can watch tv and cruise, and it doesn't take up much room. And I have three sets of dumbells - 8, 12 and 15 and I do dumbell workouts every other night for just 20 minutes or so. Of course you can work out at home, many do and lose a lot of weight - and tone up. The books with routines on dumbells say they are better then gym weights anyways. And although they say cardio machines are expensive the one I found is just great. There's also jumping rope, walking in place, a mini trampoline... use your imagination.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

OK this is silly and something to be done spontaneously but the other day I put something in the microwave that had to cook for 5 min. My son is 5 and decided to play a game with me chasing him around the house. I told him that if he could keep away from me until the "bell" rang he was the winner. If I caught him before that I got to tickle him. I know it's silly and goofy and not really an exercise but at the end of those 5 min my heart rate was up and we had a nice time. It's kind of our new thing anytime I use the microwave.
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Kathy K. has a book Celebrity Fitness or something like that - and in the book she talks about how limited her time is, so she does exercises while cooking, squats in the shower, and other exercises while just doing house stuff...
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote