General chatter - College Football

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : College Football

EZMONEY
08-03-2007, 11:32 PM
With college football just around the corner I thought it was time to start a COLLEGE FOOTBALL ONLY thread. That way we can keep it separate from the PRO FOOTBALL one my dear friend MICHELE started.

I am a huge USC fan. I rooted for them as a kid back in the O.J. days ~ followed them through the Ricky Bell ~ Charles White days when my girlfriend went to school there. The Marcus Allen years. I have been to a couple of Rose bowl games...way back.

My son grew up a USC fan thanks to my brainwashing and a love for them himself. Because of his love and following of USC football, a few years back he was able to make conversation with a very pretty girl during a "meet and greet" for students working on their teaching credential. She graduated from USC and was a :cheer2: cheerleader there. I will never forget the day he came home and told me about her...thanking me for "encouraging" him to be a USC fan, so he had something to talk about.

The love of USC football was something that my dad and I had to share together...as well as many of my friends. I could not begin to tell you how many game day parties we have had over the last 40+ years with family and friends. My son actually called me today to tell me that his tickets for the games he is going to this year came in.

WE have had a great run, the last 5 years...it looks like we will continue to have good seasons for a few more to come, with the talent we have. Maybe even another NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP :shrug:

WELCOME ALL COLLEGE FOOTBALL FANS!

Oh...that pretty girl my son met from USC...she is my :love: daughter in law :love:

Rhighlan86
08-04-2007, 12:41 AM
WVU ALL THE WAY!! :cheer2: I love college football so much! I can't wait for the season to start. Last year I got to go to all kinds of great games cause I was in the Pride of WV Marching Band. Prime seats for the Gator Bowl :D. This year though I am a senior and too busy for the band, but not too busy for the games. I am already saving for whatever bowl game we go to. Also, I am legally able to have fun in the student section this year ;) It's gonna be a lot of fun. I can't wait! :carrot:

~EZ - My family is the same way, my dad and his two brothers both went to WVU, along with my mom, my brother, many other family members, and my best friends from high school. I also met my wonderful boyfriend of nearly two years here! I was always told that I bled blue and gold and I definately believe it! I love hearing stories about how people met their SO at college. It just seems like the perfect place.

I have to say though I have watched some USC football and you guys are amazing! I was so hoping that we were going to go to the Rose Bowl last year :) I would've loved to come out that way and not only be in the Rose Parade (my favorite!!!),but be at the game. It was funny because all kinds of people that I knew were getting ready to buy tickets to come out there. We are a traveling team. At the Gator Bowl this year there were more Mountaineers there than people from Georgia lol!

EZMONEY
08-04-2007, 01:17 AM
Welcome BECKY ~ I wish YOU were in the Rose Bowl last year and we were in the National Championship game...but that dang cross town rival of ours UCLA took us out of it! The Rose Bowl game and parade are really neat to be a part of.

Looking forward to many visits with you! It was a very long time ago...35 years...but I do remember the student section of the SC games...way cool!

Rhighlan86
08-04-2007, 01:24 AM
I would love actually playing a challenging team. Our first few games these past couple of years have been pathetic. They are more or less like scrimages. I enjoy the student section, it's a lot of fun to be there. I have say all over the stadium but so far I have to say the student section is the best. My dad says he thought that too at the time, but I tried to get him to sit there with me cause i can get guest tickets and he said no way he would take his ticket over in the regular part lol. I guess once you get older it's not as much fun being with the drunken college kids :lol:

EZMONEY
08-04-2007, 01:36 AM
Us OLD guys just don't have the energy anymore Kiddo!

Rhighlan86
08-04-2007, 02:05 AM
:lol: Well there are times that I don't have energy for the student section either.

lizziness
08-04-2007, 05:39 AM
just like to chime in and say GO DUCKS!

doesn't mean much to me but it does to my hubby - he's got his tix all ready. :)

Slashnl
08-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Go Big Red! Gotta love my huskers. I've had to be pretty quiet in the past few years because they haven't been the team of old, but hopefully they're coming back. It's kind of tough living in CU Buff country, but I still remain true to the huskers.

I have to say that USC has been absolutely amazing over the recent years.

I think this is good to have a separate thread for college football. Mixing with the pro talk makes it confusing!

EZMONEY
08-07-2007, 12:15 AM
SEPTEMBER 15th DIANE mark it on you calendar...

IT'S ON GIRL!

Clydegirl
08-07-2007, 12:47 AM
I have to go with the Gators. Hubs is a huge fan and he never misses a game.

EZMONEY
08-07-2007, 12:54 AM
I have to go with the Gators. Oh you do do ya? Are you always this hard to get along with? Hubs is a huge fan so~ get your own team and he never misses a game.

;)

KylieH
08-07-2007, 01:05 AM
I've been excited as the mornings have had just a little bite to them, enough to say football's coming! So, I had to chime in for my alma maters: Washington State University and University of Southern Miss! Go Cougs/Eagles!

EZMONEY
08-19-2007, 11:17 PM
KYLIEH ~ i thought I might be rooting a little for the Cougars when I built a house in Kennewick...never could leave my TROJANS though, but could pull a little for th home team. Didn't matter...built it and sold it before football season that year ;)

Just about everyone has USC ranked #1 ~ I sure hope they go wire to wire ~ tough having that target on you back...but...if they win out they will be CHAMPIONS!! :carrot:

Rhighlan86
08-19-2007, 11:49 PM
#3 Heck yeah. The only time in our schools history to be ranked 3rd in the preseason. Woohoo....go WVU!!!

GatorgalstuckinGA
08-20-2007, 10:07 PM
woohooo clyde girl. LETS GO GATOR!!!!! LETS GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
woohoo..i LOVE college football...however my new job may prevent me from seeing at lot of games...but i'll catch as many as i can!!!!!!

Rhighlan86
08-20-2007, 10:28 PM
The lists are out and it is official WVU is the #1 party school in America.:lol: I told my dbf when I saw this at least we are number 1 in something so far, but hey, I'm pretty happy with #3 for preseason. Let's just hope we live up to it! :cheers:

PurdueGal
08-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Go Purdue!
I am a student there now, so I have to root for my team!

EZMONEY
08-20-2007, 11:35 PM
woohooo clyde girl. LETS GO GATOR!!!!! LETS GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
woohoo..i LOVE college football...however my new job may prevent me from seeing at lot of games...but i'll catch as many as i can!!!!!!

Not YOU again..;)

EZMONEY
08-20-2007, 11:38 PM
Go Purdue!
I am a student there now, so I have to root for my team!

Two of my good friends at church, married, are Purdue grads! We don't bet college, but we bet a six pack on his BEARS against my RAIDERS for best record each year...I've been losing :(

EZMONEY
08-20-2007, 11:39 PM
The lists are out and it is official WVU is the #1 party school in America.:lol: I told my dbf when I saw this at least we are number 1 in something so far, but hey, I'm pretty happy with #3 for preseason. Let's just hope we live up to it! :cheers:

Do you invite the football team to the parties? They may drop in the polls if you do ;)

GatorgalstuckinGA
08-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Not YOU again..;)

like a ill mannered in law...you can't keep me away when we start talking college sports LMAO....you know you love it. (:

EZMONEY
08-22-2007, 12:33 AM
like a ill mannered in law...you can't keep me away when we start talking college sports LMAO....you know you love it. (:

I WOULD NOT want it any other way! Especially when my UCLA BRUINS get revenge this MARCH MADNESS ;)

Now back to football.....

My TROJANS have lost a couple of good players the last couple of days. Boys that want to transfer because of the competition...oh well.......life goes on!

NoVaVTFan
08-22-2007, 01:52 PM
I was so happy when I saw this thread! I am a HUGE Virginia Tech (Go Hokies!) fan and get so excited this time of year when football season is right around the corner. It's nice to know there are others on this site that share a love for football.

I grew up in Blacksburg, VA (home of VT) and my Dad has been a professor there for 20+ years, so VT will always have a special place in my heart. I didn't go to college there; went to another state college called JMU a couple of hours up the road, but that was basically the need to get outta Bburg for a few years and see what the rest of the world was like. (I found out you can't get much better than small town USA than in Blacksburg.) I never lost my love for VT through college, though, and have been cheering for the Hokies for years.

This season at Tech will be extra special because of the tragedy that took place there in April. I never thought something like that could happen in my quiet little hometown, and I'm not sure it will every really feel the same. I am looking forward to seeing how the Tech community comes together this season continues to cheer on the Hokies!

Good luck to everyone's teams this season!

junebug41
08-22-2007, 02:03 PM
As the future wife of a HUSKER, I would just like to say...

GO BUFFS

shananigans
08-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Go Big Red!

Hey, that's my line! :lol:

ON WISCONSIN!!!

Thanks for starting this thread Gary. I am so excited for this season! Our friends planned their wedding weekend so we could all go the opening game as part of the pre-wedding festivities, so well be going to the game with a crew of about 30 people.

I was so happy to catch a couple games at Camp Randall the end of last season. After watching most of my games from a bar in Brentwood, CA for a couple years, going to the games again was one of the best parts of coming home.

This season is going to be great, I plan to go to as many games as possible. It was kind of hard to see Barry go, the end of a really amazing era for the team, but Bret Bielema really stepped up and showed that he is a force to be reckoned with!

Now I just need to find a no calorie beer, and Ill be all set to enjoy the fall. :lol:

GO BUCKY!

http://www.lssaa.wisc.edu/careers/images/Bucky_Badger_no1_football01.jpg

EZMONEY
08-29-2007, 11:13 PM
WELL GALS ~ Starting tomorrow!

My USC TROJANS play Idaho Vandals on Saturday. I can honestly say that I have NEVER seen Idaho play. I don't believe it is going to be too tough for us!:)

Good luck in your games this week-end if you play!

Rhighlan86
08-30-2007, 12:11 AM
No we definately don't invite the football teams to the parties. They actually stay in a hotel room the night before home games to make sure that they keep the family atmosphere and stay focused.

First game is Saturday...is anyone else as excited as me? :) WVU vs Western Michigan

Rhighlan86
08-30-2007, 12:14 AM
NoVaVtFan....I miss us playing VT. That was one of the best games every year. Now we have the rivalry with Marshall instead and it's no where near compared to the rivalry between WVU and VT. I wish that we could still play each other cause those were real games! Last years Marshall vs WVU game was pretty much over early on and I have a feeling that it will be the same this year, but goodness the games between our teams were awesome. No matter who won I left saying wow that was a good game.

Clydegirl
08-30-2007, 12:21 AM
Gatorgal are you ready for Western Kentucky?

GatorgalstuckinGA
08-30-2007, 08:34 AM
helll yeah clyde girl..unfortunately i have to work...but i'm going to see if i can bring a tv...lol!!!!!! nothing like football season...i can't wait. I've slapped my gator decals on my truck...i love doing that in this gawd awful dawg loving state. Makes me very proud to be a gator living in GA.

Pita09
08-30-2007, 08:58 AM
Well I'm not really into football but since I live in the hometown of UGA, I just got to say:

GO DAWGS!!!

1TiredGradStudent
08-30-2007, 01:32 PM
IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!!!!

GO VOLS!!!!!

GatorgalstuckinGA
08-31-2007, 09:54 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GATORS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:carrot::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::c heer2::carrot:

CLCSC145
08-31-2007, 10:10 PM
I can't WAIT to watch USC tomorrow!!! The long wait for my Trojans to return to the Coliseum is finally over! Woo hoo!!! I have to say that my parents being life long SC fans is why I went there... Of course they weren't great back then, but who cares?! It's Trojan football! I actually feel sorry for Idaho to have to play them on their home turf especially when they've won their last 33 CONSECUTIVE home games and, well, because they aren't expected to score. :D:o:D:o

EZMONEY
08-31-2007, 10:51 PM
I can't WAIT to watch USC tomorrow!!! The long wait for my Trojans to return to the Coliseum is finally over! Woo hoo!!! I have to say that my parents being life long SC fans is why I went there... Of course they weren't great back then, but who cares?! It's Trojan football! I actually feel sorry for Idaho to have to play them on their home turf especially when they've won their last 33 CONSECUTIVE home games and, well, because they aren't expected to score. :D:o:D:o

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::
YEAH! GARY (THAT'S ME) HAS ANOTHER FAN!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

1TIREDGRADSTUDENT~Take care of CAL for us will ya? ;)

Rhighlan86
09-01-2007, 01:27 AM
It's GAMEDAY!!!! Kickoff in exactly 15 hours and 3 minutes. Heck yeah!!! GO WVU!!!! I'll be there a lot earlier than that but that's the fun in it. I've been excited all day!!!!!

It's the Gold and the Blue, Blue, Blue, Blue and we're coming for you, you ,you, you. Look out Western Michigan!

EZMONEY
09-01-2007, 10:03 AM
TODAY WE CONQUER

WE ARE SC!

FIGHT ON!

EZMONEY
09-01-2007, 08:21 PM
APPALACIAN STATE WHO? 34 ~ MICHIGAN 32

:lol::faint::lol::faint:

OH MY GOODNESS :D

CLCSC145
09-01-2007, 08:33 PM

I don't know how I can bear such joy! I'm feeling light-headed....

EZMONEY
09-01-2007, 08:40 PM
OH even BETTER C.C. Notre Dame was creamed today by Georgia Tech!!

Oh HAPPY DAY...OH HAPPY DAY

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-01-2007, 08:46 PM
and to make it better gary...the gators won...woohooo (i know you personally don't care...but i do)...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GATORSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Clydegirl
09-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Gatorgal the game wasn't on here , good to see they won.

EZMONEY
09-01-2007, 09:38 PM
and to make it better gary...the gators won...woohooo (i know you personally don't care...but i do)...

THAT IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE GATORGAL! I want all my gals teams to win...unless of course it is against my teams! ;) Why are you always trying to start trouble? ;)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GATORSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

And besides, my daughter in law's brother in law is a GATOR fan...my son and I have had some fun lately with the "rivalry"....

C~YA..........Gary.....PS...looks like you got yourself a QB!

murphmitch
09-01-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm a big U of IOWA Hawkeye fan. My daughter played in the band for four years and we loved going to the ban's pregame show. Just a huge pep rally with so much energy. Katie got to go to four bowl games in four years, one being with USC in the Orange Bowl. Not a pretty game for us. :( The most exciting was beating LSU in the last 6 seconds in 2005's Capital One Bowl. It was picked as one of the ten most exciting college plays of the bowl season by ESPN. I only wish that we had splurged and attended a bowl game while our daughter was there. We played Northern Illinois in Soldier's Field in Chicago today and were victorious! Kind of a rebuilding year for us. We sat in the students' section once, and only once when we played Wisconsin several years ago. There were a few Wisconsin students that managed to be sitting a few rows behind us. They were so drunk that halfway through the game they decided it was too much trouble to go to the men's room, so they just did their business in the stands! Never again will I sit in the students' section.

Rhighlan86
09-01-2007, 09:51 PM
GO 'EERS We won 62-21 woot woot :carrot::woohoo:

EZ our stadium cheered when they announced that michigan and notre dame lost! :cheer2:

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-01-2007, 10:56 PM
gary - you know i'm a trouble maker right :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

clydegirl - i didn't get to watch the game..had to work...but had a gf updating me with scores. maybe next week i can hunt down a small tv to bring to work with me LOL

i was happy to see michigan knocked off their high horse and loose. I'm tired of them.

CLCSC145
09-02-2007, 04:29 PM
I've been thinking about the USC vs. Idaho game last night. SC could learn a thing or two from Idaho's players. Those guys played with more heart for all 4 quarters than USC bothered to show at any point in the game! I found myself rooting for the little guy. Undersized, underexperienced, underskilled they were, but if games were won based on pure effort and spunk, they were the real winners last night. Come on, 15 freshmen? A redshirt freshman QB who hasn't played a game since high school? They certainly did not embarrass themselves at all.

I will say SC's tribute to Mario Danelo after their first touchdown was very touching...

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-02-2007, 07:39 PM
you are right gary...it does look like tebow is gonna be a pretty good QB...i didn't get to see the game (was at work) but what i read and the highlights i saw looked pretty good. I just would love to see another one of his slam dunks like he did last year...i think donovan taught him a few moves LMAO

EZMONEY
09-02-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm a big U of IOWA Hawkeye fan. My daughter played in the band for four years and we loved going to the ban's pregame show. Just a huge pep rally with so much energy. Katie got to go to four bowl games in four years, one being with USC in the Orange Bowl. Not a pretty game for us. :( The most exciting was beating LSU in the last 6 seconds in 2005's Capital One Bowl. It was picked as one of the ten most exciting college plays of the bowl season by ESPN. I only wish that we had splurged and attended a bowl game while our daughter was there. We played Northern Illinois in Soldier's Field in Chicago today and were victorious! Kind of a rebuilding year for us. We sat in the students' section once, and only once when we played Wisconsin several years ago. There were a few Wisconsin students that managed to be sitting a few rows behind us. They were so drunk that halfway through the game they decided it was too much trouble to go to the men's room, so they just did their business in the stands! Never again will I sit in the students' section.

How AWESOME ANNE! For your daughter and you to experience that! I sat in the student section of USC games back in '73 - '75...it was crowded but, nope, never got :rain: on ;)

GO 'EERS We won 62-21 woot woot :carrot::woohoo:

EZ our stadium cheered when they announced that michigan and notre dame lost! :cheer2:

Now that is what I like to :listen: hear! But then if SC had played and lost I am SURE it would have been the same ;)....as it should be! :)

gary - you know i'm a trouble maker right :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Why else would you be my FAVORITE vet?

clydegirl - i didn't get to watch the game..had to work...but had a gf updating me with scores. maybe next week i can hunt down a small tv to bring to work with me LOL

i was happy to see michigan knocked off their high horse and loose. I'm tired of them.

Aren't we all? except maybe my buddy at church (who didn't come last night...wonder why?) Pastor even had it in his sermon!! About expect the unexpected and nothing is for sure except through Jesus.

I've been thinking about the USC vs. Idaho game last night. SC could learn a thing or two from Idaho's players. Those guys played with more heart for all 4 quarters than USC bothered to show at any point in the game! I found myself rooting for the little guy. Undersized, underexperienced, underskilled they were, but if games were won based on pure effort and spunk, they were the real winners last night. Come on, 15 freshmen? A redshirt freshman QB who hasn't played a game since high school? They certainly did not embarrass themselves at all.

I will say SC's tribute to Mario Danelo after their first touchdown was very touching...

C.C. ~ I too was a little disappointed about half way through the second quarter. Idaho played BIGThat was an awesome tribute! My son and his buddies were watching at Hooters here in Oceanside and they were all texting me making sure I saw it!

you are right gary...it does look like tebow is gonna be a pretty good QB...Yea, I'm NOT too excited about it :no: But as long as it doesn't hurt my TROJANS good luck to ya! :hug:i didn't get to see the game (was at work) but what i read and the highlights i saw looked pretty good. I just would love to see another one of his slam dunks like he did last year...i think donovan taught him a few moves LMAO

All in all...excluding MICHIGAN...I think most games went as expected. SC is off next week...probably a good thing...re-group.... and re-focus....hype is hype...their second half would not have beat most teams they play.

Enjoy your teams!

shananigans
09-06-2007, 04:11 PM
I forgot about this thread! Too busy with the wedding and recovering from the wedding and getting back to normal.

Of course the Badgers kicked the Washington Cougars, no contest! 21 - 42, it was so awesome to sit in the student section with so many alumni friends, it was like old times. :) We danced like crazy in the 5th quarter, it was so awesome.

All of Camp Randall cheered every time the scoreboard showed an update for that game. It was great :devil:

Late game at UNLV this Saturday, probably going to catch this one at the bar. I can't wait for conference games, we're playing Iowa 9/22 so watch out!

Lost_here84
09-06-2007, 04:27 PM
OSU

I LOVE MY BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!

Shay
09-06-2007, 05:45 PM
The history of being Gator fans for my family began with me. At least my mom. My stepfather is from Georgia so we know who he likes. Anyways....I was the first one in my family to attend and graduate from college. I started a trend now everyone in my immediate family has a degree. I graduated from UF in 94. Everyone that knows me knows about my love for the Gators. I've attended a few of the DCGators game watching parties. I actually prefer to watch the games alone. It can get scary. Even my bf stays away most times.

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-07-2007, 09:53 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GATORSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

EZMONEY
09-08-2007, 03:27 PM
POLLS going in to today's games ~

AP TOP 25

#1 ~ USC ~ 59 1st Place votes

#4 ~ florida~ 0 1st place votes

COACHE'S POLL

#1 ~ USC ~ 49 1st Pace votes

#3 ~ florida ~ 7 WHAT? 1st Place votes

Just thought you all might like to know ;)

No game for us today.....I can't lose :p

CLCSC145
09-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Woo Hoo, USC!!! I normally don't like a bye week so early (come on, we just got them back), but this time I'm hoping they are resting, healing, and gearing up for the long road ahead - the road to New Orleans!

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-08-2007, 09:19 PM
just wait gary...its only week 2...we'll see where uf and usc stands in a few weeks. right now they are doing a pretty good job of terrorizing troy.

EZMONEY
09-08-2007, 11:35 PM
Oh I know they are GATORGIRL ~ I have been flippin' stations all day, I have ESPN PPV so the GATORS are on...they are doing well from what I see...just where is the high school TROY is from anyway?

EZMONEY
09-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Loved seeing Notre Dame get waxed again!

Shay
09-09-2007, 01:55 AM
Now that Western Kentucky and Troy are out of the way the season really begins for the GATORS. Eight SEC games in a row. To me the Tennessee game sets the tone for the season. If there are two things I really hate to hear are that d... Rocky Top Song and lets not get started on that make you wanna hurt someone FSU song!

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-09-2007, 09:12 PM
lol at like noother..i'm with you...rocky top and that damn chomp drive me batty. But i'm looking forward to being off all next weekend...i will get to watch the uf tenn game...woohoo

murphmitch
09-09-2007, 11:54 PM
I'm really bummed. All our games (IOWA HAWKEYES) are broadcast on the Big Ten network now and we subscribe to Mediacom Cable who has chosen not to carry due to a dispute over their contract. This means we can only watch games on Direct TV & Dish network which we don't have. This weekend we had to go to a friend's house to watch the game. Anyone else have this problem?

EZMONEY
09-10-2007, 12:08 AM
Because MY USC TROJANS are from Los Angeles, we don't get all of the games here unless they are on ABC...since they have been real good for 5 years now I can see most of them. Our issue here is that FOX televises them in Los Angeles but our cable company will not pick them up here...something about cox and warner...I'm not sure of details but it sucks. I think I will see almost all of the games this year, plus I have PPV of ESPN so I have a better chance if one isn't televised here.

It does suck....but the Notre Dame is always on NBC because of their deal....isn't doing them any good this year....hahahahahaha

Slashnl
09-10-2007, 11:14 AM
So, Gary, my Huskers have to face your Trojans. Scary!
Take it easy on them, would ya??!!

shananigans
09-10-2007, 03:51 PM
That sucks that so many of you have cable issues preventing you from watching the games.

Badgers win again this last weekend, but it was kind of a disappointing game. Our defense needs to tighten up, I do not like to see us looking sloppy out there. On the other hand, our passing game is looking pretty good! UNLV has some interesting running plays.

Playing the Citadel early this Saturday, which means I'll be drinking beer by 11 am. Man, being a football fan is hard sometimes. ;)

EZMONEY
09-12-2007, 12:21 AM
So, Gary, my Huskers have to face your Trojans. Scary!
Take it easy on them, would ya??!!

Yep DIANE a big game for both of us. To be honest I am a little worried after the way the TROJANS played 2 weeks ago, but then Pete Carroll knows what to do. Good luck but I hope I win! ;) Besides, Callahan broke my heart many times coaching my Raiders ;)...nah, I actually like him. See ya Saturday night!!

FIGHT ON!

shananigans
09-12-2007, 02:58 PM
We just scored student vouchers for the game this saturday! And they're senoir vouchers so we can sit anywhere in the student sections. Yaaaaay! Here I come section O!

:carrot::dance::hyper::broc::cb:

EZMONEY
09-12-2007, 06:37 PM
ON WISCONSIN!

Congratulations SHANANIGANS!!:carrot:

LondonJulz
09-13-2007, 12:42 AM
I would have to say a huge :woohoo: for my FLORIDA GATORS !!!! I have loved them since 1996, and will love them til I die - hoping they have cable in heaven so I still won't have to miss a game.... :lol:

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-13-2007, 08:41 AM
can't wait for this sat...3.30pm kickoff. I actually am not working this weekend so i get to enjoy the game in all its glory...got to love it ....whooohooo. go gators!

EZMONEY
09-13-2007, 08:56 AM
I would have to say a huge :woohoo: for my FLORIDA GATORS !!!! I have loved them since 1996, and will love them til I die - hoping they have cable in heaven so I still won't have to miss a game.... :lol:

Oh JULZ ~ they will cable in heaven all right....so you can watch USC beat FLORIDA on a last second field goal...in MY heaven anyway ;) Enjoy your game Saturday.

can't wait for this sat...3.30pm kickoff. I actually am not working this weekend so i get to enjoy the game in all its glory...got to love it ....whooohooo. go gators!

Enjoy your gatorsGAL ;)

Rhighlan86
09-13-2007, 06:43 PM
I love Thursday night games! Makes my week just that much better.LETS GO EERS!!!

EZMONEY
09-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Have a great game tonight BECKY

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-13-2007, 09:13 PM
[QUOTE=EZMONEY;1852337]Oh JULZ ~ they will cable in heaven all right....so you can watch USC beat FLORIDA on a last second field goal...in MY heaven anyway ;) Enjoy your game Saturday.

lol at gary...boy you have delisions of gradure huh LMAO UF would win by a landslide

EZMONEY
09-13-2007, 09:15 PM
not talkin basketball here gatornewlywed

junebug41
09-14-2007, 12:49 PM
EZ- I'm moving over to the dark side for ONE GAME ONLY...

DF (A Nebraska native and a Husker) got tickets to the USC-Nebraska game in Lincoln this weekend and as a Buff I will be struck down if I was to cheer for the huskers so for a few short hours I will be a Trojan :D

EZMONEY
09-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Welcome to TROJAN NATION! JUNEBUG!...tried to get black and gold for ya :)

I hope WE treat you right, even if it's only for a day!

My best friend is a HUSKER but has eased his "interest" in them over the years. Now, on the other hand, my son has a couple of buddies that are really FANS! I hope, for our sake they play better than two weeks ago.

FIGHT ON!

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-15-2007, 09:47 AM
hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee comessssssss the gatorssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss can you tell i'm looking forward to kickoff...woohooo

EZMONEY
09-15-2007, 09:53 AM
I can tell. Good luck and enjoy your day off kiddo :)

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-15-2007, 10:28 AM
thanks gary..i'm looking forward to 2 days off in a row. Very nice. !!!!

EZMONEY
09-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Way to run up the score GATORS....

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-15-2007, 07:53 PM
run up the score??????? i don't know what you mean gary??? a lead by 29...nahhh that's no running up the score. in the old days we'd win by 50 LMAO

I said its great to be a florida gator said its great to be a florida gator!!!!!!!!

this game rocks!!!! there were a few close moments...but i'm LOVING this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
woohooooo got to love Tebow. he is a great QB

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-15-2007, 08:10 PM
okay maybe we are running the score up..however if UT can't stop our secondary team...then it really isn't running up the board...its poor playing on UT's part. another score for UF...woohoooooo

EZMONEY
09-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Never Ever blame the second string for trying to score...but TEBOW still in with minutes left and that lead...has me shaking my head...look what just happened to FINCH....

nice game KID

I saw quite a bit of it...kept checking in between that one, and other games while I watched my DODGERS

LondonJulz
09-15-2007, 10:22 PM
All I have to say is:

:carrot::bravo::cb::cp::jig::dance::hat::dancer: :flame: :high::woohoo::cheer2::congrat::broc::cheer: :yay:

Yes... what a GAME!!!! I watched the first half at my parents house, when I left the score was 28-20. I had a 3 hour drive home and couln't find a station that was playing the game, so I was left in the dark until I FINALLY found an AM station with bad reception carrying the game. I caught that there was 50 seconds left in the game, TN offense SUCKED against the Gator defense and that the score was 59-20!!!! WOW!! Tim Tebow is an AWESOME quarterback. I got to see some great plays from him when I was able to watch the game. According to the Gatorzone website, this victory marks the first time in school history that the Gators have opened the season scoring 45 or more points in the first 3 games! It is ALSO the first time since 1986 that the Gators have scored 38 or more points in 5 consecutive games ... the haven't lost to the schools 3 biggest rivals (Georgia, Tennessee, and Florida State) since 2004...and, according to the trivia question during the game, there are only 2 other coaches who have defeated the TN coach 3 years in a row.... Steve Spurrier being one of them....yes, my friends, this is how National Champions play.

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!

Shay
09-15-2007, 10:40 PM
I agree with GatorgalstuckinGa: Its great to be a Florida GATOR!! I'm watching the Alabama and Arkansas game now. I'm one of those that like to watch as many SEC games as possible so I now what's going on.

EZMONEY
09-16-2007, 01:36 AM
It sure was a lot easier than I thought it would be...the game was so over in the first few minutes of the 3rd. Too bad are 2nd and 3rd team gave up 21 in the 4th...but that is Pete's favorite game...when he can play everyone early in the game! Prepares them for their futures! Nebraska did look good for 1/2 a quarter.

FIGHT ON FOR 'OL SC!

CLCSC145
09-16-2007, 01:56 AM
It sure was a lot easier than I thought it would be...the game was so over in the first few minutes of the 3rd. Too bad are 2nd and 3rd team gave up 21 in the 4th...but that is Pete's favorite game...when he can play everyone early in the game! Prepares them for their futures! Nebraska did look good for 1/2 a quarter.

FIGHT ON FOR 'OL SC!

So true! I think that fans of other teams use USC's final scores as ammunition to "prove" that their teams are better. Personally, I would rather see the younger new guys get a chance to get experience. Other teams would rather play their first string the whole game and humiliate their opponent. Pete Carroll wants to win, but doesn't care much about the final score.

LOVE my Trojans!

Slashnl
09-16-2007, 11:06 AM
Sad day.... my poor Huskers. Congrats to USC, though!

What about that Utah/UCLA game? Wow! What happened there????

JayEll
09-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Go UTES!
Jay

CLCSC145
09-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Oh Diane, wasn't that UCLA/Utah game the WORST? I thought they had a great chance to do well this year (even though it's sacrilege in my family to say that - die hard Trojans, the lot of us). Utah is a good team, though. I think they get ignored because of their conference. Couple that with some bad mistakes on UCLA's part and you end up with a nasty upset like yesterday. Ugh. I generally root for USC and any team that is playing UCLA, Notre Dame, or Michigan, but I wouldn't wish yesterday's carnage on any team!

EZMONEY
09-16-2007, 09:48 PM
I am kind of BI on it ;)....USC really needs all the Pac 10 teams to do well, makes our strength of schedule stronger in the BCS voting! I always pull for Pac 10 teams unless it hurts my TROJANS.

That being said....my roots for SC FOOTBALL go back as far as my UCLA BASKETBALL ones do...over 40 years! I grew up as a kid when SC with o.j. (past him now! :mad:) and those John Wooden years at UCLA. I have never switched...UCLA #1 basketball #2 football and reverse for USC.

My son, brainwashed from birth, is the same way...it just kills his wife, my :love: daughter in law :love: USC :cheer: cheerleader and alumni from a few years ago. Son and I lay low on the basketball match-ups between the two. ;)

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-17-2007, 12:54 PM
oka so i can maybe see USC being umber 1 (heaven forbid an SEC team be 1 LOL), but why is LSU no 2 and not flordia??? guess we'll just have to see what happens when we meet up with them!!!!!!

alinnell
09-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Go UTES!
Jay

I'm glad I'm not their only fan here!!! DH and DD wore their U of U T-shirts to work and school today to flaunt that win! (DH and I are U of U alumni).

junebug41
09-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Well, that was boring. :lol:

I gotta say, though, those Huskers sure know how to tailgate! We had a fabulous time even though the home team lost. I wasn't as wowed by USC as I thought I would be. The Huskers outdid them with class, but that loss was much uglier in person. It was still cool to see both teams in action and USC definitely brought their game to Lincoln.

Also, as a band kid, I was really excited to see USC's band, but they played the same 3 notes over and over :shrug: what's that about?

alinnell
09-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Also, as a band kid, I was really excited to see USC's band, but they played the same 3 notes over and over :shrug: what's that about?

A girl from my DD's high school is the baton twirler for USC this year. I was really hoping to see her! But these days the only people who see the half-time show are the ones that are there at the stadium. DD has USC marked as one of her "dream" schools--she'd really love to be in their marching band.

junebug41
09-17-2007, 03:38 PM
That would be such a wonderful experience for her. I did it my first year in college and would have stuck with it had I not transferred out. I will never forget standing on the fields at UT, LSU, the Superdome, etc... And the USC band is such an institution, which is why I was sort of let down that they went all the way to Lincoln and only played the same 3-note riff. They did sound really good, though and were very loud even though they only traveled with limited brass and drumline.

EZMONEY
09-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Aw geeez GATORVET wadda ya want? they're moving up a spot each game. Man, a few championships after 100 years and you get greedy ;)

Congrats on your win ALLISON.

JUNEBUG Sorry the band couldn't do better for you. It kind of reminded me of the Rose Bowl in 1973, USC was playing Ohio State, my girlfriend went there and we went to all the games, but she was in Hawaii, with her family, on winter break, for the Rose Bowl. I had my ticket, she gave hers to my dad and we got her roommates ticket. I took my buddy, who wasn't much of a fan of football, but he was on leave from the Navy, thought it would be a nice thing. All he did was complain everytime USC scored because the band was too loud for him! He had to listen after 6 touchdowns....poor baby ;) Thanks for the "cheers"....but seriously...a little rude...guys from L.A. ~ Hollywood ~ jocks with silver spoons ~ hanging out with Snoop Dog and Will Ferrell....rude...nah...couldn't be...;)

murphmitch
09-18-2007, 12:36 AM
Well, that was boring. :lol:

I gotta say, though, those Huskers sure know how to tailgate! We had a fabulous time even though the home team lost. I wasn't as wowed by USC as I thought I would be. The Huskers outdid them with class, but that loss was much uglier in person. It was still cool to see both teams in action and USC definitely brought their game to Lincoln.

My daughter was in the band at Iowa and she said the same thing when we played USC in the Orange bowl a few years ago. She said "at least we have the better band, Mom. They kept playing the same thing over & over again".
:D

EZMONEY
09-18-2007, 01:16 AM
AW come on gals :^: It's the song we always play after we SCORE

don't hate us because we score a lot! ;)

FIGHT ON!

CLCSC145
09-18-2007, 02:10 AM
I will fully admit, the song is only pleasant if you love USC ;). We don't get tired of hearing it (okay, sometimes we do, but given that it's played when they do anything well, it's easier to overlook), and I am pretty sure they only do it to annoy the heck out of their opponents. As for the band not being impressive at the Huskers game, they only travel with a small bit of the band generally. If you ever happen to be at an SC game at home in the Coliseum, be sure to stay after the game is over. The band puts on an impromptu concert in front of the student section for a 1/2 hour plus. Sometimes the football players stay too if it was a big win. Very cool!

murphmitch
09-18-2007, 02:24 AM
Our band has a pre-game show that is awesome! I enjoy it almost as much as the game. After the game they always put on a show and sing the "In Heaven There Is No Beer" song. It's a tradition. They also put on their hats backwards. It's a riot. Then they put their arms around each other's shoulders and sing the alumni song. Very emotional. :hug:

They also play "Hey Jude" between the 3rd & 4th quarters. Really gets the crowd singing.

I love marching bands. I wish that the TV stations would show more of the bands during game broadcasts, especially during bowl games. We band parents want to see our kids on TV too!

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-18-2007, 08:44 AM
lol gary - yep i am greedy...but i do think they deserve being above lsu (:

EZMONEY
09-18-2007, 10:04 AM
I will fully admit, the song is only pleasant if you love USC ;). :love: I DO! :love: We don't get tired of hearing it (okay, sometimes we do, WHAT!? but given that it's played when they do anything well, it's easier to overlook), and I am pretty sure they only do it to annoy the heck out of their opponents............

All those touchdowns we score doesn't hurt either ;)

........... After the game they always put on a show and sing the "In Heaven There Is No Beer" song. WHAT? No beer in heaven...are you serious? It's a tradition. They also put on their hats backwards. Oh I see...the bad drank all the beer ;)

We band parents want to see our kids on TV too!

You bet they do! And the parents and kids deserve it too! Unfortunately that doesn't sell anymore...so sick of hearing the same O "smack" talk from the announcers...that's what fans are for!

lol gary - yep i am greedy...but i do think they deserve being above lsu (:

I think everybody deserves to be ahead of LSU...except Notre Dame and Texas! ;)

junebug41
09-18-2007, 11:07 AM
I will fully admit, the song is only pleasant if you love USC ;). We don't get tired of hearing it (okay, sometimes we do, but given that it's played when they do anything well, it's easier to overlook), and I am pretty sure they only do it to annoy the heck out of their opponents. As for the band not being impressive at the Huskers game, they only travel with a small bit of the band generally. If you ever happen to be at an SC game at home in the Coliseum, be sure to stay after the game is over. The band puts on an impromptu concert in front of the student section for a 1/2 hour plus. Sometimes the football players stay too if it was a big win. Very cool!

On the contrary, I said they were impressive! They just needed some variety.

CLCSC145
09-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Sorry, Jen!!! I misread your post! :o

junebug41
09-18-2007, 11:58 PM
I will fully admit, the song is only pleasant if you love USC ;). We don't get tired of hearing it (okay, sometimes we do, but given that it's played when they do anything well, it's easier to overlook), and I am pretty sure they only do it to annoy the heck out of their opponents.

I'm certain that was the intention because the second the game ended, they were practically taking requests, they were playing so many songs :lol:

EZMONEY
09-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Bumping this up for Saturday's games.

We ~ USC ~ play Washington State ~ I don't expect to be :( blue :( after the game!

A good match up could be LSU and South Carolina

and Alabama and Georgia

Enjoy your games!

EZMONEY
09-23-2007, 01:43 AM
Well that wa quite easy for US!

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-23-2007, 10:00 AM
we won...but from the footage i saw (i was at work)...it wasn't our best game. Hopefully we'll get our butts motivated to do better next week.

Stepping Out
09-24-2007, 12:49 AM
I will fully admit, the song is only pleasant if you love USC ;).

I agree...but it's better than 'Rocky Top'. :p

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-24-2007, 08:36 AM
I agree...but it's better than 'Rocky Top'. :p

ugghhhh....any song is better than rocky top...oh wait...the fsu chant is worse than rocky top. Those are my top 2 all time annoying college songs

EZMONEY
09-24-2007, 09:47 AM
ah ah ah ah.....ah ah ah ah......ah ah ah ah.....ah ah ah ah....ah ah ah ah ....ah ah ah ah........................

shananigans
09-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Well, Badgers beat out the Hawkeyes and remain undefeated this season, but cripes we need to play better than that this Saturday against Michigan State! The first half was pretty slow and kind of boring to watch, until the very end of the second when there was some craziness in the end zone and an official blew the whistle "inadvertently" when the ball was still loose. The initial touchdown ruling was rescinded and we were given the ball with a first down on the 3-yard line and we then hooked up the touchdown after another incompletion, but jeez! I'm sure this play will be all over sportcenter this week.

Lots of back and forth after that, but we ended up on top, 17-13.

The Badgers have the best marching band, the 5th quarter is always a highlight of going to the games. You haven't lived till you've done the Pee Wee Herman dance in the stands to "Tequila". And On Wisconsin is a pretty kick *** fight song.

ValentineBride
09-24-2007, 01:44 PM
:coach:
Let's go 'eers!
:corn:
:cheer::cheer:

shananigans
09-24-2007, 05:08 PM
My sis just sent these pictures from the pre-game party for the Citadel game. Gotta love those early games, nothing like beer for breakfast ;)

EZMONEY
09-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Great pictures KIDDO!

murphmitch
09-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Well, Badgers beat out the Hawkeyes and remain undefeated this season, but cripes we need to play better than that this Saturday against Michigan State! The first half was pretty slow and kind of boring to watch, until the very end of the second when there was some craziness in the end zone and an official blew the whistle "inadvertently" when the ball was still loose. The initial touchdown ruling was rescinded and we were given the ball with a first down on the 3-yard line and we then hooked up the touchdown after another incompletion, but jeez! I'm sure this play will be all over sportcenter this week.

Lots of back and forth after that, but we ended up on top, 17-13.

The Badgers have the best marching band, the 5th quarter is always a highlight of going to the games. You haven't lived till you've done the Pee Wee Herman dance in the stands to "Tequila". And On Wisconsin is a pretty kick *** fight song.

If we HAWKEYES hadn't lost two of our receivers to injuries in the first half, I think the game would have had a different outcome. We have a lot of young inexperienced players this year, but it was a great game to watch. I bet we really made you "sweat", didn't we. :stress:

LondonJulz
09-27-2007, 11:13 AM
we won...but from the footage i saw (i was at work)...it wasn't our best game. Hopefully we'll get our butts motivated to do better next week.

We were able to get recaps of the games every 10 minutes on an AM station (we were on the road, so I couldn't listen to the game). The announcers were hypothisizing that the Gators were struggling because for a lot of the guys this was their first time to play in an away game....... but I say that they better get used to it and learn how to deal with it ... they have 3 big away games in a ROW after this next game! They did have me worried at the end - so glad that they pulled through though. WHEW!

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-29-2007, 08:45 AM
woohooo...ARE YOU READY FOR SOME GATOR FOOTBALL ???????????? i can't wait..tonight is a late game...so that means i get to watch the game even though i have to work tonight :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

LondonJulz
09-29-2007, 09:22 AM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/LondonJulz/Smileys/11.gifYes, I am quite ready for the game today!!! They need another HUGE win to get everyone good and fired up before their next 3 away games!!!!!

GO GATORS!!!!! http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/LondonJulz/Smileys/4.gif

EZMONEY
09-29-2007, 10:14 AM
We play Washington tonight. I expect a battle but a VICTORY!

I will have to DVR the game. have a busy day today helping my ex-wife at the Viking Festival this morning and afternoon, then a break, then off to church for a martial arts exhibition by our vicar, he is "stage 7" or whatever they call it....very cool to watch. Several martial arts people will be there to demonstrate. Angie and I will help out with the dinner before service.

Enjoy your teams :)

USC ~ FIGHT ON!

junebug41
09-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Go Buffs!!!

EZMONEY
09-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Just came home from the Viking Festival to pick up food for the Martial Arts at church, then back to Viking Festival tonight...looked up scores....

NICE JOB JEN!!! Sa---weeet! Win!

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-29-2007, 10:30 PM
ugghh...unbelievably furstrated right now....half time and the gators haven't even scored...god we are looking pathetic.

LondonJulz
09-29-2007, 10:41 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/LondonJulz/Smileys/damn.gif

Oh to be a fly on the wall in that locker room right now with the Gators!!! WHERE ARE THE GATORS?!?!?!?!?! The team playing is a bunch of aliens and they are holding the REAL Gators hostage....... wow...... hope the 2nd half goes a lot better. I've laughed my head off at OU and Texas losing their games today....... lets hope that this isn't another top 10 college football upset today! OYE!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/LondonJulz/Smileys/notfair.gif

GO GATORS!!!! GET IT GOING!!!!

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-29-2007, 10:51 PM
gary - looks like your game is a very good game...back and forth watched the end of the half while waiting for the gators half time to end.

londoon - i hope the aliens returned out boys during the half.

EZMONEY
09-30-2007, 01:13 AM
I got home from my evening shift at the Viking Festival in time to see the last 5 minutes of the game....my son and I were getting up-dates from his friend in Colorado who is a big USC fan too. Boy did we get out of Washington by the skin of our teeth! I knew it would be tough. I don't know if I want to watch my dvr of it!

Sorry Gatorfans....5 of the top 10 lost...ouch! We may drop to #2 with that ugly win....better get better!

Clydegirl
09-30-2007, 01:59 AM
We have yet to see a Gators game this season. They're not showing them here.

Go Illini :carrot:

GatorgalstuckinGA
09-30-2007, 08:09 AM
ughh...what a loss. gary congrats on your team...however it looked like it was a pretty close game.

LondonJulz
09-30-2007, 09:46 AM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/LondonJulz/Smileys/5.gif

wow.......... I just don't know what to say other than...... wow. What a day of football for half of the top 10 teams, huh? 5 of the top 10 lost?? wow again........ What a ROLLER coaster of a game. I'm not sure what happened to the Gators, it's like they just didn't show up to the game. Now, they're going in to their next 3 games (all away games) having LOST at home.... wow again. Although - the only team they lost to last year was Auburn.... maybe they're having a repeat of last season, and that will end in another National Championship!!!! :smug: maybe............. wow again. Silly as it sounds, I actually teared up after it was over. I thought that they were going to come back and win it - but they just couldn't get past that defense..... *sigh*

Gary - congrats on your win!! At least somebody here had a good outcome on their game yesterday!!!

CLCSC145
10-01-2007, 09:36 PM
I got home from my evening shift at the Viking Festival in time to see the last 5 minutes of the game....my son and I were getting up-dates from his friend in Colorado who is a big USC fan too. Boy did we get out of Washington by the skin of our teeth! I knew it would be tough. I don't know if I want to watch my dvr of it!

Argh, Gary, I had to watch most of the USC game with the sound off. The roar of the Washington fans while SC just played dreadfully was almost too much for me to watch. Thank heavens that's over (I'm sure the team feels the same way)...

shananigans
10-02-2007, 11:40 AM
I keep forgetting to check in here!

Sorry Gators fans, tough break.

Gary, we had a real "skin of our teeth" game too, 37 - 34! Really uncertain down to the 4th. A very offensive game. Never seen so much running in a football game, felt like I was watching a track meet at some point. :dizzy:

I heart P.J. Hill :love:

Ikegwuonu will be back next week, so that should help with our shaky defense. We'll need it when we play Illinois this Saturday. :crossed:

EZMONEY
10-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Argh, Gary, I had to watch most of the USC game with the sound off. The roar of the Washington fans while SC just played dreadfully was almost too much for me to watch. Thank heavens that's over (I'm sure the team feels the same way)...

All the makings of an upset this week C.C.playing the worst Pac 10 team, Stanford's QB going out with a seizure and a new guy coming in to SHOW what HE can do, all of our injuries and of course the way we played last week....keep your :crossed:....we are gonna kill'em! ;)

Hey SHAN I will be in Illinois next week to pick up the pieces...my family from there (not me) are Fightin' Illini fans!

LondonJulz
10-06-2007, 01:31 PM
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOOOOTBAAAAAAL?!?!!?!?

Today is game day folks! I'm so excited! We're going to the Tulsa State Fair today (I'll be back for kick-off tonight...the Gator game is actually being broadcast on CBS today! WHOOHOO)...anyway.... as I was saying...we're going to the Tulsa State Fair today- I'm wearing my Gators shirt and other "lucky" Gator items :o;) I've got my kids in Orange and Blue.... and hubby is joining the orange and blue theme too... :D Hope we don't get shot seeing how this is OU and OSU country!!! *tee hee*

The Gators play LS-WHO? today..... I say the Gators got scratched by some Tigers last week...... so this week their taking out their revenge on a new set of Tigers! Plus, last week I wasn't wearing my lucky shirt and items..... I think that's why they lost. I've worn them EVERY Saturday this football season except for last week..... so, we shall see today!
ETA: GO GATORS!!!!!!!

EZMONEY
10-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Pulling for the GATORS! today.

Oops SHAN! :hug:

USC up 3....I expect the score to get much bigger!

GatorgalstuckinGA
10-06-2007, 09:35 PM
i think this game is going to be a good one...maybe tough...but darn am i a gator true and true...even if they loose i'm for them

thanks for the support gary...but we all know it will help your team out right LOL

LondonJulz
10-06-2007, 11:00 PM
thanks for the support gary...but we all know it will help your team out right LOL

I KNEW there was an ulterior motive to Gary's supporting the Gators tonight.... ;)

It's halftime....and all I can say is.... THAT'S my GATORS! They are back and obviously hungry for some Tiger!!!! :carrot:

GatorgalstuckinGA
10-06-2007, 11:02 PM
**** yah julz..even if they loose this game..i'll be damn proud of them...they are doing some football playing. LSU looks a wee bit confused. Its a great game. Hope they keep up the momentum.

GatorgalstuckinGA
10-06-2007, 11:43 PM
oh gary...sorry to see usc loose. that was a tough game...kept seeing the highlights during the florida game. Just saw they lost...

CLCSC145
10-06-2007, 11:45 PM
I hate Stanford. :(

EZMONEY
10-07-2007, 12:40 AM
OK ~ So here is the deal....my brother in law is a surgeon....he has his own band....he plays the keyboards in his church band....he was the number one pitcher for his college baseball team (although they were not that good that good those years)....he is athletic....he showered with my wife....he is humble....so....the problem?

HE is a STANFORD GRAD!!! He stinks right now!!!!

OH MY! I was at church getting text messages from my son....I was home in time to see the last few minutes....OUCH!!!

C.C....dear....we just don't have it....YET....this year!

GO GATORS!

EZMONEY
10-07-2007, 12:45 AM
4th and inches....a field goal ties....and LSU goes for the first down...WHAT! are you kidding me! They get it! BALLS! BIG ONES!

Going to a commercial....did they score the touchdown GATORGALS?

GatorgalstuckinGA
10-07-2007, 12:47 AM
just scored gary. Lsu is ahead right now...but we still have 1.09. Even if gators loose..i will be happy. this was an unbelievable game. The gators have played their heart out.

Clydegirl
10-07-2007, 12:49 AM
First Gator game we've seen this season.

EZMONEY
10-07-2007, 12:57 AM
You know what the worst of all this is C.C.?.....right now Notre Dame could beat us!

EZMONEY
10-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Sorry GATORGALS!

It has been a sucky day all the way around!

WORST OF ALL....my mom might not make it through the night according to the nurses....football takes the pain of life away sometimes....sometimes that doesn't even do it!

Stepping Out
10-07-2007, 01:05 AM
:hug: Praying for you and your mom!

EZMONEY
10-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Thank you Joanne ~ My son and daughter are flying out with me this Thursday to Illinois to see her...I hope!

LondonJulz
10-07-2007, 01:15 AM
wow Gary. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom.

My condolences go to the USC fans.... when they announced the final score of the USC/Stanford game during the Gator/LS-WHO? game LS-WHO? fans and players went nutso with excitement.... that made me hate them all the more! Okay.... maybe not so much hate..... but I'd rather get a colonoscopy with a salad fork then to be within 2000 feet of any LS-WHO? player or fan..... or even the colors purple, yellow, and white. Okay... maybe I do hate them. ;)

The Gators played their guts out tonight!!! I was so proud of them.....still love them, still will root for them..... and will cheer for them in the National Championship game this year (even if they don't make it... tee hee) :cheer:

At the moment, however, I am bawling my eyes out (I HATE TOM and the stupid sensitivity issues he brings out in me when he's here!!!!)

Still proud of the Gators though.... they deserved to win. They gave LS-WHO? quite the beating....Officially can't stand LS-WHO? Bring on the salad fork!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/LondonJulz/Smileys/9.gif

CLCSC145
10-07-2007, 07:09 AM
You know what the worst of all this is C.C.?.....right now Notre Dame could beat us!

I'm afraid you're right, Gary! I do feel for those poor kids, that's a lot of responsibility to carry on their shoulders. And to be booed by your own fans in your home stadium. Ugh.

I'm very sorry to hear about your mom. It certainly puts a bad football game into perspective. My prayers go out to you and your family!

CLCSC145
10-07-2007, 07:14 AM
My condolences go to the USC fans.... when they announced the final score of the USC/Stanford game during the Gator/LS-WHO? game LS-WHO? fans and players went nutso with excitement.... that made me hate them all the more! Okay.... maybe not so much hate..... but I'd rather get a colonoscopy with a salad fork then to be within 2000 feet of any LS-WHO? player or fan..... or even the colors purple, yellow, and white. Okay... maybe I do hate them. ;)

The Gators played their guts out tonight!!! I was so proud of them.....still love them, still will root for them..... and will cheer for them in the National Championship game this year (even if they don't make it... tee hee) :cheer:

At the moment, however, I am bawling my eyes out (I HATE TOM and the stupid sensitivity issues he brings out in me when he's here!!!!)

Still proud of the Gators though.... they deserved to win. They gave LS-WHO? quite the beating....Officially can't stand LS-WHO? Bring on the salad fork!

I watched the end of the Gator/Team Who Shall Not Be Named game and it was a heartbreaker. I was rooting for Florida! Tebow is awesome and so much fun to watch (a great kid off the field too, from what I've heard).

And I have to say a few tears of disbelief were shed in my house too when SC fell... I still can't believe it.

Slashnl
10-07-2007, 10:09 AM
First of all, Gary, I am praying for you and your family. I'm sorry for what you are going through.
I had come on here to check how all the USC fans were handling this loss, but your news puts it all in perspective.

But, since it is a college football thread..... my huskers went down in flames too. Now, off to the baseball thread so I can post happy thoughts about the Rockies.

tikanique
10-07-2007, 10:32 AM
I haven't been on this site in FOREVER but had to log on today to check on EZMONEY!!! When I saw the final score of the USC Stanford game, I was in complete shock!! This has been a HECKUVA year in college football - any and everybody is going for the upset. But don't feel too bad EZ, it still isn't as bad as losing to Appalachian State. I was in the Big House that day, sitting with my boss - a HUGE Michigan supporter - and it took every bit of strength I had not to burst into maniacal laughter when that kick got blocked.

Go Vols!!!!

tikanique
10-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Gary,

I just went back and read about your mom. You are in my prayers, dude.

Tiki

tikanique
10-07-2007, 10:36 AM
YEAH BOYEEEE!!!

LSU Won!! woohoooo!!! Now if Tennessee can beat Kentucky, South Carolina and Arkansas, we win the SEC East and play for the conference championship!! I'm cheering for LSU next week against Kentucky as well. It's all about the Vols, baby!

TIKI

GatorgalstuckinGA
10-07-2007, 01:36 PM
gary...so sorry to hear about your mom...i will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers

GatorgalstuckinGA
10-07-2007, 01:38 PM
lol at tiki..yeah you may have the chance to win sec east...but we still kicked some vol butts majorly LMAO

Clydegirl
10-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Gary sorry to hear about your mum.

EZMONEY
10-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Good to see you TIKI! I have missed you.

THANK-YOU! all for your sympathies for my mom. The doctor has told my sister that her heart is failing fast, he is giving her something to comfort her and does not expect her to make it through the day. We have heard that before, but the time is closing fast.

She would not want this THREAD to become a downer!! She has always been a positive person. She loved her LAKERS back in the Jerry West days, and she loved her "boys"....me, my son, my dad, brothers and brother in law and our buddies......coming over to watch THE GAME....whatever one it was.

I am NOT HAPPY today....my mom and of course my TROJANS!

I thank you all again for the prayers and being easy on me...wink!

You gals are the GREATEST!

tikanique
10-07-2007, 09:41 PM
yeah gator gal, we got slaughtered in the swamp. i had to drown my sorrows in hard lemonade that night. but at least we lost to two ranked teams that were higher in the polls than us. Y'all lost to AUBURN?!?!?! this has been the best season of college football in as long as I can remember. Any friggin program can win on any friggin day! South Florida undefeated?? Notre Dame the laughing stock of college football?? Who'd have thunk it!

Go Vols!!!!!

GatorgalstuckinGA
10-07-2007, 09:43 PM
it has def been one weird year in college football. I think this is a perfect example why the bcs should really go to the playoff situation. But i know that won't happen anytime soon...

Prissiroo
10-08-2007, 12:01 PM
omg I'm so glad I found this post! I LOVE college football - I'm a Texas girl at heart - so Hook em Horns - BUT, I currently live in Panama City Beach (or lower Alabama..smile) and we have a divided house! Makes Nov 24th a lot of fun - if Alabama wins, hubby has to go for a couple's massage with me - if Auburn wins - well, he hasn't told me yet, but it should be good. Oh - and finally a thread that will understand my short term goal! Rolllll Tide!

tikanique
10-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Roll Tide Roll, Around the Hole and Down the Bowl!!! I learned that song when i was in elementary school. Just shows it's never too late to poison children's minds against entire colleges!!! :-)

Go Vols!!!

EZMONEY
10-08-2007, 10:46 PM
I had "almost" forgotten how :devil: mean :devil: TIKI is....almost.

:love: love it :love: just love it!

Prissiroo
10-08-2007, 10:57 PM
lol..I love it! I'm all about competition - especially when it comes to college football. We went to the Auburn game a few weeks ago - hubby wouldn't let me wear my Bama shirt - so I compromised with the earrings!

CLCSC145
10-13-2007, 04:47 AM
Go USC! It's going to be fun (and nerve wracking) to watch Mark Sanchez start for the first time. I feel really sorry for John David Booty - not only for the broken finger, but because he's taking all the flack for the problems, but it isn't all his fault. They have a phenomenal number of players who are out injured, and some injured and still trying to play. I hope the fans can be supportive (i.e. no booing) whatever happens and remember these guys are kids and it's a game...

Good luck to everyone else!

EZMONEY
10-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Hey C.C. I am looking forward to a new beginning today. We should find out if we just hit a bump in the road for a few weeks or if we are over-rated

Right now it is still possible to get the BCS Championship game...as long as we finish strong...especially agaisnt Cal And Oregon. If not...we will be lucky to get the Rose Bowl!...lucky....

We have been spoiled the last few years...wouldn't want it any other way!!

I believe it Pete....the future will always look good as long as he is COACH!...can't win 'em all...dang!

My son is coming over for the game....should be fun...but since we lost last week to Stanford, by BIL's alma mater and my niece (the step-daughter of that same BIL) goes to 'ZONA....we just can't lose today...my family will never make it out of family functions at their house ALIVE!!!

FIGHT ON!

GatorgalstuckinGA
10-13-2007, 11:15 PM
AND THE NUMBER ONE FALLS....now this makes you wonder why the **** won't the bcs wake up and think about a play off situation when we have so many top ranked teams loosing games. Oh yeah...that's right...there's waaaaayyyyy too much money tied up in those lil ole bowl games. It wouldn't work the same with playoffs. Ahhhh big business...got to love it. Why is football the only college sports team that doesn't do play offs. How stupid is that. I guess it would probably take a while too. But Hello...this year is yet another reason why we really should think about playoffs.

EZMONEY
10-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Now #2 CALbeserKLEY...yipee...I guess!

USC won big...hahahah...over that powerhouse Arizona...by a whole touchdown and extra point...wow...er...ouch...

glad to get the win but OH MY!....so many injuries....so many tough games yet to play...

looked so promising not too long ago....

ya gotta love it!

UPSET after UPSET!!

LondonJulz
10-14-2007, 01:32 AM
I LOVED that LSU lost!!!!! I agree about the bracket system. Why couldn't they do that with the winner of each division... set up a bracket style tourney and see who the best of the best truly is!

GatorgalstuckinGA
10-14-2007, 09:58 AM
julz..normally i wouldn't mind if lsu wins since it looks good for the sec..however i feel after how crappy they played against uf...they shouldn't have been still ranked #1. we made them look bad. Even if they did win...they didn't play great at all. Oh well...once again..the bcs and their poll system sometimes is just too silly.

CLCSC145
10-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Yesterday was HEAVEN!! Cal and LSU fell and USC won?! I LOVE college football!

It amazes me that almost none of the sportscasters and writers are talking about how many injuries SC has had. 4 MORE players went down yesterday. There are only a few players starting now for SC that were starters at the beginning of the year on either offense or defense. Given that, I think any win, no matter what it looks like, is awesome. Go Trojans!

LondonJulz
10-14-2007, 04:50 PM
julz..normally i wouldn't mind if lsu wins since it looks good for the sec..however i feel after how crappy they played against uf...they shouldn't have been still ranked #1. we made them look bad. Even if they did win...they didn't play great at all. Oh well...once again..the bcs and their poll system sometimes is just too silly.

I've never been a fan of LSU. First reason is Les Miles. I won't go into it, I just have issues with him. I agree COMPLETELY with you about LSU still being #1 after how lousy they played against Florida. Everyone was talking about what a victory for LSU and how they stomped Florida. I'd hardly call what they did a victory. They were behind in score the ENTIRE game until, literally, the last minute. Not so much a victory as much as it was luck. So, I was happy that they fell to the #17 team. I was rooting for Kentucky. Though next week, Kentucky will be my rival! ;)

I was also glad that OU beat Mizzou. I'm an OU fan simply because I live in Oklahoma and all the OU fans here seem to be as passionate as those who are Florida fans....whereas OSU fans seems to be more cocky....like LSU. So, I decided I'd root for OU when needed. :D

Congrats on the win USC fans! Sorry to hear about all the injuries. I heard about a Gator Football player being killed in a motorcycle accident on Friday. That's so sad! (though they were on a motorcycle, speeding, and no helmets.... so, it's sad - but he was also not being very smart).

LondonJulz
10-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Okay...since when does the National Championship games include Canada???

I had a very vivid dream last night that I was at my old church watching the National Championship game on the big screen in the sanctuary....

the Gators were in the National Championship game.... and the team they were playing against was Dartmouth (I haven't heard about Dartmouth in YEARS)... the only thing was that Dartmouth wasn't from New Hampshire.... they were from Canada! The good news was that the Gators were ahead. There was a minute left in the 3rd quarter.... the score was 16-15.... then the TV switched over to PBS.... and Tim Tebow walked into the church. *hubba, hubba*

I think I've gone completely loopy and need professional help! lol :crazy:

CLCSC145
10-15-2007, 03:55 PM
.... and Tim Tebow walked into the church. *hubba, hubba*

I'll second that! :D

DGAdDawg
10-18-2007, 03:01 PM
I just had to join this fan since there are so many GATOR fans in it. I just have to say....GO DAWGS!

Yeah, we're having an iffy year. I'm not predicting a win for next weekend...I'm :( cause it will be the first time in 4 years I haven't gone to the Cocktail Party. I just hope we wake up and play a good game and don't get trampled. Yeah, we've lost the past few but we usually play a close game.

As awesome of a game the UK-LSU game was, I've been hoping all season that LSU would go all the way. I knew my Dawgs wouldn't, and I didn't want a Gator repeat, but I wanted an SEC team to win it all. Maybe they still have a shot.

And wow...who would have though Kentucky and Vanderbilt would start showing some teeth?

And just throwing this out here...I hate Steve Spurrier. He is :devil:

EZMONEY
10-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Welcome DGAdDawg ~ but I think you are mistaken....nobody around here likes the GATORS....that I know of ;)....but I think we all dislike Steve Spurrier!

Hey C.C. remember when we played Notre Dame and it was considered a BIG game?

GatorgalstuckinGA
10-18-2007, 09:39 PM
lol at gary...hmmm nobody likes the gators...lol..you made a funny. But you are right about one thing..most of us HATE steve spurrier...i even hated him when i was going to UF and he was coaching there and helped us win the first national champs..he's a pain in the butt...a whiny annoying coach.

DGAdDawg
10-19-2007, 12:36 AM
He's a jerk!! After South Carolina beat UGA this year(barely), he said "Its not like they are a good, strong football team...they've lost 6 straight SEC East games. They lost to Vandy and Kentucky". Um, yeah, but it also took you 3 years to beat us. And we beat Auburn, Ga Tech, and Va Tech to finish the 2006 season. Shut up, Spurrier.

LondonJulz
10-19-2007, 10:15 AM
:yikes: I guess I'm the only one here who actually likes / loves Steve Spurrier? :^: I loved him during his Gator days. I was sad when he left UF. However, I think it's awesome when the Gators beat SC.

And, Gary is right, no body here likes the Gators....

we LOVE, ADORE, and WORSHIP the Blue and Orange....the only SEC team who deserves a trip to the National Championships (yes folks, I am speaking about the GATORS... I am a fan... I am allowed to dream!)

GatorgalstuckinGA
10-19-2007, 10:21 AM
lol at julz...yep you are prob one of the only ones who likes old steve. Even i ...the die hard gator fan hate him. I went to school there the whole time he coached...could not stand him...a very whiny man at times. I acutally wasn't sad when he left g'ville.

DGAdDawg
10-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Yes, he whines SO MUCH!

I'm a rarity among UGA fans...I mean, I hate Florida and all...but for me the biggest game is the Tennessee game. I hate the University of Tennessee more than any team out there. Their colors, Knoxville, Neyland, that lousy excuse of a dog(Smokey? yeah right. You want a real dog, look at Uga), and their obnoxious fans. terrible! So I had a rough weekend a couple of weeks ago....

We have an off week this week. I'll be following UF/UK, Bama/Tennessee(Roll tide), and Auburn/LSU(Go Tigers! haha)

EZMONEY
10-20-2007, 06:31 PM
Halftime USC vs. notre dames

UCLA vs. CAL

FLA. vs. KU

ohio state vs. Michigan State

my remote is on FIRE!

EZMONEY
10-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Well, that was EASY...a shut out against notre dames. 38-0

Angie was soooo sure about the outcome of the game that she watched Young Frakenstein down in the family room....what confidence! Almost like she didn't even care....

TEBOW lovers are happy...and relieved....wink

Spurrier...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahah ahhahahhhahahahhahahahahahahahaha

LondonJulz
10-20-2007, 09:36 PM
All I have to say is:
:woohoo::carrot::jig::cb::cp::fr::dance::dancer::f low2::sumo:

I watched the game at my in-laws house... I think I have caused them to become Gator fans now! lol. THAT is how my boys play!!!! :woohoo:

When I heard of Steve Spurrier losing to Vanderbilt...how that was the only time in his history to lose to Vanderbilt.... I did have a chuckle... but only after I saw the commercial he did for Dijorno pizzas...WTF was up with that??? He should stick to coaching, not to acting.

Congrats on your huge victory, Gary!

Tennssee lost their game (WHOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!) so did South Carolina (WHOOOHOOO!!!!). So, we Gators are still in there!

Stepping Out
10-20-2007, 09:50 PM
GO GATORS! :carrot: :woohoo: :carrot:

Congrats to all you USC fans ;) What ever happened to 'The Luck of the Irish? :luck2you: :no:

LondonJulz
10-20-2007, 11:49 PM
and Go Auburn! (just for tonight!) ;) (gotta get rid of those LS-Losers! :D

GatorgalstuckinGA
10-21-2007, 07:17 PM
i ddn't catch the game...was out of town and friends didn't have tv. So missed it..but friend kept updating me with scores. Sounded like a great game. Glad to hear UT also won. They are annoying me. now if only lsu could loose some more to.

CLCSC145
10-22-2007, 02:36 AM
Love, Love, Love my Trojans!!!!!! Even if ND is the worst this year, that was a fun game to watch. And (insert surprised shock sound here) no one got hurt from SC!!! Now on to the HARD games. Gulp. Oregon, Cal, Arizona St, UCLA, Oregon St. Should be fun!

Re UCLA Vs. Cal: I think this is the first time in my entire life I've rooted for UCLA. Don't tell anyone. I can't stand Cal!

Re LSU vs. Auburn: The devil himself had a hand in that last second pass... :devil: ;) Poor Auburn! That kind of thing just encourages Les Miles' obnoxious behavior...

And FLA vs. KU: Tebow... sigh. :love: 'nough said!

My remote was burning too, Gary! Perhaps that had something to do with the hills across the street from my house erupting into flames tonight??? :flame: Cough. Cough. Cough. Wheeze...

EZMONEY
10-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Hey C.C. be careful around that :flame: I saw yesterday morning that they had evacuated Pepperdine....wild college kids on the loose! We have fires south of me down here. The closest one to me just started this morning and it is 15 miles away. Angie and I came home from San Diego last night the I-5 was so thick in smoke that we thought we were right in it instead of miles away. I guess the winds blew the smoke right to the coast because the winds were so strong it couldn't rise. Smoke is sure in the air this morning.

Back to the game ~ Yep C.C. the tough part of our schedule is about to begin. It is going to be tough, but also show where we belong...in the thick of the BCS or not. The injury situation is getting better...now we have the Sanchez vs. Booty situation. I am from the "old school" where you don't lose your spot due to injury. Booty had thrown a few picks in the game before Stanford, but really, in my opinion, most of the problems were from an injured front line and recievers drops and missed routes. I really think the interceptions against Stanford were due to his broken finger. Anyway...who Pete goes with is the one I will root for.

Breath easy....or at least try to....;)

EZMONEY
10-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Oh and by the way...loved UCLA on Saturday too! What an exciting game that one was!

EZMONEY
10-22-2007, 09:56 AM
GATOR BABES...I see that we are neck 'n neck in the BCS....

It's on! ;)

GatorgalstuckinGA
10-27-2007, 08:45 AM
okay...its that time again for the worlds largest cocktail party down in good old Jacksonville, FL....that's right...FLorida vs Georgia baby. GOOOOOO GATORS BEAT THEM DAWGS (besides we have to beat a team that can't even spell their name right LMAO)

EZMONEY
10-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Oh you should talk...isn't it supposed to be ALLIgator?

EZMONEY
10-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Well We have OREGON today....#5 and #9....should be a good game....WE own them! ;)

I think WE have the D to beat them and now WE have 2 good QB's!

CONQUEST!...WILL BE PLAYED!

:frypan::kickbutt: FIGHT ON! :kickbutt::frypan:

EmilyLashea
10-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Just dropping in to give a big...
:cheer2: :cheer: Ro0o0LLL Tide!! :cheer: :cheer2:

EZMONEY
10-27-2007, 07:21 PM
DANG! WE got DUCKED!:mad:

GatorgalstuckinGA
10-27-2007, 09:59 PM
well it sucks, we lost too gary...but truthfully..my day sucked..and in light of everything i was dealing with, i could care less about a football game.

EZMONEY
10-28-2007, 01:33 AM
Hey GATORGAL I actually watched your game! The USC game wasn't on our local programs, so my son and wife, and buddies went to the pizza place to see it. They kept bugging me to come (which I love) but I was out doing yard work and sweeping up smoke and ash.

I love our QB's....but I sure like Tebow!

Not only am I sorry for your "football" loss...but more important for the "issue" that is bothering you most. My prayers are always with you!

LondonJulz
10-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Oye.....

I remember about 2 or 3 weeks ago (before Tebow's injury), the sportscasters were saying that Tim Tebow was 75% of Florida's offense. Boy were they ever right! With Tim being injured and not being able to rush the ball like normal, the offense suffered yesterday. Not to mention the 2 fumbles that Moore allowed, the missed catch AFTER a snap, and the bad snap at the end of the game that gave GA the ball. I hope that Tebow's shoulder didn't suffer another huge setback when that GA player plowed into his injured shoulder going after that badly snapped ball..... I guess that Superman has been dealt some proverbial kryptonite. I think that Meyer needs to work on strengthening the offense in a Tebow absence.... seems as if they've depended too much on him and haven't planned for a "worse case" scenario in case anything were to ever happen to him. Not to mention it seems like most of Florida's defense was out with injuries yesterday. It just wasn't a good day overall. I did however like the GA team rushing the field on their first score (gotta love team Pride) and then Florida answering back with their own "team pride" on the sidelines shortly after that (and minus the 30 yard penalty for accessive celebration, OUCH!). Could have been a REALLY great game had Tebow been 100%. Poor guy. But, I do love watching him - even if he wasn't QB for the Gators, I'd still love watching him.... not only that but he's a man of character (he reminds me a lot of Danny Wuerfful). Plus, he is easy on the eyes. ;)

GatorGal - you're in my prayers with whatever is going on in your neck of the woods.

Gary - I kept tabs on your game with the sports highlights during my game. I was pulling for your guys. Mainly because Oregon's uniforms are just way too ugly to root for them....LOL. Well, maybe not so much for THAT reason - but, I think they need an update on their uniforms.

GatorgalstuckinGA
10-28-2007, 10:07 AM
thanks guys...it isn't as "Tragic" as it sounds...just very fed up with work (field manager didn't give me a weekend off next month and i'm working thanksgiving and christmas) and had two pets i had to put to sleep (Which always puts me in a depressed mood) and i think i'm really questioning my job and how the upper management feels about their drs...more concerned about $$$$ than dr's quality of life. So it just really was a crappy day and the game made it worse. I knew my job required me to work wkend (we're open sat and sun) however when they interviewed me they told me i'd have every other wkend off...and so far i only get one wkend a month off...and work all the rest. Just makes it hard to spend time with DH, go see my family (i have a dying gf), and have family/friends come see me since everyone else seems to have wkends off. Just getting very frustrated. But i'll live in fact the field manager wants me to work dec schedule out...so i think that will help...thanks for your guys support

As for football. God tebow rocks. he's a great qb and a great guy in general. Now only if we could gain some defensive players LOL.

EZMONEY
10-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Glad to hear it isn't THAT BAD GATORGAL....everyday life can sure mess up having a good time!

LONDON thanks for the support...even if it was only because of those ducky uniforms!

LondonJulz
10-28-2007, 11:51 AM
GatorGal - jobs suck....period! lol. Well.... okay, maybe not so much... but, being told one thing when you were hired...and then them doing something different after you were hired is ... typical.

I should say (after my last post) - I still love my Gators and love watching them play. They just.... rock my world! I love how every sports announcer talks about how if a team shows even one single ounce of weakness, the Gators smell it and will pounce all over it. So, they did have a rough game yesterday - but I'm still an uber-fan and look forward with great anticipation for every game!
OH, and I realized that I forgot to wear one of my "lucky" gator apparel items yesterday - I remembered the shirt and couldn't find the other thing...we're busy moving so it got lost in the shuffle... it's probably why they didn't do as well yesterday... all my fault! ;)

Slashnl
10-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Hey all, even when you think you have it bad with your favorite teams, just remember.... you could be a Nebraska fan......

I miss Tom Osborne!!!!!

DGAdDawg
10-28-2007, 02:04 PM
FINALLY!

That was beautiful...and I loved that Coach Richt actually told our players they rould run laps if they DIDN'T get an excessive celebration penalty after the first TD. I loved that. I think this game, for Georgia, is usually mental. There have been years we went down there with the better team, had a mental breakdown, and lost. This year we proved we weren't scared. Beautiful game!! And of course, its the first time in 4 years I wasn't down there!

GatorgalstuckinGA
10-28-2007, 08:51 PM
i of course still love my boys...win or loose...they will always be my gators...and gary to answer your question...yes its ALI gator LOL...but at least we spell the condensed verson correct LMAO.

EZMONEY
10-30-2007, 12:30 AM
You Gals are gonna love this...if you haven't already seen it...watch this video from a D-3 game on Saturday...WILD!!

http://www.d3football.com/dailydose/2007/10/28/trinity-millsaps-and-the-must-see-moment?loc=interstitialskip

murphmitch
10-30-2007, 10:11 AM
That was amazing. I had trouble following where the ball went. Talk about teamwork!

LondonJulz
11-04-2007, 09:30 AM
what? no football thread going yesterday? None of our teams must of been matched up with great threats yesterday? lol At any rate, so glad the Gators won one! :woohoo: Even if it was just to Vandy.

GatorgalstuckinGA
11-04-2007, 10:17 AM
sorry julz..forgot to give a shout out in the am... i was happy they won. Don't worry, i haven't given up on our boys..however this summer Coach is gonna have to go out and find some defense and some offense to help Tebow..weather he's hurt or not...a team cannot win by one player alone...lol. But you got to love the Tebow...he is awesome LOL

EZMONEY
11-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Hey KIDS

I spent most of yesterday afternoon and today up at my brother in law's for his 50th birthday party. It was a pretty classy party....30 people all drinking fine wine...except one :cool: cool :cool: guy ;) he had Coronas. There was a huge hi-def tv at the home (several million $$$ home) but they didn't turn it on so I didn't get to see my USC TROJANS win against Oregon State. My son and his wife were there (homecoming) so they were texting me from time to time with up-dates.

It was a "roast" so of course I had to say something about Stanford beating my Trojans in that huge up-set a few weeks ago. My brother in law is a Stanford...full ride grad....a doctor! He didn't even watch the game...he too...was so sure they would be hammered! Oh well...life goes on!

Rhighlan86
11-04-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm sad because we had an off week....no WVU fix for me this week, but we have one of our bigger games this coming Thursday! We are playing against Louisville!

I do believe we moved up in the poll though since BC lost which is so exciting....it's looking like we may still have a chance at the National Championship, that would be the greatest thing if that happened, but I will be happy with just a bowl game!

Slashnl
11-05-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm sad. I'm a Nebraska fan....

However, their volleyball team is kicking butt!!!! :)

HookemHorns
11-10-2007, 01:54 AM
wow......i love college football.... i just joined this message board tonight.... i'm a longhorn. go UT.... we are like 15th in the nation. i see the guy who started this thread roots for USC.... remember 2006 Rose bowl? Vince young? :)

anyway... i see there are loads of people here from all sorts of schools....

i saw the west virginia game last night. congrats on the victory over louisville.

there's gators fans here? ugh... lol. im sorry but you guys won both football and bball championships recently.. give others a chance. lol.

to that nebraska fan, don't worry. nebraska will become a powerhouse again some day. just get rid of callahan.

anyway, i can't wait for saturday. we play texas tech. good luck to everybody's team tomorrow.

babenwaiting
11-10-2007, 03:04 AM
The N. C. State Wolf Pack hosts the University of North Carolina Tar Heels here on Tobacco Road tomorrow (Raleigh.) Though ACC football has lost a little luster the last few years, this is still one of the fiercest rivalries in the country. Believe it or not, I love both schools so ... I'll be happy either way! :D

GatorgalstuckinGA
11-10-2007, 08:19 AM
wooohooo...football day again. This time UF at USC (no gary..not your trojans LOL..a team called the game cokcs...hmmm what a stupid name for a team LOL lead by an even stupider coach LOL)...lets go gators

EZMONEY
11-10-2007, 09:34 AM
wow...... i see the guy who started this thread roots for USC.... remember 2006 Rose bowl? Vince young? :)

Hummm...do I remember? Can't say that I do....football was sooooo over rated back then.

Well we play Cal Beserkley today...a few months back it was gonna be the big game. Still means a lot to us....a win tonight ~ again on Thanksgiving Day against # 9 ASU ~ then a cake walk through UCLA on Dec. 1 and we get a solid bowl game.

Good luck in your games today kids.....

LondonJulz
11-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Though I'm one of the few (read: only) people here who like Steve Spurrier, nothing would give me greater pride than to see my amazing Gators embarass USC (the Gamecocks) today!!! GO GATORS!

To the Longhorn fan - I live in Oklahoma... so, by association I root for OU. But, I can't stand OSU!!!! Their fans around here remind me of the fans of LSU. Just kind of snotty (in my opinion). So, last week, I was a Longhorn fan and was SO excited that you guys beat OSU! :woohoo:

But I could never love another team the way I love my GATORS! :D

HookemHorns
11-10-2007, 06:25 PM
yah we beat osu last week. we came back. that was awesome...... we are currently playing tech right now and up by a touchdown or so.... i was gonna go to the game today, but i had no tickets... :( the only way i could go is to go on a blind date with somebody off craig's list and honestly, i dont trust that site. but i was tempted to go.... i mean... free ticket... but still. lol. and besides, i got a gf. but still.,... free ticket.......to last home game of the year..... ack.

so anyway, im kinda glad im at home right now.... ohio state is down to illinois by 7 right now and its the start of the 3rd quarter. hopefully the buckeyes are going down today so all of our teams have a chance to go up in the polls. :) unless you are a buckeye of course. anyway, back to watching. be back later.

EZMONEY
11-11-2007, 01:21 AM
Another win for USC!!

LondonJulz
11-11-2007, 02:22 AM
Yes, thank you, we will TAKE that win against the USC Gamecocks and Steve Spurrier! WOOHOO! :carrot:

And, I too was glad that Ohio lost today.

HookemHorns
11-17-2007, 01:51 PM
wow!! alot has happened this week... oregon losing...

i swear this is the craziest football season ever. teams are going down all over the place. im glad its not just my longhorns..... although our next game is thanksgiving with A and M. :)

anyway, im watching the ohio state / michigan game and man....what a game.....this is gonna be a great day for football.....

and what about kansas man.... yikes....

anyway, michigan is up 3-0 right now at the end of the first quarter.. i hope michigan wins just cause henne and hart and some seniors who could have played for the nfl and made millions this year stayed just for this game.

ennay
11-17-2007, 02:01 PM
I cant believe Oregon blew it. :p

HookemHorns
11-17-2007, 03:45 PM
I cant believe Oregon blew it. :p

yah i feel bad for your guys' QB, dixon.... if he didnt injure his knee then im pretty sure they would be playing for a national championship. oh well. there's always bball

on a side note, michigan better score quickly or this game is over :(

EZMONEY
11-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Now ENNAY you know as well I do that they didn't blow it...just goes to show how good Dixon is.

TEBOW proved once again today he is overrated!

EZMONEY
11-17-2007, 08:11 PM
I am so thanful that my USC TROJANS will play on Thanksgiving Evening....I am so blessed...bad part though...game comes on at 5:00 Pacific time....Angie and I are doing a 5K in the morning, then all my family will be here and we will have dinner across the street at my brother's house...since it is across the street and no driving going on...there just may ;) be some drinkin' going on for me...OK...there WILL be...the kids have promised to keep me awake for the game against ASU! Our time to get back in the "hunt"!

GatorgalstuckinGA
11-17-2007, 11:56 PM
ez...tebow overrated...but you jest...20 td's in one season..now that's a record...i wouldn't say overrrated LOL ...and to boot..he's an awesome guy from what i hear...dedicated, motivating and a good person

Rhighlan86
11-18-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm so excited, we have the potential for either a National Championship or the Rose Bowl. Either way I'm already getting ready for a plane ride or a road trip :)

EZMONEY
11-18-2007, 05:13 PM
ez...tebow overrated...but you jest...20 td's in one season..now that's a record...i wouldn't say overrrated LOL ...and to boot..he's an awesome guy from what i hear...dedicated, motivating and a good person

But seriously don't you think his team members call him a BALL:ink: Football is a team sport...something tells me he is a selfish-selfish boy....mine-mine-mine-me-me-me mine ;).

I'm so excited, we have the potential for either a National Championship or the Rose Bowl. Either way I'm already getting ready for a plane ride or a road trip :)

You are having a great year KID! enjoy it!

GatorgalstuckinGA
11-18-2007, 07:11 PM
lol at ez...well maybe he wouldn't be so selfish if the other players could actually play LMAo...yes that is me bashing my favorite team....since they have a lack of team...just a player LOL

but of corse i'll always luv my boys even if they are stinking pretty badly

EZMONEY
11-18-2007, 07:22 PM
but of corse i'll always luv my boys even if they are stinking pretty badly

That's what I say about my RAIDERS ....but it's starting to "smell" real bad...thank goodness for college and USC FOOTBALL!

HookemHorns
11-18-2007, 07:30 PM
AP Top 25

1. LSU (60)

2. Kansas (3)

3. Missouri (1)

4. West Virginia (1)

5. Ohio State

6. Georgia

7. Arizona State

8. Virginia Tech

9. Oregon

10. Oklahoma

11. USC

12. Florida

13. Texas

14. Hawaii

15. Boston College

16. Virginia

17. Boise State

18. Illinois

19. Tennessee

20. Connecticut

21. Clemson

22. Wisconsin

23. Brigham Young

24. Cincinnati

25. Auburn

-- haha look at ou. that would be sweet if ou loses to osu next week. sorry boo @ the sooners. i wonder what the bcs poll is gonna look like.

EZMONEY
11-18-2007, 07:51 PM
AP Top 25

Here ya go HORNS ~ I fixed it for ya!

1. USC

2. GATORGALS

3. Missouri (1)

4. West Virginia (1)

5. Ohio State

6. Georgia

7. Arizona State

8. Virginia Tech

9. Oregon

10. Oklahoma

11. LSU

12. KANSAS

13. Texas

14. Hawaii

15. Boston College

16. Virginia

17. Boise State

18. Illinois

19. Tennessee

20. Connecticut

21. Clemson

22. Wisconsin

23. Brigham Young

24. Cincinnati

25. Auburn

-- haha look at ou. that would be sweet if ou loses to osu next week. sorry boo @ the sooners. i wonder what the bcs poll is gonna look like.

Well...if USC isn't #1 it really doesn't matter now does it?

GatorgalstuckinGA
11-18-2007, 09:02 PM
LOL at gary...i'll take #2 with the gators...even though i know its pretty much only going to happen if i sign a contract with the devil...but oh well...it sure looks pretty...at one point it was looking like that.

EZMONEY
11-22-2007, 02:44 PM
I wore my '72 Championship shirt in the 5K this morning. I got several "FIGHT ON'S! and VICTORY SIGNS!

Help me out tonight GALS with the :cheer: cheering against ASU...we sure could use that win!

THANKSGIVING AND USC FOOTBALL ~ AN AMERICAN TRADITION!!

GatorgalstuckinGA
11-22-2007, 05:17 PM
alright gary...just for you...gooooo USC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah trojan!!!!!! hope they win for you tonight...i'll probably catch some of the game. Glad to hear you got some spirit in the 5K...how'd it go btw.

HookemHorns
11-23-2007, 12:01 AM
usc is looking good right now.

lets hope texas can beat a and m tomorrow. :carrot:

EZMONEY
11-23-2007, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the "love" GATORGAL....the game was easy the 5K was my usual "just finish baby"!

HookEM ~ we..USC...did look good tonight....good luck against A&M

Rhighlan86
11-23-2007, 02:00 AM
Gary~ I like your list especially where kansas and lsu are, i wouldnt mind seeing them down there, but i think we need to be bumped up some more ;) Here's hoping! They even predicted that if we stayed at 3 we could get the orange bowl against virginia tech and that would be awesome, getting the old rivalry once again!

EZMONEY
11-23-2007, 09:54 AM
Here ya go RIGH-RIGH! I want all my 3FC family to be happy! :)

1. USC ~FLORIDA ~WEST VIRGINIA

4. Missouri

5. Ohio State

6. Georgia

7. Arizona State

8. Virginia Tech

9. Oregon

10. Oklahoma

11. lsu

12. kansas

13. Texas

14. Hawaii

15. Boston College

EZMONEY
11-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Sure did like the way my TROJANS whipped up on #6 ASU last night.

That would be a good ORANGE Bowl game BECKY.

EZMONEY
11-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Tough day for you HOOK-EM

BECKY that loss by LSU sure looks to help you out!

HookemHorns
11-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Tough day for you HOOK-EM

BECKY that loss by LSU sure looks to help you out!

yah it sucks that we lost yesterday... but the sting isnt that bad cause we are still going to a bowl game...just dont know where yet. but im really happy for my conference, the big 12.... kansas and missouri are kicking butt and making our conference look good. i hope whoever wins (kansas or missouri) can kick OU's butt in the championship game cause i really dislike the sooners.

wow wvu is looking good right now.

and hoe about that game with tenn and kentucky....4 overtimes? :yikes:

mom2fivesweeties
11-25-2007, 12:54 AM
CONGRATULATIONS MISSOURI TIGERS!!!:cheer2::cheer::congrat:

Rhighlan86
11-25-2007, 12:58 AM
Big East Champs right here! Got my hotel room in Louisiana today! I'm so excited! Since Kansas lost we could very well be #1 right now, who'd a thunk it?!

DGAdDawg
11-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Man, Kentucky let me down!! What I wouldn't give for my Dawgs to have another shot at UT or South Carolina(just to shut Spurrier up)...thats ok though. For a team that people thought was finished after the UT game, #4 in the country and a BCS bowl looks pretty good! Go Dawgs!!

HookemHorns
11-26-2007, 06:37 PM
congrats on georgia girlie... i'm really bummed with what happened to the texas longhorns this past friday losing to A and M and all. but we'll get to go to some bowl game.. it's not gonna be a big one, but still... and plus we got mack brown as our coach, one of the best recruiters in teh country :) and our bball team is doing great right now soooooo i'll be looking for that college B BALL thread coming soon. i can't wait for march madness anyway :) :carrot::carrot:

EZMONEY
11-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Hey DGAdDawg you might just end up playing my TROJANS in the Rose Bowl...assuming we get by UCLA on saturday...and WE WILL!

Hook-em i bumped up the basketball thread for ya.

DGAdDawg
11-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Everyone is SO EXCITED about maybe going to the Rose Bowl..we haven't been since 1943! Its a bit too far for me to go, so I'll be watching at home, wherever we end up. My Dad says the Rose would be nice, but we might not want a piece of USC.

EZMONEY
11-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Everyone is SO EXCITED about maybe going to the Rose Bowl..we haven't been since 1943! Its a bit too far for me to go, so I'll be watching at home, wherever we end up. My Dad says the Rose would be nice, but we might not want a piece of USC.

Well DGAdDawg if they play like they did against ASU..you don't...if they play like they did against Stanford it is an easy win for you....we shall see what they are really made of against UCLA this Saturday....a lot is at stake...the Rose Bowl and revenge for not making the BCS Championship game last year...cross town rivals...always a good one!