Old 08-03-2007, 07:41 PM   #1  

Default first week on lawl

hi everyone---let's see actually not quite a week but i have done 2 take off days and then first 4 days on the purple plan....so i weighed in today and i was one pound heavier than after first take off day!!!
this is a little discouraging, although i feel thinner....two things that i think came into play are that i have been sick this week, and do not think i am "going to the bathroom" quite as regularly.
what do you all think??
actually the diet itself is going pretty good, although i find it a little cumbersome at this point.
my dh is doing it too, so that greatly helps.

of course, today, they had the big sell on bars.....i said i did not want to do the one time purchase and she acted like why wouldn't you....so i fessed up and told her my husband worked with someone who had them left over, first she was like "gross" they are probably old and then i said they are actually still at the center...and she acted like this woman is comitting a crime!! (truth is i found these bars on craigslist, but wanted to sound casual)

anyway, i did purchase half of bars (22 boxes, i think at 25% off) i figured this way my dh and i are well on our way with out paying all the money out at once...

i really hope i lose a couple of pounds this week, i really thought the first week would be a winner...hope to have a good week this week.

thanks for listening, Chris (in minnesota by the way)
ccommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:50 PM   #2  
Barbra

S/C/G: 151/151/130

Height: 5'3

I am in MN also. You found bars on Craigslist??
bandp519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:50 PM   #3  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 229.6/ticker/145.0

Height: 5'8"

Just wanted to say Hi! I am on day # 12 with LAWL and although my weigh in today was only down .4 lbs since Tuesday, I am still plugging along. Hoping things will catch up and I will drop like 3 lbs next week (hey a girl can dream!)

I only bought 1/2 my bars from the center and I really didnt get any flack except how much more I would save buying them all now. Not really since I am still buying them on Ebay when I find a good deal.
SummerLuvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #4  

yes, barbra----i found bars on craigslist, this woman has access to i think 30 boxes, i told her i would buy 15...she is charging $11/box, which is cheaper than 25%.....with my plan, the $249 deal 25% was the best deal i was offered at the center.
anyway, i love craigslist, because it is local and you can just do a pick up without the hassle of shipping, bidding, and paypal of ebay.
where do you live?
I am in minnetonka, very close to ridgedale
chris
Old 08-04-2007, 08:44 AM   #5  

hey jennifer, thanks for your reply, funny i am hoping to maybe drop 3 by next week too, but we will see....slow and steady is really the way to go.
chris
Old 08-05-2007, 08:18 PM   #6  

Smile Hi, I am new to LAWL 1 week down 32 to go

Hello, I hope that I am doing this right. This is new territory for me to use this site. I am very upbeat about my first week, but I really didn't like the pressure from the center to purchase the supplements. I am going to go without them and see how it goes. I also hope to find some deals on the bars on either Craigslist or ebay. I am in Denver.
trishk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:30 PM   #7  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hi Trish-unfortunately the pressure to go with supplements hasn't gone away since I joined. Really it's only one counselor who is really into trying to sell them to me but there is just NO way I'm going to spend more money. I recently found vitacost.com and bought more EFAs and some CLA (main ingredient in reduce plus) for under $15 each. I also got some Viactiv calcium chews and my own multivitamin. I bought my lites in bulk and think that I've spent enough money there! Good luck!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote