100 lb. Club - Valentine's Day Weight Loss Goals

View Full Version : Valentine's Day Weight Loss Goals

Jen
12-27-2001, 08:28 AM
The sad fact is that I am nowhere near accomplishing any of my New Year's goals, in fact I have gained a few pounds over the holidays. I need to change a lot about the way that I eat.

I'm going to skip right over the New Year's challenge and start fresh with some new goals for Valentine's day. From today (Dec 27th) that is exactly 7 weeks. I want to put my weight under 200, I'm not exactly sure how much that is since I've been too chicken to weigh myself. It has too be 20 lbs at least. I think that is a goal that I can accomplish if I work on my eating habits, drink lots of water and keep up with my exercise. I know that it sounds like a lot but I really think I can do it. I'm going to try really really hard!!!!

Who is with me??

CherriLynn40@aol.com
12-27-2001, 11:18 AM
I'm with you girlfriend..I currently weigh 325 and I want to be under 300 by Valentines Day..I think we both can do it..Take care...Sherry

SusanTaw
12-27-2001, 11:22 AM
Jen....20 lbs in 7 weeks means losing
3lbs per week, which is a lot to expect
when you still have to get through the
holidays and the aftermath. I really
think you should set a goal of 15 lbs
which is 2lbs per week to lose. Anything above that is pure gold.
We must be careful not to set up too
high goals which might be too difficult
to attain, and then lead to "failure"
which is really not a failure, cause any
weight loss is a success story in itself.
But having attained "the goal" makes
it all the more sweeter to savor. But ,
if you really think you can lose
the 20 lbs in 7 weeks, I sincerely wish
you all the best of luck and success.
But 1st of all, before you start this 'challenge'...you must get on the scale
and determine exactly what it is you must lose..is it 20lbs or maybe just 18lbs. ..or maybe only 16lbs. Being honest with yourself is the first step to
realizing your strengths and your weaknesses and knowing how to deal
with your food issues. And just because you gained a few lbs over the
holidays does not mean you failed.
This is just a resting stop on your journey. When you drive a car, you make turns, backup, go forward, etc.
Well consider the holidays as backing
up, and now you're ready to go forward again

:) :)

Inca's Momma
12-27-2001, 04:24 PM
OK OK I'll do it!!! I weighed myself Xmas day and was 333 I would like to weigh less than 300 by Valentine's Day. I have not been watching at all so should be able to lose quite a bit at first. I want to do this.

Kim
333/300

KarenUK
12-27-2001, 05:00 PM
Great idea - will give us something to aim for after a tough time food-wise!

I'm going to aim for 165 - that's an 11 pound loss by Feb 14th. It doesn't seem a lot, but at this stage, I've really slowed down, and I think it's realistic, but a goal which will take some work to reach.

Good luck everyone... we can do this!! :)

Karen
260.5/176/140

nasus40
12-27-2001, 06:18 PM
I am in. I am going to focus on only 1 lb a week. so that is 7 lbs, but that is from my lower weight of 170.

This way i will not be pushing for goals that are unobtainable, but the focus will be on the workouts and the eating the right foods without detours.

CherriLynn40@aol.com
12-28-2001, 12:00 AM
I did great today..I know it is only my first day,but I sure do feel motivated to tackle my eatting problem...Its funny I can go all day long without eatting, but when nighttime comes, lock the fridge..I will be weighing in next Thursday so I wish myself luck as well as you all on losing the flab..Take care friends..AND HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!...Sherry

Nic251
12-28-2001, 03:09 AM
Ok, I'm in too, I want to lose 7lbs, to get me down to 220! :cool:

Nicole
251/227/150

1fralick
12-28-2001, 05:13 AM
I love these challenge things!

I am 4 #'s away from my new year' s goal of 229#. For Valentines Day I would like to be 219#. That's a weight loss goal of 10+ #'s. That would be pretty cool!

amata
12-28-2001, 07:34 AM
I would like to get down to 230 lbs by Valentine's Day. This is my first mini-goal! I am so psyched. :p

barbygirl43
12-28-2001, 12:11 PM
I was nowhere near my New Year's goal, but hey I'm still here and still at least trying to stay OP so that's something.
My goal for Valentine's is the same as what I set for New Year's-->250. If I make it to that it will be the least I've weighed in 5 years.
Good luck to all.

amata
12-28-2001, 12:13 PM
I have seen a few people use OP. What does that stand for?

SusanTaw
12-28-2001, 01:35 PM
Amata...
OP means "on program" or "on plan"

Sherry:
Please dont tell us that you plan to starve yourself all day without eating.
That is not the way to lose weight and
KEEP it off. We are all struggling here
to reduce our weight in a HEALTHY way.
You have to learn to eat proper portions
and eat a well-balanced food intake.
Some of us are following low calorie,
some low protien, some low carb, low
sugar, the zone diet, whatever....
but the important thing to remember that
this is the beginning of a new way to
LIVE. And to live, you must eat...not starve. denying yourself of food all day and then enduring hunger cravings at night is not proper nutrition. Please reevaluate your diet program and be healthy. Good luck.

Jen
12-28-2001, 05:57 PM
Susan, I appreciate your concern and your comments about my setting a high weight loss goal in a relatively short time period. I am well aware of how difficult it may be to lose 3.5 lbs a week but sometimes you have to set the bar high in order to motivate yourself. This gain over the past month has been a wake up call for me. I've been talking the talk but not walking the walk if you know what I mean. I've said all the same things you have said in your posts on this thread and frankly it has gotten me nowhere. Right now I need a serious kick in the rear to get myself going and I think setting a tough goal will do it. I know what I am capable of and I know I am capable of this if I really work at it.

lorelei1
12-28-2001, 06:35 PM
hello!
My new years goal was 40 pounds which when I last weighed was five pounds away! I have been sick so maybe I should weigh in tommorow. I wonder if that weight will stay away when you lose it being sick?? Will report more tommorow and think about my new goal.

lorelei

Mello1
12-28-2001, 10:15 PM
The New Year's Challenge really kept me focused. I will find out tomorrow if I made my goal on that. For now, my goal by February 14th is to lose 14 pounds (2 lbs/wk). We can do this!!!!

[EDIT] Update: I got weighed this morning, and the bad news is I didn't quite make my New Year's goal. The good news is that I only came up .6 pounds short. I lost 2 pounds! Yay! On to the next challenge!

Mello1

308/292/280/150 12 lbs. to Valentine's Day goal

:D

lorelei1
12-29-2001, 01:47 PM
Mello-you still have a few days until new years day. I know you could lose .6 in three days! I am going by new years day not new years eve! ;)

I still have 1.8 pounds for my new years day goal of 40 pounds!!
I hope I can make it or come close.

For Valentine's Day-260 which will be 100 pounds from my goal weight.

lorelei
start=313 1/1/01
current=274.8
new years day goal=273
valentines goal=260

WE CAN DO IT!! :) :) :)

lorelei1
12-30-2001, 10:52 AM
down one more pound, so now I have only .8 to get to my new years day goal!!

lorelei :)

lorelei1
01-02-2002, 10:14 AM
how is everyone doing? I am staying on program and waiting for the scale to go on down! started exercizing because I know that will help me lose weight faster by burning some extra calories and by building some muscle which is a metabolism booster!

lorelei

Jen
01-03-2002, 09:44 AM
Setting a difficult goal sure did help to motivate me, I lost 4 lbs this past week, beating my goal of 3.5lbs a week to make my Valentine's Day goal. Let's keep it up everyone.:smug:

scotscarol
01-03-2002, 10:06 AM
I am new here but I would love to take the challenge. I am a 32 year old wife and mother of 2. I have always been heavy and am determined to change. I realized that I weigh more today than I did on my due dates with either of my kids. This has got to change. I really am encouraged by all the posts here and I am going to succeed if it is the last thing I do. I started yesterday. I am drinking lots of water, really watching my eating and started walking. My Valentine's day goal is 220, which is a 10 1b goal. I am so excited to know that I am not alone.

Carol
starting weight 230
Valentines goal 220
ulitmate goal 130 (maybe unrealistic- I probably weighed 130 in 7th grade):o

Jenniffer
01-03-2002, 01:48 PM
Valentines Day!?!?!? Wasn't it 4th of July just a few days ago? Ha haha Count me in of course!
Not sure of how much weight I will need to lose, most likely between 15-18 lbs to get to my goal of 199 by Valentines Day!

We all lose weight at different paces, depending on many factors. I know when I first started losing weight. 17 lbs dropped off in the 1st month. Anything is possible...as long as we are healthy and strong. We all know that starving won't work...but we all do need a swift strict kick in the rump at times.

Valentines : 199 lbs (aprox 15-18 lbs)

nasus40
01-03-2002, 08:20 PM
I am trying to lose the water weight that i had on it is taking me longer than i thought. I started new year at 180 (about 10 of water) so i hope that i will be down to atleast 170 but more like 163 which would have meant 7 lbs of fat (I started valentines goal at 7 weeks and wanted to lose 1 a week) I will have to redefine my goals at countdown week 4 to see if they need adjusting.

I am going strong and staying op today. a bit more with the cravings but managable

D3OP

w8Bgone
01-04-2002, 12:49 AM
Hi! I would like to join in!
I am new to this board, and I would like to start setting some small weight loss goals to get me going. I think this is a good place to start.
I would like to lose 12 lbs by Valentine's, which would bring me down to 296-which is still pitiful, but hey, every little bit counts!

Tammy

Baylee_B
01-04-2002, 01:47 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm at 250 the other day,so,for valentines day,I'll say 15 pounds,or 235. I wish us all good luck.
I think we can do it.What do you think?:angel:
See ya all later! Baylee:wave:

Chellefn
01-04-2002, 05:19 AM
Hi!

I'm new here and I want to join your Valentine's goal. :)

I haven't weighed recently (no scales, but I'm buying one tomorrow!). I know I'm in the neighborhood of 250 though. So I'd say a goal of 2lbs per week? That would be 12lbs by Vday.

Thanks! & Good luck to everyone!
Chelle

nasus40
01-04-2002, 11:46 AM
just a note it is 5 1/2 weeks till valentines day. I am concerned that you guys may be trying to go for to much. A weight loss of 1-1/2 lbs a week is good and more is a blessing if you set your goals too high and do not make it then you will be setting your self in for a let down, start small and then if you make your goal sooner then you can celebrate a goal acomplished, rather than possible dissapointment if you do not get there. (believe me i have been there, and now realize that i to set my goals too high, but am willing to change them if i find that it is not succeeding as well as planed so i can have success under my belt)

in fact that is why i am comming here today. i am stubbornly holding the weight that i thought was water. HMMMM is it really

so I weighed in at 176 today and will be firming my goals weight to 170 for valentines day, and more willb e wonderfyl!!

Sandi
01-04-2002, 12:51 PM
Valentines Day...Hmmmmmm. Ok, My goal is goiing to be to lose 15 lbs. I should be able to do that in 6 weeks. That'll put me at a 42 lb lose overall, but 30 lbs since I joined WW. That'll be a good day. I am actually giving myself until the 13th because that's weigh-in day for me!!!

deedee32
01-05-2002, 01:44 PM
I want to loose 10 lbs by Valentines day. That would put me at 268. We can do this. :)

lorelei1
01-05-2002, 03:09 PM
Hey everybody!
Last week I was showing great weight losses due to being sick-eww! I knew that wasn't all fat since I lost so much. It was disappointing seeing it go back up some but atleast I KNOW it's water because I have been faithful to watching my calories. I weighed in at 274.5 today. My goal is 260 for Valentine's Day=14.5 pounds. I know I can do it, I am DETERMINED!! :) :) :)

lorelei
313/274.5/260 valentine's day

Mello1
01-05-2002, 04:00 PM
Status on my progress:

I'm down another 2.8 lbs.! Yay! On to making my goal Valentine's day!

308/289.6/150 2.8/12 down for goal :D

GonnaBeANurse
01-05-2002, 11:26 PM
I am setting my sights at 10 lb. gone by Valentine's Day. My wedding anniversary is Feb 19th, so it would be an added bonus to have those pounds gone for my weekend away.

Good luck everyone! :)

Marianne

327/327/160

nasus40
01-06-2002, 05:42 PM
Hi all I just want to say that i am down to 175 now i still am retaining fluid I see it in my fingers every morning!!

welcome gonabeanurse. I am one and love the work but have gotten a bit burned out. Good luck with your career how far along are you and what degree are you getting?? RN?LPN OR COLLEGE? I give you tons of credit as it is very ahrd work!!

lorelei1
01-07-2002, 10:12 AM
hi all!
I weighed in this a.m. and was down by .5 which puts me at 274 even. Not bad considering when this thread started I was 278 (I re-read the first page). My v-day goal is still 260. I know that is only 5 weeks away and I may not make it, but why not try, huh??

Mello-great job with that 2.8!!

Marianne-good luck on reaching your goal~~

nasus-I wish I could say I weighed 175! When I weighed that I was wearing 14's not 24's! I will get there eventually~

lorelei
(313/274/260 v-day goal)

Belle128
01-07-2002, 10:46 AM
Hi!
my v-day goal is 183
my plan:
lite carb, water, water, water
and walking everyday

Gina Belle
245/192/was187/goal128

Happy Losing;)

nasus40
01-07-2002, 01:16 PM
loreli I started wearing 24! so any thing is possible.. It will just take time and patients there will be ups and downs but if you keep your focus then you will get there. keep a small schedule like claneder in your purse and jot down a not to your self everyday that helps to keep your fous daily it is when i stop comming here and stop journaling that i have the tendancy to fall and slip back to the ols ways but i have been faster at correcting that by remembering I am not perfect and i am allowed to make a mistake so i forgive my self and get back on the wagon faster.

I too am starting to see losses again my water is finally comming off!!! WHEW!!!

doing well staying OP but seeing to have problems getting motivated to sdo my exercise will have to go over my books again!!!

Chellefn
01-08-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by lorelei1
hi all!
nasus-I wish I could say I weighed 175! When I weighed that I was wearing 14's not 24's! I will get there eventually~

lorelei
(313/274/260 v-day goal)

Wow!! Lori you've come so far already! I'm at 276 and I am (barely) in a 22. I just started my weight loss and my goal is 12 pounds by Vday. I *need* to see this through - it's my first short time goal.

Chelle

Jen
01-09-2002, 10:58 PM
I know I lost 1 lbs at least this past week, I weighed myself before my period started. I'm not going to weigh in tomorrow (Thurs) as I have been doing as I can retain as much as 5lbs of water with my TOM. I'll weigh in again next Thurs and I'm positive I will see a further loss. How is everyone else doing?

gbo
01-11-2002, 10:14 AM
Well, my New Years goal was 289 my wedding weight so I will shoot for that! Small goals are so helpful. We don't lose weight for the most part by huge goals but rather in a series of small goals a day at a time. These challenges are the best way for continuing weight loss and personally I just love them!
Pam

nasus40
01-11-2002, 12:15 PM
Still droping the water weight from the holidays. I am now 172 so that is down from 181 on new years day (all water) so I get to the serious stuff soon ugh and i wan tto cheat so bad right now. more chromium!!! my kingdom for some chromium!!!

Chellefn
01-11-2002, 09:17 PM
Wow Sue! Your stats are inspiring! I love seeing people's stats.

I weighed today and I've lost three pounds! Woooo!! I'm so excited. This is the first time in two years that I've tried to loose weight. It's nice to know it's still possible! :)

Good Luck everybody!
Chelle

Thimble
01-11-2002, 10:37 PM
Well I'm here on my first day of starting again for the one hundred and first time at least. I just stumbled on to the site by accident and thought why not? Heaven knows I lack anyone to talk to and share this struggle with. At 48 soon to be 49 I feel like I've wished my life away. I started gaining weight at twelve and have continued to gain eversince. Only one time have I lost weight of any speakable amount and that was when I was walking. But as soon as I stopped walking I gained it all back. Now at somewhere around 280, (I don't know for sure as I don't have a scales) I get out of breath very easy and sometimes it scares me. I'd like to loose weight for all the reasons, but mostly so I could feel good, not tired all the time. I'm going to count fat grams, drink water instead of Dr Pepper all the time, and walk some each day. I hope I can gain something by sharing this with someone, all of you, and that maybe somehow I can give some support to someone else in return.

Ready for a change, Thimble

Thimble
01-11-2002, 10:42 PM
Well I'm here on my first day of starting again for the one hundred and first time at least. I just stumbled on to the site by accident and thought why not? Heaven knows I lack anyone to talk to and share this struggle with. At 48 soon to be 49 I feel like I've wished my life away. I started gaining weight at twelve and have continued to gain eversince. Only one time have I lost weight of any speakable amount and that was when I was walking. But as soon as I stopped walking I gained it all back. Now at somewhere around 280, (I don't know for sure as I don't have a scales) I get out of breath very easy and sometimes it scares me. I'd like to loose weight for all the reasons, but mostly so I could feel good, not tired all the time. I'm going to count fat grams, drink water instead of Dr Pepper all the time, and walk some each day. I hope I can gain something by sharing this with someone, all of you, and that maybe somehow I can give some support to someone else in return.

Ready for a change, Thimble

Chellefn
01-12-2002, 12:57 AM
Good for you Thimble! It takes a lot of courage to change!

What is your plan going to be? Or have you decided yet?

GOOD LUCK with your walking! I know you'll be a success.
Chelle

Thimble
01-12-2002, 01:20 AM
I think I might really like this fat gram thing. I've never done it and have been shocked out of my socks since I started reading labels a couple of days ago. I never thought of myself as eating alot of fat, but wow was I wrong! I love to cook so I think I am just going to redo all my recipes and write a new book. I've been looking at the recipes on this site and have found alot that I'd like to try. I made homemade yogurt biscuits last night that were fantastic. I think I need to make a lifetime change, not something to just loose the weight but something to live by. I'd like to do it well enough that the rest of my family will enjoy it too. I never have drank enough water, so thats something to work on and of course I really need to walk, as I spend to much time sitting. Hopefully between the three things I can pull the excess weight off. My 27th anniversary is on valentines day, so I'm setting a weight loss goal of 14 pounds. It may be a little high since it's only a little over a month off, but I like the number. Of course I will have to go buy a scales tomorrow or go somewhere to weight. Then I can declare my official weight to ALL!

On my way, Thimble

Chellefn
01-12-2002, 05:06 AM
wow.. yogurt biscuits? Sounds interesting! What are they?

Thimble
01-12-2002, 11:53 AM
Here they are:

1 c. plus 2 Tabs. flour
1 1/2 teas. baking powder
1/2 teas. salt
1/4 Tabs. cold margarine
(I used Parkay light stick margarine and it worked fine)
1/2 c. plan yogurt
1 teas. sugar

combine dry ingre; cut in margarine until crumbly. Add yogurt and sugar and stir until just moistened. Turn onto a floured service and knead 4-5 times. Place into a 6x4 inch dish that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray; pat out to edges of dish; cut into 6 square biscuits, do not separate. Spray tops with cooking spray. Bake at 450' for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. 6 servings:
One biscuit equals 134 calories, 4 gm fat
Less if you use the light margarine

Ao good and fluffy! Note: the biscuits will pull apart

lorelei1
01-16-2002, 10:07 AM
I always love to post when I've done well (of course-don't we all?? ;) )but when I'm not --I stay away. I have to stop doing this. Anyway, for the past week or so I havent been watching what I eat at all. The dumb thing was that it was triggered by meeting a friend for lunch last week and then the same night going out with my family to a buffet place-and that's all it took-two fattening meals and I am off plan for a whole week. I have to stop the mentality of I've blown it so I am going off plan. I am afraid to weigh in but I guess I will first thing in the morning tommorow. I have eaten already today so I know my weight will be higher than it is first thing in the a.m. Oh well, coming back here is the first step. I want to be able to reach my goals and coming here sure does help.
hopefully I will have good news to report soon!!

ps-I read the previous pages on this thread and want to say thanks for the support! I know a 14 is possible one day and that I have come far, so I am done with this backsliding and want to get back on track today! :)

lorelei

1fralick
01-20-2002, 06:32 AM
bringing this up

Chellefn
01-22-2002, 10:29 AM
Hmmmm...

my goal was 12 pounds by Vday but since that's only 3 weeks away and I've lost a grand total of 4 pounds, that may be difficult to reach!

I really need to rededicate myself to this! I've been eating approx. 1200-1500 calories weekdays & 2000 on the weekends and I don't seem to be losing much. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!
Chelle

amata
01-22-2002, 10:30 AM
I know what you mean. My goal was 230. Since that is about 20 lbs. away, I think I will settle for 245-250. :) Maybe by my birthday I can reach 220-230. That would be so amazing!!!

Amy

SusanTaw
01-22-2002, 01:41 PM
Attention Thimble:
Just want to ask regarding recipe for
yogurt biscuits....was that really just
1/4 tbsp of lite margarine, or is it
supposed to be 1/4 cup margarine.
1/4 tablespoon seems very little.
Thank you. I want to try this recipe.

lorelei1
01-22-2002, 04:29 PM
yeah!
update: after two days of eating right again, I have lost weight. I am down two pounds!! :) my grand total is 40 pounds gone. I still have 13 pounds to go to get to my v-day goal. I know it's impossible now since I blew it being off plan and all. Oh well, I thrilled to see 40 pounds lost!! I am going to have to change my goal to 267 which is 6 more pounds. 6 pounds is a good amount for three weeks, and if I lose more that will be a "bonus"!!

chelle-4 pounds is good! how long did it take to lose it? Maybe you are right on track with the recommended 1-2 pounds a week. Your calories depend on how much you weigh. I weigh 273 (5'9 height) and by going to different websites I found my body needs around 1700 cals/a day just for basic bodily functions (breathing, heart beat, digestion, etc...) of course we do more than lay on a couch all day so I actually burn more than this. I keep my calories at 1700-1800 and lose well on that. Maybe your calories are too LOW and your body is thinking it's starving. I have read a lot on this and everyone says the bare minimum should be 1200 on a weight loss plan or you could be putting yourself in starvation mode. (metabolism slows down then). Maybe if you keep it at that range (1700) you'd lose too -depending on your weight. let me know if you want the website I go to for your basal metabolism estimate. Also maybe the 2000 is too much on the weekend so it defeats the low cals all week and you are just staying the same?? I dont know I am just guessing. good luck!!

lorelei
(313/273!!/267 new valentines goal)

Mrs. Big Dawg
01-22-2002, 05:16 PM
I'm new here so my goal by Valentine's day is 6lbs. From 318 to 312.

Chellefn
01-23-2002, 12:55 AM
Mrs. BD, good luck on your Vday goal!! You can do it.

lorelei1 - thanks for the advice. I'm 5'8 and 273lbs & have been doing this since Jan 4th. I'm not sure where that puts me. Can you refer me to a chart? I appreciate your help!

Hmm... I didn't realize it, but that means that this is only my third week! I'm such an impatient nerd... No wonder I haven't seen any huge changes. An average of 2 pounds per week is totally ok with me - it's my goal! But I really would appreciate seeing a chart so I can learn more.

Thanks!
Chelle

lorelei1
01-23-2002, 09:42 AM
Hey I guess we are about the same height/weight wise. (except I had to lose 40 to get to your starting weight!) ;) No you arent an impatient nerd! lol we want it gone and we want it gone NOW!! Wanting it and getting it are two different things though unfortunately!

here is a site I go to: http://www.room42.com

this is the basal metabolism calculator. It asks your age, weight and height and then it will tell you how many calories your body burns to keep you functioning each day and how many calories you burn really if you are a couch potato or if you do lite exercise, heavy exercise etc... I really feel it will tell you to eat a bit more, wouldnt that be nice? lol

I totally just copied this on another thread here on the 100 pound club. I like these also:

http://www.healthcentral.com.cooltools/CT_Fitness/bodyfat1.cfm

and

http://www.hussman.com/eas/bmrcalc.htm

the room42 site seems to say you need more calories than the other one does. the healthcentral will ask for measurements to give you your body fat estimate. you use these figures to get calorie estimates needed for fat loss on the hussman site.

so for me, one says 2000 is my basal metabolism and another says 1780. It varies because one site is going by how much fat you have. Fat doesnt seem to need as much calories as muscled bodies do.

anyway, hope you find this interesting and helpful

lorelei

lorelei1
01-23-2002, 09:59 AM
the website for healthcentral didnt come up right when I checked it. (sorry) it should be

http:www.healthcentral.com/cooltools/...ss/bodyfat1.cfm

I hope this is right! If not it's posted on the starvation thread 100 pound listing.

also on the room42 site you have to scroll down to get to the calculator and the hussman site has pop up boxes that you fill in the body fat % etc to get the answer.

sorry for the goof!
lorelei

lorelei1
01-24-2002, 08:13 AM
hey all!
I weighed in this morning and I have lost another pound! I am so psyched. This counting calorie thing really works. Congrats to all the other "losers" as well! :)

lorelei
313/272/267 valentines goal

Mrs. Big Dawg
01-24-2002, 07:05 PM
I weighed this morning and I had lost 4lbs. I'm down to 314. Thanks for the support. I can't do it alone.

Carol :)

Chellefn
01-26-2002, 12:52 AM
Ladies, I am so sorry that I've been gone! My internet connection has been down for the last two days.

Sounds like everyone is doing really well!

Carol - 4 pounds is terrific!!!

lorelei - One more pond toward your goal! That's terrific!

I always think of Friday as the beginning of the weekend & so far it's gone well :) I just hope I stay strong tomorrow & Sunday, those are the weakest points for me! :devil:

Have a FABULOUS weekend everybody!!!
Chelle

1fralick
01-27-2002, 07:11 AM
Well I want to say congrats to all teh losers! Lorelei Congrats on teh 40+ # you have lost!!!!

I also get to tell you that I am no closer to my New Years goal then I was 12/28 when I posted:( , Very sad.

So to redefine my Heart day Goal I would like to be 229# That is 3 #'s in 3 weeks. I have hit a plateau and am stuck UGH!

lorelei1
01-27-2002, 11:01 AM
for the kind words of encouragement, I am very happy about the 41 pounds!!

Sorry about the plateau fralick, I know you must be very frustrated, I know I would be. Have you tried shaking things up?
Like maybe more weight lifting to increase your metabolism, more walking, or more veggies instead of staches, etc..?? I have read that when in a plateau your body is maintaining because you have reached a perfect balance. Just enough calories in and being burned to keep you the same. I wish you good luck!

Its now less than three weeks to v-day, how is everyone doing??

lorelei