WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for August-end of summer

Tina
08-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Greetings to everyone,
Summer is flying by. I'm not sure if I like that.

If you are new here, we are a fantastic group. :D:D:D
We follow WW and weigh on Thursdays. Well, we all used to weigh on Thurs. Now some of us do it different days----but we're still all here, together, as one happy family. (You see I didn't say "big happy family.")
How has everyone been doing this week?
Tammy, have you recovered from your trip?
Amy, how is San Antonio? I'm sure you are wet!
Susan, haven't hear from you in awhile. Are you working in that shop again?
Sis, I'm so glad you are back with us.
Maureen, girl, you've got to post as well as read. :dizzy:
Chantal, when is your Paris trip?
Terry, how's the family? Any vacation plans?
I'm sorry if I left anyone out. Please forgive.

I'm feeling better than I was a few days ago. Female stuff.:dizzy:
Last night we went out for thai food. Yummy. I don't think I went over points.
Tina

:flow1:

Tammy
08-02-2007, 04:44 PM
We got home last night, and I have slept off and on all day today. The trip really did a number on me. What else is new, right? I am so glad to be home! Sleeping in my own bed was wonderful. I feel bad for Tim. He has hardly been home at all this summer, and he goes back to school a week from tomorrow. He'll have percussion tryouts that day. Keeping fingers crossed that he makes it again.

I didn't gain on the trip, but I didn't lose either. My butterfly is never moving as fast as I'd like.

Tina, I've never had thai food. Might have to try it someday.

auntie
08-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Hi,
I haven't been getting notices from the other thread and just realized it. :(

I'm doing good. My allergies are working overtime because all of the mold up here. All the rain we've had is making everything nice and green but mold doesn't agree with my allergies. We are going to have some hot days coming up... and I think with no rain.

I've been doing my spin classes but I gained this week. I was up 1 and 1/2 pounds. I think it's due to water retention. I hope.

Oh, I found out yesterday, Mitch quit. He didn't tell me and I still had sessions. I called him and left him a message. He called me back and promised he would still work out with me. I have my doubts about that!

I'm going home sometime in the next 10 days. School starts for me on the 20th and I want to see mom and dad before it starts. I'll go down for just a few days.

Hope everyone is doing good!

Tammy
08-03-2007, 06:21 AM
Susan, sorry to hear about the allergies! Tim's have been in rare form this summer because of how dry it is. When the farmers are out in the fields, and there is dust flying everywhere, Tim is a mess. We usually have the AC on mainly to help with his breathing. He says that breathing is a good thing!!

Your gain has to be water retention. With all of the workouts you are doing, it just has to be that. So Mitch quit huh? I hope he stands by what he says and works out with you. If he doesn't, we'll gang up on him. He wouldn't have a chance.

Good idea to go visit your parents before school starts. Once it starts, it's hard to get anything done.

Tim and I are planning to get some shopping done before he goes back to school. He needs a new suitcase. The zipper on the other one is having some problems. Kramer decided that he needed something to chew, so he chose the suitcase zipper. We didn't tell Bob that's what happened. I just said that it was broken. I think it will be better to buy a new one and not try to get a new zipper put on. This suitcase is the one he took to Europe a couple years ago, so it has seen some action.

Hope to hear from everyone!

Tammy
08-04-2007, 07:09 AM
Tim and I are headed to an outlet mall today. We've wanted to go there all summer, but we just have never made it. They have a Samsonite store, so we plan to get him a suitcase to replace what he had. I also plan to get Bob and I some new stuff. I really like the kind on wheels with the long handle out of the top. Ours are pretty old, and they don't do neat stuff like that!! The older we get, the easier we need things to be. We'll hit some other stores too, of course. Tim says there has to be a restaurant in that area, and he said he would buy! Woo hoo!!

What's everyone else up to????

Ladybug2680
08-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Ladies would you mind if I joined you?

I'm Dori. A happily married mom to two kids. I teach Special Education at a middle school and I throughly enjoy it. This isn't my first time on WW's. It's different this time though. I plan on staying on the plan and I'm totally committed this time.

Tina
08-04-2007, 11:08 AM
:welcome2: Dori,
We are so glad to have you here. It's nice to meet you.
I am Tina. I, too, have done WW before. I reached Lifetime in '92 but have not been at goal weight in quite some time.
I've got one grown, handsome son and one very handsome husband. :D

Sis, how was your week? Are you still working on weekends?
Susan, I'm glad you can go see your parents. You haven't mentioned them in some time. Is your mom eating enough now?

Tammy, oooh, I envy your trip today. I've wanted to hit the outlet malls all summer but something is always in the way.
New luggage with wheels is the only way to go. That's all we have now.

Okay, today I'm trying my best to get at least 6 glasses of just water down me. :lol:

auntie
08-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Howdy,

Welcome to the gang, Dori! We are a fun bunch if I say so myself!!! :D I am a deaf ed teacher and my kids are all deaf and mentally challenged along with a few other disabilities. I too am Lifetime but haven't been at that weight in a LONG time!! :)

Tina, Mom is eating (I think) No one has told on her if she isn't. I'll find out.

Daddy started therapy for his Parkinsons and is going 3 times a week. Plus working out 2 times with the trainer Amy uses. I can't remember if I told ya'll but his mom is paralyzed from a wreck so he is taking it really easy with him. He is even meeting with the therapist so they can really help him. It's been one week and I am told he is already improving. YEA!!!! I can't wait to see for myself.

Tammy, funny about the wheels. I'm getting a backpack with wheels because I said I'm tired of carrying all my stuff back and forth. Plus it's on going for a ride because I never get it done when I bring it home.

We are going out for Italian for dinner to my favorite place. I'll report what I ate. :)

auntie
08-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Tammy, thanks for having my back with Mitch. He won't know what HIT him :)

Tina
08-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Oooh, Susan eat some for me, too. :)

Tammy
08-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Welcome Dori!!! My husband and I have a son who is starting his 2nd year of college (not crying right now, but next week I will be). I retired the end of February after 30+ years of teaching elementary school. Good luck on your weight loss journey!!! Where is Jesup, GA? We have vacationed on Jekyll Island, GA. We have a condo rented for the month of Feb. 2008. Our son was online tonight checking out the cost to fly down to visit us that month.

Tina, we were very disappointed at the mall with the luggage. It was a Samsonite store, and they also had American Tourister. Well, I was shocked at the prices! For the same piece of luggage that I found at Wal Mart and JC Penney, it was twice the price! We ended up stopping at a Wal Mart on the way home. We bought a 29" one for Tim, and a 29" one and a 25" one for Bob and me. I decided to go with 2 different sizes for us so we could store the smaller one in the larger one. Pretty smart, huh?? I've done ok on water today, but I think I'll drink some more. I need to take my vitamins, so I try to drink quite a bit. (of course then I'll be up and running to the bathroom all night)

Susan, glad to hear about your dad's therapy. Keep us posted on how things are going with them. I know several teachers who had those backpacks on wheels. They loved them!! I love Italian!!!! Yummy!!!

Tim and I ate at Boston Market today. We don't have any real close to us. We ate at one when we were in Tampa too.

Ladybug2680
08-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome ladies.

Tammy - Jekyll Island is about an hour drive from Jesup. I love it out there, but don't get there that much. :(

Tammy
08-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Dori, maybe when we are down there, you and I could meet up somewhere! My husband lived in Brunswick when he was in elementary school for a while. The area has really changed since then, lol.

Well, we are taking the luggage back. Bob thinks the large one is too big for us, and he might be right. I was on line at JC Penney, and I ordered us a 6 piece set. We'll give Tim the largest one, and the rest will be for us. It will be cheaper than the 3 that we bought.

Tina
08-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Hi all,
How is everyone doing?

Tammy, when does Tim go back to school? Is it tomorrow, Friday?

I'm not feeling well. Don't have much to say right now. :-(

Tammy
08-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Tina, I hope you are feeling better!!!

I'm doing ok but not great. Yes, Tim went back today. He should be in band rehearsals right now with tryouts to follow. He was a mess this morning. He wouldn't eat, and he kept running to the bathroom. Hope he is ok now. I thought once he got over there and was around people he knew in the band, he'd be ok. Last year we didn't find out till about midnight that he had made the band. I hope it's earlier this year because I'm a nervous wreck worrying about it. lol

Food hasn't really been the best today. Just snacking on different things instead of regular meals. I need to journal my latest. Maybe at the end of the day it won't look as bad as what I think it will be!!

I've had some messages from some of the teachers about the heat in the building. They are working in their classrooms. I am SO glad that I don't have to do that anymore!!!!

Tammy
08-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Tim called about 9. They still didn't have the auditions finished but they didn't want it running as late as last year. They have the snares done, but nothing else. The only thing he is trying out for is cymbols. He was doing that all afternoon and evening, and he is hurting. He was going back to take some aleve and take a shower. Smart boy! They start up again at 9:00 in the morning. He said he'd call as soon as he knows anything for sure.

Even with having a pizza tonight, the day ended up being ok on my nutrition tracker thing. I need to set myself a mini-goal of some kind.

Tina
08-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Hi all,
Tammy, what's the word from Tim????? I'm so anxious for you both!!!!
He is so good that they have to take him. Do you want me to fly up and tell them? :)
I'm still not feeling too good. I've been to my PCP and gyn (twice). Monday I might go to the dermatologist.
Some day soon, we are flying out to NC to see about Larry's ill brother.

Susan, are you in SA?
Chantal are you home from Paris?

Tammy
08-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Tina, he didn't make it. I am just sick about it. He is doing ok. It came down to music majors and non music majors. He isn't a music major, so he was cut. BUT the director called him into his office and asked him to be a band manager. They need someone to help with the percussion stuff, getting things set up and fixing things. Tim is going to do it. He will still get the 2 credit hours because he'll be at all of the practices and games. He was positive about it. He was excited because Mr. K. wants to keep him. They'll have 5 managers this year. Those kids who didn't make it on an instrument had to go home and go back to school next week. Tim won't have to do that now. I've been in tears of course, but I'm doing better since he is staying positive.

You need to start feeling better!!! I always say that Mexican food cures everything. Have you tried that????

Hope we hear from some of the others!!

auntie
08-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Hi All,

Not getting emails again. It makes me mad when I don't :( I miss ya'll.

Tammy, I'm sorry about Tim!!! Want us to go talk to the band director? We will take care of it :) Won't we Tina!!!!

Tina, Get to feeling better! You are making your rounds with the doctors. I've done a few.

Well it's down hill slide now to school. I am off Monday, Tuesday a workshop then dr. appointment and flying to San Antonio that night. Come home Saturday, then will go to Rachael's party (my girl). Pat plays that night so I might go listen to them.

Oh yea, and I have to move my room still. I'm going to go up on Monday to do some. They keep bugging me about it. Of course there is no air on yet. I will have to do it in the afternoon since my blinds are being installed that morning.

I would like another month off!!!!!! I told my friend, next summer we are going to go some place. Doesn't matter if it's to Fort Worth so we can do nothing.

I can't wait to see my mom and dad. Daddy is doing very well. I'll post once I see for my self.

Tammy
08-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Susan, the band director wouldn't have a chance if you and Tina showed up!! lol I also think you should take another month off. I'll write you a note and let them know that you won't be there. Let us know how things are with your parents.

auntie
08-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Thank you for writing me the note!!!! I know that will work out just fine. Maybe I'll just tell my students that they have another month off :)

I'm so tired!!! I think I'm getting too old to be out until 4 in morning. I went to see Pat's band and had a great time but it sure is a long night.

Tammy
08-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Susan, glad my note will be helpful!!! LOL to being old. There is no way I could stay up that late!

Tina, that's nice to say your sister is nuts in a nice way! I"m sure she'd appreciate that. I've had several teachers ask me about subbing, but I really don't know if I want to this year. I might sometime in the future though.

We're taking the rest of Tim's stuff over today since he can move into his real room. He is staying very positive about the position he'll be in. The director asked him again yesterday about possibly playing xylophone in the sideline section. There are 2 other guys doing that. Tim had considered giving it a try until last night when he found out that those other 2 guys dropped band! If he'd do it, he'd be the only one out there. I know he won't do it now. Oh well.

I got weighed this morning because I knew I had been so good all weekend. Apparently I wasn't that good because the scales are still the same. Doesn't seem fair, does it? lol

Hope you all have a great day!!

auntie
08-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Hi,
Well it's going to be a nice 105 today. Yesterday was 104. I think summer came!!!!

My blinds are up!! YEA!!!!!!!! They look nice. I can't believe that we have lived here 10 years and I'm just now putting them up in the front window.

Well Tina, I think your sister is a nut too!!! :) I won't be teaching at 69.

Tammy, I wouldn't sub this year either. :)

Well I'm off to school to start moving my things. I'm going to box stuff up and chunk it in the new room and that's it. I'll worry about the rest when we have to go back.

Oh fyi, my sisters are nuts too!!!

Tammy
08-13-2007, 03:21 PM
I think I'm glad I don't live in Texas! That's way too hot for me! Hooray for the blinds being up!! When do you have to go back to school? I don't have any sisters, but my brothers are both nuts.

auntie
08-13-2007, 09:39 PM
I go back next Monday. I spent ALL day moving stuff from my room to the other. The other teacher had not moved her stuff out yet. Luckily some of my friends helped. I met Pat for lunch and we walked to this store and he bought me some earrings. I think it's a "I'm sorry you have to go back to work present." Tomorrow, I have a workshop, endocrinologist appt. and then off to San Antonio.

So I'll be posting from there.

Chanty1483
08-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Hi Everyone! Welcome Dori!!

I've been bad ladies. Summer has got the best of me, I'm drinking like a fish and couldn't be happier about it. lol I will get back on track one of these days, I promise. I realized that its been almost a month since I posted. Sorry about that. Didn't exactly feel worthy, given my status (on hiatus) right now. lol

We haven't left for France yet. We booked our tickets and everything. We're flying out of Detroit on Saturday October 27th. We fly from Detroit to Toronto, then Toronto to London, then we take the train through the chunnel to France. I'm excited, but I'll be honest, I'm not a good flyer. I'm already a little anxiety ridden over the idea of being on a plane for so long, not to mention how many different planes we'll be travelling on. Anyway, I guess I'll just have to suck it up.

Thanks for remembering me eventhough I have neglected you! It stops now, promise!

How's everyone else doing??

Tammy
08-14-2007, 10:03 PM
Susan, I was always glad to have help in the classroom at the beginning of the school year. Wow! Pat can buy me something if he wants to.

Chantal, I think we've all had some ups and downs staying OP this summer. When I fly, I always take Dramamine ( a couple of them) before the flight. It helps me relax. Might be worth a try. My brother, SIL, and niece just returned from England. They had a wonderful time. My SIL and niece took about 2000 pictures between them on their digital cameras. They didn't get that many developed though.

Bob and I are going away for a couple of days. It seems like we are always going somewhere. I think I like retirement!!!!

Tina
08-14-2007, 10:22 PM
I just wrote a long post and now it's all gone.
Chantal, I'm so glad you are back with us. Don't be too hard on yourself!!!!
Susan, I'd love to see those earrings.

Tammy, have a great time because you deserve it.
I wish I was going to enjoy our trip this weekend.
I am feeling some better.

Tina
08-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Grrr..... For the past few days, every time I come here, I have to sign in again. That's really strange and disgusting because I never remember my password and have to look it up somewhere.
Oh well,
I'm ready for some cool weather!!!!!
There's a disturbance in the Gulf and we should get some rain tonight and tomorrow. Yea! Our gardens and grass are croaking.

I've been drinking water and trying to watch points.

Tammy
08-16-2007, 09:09 PM
We weren't planning to come home today, but Bob wasn't feeling the best. He thought he'd feel better being miserable at home instead of a hotel. I hope I don't get whatever it is.

Tina, I had to sign in a few times recently too. Wonder what's up? Cooler weather would be nice. It's hot enough in Ohio, so I can imagine how it is in Texas.

I've been drinking water, journaling, and walking. Maybe I'll get to move my butterfly. I didn't weigh this morning since we weren't home. I'll weigh in the morning.

Tina
08-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Evening,
Tammy, I'm sorry Bob isn't feeling good. I understand wanting to be home when not feeling good.
I am finally feeling a little better.

Hope everyone is doing good.

Tammy
08-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Tina, I always say that Mexican food cures everything. I mentioned that to Bob today, and I swear his face turned more pale than it already was. I am so mean!!

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better!!!

Tina
08-21-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm baaack!!! We've been away in North Carolina for 4 days. I am so tired. After flying and having to make a stop with a layover, we had to rent a car and drive 4 hours to the coast to a tiny town where my bil lives. He's not well at all.
Now I'm back and am on program, with a vengence! :)

Tammy
08-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Welcome back Tina!! I've missed you and many others!!! You have to be tired after your trip. Get some rest!!! I'm sorry to hear about your bil. He'll be in my prayers.

I've been doing ok lately. Not enough to move the butterfly every day, but ok.

Tina
08-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Hi,
I'm not expecting my fish to be swimming forward any time soon. :(
We stayed in a bed & breakfast. This was the nicest lady. She also was a great cook and outdid herself at every breakfast. I kept telling her that she was making me gain weight. She said that I could starve when I got home. :lol:

How is everyone out there???????

Susan, how is school?
Maureen, it's been way too long since you posted.

Sis, how are you???? Please post!

Tina

Ladybug2680
08-22-2007, 07:33 PM
Well ladies, it's been a while since I've posted. This month hasn't been well at all. I fell off the wagon big time and I'm trying my hardest to get back on. Let's just say it's not working. I keep telling myself tomorrow I'll start and I don't. However, I'm going on a cruise in October so I have to lose some of it. I figure that's a good motivator. I haven't weighed in for 2 weeks because I'm afraid to see the gain. With that said I plan on going in tomorrow, jumping on the scales and facing the music. It won't be pretty because I know I've gained and it's also TOM. :(

Tina
08-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Dori, I like your determination. You can do this!!!!! I know you can!
Take little steps each day. Instead of thinking about starting tomorrow--start today! Like I said, do something small.
Drink one more glass of water. Or
Eat one piece of fruit. Or
Walk for 10 minutes. Or
Write down what you ate for breakfast--no matter what it was. ;)
I hope this helps a little.

Tammy
08-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Tina, I forgot about the bed and breakfast! It looked so nice when I pulled it up.

Dori, you can do it!! That cruise would be such a motivation!!

I like Tina's way of thinking. Just small changes.

auntie
08-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Hi,
Well, officially back in school! I hate all of the meetings this week. We get one day to work in our rooms. Tomorrow is the day we get to do that. I also have several meetings that I have to go to. My room is so small!!!!

I'm tired!!!! I don't like this working stuff. I would much rather be at home playing!!

Mom and Dad are doing pretty good. They seem to be getting stronger. Dad's therapy is going good. Mom just needs to eat. I certainly don't have that problem. Oh, they got a kitty while I was there. It is so cute!!!!

Glad ya'll are both home safe!!

Tammy
08-24-2007, 07:27 AM
Susan, boo hiss to being back in school. I always hated those meetings too! Sorry about your small room! The year I taught 4th grade, I had 27 students in the smallest classroom in the building. I still think the Twit (old principal) did that on purpose. I saw him at the fair last night, and I wanted to go up and hit him just because!!!

I think you should stay home and play instead of going to school!!! Glad to hear that your parents are getting stronger. Wish your mom would eat though. Neat about the kitty!!

Tina
08-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Hi,
I agree with Tammy about going back to school, Susan.

Tammy, did that principal see you? Probably not.

Larry gets to have an MRI next week. He has a pinched nerve in his neck that's giving him trouble. They've done x-rays but that's not enough, naturally.
Has anyone ever had an MRI????? I wonder how long it takes.

It's so hot and I need to drink more water. Yuck!!! :lol:

Tammy
08-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Tina, I'm not sure if he saw me or not. Melissa didn't think he did. I've had at least 3 MRI's. Allow at least 30 minutes. Will it be an open or closed one? I don't like closed spaces, and the only ones near here were the closed ones. My doctor prescribed something to relax me before I went. The technicians put a cloth across my face to help. They also let me choose the radio station that I wanted to listen to!! It is very loud, at least these were. It sounds like jack hammers going off around you.

I've been drinking lots and lots of water. Even at the fair last night I drank water instead of diet pepsi. That's rare for me. The heat is helping me to drink more, that's for sure.

Tina
08-24-2007, 11:54 AM
The MRI is closed. They asked him if he was claustrophobic. He's never had the "opportunity" to know. He told them that he'd start screaming if he was. Funny man!

Tammy
08-24-2007, 05:14 PM
I can't remember the medicine they gave me before the MRI, but I'm really glad that I had it. If Larry has any doubts at all, take something first!!!! Once they slide you in, it would be very hard to get out of there.

auntie
08-24-2007, 09:54 PM
I had an MRI when I was pregnant. It was a closed one. They never gave me anything to relax but I know that they had someone on call if I needed it. It was about 45 minutes for mine. I started to go in the machine and I said "Wait, I need to come out." I had to switch my arm position. I remember that it was a LONG TIME!!!! If I had to go much longer I was going to need drugs.

We were suppose to work in our rooms today, well we had 2 meetings that lasted until 10 and I was suppose to have another one at 1:30 and I skipped it. I still don't have everything done but who cares. :) I'll go in early on Monday and the kids can help me with the rest!!

I hope Larry gets to feeling better!!!

Oh, I'd much rather play!!!!!!

Ladybug2680
08-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Well ladies I weighed in. I have officially gained over 5 lbs since the last weigh in. However, I jumped back on the wagon and started again today. Everything was going well until the afternoon time. I must find something to do to keep my hands busy instead of eating like a crazed lunatic.

Susan, sorry to hear about you having to go back to school and your small room. My first year of teaching I had to share a room. Both of the teachers gave me a small corner to call my own. I wasn't impressed. We have been back in since July 24. Students first day was July 30. I'm already drained and still have quite a ways to go. :)

auntie
08-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Dori,
You poor thing starting back July 24. This is the first year that we've started this late. The state mandated a start date of Aug. 27 for kids, which we got a little longer summer. It also means that we don't get as many days off during the year. BOO!!!

I know you are tired. It seems like it takes about 6 weeks to get going again.

Tammy
08-25-2007, 07:57 AM
Susan, good for you for skipping that meeting. They get out of hand sometimes, don't they?

Dori, you'll be back and cracking in no time!! Is your district on year round school? Just wondered with that start date. The schools here start this coming week. Others in the area started this past Monday.

Tina
08-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Can you believe, this is the last week of August.
Does anyone have any sage advice???
Just asking. :lol:

Tammy
08-27-2007, 11:02 AM
I just need to keep journaling and drinking the water. I want to keep moving my butterfly!!!! I can't believe August is almost over. It was a busy month. Bob's birthday is Sept. 22. He'll be 60. I'd like to do something special, but when I suggest something, he nixes the idea. No party, that's for sure.

Tammy
08-28-2007, 09:19 PM
Where is everyone?? I don't really have anything to say, but I was checking in. Tim didn't plan to come home this weekend, but now he is. His computer is having problems, so he's coming home to take it to his computer guru, my nephew. lol He works for Dell. Tim doesn't have classes on Monday, but he has to go back on Sunday night because he has to work at 7:00. Bob and I are going over on Thursday for the football game, then we're staying all night. We'll get with Tim after the game and grab something to eat. We're thinking IHOP since it's right next door to the Super 8 where we are staying.

auntie
08-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Hi,

Well school is off with a bang! My 3 girls are so excited about being back at school. I've missed them a bunch. We are all getting use to our smaller room.

It is hard to believe that September begins at the end of the week. Where does time go????? It seems to fly by!

Tina
08-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Hi, I went to a new gyn today. This one seems to know something! I've been having a problem for a month now! This medicine is supposed to work in 5 days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Larry has his MRI tomorrow afternoon. Think about us, please.
If I can ever get back to exercising, I'll lose some weight.

Tammy
08-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Susan, glad that you and the girls are back and getting used to the smaller room. You get so attached to students especially having them for more than a year.

Tina, I hope the medicine cures whatever is bothering you. We just changed family doctors, and I haven't been to the new one yet. I wrote a letter to the old one to explain why we were changing. I was pretty honest about how upset I have been about the diabetes and cholesterol that he has harped on me about, but yet he never mentions the arthritis and fibromyagia. I told him that I can't afford to go have all of the tests run every three months to keep getting the same (decent) results. I go to church with the guy, and I thought about just cornering him in church and blasting him. Didn't think that would be nice though.

How did the MRI go???

My TOM finally started a month late. I am having terrible cramps and flooding. I am afraid to leave the house! The only good thing about it is maybe it will help the pounds start moving off of me. I can only hope!!

Tina
08-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Hi,
Susan, glad you are having a good start to school.
Tammy, I'm glad Tim is enjoying school so far!

Maureen, girl, you must post sometime.
Sis, how is it up in your area?????

The MRI---what a weird thing. This afternoon, Larry remembered that as a child he got a sliver of metal shoved into one finger. It's still there.
So no MRI. They told him to put his hand in the machine (It wasn't turned on yet.). Before he got very close, his hand jumped toward the machine. Larry thought that piece of metal was going to come out of his finger.:o
He jumped back just in time.
He will have to call his doctor tomorrow and tell her what happened.:dizzy:

I'm still feeling better after just one treatment of medicine. (It's an infection that my gyn couldn't detect, even though the other one found it easily.)
Tammy, I'm not going back to this doctor, either. My ob/gyn retired and I've just been going to this one since he was next door to mine. Nope not anymore.

Tammy
08-31-2007, 06:15 PM
With no MRI, what happens next??? Isn't it frustrating with doctors? I want one to be perfect. lol

Tomorrow is September!!!!!!! Hard to believe.

Tina
08-31-2007, 08:23 PM
Larry's doctor was just astonished about no MRI. Duh! :dizzy:
So, there were two choices. He could start a regimen of physical theraphy or have a CT scan where they inject dye into the spine! Can you guess which one Larry is doing! Yep, he starts PT next Wednesday. It's for 4-6 weeks. I'm praying this helps.

Tammy, aren't you supposed to be going to a game some time soon?

Susan, how is school? You must be exhausted.

Sis, how are you? Maureen, where are you?
Chantal, I'll be you are excited about your Paris trip.

Tammy
08-31-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm with Larry on the PT!!! We went to the game last night. Miami (my alma mater) beat Ball State by 1 point in the last 30 seconds of the game. Both teams played rather awful. We went out to eat afterwards. Tim should be home any time. He is getting computer help this weekend from my nephew if they ever set a time to get together. I think a couple of night's sleep in his own bed will help him get some rest. Last night he looked exhausted. I know he is busy with classes and the manager thing with the band, plus his allergies have kicked into high gear this week.

No big plans for the weekend except to spend some time with Tim. He goes back Sunday.

Anyone else have big plans?

Little Sis
08-31-2007, 08:55 PM
Well Ladies, I have missed ya'll!!!!!

I know I have been MIA too long. I'm sorry.

My life has had many changes the last couple of months. My baby started school 2 weeks ago and now I am home alone for the first time since Rob and I got married. Being a stay at home Mom with no kids in the house is a strange feeling.

So I have found a new hobby... ME!

I am at the gym 5 days a week, gone back to WW and finally starting to see changes. Which feels really good for the first time in 15 years. I 'm not going to let the "depression monster" get me down. I am focused on me.

Sue and I have decided when we lose, 25 lbs. we are going on a girls vacation. The only time I go away is on Girl Scout Campouts - just isn't the same. Sue, no you can not where your Brownie outfit to pick up guys. ;)

Well it is movie night with the kids, so I better go in a watch with them, or they will watch Spongebob all night.

Tina
08-31-2007, 09:50 PM
Amy, is that really you!!! :) It's so good to hear from you.
You go girl....spending time on yourself is wonderful. I'm for that.
Enjoy movie night!

Tammy, I'm sure Tim will get some good sleep and good cooking while he's home.

auntie
09-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Wow, Tootsie you do log on the computer!!!! I am very proud of you for working so hard on yourself. You DESERVE it!!!! I'm ready for the trip too!!! :D Darn, no Brownie uniform!

Tina, I hope you are feeling better! I still can't believe that they couldn't do Larry's MRI. I sure hope the PT helps!

Tammy, how are you doing? You are the most ON THE GO person!!! :) Do you miss school? You can always come sub for me.

As for me, I'm totally exhausted! Starting school is hard. I have also decided to try something new. I am trying Nutrisystems. I broke down and ordered it the other day. The food is pretty good and I eat veggies, fruits and dairy products throughout the day. I even get a dessert. I told Amy, I was going to try it for 2 months and see what happens. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. We are going to grill steaks tonight. Yum.... I can't wait.

Tina
09-01-2007, 03:46 PM
We have a new thread. Do not post here, go there. ;)