Old 08-02-2007, 01:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Default A Question?

This may not be the right place to post this but have any of you ever gotten rashes underneath your breasts on/off? I keep getting them, more in summer, and I don't exactly know why. I know whenever I'd hardly eaten and lost weight I got less of them, but when I eat something like greasy foods all the time and gain I get them more. I do have a pretty big bust - DD's. I don't want to have to get a breast reduction seeing as they tell you to lose weight before they do anything anyway, so they may shrink anyway, but I wish it were easier to lose weight, it's so damn easy giving into temptations and acting on them rather than backing away, especially when you got alot of problems and stress in your life eating away at you.
JellyBean32882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

I don't know from personal experience because I never really got the great boobs that so many heavy women get, but I think heat rashes and sometimes yeast problems are pretty common in those types of areas, especially in the summer. Just not enough air circulation, I think.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:18 AM   #3  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

One day, I decided to put deodorant under my breasts, as I had the exact same problem. I have no idea why, but it works. I've been rash free for years now.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

It could be a heat rash, or a skin fungus. Try a benadryl cream first and if that doesn't clear it up then try a cream that is supposed to treat athlete's foot. My hubby got a weird rash once all over his chest and arms and back of his neck and then he tried some cream to treat athlete's foot and go figure it worked! I get heat rashes since I'm almost a DD too.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:16 AM   #5  
Heeey Nursie!

S/C/G: 283.4/See Ticker/130

Height: 5' 0"

As a DD I have had the problem also. It is caused by the moisture and heat in skin folds. This "rash" can happen in any skin fold that isn't kept clean and dry. The deodarant works the same way it works in the underarm... by keeping the area dry. You can use any antifungal cream/powder, not just one for athelete's foot. Make sure you clean the area regularly, wiping off any old cream/powder before applying new.

Carol
Gildana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:50 AM   #6  

Well, I've been using dermarest Psoriasis cream, it says it's a medicated moisturizer (has salicyclic acid 2% in it too), it works to treat under my boobs but I have to put it on daily and when I put it on over rashes it stings but afterwards it feels much better. Seeing as it doesn't itch, I don't think benedryl will do anything, tried that, and I do have medicated powder but that never worked either because my boobs would sweat under there that it makes the powder look like flour when it's a little wet. And seeing as I got like a big shiny spot under my boobs from these rashes now, it kinda sucks.

At one point I went to my dermatologist and they prescribed me some cream that started with an "E". I forgot what it's called, and that really did me no good.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

I've had the same problem. If it's just red and even w/some pimples/boils it's probably a heat rash. If you notice a whitish discharge and/or if the area smells it's probably some type of yeast infection and would need treated w/yeast infection cream.

Normally I but deodarant EVERYWHERE there is a skin fold (armpits, under belly, breasts. . .) and it really helps prevent any of these outbreaks.
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:32 AM   #8  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

You might need a better bra that lifts the breasts off that area. In addition, you should change your bra daily while your'e dealing with this.

Finally, a great thing to treat rashes? Diaper rash cream. I have had one c/s, and even though the scar is over two years old, I have the apron and at times during the summer, it gets too hot and sweaty and I get a little rash. And, I discovered that it clears it right up. And, it's soothing going on.
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:47 AM   #9  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Yes I have had this. You can go to Walmart and get a generic anti-fungal cream and rub some on there after your bath. That will clear it up usually.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #10  

The thing is, I don't have the money to go out and buy creams and powders.. I stick to the cheapest solutions, just like with dieting, which I don't go on any diet that requires spending money on every month or year.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:36 AM   #11  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I've had the same problem, and found that it responds well to soap and water every morning and evening, and drying well. If I am really hot and sweaty all day, I do use diaper cream. It's relatively cheap. Certainly less than 10% of what I would have spent on a good binge in the past and I'm worth not having sores under my boobs. That's on my priority list in the "health" category. I do not consider it a luxury, any more than I do soap or deodorant or shampoo.
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 02:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I have a great cheap solution (recommended by a dermatologist, who says she always suggests the cheapest solution, before having a patient try anything expensive). It cleared up not only the dermatitis rash on my face, but also my red cheeks (that I always thought was rosacia), dandruff, back acne, boob rash, and inner thigh rash. I don't get boils or cysts or pimples anymore either. And it's the cheapest, simplest beauty and bathing regime I've ever had - only one product.

I buy the cheapest dandruff shampoo I can find with zinc pyrithione in it (the zinc compound is the key ingredient because it kills bacteria and fungus), and use to wash face, hair, and body. It's the only soap/shampoo I use. I just bought a bottle of 2 in 1 (conditioning shampoo) at a Dollar General for $2.
The Walmart and Walgreen's versions are even cheaper, and the Walgreen's often has 2 for 1 or other discounts. I prefer the 2 in 1, so I don't have to buy additional conditioner, or body lotion. (Hair conditioner and body lotion often have similar ingredients. My mom used to buy a humongous bottle of conditioner/body lotion from a beauty supply store, and shampoo in a big gallon bottle, so I understand buying economy.)

I do also buy the cheapest zinc oxide cream I can find (usually a generic diaper rash cream) for extreme flare ups, but I rarely have to use it. I know I paid less than $2 for the cream, and it lasts FOREVER. It's really great on razor burn, and sore spots from elastic rubbing during hot weather.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:00 AM   #13  

hmm, zinc oxide sounds familiar, i think that was in the cream that the dermatologist gave me a couple years back (eucerin i think), and that's funny you mention red cheeks cause i get that all the time, mostly from eating italian food or anything red, LOL..
Old 08-03-2007, 09:34 AM   #14  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

kaplods - Great tip - I'll have to give that a try on my chest area!!

Thanks!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:01 AM   #15  
What's this button do?

S/C/G: 323/282/150

Height: 5'6"

I agree—that's a great tip, Colleen!

What has been working for me (but I'm going to get some of that shampoo and try that out sometime) is putting baby powder under my breasts after I shower. Goes along the same "keep it dry" principle, I guess!

She may need a better bra...but I have DDs myself and I make sure to wear the most supportive bras imaginable. I think even if a bra has great support, it often still doesn't put a "cloth barrier" right at the spot where the curve of the bottom of the breast meets the skin.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote