Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies #25

View Full Version : Home of the Loozing Floozies #25

4myloves
08-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate, support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!
Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!

:hug::hug:

gdeann
08-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Little baby Deward is just over 8 weeks old! I would say he was a cute little thing...but I'm not sure...he kinda resembles....hmmm Cheryl, did you sleep with a frog???? {{{Grins}}} Here in a few weeks he is going to be a cute little bugger.

I'm staying 100% on plan! Hard to believe even for me. Today was day 24 with nothing illegal passing my lips. I am feeling good and my clothes are getting looser. For me, this is the best plan ever, I have no major hunger and the cravings are minimal.

SuzyMc
08-02-2007, 07:50 AM
I guess I have missed something somewhere Gayle...have you changed plans? What are you doing differently? Come on...share your secrets!

coles
08-02-2007, 07:52 AM
Good for you Gayle 24 days. I have a new plan I am going to try to lose 1 pound a week. I think I won't be so overwhelmed and even if it takes a year I will get where I want to be. Baby Steps!

gdeann
08-02-2007, 08:44 AM
I order pizza out every night girls...... you wanna know the secret????
I throw away the pizza and eat the box!! LOL! Don't you all get tired of my humor????
Actually, I am eating low carb, low fat, low calorie...Atkins on a diet basically. I tried Atkins a few years ago, but couldn't wrap my mind around eating so much fat and so many calories. I can't believe just within a few days I had no cravings. Once I reach maintenance, I can start adding fruits, WW pasta, rice etc. I know this plan wouldn't work for many, but for me, I'm loving it!

alinnell
08-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Gayle~your plan sounds a lot like the Kimkin's plan. It's like a low fat version of Atkins. My DH's aunt is doing it and it's working for her, too (but she has way more to lose than you--I'd be surprised if she weighs less than 400).

My plan seems to be working as well. I'm still above ticker weight at 145.5 (I'm going to move my ticker tomorrow to whatever the scale says--I'm sure it will still be up, though). I made it through yesterday without alcohol! That (as you know) is a big hurdle for me. I love my wine! As long as it isn't in the house, I'm fine. There are tons of other liquors in the house and I can leave them alone most of the time.

Everyone have a great day!

gdeann
08-03-2007, 12:14 AM
Allison, I am on about day 28 or so without alcohol or wine. Miracles do happen. I'm like you, I can leave the liquor alone but the wine keeps calling my name. You guessed it, I'm doing ******* too.

Well, my money this week is going for a new windshield replacement. Somehow I ended up with a crack in it. Never fails, there is always something.

I hope everyone is having a great week!

ShelleyM
08-03-2007, 05:54 AM
Gayle-Good for you staying OP! I'm proud of you!

gdeann
08-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Down 2 more pounds today. I will stall for 4-5 days, then drop a pound or two. Must be my body trying to adjust or it just isn't wanting to give up the "fluff" it's use to. LOL!
Thanks Shelley, I'm proud of myself too... this is the first time in forever I have been able to stay on plan...day 26 for me. Most days in the past, I couldn't have even made it until noon.

Lynneye
08-03-2007, 05:34 PM
I have been so off program it isn't funny. I am going to give myself another week and then I am getting serious. School ended this week, so I am finally free! No more tests to grade for a month!! I need the break. I am really burned out this summer.
This coming week, Rob and I are heading to Salem Mass for vacation. Going to go to Boston one day and walk the Freedom Trail. May take a day trip up to Maine, but no real plans.

As I said, as soon as I get home from vacation, I am back on the diet and serious this time. Will be looking for lots of hints!

ShelleyM
08-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Debbi-Enjoy your time off!

Gayle-Yay on the 2 lbs lost!! Keep it up!

I'm afraid to WI tomorrow. Even though I have been doing well, my weight is showing back up some. We'll see.

gdeann
08-03-2007, 07:42 PM
GOOD LUCK SHELLEY WITH WEIGH-IN! Do you think it is the heat & water retention?

Debbi, the trip sounds exciting!

ShelleyM
08-04-2007, 09:47 AM
Gayle-I think my foot injections have something to do with the slow down of weight loss. I was up 1lb :(

gdeann
08-04-2007, 02:15 PM
If it is like a steroid Shelley, then probably so. Do you drink water? Maybe if you up your water, it will help flush some of it from your system. Just a thought.

gdeann
08-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Just found this on the web:

Consumers should not eat certain brands of French-cut green beans because of concerns they could be tainted with the toxin that causes botulism, U.S. health officials warned on Friday.
The FDA said the affected Lakeside French-cut green beans are sold nationwide under the brands Albertson's, Happy Harvest, Best Choice, Food Club, Bogopa, Valu Time, Hill Country Fare, HEB, Laura Lynn, Kroger, No Name, North Pride, Shop N Save, Shoppers Valu, Schnucks, Cub Foods, Dierbergs, Flavorite, IGA, Best Choice and Thrifty Maid.

The warning applies to cans with the following codes:

EAA5247, EAA5257, EAA5267, EAA5277, EAB5247, EAB5257, ECA5207,

ECA5217, ECA5227, ECA5297, ECB5207, ECB5217, ECB5227, ECB5307.

Consumers who have the products should dispose of them immediately, the FDA said.

Botulism symptoms include dizziness, double vision, difficulty in breathing and abdominal problems. People with those symptoms who may have eaten the recalled green beans should seek immediate medical attention, the FDA said.

ShelleyM
08-05-2007, 07:30 AM
Gayle-Thanks for the info. Now that I track all my water you know where, I drink 8 cups per day!

Deelite
08-06-2007, 01:59 PM
26587 The Newly Weds

26588 My baby all grown up.

26589 Our new family.

26590 Proud parents.

26591 Our twin niece and nephew (ring bearer and flower girl)

Click on for larger picture...

gdeann
08-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Gorgeous family Dee! I can't get over how much Jason looks like his dad. I wish I could of seen a closer shot of Dez, she looks more like you? Ashley is a beautiful bride and the wedding looked lovely. Now you can relax and take it easy. BTW: You are one hot mama! I hope I look even half as good as you at Liz's wedding.

I can't believe how slow it is here. We seem to slow down during the Summer months, but this seems worse then usual. I hope our group isn't dwindling away.

I am staying the same weight but my clothes feel looser. I'm trying to not let my mind over react when I keep seeing the same number on the scale for days. I know deep down if I stay with the plan, I will lose weight. It's just depressing to not see a change on the scale.

How is our preggo chickie???

4myloves
08-07-2007, 08:54 AM
Is it considered fair for the mother of the groom to be more beautiful than the bride?

4myloves
08-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Oh--Gayle, my "frog" is turning into a real baby!!

gdeann
08-07-2007, 09:15 AM
Yep!!! He's looking like a baby now Cheryl! Guess you didn't sleep with a frog after all! LOL! How are you feeling? Are you wanting to know the sex of the baby if you have the opportunity?

Deelite
08-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Cheryl lol you are too funny. I did feel like a Princess that day. My girlfriend said that I was the pretties one there. Isn't that a "good friend"
That little thing is getting to be bigger, it won't be long you won't only be feeling gas pains.

Gayle hang in there the scale is going to go down. I know that you will look great for the wedding. What did you think of my dress. I just loved it. I couldn't believe that it was the first dress I tried on and I only tried on five and one of the others was a different color of the one I bought.

It is going to be another busy week. We are having a dinner party for our group that meets once a month at each others house. There are eight of us. I am going to do a clam bake and peach cobbler. Not sure what I will do for appetizers yet but I think I will also make a tomato bisque and some homemade bread. What do you ladies think I should have with this?

gdeann
08-07-2007, 05:40 PM
How about a shrimp appetizer Dee?
I LOVED your dress! Was it a cocoa brown? That is a very "IN" color here now. Looks great with teal or pink! Was Dez wearing red? Was she a bridesmaid? What were the colors in the wedding? See how nosey I am?? LOL!
Liz is going with black and white, the only color will be with the flowers of which will be a mixture of lavender/lilac and white. I couldn't believe how the flowers just "popped" when held up to a black background. I am making a balloon arch using black/white swirl agate balloons and this will be accented with some of the flowers too.
They say the average cost of a wedding is $20,000 - $30,000!!!! YIKES! There is no way we can afford that!

ShelleyM
08-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Dee-Gorgeous pictures! You must be so proud. Both you and Larry look wonderful and so happy! Thank you for sharing.

Gayle-I have to admit, I am posting so many places, that I tend to lose track of where I've been! I would never leave this group. We have all been together much too long and turned into such good friends over the years.

SuzyMc
08-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Dee ~ Thank you so much for posting the wedding photos! It looks like everything was just perfect!

Cheryl ~ I'm glad to hear that all is going well with you and baby!

Gayle ~ You're right...it has been really slow here and we need to get things moving again!

I decided that I really REALLY need to get serious about what I eat...and I really REALLY mean it! I got on the scale and was back up to 159 and I refuse to gain anymore weight! I signed up yesterday with a food tracker website (probably can't say the name here or post a link) but anyway I can track my calories and exercise and keep an online journal there, so maybe that will help by seeing it all spread out on my monitor. I can proudly say that I have been OP and sugar free for two days!

ShelleyM
08-08-2007, 05:54 AM
Suzy-You will do it!! We are here to help you.

gdeann
08-08-2007, 08:26 AM
Suzy, how tall are you?

SuzyMc
08-08-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm 5'5". My doctor tells me that I "carry my weight well"...all over as opposed to around the middle or in one certain area. That's little consolation though...I'm still overweight! :lol:

Deelite
08-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Gayle my dress was called cafe. What color are you going to wear? Dez wore red and no she wasn't in the bridal party. They wore a really deep purple. You are so creative, I am sure Liz is happy to have you help out. What is your new sil name? Jay and Ash's wedding took place at a very nice golf course a few blocks from home. The meal and the booze came out to be around $4000.

Shelley how has your depression been lately? Does Mike have a job? How are the girls doing? We sure have made some great friends here.

Suzy you are one heck of a motivator so lets hear it girl. I know that you can lose those extra pounds because you helped us lose it. How is your Dad doing?

Sherry how are you doing? You sure had a rough summer. I hope that you are feeling good and still dropping pounds.

Cheryl what is the day you are expecting? Your life will never be the same. Children are precious. It is hard to believe how much you can love them but until you are a parent you just don't understand.

Desiree's only means of transportation is biking. She doesn't drive or can't afford a bus pass. Yesterday her bike was stolen from work. There is a security guard watching out for them but I guess not that well. It was an expensive bike, it is going to be hard to replace. Larry has an old one here that she can ride until she can get a good deal on one.

Well my dinner is calling me. Have a good day.

gdeann
08-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Wishing Dez safe bike returns...maybe it will be found. I can't believe the nerve of people taking things. I am thinking I will wear a purple or violet dress since the flowers will be in lavender/lilac. I think both grandmothers on Liz's side will wear violet. Have you ever had a chiffon dress? I haven't, but for some reason a chiffon dress sounds nice. Her new flame is named Andrew, we call him Andy. He is a really good kid, he seems to fit right in. they will be getting married at one of the oldest churchs here in town, in fact, it is a church his Grandfather was a minister there for years until he passed.

Suzy, your taller then me by a few inches. I'm 5'3" stretching it. I noticed we are almost at the same current weight (you, 159...me, 160)... do you wanna have a challenge to see who reaches 145 (your goal weight) first?
Bring it on lit' lady!!!! Ha, ha!!

SuzyMc
08-08-2007, 08:24 PM
At the rate you are going Gayle you will be at your goal before I reach mine! :lol:

Let's try a "starter challenge" that everyone can get in on...how about the first one to lose 5 pounds wins? Of course everyone will win and the only prize is that there will be 5 pounds less of the winner, but it could still be a good motivator! We can weigh in tomorrow morning to start. Who's in?

Dee ~ My dad is holding his own and I hesitate to say it, but it almost seems as if he is doing better. I'll be spending the day with him tomorrow.

gdeann
08-08-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm in!!!! Unless my weight changes overnight, I will be starting at 160. I have been on a 6 day stall and watching every little bite that goes into my mouth. I hope the whoosh Fairy visits soon.

Treasure your time spent with your dad Suzy. Is he responsive? How is your mom doing? You said she worked, what kind of work does she do? It's probably good for her to get away from the home and think of other things.

ShelleyM
08-09-2007, 05:43 AM
Dee-I am sorry to hear about Dez's bike. I am afraid to leave mine anywhere, because there is no way at this point I would be able to replace it. Mine is parked in my house. No, Mike does not have a job. We are struggling terribly. He puts out resumes everyday online. The last one that was promising, the guy decided to keep the person he had (it was a jewelry repair position.) I can't believe everything that he can do, but can't find anything. Of course, there is so much he can't do because of his back. We are going to Tampa tomorrow to help Becky move out of her dorm. She will be staying for 2 weeks at my bro's house, then moving into an off campus apartment with 3 other roommates. Mike will have to go up at that time to help her because school will just be starting here when she moves in.

SuzyMc
08-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Gayle ~ Yes, my dad is responsive and quite lucid most of the time. The worst thing is that he is so weak that he can't do anything for himself. He is in bed most of the time and can only sit up for 5 or 10 minutes at a time.

Ok, the Loozing Floozies Take 5 Pounds Off First Challenge begins today! Anyone can join in at any time so jump in and join Gayle and me. Maintainers are welcome to join in and cheer us on! ;)

My starting weight is 158.2 :o

Deelite
08-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Suzy I knew you could call in the Troops and get them going. It is great to see you motivated.
It must be so hard for your Dad to be so weak, not only your Dad but your whole family. My prayers are sent out to him and your family. How long have your parents been married?

Shelley have you adjusted to Becky living away from home? How does she like it? It seems like it was just a few months ago that she moved out. Are her new room mates friends?
Is there a high unemployment rate in Florida? Some parts of Canada are crying out for help, they are even offering a $5000 sign up fee or a free trip.
I know that you must be struggling on your salary. I hope that he gets a job soon. It must be so depressing for both of you.

Gayle I haven't owned a chiffon a dress. Are you thinking of a gown or something shorter? Ashley's mom wore a eggplant gown. It was beautiful. It had only one shoulder and was very slimming. She is heavier in the butt and stomach area but it looked fantastic on her. I will see if I can get someone to help me post a pic. yeah I know I am pathetic I still don't know how to do it myself.
Andy sounds like a nice guy. I am happy for Liz and your family.
How is the business going? Are you making as much as at the Liquor store?

Janice where did you go? Did your pool swallow you up? We sure have had a wonderful summer.

Time to get on the road, I am going off to the store to pick up a few things for the dinner party.

Have a good one!

Lynneye
08-09-2007, 07:34 PM
I would like to join you, Suzy and Gayle, tomorrow. I am home from vacation and need to get myself back on track. I will weigh myself in the AM and readjust my ticker.

Had a great time on vacation, ate way to much! Enjoyed every minute. Went to Maine for the day, played in the ocean and wandered around Kennebunkport. Also went to Boston another day, walked the Freedom Trail and learned a ton of history. We did the trail on our own and got the really explore it. Was a great day. We were spending most of our time in Salem, and wandered there this AM before we heading home. Wandered in Salem just about every day. Really enjoyed this vacation.

SuzyMc
08-09-2007, 09:43 PM
OooRah Dee, we are going to lose this weight one way or another! I'm glad you are going to join in Debbi!

My mom and dad have been married for 31 years (my mom's second marriage...my dad adopted my sister and me and we adopted him too ;) ).

gdeann
08-10-2007, 12:09 AM
Eggplant is the shade I'm looking for Dee. Probably something knee length. I'm trying to decide on the style, it will be Winter here and we will probably have snow on the ground. I'm doing really well at the beauty shop. I have my weekly regulars which fill up two full days doing shampoo's & sets and then I fill in other days with perms, colors, manicures etc. I'm thinking I will offer a day before too long of just manicures, no hair. I can sit on my butt most of the day and draw a wage. The shop is doing well financially... so far I am purchasing inventory and paying a minium amount of a wage to myself. Each month I'm withholding an estimated amount for taxes. Now I need to go see the tax guy to see if I'm on the right track. Basically, I'm just paying myself what I was making at the liquor store until I know where I stand. PLUS I get to be my own boss!!! Well.... except for the 40+ elderly residents scooting around and lining this young whipper snapper out! LOL! They have no where to go, but by darn, they have to get their hair done NOW! LOL!

I'm in on the challenge! Holding at 160!

Deb, the trip sounded educational & fun! Glad to hear you had a great time, you deserve it! Happy your joining us on the challenge too!

Get a job prayers sent to Mike, Shelley. I know how hard we struggle here financially, so I can feel for you with only one income. Are you still trying to hold down the two positions? Don't stress too much, hopefully something will come around soon. Too bad Mike isn't here, we would of hired him to shingle the roof. We bit the big one and hired someone tonight to the fine tune of $4000.000...there goes my cruise...plus trying to save for a wedding... did I tell you, there goes my cruise... LOL!

Well, I need to go! I'll check in later!

ShelleyM
08-10-2007, 05:55 AM
Gayle-Wow, sorry about your roof. It seems you have had to replace so much in the house the last couple of years. Yes, I will be holding down the 2 positions. With the beginning of the year starting, it will be quite hectic for me. At this point, I don't care. We need $$$ badly. Anybody want to buy a 1975 Harley? We are trying to sell it (it was willed to Mike from his brother that passed away a few years ago.) He is so sad to have to sell it, but we need to. It's a gorgeous bike. If you know any bikers, please pass it on. I have pictures I can send anyone. He is asking $10,000.00 OBO.

4myloves
08-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Do I need to create a sticky for y'all's challenge?

If so, any special guidelines, etc. I need to post?

Deelite
08-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Debbi aren't vacations great? It sounds like you enjoyed your trip. I am glad that you took on the challenge of losing five pounds.

Shelley can I come out for a test drive? Man to feel that rumble between the legs! At least that is what I heard!

Suzy that is nice that your Dad adopted you and your sister. He sounds like a nice man. Challenge on my girl!

Gayle I am glad that you are doing well with the business. It is nice to know that you are your own boss and I am sure those little ladies keep you in line!
When is the wedding again? Eggplant is such a beautiful color, it is so rich.
When you own a home it is one thing after another. This fall we are going to redo our tiny little bathroom. No kidding when you sit on the biffy my knees touch the tub and I am only 5 feet. In old homes they never left room for luxury. It is our main bathroom so there isn't much to do but a tub surround replace the walls, sink, floor, and reglaze the tub. We are going to put in a bowl sink and use cherry colored wood.

Cheryl how are you feeling these days? I hope the morning sickness has left you.

Geez I am not getting anything done for the dinner party. I better run.

Lynneye
08-10-2007, 12:06 PM
I have to change my ticker and I am embarrassed. I know some of it is vacation, but I am upset, so I am more than ready for the challenge!

Shelley, hoping Mike finds something soon.

Gayle, those old ladies really keep you in line don't they? They sound like so much fun!

Dee, good luck with the remodel! I am so glad we are done with ours. Do have one more room but it is waiting for a bit. It is the spare bedroom, so not real important to us to get it done immediately. Can let the bank account refill some first!

Cheryl, hope every thing is going well.

Where is everyone else? How is everyone else doing?

gdeann
08-10-2007, 03:33 PM
The boyfriend of Elizabeth's Matron of Honor was killed this morning in an auto accident. We still don't know the details. Please say a quick prayer for him and his family.

Lynneye
08-10-2007, 03:42 PM
How horrible! I will keep them in my prayers as well as you and Elizabeth!

SuzyMc
08-10-2007, 04:40 PM
That's awful Gayle! They are all in my prayers...God be with them!

ShelleyM
08-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Gayle-Prayers to them all. That is so tragic.

Deelite
08-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Gayle I am sorry to hear such a tragedy has happened. My prayers are with your family and your friends. There is a God, he will not forsaken you. He had a bigger plan that we may not understand but we need to trust in him. God be with you.

SuzyMc
08-12-2007, 08:37 AM
We got some great news this week! Travis got his re-enlistment package and he and DIL will be going to Cherry Point, NC in February! I am so excited that I can hardly stand it! North Carolina seems like right next door compared to California. You can be sure that as soon as they get moved that we will be hitting the road for North Carolina! 6 months and counting!

gdeann
08-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Congrats Suzy! It will be so nice having Travis & family closer! Where is her family from?

So sad about the accident, he was on his way to work, fell asleep and crossed the center line. He hit head on with a huge cattle hauler. Amanda wanted to go to the scene later that evening and her father took her. Even though enforcment cleaned up, she found blood covered CD's, parts of the car and a letter he was writing to her. Poor girl, she has had a rough childhood and now this. Horrible to face at the young age of 20. A lady living nearby said it split the car in half. Such a tragic loss of a young life. His family is about two hours away, so now I am going to be worrying all that day about Liz traveling for the funeral.

I take mom for her annual heart check early Monday so I won't be checking in. We should be back home by early evening.

Drum roll please.... I am down 1 pound on the challenge! HOOO-RAH!!
I am in the 150's! Haven't seen that number on the scale in years!

ShelleyM
08-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Yay, Gayle on the lb. lost.

So tragic about the young man. Kids seem to think they are invincible nowadays, and able to be up all hours.

Yay, Suzy on Travis moving closer to home. That's such exciting news for you!

Lynneye
08-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Such a tragic accident. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone at this time

I am down two pounds this morning on the challenge! Guess exercising, eating a salad for lunch, really helps!

Suzy, what great news!

ShelleyM
08-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Woohoo, Debbie!

gdeann
08-12-2007, 12:55 PM
GREAT JOB DEBBI! Keep up the great work!

SuzyMc
08-12-2007, 03:58 PM
WOW! What a little motivation won't do for this group of Floozies! We are all on a roll now! Let's keep going! :carrot:

Gayle, such a horrible accident! My heart really goes out to Amanda.

My DIL is from here as well. She and Travis started dating the first year of high school.

4myloves
08-13-2007, 08:59 AM
Please Stop!!

A new thread has been started!!!