Old 08-01-2007, 06:44 AM   #1  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat, 8/01/07

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNER NANNERS! You just stop w/the thinking that you weren't good company @ lunch. NONSENSE. Hanna, you just don't see the bright ring of light around you...everyone else does. Even w/all your seemingly insurmountable challenges, you continue to exude happiness and support. I've never seen anything like it before in my life. I strongly believe there are angels among us...and they are the last to know their purpose. You were dropped down baby guuurl...to show us all how to live life. Don't for a second think you're not wonderful-let us be the judges of that. It's pretty amazing how your illiminous spirit radiates so strongly to be felt by all of us through posts on a computer. I think if we were meeting up w/ya in person we'd either all have to invest in a case of Ray-Bans, or we'd go Stevie Wonder on ya! LOVE YOU!

Joan: How are you my little cinnamon sprinkled deep fried ice cream served on a chocolate dipped waffle cone? How's the house?

Big John: WAAAAZZZZ UPPPP? My dryer still smells funky once in awhile...I think the thingy needs to be cleaned by thingy cleaning people...even though there is only one user and the dryer is only like a year old and the hose is super short-it only has about 3 feet to reach the outside vent (slab house, so it's on the main floor).

Lauren: Hey mama-what's shakin'? Shake it like a salt shaker diva! I posted more bulletins on myspace...I KNOW how you love those! Hey, and guess what? I FINALLY GOT INTERNET @ HOME! Yeehaw! I'm also getting a bed this upcoming weekend! I know that sounds really dumb to be excited about...but for the past 5 years I have slept on my futon (made up as a bed) because back then I was really struggling and had to sell my bed for money...so yeah, I'm pretty jazzed about that....since I think part of my sleeping issues come from sleeping on, basically 1/2 a mattress. Ya know? And part of healing from the disaster of hypothyroidism is going to be getting recouperative sleep! I also treated myself to cable! I know, aren't I a nut??? I haven't had but 2 channels that come in and another 2 that sort of came in...in like 3 years-and I only had it then because our apt. bldg. was so small that the dish guy let several of us split a bill and counted the apts. like rooms-so we only had one hook up fee, etc.

GG: Hey XE mama! I miss you...where are the new hair pics???

Alicia: You are soooo sweet! All-she told me to hurry up back to the thread...basically to spice up the day....I think what she meant was, hurry back so we can assure ourselves that you are still nutty as ever! Yup, I checked...nutty as ever...though more almondy vs. peanuty. LOL

Christina: Thanks for sending out my message yesterday! Everyone-this woman is SUCH an inspiration! If you haven't picked up on that yet-know it now. Love you guurl! BTW, Lauren, Christina actually posts more bulletins than me!!!

Sheila: Hello my favorite phreak in the world of plain vanilla!

Lisa: How's it goin' sunshine?

Ken: Yo yo yo, what is up tho?

Roo-m-for-us-in your heart: Hey chicken! LOL...Just pickin' on u! I know, you missed me...don't try to deny it....I keep sayin', like a bad rash mama told you not to catch, I keep comin' back over and over...no cream will help ya dawg!

Kerri: Nice weather for riding eh? How are you?

Vicki/Karen K./Vanessa/Michelle/Michelle B. (if you're still around)/Tiff/Kerry/Kirsten/Clover/4Me/EVERYONE else: Gooten Morgun...ok, I KNOW that is not how you spell it, butcha new what I was meanin' right???

ALL: Sorry, havin' a tough time with the thyroid meds again. I feel loads better on the new type....but I've been very tired again....I just tried to fool myself into thinking that I wasn't. So, I tested on Friday and the results were back on Monday....TSH was @ a 33! Double digits! For those that don't know, the acceptable range, when your thyroid is working or your meds are working, is .27-4.5. So, I'm about 8x in the red, as it were, for energy. I told the dr. that I didn't understand how I could feel this much better when my levels are worse than ever! The worst they were before I went on medication is 9.3!!!! But then last night it dawned on me....in order for my body to compete with my new active lifestyle of working out again and dieting, the thyroid is having to really work on overdrive (which before it didn't because I could barely walk across the living room let alone run for a couple miles).....and thus, the levels are super depleted & TSH goes sky high! We decided (dr. & I) that we finally have the right meds for me...just not @ all the right dose...because he really skimped on it when we switched over from Synthroid..since my levels then were wayyyyyy tooooo looooow...even though I felt crappy. So, we (me, myself and I) are on a double dose and I get blood drawn yet again in another 2 months. Ya'all know how much I love that eh? NOT! But get this....I called the supervisor @ the hospital, and I actually get to request the phlebotomist (sp?) that I never have problems with!!! I love that kid...he f'in rocks! Oh, but I am 11 pounds down!!! (I gained 4 oz. from yesterday as I went to Qdoba for lunch w/my friend Rich-totally platonic- & had the steak quesadilla instead of the low fat option of a naked burrito). Hummmph! Still keeping to my under 30 grams of fat per day, 60-80 grams of protein per day, 4 small meals per day and over 100 oz. of water per day...calories fluctuate right now from between 900-1,100. So, I'm sticking with it...and though I haven't been into the gym in over a week, I am running outside about 5 nights per week!

BTW, no dates lined up! Boo hoo me... I am supposed to be doing lunch w/Sean this afternoon but though he emailed me last night on myspace, he didn't mention it....I'm kind of hoping not because I just want to chill in the sun today before hitting the gym...I don't really feel like driving 1/2 hour just for a 45 minute lunch break while he's working! The guy I'm really interested in, well I think I screwed that up. I sent him a few moody text messages that kind of freaked him out...thyroid..this (Beaver) DAM thyroid disorder and my mood swings...not sure he's going to understand. Why, WHY does something always happen..mostly my doing...to ruin a potentially great thing when it comes to relationships? Pretty soon I'm going to forget how to...er, um...DO...IT! I'm not so sure it's like riding a bike..that you just get back on and get ride like the wind...I tried jumping rope the other day...I can't do it. Seriously, I kept tripping on the rope and flying into the couch. Moran, that should be my new nickname-Not MO, but MO-Ran! LOL

Ok lovely muffins and studrockets (do we have more than the three I know about?)...time to make the donuts.... Actually, I took my Armour an hour ago and I'm starving...time for breakfast...and my treat....a pepsi! Still no mt. dew (that was a comment for Lisa and GG)!

Love you and still lurking (like Rooburger), MO

Last edited by mjoste; 08-01-2007 at 07:49 AM.
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:17 AM   #2  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Roo: Great to hear from you. sorry to hear about the trouble with the meds my mom went through that for about 4 years until they got her dose right. Although she isn't aggressive with her doc either so I think she might have had it accomplished way sooner had she been. You hang in there girl friend.........

As for me my sis is wanting to throw me a birthday party! I told her give me a break I am going to be hmmm 36 ish NO!. So sunday I am going to do something. I literally hate family get togethers just always have. I don't enjoy them at all. There is always some one being Cranky Pants. I am totally used to kids being cranky I hate seeing adults cranky.....One more week before I take vacation...............Can't wait...
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:25 AM   #3  
Kalamazoo Girl

Sheila: I'm assuming you meant me and not Roo in your post, so I'll say thanks for the support! LOL Yeah, well keep in mind that I've already been suffering with this friggin' thing for 3 years...so I can't take too much credit...because it was only in the past 3 months that I started getting on him to change the course of action! He's a good guy though, so I really can't entirely blame him for this mess.

You're only going to be 36? YOUNGIN'!!! But I feel ya totally on the ole' family get together and bday pahtees, etc. But screw it-go with it! You deserve someone throwing you a party, girl....things have been rough for awhile now for you!

Hey, I'm on vacation right now...and I gotta tell ya, best thing for me...I was really needing to get the heck outta dodge last week! I finally have a week of mahvelous weather....since on my last vacation this year (mid April) we literally had a blizzard smack dab in the middle of the week and it was freezing cold the rest of the time! This week I've got high 80s and the humidity isn't too bad, which makes for nice deck relaxing weather!

ENJOY your vacation babe! Just keep remembering: You ARE deserving of spoiling and you WILL have that again because well, YOU DESERVE IT! So there! Hummph!

We CANNOT be the only 2 divas up and around. WHERE IS EVERYONE? Get the heck up and out of bed and get moving ladies & rockstars! LET'S GO! Up and at 'um!

Let's get in some quick squats while watchin' the Today Show, let's throw in a couple of leg lifts while walking with the baby...let's hit the floor for some crunches. Don't moan & groan @ me! And don't tell me...I need my coffee first! Uhunh....nooo way! Even it it's just 10 calf raises @ your desk @ work, let's all commit to just 10 reps of something! As soon as you read this, just do it! Hey, I'm here walkin' the walk while I'm talkin' the talk...so if Big Mama Dimply Butt (me) can do it....you all can too!

This is a team effort 10 rep chain letter type thang. I'll start. I'm going to get up right here right now and do 10 squats. Ok, done-I did deep squats, weight free, holding for a count of 5 on each one! WHO'S NEXT AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING? I know, it's sounds silly...but just try it this once everyone, please...

COME ON EVERYBODY! GO GO GO! MO

Last edited by mjoste; 08-01-2007 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

youooohoooo..i'm hear...just a quick hi before i have to dart off to work. I'm so happy this am...last week since DH got the shocker of high cholesterol, we started eating unbelievably healthy...and i feel great....but even better...i DROPPED 3 LBS in a week. WOOOHOOOO!. I'll get down there eventually.

Happy b-day hanna - hang in there girl. Give the therapy and meds some time for DS. I know its hard. Have you been to see your therapist like you were going to? I agree with mo...you still are one of the most upbeat ppl in this chat...well next to mo....i think i give mo the most chipper award...but maybe that's because she always mentions food LMAO
tiffany - i would suggest talking to your local animal control ppl and seeing the rules in your area. Some areas you can't have a dog on a chain. You can also tell them he gets dagerously clost to the road which would then classify him as a dangerous animal...or just cross to the other side. I would bring a bat or a large walking stick with me. Trust me..i love animals...but i would kick the crap out of a dog if it attacked my dog or myself. Vicious dogs shouldn't be allows. As for big dogs...mines a 75 lb mutt and shes sweet as can be (everyone thinks she looks like she might be rottweiler, but shes a lab mixed with a Plott hound).
mo - i will post pics tonight...sorry with the move i haven't downloaded them.
alright guys i just realized i'm really late for work...
hey to everyone else i missed.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:46 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin'!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNA!!!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:08 AM   #6  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning all. It looks to be a beautiful day here in NJ. I think we will have some outside time this morning. Every time we go out every mosquito within 5 miles attacks Cassie. I have to spray her down before we go out. One got her in the car yesterday. Poor baby girl.

Aunt Flo is still here whipping my behind but I think it's finally getting better. I'm wiped out energy wise tho. It takes a lot of effort to do anything.

MO: Good to see you back here and so vibrant. Glad that you are enjoying your vacation.

GG: Yay on the loss! Whoohoo. Keep up the good eatin and exercise.

OK, off to play outside!

KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:32 AM   #7  

Just A Quick Hello

Happy Birthday Hanna!....

You Share This Day With My Dominic...today Is His Birthday...he Is 16...i Have Been Up All Night Upset Cause They Wont Let Me See Him Today...i Just Cant Believe It

Mo Thanks For The Kind Words..youre Wonderful

To All Others Else..have A Great Day!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:57 AM   #8  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Happy Birthday Hanna

Yes melinda I had a brain fart sorry for putting Roo. anyway thanks for the lift of motivation I am there with ya! I am so glad you are enjoying your vacation. Meet any hot guys yet?
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:02 AM   #9  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Good morning everyone,

Sorry for not posting the past couple of days...things have been crazy round here. I just took on a new task with work and it's very time consuming, but keeps me busy, busy, busy.

I'm still stalled at 206...can't seem to get below that. Perhaps I need to drop my calories for a couple of days or a week and then up them to 1500 again.

Happy Birthday Hanna, I hope you have a wonderful day.

MO, good for you for getting all those nice amenities (internet/cable/a bed!) You deserve to spoil yourself a little. I hope the meds/thyroid get worked out soon so you can feel as good physically as you do mentally.

Hope everyone else is doing really well. Have a great day!

Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:48 AM   #10  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

happy birthday hanna
MO i got up and did 10 jumping jacks at work everyone thought i was crazy LOL
just doing a fly by i'll get all my shot out's in later
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:59 AM   #11  
Kalamazoo Girl

THANK YOU MICHELLE!!!! Whoo HOO!!!! Ok everyone...the chain "letter" work out of 10 reps continues...with who???? I did it, Michelle did it...u can too! MO
Old 08-01-2007, 12:27 PM   #12  

X

Last edited by elmuyloco5; 03-26-2008 at 01:58 PM.
elmuyloco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/ST/140

Good morning all. I guess tonights walk will include a ball bat, sure beats hubbies suggestion of a gun for heavens sake
Will the exercise drama never end HA!
One good thing if he chases us you can bet I will lose more weight from the running
Hope everyone is have a great hump day!! We can make it until Friday!
TRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

good morning!

Melinda you are the best! thank you for that great post, I appreciate it!

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Today I was planning on sleeping in, NOT, my little yorkie decided today I am not sleeping in, barking and jumping on/off my bed and licking my face who runs the house???? So we went for a long walk already, it felt great!
My frined Gaby called, she thought I was going to be in bed still, she says to me chop chop chop, time to get up, and here I am thinking I wish I was still in bed, so I am getting ready to go out for breakfast, she wants to take me out for my birthday. DH left me a beautiful card and roses, I have no idea how he got the roses already, they were not here last night, but they are beautiful! RED roses.

Melinda I am so glad you got internet at home, I don't know how could you sleep on a futon, those things hurt my back, not to mention I couldn't even get any rest on them. What kind of matters did you get? I hope your meds get all udner control!

GG congratulations on the loss!!! yaeh!!! isn't it amazing how different feel when you eat healthy?

Tamara don't work to hard!

Lauren any news on the jobs?

Karen I hate mosquitos or anything with the power of fly! take care of yourself and the baby. Call the Dr. and find out what is going on, Aunt flo has been visitin you for to long.

Lisa how are you? are working like crazy?

Roo don't make me come and get you! we miss you

Michelle keep the jumping jacks up!!!

Sheila I don't like family get togethers either, have a good day! I think of you all the time.

I will try to be back later, I have to go meet the coordinator at the hosptial at 12:30 I don't know if I am coming back home or just staying south to see Sean later today, it is a 35 mile drive, I hate it. Thank you all, and I love you all!!!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:54 PM   #15  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

WELCOME KATRINA this is a great place to be
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote