Support Groups - Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks! August 2007!!!

Jasmine31
07-31-2007, 05:41 PM
What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

We can do this!! Everyone is welcome to join!

Jasmine31
07-31-2007, 05:52 PM
Okay well I am all revved up! I lost 5 last month and I KNOW if I had stuck to my cal limit I could of lost more but oh well, I will take the 5. ;)

I changed my tickers and am all geared up! Who is with me! If i really kick myself in the pants I can lose 11 and be down to 199 by the end of the month!

Canuk4
07-31-2007, 07:03 PM
Why hello everyone, so good to hear from some of our ladies who have been MIA. I am home from the cottage this week as dh is helping out a friend at the hockey arena and acting as convenor for four days. We will also be home for the long weekend as our son is celebrating his birthday at the cottage (which he owns half of, for those who don't know) and I decided, since his girlfriend is extremely moody and will be there, and as well his friends and lots of booze, home is the place for me.

So I welcome Pita to our group as well as lodyangel.

Believe it or not I weighed in today and was down three pounds, I was thrilled. Considering I have not been exercising very much, bad knee and arm. Food I have been trying to be careful, looks like I am doing not too bad, water was good yesterday, coming along today.

This month I would like to lose 7-10 lbs. use my walking tape every day, get my water up to what it should be and even get some bike riding in. And last but not least, eat more fruits and veggies.

Jasmine you did fabulous with your walking, (read about the insult, some people just are not up on things and express themselves when they should not), anyhow great going and congrats on the loss. I am sure if you put your mind to it and don't get to stressed (re X and the likes) you will be down to 199 by the end of the month.

My weight today was 219.2, hopefully it will be down again by the end of the week, if I can shake my booty!

By the way, my daughter is now getting married here in our home town and having approx. 90 people. That was a bit of a shock, considering she always wanted to get married down South and it be small!!!! Like 8 people max. Oh well, I am just along for the ride.

Please anyone who prays, say a prayer for my aunt, she just had a quadruple by-pass today. She was only short of breath 3 times and healthy as a horse as far as we knew. It was a shocker, now we just have to pray it will all be okay, so we can use all the prays we can get for a very special Aunt Doris.

Till later, take care all. Miafluker doing great with the baby weight, keep it up.

Sharon S.

stopeating
07-31-2007, 09:36 PM
Hi everyone! I too have been MIA. I haven't weighed myself in months, but my clothes are pretty tight. I should weigh myself but what usually happens is I get really depressed and just give up. My best results were when I put the scales away for 2 months. I didn't see the fluctuation and it was so much easier. I lost like 12 pounds and it was awesome!

I've really kicked it into gear the last 4 days. I've been walking a min. of 3 miles each day and eating a low calorie diet. I have a goal of 1 million steps by the end of summer. I am almost to 700,000 so that is good. They put a gym in my work. I've only worked out once but I love the option. I'd rather stay after work then change and get sweaty in the middle of the day.

I also take those Alli pills as well. I was researching liposuction the other day, I just get so bummed.

Well I read the last months post. Thanks for the invite Jasmine. I've missed you guys. I need to keep myself accountable!:)

lodyangel
08-01-2007, 09:46 AM
It’s back to work today for me! :( I am so bummed. I set my alarm for 7:00 and hit the snooze until 7:20. I got up and did 20 miutes of Denise austin and 29 minutes of yoga. I had planned on doing 35 minutes of Denise, but after hitting the snooze so many times, I don’t have the time. I will get it in tonight after work I guess. I’m not updating my ticker until after I get all my workout in, I guess sometime tonight. I’ll post it in the morning.

I weighed in at 220 this morning! :( I guess since TOM is here I will not be having a loss this week. I guess I should be happy that I am maintaining instead of gaining. Oh well, It will be better next week. Tomorrow i have a training so it will be up with me at about 6:00 to get my workout in. Sheesh! This is gonna be tough!

DS1 is 16 today! I just can’t believe it. My baby is almost all grown up! And I am getting so old! It has been 16 years since I was 17. (Yes, I had DS1 at 17.) Gosh I hate getting old! I’d like to be 20 forever.

Dolly that is awesome that you are still working out and even running some while pregnant! Keep it up!

Canuk congrats on the loss.

Stopeating...700,000 steps is awesome! I know you can make your goal.

Well I am off to my day.
-------------------------------

Jasmine31
08-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Canuk4:

We will also be home for the long weekend as our son is celebrating his birthday at the cottage

So glad you will be home!!! Come by here more often. He better clean up any mess. ;)

Well when I was flipping thru the old threads grabbing names to pm(so I could try not to miss anyone), I kept seeing you over and over again worried about me and thinking about me wishing me the best, even though I was gone alot. That is so sweet. (I did see some of that when I swung by previously.)

You never gave up on me and knew I would return. Thanx for being there!!!! That is so sweet! :hug:

Believe it or not I weighed in today and was down three pounds, I was thrilled. Considering I have not been exercising very much, bad knee and arm. Food I have been trying to be careful, looks like I am doing not too bad, water was good yesterday, coming along today.

That is great hun!!!! Change your profile and ticker!!

Jasmine you did fabulous with your walking, (read about the insult, some people just are not up on things and express themselves when they should not), anyhow great going and congrats on the loss. I am sure if you put your mind to it and don't get to stressed (re X and the likes) you will be down to 199 by the end of the month.

*takes a bow* :D

By the way, my daughter is now getting married here in our home town and having approx. 90 people. That was a bit of a shock, considering she always wanted to get married down South and it be small!!!! Like 8 people max. Oh well, I am just along for the ride.

Well thank goodness no Mexico!!

Please anyone who prays, say a prayer for my aunt,

I am praying!!

stopeating:

Hi everyone! I too have been MIA. I haven't weighed myself in months, but my clothes are pretty tight. I should weigh myself but what usually happens is I get really depressed and just give up. My best results were when I put the scales away for 2 months. I didn't see the fluctuation and it was so much easier. I lost like 12 pounds and it was awesome!

I did that when I was 15. I was about 220 and eventually got to 160! I weighed infrequently, I remember hitting 185 and being a size 14, then hitting 162 and being a 12 in jeans(which is probably a 10! lol)

You can measure yourself too! WTG!!!! You are doing great!!!

I've really kicked it into gear the last 4 days. I've been walking a min. of 3 miles each day and eating a low calorie diet. I have a goal of 1 million steps by the end of summer. I am almost to 700,000 so that is good.

That is awesome!!! Keep it up!!!!

They put a gym in my work. I've only worked out once but I love the option. I'd rather stay after work then change and get sweaty in the middle of the day.

Try 2 days a week to start.

I also take those Alli pills as well. I was researching liposuction the other day, I just get so bummed.

Be careful taking any pills hun! Pills are foreigners to our bodys and most are toxic and may have extreme side effects!!

Well I read the last months post. Thanks for the invite Jasmine. I've missed you guys. I need to keep myself accountable!

I missed you to and glad you are back!

lodyangel:

t’s back to work today for me! I am so bummed. I set my alarm for 7:00 and hit the snooze until 7:20. I got up and did 20 miutes of Denise austin and 29 minutes of yoga. I had planned on doing 35 minutes of Denise, but after hitting the snooze so many times, I don’t have the time. I will get it in tonight after work I guess. I’m not updating my ticker until after I get all my workout in, I guess sometime tonight. I’ll post it in the morning.

Yeah you getting up and exercising!!! Weigh in the a.m. , that is usually the lower reading. ;)

I weighed in at 220 this morning! I guess since TOM is here I will not be having a loss this week. I guess I should be happy that I am maintaining instead of gaining. Oh well, It will be better next week. Tomorrow i have a training so it will be up with me at about 6:00 to get my workout in. Sheesh! This is gonna be tough!

I seen a sig once it said, being fat is tough, losing is tough, maintaining is tough, cHOOSE YOUR TOUGH!!!

:lol: You are doing great!

DS1 is 16 today! I just can’t believe it. My baby is almost all grown up! And I am getting so old! It has been 16 years since I was 17. (Yes, I had DS1 at 17.) Gosh I hate getting old! I’d like to be 20 forever.

If you were 20 forever you would be dead. Lets just work on growing old gracefully. Remember we will always be younger than someone and we can do our best to look our best.

My eldest dd is 14.5. ugghhhh

Well I did weigh this a.m. It says 210.5! Not bad after all those bd days. I got back on track with food yesterday and came in at 1871 cals, still on the high side but my maintenace cals with 90 minutes walking is 3051. The day before I was at 2702! Yeah, NOT good!

So I sat here last nite and decided that if I walk:

5 days at 90 minutes (3051 cals for maintenance)
1 day at 60 minutes (2767 cals for maintenance)
1 day at rest (2207 cals for maintenance)
= 20,229 cals for a week/ 7 = maintenance-7000 cals for 2 pounds lost= 13,229 cals for the week divided by 7 days = 1890 cals

So basically ON PAPER Of I walk 90 minutes 5 days a week, 1 day at 60 and 1 day at rest and eat an average of 1890 calories, I should still lose 2 pounds a week. :D

But then I reminded myself, that is NOT the problem. The problem is not I am hungry and need a few 100 more a day. Most the time I have NO problem doing 1600-1700 cals. The days when I am "binging" it seems like no amount of cals is sufficient and I just want to keep eating and eating.....KWIM?
1890 is not going to cut it. I was at 2700 the other day and felt like I still could of ate more! Ugghhhh

The culprit? Color me silly but I was having diet 7 up all weekend!!! I normally try to limit soda to once a week, even diet. And when I start hitting the bottle it seems like my appetite goes crazy and I am not really hungry but just feel like eating! I made a huge pitcher of green tea last nite and there is no more diet soda so lets see how I do today. *sigh*

Jasmine31
08-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Well while we are doing imaginary numbers

= 20,229 cals for a week/7 = maintenance-10500 cals SO I CAN LOSE 3 POUNDS a week= 9729 cals for the week divided by 7 days = 1390 cals

Hmmmnnn...intriguing. SO if I do all that walking, stick to 1390 calories a day I can lose 3 pounds a week! Does that sound safe to anyone? I wouldn't mind trying but I am scared I would plateau. Then what? :(

Jasmine31
08-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Does anyone want to try a 1400 calorie day week with me?

It SEEMS like I would be fine. I remember back when I was doing court stuff in June, I fell from 220-214, lost 6 pounds in a week! (now maybe 1-2 could of been water retention but who knows) Now I know normally 6 pounds is NOT healthy and I would never STRIVE for that. But 3, for me, given this formula, is safe. IMO. Cause I am burning alot more walking so much. 1400 cals is safe.

The point is I lost the 6 pounds, I think I gained 1 back and started the month at 215. Then lost 5 more. So its not like I lost it and gained it all back once eating went back to a little more normal. At the end of the dauy it is cals in/cals out and it seems to me that if i lose on 1400, as long as I don't go over maintenance I won't gain it back.

I think i will try this for a week. I am kind of mad at myself for walking SOOOO much and only losing 5 pounds! This may be a great way to jump start thge month and I really do want to be in wonderland soon!!

Jasmine31
08-01-2007, 11:17 AM
(Besides maybe if I strive for 1400, and fall short and hit 1700, I will be right on target!) hahahahahahahahaha

tmaria
08-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Hello and thanks Jasmine for the invite. I would love to join your group.

My goal for this month is to get my eating back on track - healthier-all of the time instead of 2-3 days a week. Also, to excercise more....I'm only doing 3 days a week (with a personal trainer) I need to get more cardio in. I am gonna keep track of it...usually if I write down something - I do better.

Anyway thanks for opening your arms to me.

little about me-40 yrs old, live in so. AL, married, one son 15 1/2, work 8-5 for a car dealership-sit behind a desk ALL DAY. Just moved and have not got house organized yet-I'm a procrastonator..... Love God, Life, Family and Friends...basically thats it - wanna know anything else - just ask.

Have a great day everyone,

Tina

Jasmine31
08-01-2007, 01:02 PM
TMAria

Hi! So glad to have you. :) Have you tried cal counting before? For me I TRY to follow a whole foods lifestyle with some cal counting thrown in. That works best cause I can still over eat on whole foods. lol

I am gonna keep track of it...usually if I write down something - I do better.

Some of the ladies at 3fc use fitday.com, it is FREE and you can customize your own foods and just click and add to daily calories. Like my brown spanish rice, I can add up all the cals and ingredients etc and formulate it to my specifications and voila, next time all I do is click, Moms brown spanish rice and its all there. It also keeps track of percentages like carbs/proteins/fats so you can adjust. Sometimes I may plan a day and then I will say, oh fat is too high, I can adjust, add a different food, take off a food, smaller portion, etc.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Have you thought of walking on your lunch hour?

Jasmine31
08-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Okay so here is the plan for the day. I already walked my 90 minutes for the day. Yeah I know, no fruit. I usually eat a TON but am getting low. Need to get more.

6 Coffeemate mini tubs
1 cup Kefir Cult. Milk Smoothie Prob.Bberry
32 oz Coffee, made from ground, regular, flavored
1 Romeros Soft Taco Size Flour Tortillas
.50 cup Beans, pinto, mature seeds, cooked, boiled, without salt
1 oz Cheese, mozzarella, whole milk
.50 medium Tomatoes, raw
.12 cup diced Onions, mature, raw
.95 cup Chicken, breast, with or without bone, roasted, skin not eaten
1 cup Mom's Brown Spanish Rice
1/4 cup Walnuts
1 cup Broccoli, cooked, from frozen, fat not added in cooking
1 Centrum Vitamins
1/2 cup cauliflower, cooked, from frozen, fat not added in cooking

1400 calories on the dot ;)

31% fat/43% carbs/26% protein

Oh and lots of green tea, no sugar!

Now lets see if I can stick to it! ;)

stopeating
08-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Hello! Okay we went out to eat tonight and I did awesome! I was nervous but they had chicken cabob. It had 3 pieces of boneless white meat chicken, green peppers, fresh mushrooms, and onions laid on white rice and corn. It was sooooo good and really healthy. I could eat that more times per week!;)

I got my 10,000 steps in today. It's 96 degrees here so I didn't try to run. I didn't want to get discouraged. I will try the treadmill at work though (air conditioning!)

Jasmine I don't think 1400 calories is too low. I alsoway think of my low calorie diet in the same way, I aim for 1200 everyday knowing sometimes I get to 1500.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Canuk4
08-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Hi All, welcome to the newcomers!

I am just skipping in and out tonight, going to U.S. to look for bridal gowns for my daughter, up at 6 and leaving at 7:30pm. Got to bed this morning at 4:40am and up at noon, not enough sleep for me.

I am glad to see so many of our friends previously here, back, yipee!

Food today was lousy, one sandwich all day, had tomatoe on it and lean meat. Water was down even tho very warm out 95 degree's. Only exercise, was rushing here and there. Got a hair cut, not bad!!

Have a great day tomorrow ladies, go for the gusto.
Sharon S.

CrawlWalkRun
08-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Hi, everyone. I was invited over and hope I made it to the right place. I'd like to join in here. I definitely need support, but will give it too.

I quit smoking and had to do that first, before I lost the weight. I knew I couldn't smoke anymore and do the exercise required to lose weight ... or even be healthy.

So, I'm a non-smoker ready to start with some goals. Hope I've found the right place.

-Bee

Jasmine31
08-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Hey Crawl/walk/run! You are definately in the right place! Good to have you. :D

How long were you smoking for? That is awesome you quit!

Canuk4:

Have fun! I need a new hair cut too.

stopeating:

Hello! Okay we went out to eat tonight and I did awesome! I was nervous but they had chicken cabob. It had 3 pieces of boneless white meat chicken, green peppers, fresh mushrooms, and onions laid on white rice and corn. It was sooooo good and really healthy. I could eat that more times per week!

That sounds good!! Good job on the steps too! how does that translate into miles?

Jasmine I don't think 1400 calories is too low. I alsoway think of my low calorie diet in the same way, I aim for 1200 everyday knowing sometimes I get to 1500.

Thanks for the heads up. I figure it should be safe as they say no lower than 1200. *sigh*

Well I did my food like I said and was at 1400, then I also had a few baby carrots and was all proud of myself but then.....everyone wanted to watch a movie and I had that munchy feeling and next thing ya know....I had popcorn and some butter on it! arrrgggghhhhhh.....

I am going BIG food shopping on the 5th. I really need an air popper, but the good thing is my cals were at 1890, on track for the 2 pounds at least. ;0 I hope I can do the 1400 today!!

lodyangel
08-02-2007, 12:11 PM
I got outta work today. Ds1 had an ortho appointment an hour away and I asked my boss if I could just work from home instead of going in a half day. I would have had to drive 45 mins to work to work 2 hours and then drove 45 minutes home to pick up Ds1 and then drove an hour back to his ortho appointment. No thanks.

His birthday was good. I got him an ipod, a digital camera, some clothes, and some Left Behind: The Kids books. My Bf got him a new Bike, sisters got him CD's and movies and stuff he wanted. He was really happy. I am taking him to the mall to buy shoes and a backpack for school, then we will get something to eat and back home where I will have to work out as I have not yet done it today! I'll go run about 7:30-8:00.

I blew my food yesterday. I did good at lunch ate a subway club with no cheese or mayo, then blew it at Dinner with McDonald's (my son's pick) and ice cream and cake. I know I could have had a salad at McDonald's but my kid just turned 16... I have a right to celebrate ya know? (And I won't do it again anytime soon, I promise!) We registered for school yesterday for him too. He is gonna be a sophmore. Several of the teachers were like, "You look too young to be his mother." Well that's cause I am. I was 17 when I had him. At least they thought I was too young to be his mother. I went to the dentist with BF and a receptionist there thought I was his mother!!! Whatever, obviously that B*tch can't see! :lol:

Anyway, weighin this Am showed me down a pound...FINALLY! TOM must be releasing its grip. It's too probably too late to average a loss this week, but at least I know I am heading in the right direction for next week!
Welcome Bee! I love your name!

Jasmine...It sounds like you have the plan. Give me some of your planning. I could try 1400 calories with you, but not until next Monday...got a birthday party this weekend and i know that I will not be able to resist grilled burgers and ice cream and cake!

I didn't get all my workout in last night. After all the birthday festivities I was wore out. So tonight I am running, C25K workout and some walking. I do a few extra minutes to help make up for what I missed yesterday!

Stop eating...Congrats on your 10,000 steps. It was 93 here yesterday, and willbe 93 today. That's why I am waiting until 8:00 tonight to run. Too hot to do it this morning already!

Well, hugs to everyone! Have a great day!

Jasmine31
08-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Melody:

That is great you could work from home today! I seen in your profile you have 4 kids, did I mention I have 5? lol Even more we have in common. ;)

It sounds like he had a nice day. :D An i[pod would be handy. My walks are great but the last week before end of month I felt like I was dragging and getting bored. But then I decided to snag my sweetie's mp3 player! Yeah! Lots of fun now. lol

I know I could have had a salad at McDonald's but my kid just turned 16... I have a right to celebrate ya know? (And I won't do it again anytime soon, I promise!)

I would never go somewhere and order a salad either. If I were to have a salad, why not stay at home and do it! lol

One thing I have always done thruout these two years of slowly losing and learning new habits is eat out once a week. Burgers and fries, pizza, you name it. It has probably slowed me down a bit but I don't think so. It keeps me sane. If I told myself, no more, I would be eating like there is no tomorrow! What slows me down is when I have stress with the ex. When I start infulging in bad food and not walking. My months when I am on plan and even having the treat days I can still lose 7-10 pounds.

As long as I can tell myself once a week that is it and stick to it, I am fine!

Several of the teachers were like, "You look too young to be his mother." Well that's cause I am. I was 17 when I had him. At least they thought I was too young to be his mother. I went to the dentist with BF and a receptionist there thought I was his mother!!! Whatever, obviously that B*tch can't see!

I think I seen one of your pics on myspace and you do look cute! I had my eldest dd who is 14.5 when I was barely 18 for two weeks! lol

That receptionist sounds like a jealous shrew! Is your bf a cutie? Maybe she wants him. lol

I have been told online before that my dh is a hottie. That is why i need to lose this weight so we can be that "cute couple". Instead of people looking and thinking what is he doing with HER? hahahahahahah

Anyhow. I am super excited you want to do 1400 with me!!!

That will be alot more accountability then just throwing a number off to everyone and saying I am trying to do it. I do best when I challenge someone else.

Okay so here is the deal:

Give me some of your planning. I could try 1400 calories with you, but not until next Monday...got a birthday party this weekend and i know that I will not be able to resist grilled burgers and ice cream and cake!

That is fine and I understand completely!!! That reminds me that I need ONE day to go a bit crazy myself every week or I will go nuts and won't stay on it.
Can you imagine if we lost 3 pounds in one 7 day period how motivating that would be?

So I am going to crunch the numbers. This is the other deal, you are WAY taller than me!!! So I am going to run your numbers thru the womens health calculator and see what your "maintenance cals" should be. Cause I am thinking if you do 1400 cals with me, you may get one day of higher cals if you like and it would still balance out.

So i will be back in a few with that.

Next, I want you to read something. It is VERY motivating. Rockinrobin is a poster here and she has lost 155 pounds!!! in like 52 weeks! or less. I will look at her stats again. I remember in january her and I were both 206 and I pmed her to say well done etc and then stress hit and I was gone for months and when I came back she was like 150 or so and I was 220!!!

Anyways I pmed her for advice and to say hey and she told me I know what to do etc, just to do it and keep it up. She is right. I asked her how many cals and she said 1200. She is 5'0. This is the point I am getting too. In the past I was scared of going lower cals and then if I plateau then what? KWIM, but guess what,

9/04/06 - 287 lbs. 40 weeks later: 6/11/07 - 143 lbs. 1/2 my former self

That is her sig line, she has since lost 155 total but lets take 143 pounds and divide that by 9 months, guess how much she lost on average each month?

15.888888 pounds!!!!

That is insanely awesome! Ummm....where is the plateau???? Wait, there isn't one!

Obviously she is very strict and very disciplined. I know she has told me she does lots of veggies, lean protein, a little cereal, some fruit, she does stay away from potatoes, rice and bread. She started at 287 and is today at 132. Now I am not going to nix the whole grains. That is what worked for her.

SO what I am saying is if we stick to plan, we can lose too. Maybe not 16 pounds a month, but even that 3 pounds a week is doable on paper. We can do it.

I will be back I am going to run your numbers and then i am going to see what to do about a treat day for me. BRB

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112172

Jasmine31
08-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Oh Melody they break it down like this:

I put in your stats, 33, wants to be 155, 5'9, 219 now

Melody's Results (http://nutrition.about.com/library/bl_nutrition_need_results.htm?start=1&pounds_100=200&pounds_10=10&pounds=9&dpounds_100=100&dpounds_10=50&dpounds=5&years=NaN&inches=69&years=33&page=4)

So your "maintenance cals" are just a little more a day than mine. They are 2330. Mine is 2209. Now I know you are doing alot of running, i am not sure how that translates as in correlation to walking but I guess you can adjust that or keep doing what you are doing cause it is obviously working! lol

Anyhow, bottom line is if your running/miles is similiar to what i recommended for my walking/miles (I am doing 25.5 every 7 days) and you wanted to do the 1400 cals a day, on the 7th day you have an excess calorie alottment of 847 calories!

So basically if you want to do 1400 6 days a week because you are taller than me, one day you could have 2247 calories as a treat day. Or if you want to use it like weight watchers and consider it your free calorie allotment to do with as you please thruout the week! hahahahahaah

Jasmine31
08-02-2007, 02:37 PM
I think my treat day is going something like this.....coffee and a little fruit for breakfast. a BIG multivitamin, a bad lunch! and a piece of lettuce and a slice of tomato and lemon squeezed for dressing with a piece of brocolii for dinner.

hahahahahahahah Hey, I have to have my treat day dang it! That burger better be worth it. ;)

Jasmine31
08-02-2007, 02:45 PM
And when you said some of your planning, are you talking meal plans like the other one I posted?

I need to make one up for today too and it probably would help us to have some suggestions. One big thing I can say is LOTS o' beans! Very good for you and very filling. There are ways to tweak it too. Like that tortilla I had yesterday, 120 cals. If I get the ones from la tortilla factory(wheat) those are 50 cals. So i could have TWO for the price of one!

Last nite I had chicken, rice and veggies, if i had wanted to have that as tacos, I could of added 3 shells, 150 cals, taken out the walnuts I had earlier -162 cals. Or even with the coffee, I could do one 16 oz cup just fine. 3 minitubs of creamer = 90 cals, 2 cups of coffee = 180 cals!!! I could of shaved off 90 cals right there.

Jasmine31
08-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Todays Menu plan!!!

2 cups diced Cantaloupe (muskmelon), raw
5 Strawberries, raw
16oz Coffee, made from ground, regular
.50 cup Beans, pinto, mature seeds, cooked, boiled, without salt
1 Romeros Soft Taco Size Flour Tortillas 3
1 cup LF Kefir Cult. Milk Smoothie Prob.Bberry
3/4 cup Chicken, breast, with or without bone, roasted, skin not eaten
.50 cup Tomatoes, raw
.06 cup Onions, mature, raw
3 minitubs Hazelnut Creamer
1 cup Mom's Brown Spanish Rice(1 tbs of olive oil, 2 ~ 8 oz cans of tomato sauce, 1 onion, 1 bell pepper)
1 cup Broccoli, cooked, from frozen, fat not added in cooking
3 oz Romero's Corn Tortillas
.50 cup Cauliflower, cooked, from frozen, fat not added in cooking
7 Walnut halves
1 HUGE vitamin lol

= 1410 calories for the day 20% fat/56% carbs/24% protein

So I am out of cheese! :( Oh well, so I threw in a few walnuts. The fat% is 20 and usually I stick to 30 but yesterday wound up at 40% with added popcorn and butter so it evens out. ;)

I NEED TO STICK TO THIS TODAY!!! I WILL DO IT!!!

Well good news is remember that little .50 pound that had crept up on me? It is gone!!!!! Hooray! It is no where in sight! And my tummy is looking really flat! (Well as flat as a woman my height and weight can get :lol: )

I did my 90 minutes this a.m. and going to lose 11 pounds this month!!!

stopeating
08-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Hi everyone. Having a really lousy day. Nothing is going right. I almost have my 10,000 steps in though - it averages about 3.5 miles to get there. The air broke in the car today, kids are being monsters, the garage door just broke, etc.

Anyway think I'll go to bed and wait for tomorrow.

Jasmine31
08-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Awww I am sorry you are having a rotten day! Well done on the 3.5 miles!!!

We don't have a/c in the car either. Maybe it needs more freon?

Well I have an apt this a.m. 9:30-11:30 so I can't walk til maybe later tonite? :( Grrrrrr.......

Okay so I was not planning on yesterday being a treat day but I guess it came early. I blame it on those kids for asking!!! *chases them* hahahaah

I wound up at 2600 calories! Yeah I am mad at myself. Guess who had "diet orange soda" Yeah, no wonder. What is it with those diet drinks? Do they make any one else binge either.

Well Melody and I aren't officially starting our 1400 til next monday so I am good, just mad at myself. Lets see how today goes.

That is still 505 cals under maintenance with my walking 90 minutes so I should be okay. *sigh*

Jasmine31
08-03-2007, 11:29 AM
You know what. that is the thing, it is easier for me to walk alot then to eat less. Maybe I am better off walking 5 hours a day and eating alot more. :lol:

Rhighlan86
08-03-2007, 11:43 AM
:wave: Hello everyone! I am fairly new to this site and definately new to this forum, but I came across this challenege and thought it seemed like a fun group of people to try and get to goal with. A little about me, my name is Becky and I am a 21yr old senior at WVU. I'm so excited about graduating, but also so stressed about all the things I need to get done before next year (find grad schools). Last year though due to tons of classes, a car wreck that left me in a lot of pain, the marching band, and a job, I spread myself too thin and just grabbed whatever food I could get quickly and needless to say about 40lbs packed on. Now I'm going to get them off. Next year I'm going to be moving to a new place and a new school and probably will be teaching college freshman (it's a way to get my tuition paid for) and I wanna feel confident up there teaching these kids not worried about how I look cause heavens knows I'm already gonna be worried about being up there and speaking lol. So here goes.....

My August goals

Be able to touch my toes without pain(this is going to mean a lot of stretching and being diligent with physical therapy)

Yoga at least 2X a week

Walking/Cardio 3-4x a week

Stay within 1700 calories a day

Lose 10 lbs.

Also a big one for me, find a way to stay relaxed (when I get stressed I get very stressed and I have anxiety attacks, they are no fun and feel like my heart is going to explode, I had one last night over my long to do list and I want to stop it.)

The exercising is going to take a little work for me because I always tell myself that I don't have time to exercise, but I do. It's just a matter of getting up and going. So let's see if I can do it.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! :cheer2:

lodyangel
08-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Weighed in this morning at 217!!!! That is another pound down. I guess TOM is has relinquished its hold on me. With that wonderful number this morning that brought my weekly average to 218, which is a whole pound lower than last week. :) I'm happy! That makes me down 10 pounds!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Mom told me this morning..."You have really lost weight. You can really tell it today!" SSSSWWWWEEEETTTT! ;-P

I had planned to run last night, but after shopping with Ds1 I was so tired. I looked at my workout log and noticed I had yet to take a day off this week so I did nothing yesterday. The rest must have done my body good, because this morning I did my C25K workout and I kicked @ss! It was awesome! Nothing much hurt, and I felt sooo good! I changed my songs on my ipod and had put alot of old school rap on it. You have no idea how good it feels to run to "The Power" by Snap! Then when Tony Tone Toni sang "It feels good." I could have run all day! The only down portion of my run was right when I had finished the workout. It felt like I couldn't get enough air. For a few seconds I wondered if I was having an asthma attack. (Never had one before.) I have had shortness of breath before, but not quite like this. I put my arms on top of my head and walked and eventually it subsided. For good measure I used my Mom's inhaler when I got back home. It felt like the humididty was smothering me. When I got home and told mom she fussed at me about the air quality being bad and blah blah blah... I guess maybe I should check that sort of stuff before I run. I may have to pack an inhaler with me. Which is ridiculous. I already pack my ipod (for obvious reasons), my cellphone (for stop watch feature even thought the #'s are too small and for emergency's that may arise) and sometimes my regular stop watch (because it fits so nicely in my hand and you can easily read the numbers while you are bouncing down the road!) If I have to drag along and inhaler too I will have to wear a fanny pack! :lol:

So workout is outta the way. I will fix my challenge ticker and post it tomorrow. I am at work and it's easier to do when I am at home. Measurement day is tomorrow! I can't wait to see how many inches I have lost!

Welcome Becky! Glad you joined us!

Stopeating and Jasmine: No air in the car. :( I had a car with no air once and I swore I would never own another. Ds1 was a toddler and taking him the 10 minutes to town would burn him up! His cheeks would be so red! Ask around sometimes you can find someone to fix it for a little of nothing.

Jasmine: I honestly have no idea how many calories I eat now. I used to eat continuously. I have some stomach problems and I would eat the pain away. This summer while they were runnning tests on me I had to do a liquid diet for 24 hours and then the next day nothing to eat until my procedure. The doc had to do emergency surgery on someone else and didn't get to me until 3:30. It was about 6:00 when I got out of the hospital and got to eat. 42 hours with no solid food. Something broke in me that day. I realized that I did not have to eat constantly. SO I started my diet. At first I did a liquid diet all day and then ate whatever I wanted for Dinner. Then when i felt like I had some control I added back in lunch. Lunch is usually super light, like a veggie burger or a salad and Dinner is whatever I want. I usually try to be smart about it making sure to eat whole grains and lots of veggies. And have lost 10 pounds in a month. I started my diet a month tomorrow. I really feel like I am going to do it this time. This is the longest I have held on and been positive about it for sure.

Some days I only eat one meal. Like yesterday we went to Applebees and I ate half my meal and didn't eat anything else the rest of the day.

I am a binge eater. Once I start eating I can not stop. So this "plan" I have devised keeps me in check. There is no snacking on my plan. Just lunch and Dinner. If I snack I won't stop so why start? I don't eat breakfast either. I never have been much of a breakfast eater. I have found if I eat breakfast I tend to get hungry again quicker. Makes no sense whatsoever, but it's true...

Well ladies have a great day and if I don't see you here this weekend, have a great weekend too!

Ladiibbug
08-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Hi Everyone ~

I'm a 3FC newcomer and love the site. HHCC looks inviting to me ... may I join your group?

I've been serious about healthier eating, losing weight & getting fit since July 1. So far I've lost 10 lbs., enter every bite into Fit Day, and have been walking regularly.

I'm kinda overwhelmed, in a good way, at all the info I don't know about eating healthy ... I thought I pretty much knew the basics (tho I sure didn't follow it), but the more serious I get about this, the more I realize how much I don't know. Oh well, I'm eating much better & have said "bye bye!" to the numerous doughnuts & sweets I ate every day. Come to find out, maple bars & cinammon rolls are NOT part of the Grains Group ;). Huh! Who knew :D

This week end I'm driving my two walking routes to get the exact mileage, and want to set a distance goal per month like I've seen in many sigs here.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone :-)

CrawlWalkRun
08-04-2007, 09:37 AM
OK, great to be aboard. Sorry there was such a lapse in my posting.

I saw a question about how long I smoked. In total, for 21 years. Unbelievable, since I'm only 36. I have quit before-- for pregnancies, for about 3 and a half years once, but started back at it for no good reason. I never smoked indoors and I think that's what helped me this time.

Anyhow, do I post stats? Goals? Are these things tracked? I'm beginning Monday.

I want to begin slowly so I don't overdo it. I'm starting exercise on Monday (5 days a week), drinking at least 6 servings of water daily, and not eating after 8pm at night. I'll weigh-in on Monday as well and then keep doing it weekly. After I get these goals down, I'll then concentrate on counting calories and making some food switches.

Thanks again for the invite.

-B

Jasmine31
08-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Rhighlan86:

Hi welcome!! It sounds like you got a great plan to follow! I get anxiety attacks to sometimes, mainly cause of my ex. Is your blood pressure too high? Get more potassium in!

Melody:

Came in to give ya a hug and will get a more detailed response to you tonite!

Ladiibbug:

Hi hun! You are more than welcome to join us!!! WTG on the 10 lbs already!

There is alot of info but just take it 1 step at a time. I have changed slowly alot of stuff over time. New habits dont form over nite.

CrawlWalkRun

My dh smokes, since he was 13. *sigh* He smokes outside to avoid me and the kids. I wish he would quit. Anyhow, wtg on quitting!

Anyhow, do I post stats? Goals? Are these things tracked? I'm beginning Monday.

The rules are pretty lax here. Ypou are more than welcome to post anything and every thing or nothing. lol What ever you are comfy doing, some days I post meal plans, some days I dont, sometimes I post goals, sometimes I dont. Sometimes I post too much. lol But it helps me to stay focused on healthy eating.

Y/w. I am going to weigh in on moday too! The last few days have been terrible.

Jasmine31
08-04-2007, 02:18 PM
Well my 3 y/o ran off with my plate of fruit and there is like 1 tbs of my efir left. Food shopping is manana so maybe today will be a low cal day after all! lol

We have plenty of other food around but ...idk....I ate a bad lunch yesterday and have been having too many "bad meals" lately. I keep telling myself I will start fervently with melody on monday and that is a bad excuse!

I am going to see what I can do today and tomorrow. :)

lodyangel
08-04-2007, 02:58 PM
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wHvec1w/exercise.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wHvec1w/)

That is my August exercise goal ticker. So far I am doing great! I have not done anything today and I have to get on it, time is a wastin’! Tonight is
Ds1 sweet 16 party. Do they call them that if the 16 is a boy? Oh well, it’s at my sis2's "mansion." They have a pool and I am sure they will all be in it. I think he invited about 10 kids if they all show. I went out this morning and spent too much money on groceries and the like. Bought his cake and ice cream, burgers, hotdogs, light chips, dip buns, pop. I hope that feeds them all. I had a light lunch a SB fajitas (240 calories) and a SF jello. Now I’m tossin back the water, which is not hard as it is 90 degrees here already.

Well I am off to pump some iron and yoga and then I have to go to Sis2’s house to clean it up. She is away celebrating her anniversary and will not be back until later. Have a great weekened chickees! Welcome ladiibug!

Ladiibbug
08-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Yesterday was my first big grocery shop since my new healthy eating resolution ... and I am surprised (but happy) at lots of the "new" foods I bought!

I bought 5 pkgs. of various rice cake flavors (ME? Rice Cakes? *where's the icon of a woman's hair standing straight up in the air*). They're good! I had 7 yogurt/berry mini rounds (7 mini's = 1 serving!) for a snack (35 calories!!) and one large round ... which satisfied me. Plus, no fat :-)

I bought apples & kiwis & bananas, and a huge bag o' spinach for salads, & tomatoes. And my first ever can of crab meat for a crab salad. And a lemon to squeeze the juice over my baked potato instead of a teaspoon of olive oil. And FF yogurt - I always forget about this.

I think my body is adjusting to getting off the pies & doughnuts & switching to much healthier food the last 5 weeks.

Some things at the grocery store that I DIDN'T buy for once: Tortilla chips (I was SHOCKED that 10 chips had 140 calories & so much FAT!! I had NO idea. And I had to laugh at 10 chips as a serving size -- I could sit there and eat them for 1/2 hour, easy!

Using Fit Day, I was shocked that ONE candy bar bar had so much FAT. Only 200 calories, which was OK ... but geez, the fat %! Now that I'm eagle eye monitoring my fat % on Fit Day, I really pay attention.

Didn't Buy: Croutons; Candy Bars; No Sweets at All, Not even one doughnut

Monday's my weigh day. *cautiously optimistic* Even another 2 lb. would be great!

stopeating
08-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Laddibug - Great job at the store! :carrot: I find it to be a fun challenge to find new healthy items to eat.

Lodyangel - Congrats on the weight loss!! The air is fixed for now in my van. I just can't take living without it. My dh thought it just froze up because it was working so hard, but I wonder because it is making a funny noise. I think it will die but just get me through August and I will get it fixed in the spring. ;)

Jasmine - Hey there...I know about bad days, but I try really hard to think that it is just a bad moment so I don't think I can continue all day. It's all a psyche thing for me but I just ate a handful of nuts (typing to you guys :dizzy:) when I should have been done for the day. I'm kicking myself but the rest of my day was real good. Before I would figure I blew it and eat everything that I denied myself all day. Dumb isn't it.:?:

Crawlwalkrun - Welcome. Huge congrats on not smoking. My parents quit 10 years ago after 35 years of smoking and they couldn't be happier. Now they can't stand to be around it. :)

Becky - Sorry for your pain. You made some great goals for yourself though and I know you can do it. :)

Canuk - Where are you? :hug:

Today I worked in the yard most of the day. Went to the farmer's market and bought tons of veggies. It's so much more fun than the grocery store. Tomorrow I am going to go and pick blueberries and do more yard work. I went on a 3 mile walk and I have over 12,000 steps on my pedometer. I highly recommend this to everyone. It really creates an incentive for me to increase my steps.

Hope all are having a great weekend!

Rhighlan86
08-04-2007, 11:43 PM
I don't think my blood pressure is too high its 110/60. I'm never told whether thats good or not though. I just have a lot of stress that I really don't know how to deal with and I let it overtake me sometimes. This is the 3rd one in the past year, but thankfully i was able to talk myself down from a full blown anxiety attack.

lodyangel
08-05-2007, 11:36 AM
I am sitting here in a state of undress, because I just took my measurements and...in one month I lost 6.5 inches! It really was 7.25 inches but my bicep gained .75 of an inch (not a bad thing) so I took the gain off my total. I lost .75 “ off my bust, 1.0 inch off my upper waist, 1.5 inches off my lower waist (my pudge). Another 3 inches off my butt, and 1 inch off my calf!

It’s storming. I am sitting here waiting for the storm to pass so I can go do my C25K workout. Today I begin week 3, here’s the workout:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
Jog 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
Walk 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
Jog 400 yards (or 3 minutes)
Walk 400 yards (or three minutes)

Three minutes does not sound like much, but it really hurts. I couldn’t do the 1:30 the first time I tried to do it. I took me 2 weeks to feel strong enough to move on to the 3:00...but i know I can do it. It’s all in my head. Literally....Running is 90 % in your head and 10% your body. I can’t let anything get in between what I know I can do!

The t-shirt I have on used to be skin tight. I can wear it comfortably now. Just accentuating the positive.

I have to go into work today to get my classroom in order. :( I really don’t wanna go, but I have trainings the next 2 days and I won’t be able to do it then, and then open house is Wednesday so things have to at least look nice before then. So much to do, so little time!

Stopeating: Glad the AC is working now! I love the farmers market! Congrats on your steps and your 3 mile walk!

Rhiglan: 110/60 is an excellent bloodpressure! No worries there. I have anxiety attacks too. I was on medication for them for awhile. But I weaned myself off. Anxiety attacks are scary. You just have to limit your amount of stress. Do you know what triggers them? For me it was my Boyfriend, we were going through a really rough time and we both starrted having them. He's still on medication for them. Just try to avoid whatever makes you have them and try to live as stress free as possible. You can eventually learn to control them.

Hugs to all!

Jasmine31
08-05-2007, 12:50 PM
lodyangel:

Well done on the pound down!! WTG!

It is always good to take a day off. I snagged my dh's mp3 player and the walking goes much smoother! We just need to remember to be aware of our surroundings.

You ran 25 miles? Air quality. Good grief if it isn't one thing or another.

I am not worried about the a/c, just glad the car runs!

Jasmine: I honestly have no idea how many calories I eat now. I used to eat continuously. I have some stomach problems and I would eat the pain away. This summer while they were runnning tests on me I had to do a liquid diet for 24 hours and then the next day nothing to eat until my procedure. The doc had to do emergency surgery on someone else and didn't get to me until 3:30. It was about 6:00 when I got out of the hospital and got to eat. 42 hours with no solid food. Something broke in me that day. I realized that I did not have to eat constantly. SO I started my diet. At first I did a liquid diet all day and then ate whatever I wanted for Dinner. Then when i felt like I had some control I added back in lunch. Lunch is usually super light, like a veggie burger or a salad and Dinner is whatever I want. I usually try to be smart about it making sure to eat whole grains and lots of veggies. And have lost 10 pounds in a month. I started my diet a month tomorrow. I really feel like I am going to do it this time. This is the longest I have held on and been positive about it for sure.

That is great. I am glad you found what works for you! Try some fruit for breakfast. that IS what I do. An apple, banana, an orange. Or a yogurt. Gets your body rolling. :)

Some days I only eat one meal. Like yesterday we went to Applebees and I ate half my meal and didn't eat anything else the rest of the day.

Just don't starve yourself hun.

I am a binge eater. Once I start eating I can not stop. So this "plan" I have devised keeps me in check. There is no snacking on my plan. Just lunch and Dinner. If I snack I won't stop so why start? I don't eat breakfast either. I never have been much of a breakfast eater. I have found if I eat breakfast I tend to get hungry again quicker. Makes no sense whatsoever, but it's true...

Well you got to do what works for you. Is it that eating triggers a binge or that certain foods? For me pretty much most things processed/fast food some things with HFCS and diet soda can trigger a binge.

What about yogurt? a few walnuts, some fruit, a few carrot stix, the 100 calorie popcorn?

Your ticker looks great!! The fajitas sound good. Have a great birthday party!!!

Ladiibbug:

Yesterday was my first big grocery shop since my new healthy eating resolution ... and I am surprised (but happy) at lots of the "new" foods I bought!

I bought 5 pkgs. of various rice cake flavors (ME? Rice Cakes? *where's the icon of a woman's hair standing straight up in the air*). They're good! I had 7 yogurt/berry mini rounds (7 mini's = 1 serving!) for a snack (35 calories!!) and one large round ... which satisfied me. Plus, no fat :-)

I bought apples & kiwis & bananas, and a huge bag o' spinach for salads, & tomatoes. And my first ever can of crab meat for a crab salad. And a lemon to squeeze the juice over my baked potato instead of a teaspoon of olive oil. And FF yogurt - I always forget about this

Sounds great! I need to go shopping today. Never tried rice cakes. There is 100 calorie snack popcorn too. Fruit is great for you. I get spinach too.

I absolutely ADORE tortilla chips!! Nacho bell grande is my favorite at taco bell. I sometimes just make my own at home myself but I have to be careful havinbg tortilla chips around cause I love eating them.

Are you planning for a treat day? That is what I have done is once a week have a treat day and that keeps me sane.

stopeating:

Jasmine - Hey there...I know about bad days, but I try really hard to think that it is just a bad moment so I don't think I can continue all day. It's all a psyche thing for me but I just ate a handful of nuts (typing to you guys ) when I should have been done for the day. I'm kicking myself but the rest of my day was real good. Before I would figure I blew it and eat everything that I denied myself all day. Dumb isn't it

Great attitude to have, mine usually is, okay you blew it today, get back tomorrow, and then do better.

Well as you know lately has been kind of rocky. Yesterday I told myself would be good etc and then the kid ran off with my fruit. I had like 1/2 cup cantaloupe and a swig of kefir.

My dh insisted on going to walmart and I was like, ugghhh it is by in and out my absolute favorite place to eat! And I reminded myself I had a bad lunch the day before. I was so bad I didn't even try to track it on fitday.

I had in my mind to come home and cook a huge lunch/dinner.

Then my dh said he was hungry! uggghhhhh, mc donalds was RIGHT there. Grrrr.....

So I told myself, ONE double cheeseburger, NO FRIES and a water. I was still hungry. Dh gave me 3.5 of his nuggets. I was STILL hungry. I had one of the kids get in line to go get me a chicken sandwich(but you know how bad even those are) and while they were in line I told myself, well if you are getting that, then why not fries? why not a coke while you are at it!!! Is this going to make you happy?

NO. I told the kid to get out of line and we were leaving. That if I wanted to get home and make more food right away or have nuts I could. :D I was proud for leaving that chicken sandwich behind!!

I didn't think it would help and that the day was already hopeless but I went home and went to mcd's nutritional info and put in the double burger(440 cals) the nuggets(160 cals worth) the cantaloupe, the kefir and tacos with spanish rice for dinner, and my morning coffee, and you know what? I had dinner at 6 and by the time all was said and done my cals were at 1348!!!!!!

Wheeeeeee! I can do it. Like you said even if you mess up a little, get back on track right then!

I added up my cals of what I would normally want at mcd's. 2 doubles(880), a large fries(660) soda and more soda! 64 oz with your refill? (800 calories!!!!) That is 2340 calories! And by setting limits and being smart I got out of there for 600 calories! Yeah me!!!

At the end of the day it is cals in/cals out. Now of course the better the food ewe eat, the healthier we are so I would not recommend living off that but when your in a bind, ya know?

Dumb isn't it

No I know exactly what you mean.

I miss canuk too!! And where is pita! and veggie girl and sd gal and jasons lea, and.....

Today I worked in the yard most of the day. Went to the farmer's market and bought tons of veggies. It's so much more fun than the grocery store. Tomorrow I am going to go and pick blueberries and do more yard work. I went on a 3 mile walk and I have over 12,000 steps on my pedometer. I highly recommend this to everyone. It really creates an incentive for me to increase my steps.

Hope all are having a great weekend!

I used to have a pedometer when I was a teenager and loved it.(where it tracked miles)WTG on the walking!! Farmers markets are fun but last time I was not happy buying a 25 pound of oranges and half were hard!!!

Rhighlan86

I don't think my blood pressure is too high its 110/60. I'm never told whether thats good or not though. I just have a lot of stress that I really don't know how to deal with and I let it overtake me sometimes. This is the 3rd one in the past year, but thankfully i was able to talk myself down from a full blown anxiety attack.

Okay no that is normal, 120 is considered prehypertensive, and 141 is high. Are you taking medications that trigger this? When I started taking the b.c. pill I started getting them so i chucked those immediately!

lodyangel:

I am sitting here in a state of undress, because I just took my measurements and...in one month I lost 6.5 inches! It really was 7.25 inches but my bicep gained .75 of an inch (not a bad thing) so I took the gain off my total. I lost .75 “ off my bust, 1.0 inch off my upper waist, 1.5 inches off my lower waist (my pudge). Another 3 inches off my butt, and 1 inch off my calf!

That is awesome!!!! I am proud of you!!! How do you measure your butt? Once a month or so we do my measurements too.

The t-shirt I have on used to be skin tight. I can wear it comfortably now. Just accentuating the positive.

Great!!!

HUGS BACK

Ill be back with my updates.

Jasmine31
08-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Okay so i am doing fine on my minutes. Yeah! I may wait a few more days to weigh. I just feel like I am getting on the right track and don't want the scale to sway me one way or the other. If I am up, I will get discouraged even though I am working on it. If I am down i may feel like eating this way has not hindered me losing and I can get away with it. LOL

August 1: 90 minutes/4.5 miles walking
August 2: 90 minutes/4.5 miles walking
(5 sets of 10: 2.5 pound weights on each arm)
August 3: Rest
August 4: 60 minutes/3 miles walking
August 5: 90 minutes/4.5 miles walking

Not bad. :)

Okay Melody are you ready for tomorrow? What I think I am going to do is plan my menu around a 1400 calorie day every a.m. and hopefully stick to it. If I get crazy hungry later and am in fear of binging then I am giving myself permission to have a 100-200 calorie snack. Like a yogurt, lowfat microwave popcorn, a serving of nuts, on occasion, pudding. I just want to try to keep it at no more that 1600. If its a treat day I will give myself a little room.

If I can eat less and feel fine like yesterday than I will do that. I seen they have 100 calorie popcorn bags and that looked like a good plan to have. I know the orville lowfat popcorn is a big bag and has like 210 cals, maybe split w/ kids.

Today is shopping I need to get a bunch of healthy snacks.

bye 4 now!

lodyangel
08-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Jasmine: 25 miles? I wish!!! Actually one of my life goals is to run a marathon. It won't be anytime soon. C25K means couch to 5K...sorry should have clarified. It's a plan to get you running a 5K as soon as 2 months. Here's the link:
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

As for running with my ipod...I run on the road, so when I am running I only put one ear piece in. That way I can hear on coming traffic, dogs barking, things shuffling in the weeds, etc. You have to be able to hear what is going on around you.

Yes, I am ready for tomorrow. I am going to stick with my 2 meal a day plan and just keep track of my calories. It will be interesting to see how much I am really eating.

As for measurements...butt=hips. :)

I started week 3 today. I did the entire workout including all the 3 minutes! My shins were KILLING me. They hurt worse today then ever, but I just kept telling myself "shins are only 10% of me...Running is in your head," and I did it! I am pretty happy too. :) Walked/ ran 3 miles. Then stretched for a total of 60 minutes of movement. I was thinking of a bike ride later...but will have to see how I feel.

Here's ticker update...
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wHvec1w/]
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wHvec1w/exercise.png

Jasmine31
08-05-2007, 06:26 PM
That is still great! 5 miles of running! Yeah!!

As for measurements...butt=hips.

Cool!

Yes, I am ready for tomorrow. I am going to stick with my 2 meal a day plan and just keep track of my calories. It will be interesting to see how much I am really eating.

Yeah enquiring minds want to know! And no matter how many cals, 1000-2000, we are on a 1400 calorie plan! okay! That is what i am telling myself. :lol: Whether I wind up at 1600 or 1800, or 1348, it is a 1400 calorie plan. lol For some reason that number is just making me feel more in comntrol, maybe just cause with the amount of walking I do if I get super hungry later I can have a little something else and still be able to do it, ya know? BUT I was at 1348, and so far today I am on track again.

I had 1 coffee, with 3 creamers and 1 small banana for breakfast. I would of had cantaloupe but no time to chop.

Guess what they had after church today by all the baked goodies? FRUIT!!! I was ecstatic! I was going to skip that table and grab the kids and run but I seen fruit! watermelon, cantaloupe and honey do.So I had about a cup worth. Yummy! I was so happy. Especially since I knew after I was headed to the park to see dh for his lunch, I had no lunch packed and was going to tryt to grab a yogurt or something for my store trip afterward.

Well we left him at 12:30, went to staters, got stuff, came home and ate 2 slices of ezekiel bread(a wonderful bread by the way, organic sprouted grain, 80 cals a slice and amazingly enough it is VERY filling!) and ONE TBS peanut butter, 1 cup yogurt. I hgave 659 cals left for dinner and am not feeling hungry. I CAN do this! I can do 1400 today!

Yeah this whole thing is in our heads! lol You know what I used to tell myself about walking(although I DO like it sometimes that extra motivation to do 90 instead of dragging at 50)

I just kept reminding myself of the holocaust people and the final march etc. I kept telling myself they did it, I can do it for a short time. Now please no one think I am comparing my situation to theirs or anything. All I am saying is over the grand scheme of things, walking for 90 minutes is NOT a big deal! I just need to translate that to food now. Like, hey, 1400 is ENOUGH. What if that were your rations? Ya know? It would be plenty. It is all in our minds!

Canuk4
08-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Hello everyone, welcome to all the new people and congrats on how well your doing already. You make me very ashamed of myself for not having the motivation and willpower you all have.

Well when I last visited to were going to look for a bridal gown for my dh, we got one plus the veil and a slip. She paid for the dress and slip, mom paid for the veil. lol it cost more than my wedding dress when I got married the first time! The hall is now booked, word is slowly getting to realitives, a photographer is in the works, as well as a stag and doe and a shower. It is gonna be a busy 3 1/2 months, so I am going to try and go relax at the cottage for a few days this week, then home for an appt, then back out and then back in the week after for two appts. As well as trying to squeeze in a birthday for my son. Usually dinner out. I don't know tho as money is really tight, but don't have to worry about that till next week I think as he is on holidays this week.

Jasmine, thank goodness they always clean up after themselves after they have the cottage. If the girlfreind doesn't start demanding to go home NOW, we should be okay!! I hope.

Well eating today has not been great, but not terrible either, I have had a toasted tomato sandwich, with ff mayo and a little s/p, two coffee's with light cream and sugar sub. and two granola bars.

I noticed someone else eats like myself, maybe two meals a day, I don't get enough exercise in tho, but it is not working for me, I really need to get back to writing things down and keeping to an certain amount of calories.
The thing I find as well with the cottage is it is much smaller than my house, so not as much housework and it has a party atmosphere alot of the time, so a drink here and there, much more often then at home. So I have to be strong willed with myself and stick with my water, I can put it in a special glass and no one will be any wiser.

Thanks for the compliment Jasmine, about looking out for you. I do care about this board and the ladies on it, even when I am just holding my own. I am back up to my 222, don't really see where I ate too much, but will just have to do better.

Thank-you ladies for letting me see how your doing things, hopefully I can smarten up and get back on track. I certainly need to with my daughter's wedding coming up. I know I won't be slim, but I would like to feel better about myself, just wish the arm and knee could hold up better to a little more exercise. Am going to try and ride my bike every day at the cottage, that should help, and possibly get my walking tape in use.

Today I washed the floors and did some vac on the main floor. That should count for some exercise. Water needs to increase too.

Have a good tomorrow ladies. Hope I get back on, if not will be back soon.
Sharon S.

Jasmine, can you run my height and weight and let me know how many cals I should be having? Please.

Thanks to all who prayed for my aunt, she is doing well, up and walking around and will be coming home tomorrow or Tues.

Jasmine31
08-05-2007, 11:54 PM
brb canuk!

Jasmine31
08-05-2007, 11:57 PM
I need your age sweetie!

Jasmine31
08-06-2007, 12:03 AM
You will be very busy! We want pics too!

I try to avoid the diet stuff too. When I can. Had some diet a&w root beer today and I have been on track so maybe that one doesn't stimulate my appetite.

I try to drink alot of plain tea too. Just got some lemon, should be nice. I find it very refreshing when I am super thirsty and it is very cold.

Thanks for the compliment Jasmine, about looking out for you. I do care about this board and the ladies on it, even when I am just holding my own. I am back up to my 222, don't really see where I ate too much, but will just have to do better.

*BIG HUGZ* I care about all of you too! I just got so wrapped up in all that crap with my ex. I HAVE to stay focused on being healthy and taking care of myself though!

Thank-you ladies for letting me see how your doing things, hopefully I can smarten up and get back on track. I certainly need to with my daughter's wedding coming up. I know I won't be slim, but I would like to feel better about myself,

I know what ya mean. That is how I felt about my wedding. I did lose 30 pounds in time though. ;)

Thanks to all who prayed for my aunt, she is doing well, up and walking around and will be coming home tomorrow or Tues.

I am so glad to hear that! Hooray!

I just need your age so I can run your stats.

Jasmine31
08-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Oh I forgot to brag about how good I did today.

I had a few carrot stix and picked Joe up from work at 3:00. I went shopping at staters with the kids/stopped at ralphs real quick to make sure I got my kefir, only store that sells it, picked him up, then went to smart n final. I spent a while reading some labels. I love french fries every now and then and used to do baked for a treat til I realized most all of them are done in hydrogenated oil! Well I seen some tonite that just said oil, potatoes, etc. So I got those.

I seen some egg rolls and grabbed em. I am going to look up a bunch of chines recipes this month. I got a buy one get one free stir fry, sweet n sour and two orange chicken marinades, plus got a sweet n sour that is like how the chicken tonite one used to have it with pineapple chgunks and bell pepper etc. Lots of chicken, rice and veggies planned this month and a few noodles here and there. ;)

Anyhow, got home about 6 and already planned oven pizza for dinner, BUT I stayed with in my calories ladies! I had 2 pieces of chicken/veggie pizza(and a few of dhs crust but I added that in too!) and what I had earlier and I am at 1455 for the day!!! Hooray!! See??? I CAN do this!! Now lets do a few more days like this and then weigh and see how I am doing. :D

Jasmine31
08-06-2007, 12:16 AM
wait, I forgot to add in the carrots, 1474 :D

lodyangel
08-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Itís Monday...that means today is my day off from exercise if I can make myself stick to it. I find I want to work out everyday! :) I ended up doing 95 minutes of exercise yesterday. I did the couch to 5K-week 3 workout. It went really well, except for the D@mnable shins hurting. Then I walked for a total walk/ run of 3 miles. Then last night I rode my sonís new bike for about 15 minutes. I have decided my reward for meeting my labor day goal will be a new bike for myself. Then after biking I played power rangers with DS3. We searched my sisterís yard for clues and beat up a snake (a large tube), searched the barn for ghosts, and walked and ran around for about 20 minutes. It was a good time.

Today is get my classroom ready then off to CPR training at 1:00. :( I am counting calories this week. Jasmine and I are counting and trying to stay under 1400. We will see how it goes!

Canuk: You have alot going on. YOU CAN DO THIS! I know it's hard but you have to put yourself first. No one else will notice.

Jasmine: You are off to a roaring start! I'll post all my food tonight from home.

Well everyone have a great day today!

Jasmine31
08-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Good morning ladies!!!

Hey Melody. The plan sounds good. Hope the shins get better soon! That is a great way to reward yourself you deserve it!

I am rewarding myself with some specialty soaps. I will chat more about that another time though.

Oh I did want to say one thing, I did talk to Robin(lady who lost 155 pounds) and she did say she DID take her cals down at different intervals, 1800, 1600, 1400, 1200. She is also 5 foot though. No plateau though.

Well I have been feeling fine at the 1400 or so though so I will stick with it.

Marblesfly, where are ya hun? Miss ya!

Okay so i just got back from my walk and did 90, I have also been doing
arm weights.

August 1: 90 minutes/4.5 miles walking
August 2: 90 minutes/4.5 miles walking
August 3: Rest
August 4: 60 minutes/3 miles walking
August 5: 90 minutes/4.5 miles walking
August 6: 90 minutes/4.5 miles walking

I am at 420 minutes, yeehaw!! Once I hit my goal of 1500 I will change it to 2000 like I did last month.

My food is going good today.

16 cup coffee done
2.5 tbs creamer done
2 cups watermelon done
1 small banana done
2 slices ezekiel bread
1 tbs peanut butter
1 cup kefir
3/4 cup ch. breast
1 cup brown rice
1 serving sweet n sour sauce(2 tbs)
1 cup broccoli
1/2 cup cauliflour
7 walnut halves
1 small apple done

1399 calories. 25% fat/53% carbs/23% protein

Wheeee!!! Not a bad list!

So a sandwich for lunch and yogurt for a snack later.

Jasmine31
08-06-2007, 01:23 PM
You know what ladies? I am feeling really good today! For the first time in a LONG time I feel like I am really in control of this in stead of the other way around. It is amazing how just even a few good days back on track can make you feel, and you know what? The image in the mirror is looking slimmer, the side view is getting slimmer, I can feel my collar bones alot more, and when i look straight on the tummy area is going down and the hips are looking good. Yeah! I just need to push this thru and gte to wonderland. I can NOT wait!

What could possibly taste better than hitting 199!!! Nothing!

Jasmine31
08-06-2007, 01:30 PM
drink your water ladies!

Ladiibbug
08-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Jasmine, sounds like you just bought a non-refundable ticket to OnederLand!! :hee hee:

I'll BBL to read more posts but I MUST tackle the vacuuming before I talk myself out of it ... again.

You know what ladies? I am feeling really good today! For the first time in a LONG time I feel like I am really in control of this in stead of the other way around. It is amazing how just even a few good days back on track can make you feel, and you know what? The image in the mirror is looking slimmer, the side view is getting slimmer, I can feel my collar bones alot more, and when i look straight on the tummy area is going down and the hips are looking good. Yeah! I just need to push this thru and gte to wonderland. I can NOT wait!

What could possibly taste better than hitting 199!!! Nothing!

Rhighlan86
08-06-2007, 04:06 PM
My stressors can be vast. Right now it's school, I'm a senior in college so I am trying to prepare for the GRE, maintain good grades in my classes, and apply to grad schools, 2nd it's work....this is just balancing school and work,
3rd is making sure that I save money and have enough to pay off bills, and then 4th is the whole grad schools thing...I'm worried about getting in, paying for it, getting recommendations...etc....I worry too much I'm always told this, but the worries generally don't go away. They are a constant in my life right now. My boyfriend and I are great so that's not really a stress. He actually calms me down. So far I've had 3 and 2 of them were so bad that I fell....the first time I went to the hospital b/c I thought I was having a heart attack. All of those times I've been worried about the same things above. School, work, money, and grades. I don't even realize that I'm stressing that much until it gets to the point that I do have an anxiety attack and then afterwards I sit down and think about it and I realize OK this is what caused it. I've helped myself some by writing down everything that I need to get done in a book. That way I don't forget things and I'm not worrying about it b/c it's right there and I know what to do. Other stressors though I don't know how to deal with

Weight wise I think that I need to drop down to 1500-1600 calories. I've been on 1700-1800 for two weeks and havent lost one lb. I haven't gained any either, but I think it's time to drop em down.

Today is my first day of physical therapy, I don't really have time for it, but I need it soo bad. It's gotten to the point that touching my shins hurts. I can't bend at all anymore.....and I'm 21! I tried the other day just to lay in the floor and do toe taps to work my abs and my hip started hurting so bad I had to ice it. It's getting ridiculous. So I'm definately going to make time for physical therapy.

That's all that I have today......how is everyone elses day? :)

Canuk4
08-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Hi all, sounds like everyone is soing pretty good today.

Becky, I am sorry you have to deal with so much pain, I can appreciate that to a degree as I have had my arm operated on twice ( I fell down the stairs backwards, then flipped onto my arm at the bottom) it is still not right and that probably means more surgery. I am also due to have a knee replacement, it is bone on bone, so gives out after awhile, like the arm. But I am nearly 56 yrs old, so some of it can be expected, not for you at 21. The physical thearpy, I am sure will help make you more flexible, just seeing what they can do, is amazing. It will hurt less and less as you go along, good luck and I will pray for you. As for the panic attacks, I get mild ones where I have gotten myself so upset I can't breath. That alone is scary, most of mine is from upset and worry as well. Take care of yourself young one.

Today has not been one of my best, worries around my son and his girlfriend, all but do me in. She is so controlling and can make him doubt his decisions so easily. This weekend she was trying to put between him and his friends. It was his birthday weekend and she went home Sunday and figured he should too, considering he had invited friends, you just can't say you have to go now, my girlfriend wants me home!!!! How she would of loved that. I am really fretting over this relationship, he has a great job, lots of responsibility and is told he makes good decisions and handles himself well, why can't he do it with her????

Suppose to go to the cottage, but don't want to leave him feeling blue and in his room. Will probably go tomorrow.

Food has been okay so far, water as well, lets hope I can continue.

Jasmine, my age is as above. Thanks sweetie.

Thank-you for all your support everyone.
Sharon S.

Jasmine31
08-06-2007, 06:21 PM
I will respond more to everyone later, wanted to get this to canuk before she runs off again! Good to see everyone doing well!

Canuk's Caories (http://nutrition.about.com/library/bl_nutrition_need_results.htm?start=1&pounds_100=200&pounds_10=20&pounds=9&dpounds_100=100&dpounds_10=30&dpounds=5&years=NaN&inches=63&years=56&page=4)

So, according to this, if you eat 2103 cals a day you will stay at your present weight.

If you exercise for 30 minutes a day you can maintain this weight and still eat at 2359.4 a day

Exercise for 60, you can maintain at 2679.8 cals a day.

Now we all know 3500 cals = 1 pound so if you slice 500 cals a day off of 2103, you can lose 1 pound a week if you stick to 1603 cals, that is w/out exercising.

If you want to walk 30 minutes a day and cut your cals to 1359, you can lose 2 pounds a week. Cause that would be a 1000 cal deficit.

If you need more help just let me know. :)

JasonsLea
08-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Hey everyone! nothing much going on here, same old, same old.

lodyangel
08-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Rhiglan...Sorry about all the stress. The first thing you need to do is...

PUT YOURSELF FIRST!

I know it is a hard thing to do, but you need to take care of you before you can take care of everything else. So make sure you are eating healthy, get some exercise, even if its just taking a walk every night. Exercise also helps relieve stress. Make exercise your priority. And may I suggest yoga for your tightness. Try Shelly McDonald Yoga Stretch into yoga. I got it at Wal-Mart for $5.50. If you can't find it there check on ebay. It's a very goodworkout for beginners as she shows youmodifications to oves if you are too tight to do them. I have always had tight muscles. My leg muscles are so bad I struggle to get my leg completely straightened out. I have always been that way. You can make it better with exercise though. Hang in there you can do it all!

Okay, I made some crappy choices for food today, and i ate more then usual as I ate what i intended to eat for lunch at about 8:30. Then come lunch time I had the urge to snack so I did. Then I ate a sensible but filling Dinner. So here is the run down on my not so healthy eating...

8:30 SB southwest chicken 280 feeling hungry

12:30 DQ :( Cheeseburger 400 Just wanted to snack :(
small dipped cone 380
6:00 Grilled salmon 280 not hungry at all.
Potato 100
3 tsp of N/F butter 15
lettuce and tomato salad 65
2 T Light ranch dressing 80
3 mini cookies 90

Total 1690 :(

My total for today is way higher then usual because usually I just would eat the SB meal for lunch and then eat Dinner. I blew it with my 780 calorie trip to Dairy Queen. STUPID! I will not do it again anytime soon! If I had warded off my DQ urge I would have come in under 1000 calories. Of course usually my Dinner is a little heavier then tonight. I ate light because I knew I had blown it with the DQ binge. Well 1690 is still below my number to lose weight sensibly so I am not gonna kick myself too hard about it! Tomorrow there will be no temptation becasue #1 I am broke...No chance of a fast food binge, and #2 I will be in training until lunch time so no chance of doing something stupid like eat my lunch for breakfast!

Tomorrow morning is C25K workout. Back to running. I hated sitting still today. I really just wanna move! Well off to work on stuff for my classroom! Have a good night everyone!

lodyangel
08-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Sharon,

I know it is hard to watch someone you know doing something that is a mistake. It's even harder when that person is your son. But remember this is the same boy that you raised, taught right from wrong, and that you said yourself usually makes good decisions. Save yourself some worry and let him handle his GF. It probably won't take long for him to realize what a controlling witch she is and he will get rid of her. And if he doesn't then their must be something so wonderful about her that he is willing to overlook her flaws (even if you can not see those same wonderful qualities). Either way, if you say anything about it you will risk looking like the bad guy. Just hold your tongue and more then likely it will work out the way that it should. Just try not to worry yourself about it. (((hugs)))

Oh, I probably should have asked sooner, but how old is your son?

Jasmine31
08-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Ladiibbug:

Jasmine, sounds like you just bought a non-refundable ticket to OnederLand!! :hee hee:

Thanx hun. This IS my ticket. My train better not leave without me! :lol:

I'll BBL to read more posts but I MUST tackle the vacuuming before I talk myself out of it ... again.

I know what ya mean. A lady at church I chat with a little there on sundays said something about maybe stopping by this week. (Yeah she INVITED herself)

Ummmm....I said, give me a call first!

Sheesh! I have 5 kids and I am not an immaculate housekeeper by any stretch of the word. This last year I feel like I just got it together enough to keep things reasonably presentable most of the time.

You know, floors picked up and vacummed, kitchen looks neat and tidy most the time, all the junk is hiding in the garage. But we really need to finish painting the front room and steam clean again!

I HAVE 5 KIDS do NOT come over without a 2 weeks notice!!! hahahahahaha

And I am finding it so hard with all of them out for the summer, every time I turn around there is a mess or they are eating......

lol God I hope she is NOT coming over. hahahaha

Rhighlan86:

I know how it is hun. I have an ex dh with a terrible revenge streak, we are talking lets make up phony allegations and call the cps, courts, cops, any one. And a rebellious teenage daughter who thinks it was fun to help him. Uggghhhhhhhhh.....

10% of life is what happens to you, the other 90% is how we deal with it. I am glad your bf helps, me dh is great too. Is there any way you can take some of the load off?

The fist time I had an extreme panic attack, I thought I was having a heart attack too, some guy had broken into our house June 2006 and stole my purse, I SEEN HIM IN MY WINDOW and I just started screaming. Thank GOD none of us were hurt!

That is the only time it got that bad.

Weight wise I think that I need to drop down to 1500-1600 calories. I've been on 1700-1800 for two weeks and havent lost one lb. I haven't gained any either, but I think it's time to drop em down.

That could be.

WHy do you have shin trouble?

Canuk:

Melody is right. You did your best to raise him. Pray that God will open his eyes if this is not the woman for him for him to see it.

Keep up the great work!! We can do this!

Hey jasonslea keep fighting the good fight!

lodyangel:

Total 1690

That is STILL great! Do NOT eat only 1000 calories. Your body will not be happy and our bodys lose better when they know there is plenty of food coming in.

If your body thinks it can only get 1000 cals a day it may be tempted to hold on to some of that food it gets, it may ant to keep some fat. KWIM? 1600-1700 is still a great range for us! We can still lose!

I know what ya mean about wanting to move. That happens to me too. We have ourselves trained! :lol:

So I wound up eating a tiny bit more than planned. I wound up having 5 carrots and 1 cup of chicken instead of 3/4 and a little bit more sweet n sour. Not bad though. I am at 1577 for the day and I am done.

27%fat/50%carbs/23%protein

I am still happy with this number. My tummy has that I COULD use some more food and be really happy, but I got just enough to eat and be happy and just not enough so I can still lose kind of thing going on. Yeah me!

My water has been good too!

Jasmine31
08-06-2007, 10:59 PM
1348 cals eaten saturday, 60 minutes walking(2767 cals for maintenance) so 2767-1348=1419 calories burned

1474 cals eaten sunday, 90 minutes walking(3051 cals for maintenance) so 3051-1474=1577 calories burned

1577 cals eaten today, 90 minutes walking(3051 cals for maintenance) so 3051-1577=1474 calories burned

1419 + 1577 + 1474 = 4470 calories burned in 3 days! 3500 cals = 1 pound so I should of lost 1 and a 1/4 pound. Yeah me! I need to avooid the temptation and stay off the scale til sunday. If The scale says 210 cause of my previous bad eating I will flip!! lol

I am hoping if I be good and wait til sunday it will say 208 by then. :D

lodyangel
08-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Hello all!

I got up at 6 AM , got the kids up and ready for school and then went and ran/walked 2 miles. I did the couch to 5K workout and as always my shins gave me fits! I am really tired of the pain. I could be doing so much better if the shins weren’t killing me. I know I could run farther if the shins would stop hurting! I only got in 33 minutes so will have to do some more tonight.

I weigh in DAILY. This mornings weigh in was 3 pounds down from yesterday. I knew when I looked in the mirror that it was gonna be a loss day! 216 that is the first time I have seen that number in a long time!Yippee!

I have on my cross country t-shirt from high school. Yes I have a t-shirt that is over 16 years old! I couldn’t wear it before and put it on this morning and it is a little tight across the chest, but I could wear it without feeling too self conscious.

Well off to the shower with me. I have to leave in about half an hour to go to Lex for a training.

Jasmine31
08-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Morning Melody! That is awesome!!! 3 pounds!!! WTG!!!!

Well I am irritated. I was stupid and got on the scale this a.m., it says 213!!!!!!!!!!! I am angry!!!!!!!!! There is no way in heck even in the days preceeding my 3 "great days" that i ate my calorie max for the day, PLUS I would of had to eaten an additional 3500 calories x 3, so like 10,500 extra calories! uggghhhhhh..... TOM is here though. This scale better be 208 by sunday!!!!

the slim me
08-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Hi, got room for one more? I'm dieting, yet again. I lose and regain and I'm getting really sick of it. I'm up to the point again that I have NOTHING to wear and i refuse to buy larger clothes. I think that is the only thing that keeps me from just giving up.

I guess my diet plan is a combination of things, mostly counting calories. I know how to eat healthy and that's usually what I do. With some choclate thrown in there to keep me sane. But, I buy dark chocolate, and that is considered healthy, right? In moderation, everything is fine.

Stopeating, your meal sounds great, and something that I can duplicate too. I'm always looking for ideas for simple meals.

I think between 13-1600 calories a day works for most people. if I try to go below that I just get too hungry. Can,'t maintain a diet that way.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone, Freda

Jasmine31
08-07-2007, 12:14 PM
the slim me:

Hi! Welcome to the group! We always have room for more. We can always make this group back into a weekly thread. i.e. starting a new thread every week instead of once a month. I am so glad we are getting busy again. I knew with a little hard work I could build this back up. :D

Your calorie range sounds great. Are you exercising too? Yeah if chocolate keeps ya sane then do it. Moderation is key.

Ill chat more at everyone later.

lodyangel
08-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Jasmine: It's okay...it's TOM. It will be gone by Saturday.

Welcome Slim Me! I eat dark chocolate in moderation occasionallt too. We are women we need it.

I am a firm believer that if you keep your calories low enough that is all the diet plan you need to lose weight. On the flip side of that you should eat healthy foods so you will feel good. Luckily most healthy stuff is lower in calories. Just make small changes and you wil get there. Eventually choosing good food becomes second nature. It's really cool when you start craving good food instead of junk!

Well here's my calories so far. I checked 3FC nutrition info and it said that SF jello is 7 calories. Is that right? It was the prepackaged little cups. So I was HUNGRY this morning so I ate my S/F jello. I had a migraine last night when I went to bed and got up with a headache. (Yes, I ran with a headache....is that dedication or what?) During training It got a little worse so I took more tylenol and bought a coke (for the caffeine. It helps with the headache). Now this was my first Coke in a long time and you know what...it wasn't even good. I didn't even finish it. I poured it out when I got to the car after training was over. :) Then I was craving SB chicken cranbery salad. So I stopped at a grocery store on the way back to my classroom and bought it. Gosh! It was sooo good! I wish I had bought 2, but I would have eaten both! SO I guess I am glad I didn't! I may stop and buy another for Dinner tonight! :lol:

So here is the calorie breakdown thus far.

SF Jello 7 calories???
Coke 3/4 can 100 calories
SB diet chicken cranberry salad 290
sweet tea 120
Total thus far: 517

Jasmine31
08-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanx Melody. I know...just frustrated. I am sitting here in my size 16 tight black, NO GIVE, NO STRETCH whatsoever tight black jeans that are going to look great on me real soon. Last time I tryed them on I needed Joe to help me suck in and zip up. But not this time, I sucked in and zipped em up on my own!

Amazingly enough there is not even muffin top! Yeah me!! There is a little bit of a roll and I do look like a stuffed sausage in them, NOT something to wear out. But I am sitting here reminding myself that these will be loose soon! Last time it was like, ok, they zipped, now lets get these off. But not today. :)

The food sounds yummy! I am not sure about the jello. If you are not scared of sucralose and like yogurt they have a light and fit one that is only 60 cals, FF, sf. I am scared of sucralose though. lol I stick to kefir and yoplait.

This is my plan for the day:

2 cups watermelon, done
1 small banana, done
1 cup kefir, done
16 oz coffee, done
2.5 tbs creamer,done
1 vitamin, done

2 cups romaine
ONE tbs ranch dressing
.50 medium diced tomato
.50 cup canned salmon
1 oz mozzarella cheese

1 fransisco french roll(hoagie shaped)
1 cup spaghetti sauce
1.5 cup spaghetti noodles
2 tbs parmesan cheese
1 tbs butter for making the french roll garlic parmesan bread

=1495(31%fat/50%carbs/18%protein)

I am going to see how this goes. I was thinking 2 tbs butter, but do NOT want the extra cals! 1461 is not bad, I can do this!

mmmmmm...I am thinking of ading in some lf mozz cheese just for the sake of more calcium...but idk. There are lots of studys that women who have more calcium and watch their food etc lose more belly fat than just cals alone. I do believe it and it has been true with me. I just dont want to go over the 1500 mark. ...I am thinking. Maybe I should nix the bread and have a sald with lunch and add in some mozzarella...:devil:

I'll be back

EDITED, took out the ezekiel and peanut butter and will have a salmon salad WITH cheese for lunch. There better be some salmon in there! lol

Jasmine31
08-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Oh , I meant to add that we will be having dinner early. dh gets off at 3:00, home by 3:30 and we usually eat around 4 now adays this works much better for me. When his schedule was sometimes 7:30 getting home before that drove me nuts! We either couldnt eat together, or I would wait and would be extremely hungry and want to eat everything and then some, or I would eat early then he got home and I would want more. lol

This 4:00 thing is actually working GREAT for me!

Maybe I could half the french roll, it is pretty big, and have half with lunch, half with dinner.

SD Gal
08-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Hi girls......

Remember me?? :?:

I've been away for some while now.. out of embarrassment I suppose. I completely fell of the wagon..

I quit walking.. I quit Weight Watchers.. I quit everything - including my vitamins (sigh).. I am back at 165.. I started eating oh, everything out of stress.. everything good I'd gained, I lost. I am at square one all over again.

Last week Steve & I joined a gym, and I used it last night for the first time. I felt so so much better. I re-claimed WW eating beginning yesterday (again). :o

I haven't updated my stuff yet.. but plan to. Its been a rough few months, but I am back.. I swear. :D

:hug:

Love,
Michelle

Jasmine31
08-07-2007, 02:43 PM
I am glad you got my pm hun! We all miss ya! I have been trying to pm and drag the other girls back as well. We need each other!!! *BIG HUGZ*

I sent ya another pm and told ya how I fell off and am getting back up. I went back from 203 to 220 but am now back to 210. We can do this! If we fall, we pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off.

It is okay! So glad you are back!!!! You can do 1400 cals with melody and me! I know you are doing WW but it doesn't matter. It is our little motto, it just sounds good.

I come in at 1348? I am still on a 1400 plan. I come in at 1700? SO what, I am still on a 1400 plan, haha you get the idea. That way I plan on 1400 and if I wind up at 1700 later than hey, better than planning for 1700 and winding up at 2000! Its working for me anyhow. :D

SD Gal
08-07-2007, 02:55 PM
I am glad you got my pm hun! We all miss ya! I have been trying to pm and drag the other girls back as well. We need each other!!! *BIG HUGZ*

I sent ya another pm and told ya how I fell off and am getting back up. I went back from 203 to 220 but am now back to 210. We can do this! If we fall, we pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off.

It is okay! So glad you are back!!!! You can do 1400 cals with melody and me! I know you are doing WW but it doesn't matter. It is our little motto, it just sounds good.

I come in at 1348? I am still on a 1400 plan. I come in at 1700? SO what, I am still on a 1400 plan, haha you get the idea. That way I plan on 1400 and if I wind up at 1700 later than hey, better than planning for 1700 and winding up at 2000! Its working for me anyhow. :D

Thank you so much for contacting me. I felt really low..

I should know better.. seriously!! Especially here.

Jasmine31
08-07-2007, 03:02 PM
And look at you! You are 5'8, 158-168 pounds! THAT is awesome! I cant wait to get to the 160's. :D

Jasmine31
08-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Just clicked on your profile, is that you? WOW! You look gorgeous!!! CONGRATS on the wedding and now I MUST see more pics of the wedding!!

MissElizabeth
08-07-2007, 03:06 PM
thank you for the invite to join.. I would love too!
my biggest challenge for me is that i have 2 small children
a 3 yr old girl and a 10 month old boy... just recently i was at the park playing with my daughter after a short time i felt out of breath.. tired and had to sit down
i sat at the park thinking how could i have gotten to this point, i cryed for a while and told myself i would start to eat better and lose the extra weight.
its been almost 2 weeks since i satrted working out and eating better.. i fell better already and started doing things i would never do such as taking the kids to the zoo... walking around the farmers market etc..

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098/slider-scale/lb/200/140/191/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Jasmine31
08-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Hi elizabeth! So glad you can join! I have 5, my youngest is 3.5 and my eldest is 14.5, my eldest son is 13, my middle daughter is 9, and my youngest son is 7 so two sets of kids back to back. I understand! Is there anyone who can watch them once in a while so you can walk?

That was my biggest problem, the very rarity I did think about my weight, pushing two kids in a double stroller was no fun! It can be done though. When they got a little older, 5 and 3.5 and a baby, at least i just had to push one. :)

You can do this!

SD Gal
08-07-2007, 03:26 PM
And look at you! You are 5'8, 158-168 pounds! THAT is awesome! I cant wait to get to the 160's. :D

Oh gosh no.. I am big- for me I'm big. I'm not comfortable with the way I look OR feel. I want to hit my 149 pound goal by December.. I am going to be optimistic about losing just one pound per week.. that's all.. :) I would LOVE to be at 135.. but, I'm not going to plan on it..

SD Gal
08-07-2007, 03:29 PM
thank you for the invite to join.. I would love too!
my biggest challenge for me is that i have 2 small children
a 3 yr old girl and a 10 month old boy... just recently i was at the park playing with my daughter after a short time i felt out of breath.. tired and had to sit down
i sat at the park thinking how could i have gotten to this point, i cryed for a while and told myself i would start to eat better and lose the extra weight.
its been almost 2 weeks since i satrted working out and eating better.. i fell better already and started doing things i would never do such as taking the kids to the zoo... walking around the farmers market etc..

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098/slider-scale/lb/200/140/191/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

You will love this group.. I was bad and fell away, but they are so supportive!!

:welcome3:

MissElizabeth
08-07-2007, 03:42 PM
thank you !!
im excited to meet new friends here...

:broc: one for each ten pounds!!

Rhighlan86
08-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Jasmine I had the same thing happen to me! When I was 5 I saw the guy that was breaking into our house, I was in the Bathroom and I looked out the window and he was trying to get in. Creepy. I don't know about you but I'm afraid to look out of windows if it's dark now.

Now about my shins, I worded that weird. I can't bend over. The farthest I can bend to touch without squatting too is my knees and if I go to my shins it hurts.

Today was better....I got on the scale this morning (after I had eaten 2 meals and been out and about for a while around 12pm) and I was down to 187. Or so it seemed. I really need to get a digital scale, the one I have....no clue at the moment what it's called, but it drives me crazy. I want exact! lol. When my money gets here I am definately getting a new scale :carrot:

It's been a crazy crazy day here though......terribly hot too...upper 90's for WV thats hot! What's it like where everyone else is?

the slim me
08-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Hi again. I just finished my exercise. I had planed to walk outside today but it's raining. Backup plan, stepper. I used the stepper for 30 min, in front of the TV. My own routine, I have a hard time following a lot of the tapes. I just keep moving, add some arms and it works.

as for eating today, i had 1 slice of 12 grain bread (5grms of fiber) with peanut butter. lunch was a can of tuna. I opened it before i discovered I had no FF mayo so I put a TBS. of low fat ranch dressing in it. Not bad. Made an open faced sandwich with tomatoes and lettuce. and a peach. Dinner is meatloaf and a baked sweet potato. I bought cherries for my snack tonight. Not sure how many calories that adds up to, but I think it's ok.

I do take a multi vitamine pill and a calcium pill every day. And i try to drink a lot of water.

Pita09
08-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Hello :wave:

Sorry for being MIA from the thread. I see lots of folks here now and that is fantastic!!

Life has been going well. My daughter, who is 15, is back home from her summer in Florida and we had to do lots of school shopping the last few days. She is excited, which makes the home a much happier place. If you have a teenager you know what I mean. ;)

The dieting is going great. I'm up a little this week. I think it is doing no exercise or water over the weekend and I'm ovulating this week. Do any of you find that weight gain time of the month for you? Most annoying to gain during TOM and ovulation!! :mad:

I'm making a yummy chicken stir-fry tonight and putting it over whole wheat rice. I love this meal and all the fresh veggies in it. Can't believe there was a time that the only veggies I ate came out of a can. :rolleyes:

Have a good one!

ReddyToGo
08-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Hi everyone! It's nice to get some support here. Does anyone have a sweet tooth like me? :D And what do you do when you get cravings? :mad: I'd love some tips for some healthy... but maybe a little sweet, too... snacks. ;)

Rhighlan86
08-07-2007, 08:11 PM
One of my favorites is mock ice cream sandwiches....you use graham crackers and cool whip free.....take one sheet and break it in half then put however much whip cream you like on there and put them in the freezer....yum

Pita09
08-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Hi everyone! It's nice to get some support here. Does anyone have a sweet tooth like me? :D And what do you do when you get cravings? :mad: I'd love some tips for some healthy... but maybe a little sweet, too... snacks. ;)

I have a huge sweet tooth and sugar is NOT allowed. Well, except for the one piece of dark chocolate I get a day. ;)

My favorite sweet snacks are popcorn sprinkled with Splenda and cinnamon
Yogurt, fruit, and flavored teas (I love Chai best).

Jasmine31
08-07-2007, 08:50 PM
SD Gal:

Oh gosh no.. I am big- for me I'm big. I'm not comfortable with the way I look OR feel.

I know what you mean. It was like I said in another thread, whether I was 10 pounds over weight(when MUCH younger, like a kid. lol) or whether I was 200 pounds, or 240, or 280. I ALWAYS felt huge!

Know why? Cause there is always some thin little toothpick girl running around! hahahahaahah

So I understand completely. I got to the point where i didn't care any more. That was very unfortunate, cause now I realize there is a HUGE difference between being fat and 280, fat and 240, fat and 220, fat and 210 and on and on.

I am thru with that mindset and I have since told myself there will ALWAYS be someone thinner than me. But you know what? I can be the best that I can be.

Someone will always be richer, prettier, better car, better house, etc. Oh well. That is life. I just need to be MY best.

Rhighlan86:

Jasmine I had the same thing happen to me! When I was 5 I saw the guy that was breaking into our house, I was in the Bathroom and I looked out the window and he was trying to get in. Creepy. I don't know about you but I'm afraid to look out of windows if it's dark now.

I am sorry to hear that. VERY traumatic especially at a young age! Well it was 4:00 a.m. and we , the dummies, it was hot and summer so we had our window open, heck the whole summer before we slept outside in our tent!

Anyhow we did have the shade pulled down. I heard that thing fly up and woke up, Light sleep after that, I thought maybe a bird hit it? Then just a little bit later, I FELT someone watching me. I turned and looked and started screaming. He was just sitting there!

Dh woke up and the guy ran by then and i was too scared to talk and finally got thru what happened, he went to run after him but I thought, what if the guy has a gun? I know Joey can handle himself in a fight but a gun? Heck no! And what aboiyt my kids, were there more people in the house? etc. I said, NO. GO CHECK ON THE KIDS!!!

So he did and by the time he got outside the guy was long gone but he left his bike!!!!

We never have the window open now while we sleep. :(

Now about my shins, I worded that weird. I can't bend over. The farthest I can bend to touch without squatting too is my knees and if I go to my shins it hurts.

Well if it hurts then don't do it! ;)

(after I had eaten 2 meals and been out and about for a while around 12pm)

Most the ladies on 3fc do a weigh 1st thing in the a.m. after potty. that is usually your lowest weight. ;)

I am in Ca and it is in the 100's.

the slim me:

Your food sounds good. Some ladies here use fitday.com, it is free! Just put your food in and it tells you how many cals and your %

Pita420:

*HUGZ* Good to see you back. :)

Life has been going well. My daughter, who is 15, is back home from her summer in Florida and we had to do lots of school shopping the last few days. She is excited, which makes the home a much happier place. If you have a teenager you know what I mean

ahhhh...yes. We have been doing that as well and now I need to go get the paper/notebooks stuff.

The dieting is going great. I'm up a little this week. I think it is doing no exercise or water over the weekend and I'm ovulating this week. Do any of you find that weight gain time of the month for you? Most annoying to gain during TOM and ovulation!!

I retain water during ovulation too and I get SUPER hungry! I am up now cause of tom and am really mad.

I'm making a yummy chicken stir-fry tonight and putting it over whole wheat rice. I love this meal and all the fresh veggies in it. Can't believe there was a time that the only veggies I ate came out of a can.

I love doing that. Went to smart n final over the weekend and got a stir fry marinade, 2 orange chicken marinades and a sweet n sour one, also another sweet n sour one but this one is the one with the pineapples and bell peppers in it.

ReddyToGo:

Good to have ya! I am more prone to carbs although I love a good slice of pie and when I had gained some weight back we were making alot of home made pudding! I can melt into sweets but they are more resistable to me if they aren't around, where as breads are very hard to resist for me.

You could try non fat milk in pudding, making some desert recipes with sweet n low, or splenda. I try to watch the artificial sweetners myself.

Okay so I am doing good today. My cals are winding up at 1638 cause dh wants pudding. A treat we don't have often and it is still below 1700. Even if I ate 1890 cals today, I would still be on track to lose 2 pounds this week. Cause my normal maintenance cals are 2201, and I walked 90 minutes today, my maintenance cals are at 3051. WoW! So 1638 is even less than that. Not bad. I portioned out the spaghetti, 1.5 servings of mostaccioli, 1 cup sauce, one french roll with 1 tbs butter, the 1 tbs was plenty! Added some parmesan and parsley and onion and garlic powder. MMMMM...Oh my! I was so proud of myself for portioning it out too!

I could easily of eaten double. lol And my tummy was still rumbling at me. But I said, hey I still got pudding later!

I am feeling fine now. Don't even feel the need for anything else and am tempted to not eat the pudding. But then I tell myself the 1638 at my weight and activity level is still great. So.......:D

It is nice to know I can have pasta and garlic bread and pudding and still stay in cal limits, ya know?

Jasmine31
08-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Oh and since we are getting the group back going again with lots of us posting. We will change back to a weekly thread. Last month we had 5 pages all month. We are 7 days in this month and are at 6 already. Hooray!!! Don't worry though, we will leave a link toward the end for the new thread. I will probably start it sunday, or monday.

stopeating
08-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Oh my gosh, all of these new faces and some very familiar ones. I am so excited to hear from all of you!

SDgal - I haven't weighed myself in over two months! I got on the scale today but I wouldn't take my hand off the counter. lol I know what a goof, but at least I got closer. We can do this!

I wanted to post to everyone but there is too many. :carrot: This is a good problem. I love all of those wonderful recipes. Keep them coming...I love the sweet stuff. I'm bad, I skip meals and eat the sweets sometimes. :o

Well my pedometer is at 9330 so far. I got to get to 10,000. It's really humid today and walking outside was not so pleasant.

I have the whole family eating healthy. There isn't much choice, cause there's not a lot of bad things in the house. :D We are learning healthy habits together.

Ladiibbug
08-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Hi Rhighlan86 ~

Wow, with college, getting into grad school, work + having a relationship ... that's a lot to handle!!

I agree with someone else who mentioned the importance of taking care of yourself, especially with a hectic schedule like yours! Yoga, a long quiet bath, reading time, meditation ... whatever brings you 20 or 30 minutes of peace and quiet.

Stress (good or bad) can manifest as bodily pain, or make pain worse. So destressing by exercise, physical therapy, or even walking might help.

Good luck with your studies. A Sr. in college ... congrats to you on that super achievement :-)

Hope it cools off for you. We in Northern California are very lucky to be having an unusually cool summer. Not over 95* yet *whew* It's usually at least 100-105 (or higher sometimes). It's in the high 80's ... awesome to be able to get out of the air conditioning and be outside!

Today was better....I got on the scale this morning (after I had eaten 2 meals and been out and about for a while around 12pm) and I was down to 187. Or so it seemed. I really need to get a digital scale, the one I have....no clue at the moment what it's called, but it drives me crazy. I want exact! lol. When my money gets here I am definately getting a new scale :carrot:

It's been a crazy crazy day here though......terribly hot too...upper 90's for WV thats hot! What's it like where everyone else is?

lodyangel
08-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Hi all. Did better today, well with the calories anyway. Here's what I ate today.

S/F Jello 7
3/4 Coke (to help w/headache) 100
Sb cranberry chicken salad 290
sweet tea 120
SB cranberry chicken salad 290
(yes...again! I was having a craving!)
1/2 cheese pizza 700

Grand total for the day 1507! Not 1400 but better than yesterday! So WHOOO HOOOO!

SD Gal: It doesn't matter what you gained back all that matters is that you are back! Your goals are completely attainable. To make you feel a little better about the way you look now...I am 5'9 and my goal weight is 155. You are not that far from my goal weight! Keep your head up. You can do this!

Miss Elizabeth: Welcome! I have 4 kids; 3 boys ages; 16, 9 and 3 and one beautiful daughter age 6. I am a single Mother, so I know how hard it is to find time for yourself. My new mantra is "I can't take care of anyone else if I don't take care of myself."

Well I am off to bed before I get my second wind and can't sleep. See you all tomorrow!

Ladiibbug
08-07-2007, 10:48 PM
:welcome: The SlimMe, Miss Elizabeth and Hi to Everyone else ... from another newcomer here!

Looking forward to hearing about your journeys and sharing ideas!

Ladiibbug
08-07-2007, 11:02 PM
:woops::welcome2:Hi Reddi!

I have a huge sweet tooth! Candy bars, doughnuts, pies ... Albertson's has a surplus bakery rack and I was a faithful customer ...

To my big surprise, in just a month or so of a huge decrease in sweets, my craving for them is going away quickly. I've had a few candy bars and a couple of doughnuts -- for me, that's amazing. I could demolish a pie all by myself in one sitting :blush:, and I did that often.

Rice cakes have about 60 calories, no fat, and lots of flavors - they are satisfying, too. I bought yogurt/berry, caramel, cinammon, even a peanut butter/chocolate variety (Quakers) that surprisingly has the same 60 calories per cake. (The store brand was much cheaper and is just as good as the name brands.)

I've been snacking on 100% whole wheat bread, too. A complex carb, 110 cal. per slice and it's slightly sweet. Very low fat too. (With no jam)

Hope to see you around HHCC!

ReddyToGo
08-08-2007, 12:16 AM
You girls had some great ideas!! :carrot: So, from the sounds of things, I need to cut back on sweets a fair bit to make things easier in the long run, and then go out and get some healthy snacks! :) It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that could never cut out sweets completely. I think I just might die... ;)

the slim me
08-08-2007, 08:34 AM
HI All, I think giving up anything just makes you crave it that much more. The single bite size candy bars are good to have around if you "need" something sweet. I plan a break every day, in the afternoon. I have my cup of tea and a small serving of something sweet. It can't have over 100 calories, but there are lots of things you can have for that 100 calories. I usually have 1 small piece of dark chocolate, but some other things are the 100 calorie packs, which include many things now. L/F L/C pudding is another, and even little Debbie makes some cakes that are 100 calorie. It's a challenge to find something, and I look forward to it.

Someone mentioned shin pain. Be careful and don't get shin splints! They can put you out of the game for awhile. Our rehab Dr. at work showed me a couple of exercises to do that will help, and they are simple. Stand facing a wall and put your hands on the wall. Lean into the wall untill your face touches it, keeping your feet flat. You get a good stretch that way.

Everyone have a good day. Remember, we're not only getting thinner every day, we're getting healthier.

ChubbyChick72
08-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Hi everyone..
I'm new to this group..I'm trying to lose 50 pounds the healthy way..no pills, no surgery..those are for wimps. :nono: I just started walking for exercise this past Monday so I haven't been doing this very long. Im really bad about not staying motivated to stick with anything and end up quiting 2 weeks into it. So I'm looking for people that can give me inspiration, motivation & advice.

Looking forward to meeting ya'll!! Good luck with your weight loss goals. ;)

Ladiibbug
08-08-2007, 11:58 AM
*waving* Hi Chick72 ~

Nice to meet you! Walking is great exercise. Keep it up and soon you'll notice how much better you feel in general ... more energy, our bodies love the fresh air and movement ... plus begin to lose weight!

Looking forward to reading about your journey!

Rhighlan86
08-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Ladii bug thanks for all the advice. I journalled today and that made me feel better and then I tried my yoga video. I didn't really like the video that much...too much about finding your inner self and breathing and ugh.....not for me I'd rather have a good old hardcore workout lol. I like it for the stretching, but I think I need to find one thats less about the breathing and inner person and more about the stretching. I heard the firm has a good video for that. Also, this week I was less stressed as soon as I turned my paper in. I still have two more tests one very important one not so much, but they aren't stressing me out as much. Not yet anyway....wait til friday and I'll be freaking ;)

Thanks for the congratulations too! I appreciate it . It's funny when I left high school for college I was sad about it ending and something new. Now I am excited...I'm ready for the next step so I can actually get a job doing what I want to do. Although it may be another 2-4 years before that happens. I'm excited too that I will never again have to take a class that I hate just b/c the school thinks it will be good for me i.e Calculus....grrr....lol

As for the weather here it cooled off quickly about 30 min after my post it poured and cooled off lol. Works for me.

Ladiibbug
08-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Progress Report:

Drove my walking routes to get mileage. I want to set a monthly walking goal. One route = 1.0 miles, longer route = 1.4 miles. Have begun to record which route & time taken to walk it on calendar.

One big obstacle down: Maybe silly, but I HATE to sweat! Just hate it! It's OK a couple times a week doing strenuous yard work (which I enjoy), but to walk fast enough to sweat ... :mad: Now I realize that's a good thing ... fat calories are being burned.

Found an incredible sale on Victoria's Secret 100% cotton pants - ($5.99 each!). Lounging/PJ/casual, I bought a black pair and a blue pair. Drawstring waist, XL.

I've needed new pants SO badly, but could not deal with having to buy an even larger size than a year ago.

I can finally face adding my long term goals as a ticker in my sig and seeing that # regularly :) Will do that today.

Reading Fitness for Dummies from library. Will try to get a permanent copy from Paperback Swap or buy it. Lots of great, easy to absorb info, from super basic (recommended weights) to more complicated, with some charts you can fill out and follow your progress.

I bought one doughnut yesterday. First candy/sweet purchase in a week. Actually turned down a cake sample at the grocery store (!). After reading how far I have to walk, and SWEAT, to burn off calories, I am being stingy with adding more calories to what I have in body fat to lose!!

Hope everyone has a great day! :carrot:

SD Gal
08-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Oh my gosh, all of these new faces and some very familiar ones. I am so excited to hear from all of you!

SDgal - I haven't weighed myself in over two months! I got on the scale today but I wouldn't take my hand off the counter. lol I know what a goof, but at least I got closer. We can do this!

I wanted to post to everyone but there is too many. :carrot: This is a good problem. I love all of those wonderful recipes. Keep them coming...I love the sweet stuff. I'm bad, I skip meals and eat the sweets sometimes. :o

Well my pedometer is at 9330 so far. I got to get to 10,000. It's really humid today and walking outside was not so pleasant.

I have the whole family eating healthy. There isn't much choice, cause there's not a lot of bad things in the house. :D We are learning healthy habits together.

I found an amazing WW cheesy chicken shells recipe I made last night for my family. At nine points for three shells, with zero point side veggies, it was FABULOUS and very filling. I'll have to post the recipe.

I also went to the gym again last night. I took Steve with me, and it wasn't long enough for me (I like to go for an hour). Steve couldn't do more than 30 minutes :( Poor guy. But its ok, he'll build up. :D

I agree with learning healthy eating habits for the whole family.. Yummo!! :D

SD Gal
08-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Hi all.

SD Gal: It doesn't matter what you gained back all that matters is that you are back! Your goals are completely attainable. To make you feel a little better about the way you look now...I am 5'9 and my goal weight is 155. You are not that far from my goal weight! Keep your head up. You can do this!

Well I am off to bed before I get my second wind and can't sleep. See you all tomorrow!

Aw, thanks!! :hug: I am glad to be back too :D I am really looking forward to getting back into the 150's.. the first time I hit 159 I was simply thrilled. I got down as low as 154, but only for a week or two and then I got very lazy. I'm glad to be back on track. Excersizing has exhilirated me.. I feel like I'm accompishing something and that's what matters. As soon as I see a physical change, I will feel even better about myself. ;)

Have a super day!!!

Love,
Michelle

Rhighlan86
08-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Oh and ReadytoGo I thought of another sweet treat that is awesome for the calorie conscious. Sugar Free Fudge Pops. Yum. I think they are along the lines of 60 calories and if you didnt happen to like the taste of the sugar free the regular are only 100 calories.

MissElizabeth
08-08-2007, 03:27 PM
hello everyone =]]
i have a question...
does anyone know of any low fat desserts?
i have a sweet tooth and just thought id see if anyone knew of any??

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w2Uzmu1/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2Uzmu1/)

:carrot: one for each 10 lbs!!

Jasmine31
08-08-2007, 03:31 PM
I'll read later, just ran in quick, busy day. Took dh to work at 6:00 a.m. , came back walked for 100 minutes. Had doc apt for son this a.m. as he hurt his finger on the spoke of his bike, that took 2 hours! But just in time to run for an 11:00 wic apt. That took 10 minutes thank God. He needs an x ray to make sure the spoke didn't go in. So I ca,e home to grab pb sandwiches and kefir and water then its off to tow, to see dh for 30 minute lunch, then hospital. Hopefully I have time for walmart too.

Didn't get to the pudding last nite. I screwed it up. I normally make pudding from scratch, 6-12 cups of mix at a time. Then just pull from that. It was straight cocoa! And I wasted 5.5 cups milk making pudding that had no sugar in it! Blech!!!! hahahaahah

Had popcorn instead so wound up at 1649, not bad, 4 day average is still 1520 or so.

Anyhow food is going great today!

Good luck everyone!

SD Gal
08-08-2007, 04:50 PM
hello everyone =]]
i have a question...
does anyone know of any low fat desserts?
i have a sweet tooth and just thought id see if anyone knew of any??

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w2Uzmu1/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2Uzmu1/)

:carrot: one for each 10 lbs!!

Skinny cow ice creams.. yummmmo!!! And.. fat free jello or pudding, also VERY yummy!

JasonsLea
08-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Hey everyone! Down 2.2 lbs this week.

Ladiibbug
08-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Hi Jasmine ~

What's kefir? How's your son's finger? Poor kiddo!

I laughed yesterday at your "I have 5 kids, please don't come to my house without calling ...". True for me, too! I have no kids, but two dogs ... dog toys allll over, dog hair in the corners, baby mattress in the middle of the living room (to put their dog pillow on).

ReddyToGo
08-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Oh and ReadytoGo I thought of another sweet treat that is awesome for the calorie conscious. Sugar Free Fudge Pops. Yum. I think they are along the lines of 60 calories and if you didnt happen to like the taste of the sugar free the regular are only 100 calories.

FUDE POPS! Now that I can diet with! :D Thank you!

ReddyToGo
08-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Progress Report:

One big obstacle down: Maybe silly, but I HATE to sweat! Just hate it! It's OK a couple times a week doing strenuous yard work (which I enjoy), but to walk fast enough to sweat ... :mad: Now I realize that's a good thing ... fat calories are being burned.

I hate sweating too, and have the propensity to do it a lot. I ended up buying one of those moisture wicking tops from target. They look tiny, but they stretch a lot, and they keep the fabric from sticking to me (I always wear tshirts on top of them). Maybe that would help make you more comfortable when you're working out?

Soldierplusone
08-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Thank you for your invitation, I think I'll accept!!!

stopeating
08-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Hey everyone. I had a great day! I drank 8 bottles of water!!!!! That is soooo good for me. Of course I feel like I am going to float away and I didn't even eat lunch because I couldn't put anymore in me. But you are talking to a person who doesn't drink 8 bottles of water a month! Still doing well on the exercise but I think I need to pick it up a little and challenge myself. Food is great today with no lunch too. ;)

Tomorrow my son will get his first driving lesson with hand controls. He is so excited! He is so independent and he can't stand that he hasn't conquered driving. He goes off to college in less than 2 weeks. I've always pushed him, but I'm a little nervous this time and he's the confident one. Oh well, it's the way it should be. I worry about people taking advantage of him, getting stuck in the snow (tons of snow), accessibility, etc. You know a man died outside of his own apartment building because he dropped his keys and could not reach them? People heard him but didn't investigate. Now those are the things that go on in my mind. But my son is very able bodied and can move with crutches and crawling. We are so incredibly fortunate and I'm going to have to quit thinking all of these thoughts. :dizzy: Thanks for listening to me ramble with all of my inside demons.

lodyangel
08-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Hey guys. Sorry I was MIA today, but I was busy, busy, busy getting the classsroom in order. My calories today were 1587. Not toobad. Did not work out today. Just no time and it was so hot outside. 99 degrees and about 80% humidity! Yuck! I am getting up early and running before going to work in the morning. So off to bed with me. I will chat more tomorrow! It is really cool to see so many chicks here! We are over 8 pages!!!
\
(((HUGS))) to all!

stopeating
08-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Final count yesterday - 400 calories and 8 bottles of water. I know the calories need to come way up but its the first time in so long that I didn't binge in the evening after being good all day so I feel good. Oh I didn't tell you the reason I am loving the water is that Crystal lite stuff 5 calories a package. I know it's not straight water but you are talking to a girl who takes antibiodics every day for chronic bladder infections, who just can not stomach water or milk. It's not perfect, but it's better. I finally had the guts to get on the scale and I am at 156. I am crushed. I can't change my ticker just yet, I'm in denial. It's the biggest I've been in 7 years.

Jasmine31
08-09-2007, 12:16 PM
Soldierplusone:

Welcome to thr group! I am exhausted. LONG day yesterday! More chat about it later. I am almost too tired to typoe and my dh is sitting next to me. Probably wants to play a video game. lol

Stopeating:

It is going to be okay! I like crystal light on occasion too. Have you tried plain green tea? I love it and it is very refreshing. Is it you don't like tap water? We have a filter on our tap water.

156? *BIG HUGZ* You are going to get that number down! Where did you see that number at? Your scale? A store?

Well As all know I started the month at 210, tom hit and I balooned up to 213 monday!, was 212 yesterday and 210 today. BUT STILL. We are 9 days in and I have been doing pretty damn good this month! I should be 208 by now. uggghhhhhhhhhhh...not happy! Maybe my body is still shaking this water weight off. We will see sunday. grrr.r....

more later.

Jasmine31
08-09-2007, 01:05 PM
stopeating:

I have the whole family eating healthy. There isn't much choice, cause there's not a lot of bad things in the house. We are learning healthy habits together.

That is the best way to do it. That is what I do although I let them have more treats. I will buy stuff I can NOT stand, like once a month they each get a bag of hot cheetos. Nasty! I make muffins from scratch and add in bananas and walnuts or blueberries. I am fine having one on occasion but I noticed the minute I throw in choc. chips, I had 6 in 2 days! (during my back sliding mnonth! lol) So now I throw peanut butter chips in there, I hate those! lol

Ladiibbug:

I am in So. Cal but ws born in San Luis obispo and lived in Cambria. But just for a few years.

lodyangel:

You are doing great on your cals hun! We can do this!

Ladiibbug:

Yeah the more whole foods I eat the less bad foods I crave.

ReddyToGo:

Sometimes I tell myself that I can have one desert a week. Some people work it into their plan like a 100 calorie dessert once a day. Just depends what you want. :D

the slim me:

HI All, I think giving up anything just makes you crave it that much more.

I agree. I have spent the last 2 years slowly changing my eating habits but I have always consistently eaten out on average once a week. That keeps me sane, knowing I can have that pizza or burger.

Remember, we're not only getting thinner every day, we're getting healthier.

Exactly. That is my primary focus, a great reminder when the scale isn't moving. Cause even if I ain't losing, I am not gaining and I am keeping my body healthy with nutritious foods and walking.

ChubbyChick72:

Hi everyone..
I'm new to this group..I'm trying to lose 50 pounds the healthy way..no pills, no surgery..those are for wimps.

Glad to have you join us! I understand why you would think surgery would be the easy way but actually that is a very tough call to make. My best friend had the surgery and yeah, I was a teensy bit jealous she went from 300 down to 150 in 1 year while it has taken me 2 years to take off 70. And I am sitting here at 210!

But you know what? I knew when she did it that I could never do it.

1. I am mortified of pain/surgery/possibility of complications/dying. I KNOW that you will only have a tiny bit of food to eat for the rest of your life, so just eat a tiny bit now! lol Really, how good can that be for your body, only being able to eat a tiny bit, messing with your internals and then only being able to absorb a small amount of food? :(

Surgery is not an easy out, after it you still need to retrain your eating patterns. 10% gain it back cause they are not able to do so. SO why not rethink your food/exercise now?

No matter how bad of an idea I thought it was I have been supportive cause that is my job. She lives 70 miles away so I do not know every little detail but this woman has been thru ****!

The doc screwed her surgery up. She eats vicodin like candy, is on 14 different medications, is in pain any time she eats and has to take vicodin just TO eat. She has ulcers now, her legs retain up to 10 pounds of water at any given time, she now has a hernia in her tummy area.

None of the docs know what to tell her. One even mentioned ulcer disease? She is almost 2 years out. Her main doc wants to reverse the procedure but she refuses cause she is afraid it will be all for nothing.

I could go on and on but you get the jist. Something is really wrong with her right now and she does not know whether or not she will be in pain for the rest of her life. :( That is NOT easy. :(

Surgery is not the easy way out. Although I would never encourage someone to have the surgery and I think the chances of it going very wrong are enormous, it is not my body. I know what pushed her over the edge was her doc telling her she may be developing diabetes. THAT is very scary. I am not in those peoples shoes and if they could "diet and lose" they woukd of. I know for many of them surgery is the LAST resort. :(

We are not in their shoes and they are not in ours. If they could just eat less, move more, they could probably lose too just like I have, but you know what? This battle is not just physical, it is psychological.

It took both my parents dying young and being diabetic for me to get it thru my thick head that weight and disease are tied together. That is my biggest motivator. Til then I just thought it was an issue of "looks" and I did not care enough when it was just about that.

Im really bad about not staying motivated to stick with anything and end up quiting 2 weeks into it. So I'm looking for people that can give me inspiration, motivation & advice.

This is your motivation. You don't want to go see your doc and have him say you are diabetic. Or that you have cancer, or heart disease, or high blood pressure.

Ladiibbug:

Drove my walking routes to get mileage. I want to set a monthly walking goal. One route = 1.0 miles, longer route = 1.4 miles. Have begun to record which route & time taken to walk it on calendar.

That is great I have my stats for 2 years!

One big obstacle down: Maybe silly, but I HATE to sweat! Just hate it! It's OK a couple times a week doing strenuous yard work (which I enjoy), but to walk fast enough to sweat ... Now I realize that's a good thing ..

Walk in the a.m. and don't walk that fast. I walked for 90 this a.m. and barely started breaking a sweat the last 10 minutes.

Found an incredible sale on Victoria's Secret 100% cotton pants - ($5.99 each!). Lounging/PJ/casual, I bought a black pair and a blue pair. Drawstring waist, XL.

CUTEEEEEEE!!

SD Gal:

Great job on the gym stuff!! Post the chicken shells recipe!

BRB w/ more responses.

Jasmine31
08-09-2007, 01:19 PM
JasonsLea:

You are down? that is great! WTG!

Ladiibbug:

Hi Jasmine ~

What's kefir? How's your son's finger? Poor kiddo!

Thanx for asking. Poor thing. Well we are worried the spoke broke off and went inside his finger. I have not looked at the finger, that is Joe's job. lol We will get results today. She said the nail may never grow back right. :(

I will link you in a few minutes about the kefir!!

Your doggies sound cute!!! You should post pics!

stopeating:

Great job on the water and food!

I am excited your son is getting ready for college and is doing better! Good luck on the driving.

You know a man died outside of his own apartment building because he dropped his keys and could not reach them?

How did he die though?

Feel free to ramble all you want!

lodyangel:

Hey guys. Sorry I was MIA today, but I was busy, busy, busy getting the classsroom in order. My calories today were 1587. Not toobad. Did not work out today. Just no time and it was so hot outside. 99 degrees and about 80% humidity! Yuck! I am getting up early and running before going to work in the morning. So off to bed with me. I will chat more tomorrow! It is really cool to see so many chicks here! We are over 8 pages!!!

Yeah i was super busy yesterday too. Great job on the cals!!!

BRB w/ my updates.

Jasmine31
08-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Okay so seen joe at lunch at 12:00, he works at the park so the 2 kids I brought had fun playing. Didn't feel like taking son to the hosp. by myself and joe gets off at 3:00 so he said to wait.

so we ran to the grocery store and I tried to take a REALLY long time but at 2:30 was out of there, didnt want to wait in the heat so I planned on going to the grocery outlet and see if there was anything good but I seen the thrift store over there and thought, Ill see if they got anything good.

Now normally I am not a thrift store shopper. Although I think its a great idea. My best friend is and I think it has to do with the fact that before I had my first child, (14.5 years ago)I went with my friend and I thought I was having a boy, had a girl and had clothes I could NOT take back. All the stuff I bought at the reg. store I could. So that has always stuck in my head, ya know?

So usually every year we get our income tax check and go a bit hog wild with the kids with clothes shopping, I usually get double the amount of socks and underwear and save them for 6 months later cause by then they lost them, etc. I try to get an assortment of summer/winter stuff. Once in a while Ill pick up a few items here or there as needed.

Sometimes during the summer, my aunts and my grandma will chip in and get the kids a few new outfits, though I never ask and its not expected. They live about 70 miles away. Christmas they get a few new outfits too.

Well my eldest dd decided she hated all her clothes, even the brand new stuff she has had as gifts from my aunts/grandma/xmas, on easter my grandma bought a new bloiuse for her, and a dress for the girls, a nice shirt for the boys. You get the picture. She basically decided in january this year she did not want to wear anything but black!

So I said, okay, wait til we get our tax check and I will go but you black pants/shorts, shirts, etc.

So march came and I did. But she did NOT want to go with us. Now, my eldest dd is big. 300 lbs big and yes I am working with her as much as shell let me on it and she is under docs care. She did NOT want to go to the store. She said she wanted the shirts big, black. Okay so I did my best and got her walmarts 3x and no print on the front, etc. So she wears them for a while and then she decides she did not like the way they fit and the sleeves weren't long enough. She wanted new clothes in june.

Well I am sorry, we are not well off and I am not going and spending $150.00 just on you when you just got new clothes a few months ago. Wear the clothes! uggghhhhhhhhhhhh.....

So she tells me I can go to the thrift store and get her some stuff. Hmmmnnn...a novel idea. Well it seems like we would almost have to since most stores don't have a range of clothes for 3x, only walmart and she already has all the black shirts from there and doesn't want to wear them!

I can't believe she would rather wear thrift store clothes than walmart clthes. *sigh* The shirts were 2.50-3.00 not bad, get as many as you like and don't come crying to me about clothes! lol

Well I started thinking about myself, with losing weight. I generally try to get a few things in a size and then not too much more cause I am in the process of losing. So I started thinking, maybe I should get some stuff too! So I stopped by the goodwill. Well I must say I think some thrift store prices are rediculous! They want like $7.99 for a simple dress!!! I think I even seen some $11.99 racks! For womens cotton tops they want $4.49!!!! Were not even talking blouses, just cotton tops! But I did see something. I guess every week they have a "special" That week it was adult shorts normally $4.50 on sale for $1.99 so I flipped thru the rack and actually found kass a pair of black ones. And I found me 2 pairs of calvin klein short overalls in a size 14!!!(I can squeeze into a 16) I found another no name brand of shorts for a 16 which I can fit so i grabbed them and they look good. No holes, tears, stains.

I still wanted some dresses though and went to target and found a black one for 19.99. I LOVE it. and I got an awesome little dress normally 25.00 on clearance for 12.99!!!

Went to walmart last weekend and got the middle two kids some uniforms for school, white shirts they want. Found karolina white shirts for $3.00 each! I think the thrift store prices are like 2.29 for shirts and pants and some stuff up to 3.99, not sure what. Maybe dresses? . See? that is what I don't get.

White shirts would be 2.29 for USED at a thrift store yet you can pay 3.00 for a brand new one at walmart. I guess its just kind of hit and miss.

So with that in mind and 30 minutes to kill yesterday. I went to the thrift store instead of the other groc. store. I thought maybe they will have a super sale on jeans for me and Ill get a pair or two. They had a super sale on kids clothes! Every thing is .99 cents this week!!! Now the kids got their clothes already for school and have to wear unifoms and of course they have plenty of other clothes too but I have noticed karolina is getting a little belly since march.

Not to mention when they go to their dads I absolutely cringe sending stuff wondering if it will come back!

I refuse to buy anything that looks "worn", faded(unless its supposed to look that way, lol), torn, ripped, dirty, stained, etc. Well I actually found 2 pairs of Levis for my eldest son Chris! A nice pair of wranglers, several nice dress shirts, a spiderman shirt and a billabong shirt, a few pairs of shorts. Pretty much the same for c.j.

For katy who is 3 I found 2 pairs of shorts and a few shirts, not much in her size. I did find a care bear pants outfit for winter.

But I was completely floored by what I found for karolina who is 9. There was a TON of REALLY cute stuff in her size and we are talking name brand, the gap, guess, jordache, bongo, bebop, old navy, mary kate and ashley, sideout, union bay, mudd, etc.

Really nice THICK sweat shirts, but the cutesy ones in pinks, blues and purples by old navy, gap, sideout.

Tons of shorts, pants, skirts, shirts, long sleeve shirts a jean jacket, a mary kate and ashley jean jacket. I could go on and on I was floored! I grabbed a cart and started loading them all up!! I had 2 carts completely full, mainly in stuff for karolina. When joe called he works a few blox from there i told him I wasn't leaving and he better walk. hahahaha

He wound up taking cj to the hospital and to get his med. while I shopped. I could NOT believe all the really great stuff they had! Now it is tedious cause you have to wade thru all the crap to get the good stuff and the sizes etc but it was worth it. These clothes were in excellent condition. Can you imagine a shirt with a white back ground and not one stain on it. Probably not for long. lol

Anyhow the total wound up at 97.00. 80% of it was Karolina's. Yeah I could of evened it out but to do so I would of had to get the boys some crappy clothes and why bother? I would rather get all the great clothes and just get those. I think she needs a new closet. muahahahahahahahaahah

Got home at 7:30!!!! And I stayed on plan! We had home made burgers and oven french fries. I was VERY tempted to just get fast food especially since I was exhausted but we didn' I was so proud of myself. I came in at 1575 but still need to add in some katchup, so maybe 1600? I also walked 100 minutes yesterday. anyhow thats all for now!!

SD Gal
08-09-2007, 02:40 PM
12 shells uncooked jumbo shells
1 1/2 cup canned tomato sauce
2 medium egg white(s), lightly beaten
1 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
4 oz chicken breast, cooked, skinless, diced
3/4 cup chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained of excess water
1 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp ground oregano, or other Italian seasoning
3/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350ļF.
Cook manicotti shells in boiling water according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent them from cooking further. Set aside.

Coat a 9 x 13-inch pan with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup of sauce evenly over bottom of pan and set aside.

For filling, in a large bowl, stir together egg whites, ricotta cheese, chicken, spinach, garlic powder and seasoning. Stir in 1/4 cup each of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.

To assemble, spoon cheese mixture into manicotti shells and place filled shells in a single layer in baking dish. Spread remaining sauce on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses and bake about 30 minutes. Yields 3 shells per serving.

I actually made a few extra shells. Iím glad I did, too because several of them were destroyed in boiling. These are very filling and VERY good.

lodyangel
08-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Jasmine: Congrats on your thrift store shopping trip! Don't you love finding deals?

Stop eating: 400 calories is NOT enough! Jasmine can run your numbers to see exactly how much you should be eating. Congrats on NOT binging. Doesn't that feel good, to have some control? Just make sure you up your calories some!

Soldier: Welcome to our group!

Gosh! It is hot! I got up at 6:00. Got the kids off to school laid back down, got up at 8:00 and got Ds3 up and to Mom’s and then I went and ran. At 8:00 in the morning it is already 80 degrees!!! I don’t know what the humidity is but it has to be high because I stepped out the door and instantly was covered in sweat. I hadn’t even taken a step yet!! There is a chance of rain. *on my knees praying* “Oh please let it rain!” I had to water my plants this AM they were looking mighty pitiful.

Well I did the last day of week 3 C25K. It was great. My shins didn’t hurt. There were tiny aches and pains occasionally but it was good. My last 3 min were up a hill. UGH! But even though it hurt like **** I wouldn’t let myself quit. That marathon I want to run one day will have hills, ****...life in general has hills! I might as well get used to dealing with them. I kept telling myself that my hamstrings and calves screaming in pain were actually muscles being built. That seemed to get me through and up it. You have to think of the payoff.

Calories yesterday were 1587. Decent. I did not work out. I had planned to, but life got in the way. I got tired and it didn’t get done. No biggie. I worked 2 days a week off into my August exercise goal, so I should be okay. No more slacking for me though! Which means tomorrow I have to get up at 5:00 Am to get my workout in. UGH! School starts for my class tomorrow so no more going in to work whenever I please. Tomorrow a schedule starts! YUCK! This also poses a very real problem…

I need to work out in the mornings before work. The sun doesn’t start coming up until after 6:00. I have to leave to get to work at 6:45. So I was thinking that to get my running in. I get up at 5:30, get the kids to Mom’s hop in the car, drive to the park. The sun should be coming up by then...do my run, hop back in the car, get to work...freshen up, change and off to my day. Sounds good. But I am not sure it will work. I don’t want to wait until evening, becaue as hot as it is now. I would have to run at 8:00 and it’s still over 80 degrees and by 8:00 I am usually wiped out. So realistically I know it won’t get done if I wait til then. Plus, who is going to give my kids their baths and get them into bed? UGH! I have gotta find a way to make this work. I have to! When it cools off some I will run at the park after work, but until fall sweeps in...This is gonna be hard! But I am determined! No matter how tough it gets I am sticking to it!

Ladiibbug
08-09-2007, 04:47 PM
:wave: Welcome, SoldierPlusOne!

Thank you for your invitation, I think I'll accept!!!

Ladiibbug
08-09-2007, 04:54 PM
I hate sweating too, and have the propensity to do it a lot. I ended up buying one of those moisture wicking tops from target. They look tiny, but they stretch a lot, and they keep the fabric from sticking to me (I always wear tshirts on top of them). Maybe that would help make you more comfortable when you're working out?

ReddyToGo ~

Thanks, I'll definitely check out the moisture wicking tops. I'm actually less bothered by the sweating, knowing the sweat means I'm burning calories (I think). But I'll still definitely look for the tops @ Target :-)

ReddyToGo
08-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Okay - I had a bad day. Big time. Cookies, pizza... the works. :( I can't get rid of it now, and I'm definitely stopping for the day, but I was wondering - how do you guys cope with a binge day? I tend to screw up, then keep on going, and before you know it I've eaten a whole box of Chewy Chips Ahoy...

Do you guys have any tips to get back on track after you've been derailed? Just wondering...

Another question I'd been meaning to ask everyone - What do you guys think is a healthy amount of weight to lose in a month? I'm thinking of some mini goals and would like some pointers :) .

Time to go grab some water and hit up some pilates...

stopeating
08-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Hi ReddytoGo! We were just talking about that a few days ago. I've really had to work on my mind about the binge eating. What works for me is when I eat something really bad or over ate a meal, I tell myself over and over again that it was one incident, not a day. I do not give myself the day to blow it and I may try to eat lighter the rest of the day to make up for it but I don't kick myself either. Okay I should of had 2 pieces of pizza, but instead I eat 5? Well okay that's done, but don't go eat a bag of breadsticks because I already blew the day. I have a naturally skinny sister and I've seen her out eat me. But the next day she is naturally not hungry or she doesn't eat the rest of the day. But we go to the art fair and she doesn't think anything of getting an elephant ear. But then she won't be hungry for lunch that day kind of thing

Jasmine - I weighed myself at home yesterday morning. What a sad day. But hey I drank 14 glasses of water today with the crystal lite!!! We have city water, I'm just not a fan though.

My calories are about 1100. No supper but some fat free chips and 2 100 calorie ice cream bars. We worked in a parade in our town and there wasn't any time for a meal. I had a cup of cereal this morning and a wrap with ff cheese, mustard, and pickles for lunch. Oh yeah and some tootsie rolls from the parade ;) I'm guessing on the calories but I think I'm close.

lodyangel
08-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Reddy: It's simple to deal with binges...forget them. You can't dwell on the past or you will end up binging more. Like stopeating said If you ate 5 pieces of pizza instead of 2, & if you beat yourself up over it you'll end up saying "to heck with it, the day is blown I'll eat somemore!" That is what you want to try to avoid. If you overeat forget it. Your next meal gives you an opportunity to do it right. To succeed. And once you get used to succeeding you begin to like the way it feels. Even more then the way chocolate tastes!

Stopeating: sounds like you had a good calorie day. Good job!

Today my calories were: 1112. A little under 1400 for sure but I just don't feel like eating it is so hot. So I won't feel too bad if I eat a tad over tomorrow. LOL! So tomorrow I am going to get up and go to the park at 6 AM. Wait til the sun comes up and then walk some, for about 30 minutes and then Off to work where I will freshen up. (We have a shower if I really need it.) :lol: And then start the first day with my new students. Whoever decided the first day back should be a Friday is crazy. Then by Monday they have forgotten everything you told them on Friday and Monday is like the first day all over again!

Well I am gonna get off of here. It's lightening. So i think it's gonna storm! Yay! I love storms and we need the rain!

lodyangel
08-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Swirl Stix. 48 calories, FF, non-dairy...and they are DEVINE! The cotton candy are delish! Check them out. I'm eating one and just thought I would share! Someone asked about low cal treats. This is definitely a good one.

So that brings my cals to 1160. Now I am off to bed!

Rhighlan86
08-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Today wasn't the best of days for me but it wasn't the worst either. I was doing soo good on calories for the day, but the thing is I was at 1400 at 6 and I am going to stay up until 12. Well around 8 I was starved and my boyfriend suggested us splitting a calzone and I said ok. I should've made a better choice, but honestly we dont have anything else in the apartment. We are going on vaca. so I've been clearing out everything that may go bad. Total it put me around 2000 calories for the day which is OK b/c thats where I should be to maintain. I've been eating good the rest of the week so I dont feel too bad.

As for exercise I haven't been....my reasoning...finals. I have been so focused on getting a good grade in Calc. I'm excited though because I passed Psych with a solid B. I am happy with that. Calc though I have to pass. There is absolutely no way of passing it during the semester ( i have already tried once). For some reason my college makes it ridiculously hard to pass. I guess to weed people out, I don't know, but to tell you how crazy it is the average on our exams (out of a total of 300 students) was an F. Every test. They have one person make up the exams and the teachers aren't allowed to know what is on it so that the teachers don't give us study guides. Because according to them if we know the concepts we should be able to do any problems, even the hardest ones that they pick to put on there.

I went to physical therapy today and have been told NO YOGA lol. I told him I did yoga and his eyes got huge and he said no more yoga! :lol: I can walk or use a recumbant (sp) bike, but no yoga or pilates.

Oh I need a little fashion advice if anyone would mind. I am going to NC and I want to get capris (im not comfortable in shorts) I found two pair that I like at OldNavy....my question is do I get guachos or straight leg capris? Or maybe one of each. Which would look better on thighs that are larger?

Anywho I am going to go back to watching Gilmore Girls re-runs and "studying"

ReddyToGo
08-10-2007, 01:18 AM
Hmmm... Regarding the capris, I'd probably do straight leg, but then again, who doesn't like to show off some curves now and then? If you got 'em... But either way, I don't think you can go wrong with capris.

Jasmine31
08-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Sd Gal:

Thanx for posting the recipe! That looks yummy. We have a thread around here for our recipes, if a MOD didn't lock it up. lol I'll look later.

Melody:

That marathon I want to run one day will have hills, ****...life in general has hills! I might as well get used to dealing with them. I kept telling myself that my hamstrings and calves screaming in pain were actually muscles being built. That seemed to get me through and up it. You have to think of the payoff.

You are so right. I am sure it will get better.

Calories yesterday were 1587. Decent.

Great job!

This is gonna be hard! But I am determined! No matter how tough it gets I am sticking to it!

Hmmnnn....what about your bf? No help? Right now I am fortunate the kids are out of school so I don't have to bring Katy and the stroller. Pushing a stroller is not hard, but the route I have is thru rocks and sand. For it to be on pavement we would be right by the main street with a bunch of cars, like RIGHT ON IT. NO sidewalk! ugghhhhhhh. I am not stressing. I will figure it out! Good luck to both of us!

ReddyToGo:

Okay - I had a bad day. Big time. Cookies, pizza... the works. I can't get rid of it now, and I'm definitely stopping for the day, but I was wondering - how do you guys cope with a binge day? I tend to screw up, then keep on going, and before you know it I've eaten a whole box of Chewy Chips Ahoy...

Well first what i do is incorporate one going out to eat meal a week. That keeps me sane. If I slip and have too bad of a day all you can do is pick yourself up and keep on going.

It all depends on initial weight. Like someone who has more to lose could lose 1-2 pounds a week. The closer you get to goal the harder it is.

stopeating:

I have a naturally skinny sister and I've seen her out eat me. But the next day she is naturally not hungry or she doesn't eat the rest of the day. But we go to the art fair and she doesn't think anything of getting an elephant ear. But then she won't be hungry for lunch that day kind of thing

That is my husband to a T. He is 5'10 and 145 pounds!! Sometimes he eats like a horse, and sometimes he just is NOT hungry.

I read somewhere recently that that is the difference between fat and skinny people. The fat person will continue to eat even if not hungry or if its their favorite food. BUT a skinny person will stop eating when full no matter how good it is.

That is why I am a big proponent of , if you are craving something and can't get it out of your mind, eat it, in moderation, cal count it. Then I tell myself, you want more? You CAN have more, NEXT WEEK.

That is what I have never understood about myself in the past, eating like its your last meal, like you'll never see those mashed potatoes again. KWIM?
BOTTOM LINE EAT LESS. IF WE ARE NOT HUNGRY. DON'T EAT!!!!! LOL

Jasmine - I weighed myself at home yesterday morning. What a sad day. But hey I drank 14 glasses of water today with the crystal lite!!! We have city water, I'm just not a fan though.

Get a filter on your tap, that is what we did. I think for about $30.00?

lodyangel:

Today my calories were: 1112. A little under 1400 for sure but I just don't feel like eating it is so hot. So I won't feel too bad if I eat a tad over tomorrow. LOL! So tomorrow I am going to get up and go to the park at 6 AM. Wait til the sun comes up and then walk some, for about 30 minutes and then Off to work where I will freshen up. (We have a shower if I really need it.) And then start the first day with my new students. Whoever decided the first day back should be a Friday is crazy. Then by Monday they have forgotten everything you told them on Friday and Monday is like the first day all over again!

Well I am gonna get off of here. It's lightening. So i think it's gonna storm! Yay! I love storms and we need the rain!

Sounds great! Have fun at school! I love the rain too. Yeah 1100 is fine once in a while like I was telling stopeating about dh, sometimes he eats like a horse, sometimes he don't. It all balances out for him.

Rhighlan86:

Well around 8 I was starved and my boyfriend suggested us splitting a calzone and I said ok.

Sounds yummy. Maintenance is best. At least you didn't go over.

(out of a total of 300 students) was an F. Every test. They have one person make up the exams and the teachers aren't allowed to know what is on it so that the teachers don't give us study guides. Because according to them if we know the concepts we should be able to do any problems, even the hardest ones that they pick to put on there.

Oh wow! yeah definately focus on your school first. You can always lose later. lol

I am not sure about the capris, maybe just try them on and see what looks best.

Okay well I need to hop in the shower. Cals were 1565 yesterday. Yeah me!!! and I walked 90 minutes.
Today is an apt. ugghhh and the ex called last nite and his sis is coming to get the kids tonite for the weekend. So please say a prayer for us any that do pray. For no drama and trouble with the ex.

I will chat more later.

Have a great day everyone!!

Ladiibbug
08-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Hi ReddyToGo ~

Re: Binge Day

It's OK, girl! All of us are going to binge once in awhile! Just enjoy it (briefly!) then get back to your plan! :hug:

Re: Bingeing

If it's in the house, I'll eat it. That's what I have to do to prevent binges. So no more doughnuts, cookies & Di Giorno pizzas. No chocolate, jelly, ice cream. If I allow myself a doughnut, I buy one. Same with choc. bars. I know if I buy a box and say "this is going to last you for two weeks", I'll eat them all very soon. I swear, they call out to me.

Now I have low calorie, no fat, tasty flavored rice cakes, 100% whole wheat bread, low fat popcorn instead of tortilla chips.

Maybe you could buy a low cal, low fat replacement for the Chips Ahoy cookies. Quaker peanut butter chocolate chip rice cakes have only 60 calories (10 fat calories) are yummy! $3.79 for a bag of 14 cakes. Regular store brand bags are $1.79, but they don't offer this flavor at the lower price. A bit more expensive ... but for me, it's worth the peanut butter/chocolate chip flavor at rice cake calories!

I am wild for pizza - I used to eat 2 or 3 DiG pizzas a week. If pepperoni (I'd absorb the excess fat after cooking with paper towels, but still, that didn't make it low fat ;).

Do you like cheese/veggie pizza, or lower fat varieties ... chicken/veggie/cheese, instead of the Supreme or Pepperoni? I really like the Spinach, Garlic & Mushroom pizza, and now my grocery store is stocking a couple Cheese/Roasted Veggie pizzas that are very good! Much lower fat, and I'm buying the small ones ... otherwise, it's too tempting to eat 1/2 (or more :-( of the large one in one day.

You could even add lean meat to the cheese/veggie pizza to get more lean protein and get a little less of a fat hit ... while still having pizza.

Good luck!!

Okay - I had a bad day. Big time. Cookies, pizza... the works. :( I can't get rid of it now, and I'm definitely stopping for the day, but I was wondering - how do you guys cope with a binge day? I tend to screw up, then keep on going, and before you know it I've eaten a whole box of Chewy Chips Ahoy...

Do you guys have any tips to get back on track after you've been derailed? Just wondering...

Another question I'd been meaning to ask everyone - What do you guys think is a healthy amount of weight to lose in a month? I'm thinking of some mini goals and would like some pointers :) .

Time to go grab some water and hit up some pilates...

Ladiibbug
08-10-2007, 01:31 PM
The last couple of days I've been craving pasta with garlic & parmesean cheese. I had no idea pasta, before adding anything to it! - had so many calories before joining www.fitday.com. I could eat giant plates of it. Used to, anyway.

Last month I had my first period in almost a year. Guess I'm not entirely thru with menopause. So I recognize the carb craving as The Week Before Monster :devil:

So instead of my new 1000-1300 calories, I had 2200. Not alot of fat calories, LOL, but a lot of CARB calories. But I walked and then did a strenuous two hours of yard work.

And I've been eating rice cakes & 100% whole wheat bread ALOT for snacks the last couple of days. But I figure it's better than eating pies & chips.

I noticed after eating lots of pasta how HUNGRY I was an hour later! I had veggies and lean protein, also, but still ... It finally registered in my head how too many carbs trigger the hunger thingie. Maybe that's why eating lots of pastry made me want MORE pastry soon after.

Since I began eating healthier, I've added lots more lean protein, and I think I've read that protein helps keep hunger at bay. I've been surprisingly less hungry, plus I have more energy.

Hope everyone has a nice week end!

Ladiibbug
08-10-2007, 01:45 PM
LodyAngel:

Hi :) What grade do you teach? Hope the heat & humidity gets better :-)

Rhighland86:

Woo Hoo, congrats on the B in Psyche!! And good luck on the Calc test.

What did you decide on the capris? I guess I'd go with the ones that look best when I tried them on.

Have a great vacation! :cool:

StopEating:

Gosh, did you really eat just 400 calories? Was it just that day, or regularly? I'm not a doctor or a nutritional expert, but that doesn't sound healthy :hug: Are you familiar with bodies going into starvation mode when they don't get enough calories, thus hanging on to every single calorie? You could google "starvation mode", or ask your Dr. Take Care & Happy Week End :)

SD Gal
08-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Good morning Ladies!!

I am feeling very good about myself because I cheated and stepped on the scale this morning :X ANYWAY.. I was down at 162.5 since Monday, so yes.. I have made some progress this week!

I worked out again last night, half hour on the elliptical (I swear, its obsessive) and half hour on the treadmill.. I also went for a three mile walk with my son before the gym. I got in seven miles yesterday! Cool!

My goal is still not more than one pound per week or four per month, but I am going to continue to be steady on my gym time. I just enjoy it too much. Its a nice stress reliever.

Have a super day!! :carrot:

lodyangel
08-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Got up this morning after hitting the snooze button 4 times, got the kids up and off, and then raced into town to walk at the park. I didnt get there until 6:20 AM, and the sun was already up. Monday or Tuesday, whichever is my run day, I plan on pulling out of the driveway at 6:00 to get there just when the sun is up. Today I only got in 22 mins before having to leave to get to work. MUST DO BETTER!

Today was final weigh in and the weeks average weight is 216. That is 2 more pounds gone! I will promptly change my ticker! :lol:

Life is good. ;)

ReddyToGo
08-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Congratulations, Lodyangel! Love to see that ticker go down!

Thanks, Ladiibbug - I think I'm going to get some of those rice cakes this evening, right after I go to the gym! They sound delish.

Have a good weekend, ladies. I'm going to try to get out and about more often, and see if I can't loosen some jeans up...

Jasmine31
08-10-2007, 07:44 PM
I am going to be removing my ticker! WTG Melody! Well you all know about the period mishap. I started the month at 210, then did pretty well eating/exercise wise and the TOM came and stupid me jumped on the scale! It said 213!!!! Good Lord! The next day it was 212, then next day 210. Back where I started! Yeah I know it was probably just water weight and by sunday would probably read 208 or so. But Jeez! I lost it yesterday and I killed the scale! I smashed it! It says I am 145 now. Much better! ;)

Remember the short overalls I said I got a few weeks ago? That are a tight 16 but I bought anyway? Well I got them on 7-28 and I had to suck it in and have joey button me up and they "fit" but were not comfortable and pulled tight in all the wrong places. Guess who is wearing those same shorts today out in public and looks fine? Moi'. Yeah me! I have decided that I should stick to measuring and seeing how my clothes are fitting me. Other wise that scale is driving me insane!

blondeblueeyedbeauty
08-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Ive never really posted any replies... I just like to look around the site for encouragement. Your new Hot & Healthy Challange Chicks group really caught my eye... how do I join?

Jasmine31
08-10-2007, 08:28 PM
blondeblueeyedbeauty:

Hey welcome to our group! Well every week we start a new thread and everyone is welcome to post their goals, steps they are doing to be healthy/lose weight. You can start by telling us a bit about yourself and what your plan is. :D

blondeblueeyedbeauty
08-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Just about a month ago I joined a different gym... well more classes than work out equipment... they have kickboxing, boxing conditioning, and jiu jitsu classes. It has been really great cardio and I've lost a few inches and pounds... but not as much as I should have... I think its my diet, I just have trouble with that because I rarely cook. Anyways, my goal for the end of the month is 5 pounds, and to get off my plateau!!! Wednesday I went to a live boxing match... it was amazing!!! Very inspirational since all of the guys had 8-pack abs :P

Jasmine31
08-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Hot & Healthy Chicks (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1811988#post1811988)

Okay ladies I started the new thread today since no one has posted yet today. That is the link everyone head over there and continue!

JasonsLea
08-13-2007, 10:04 AM
Morning everyone! How's everyone doing?

Jasmine31
08-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Hey! We started our new thread hun!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120179