Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 09:28 AM   #1  

Thumbs down It's Time!

Hi everyone. Hope you all had wonderful holidays and survived. I've missed you all so very much, as I always do when I go MIA.

But, it's time. It's time to move on. To let go. To rededicate myself to getting healthy and strong. It's time to concentrate on Jennifer. It's time. And am so happy about it. I've been playing with fire for too long now, and I know am over 200 lbs again. Wasn't that long ago I was weighing 188 lbs. I am sure it's around 210. But I've been too terrified to get on that scale. Soon, but not today.

I survived yet another move, now I am sharing a house with one of my girlfriends until I can find something of my own that I can actually afford without starving. I survived the holidays, which in it's self must be celebrated. But I also survived being served with my divorce papers on Christmas Eve. Talk about great timing. He has a way. But I survived it all. And now, am back. Strong. Confident. And determined. I've done it before and I will do it again!

My first commitment is to this board. I will log on everyday during the week, wether I am doing wonderful or just had a fit over a bagel. Wether I gain or lose. I commit myself to this board, and to all of my friends here. (may sound a bit too serious but I need to do this)

I am home once again, and I have a strong feeling, I won't be wandering any time soon.

Hope you all are well and can't wait to catch up!

Jennifer
Highest: 250
Now: 2??
Goal: 165
Old 12-26-2001, 04:22 PM   #2  

Default YOU GO GIRL !!

Dear Jennifer:
So glad to have you back and on board.
I hope you squished that lil elf who
delivered those papers to you on
Christmas eve..of all days.
Well, put that grinch right out of your
mind and know that we love you here,
whatever size you are. We're all works
in progress and beautiful and *&^"%$
to those who dont think so
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR
Old 12-26-2001, 07:18 PM   #3  

Good for you Jennifer! I know you can to it! Be brave, get on the scale and get it over with, you'll feel better once it's done. I know what you mean about being scared of it, but once you've done it, just remeber that 2 years ago, you were at 250, and be proud of how much you have lost and kept off! Then don't beat yourself up, just think of it as a new starting point. I spent quite a while kicking myself for gaining, thinking where I could be if only... When I decided to just have a brand new starting point, and not dwell on what has happened, or how things used to be, it seemed much easier to start over. I know you can do it!

I hope you had a great Christmas, even if Christmas Eve was a little rocky! Just remember you're not alone.

Nicole
Old 12-28-2001, 12:08 AM   #4  

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GIRL...We are all in this together..I to will be sure to jot down something each day and stay in touch with my new friends on the board..I made myself weigh today, dreading I had gained some more weight over the holidays..I currently weigh 325, your lucky you don't weigh that much..EE..Gods..I did I let myself get that big..I looked at my big ole tummy last night in the mirror and didn't like what I saw..I want to lose fourty pds by April, I will be 42 by then...Hope it comes off the belly..Take care friends...AND HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!...Your new friend...Sherry
Old 12-28-2001, 05:16 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

I am not going to add my comments to your supposed x-mas gift. AS I have never been deleted by a monirator before. However I just wanted to send your my best wishes and a big ole hug!! I will be here for 1 year in Jan. So I know your history and may I say that you have held yourself proud! "what we can't do alone , we can do together"
Old 12-28-2001, 11:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default welcome back

I too will refrain my comments from your extra Christmas present. It's good to know that you are here and ready to continue taking care of yourself.
Dawnyal
Old 12-30-2001, 10:10 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Hi friend!!

Glad to see your still here. I miss you when your not around. As for your Christmas gift, well...you'll always have something to talk about!!!!

I'm glad to see your renewed commitment. I haven't gotten back on the scale either. I go back to WW on the 2nd. It all starts then!!! I bought my new step today, so I am ready to go.

We'll all do this together, one pound at a time!
Closed Thread