Mini-Goals - One Month Progress

View Full Version : One Month Progress

gina1221
07-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Well, I am one month into my healthier lifestyle and have had several victories... scale and non-scale:

SVs:
- down 12.5 pounds
- no longer OL (over limit) on home scales

NSVs:
- tummy doesn't touch the steering wheel anymore
- feet are no longer swollen
- heartburn is gone (was having awful heartburn 3-4 days/wk)

Failed Sabotage Attempts:
(this may be a strange category, but I am surrounded by saboteurs so these are small victories as well - I have really down-played my eating changes around these people and so far it is working)
- free pizza at the clubhouse flyer laying in my chair when I arrived home from work - thanks Hon! I promptly threw it in the trash and fixed a healthy dinner.

My guilty pleasure treat: 300 (the movie) Deluxe Edition DVD - now that should keep me motivated... not that I think I can do the Spartan 300 workout but I'll suffer through watching the guys do it and maybe pick up a thing or two. ;)

I also have to add that coming across this website was a true blessing. I am here everyday and know that it has helped me immensely with staying on plan. Thank you!

Ohhkay8
07-30-2007, 11:10 AM
You are doing AWESOME Gina! And I think it's great that you rewarded yourself with a movie :). Keep it up!

FlabbyHarry
07-30-2007, 12:52 PM
wow 12 pounds gone at 1 month! imagine the next month and the next and the next .... why fastforward those months and youll be meeting your goal! :D well done ! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::c heer2:

tigerbutter
07-30-2007, 02:35 PM
:bravo:You are doing great!! Keep up the awesome work! And remember we ar here for you. :)

Doughnut
07-30-2007, 02:45 PM
Failed Sabotage Attempts:
this may be a strange category, but I am surrounded by saboteurs so these are small victories as well - I have really down-played my eating changes around these people and so far it is working

It's amazing how some people start pushing food onto you the second they realize you're serious about losing weight, isn't it? Downplaying wht you're doing is a really good idea. Well done on your fantastic start.

gailr42
07-30-2007, 03:09 PM
That is an outstanding loss for one month. Congratulations! You won't have to worry about anyone around here offering you free pizza. Maybe a free stick of celery :lol:.

Liliann
07-31-2007, 10:30 AM
:bravo: on your progress!! Excellent and yes, you can do it!! and doing great, keep it going!! :)

butterflykiss
07-31-2007, 03:28 PM
Gina, great to know you stayed on track and had your 1st month victory....Awesome Job!!!!!!!!!

settie
07-31-2007, 05:17 PM
Way to go! Great NSVs.:carrot:

Ladiibbug
07-31-2007, 07:36 PM
Woo Hoo!! What an awesome start!