LA Weight Loss - July 30-Aug 5th

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : July 30-Aug 5th

Repo girl
07-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Lets have a fantastic week everyone!

smjezzy
07-30-2007, 10:10 AM
ok how do I delete the thread I created.

Repo girl
07-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Oh, sorry Shannon, we must have been posting at the same time!

I am back on the wagon this morning, consuming a POP breakfast right now! I owe it to my health to eat right. My blood sugar has been terrible this weekend, and I continue to feed it. NO MORE!

Angie- Are you out there? I have been worrying about you.

Dan2112
07-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Morning gang...

Well, as expected, I was up this morning.. Damn these weekends!!! I do great during the week, but something always gets in my way... Well, it's not always something.. It's ME ME ME!!!

Anyway, considering what was going on this weekend, I don't feel too badly..

Got into a pair of size 36's for the first time in like, 15 years.. Not too shabby.. From a 48 to a 36 in less than a year... Goodwill is littered with my cast offs! Good way to start the week, despite the weekend gains...

Now it's your turn.. Get out there and put a strangle hold on those cravings!!!

(with apologies to that Phil guy) Let's DO IT!!

Katy66
07-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Morning All!

I can tell you that 5 days of camping is not good for my weight loss plan...I was too scared to even get on the scales this morning, I was afraid I might :faint: Luckily I had everything I needed to start my TO this morning.

Other than way too much eating our trip was great. DD and I did a lot of swimming and we all (DD, DH and I) did some hiking. I'm hoping:crossed:the exercise will help balance the food:)

Since I've been offline since last week there is no possible way I can catch up on all the chatter. Hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready to start the new week POP:spin:

Dan2112
07-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Welcome back Katy!! Swimming and hiking to balance out the food intake is a good thing.. The important thing is that you and your family were out together, enjoying the great outdoors.. That FAR outweighs any minor gains you may have as a result.

The way to look at this is that you now have the power and the knowledge to deal with any weight gains in short order!!

smjezzy
07-30-2007, 12:00 PM
WTG Dan! What an accomplishment.

I'm terribly sick of the yo yo'ing that's been going on for the past couple of weeks but I must confess I haven't even been logging lately. Just frustrated all the way around. I'm happy to report that the new plan hasn't made me gain all my weight back though as I'd feared. I'm really not getting it all in but I'm trying. I will work harder this week and begin my logging again. Next week when aunt flo leaves I'll get back to the gym. I also bought a dance exercise video a while back still in the wrapper. I'm determined to unwrap it and start moving again. My son's friend is trying to get his trainers license right now. Once he gets it I might hire him. He's a muscle head though so I'm afraid he might try to kill me! "Remember when you wouldn't let Jeremy spend the night? DROP AND GIVE ME 200!!" I might have to rethink this.

On a side note I went to see the Simpsons movie this weekend and was a little surprised to see the theater FILLED with little kids.

healthy2b
07-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Hi all...sorry I've been MIA but this recovery is actually kicking my butt. I can't seem to get into a routine here at home and get fatigued really easy. I tried going for a walk early last week and I think it was too soon because I seem to have gone backward a little. But yesterday and this morning I'm feeling much better. I go for post op appointment in a couple of days. I haven't been able to eat right either. I just don't feel hungry so it's hard to eat right and I know it's going to back fire on me here really soon.

Liza - glad to hear Mini Me made it home safe and sound. Be patient through adjustment, that can be trying on the nerves....good luck.

Joni - I hope TO is going well for you today.

Dan - my DD saw Harry Potter and said it was really good, I hope you enjoyed even though you were out voted.

I send a big hello to everyone else and I hope you all have a POP week.

Katy66
07-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Thanks Dan and you are right, it was wonderful to have the time away. So wonderful in fact we are going to try to go back next month:) I'll just have to plan my meals and snacks a little better. Thanks for the words of encouragement, I'm sure I'll be back on track in no time.

PS: Way to go on your size 36's!

Katy66
07-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Good to hear from you Carrie. Recovering from surgery isn't easy so you take care of yourself!

zambejaly5
07-30-2007, 12:06 PM
I have been AWOL too long..... it has been so busy here. I am going to try to keep up this week!

3 weeks til school starts!!! YAY!! my kids are looking for it as much as I am.
Wed. is my last day for deivering flowers, Thursday I am going in to see about getting a job with the hospital. They are hireing 65 people to train to teach the new hospital software to the hospital employees. ..... fingers crossed, DH continues the hunt. I think WI is out of the running which is fine, there are some things on the horizon for local and that is good. but this is the first month that all the bills and the groceries, etc will be on Credit Card,,,,, but I am sure Polly Anna would say thank goodness we have credit cards!

Diet wise...... grrrrr... lets see. Friday was the last day I would see the owner of the flower shop because she is out this week, so she bought me a cake........ Friday night we went to a wedding rehersal dinner, (DH and DS were ushers) they served mexican and .........cake. Saturday was my DS birthday (17!!! when did that happen????) and we had........ CAKE..... then last night was the wedding...... and of course CAKE!!!!! yikes.

ok back to the program!

I am reading YOU; On A Diet,,,,, very interesting.

ok. I better get to it, this is going to be a very busy week. mon-wed deliver flowers, wed. help set up a rummage sale at our church, thursday and friday run the rummage sale and thursday night try to go get that new job. and then it will be the week end again.
Good news is somehow in all the chaos I am fitting in lots of exercise. because I want to! riding my bike, swimming in the pool. and every morning I am doing the Sun Salutations thingy that DR. OZ says to do in the You, on a diet book. it has made a world of difference.

have a great one all, hope to check in at lunch.

smjezzy
07-30-2007, 12:13 PM
HIYA Lettie! Hope it all works out for you.

Carrie - feel better soon

CandlePrincess
07-30-2007, 12:40 PM
I have figured it out. I now know why I have such a hard time on the weekends........are you ready for this????

LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have so conditioned myself to stopping and grabbing something at a fast food place that I don't stop long enough to think about it. So now to find a way to stop that....I've found the problem...now to find the solution.

I'm back OP today....and will face WI this week.....but for now...all's good!

chiquita623
07-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Good Morning Everyone. I just got back from COD. I stayed the same as last Thursday. They weren't impressed but at least it's not a gain. I was so very stresssed about the pizza thing last week so I'm ok with staying the same. They also told me I'm 3 weeks behind schedule and they're going to try to catch me up. They start the new plan this week and they'll give me my stuff on Thursday when I go WI. Right now I'm on gold w/Lites so we'll see which one they give me. They are also changing their name to Pure Weight Loss. They said that LAWL seems to make people think of just dropping weight and the new name is supposed to make people think of this as a healthy way to lose weight. Like I said, we'll see what they do with me on Thursday and I'll let you all know. Hope everyone has a POP week.

space99s1
07-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Hello everyone..

I had a good weekend of FF despite being at the hospital yesterday. I took a Lite with me for "emergency" and I ended up using it. Today, I am back on regular program. I am eager to weigh in tomorrow.. :)

I actually find it easier to stay on program on the weekends during the summer. I think that it is all the fresh veggie and fruit choices which makes it easier (I live in New England). Berries have been on sale a lot the last few weeks and as you know, those are an ideal fruit for program. One trick that I found is to take blueberries, one serving (1 c) or even two to the movies and "munch" on that instead of being tempted with movie popcorn. It works very well.

My mother is still in the hospital but they will be moving her to an acute skilled unit soon. She is on IV antibiotics for cellulitis and will need to continue that therapy for the next 2-3 weeks.

Oh well.. back to work and everyone have a great week on plan! :) Suzette

Dan2112
07-30-2007, 12:57 PM
You're right Heather.. That IS the biggest challenge.. It all gets back to this diet plan being a lifestyle change.. If you don't make a concerted effort to change your habits, it's not going to work.

We, as humans, are conditioned to get by doing the things that are most convenient to us.. On the run? Grab a quick burger. Bored? Go out and get something to eat.. We're all like this and it's a constant struggle to break out of the mold. Even when we do it successfully, it's easy to revert back to our old habits.. There's almost something comforting about them.

But it CAN be done.. And once you make that switch, after a while you realize how easy it is, even if it's not as convenient... On the run? Instead of grabbing a burger in the car, take 20 minutes to have a quick salad at Micky D's.. Bored? Actually pick up that new cookbook and plan some meals.. Then go to the store and look for the healthy ingedients... I actually have fun going down the isles looking for new, healthier things to feed the family.. (I know, I'm TWISTED!!)...

The solution is will power and dedication. It can be done, you just have to push yourself...

I don't mean to sound preachy, so I hope it's not coming off that way.. I'm no saint when it comes to staying on plan, as this past weekend is evidence. But we have to do the best we can do, as often as possible...

bayoubelle68
07-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Suzette - your mom is in my prayers! Hope she is better soon. We eat a lot of berries around here, too. I freeze blueberries for snacks. They are awesome that way!

Oh, well, back to my boxes! I have both kids' rooms packed up. The kitchen pretty much done, as is the living room. I'm working on the dining room today. I haven't packed my china yet. That's going to take FOVEREVER!!! But it's precious, so the extra time will be worth it. My grandmother gave me my china when I was twelve. It's not expensive - in fact, I think she got it at a grocery store, a piece at a time. The cool thing is that my mother AND my mother-in-law both have the same pattern! One day (hopefully a LONG time from now), I will have 24 place settings of my china!

Heavy sigh...back to my packing!!

Boo'sMom
07-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Morning all--so glad to see everyone again. Not too newsy--same ol same ol around here. Today is MAJOR housecleaning day and DD is NOT happy about it but we all live here so--ya know.

Tomorrow is packed with errands (finally get to sign my contract!--then I am official--woohoo)--feel better already. I am going to try out a new kickboxing class--never have tried one but we have a new place in town and everyone says it's great--we'll see.

Have a great one--I have got to get BUSY--this house refuses to clean itself!

Prazteam
07-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Princess Heather - Like Dan, I'm not throwing rocks at glass houses either! I know some of us have a "fall back" plan we keep on hand... For instance, whenever I leave the house, I pack a lunch box cooler (okay, it's one of those 30 can coolers!) I pack a large green salad, my salad spritzer, tuna salad, crackers or rice cakes (minis), fruit and of course, water. If I don't eat it while I'm out, I have my lunch/dinner ready when I get home or I pack it for lunch the next day. That way, I never have to do the "drive thru two step"! I keep plastic forks and spoons in my bag with napkins and 1 gallon size ziplocks to put all the trash in when I'm finished.
You can always keep a tuna kit in the car, pick up fruit at the grocery along with a salad off the salad bar (a LOT less salt than those "grilled chicken salads" at fast food places!) (Hey, did I just get a gold star from Dan?!?)

Hope all is well, gotta go for now.
Blessings,

Angie
07-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm back from a 2 week absence, and only up 1lb, so I'm taking solace in the fact that it wasn't 5lbs, even though it deserved to be so.

Katie - I cashed in on the $10 per day thingy I had been doing up to my vacation and had $50 to spend, so a bought a cute new black dress. I loved doing that, so now I'm doing another one from now to Sept 1.

Eeep! Boss just called...more later.

LizzyW
07-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Hi Everyone.

Well the kids came home this weekend after having a great time at camp. Danny got to get his Build a Bear yesterday ( a monkey name Cody). He brought him in the car with him this morning and strapped him in when we left to go into day camp. Same with Alex. They are too cute.

Well TOM is going away this week, thank goodness, so hopefully the cravings will go with it. I am still fluctuating between 173/170. But I know I can get back down there and further if I could just get control of myself. And if I am really serious about getting the rest of this weight off, I will do just that. What would I do with out Dan. He has gone down more than 10 sizes, while I have barely gone down 1. So though it makes me frustrated it also shows me that it can be done.

Well, time to get back to work, or start working that is. You all have a great POP day and I will chat with you all later.

XOXOXO
Liz

Prazteam
07-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Liz, I'm with you! DH has lost SO much more than I have, and I've got SO much more to lose. I'm so proud of him though. He's looking great and I know it's my fault that I'm not further down the road than I am. At least I'm still traveling ON the road, so I'll just keep on with the journey. The Build A Bear story is precious! Don't you just love those moments of such sweetness?!?
Hang in there Liz, you're not alone!
Blessings,

LizzyW
07-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Thanks Pearl.

I know it is my fault this time for not losing the weight. It just seems so much harder these days. Not sure why. But I have to be able to do this so that our daughter benefits from it too. She is a bit over weight and if she sees me eating junk, she will eat junk too. I heard that she was getting teased at day camp and it just broke my heart. I thought she was doing great. I was teased when I was growing up and I definitely don't want her to experience that. But I also don't want her to think she has to be super thin either. It is like being caught between a rock and a hard place, ya know. So I am going to try really hard to get my act together.

Liz

angelbretsmom
07-30-2007, 02:27 PM
hey everyone I am doing take off today and tomorrow, I went and weighed in today was up a little, but thats because of going to a birthday BBQ my friends threw for me, I ate on plan all day and even there but I did have a few coolers(2) and we roasted marchmallows which I ate i couple of those.. not to bad if I say so myself,
but I have been wrestling with the loss and gain of the same 2 lbs for the last couple of weeks so I am hoping take off kicks then off... lol

Stacie

smjezzy
07-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Liz my DS decided to "bulk up" when he went into middle school to get on the football team. Once he started high school I noticed that he went into a fitness freak mode and he drastically reduced his food intake. I worried for a while because he got quite thin but then he leveled out and he looks great now. I found out this last year (he just graduated high school) that all the reason this change came was that kids were brutal to him and his group of football boys calling them fat and making fun of them. It broke my heart to find out he'd gone thru that without saying a word but I also found solice in the fact that he dug in and fixed it himself. He did this even though I was getting bigger and bigger each year. They tend to work it out for themselves but it sounds like you and Dan are doing everything you can to encourage healthy eating habits and it also sounds like you're pretty active as well. Hang in there and try not to worry too much.

CandlePrincess
07-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Dan: you don't sound preachy......I'm married to a minister so I would know...LOL

Pearl: what a great idea! We seem to always dash through somewhere...and i do worry what that is teaching my DFS.....everyone says the same thing "he's only 2 and he will be fine" but i'm not so sure i buy it. I think if he sees us eating junky food he will want that too. He's small for his age anyway....I don't want him to be overweight too!

Stacie: it seems the last few weeks i've done the same...gained and lost the same few pounds or ounces......I just keep working to break that and get on with this weight loss!

Angie
07-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Okay, now where was I?

Katie -- Thanks for worrying about me. We're back home now, and I am back on plan as of yesterday.

Dan -- Wow you are really doing great! I think you were at 206 when I left, and you are sooo close to Onederland now. I'm sure you'll get there by this weekend, and that will be your motivation to stay POP Saturday and Sunday.

Shannon -- What did you think of the Simpson's movie? We want to see it, but I'm pretty sure we'll leave DS at home for that one.

Heather -- For me the motivation not to stop at the fast food place/drive thru window is to think of how sh!tty I'll feel when I go to WI and I'm still at the same old weight or higher. Sometimes that works, sometimes I think about what I have at home that I can make when I get there. If all else fails I'll stop for a pizza slice and call it a CC...at least you're still on plan then. You just have to figure out what will work for you.

Lea Ann -- Congratulations on your new job!!

Liz -- That's so sweet about the build-a-bear. Hang in there, you're doing great. I can't believe you've gone down 30lbs but only one size, but then that's pretty much my story too...lol. The rest will come off. By focusing on healthy choices for your body you're setting a great example for your daughter, rather than targetting a specific weight or size.

emmysmom
07-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Welcome back, Angie! It's good to see you posting again. Big congrats on that black dress. I'll bet you felt good buying it since it represented all of your hard work and dedication.

On the children topic...I was teased growing up, too...and I really don't want my DD to go through that. I've been running 1 mile/day before work and this morning my DH to DD for coffee. On the way back, he drove along side me and DD was waving and smiling. It made me feel really, really good to have her see me exercising. As parents, we set the tone for how our children grow up. Granted, we can't control everything...even though I would like to think that I can:) At least we are all aware of what we need to do now and we're doing something about it.

Liz - you have lost a whole lot of weight for only going down one size. But then again, if you're like me, maybe you wore your clothes a little too snug when you were at your highest weight. I remind myself of that fact when I feel like my clothes should be looser:) Oh...and don't you just wish that you could freeze time when your kids are so incredibly cute? There are so many times that my heart skips a beat when my DD does something sweet.

Dan - you're doing awesome! What a great feeling to fit into such a small size...WTG!!!

On a personal note, I've been feeling a little down lately. My weight has stayed the same for over a week, which I'm trying not to let bother me. I know that one week does not a plateau make, but I guess I'm just out of that "honeymoon" stage with the program. I'm chugging along, though. On Thursday, I'm going for a seaweed body wrap. Two of my friends/coworkers went last week and had it done. They lost alot of inches. So all three of us were skeptical and thought, "yeah, ok, so will it last?". Well, one of the girls just came into my office and showed me that her pants were still big on her...after a whole week! She was told that her biggest losses would be in her hip and butt area, and her "pouchy" belly from having babies. That is exactly where I need the loss. So, I'm hoping that if nothing else, it kickstarts my body/mind back into gear.

Katy66
07-30-2007, 03:09 PM
This group gets chatty around lunch time:)

Just had to put in my two cents on the subject of children and the examples we set. One of my main reasons for starting LAWL was to set an example for my DD. Not only did I want her to be healthy and not get teased about her weight but about mine either. Growing up I didn't have a weight problem but my mother was overweight and believe me there were kids who would say things. I never want DD to have to defend me.

Now that I've been on the program she is constantly helping me stay on plan. She asks me all the time if something we are eating is on my diet. It is amazing how a 4 yr old pointing out you shouldn't be eating something makes you drop it:) And she says she has a "little diet" which she describes as eating all her veggies so she can be "healfy" and "strong".

So yes to all of you out there wanting to set an example for your kids YOU ARE! Keep up the good work:)

Dan2112
07-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Thanks everyone, for the words of encouragement about our DD... I just don't understand why she's gaining weight.. We have practically no junk food at home.. We keep a few popsicles and cookies around for the kiddos for dessert, but no regular sodas, no chips or crackers.. When they snack, it's usually fruit.. At mealtimes, we don't let her go overboard on anything and she's taken to eating salads with little dressing.

She stays active at summer camp and takes Tae Kwon Do lessons. I'm going to start going on bike rides with her if she's willing...

I've always been critical of her weight, as it's been an issue with her for a while. But I've realized that I was turning into my mom and dad and the comments were more critical than constructive.. So I've dialed that back in favor of trying to help rather than hinder. Meanwhile, our DS is as thin as a rail... sigh.. it's never fair...

BarbaraB
07-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Liz, I also only lost about 1 size with the first 25-30 pounds, and then managed to drop 2 more sizes with the next 10-15 pounds. Of course I think the original size (14) varies a lot, so that has something to do with it.

Once again, I did not manage to stay OP for the weekend. My DH talked me into getting McDonald's on the way home from the gym on Saturday morning, so starting out with the sausage mcmuffin with egg, and then trying to make up for eating that the rest of the day by skipping lunch, ended up starved and out of control. Oh well, contemplating a TO for tomorrow and Wednesday.

At least I was able to silence that little voice that said, you've already blown it, why not just stop at cold stone creamery. I told myself "limit the damage" instead and that worked to stop the whole binge before it got even worse.

Yesterday was a little better, but still a little over here and there...

I just think when I try to be too perfect, I tend to just fall of the wagon hard, since I don't seem to see that whole thing coming. I should never have bought those Kashi Cookies.... At least I had a high fiber binge. LOL.

Hoping you all are having a POP day, and for those of you who go in to weigh in on a Monday morning, wow... I never was good enough to manage that one!

JLem311
07-30-2007, 03:36 PM
hey everyone. not much to report today. went back to work after my vacay. it was fine, just really didn't feel like it, but then again, who would!?

anyways, just a quick post as i'm off to workout now. it's been a while and i can't wait to get back into a routine. :)

check back later!

Joni135
07-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Lettie - so glad you checked in. I've been wondering how you were doing. So what does Dr. Oz say about doing sun salutations and how does it help?? I may need to do some too. Good luck on the hospital job....I actually work for a hospital software company...I'm curious what software this hospital bought that it requires 75 new trainees....Software is supposed to help you cut down your headcount a little...not increase it! But, hey....it's a great business to be in and if you get trained on one system, you can take that experience a lot of places. Good luck.

Stacie (or any of our Canadian folks)...what's a cooler? a beer?

Liz - I've been at this so long, with very little to show for it. I can squeeze in size 12s, but I'm much more comfortable in 14s, which is the same size I was wearing when I started (but the 14s were really tight). I guess on the plus side, if I hadn't been doing this, I would probably be 20 lbs heavier than my highest weight vs. 15 lbs lower than my higher weight. One of the best weight loss weeks I had in the past month was when I took out the cookbook and forced myself to make and try four different things. Variety and exercise seem to help me when I'm stalled. Today I got on my treadmill and did 30 minutes/2.2 miles; I mowed the entry and play area in my subdivision, laid out 6 bags of mulch, then mowed my own lawn. The humidity factor is about 90% and I actually had to change my cloths since I was drenched and uncomfortable! Surely I sweated off at least 1pound. To top this off, I'm doing TO. Right now (3 PM) I want to go take a nap! Work is really slow so I think I'll do just that!

Tina - don't you dare be discouraged...You've lost 9 lbs since we started the Chicks to the Finish Challenge.....most of us doing the challenge have only lost 1 or 2 lbs! Keep your focus and keep on showing your DD what her mom can do!

smjezzy
07-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Not sure how old your daughter is Dan but with my son he'd go in spurts. He'd put on weight then have a growth spurt and stretch out. This was actually more noticeable for me when he was in high school after he thinned out. When he'd gain I could really tell. Maybe she's just in a pre-growth spurt phase. Not sure if it's different for boys and girls though, I was always thin as a child and into the twenties then made up for it after I had my son.

Angie - Well one of the opening lines of the movie pretty much summed it up for me. Homer said something about people being stupid to pay money to watch something they could see on tv for free. It was funny but I would have been fine with renting the dvd! Now the Chuck and Larry movie was hilarious and well worth the admission price. Also not a movie to take a kid to! With everything though it's a matter of personal opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

dolphn545
07-30-2007, 04:32 PM
Hey Everyone! :wave:

Kids are funny, arent' they? Mine are always asking me "can you have that" or telling me what I can and cannot eat. Gotta love it. One of the good things since me starting this program is that they are always asking for fruit, and will eat more raw veggies as well.

I had WI today. Down 1/2 pound. Got changed from Red w/Lites to Gold w/lites. Hope it works.

My one day off this week, and I spent half of it at the laundromat. Car's in the shop. anything else can go wrong today??
At least I was eating POP so far ...

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Angie
07-30-2007, 04:38 PM
Joni – A cooler is an in-the-bottle beverage, like a beer, only it’s wine or alcohol based. You've had a busy day! I hope you got to take your nap.

Boo'sMom
07-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Wow--I can only say ditto on the kid/example setting conversation. And ditto on being a thin kid but having the heavy mom--I don't want my kids to be embarrassed of me (I feel shameful saying that now!) My 10yo DD is chunky and it kills me--she is just built like every female in my family--short and stout--at 5'6 I am the tallest by 4 inches of all the girls in my family--real giant huh?? The pediatrician already said DD will only be about 5'3 if lucky so we all see what she is up against. Like Dan I am learning to say less and do more for her--go for walks at night, no junk in the house--I just hate knowing it will be an uphill battle for her--then lucky DD#2 is built like her dad and they are guessing she will be closer to 5'7!! There is no justice...

Tina--let us know how the wrap goes--I've always been interested--and Joni is right--no being blue--you have done AWESOME!!

Hi to all--it took all stinkin day to get this house clean--now I am going to but a chicken on the grill, take a shower, and ENJOY the clean!!

juliemarie
07-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Hey ladies!

I'm back at work today . . .leaving Josie at the daycare was horrible! I pick her up in about an hour and i hope today went okay for her.

I started FF today. I've gained a ton of weight since I've been back. Staying at home doesn't agree with my waistline! I didn't even try. I ate whatever and however much I wanted. Disgusted with myself at how easy it was to give into the stress and sleep deprivation eating mode.

But being back at work and becoming officially the single working mom-I'm ready to get back on track. I hope to have the weight I gained off by xmas.

Now to figure out how to fit exercise in . . .

Dan2112
07-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Welcome back JM!!

Repo girl
07-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Yahooooo! Julie Marie is back! Sorry that you had a tough time taking Josie to daycare. It will get easier, I promise. Have a good night!

Jillibean1
07-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Hi all! I went to WI today and was down 3.8 pounds. That was for two weeks. I was very happy because I had three days during those two weeks that I was off plan. It's just so hard to get back on track if you go off...at least for me it is. I also got measured. So, I'm down 32 pounds (finally broke the 30 pound mark) and 21 inches. I'm starting to go through the sizes now. Like some of the rest of you, it seemed forever before I moved down a size. However, when I started, my clothes were very tight. Well, off to walk the dog. Have a good day!
Jill

bahamadream10
07-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Hi everyone! I hope everyone is having a great start to the long week ahead of us. The doctor that I work for is on call this week at the hospital so I have a slight break without him bugging me every 20 minutes! I started the 4 days of slimfast as my breakfast I found my new favorite flavor, capucchino delight and I put it in the freezer the night before and within 1 hour it is sorbet consistency it is to die for, the only thing is it takes me so long to eat it I keep forgetting to have my cheese stick with it do you think that matters much?
I too was a chubby child and was made fun of when I was younger and my 4 yr old dtr and 7 yr old son are taking after me and my husband is built the same way as the kids would call it he has the buddha belly which he says he acquired in college he calls it his beer belly! My kids are very conscious of when mommy goes off her diet!!!!!!!!! I have noticed they are making more healthy choices now that they see me choosing healthier and my DH has no other choice because he has to eat what I cook which is whatever I can eat which is all healthy, his only problem is that is the only meal he eats. I seriously don't know how he can go all day without eating, I would die of hunger!!
I went to my WI last week and that was the first time they was any signs of the new Pure Weight Loss, but so far they haven't changed my plan I am just bracing myself? I wonder if they are going to mark their cookbook down since it has the old name on it. I have been looking out for a reasonable price no luck so far, any advice of where I can get one for cheap I have been looking on ebay but they don't have the new purple one I want!!
Now that I have talked everyone's ears off have a wonderful week everyone.

BarbaraB
07-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Jill, that is great, over 30 pounds is quite an accomplishment and you are almost to your goal. Way to go. 3.8 pounds when you are close to goal is fantasitc.

Julie Marie, It is great that you had that time to bond with Josie, and it will get easier to leave her as it becomes her routine and the day care part of her world.

I do think that being overweight has a large genetic component, so no matter how great of an example you are for your kids, they may struggle in the same way.

My mom was very controlling about food, and that didn't work out well for me or any of my siblings, as we've all struggled greatly with being overweight and obese, even worse than my mother ever did. So all her denying us, never taught us how to be reasonable about food, it just taught us when mom isn't look eat as much as you possibly can. Of course my mom wouldn't let us eat stuff, but then she would hide candy and cookies for her own enjoyment, so I guess that is not really the best example... She just thought she could form skinny people by not feeding us, and it didn't work at all.

galachick
07-31-2007, 01:49 AM
Hello All!

I am back from a wonderful relaxing week at the beach. Although I am up a little on the scale, I am excited it isn't ALOT. It really could have been. So tomorrow I am back OP!

I was scanning the posts and read all the comments on influencing our children and had to give my two cents. I realized very quickly that my 8 year old DS is taking all this in (he can be a real "Muffin Police" at times). But I began to get concerned that I was teaching him that women have to be thin to be acceptable so I am stuck in that delicate balancing act of teaching him that eating healthy and exercising is important without him thinking women should be pencil thin. I try to discuss my diet in terms of healthy eating and exercising rather than dieting to be thin. Unfortunately, he is growing up in a society where eating disorders are no stranger to even elementary-age girls. I want him to understand it is the heart, soul and mind of a person that is important regardless of what he sees on the outside.

Just like spending quality time with your family while not being completely POP.... it's all about balance! I need to remind myself of this when I go WI tomorrow.

Have a good one,

Prazteam
07-31-2007, 02:36 AM
Liz, I totally understand what you and Dan are going through. Our 14 yr old son went through the "chubby" stage. Just started gaining weight in his torso and "baby fat" worried us. It was kinda funny though, he was more worried about being "height challenged". He played basketball, rode his bike, played soccer... still gained weight. Then he went through the video game period where he was hardly ever outside. Still gained weight.
Well, he's still into video games, not so much into basketball, NOT into soccer... doesn't ride his bike... and he's sprouted up what appears to be around 12 inches and he's thinned out all of a sudden. So for whatever purpose that info may be... I thought I'd share it. All of that happened in about the last 3 years... and he's no longer worried about being "height challenged". Now he's planning on out growing his older brother who has tormented him because he's taller and stronger... for now.
:hug:
Blessings,

Repo girl
07-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Morning everyone! My little sister is really close to labor, the Dr said that she was dialated to a 3.5 yesterday. I am just waiting by the phone with my camera and video camera all charged up. It is so exciting! I get to be in the room with her, along with my mom and older sister. Since my babies were all C Section, this is a first for all of us. I have made arrangements to take a day or 2 off work when the baby comes, so that I can be at the hospital, then also be able to clean her house, buy her some groceries, take care of her toddler, etc. I hope that you all have a wonderful day!

Oh, and I wanted to say, that I am so happy and grateful now for my beautiful, thin body.

Katy66
07-31-2007, 10:01 AM
Good morning! Well I built up my courage this morning and stepped on the scales after my 5 days of camping + 1 day of TO. I must have done better than I thought:) My BNWI showed my down 4lbs from my 7/20 WI at the COD...I know it may not last but keep your fingers crossed for me, PLEASE! Needless to say I'm energized about my 2nd day of TO and know I can stick to it. By the way, the knudsen's is so much better tasting than the LA TO. I might keep some of it on hand for a quick class in the am to get in a fruit.

Need to call my DD's doctor this am. I'm pretty sure she has a UTI. Her first one ever. Not sure what triggered it but I was very prone to them as a kid. I hope this isn't a start of issues for her. I just hate seeing her sick...would much rather it be me.

Renee- you make some very good points and being the mother of a young girl (4 yrs old) I certainly don't want her to think that she has to be rail thin to be acceptable. I talk a lot about being healthy and happy as well. Boy, being a parent is hard!!!!:)

Welcome back JulieMarie, I'm new here since you've been away. Good luck with the new job and getting started back on plan. Looking at your ticker you've already accomplished a lot, congrats!!!!!!!!

Jill, Congrats on your loss as well.

Well I better run and make that call to the MD now that they are open and see if I can get some work done before I have to leave for an appt. Take care and have a great day!

Katy66
07-31-2007, 10:03 AM
Katie - How exciting! You know there is nothing better to make all your worries and frustrations go away than holding and looking into the face of a baby:) Enjoy your time and how great of you to help your sister out! Aren't families great?

Repo girl
07-31-2007, 10:14 AM
Good morning! Well I built up my courage this morning and stepped on the scales after my 5 days of camping + 1 day of TO. I must have done better than I thought:) My BNWI showed my down 4lbs from my 7/20 WI at the COD...I know it may not last but keep your fingers crossed for me, PLEASE!

Katy- Wonderful! You deserve that loss! Now, do not say that "It probably won't last". Say, "I am thrilled with that loss, and I am going to keep it!" We all need to learn to master the mental side of WL. You have worked hard to get those 4 lbs off, no reason to give them permission to come back!

emmysmom
07-31-2007, 10:45 AM
Welcome back, Juliemarie!! :carrot: Like Katie said, the daycare thing will get easier. But then again, I still have some days where I feel like I can cry when I drop her off:( She's going to love it though...so that should help you feel better knowing that she's making lots of new friends.

Katie - Wow!!! Baby coming!!! I'll bet you're ready to jump out of your seat and get to that hospital. Make sure you post a picture of your new little niece/nephew. I love what you said at the end of your post about being happy and grateful for your beautiful thin body. That's what I need to do - refocus and be thankful for what I've accomplished.

CandlePrincess
07-31-2007, 11:12 AM
Juliemarie...wait till you have a day that you PRAY she can go to daycare! LOL that's my day today! DFS is home becasue he has visit in about 30 mins....and then the rest of the day will be a challenge because of that 2 hours of chaos.......wishing I could just drop him off at daycare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

smjezzy
07-31-2007, 11:44 AM
Morning morning and good morning. Day 2 of no rain and I have a headache to beat the band...whatever that means. Temps climbing to mid 90's, ugh. RAIN, COME BACK RAIN. Funny to walk out in my yard and sink a little because it's so saturated.

Katie - congrats on the pending new family member

Tina - I never got over sending mine to daycare. It was a major source of guilt for me. Now I wish I could send him to daycare!

Katy - sorry your dd is sick - hope it passes quickly!

Pearl - I think we noticed the same situation with the boys. I still wonder if it happens that way with girls. I'm short and didn't have a weight issue when I was younger so I have no idea if girls go thru the same cycles.

Everyone else good morning and have a fantastic day~!

Angie
07-31-2007, 11:51 AM
Welcome back Julie! How did drop off at daycare go today? If she cries when you leave, it's probably only for 2-3 minutes. Sometimes I drop DS off, and he cries, but when I peek in the window on my way out he's already moved on to play with a toy and is fine.

Jill -- Way to go on your big loss! That's awesome, and also fabulous that you pushed past your 30lb mark.

Nanette -- I have Deb's cookbook, which is far more expansive than the COD one. I can email it to you. Just PM me with your email address if you're interested.

Katie -- Can't wait to hear that you're an auntie! I am also thankful for my body, and that I can always maintain my perfect weight.

Katy66 -- Wow, great loss! Congratulations on that! I hope the appt for your DD goes well.

Shannon -- Oh, I SO hear you on the headache. I've had one for 3-4 days now, and last night I really wanted to just cut my head off. I am also praying for rain.

smjezzy
07-31-2007, 11:54 AM
angie - did you see that I added to my post yesterday answering your simpsons question? Oh and I love your new pic

Hey where's Cassi?

juliemarie
07-31-2007, 12:08 PM
Good morning! Josie's with Grandma Tues and Weds . . .so I won't take her back to daycare until Thursday.

Apparently it went okay yesterday. She was pretty fussy and upset until she fell asleep in the morning and took a 2 hr nap. They said she woke up happy and played and ate everything they gave her for lunch. She's a good eater-but since she was so upset when I left she wouldn't eat the breakfast they tried to give her. They put her back down for a nap about 5 minutes before I got there. So-I put her in the car and she never really did wake up all the way. Traffic was terrible and all told she got an hour and a half nap. My mom was at the house when we got there so when she woke up it was like xmas! Both Momma AND Grandma? yay!

I'm way exhausted though. 3 nites in a row of terrible sleep-she was up from 2:30 until about 4am last nite and then I had trouble going back to sleep. sucks.

i'm kinda liking being back at work though. I can pee without figuring out how I'm going to get to the bathroom with the Bean. Normal conversation. No TV (and I love TV-but enough's enough, ya know?) And while I'm easing back into the grind-it's going to get really busy-so that'll be good.

I also missed my high-speed internet;)

FF's going well. Helps to have mom at the house for a couple of nites-I did get really hungry last nite and had some jello with sf cool-whip which is probably a no-no, but a girl's gotta do what she's gotta do.

Great to see Pearl back! Where's Nicole at?

Hi to Angie, Katie, Joni, Dan, Shannon and I'm sure I'm missing somebody-so forgive me! Also hi to the newbies that have joined during my absence. i'm sure I'll get to know you all well!

juliemarie
07-31-2007, 12:09 PM
Oh-and Heather! Glad you're back too! How's the fam? And yes-I know what you mean-is it wrong to like the "time-off" from the constant attention you have to give a baby?

LizzyW
07-31-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi everyone,

WB Julie - no it is not wrong to want some alone time. I know when I drop my kids off at Nana's, I feel a little guilty at times. But I also know that we need some time to ourselves to keep our sanity and to relax and catch up on sleep. If we don't we really get irritable and that isn't fair to the child or anyone around you. So don't feel like it is wrong. It really is a necessity.

Well I made it back down to 170.4. I am hoping to keep it that way so I can see the 160's soon. Well most of my WL is needed in the butt, waist and thighs, but I seem to be losing it everywhere else, but there. Imagine that. On my dress pants and such, I really need to go buy some more because they are getting way to big. I have a 14 and even those are big. It is more of the jeans that are taking a while to go down in size on. So I guess I am going down in size, just depends on what I am wearing.

Well, I guess I had better get some work done. Hope everyone has a great POP day.

XOXOXO
Liz

juliemarie
07-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Liz-now catching up on sleep is something I haven't accomplished yet! Mom has joked that she'd like me to come down to Salem on a weekend and she'd bring Josie back on a Wed-to which I said "no way!" However-I kinda wouldn't mind ONE night of uninterrupted sleep. And deep sleep. I sleep so lightly now-hearing phantom crying, every noise waking me up. I'm up every 2 hours at least.

Last nite Mom said that she'd get up with josie if necessary, but I wouldn't let her. She'll be wiped by Josie today and tomorrow. she's doing me a huge favor-I dont' want her taking the nite shift too. Though at 4am last nite-I was starting to reconsider.

Way to go on your weight loss!

space99s1
07-31-2007, 12:47 PM
Good morning..

Went to WI today and stayed the same after FF weekend. Hmmm. I shouldn't be bummed out but..

They gave me a copy of the TO. Man, that is REALLY limited..lol. Not sure I can do it but I will give it a try. Unfortunately, I can't do it for another 2 weeks.

Felicia, thanks for the kind words and prayers for Mom. At this point, I think prayer is the only thing that can help. I've developed a distrust of the medical community, particular doctors, from her experience and personal experience.

Last night, DSs' PS2 bit the dust. I replaced it for $40 last year for a refurb but this time, I bought a new one ($129 @ Walmart). It's the slim one with the internet connectivity built in. (Amazing how much those units have come down in price since they were first introduced!) Those boys OWE me big time:D. I have a lot of outdoor, out of the norm projects which I will be collecting on...heh. They start school in 4 weeks so there is plenty of time to collect on the "debt".

Ack...be still my heart..I just looked out the window and see oldest son (16) out on a ladder continuing the garage painting project. Gulp...:o

emmysmom
07-31-2007, 12:50 PM
Julie - it's really hard to ship your child off to nana's house...even if it is nana! My DD went to my mom's house last weekend and spent two nights...yes, TWO nights! Very hard for me! I cried alot on Friday just knowing that she was going. But ya know, you really need some time for yourself every now and then...as painful as it may be. And phantom crying - yeah, I can relate. I heard her up and walking and crying on Friday and Sat. nights - and I knew darn well that she wasn't even in the house!

juliemarie
07-31-2007, 01:06 PM
Tina-I've only had her for 3 months-it seems wrong that I'd consider letting her stay overnight! My SIL wouldn't let her kids stay the night somewhere until they were like 4 or 5 years old . . . .then again-she hates being alone. I love it . . .

bizlawchik
07-31-2007, 02:00 PM
Yay!!! JM's back!!!! :cheer:

emmysmom
07-31-2007, 02:24 PM
Trust me, JM...I'm with ya 100%;)

Katy66
07-31-2007, 02:27 PM
Back for DD's md appt and all was fine. Nothing showed up on the urinalysis but they are culturing it. I'm thinking she may just be irritated from all the swimming and sand play while we were camping.

My DD is 4 1/2 now and never stayed overnight with anyone (my sister) until about 6 mos ago. That was mainly by my choice. My parents are both deceased or I'm sure I would have been willing to let my mom keep her much earlier on in her life. No way she can go to MIL, luckly DH agrees:) It is wonderful to have a free evening now and then but I still miss her. A word of advice though, you wait too long and then it becomes their choice not to. I would have preferred her to staying with my sis a little sooner but she was having no part of it!

On the daycare thing when they are very little it is tougher on mom than then. DD went through a stage where she was very clingy but as soon as I was out of site she dried it up and started playing. She couldn't let mom feel un-needed now could she?:smug: Somebody asked me one time how I could stand to work and leave her all day....my response was that if I stayed home with our combined therapy bills would put us in bankruptcy. We are just too much alike.... a bit OCD and control freaks:) Boy I dread those teenage years. My biggest fear is she hits puberty and I hit menapause at the same time. YIKES, watch out world and poor DH will probably have to move:lol:

Just finished my TO lunch....2 grilled chicken strips, small lettuce and cuke salad, and broccoli - doesn't that just sound yummy? Actually it wasn't too bad and I'm stuffed now. Well I better run and get some work done today.

:wave:Cassi, JM, Emmy's Mom, Angie, Katie, Heather, and anyone out there I've missed....Have a great afternoon:wave:

bayoubelle68
07-31-2007, 02:56 PM
Went to WI this morning and was down a pound since Saturday! Just a few more pounds and I'll be in Two-topia!! DH has lost 48 pounds!! I'm so proud of him. And he is my biggest cheerleader, too. The other day, we drove to our new house for our favorite hobby - peeking in the windows! (We don't get a key until we close tomorrow.) Anyway, I jumped out to look in the windows while DH stayed in the Expedition with the kids. After we got home, he said, "I was watching you looking in the windows and I could REALLY see your weightloss from behind." May sound like an odd compliment, but I thought it was sweet!

I don't know how much I'll be posting in the next few days. We won't get cable/internet hooked up for a week or so. We plan to leave one computer here so we can stop back by check email, but the others will go and sit quietly at the new house for a while. It's probably for the best. That way, I won't get distracted from unpacking!

Oh, well - back to packing! I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

Katy66
07-31-2007, 03:24 PM
Felicia - I think people sometimes have a hard time just coming out and saying "great job on losing weight! I'm not sure why since sometimes what they end up saying sounds much odder. I had someone at work tell me I was taking up less space...now that was odd! She is a great friend though and it was wonderful to hear. You've worked hard so take the compliments! Good luck with the packing and hurry with that internet connection:)

smjezzy
07-31-2007, 03:29 PM
That's a fantastic compliment, what a sweetie

And big congrats on the accomplishment!!!

Joni135
07-31-2007, 03:34 PM
Katy - Glad DD is doing better. Very funny comment.....My biggest fear is she hits puberty and I hit menapause at the same time.

Yipee.........Julie's back!!! Love all your updated Josie pics and stories on the blog. Thanks for sharing so much. I can't provide a bit of advice on parenting....I can tell you that I feel guilty when I leave my dogs at the kennel...but, amazingly, they survive and actually seem to enjoy their time there. Personally, I would think being in the same house day in and day out; the same yard, etc., would get really boring and the change in scenery a welcome sight. But then, dogs are not human (so I'm told). I hope you figure out the sleep situation because I'm a firm believer that a good night's sleep is critical to your health and overall weight loss. I also know, though, that you know how to research this out and you'll eventually have it all figured out!!

Julie - do you still go to a COD? Just curious. I don't so this board is my sole source of support.... (BTW, you asked about Mama Nicole - Her internet is down at home.....she'll be back....)!!

Liz - good to see the numbers going down for you......keep up the great work!

Shannon - when you figure out a cure for that lingering headache...let me know...I've been in the same boat for a few days. I even canned day two of TO because I really, really hurt. I plan to try again tomorrow.

Felicia - congrats on the scale and good luck with the move...can't wait to see your photo montage when everything is situated in the new place. Also, did you ever do the "tutu shoot?" or whatever you called it???

Gotta run....

Prazteam
07-31-2007, 03:36 PM
JulieMarie - It's so great to see you too! You're one of the many I immediately asked about upon my return from computer hiatus... As for that precious bundle of yours...
First rule for a new mom... accept help from those you trust. Their motives are pure and their hearts are open to share and sow into your life/lives. LET THEM!!! It doesn't make you less of a Mom, it makes you a Mom that wants to let your baby get as much love from all directions as possible. Not only that, but you are looking at it as a chore for them, they are looking at it as a wonderful blessing to be able to share time with your baby! So bless them by giving them time with Josie. It will also help Josie to adapt to a changing environment in a safe, loving and protected way.
Hope you don't mind my 2 cents worth...
You know me - always sticking my nose where it doesn't belong :(
Blessings,

emmysmom
07-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Pearl - your post gave me goosebumps.:hug: When my mom wanted to keep my DD last weekend, my immediate reaction was "Are you kidding me?!" Then, my husband said, "If you ever want to bless your mom, this is how"...and he was right. So I reluctantly said OK and my mom and DD had a great weekend together.

CandlePrincess
07-31-2007, 04:05 PM
Juliemarie.....I'm learning that a break is always a good thing. I used to watch that TV show 7th Heaven...and every once in awhile the mom would go away by herself...and I always thought that was awful.....until I had kids! I adore my children...but sometimes I need a break! Because my kids are foster children I can only have approved people take care of them...so I was sure to get my best friend and my mother in law, and my pastor and his wife all approved...so I have all my bases covered! DFS has gone to daycare most of the summer....part time and it's been wonderful. It's given me time with DFD and to get other things done. and the day before school starts BOTH of them are going and I'm planning a "Heather Day!" I'm sure other moms around here can atest to this....Motherhood is not for WHIMPS!!!!!

As for my family....we are getting good news on both the kids as far as adoption is concerned...but nothing's final until that judge signs those papers! I'll keep you posted Juliemarie!

CandlePrincess
07-31-2007, 04:07 PM
And Tina.....to add to what your husband started...remember what a blessing your mom will be to your DD......Some of my BEST childhood memories are with my grandparents! I was very fortunate to have both my grandparents well into adulthood......but I'll never forget the GREAT times we had with them as kids!

slim n trim
07-31-2007, 05:13 PM
QUOTE=Prazteam;1797565]First rule for a new mom... accept help from those you trust. Their motives are pure and their hearts are open to share and sow into your life/lives. LET THEM!!! It doesn't make you less of a Mom, it makes you a Mom that wants to let your baby get as much love from all directions as possible. Not only that, but you are looking at it as a chore for them, they are looking at it as a wonderful blessing to be able to share time with your baby! So bless them :(
Blessings,[/QUOTE]

Wow Pearl.... Very well said. You are such a wise woman. As a Gramma, that is exactly how I feel. When my grandbabies were just little, I spent lots of time with them, and it was such a treat to have a baby around the house for a little bit. Now the kids are getting a little bigger, and there parents love it when the kids come here. In fact, if I am busy doing something, i never stop by my son's house, because my 3 y/o granddaughter will cry if she can't come with me. She will stand there hugging me saying pleaaasssseeeee gramma can I come home with you..... if I can't take her cause I am busy, it just breaks my heart to leave her behind.

As for the daycare stuff, just gotta tell you a quick story. When I first put my son in daycare - he was 4 yrs old. I worried about him all day long. I had the day off, but sent him, since the daycare was only 2 blks away, thought I was close if something was to go wrong. I cried when I left him, and then went home and unpacked boxes - and spent all day thinking about him. Finally about 3 pm I broke down and went and got him ..... and he was having so much fun playing with all these other kids his age - he didn't want to come home.

Anway, hope everyone is having a great day - I gotta go, will try to check in later.

juliemarie
07-31-2007, 05:17 PM
Cassi-Hey girl! How's school?

Joni-not going to the COD though technically I've got paid weeks just flying by. I just don't get anything but aggravation from them. It always seemed a waste of time.

Pearl-you're right on the money as usual . . . Josie always seems to want to know where I am-as if she's worried I'll leave her or something. Probably I'm reading more into it than is necessary. I just am overcompensating for all the change and loss in her life.

Heather-good luck with the adoption. I know how complicated it can get with foster children.

bayoubelle68
07-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Joni - I never got to do the tutu photo shoot. Right after I got the idea, we found the house and our lives have pretty much been a whirlwind ever since. I am planning to do it in early fall - once we're settled into the new house! I already have a half a dozen mommies interested in bringing over their little ballerinas for the shoot!

As for daycare - when DS was born, I was working at our church as the computer graphics designer and children's choir coordinator (to 750 kids!!). Our church also has a daycare, so when I went back to work, it wasn't TOO bad to leave him there. In fact, I knew the quickest route and could get from my desk to his crib in under a minute! It was harder with DD because I was back in the classroom and my school is about 5 miles away, but having them both in a place that we knew and trusted helped so much. During holidays, DD will ask after a couple of days at home, "Mommy, can I please go see my friends today?" so I know she loves it there. But just week, there was a morning when she clung to my legs and wept and didn't want to stay. Unfortunately, I had to leave her so I get some packing done. Her teacher told me when I went to get her that as soon as I left, DD was just fine.

Dan2112
07-31-2007, 05:50 PM
Hi everyone.. Busy day as always...

WAY TO GO FELICIA!!! You'll be in two-topia before you know it!!!

I may have overdone it a bit with starch at lunch.. I had a teriaki bowl and probably ate more of the rice than I should.. It just tasted so good.. But at least I got lots of veggies in..

Hope you're all having a great day..

dolphn545
07-31-2007, 07:16 PM
Just popping in to say HI! :wave:

JM - Welcome back!! I'm one of those parents whose children were in daycare since they were 2 months old. They are older now, and believe me, there are some days I wish I could send them back before they put me in a nut house!!

dolphn545
07-31-2007, 07:20 PM
BTW - quick question - anybody make goulash? If so, what do you count it as? I was thinking S, V, P. Sound about right?
(ok, well that was 3 questions ...)

BarbaraB
07-31-2007, 07:26 PM
Hi All, I know that my daughter and mom would not have the close relationship that they do if I hadn't sent her down there alone to spend time with my mom. It was hard to put her on a plane (starting age 6) but she benefited a lot more than just parents who were glad to have a break and reconnect with the adult world. That relationship added something truly special to her life. It does require a lot of trust though, and my mom loves kids and is amazing with teens, which is a rare skill. Not a lot of people WANT your 13 year old to come and visit, so lay the groundwork now.. Since you WILL need a break then. A 13 year old will not go and visit someone they don't know and like willingly. I had my sister go and stay with my 16 year old daughter when we went on a cruise for our 20th wedding anniversary, and all I can say, is I will always be grateful to my sister for being willing, and I do think they got to know each other better, even if my daughter was a big pouty baby who kept claiming she did not need a baby sitter and why are you people so uptight about one little party... I think that phase is over and we are leaving her home alone next week.

gotta run

JLem311
07-31-2007, 08:07 PM
hey everyone. just checking in for the day. not much going on. i skipped my workout this afternoon and took a 2hr nap instead. really needed it too.
i will be back at the workout routine tomorrow though and get my 3 for the week done!

good to see you back JM!

ok, off for now. might be back later. have a great evening!

and debbie (my twin from TN!) where are you? are you lurking? if so, get back here and let's do a workout challenge girlie!

amylou7777
07-31-2007, 10:32 PM
Hey guys!

Sounds like there have been some great losses-Felicia, Jillian-wow!

I haven't caught up on today's posts quite yet. I got an icky bout of the FLU yesterday and am still recovering. It was NO fun. I couldn't keep anything down so needless to say my W/I today showed a significant loss. I'm going to move the ticker down 3...I'm hoping that is more accurate. I've been really good lately so I think 3lbs is fair..we'll see if it sticks!

I'm going to catch up on everyone's posts now!

Hope everyone is having a great night! GOod to see Angie and Lettie are back around! I was just going to ask about Deb and Brit too! Where are you guys?

bahamadream10
07-31-2007, 10:42 PM
Julie Marie
I know how hard it was leaving my kids for the first time at daycare, it was easier for my son to get used to it but my daughter is 4 and she still gives me a hard time got help me the first day of kindergarten I hope this phase ends soon! Don't ever feel guilty about having some time to yourself. My parents are not alive anymore my mom passed away 7 yrs ago and my father passed away when I was 10 months old and my in laws are not comfortable staying with my kids overnight, so even if I could I don't know who I would leave them with. Having someone you trust with your children is a blessing. You will just be a more attentive, loving mother if you have that time to relax and sleep or just to have that time to yourself even if it is for the night. We all have been there and support you. Hang in there! My prayers are with you.

Boo'sMom
07-31-2007, 11:31 PM
Evening all--crazy day, signed my contract--yeah!, just caught up on this thread, then going to BED!!! Went to my first kickboxing class tonight and I might be slowly dying--UGH--sweated buckets but feel pretty accomplished right now--we'll see how I feel in the morning!

Goodnight to all!

bahamadream10
07-31-2007, 11:44 PM
Call me crazy but how do you post a new thread to ask a question? I am new at this and for some reason I can't figure it out, maybe I just need to go to bed and sleep off my pounding headache!!!!!

Mama Nicole
08-01-2007, 12:08 AM
Hello to all my fatty friends :).........ohhh, and a big old shout out to JM. I have missed you all SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. First I was in Wisconsin for three weeks, and then when I got home, my internet was down. I finally got it straightened out with our ISP, and we are all good again!!! But boy oh boy, I bet my chores are going to suffer now......LOL.

I have only read this weeks loser's thread, so I am a bit lost.........but I'm sure I will catch up soon. My garden groweth immensly........lol. DH has made 16 quarts of pickles, 16 quarts of dilly beans, 12 pints of salsa, and we have had fresh cucumbers, tomatos and green peppers every day for a month. It has been fabulous :) We did cut our very first watermelon on Saturday, and it was almost ready, and superb. It looks like the canteloupe will be ready next week. Yum yum yum :)

When I got home last week, DH had our entire house spotless, and he suprised me with a gift under my pillow. It was the cutest thing ever. Mind you.......this is completely out of character for him..........but he even wrapped it..............albiet in 4th of July newspaper with electrical tape and a home made card made of a 3 X 5 ruled notecard.............it was a present......for me.......wrapped........under my pillow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He bought me a digital camera that I have wanted for ages. I about died. Then I asked him where on earth he got the cash for it, as he never has any $$$$.....and he admitted that he won a poker tournament in Indiana when he was on business. DH rarely gambles, and when he does, does so very carefully.........so it was just perfect!!!!!!!!! On the card, he said something like.....for my wife......cuz I love you, and I missed you. Isn't that cute?

Anyway..........4 yo DS did exceptional with his tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy and tubes. The only problem we ran into was a touch of consitpation......which, ...........ANGIE.......poop story ahead................he has decided to run with. He is now holding his urge as long as humany possible in order to make the biggest poop he can possibly make. And yeah, he is almost 5 years old............so anyone training a boy.........have no fear.......you get to be grossed out for years to come :) I know, it's gross, but that's what I'm here for. I am going to have to give him the old metamucil/mineral oil treatment again so he can't hold it anymore. Oh, the things we do for love.

So, has anyone been losing well lately? Fill me in ladies....and Dan. And what did I read about some Phil guy??????

Yeah, now is your chance to brag........cuz I am so far behind.....but I want to know if anyone is working it.

Oh, how I have missed you all :)

Ok, have to get to bed now................I will check back in the morning :)
XOXO

Dan2112
08-01-2007, 01:17 AM
Nicole.. I was making a joking reference to "Dr. Phil"...

And I hope that salsa is low sodium!!! :lol: I'm envious of your garden.. I wish we had room for a proper food garden..

Nanette - up at the top of the main LAWL forum thread listings, there's a little box that says something like "new thread" or "post new thread"... click that and you'll be golden..

lizababe
08-01-2007, 01:41 AM
Hiya everyone!

Nicole - I missed you!!!! With that garden there's no excuse not to get all of your veggies in now huh?

Felicia - GREAT job on your loss!

I'm so proud of and inspired by all of you.. I can't wait to have the same successes!

It's been busy since Mini Me returned. I wasn't so POP over the weekend but not really that bad either. The thing that hasn't been OP is exercise and I'm back on track with that this week. I had a GREAT run with the dog tonight and am so proud of myself. As I was running I realized that I miss playing tennis. I was pretty good at it back in the day and now I have to find someone who wants to play with me (and isn't a sore loser.. I always play to win)

On the subject of the kids.. I agree with (I'm sorry I can't remember who it was) the one who said they maybe in between growth spurts. Lead by example and they will follow your path eventually. If you are eating healthy and exercising they will want to as well and things will even out. It's tough with junk foods that are marketed directly to our youth and schools that fill their cafeterias with it. I'm having the opposite with Mini Me as she truly is my Mini Me.. she's barely eating. Genetics in both sides of my family say that she's about right at almost 16 years old and 93 lbs but all it took was a car accident to send me the other way. I lectured her tonight that she will seriously mess up her metabolism and end up fighting the same fight I am if she doesn't take care of herself and EAT! Now mind you, if there were junk food in the house she'd have no problems eating all day. Everything in here is organic and healthy so she's being picky and electing not to eat at all.

Dan - I respect that you admit you have been a bit harsh with your daughter. Please please please be careful with how much attention you draw to this matter. A little tummy at her age is not unusual. I went to the extremes that I did as a teenager because of the way people reacted to my sudden weight gain after my accident. I starved myself and when I did eat a little, I purged because everyone insisted I was fat because I ate too much. I realize as an adult, the only ones who picked on me were doing so out of insecurity because they were overweight themselves. I had many people who didn't, but I only heard the hurtful words not the compliments (I was a size 6 but my family made me feel like a 60) Ok, that's the end of my opinion on that. You know what those are like and yes, everyone has one.

On another note, I got suckered back into the chopper gig. It's only a couple of times a month though so it's not so bad. Tomorrow is a big seminar on safety during fires and they will include protocol to cover the recent events.

I hope everyone is doing great, losing and staying POP!

Prazteam
08-01-2007, 01:42 AM
Tina - You are TOO sweet!

JM - You are adorable! I'll live vicariously through your baby! Mine have just turned 14 and next month 17! YIKES!

Nicole - You reminded me (fondly!) of when I was potty training my boys and used foot loops for them to "aim" at... 1 point for a green, two for a yellow and three points for a red!!! WOOHOO! And I even made some "potty" paper with bulls eyes on them. You tear one square off and float it in the potty for them to aim at! I'm telling you. Both boys were potty trained in a few days and each one had ONE accident... WHEW! Thanks for that. I love those memories that sometimes just jump out at you and leave you with that warm fuzzy feeling and a funny smile on your face! - Your garden sounds wonderful. Ours is just coming in. We've had cukes, yellow zucchini and yellow squash for several weeks, peppers and tomatos getting ready to come in. DH didn't plant watermelons this year but they came up wild from last year and he grew one that was 22 pounds and one that was 28 pounds!!! They look amazing! I can't wait to try them. He picked them today and we're waiting until they're good and cold! Canteloupes should be coming in soon.
Of course, we'll have ALL KINDS of peppers coming out the wazoo in a few weeks... I'll be putting up cooked squash and zucchini this week in the freezer. DH planted an apple seed in the green house and low and behold, we've got an apple tree over a foot tall... We left in there with the herbs. They all seem to do so well in there... why bother planting them?!? (it's a lot cleaner with the herbs in there instead of in the garden!)
Well, it's late so I gotta get some things done and go to bed when dh gets home around 4 a.m.
You all really bless me! What a wonderful group!
:hug:
Blessings,

bahamadream10
08-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Happy Wednesday everyone the week is almost over whoopee!!!!!!!!!
Nicole- All this talk about the pooping makes me go back to when my son was also having problems he would hold it until there was so much he would get backed up he was on Miralax from ages 3-5! I then found a vegetable vitamin at a health food store here that is called KidzGreenz with taking 2 of those he hasn't a problem in 2 years, thank heavans. So I have been there and there is hope in your future, I can emphatize with you whole heartedly.

Pearl- Good idea with the froot loops, I used cheerios but the froot loops would of been cool I wish I would of thought of that!

Dan-Thanks for the tip I will try and figure it out when I have had more caffeine in me.

Regarding the pressure on these kids to be thin. I unfortunately have raised a 7 yr old son that is obsessed with the scale. He weighs himself constantly after eating , after pooping. I am trying to teach him it isn't all about the weight it is about being healthy. It is hard though he sees me weigh myself every morning and he hears me say no to things because it isn't on my diet. I lived a life being made fun of because I was overweight and I don't want to have to experience that, but I also don't want him to constantly worry about what he looks like on the outside. Ahhhh parenting is so confusing and frustrating sometimes. I don't know how my mom did it with 11 of us 6 brothers and 5 sisters, I can't even do it with 2. I would do anything to have my mother here to ask her questions what I wouldn't do!!!

On another note this is day 8 of the 21 day boost for me and I cannot get below 153.0 what is my problem will I ever see the 140's again. I am so frustrated I haven't cheated once in the last 4 days and I haven't seen any budge on the scale.

Have a great day everyone.
Nanette

Repo girl
08-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Hi everyone! I saw a good article on MSN this morning and wanted to share:

You know those suggestive little voices that whisper in your ear... and suddenly you're knee-deep in ice cream? Change the sabotaging, discipline-destroying thoughts, and you can change your life—or at least your weight.

I ordered the grilled cheese, so why not get the fries, too?

One treat at a time. I'm indulging in grilled cheese, so I'll trade the fries for a salad.

Here's How: "The thought pattern is, I've already blown it for today, so I might as well keep going," says Janet Polivy, PhD, a psychology professor at the University of Toronto. She calls it the "what the ****" effect and says it causes people to devour so much food that they feel they'll never get back on track. To prevent this scenario from playing over and over, Polivy says, you have to redefine your idea of healthy eating. Allow yourself the occasional treat, as long as it's accompanied by smarter food choices like fresh fruit and vegetables. At roughly 500 calories, one melted cheddar on rye a week should hardly make you fat. Habitually tacking on a large order of fries, however, might.

I'll just have this one cookie.

If I can't stop at one or two cookies, I shouldn't have any at all.

Here's How: We stand by the above tip that it's okay to eat your favorite foods, provided you're the type who can stop after a small amount. "One cookie could turn into 1,000 calories or more if you proceed to eat the whole bag," warns Stephen Gullo, PhD, president of the Institute for Health and Weight Sciences. He suggests that you take a step back and honestly assess how you've reacted to your favorite foods in the past. You may discover that chocolate chip cookies trigger uncontrollable cravings but one square of dark chocolate appeases your sweet tooth quite nicely.

My husband says I look fat, so I guess I should start exercising.

I want to get in shape for myself, not for him.

Here's How: Whether or not you need to shed a few pounds, acting in response to someone else's hurtful remarks will breed self-doubt and lower your self-esteem, says Marlene Schwartz, PhD, co-director of the Yale Center for Eating and Weight Disorders in New Haven, Connecticut. To reset your weight loss goals so they revolve solely around you, sit down and figure out how you could benefit from changing your lifestyle. (Writing your thoughts out on paper might help.) If you identify areas that need improvement, talk to your spouse about how he can play a part: Plan low-fat weekly menus together in lieu of eating out, or take walks after dinner instead of watching TV. Alternatively, if you're exercising, eating right, and feeling pretty healthy the way you are, Schwartz says, "tell him that this is his problem, not yours."

What's the point of losing weight during the winter? I'll get in shape come summer.

By eating more now, I'm creating a lot of extra work for myself when spring rolls around.

Here's How: A study by scientists at the National Institutes of Health tracked 195 people through the holidays and found an average weight gain of about a pound.

By the following year, most had gained another half pound, and the researchers predicted that the trend would only continue. To prevent this outward creep, Gullo says, keep thoughts of summer in your house all year long by hanging a bikini or skimpy sundress on the back of the bathroom door, and visualize yourself wearing it every time you head for the leftovers. He also proposes committing to a regular exercise program in the fall, "before the winter blahs set in," because lugging last night's comfort food through an hour-long spinning class isn't so comfortable.

Fat runs in my family, so why bother exercising?

I can't change my DNA, but I can change my fate.

Here's How: "Genetics helps determine your natural weight range, but you have some control over where you fall within that range," says Edward Abramson, PhD, an expert on obesity, dieting, and weight disorders and the author of Body Intelligence. Rather than aiming for a size 2, aim for health: If being overweight is a family trait, diabetes, heart disease, and other obesity-related illnesses could be, too, Schwartz says. Walk to the grocery store, choose the stairs over the escalator, and take good care of the body you were born with. "It's important to distinguish between body size and body health," she says. "Research shows that people who are overweight and physically fit can live longer than people who are ideal weight and not physically fit."

After that grueling workout, I deserve a bacon double cheeseburger.

After busting my butt at the gym, my body deserves the VIP treatment.

Here's How: "Most people overestimate the number of calories they've burned," says Brian Wansink, PhD, a professor of marketing, applied economics, and nutritional science at Cornell University and author of Marketing Nutrition. To burn off a bacon double cheeseburger, the average 140-pound woman has to jog at a rate of five miles per hour for more than 60 minutes. Recast your concept of reward: Instead of seeking food, take a luxurious bubble bath, rent a guilty-pleasure movie, buy a new pair of shoes, or lose yourself in a good novel.

I'll grab a candy bar to get me through my mid afternoon slump.

When my energy flags, I need food that will help me go the distance.

Here's How: Candy and other sweets have little nutritional value, and they destabilize blood sugar, causing you to have more cravings later on, Gullo says. To head off a snack attack, he suggests, "reprogram yourself to seek out a mini-meal 30 minutes before you usually hit a slump." By eating before you're famished, you should be able to resist the sweet stuff and choose foods with enough protein, fat, and complex carbs to keep you sated and energized until dinner. Some of Gullo's top picks: bran crackers with low-fat cheese, a hard-boiled egg, or a cup of low-fat yogurt.

Katy66
08-01-2007, 10:00 AM
Morning everyone. I've enjoyed catching up on all the posts from last night.

Nicole - good to hear from you. You are so lucky to have a garden. Before we moved we always had a huge veggie garden and I froze or canned EVERYTHING. The food is so much better tasting and better for you.

Pearl - what great ideas for potty training a boy. I'll pass them on to my niece who just had a baby boy. It will be a while before she needs it but nothing like preparing early.

Sherry - sorry I don't do goulash so I'm no help.

Liza - can't believe you agreed to do the chopper again. The crash you mentioned made the news all the way in NC. Very tragic. You be safe!

Talking about kids and weight, did anyone catch the show that Shaq did with the kids losing weight? I had never watched it until last night which was apparently the final show and then I only caught bits and pieces so I'm not sure at all about what went on to motivate the kids etc but they all had tremendous losses. They really focused on the fact that our schools are teaching kids to eat junk food serving things like corn dogs and fries, etc etc.

Finished up my TO yesterday so I really enjoyed my meal replacement and banana this am. I really missed my fruit:)

Have a great day!

Katy66
08-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Great post Katie - I think I've said most of those things at one time or another.

smjezzy
08-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Welcome back Nicole. I'm envious of your cucumber crop. My earthbox is doing great but has slowed. My tomatoes looked really good but never turned red (had my first batch of fried green tomatoes), bell peppers are extremely tasty but small, jalepenos are slow to start and so far really small and my cucumbers are huge but that too is slowing. I only have one on the vine right now. I need to resize a picture but I had my son hold one of the cucumbers up to my dachshund and I swear it was almost as big! For some reason the dog wasn't impressed though <shrug>. I think I'm going to buy another box and have one for fruit. I really want some lemons and of course strawberries when they're time comes again and blueberries. I don't know if it's my imagination but everything tastes so much better when you pick it out of your yard(or earthbox)!

Thanks for that post Katie. Great stuff.

Another morning hit too soon. Are nights getting shorter? I know weekends are. I don't think there's enough caffeine in the building for me today.

Morning to everyone and have a fantastic day.

emmysmom
08-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Kati - I just read the same article on msn...thanks for sharing!

Nicole - Great to see you back! :wave: That is so sweet what your husband did for you. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? And I'm glad to hear that your DS is recovering well...except for the pooping;)...which, by the way, has become one of my DD's favorite words - poopie and peepee...oh, and butt. I'm trying to stop that without much success.

Katy - I didn't see that show, but it sounds like it was a good one.

On the topic of healthy kids...my DD learned in preschool yesterday the difference between a healthy food and an unhealthy food. So I was quizzing her on some foods last night and amazingly enough, at 3yo, she's learning really well! I'm so proud of her and so proud of the school for teaching the kids lessons in proper eating.

Dan2112
08-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Katie.. Thanks for posting that.. I needed to read that this morning.. I had a bout of the "What the ****'s" last night with ice cream.. Granted, it was fat free, no sugar added, but still... one spoonful quickly became 10... Dunno what the trigger was.. I've NEVER been a big ice cream eater in the first place.

Back on track today, dammit...

Liza - If you ever need some insight into wildfire, let me know...

For you salty snackers out there...

I've found a tasty alternative to chips.. "Glenny's" soy protein crisps..

Here's the rundown:
1.3 oz bag contains two servings. One serving contains:
70 calories
1g fat
170 mg of sodium (not TOO bad)
9g carbs
1.5 g dietary fiber
1g sugars
5g protein.
www.glennys.com

A small handful of these is a great substitute for chips or crackers with a sandwich!!

I wonder how these match up with LAWL soy snacks....

Have a great day all!

LA Girl
08-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Hello Everyone,

I just started LA Weight Loss a week ago and am struggling with the hunger. I know I am supposed to be a little hungry because in order to lose weight you have to eat less calories then you burn, but how do you handle the hunger? Does the hunger get better after you have been on the plan for a while?

Thank you for your feedback - I have been lurking for a couple of days and you all seem like a very supportive group!! I hope I am posting this in the right spot....

juliemarie
08-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Good morning everyone!

The discussion on letting other's watch your kids and also the one about how to instill a healthy attitude towards food in your kids is very interesting and helpful. I've been worrying about setting an example for Josie, and trying hard to feed her a varied, healthy diet. She eats practically anything-so that's been easy. Introduced her to edamame last night . . . .it was a hit!

So-2 days on FF netted a 9 lbs loss-all or most of it water I'm sure . . . no wonder I was in the bathroom every half hour. So far so good today too . . I just need a little momentum I think.

Glad to see you Nicole! Interesting poop story-hopefully that only happens with boys! So what kind of games for potty training can you do for girls?

Repo girl
08-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Hi Amy, welcome!!!

emmysmom
08-01-2007, 11:21 AM
9 pounds JM...that's awesome! What a great start to get you motivated and back on plan!

juliemarie
08-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Amy-the hunger problem does get better. In the meantime-eat fruit and veggies with high fiber to keep you feeling fuller-broccoli for example. Also-brown rice. Try sf jello in the evening to fill up also. That always works for me. Blueberries have a lot of fiber and a cup of blueberries looks like a lot so it take time to eat. Eat them one at a time, chilled. Maybe dip into ff cool whip.

Good luck!

juliemarie
08-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Tina-yeah, it was tempting to continue on the FF meal plan-but I'm afraid I might get hungry and binge or something . . .

I mean-I had sashimi last night, chicken stir fy, killer salads with real dressing (cuz I can!) and hard boiled eggs. Wasn't too hard at all.

Mama Nicole
08-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Good morning everyone :)

JM......that little voice inside of you........listen to her....she is one smart mama. :)

After potty training many many children (my 5, plus 13 years of daycare kids), there is one thing I AM sure of..........this is something we, as parents cannot control.........we can quide and encourage......but this gig is all up to them. Luckily, all my kids are trained........but from what I have read about and heard, the poop withholding is mostly common in boys...........and can be very diffiicult. AND GROSS!!!!!!! LOL! We went through this several months ago.......and he had been fine for forever.........and then after his surgery, he went backwards. Oh well.........it's not the end of the world.....it's just gross.

And Pearl.......loved your game. See, I think boys are easier to train than girls, cuz they LOVE to aim their pee. I didn't do the toilet paper squares, but I did let my boys pee outside.........and most people would think that is bad.....I know I did before I had boys........but it worked out for us. I am not promoting it as potty training advice.........but I do think every kid is different and has to find their own way :)

Kaite.......good stuff......good stuff........thank you.

Ok, there are a ton more people I want to address, but I have to see if I can pull some pics off my camera so I can share.
XOXO

Mama Nicole
08-01-2007, 11:30 AM
I like FF a little too much too.........every now and then I think about taking a tiny LAWL break to do Atkins..........

LA Girl
08-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Thank you JM and repo girl! I went on a little binge last night and am feeling guilty for it this morning because I am supposed to do my first week weigh in today.... I want to take this binge as a learning experience and try to avoid it in the future - but I think I need to come up with a "game plan" for when it strikes again...

Katy66
08-01-2007, 11:44 AM
JulieMarie - Other people have asked me about tips on potty training little girls and my response has always been I don't have any because they really did it all at her daycare. A wonderful lady named Tammy would take the kids who were "ready" into a smaller class, closer to the bathroom and within a week my child was potty trained. DD has only had 1 night time accident and just a few during the day which were more associated with her being too busy and waiting too late to head to the bathroom. The teacher did not recommend pull ups. Her belief was that once they could feel how yucky it felt to wet or poop in something that allowed it to touch their skin they are smart enough to stop. She also offered rewards when they used the potty. I think she used fruit loops...to eat not aim:) All that said, Nicole is right when the time is right for you DD it will happen.

CandlePrincess
08-01-2007, 12:09 PM
all this talk of potty training.....my dfs is almost three and has no interest in the potty at all. He could care less when he's wet and/or dirty. We've tried with his own potty...and he HATES it. The other complication is that he is so delayed in his speech that he can't actually tell us when he needs to go (although I think some of his speech and other delays are just because he doesn't want to do it!) So we wait. now on the other hand DFD at 8 months old refuses to wait to be changed.....if even a drop hits her precious skin she is crying and crawling over to us wanting to be changed. My guess is if she continues in this manner she will be easy when the time comes....but who know!

Katy66
08-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Heather - the say girls always are easier...I was lucky all the way around:)

Mama Nicole
08-01-2007, 12:13 PM
I just updated my webshots with some new pics of a few of the kids :)

Dan2112
08-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just started LA Weight Loss a week ago and am struggling with the hunger. I know I am supposed to be a little hungry because in order to lose weight you have to eat less calories then you burn, but how do you handle the hunger? Does the hunger get better after you have been on the plan for a while?

Thank you for your feedback - I have been lurking for a couple of days and you all seem like a very supportive group!! I hope I am posting this in the right spot....

Hi Amy, and welcome!!

Hunger is a tricky thing.. It's a largely mental thing because we've conditioned ourselves into eating to the point where we're stuffed rather than just full.. So for the immediate time being, you're going to have to mentally force yourself to make the adjustment.

To be honest, depending on what plan you're on, you're going to be amazed at just how much food you're going to have to eat on this plan.. The the probolem become wrapping your mind around the fact that you HAVE TO EAT to lose weight.. It's not just about eating fewer calories than you burn, but what kind of calories you're injesting.

Just remember.. Don't skimp on your plan determined portions... LAWL is a very exact diet plan.

You can do it!!

emmysmom
08-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Beautiful children! I'll bet their blue eyes are even prettier in person. And those sunflowers are enormous! Thanks so much for sharing, Nicole!

chiquita623
08-01-2007, 12:41 PM
On the note of children eating healthy, my 8 yr old grandson gets so upset because the kids at school won't trade anything with him at lunch. So I asked him what he takes and he said RF cheese sticks, fruit, juice and veges. I asked his mom about it and she said he tells her every day what he wants in his lunch and this is what he chooses. The other kids are always trading each other for cupcakes, twinkies, etc. and he refuses to eat stuff like that. He's a strange little bird. When I was 8 all I wanted was the sugary stuff!!

chiquita623
08-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Oh and welcome Amy. I too had the hunger pangs when I first started this eating plan but now I don't always get everything in. I guess our bodies just have to adjust to eating differently. I'm on gold w/lites.

Mama Nicole
08-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Amy....welcome......I too was hungry the first two days......actually, I thought I would die....lol.......but it got better quick. If you are still having trouble after a few days, let your COD know.......you should NOT feel hungry once your body adjusts, except for once in a while :)

Dan2112
08-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Amy,

Let me also add that you shouldn't confuse hunger with cravings. They are yet another trick our devious minds play on us to get us to eat... My little dalience with ice cream last night is evidence to that fact...

Basically, since you're now depriving your body of all those bad little goodies it's used to getting, its trying to tell you its hungry so you'll give in... Compare it to the plant in "Little Shop of Horrors" when it constantly barrages Seymore with "FEED ME SEYMORE" cries.. :lol:

Eventually your will power will overcome the constant cravings. Give it time!

LA Girl
08-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Thanks so much everyone! I really do appreciate your feedback! Dan and Laurie, I am so looking forward to the days where I am struggling to get all of the food in rather then counting the minutes until lunch time, lol J I am also on the gold w/lites. Nicole, I also feel like I am dying so it is good to know that I am not the only one that feels this way at the beginning!

I do think the cravings are a big part of my struggle as well. I went to a baseball game last night and was craving the ball park food because I use food to associate with having a good time. I am working hard to try and change these associations and am hoping that LAWL can help me in my journey.

Thanks Everyone!

Joni135
08-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Nicole - it's about darn time you get back here! What a fabulous DH you have...clean house, gift, canned veggies...I'm officially jealous! I've got to go check out the pictures....I'm sure they are priceless, as always. Don't be so hard on yourself as you know the last few weeks have been anything but normal for you......you'll shake off those pounds and be back in onederland before too long. I think the summer has been a struggle for a lot of us....we can only keep on keeping on!!

Juliemarie - any Josie tales to tell on how her daycare stay went? A while back, Emmy's mom (Tina) had a cute mommy moment and had to leave work to go stalk her daughter before she (the daughter) left on a little school field trip. As it turned out her daughter saw her and was happy she came by (or something like that). I'm sure I'd have many mommy stalking moments if there was a little one in my life.

Kristen's been MIA in a while...was she going somewhere other than ring shopping?

dolphn545
08-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Hey Everyone! :wave:

Had WI today. Down just over a pound. :dancer:

Nanette - Have faith! The scale will move! As you get closer to goal, it gets a little more stubborn though.

Katie - Great Article! And so true about sabotaging ourselves ...

Nicole - :wave: I've never attempted a garden on my own. I would like one, but I wouldn't even know where to begin. Not sure if I want the work involved with it, but I definitely want the results!

Dan - do you order those soy snacks online, or are they in grocery stores too? I bought a couple of the LAWL snacks today to take on my camping trip. I am going to TRY like crazy to stick with the plan over the weekend.

Amy - :welcome: I'm currently on gold w/lites. You've been given some great advice already. You can also try low cal, water based veggie (like cucumbers or celery) if you're hungry. If you continue to feel hungry, make sure you address it with your COD. You should not feel hungry on this plan. :goodluck:

Hope everyone has a great POP day!!

bayoubelle68
08-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Nicole - beautiful pictures! I especially love the B&W one of Andrew.

We just got home from closing on our house!! An hour of signing paper after paper after paper! Then we had to go to the city utilities department to get the electric, water, and gas changed over to our name - had been in the builder's name. We won't have phones or cable for about a week. I don't know why it takes longer to get things turned on in a new house!! But the bright side is that it will make me concentrate on unpacking!

We're going to rent a UHaul trailer this afternoon to start taking boxes over. I still can't believe it's ours now!!

Angie
08-01-2007, 02:45 PM
I clearly need to get refocused post-vacation. I was thrilled to have only gained a pound after holidays, but now, I'm up 2.2 since Monday...with no TOM on the way, and only my own cheats to blame. Sigh.

Amylou -- Sorry the flu bug has bitten you. I'm nursing a double ear infection myself...hmm...I wonder if there's any way to blame my gain on that?

Nanette -- Just click on the LA Weight Loss link at the top of the page (after Diet Central) and then click the New Thread box which is located right under the recipes section.

Nicole -- Wow what a garden! I'm glad DS's surgery and recovery went well. That is too funny about the poop. I'm right back where I started with that too btw, DS has stopped using the toilet again. The only progress is that now he will sometimes pull down his pants and poop outside on the ground. Sigh, baby steps I guess. My latest stategy has been to put him in character underwear and then say "please don't poop on Diego/Spiderman or Bob the Builder, they won't like that." lol

Pearl -- My DS loves playing 'shoot the cheerios' in the toilet, and it's improved his aim by a long shot. I may try your target idea for poop!

Sherry -- Congrats on another pound gone!

Felicia -- Congratulations on your house closing!

Katie -- Great article, thanks!

LA Amy -- I think the hunger depends a lot on the choices you make. For example, if you choose whole grain products for your starches, it lasts longer and delays hunger. I also think that sometimes your body tricks you into thinking you're hungry, but the pangs might be banished with a glass of water. If you are truly hungry though, you can eat some fat free, sugar free Jello, or an extra veggie serving would not be all that bad. When did you start LAWL? If you are in the Fast Forward part of the plan, it's the hardest, and you might feel like you have too much food to eat after that. Also, check out the daily menu thread, you can always post what you're eating there, and ask for some suggestions on how to rearrange your meals so that you feel more full, or the full feelign lasts longer.

JM -- Did you do your FF with the juice, or with oranges, or canteloupes or grapefruit? I think I need to to one to get myself remotivated. I have some juice waiting at home, so no excuses not to do it.

juliemarie
08-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Joni- she was asleep when I went to pick her up. It's funny-the garbage truck or even me walking around on squeaky floors, the cat meowing-all that can wake her up from a nap-but there she was in the infant room (more on that later) fast asleep with babies crying, lots of noise, etc. She had just gone down-so I put her in the car and she barely opened her eyes. She was wiped. She started to wake up when I got her home like an hour later (traffic!) and woke up to me and my mom. She was stoked.

I really liked the daycare-they have a sheet they fill out on each child-so I know what she ate (everything they gave her apparently) and when they changed her and what was in the diaper. Other notes too. I guess she was pretty upset until her morning nap-but slept 2 hours and woke up happy.

Mom's having a harder time at home strangely enough. Getting her to nap. She's teething too-so that plays a part. I'm giving her ibuprofen nearly every day. Gas stuff too.

So-back at the daycare tomorrow-hopefully she'll be awake when I get there so I can see for myself how she's acting. They're going to keep her for a few days in the infant room since she's still napping in the morning and not walking and transitioning her with a couple others into the wobbler room. Not sure on the timeframe. So-no cute stories yet. I'm sure they'll come.

juliemarie
08-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Angie-I used the knudsen's juice . . . .

Repo girl
08-01-2007, 02:58 PM
JM- Glad to hear that her day went pretty good.

No baby news for my sister, we are hoping for labor today. Think wet and painful thoughts for her, won't you?

emmysmom
08-01-2007, 03:00 PM
JM - wobbler room...that's too cute:) It sounds like you have a well-organized daycare for Josie. They're hard to come by sometimes. The preschool that Emmy is in now is actually the 5th place she's been since she was 3 months old (okay, I'm very particular with who watches my baby).

Joni - you got the stalker story right on!

Lynx
08-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Hi all,
Just a few comments - there are so many topics floating around.
Amy - about your hunger. I was on gold with lites and I found that with only 2 proteins a day, I had to use my dairy (yogurt) for one of my meals. So I would have usually yogurt and a fruit and sometimes I would add one of my starches (fiber one) to it.

Nicole - I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your family. You are truly blessed. Welcome back.

Welcome back Angie and Juliemarie and anyone else I missed.

On the potty training - I met a Mom a few weeks ago and spent the afternoon with her and her son. He is just 17 months old and is cute as can be. The Mom was telling me that they are teaching him baby sign language and he has learned to sign when he needs to go poop. She said his accuracy rate is about 80% of the time. Can you believe that? He was adopted from Guatemala and was 10 months old when they brought him home. So his first 10 months his language was Spanish, now he is learning English and baby sign language. How precious!!

Joni135
08-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Julie - I wonder if Josie sleeps so well with all the human baby noises around her because that is the environment she had for the first XX months of her life? If so, I say you need to ask the daycare place to make a tape and sell it to you for those times you really need your rest!

dolphn545
08-01-2007, 03:32 PM
I was reading a WW magazine last night, and on the last page is "MY PAGE PROMISES" (These are directly from the magazine. I thought you may enjoy them as well ...)

"I promise to enjoy the ride. Losing weight has its ups and downs, but I'll try to embrace every moment."

"I promise to laugh more. So what if I try a yoga pose and topple over? It's just another goal to strive for on my journey."

"I promise to ____________________________"

BarbaraB
08-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Chiquita and Amy, I was super hungry on Gold with Lites, but then again I was doing a lot of exercise. I ended up promising to do at least 5 hours of cardio a week if they would just put me back on blue. So I've stuck to that for months now and boy, I've surely gotten in amazing shape just to have one extra starch and half a protein a day! I hesitate to consider what I would have been willing to do to get on the feel full plan....

Welcome Amy! if you continue to feel hungry and you are exercising quite a lot, you may need to be on a higher plan. Talk to a counselor (or maybe it will take 2 or 3 of them to finally decide to move you).

Julie Marie, my daughter was tempted by lacy pink panties that I wouldn't let her wear until she started using the potty. I guess you have to find what motivates your own child. Now that she is 18, you can motivate her with designer footware and handbags... so now I'm rather wistful when it only took a 2$ pair of panties!

Dan, My daughter was a little chunky at about your daughter's age. I think it is something hormonal when the girl hormones are getting ready to hit. She is likely to spurt up, thin down and get moody and sensitive sometime soon. My daughter was quite thin between 6th and 9th grade, when she needed to have a serious surgery on her foot and was unable to walk for a couple of months and gained a little weight then that has been hard for her to keep off ever since then.

Katie, loved the article. Since I've gotten to maintenance, some of those old voices are back whispering in my ear... Just when I thought I had them all vanquished for life... but those fat voices can't have me back...

2nd day of TO for me... haven't stepped on a scale in almost a week... Mostly just wanted to start my vacation feeling thin, as that makes me behave a bit better so I keep the weight down. 3 more days of work, and then I'm out for 2 and a half weeks, first week back packing and then a week and a half in Hawaii. I'm so excited to have some time away from work. I promised the DH for years that we would go backpacking when the kid was in college, and somehow got out of it last year... This year I should do OK, even if I carry a 40 pound pack.. I'll still be dragging less weight up the hill than last time I did it. Hope it is fun... I don't think I've been backpacking since the my daughter was born, although he took her with him a time or two...

To all the LAWL 3FC bloggers, hope you are having a POP day!

KrispieD
08-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Hello Everyone!
It sounds like life is back to normal.. I see Katie, Joni, Pearl, NICOLE! I thought you had all deserted ship :)
Well first off for the update.. I got a note that the mom who's house I was at last week got my wedding band out from under the deck... AND

I just got a call from my hubby Mark.. it seems his dad just called him to inform him that he found Mark's missing wedding band... in HIS SOCK!!!!!
This ring that went missing on June 24 appeared in my father in law's sock!
I would post longer but I am running to the church as I think the big guy is really expecting a thank you from the Duncan family.. back with more later!!!

Dan2112
08-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Sherry... Good catch.. I meant to mention that I bought them at Walgreens, in the snack area, but forgot to do so.

They made a great accompanyment to my low sodium (50mg) roast beef sandwich on double fiber bread with a slice of all natural jalepeno jack cheese (with an additional sprinkle of jalepenos). I wish I could eat a sandwich like that every day.. It was dang good!

smjezzy
08-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Kristen - Might I suggest just getting wedding bands tattoo'd on your fingers? That story's just weird!

OK Dan still not getting the cheese thing. Where do you get "all natural" cheese?

LizzyW
08-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Hi everybody,

JM - I made it priority to keep it kind of noisy when the kids were napping because it would get them used to the noise and not wake them up. The down part of that now, I guess, is that my DD doesn't even wake up to the most annoying alarm clock ever. We can hear it and we are across the house.

Barbara - Wow a 2 1/2 week vacation? That sounds so wonderful.I hope you have a great time and kiss the sand for us in Hawaii.

As far as the potty training, both of our kids were potty trained by the age of 3. I kind of let them take control of that. We had started to train DD at about 1 or so and she did really good, but then digressed so I figured she wasn't quite ready.

Nicole - Glad to see you back. Also glad to hear that DS's surgery went well. Give him lots of love from us and we hope for a quick recovery.

Well better get back to work. Joni, Katie, Katy, Dan, Sherry, Amy, Tina and everyone else that I forgot to mention, have a great POP day.

Liz
XOXOXO

Dan2112
08-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Well, ok.. I'll try... :lol:

LA Girl
08-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Hello Everyone,

Just thought I would check back in after my weigh in and let you know that it turns out that my walks with my daughter are counted as exercise! I thought they were just fun outings with my little girl but I do them about 3 times/week and it turns out to be about 45 minutes every time. I thought exercise had to be a formal visit to a gym with endless hours on some machine.

So, long story short they put me on the blue plan and I am hoping that will go a little better for me! Thanks for all of the advice, I really do appreciate it and have a renewed spirit!

Mama Nicole
08-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Kristen..........WTF is with the wedding bands and you and DH? LOL. It's just too weird. Is this the first you have heard of your FIL being a clepto??? LOL. Regardless, I am happy you have them, as I know they are blended family heirlooms.

JM.......have you ever seen one of those homedics sound machines? I used one for both of my boys, still do, actually, and it is like a God send. It is this cute little machine that makes nice even consistent noise to keep your little one undistracted during sleepy time. I set mine of crickets (not what the setting is called, but whatever), and my boys can sleep though just about anything. I was quite annoyed by it at first, but after watching some of my girlfriends have great success, I decided to bear with it, and now I actually find it soothing. We turn it up quite loud so we don't constantly have to be shhhhing the other kids. Works for us. Oh, and I travel with mine too.......it either plugs into the wall or takes batteries.

Also, in my experience, kids sleep more at daycare than at home. I think they are super smart, and figure, "why waste time sleeping when I am with mom/grandma..........and while this daycare gig is fun and all......I think I will take really good naps while I am here so I can spend more time with mom when I get home." I used to have mom's tell me all the time that their kids "rarely napped at home, so why do they sleep so good at your house." I truly think that is why........so don't beat yourself up about it, or grandma........just be flattered :)

Well, today I am painting my plywood floors (you remember, the remodel job that will never be finished). I am really tired of trying to clean up messes off of bare plywood. I bought really cheap porch paint, and am trying all kinds of crazy tricks to keep my boys busy while I am trying to paint. I am about half way finihsed, and I think I am nuts for trying this. Actually, my dog is being more of a pain than the kids....go figure.

Thank you for all the compliments on my kids. Emily and Natalie were not featured in this last batch of pictures, but they will be soon, and I now have my very own digital camera.

Oh, and Joni, don't be too jealous...........while DH is quite wonderful, he still is a young man (30 yrs.), and sometimes that can be frustrating in itself......however, it does have it's benefits.......LOL.

Where is Kim? Both of them? And Wendy and Wendy?

K, back to painting.......I hope :)
XOXO

juliemarie
08-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Amy-

How interesting, considering I was told my marathon training couldn't be counted towards the 5 hours a week because it was JUST WALKING!

Gee-that was like, a year ago. Think I'm still bitter? ;)

KrispieD
08-01-2007, 04:37 PM
JM Great to see you!!! I actually teach the sign language and after doing it with both my own girls and now having taught for three years I can attest for many many moms that found it helpful! A lot of my students use it with children they have adopted and it really helps. I'll PM you a few easy to use books if you like.. keep up the great work.. you have adapted REALLY well!

we're proud of you!

juliemarie
08-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Nicole-

I've started playing a CD of Asian lullabies at night-I think it helps somewhat. But she's still waking up halfway through the night and I don't know why.

Lynn-I have to laugh because one of the most common questions is how Josie's language developmen is coming. I also received her at 10 months-but I really don't think it's much of an issue for a baby who isn't talking yet. She learned her name really quick and the word NO (understand, she's still babbling). But yesterday my mom was talking to someone about my friend's little boy (also from Vietnam) who is 18 months and says quite a few words and repeats everything. And they were like "In English?". Too funny-uh, yeah. He's 18 months old and translating English to Vietnamese already:)

juliemarie
08-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Kristen-yes-I would like info about those books. I've heard the SL works really well. My neice who has Down's Syndrome still hasn't really started talking yet (she just turned 7) and they have taught her some SL at school. very helpful. I'll I really know is "more".

Since josie isn't talking yet-I would really like to know when she's hungry or thirsty. Real basic stuff that's helpful.

emmysmom
08-01-2007, 04:43 PM
JM - The Baby Einstein videos are really good, too. It's not all about signing, but it teaches some basic signs. They're really entertaining for the babies, too...actually my 3yo still watches them:)

Dan2112
08-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Kristen - Might I suggest just getting wedding bands tattoo'd on your fingers? That story's just weird!

OK Dan still not getting the cheese thing. Where do you get "all natural" cheese?

That basically means minimal processing with the addition of all kinds of additives and preservatives.. (ie) Kraft singles and stuff like that.. The cheese does tend to be a bit higher in fat, but it's better for you in the long run..

That's why we're not allowed to have cheese on our egg mcmuffins from Mickey D's.. the processed stuff is full of things that hinder our diets...

juliemarie
08-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Josie LOVES her baby einstein videos-but i haven't seen one that signs yet. She mainly like the music ones . . .

smjezzy
08-01-2007, 05:06 PM
That basically means minimal processing with the addition of all kinds of additives and preservatives.. (ie) Kraft singles and stuff like that.. The cheese does tend to be a bit higher in fat, but it's better for you in the long run..

That's why we're not allowed to have cheese on our egg mcmuffins from Mickey D's.. the processed stuff is full of things that hinder our diets...

So if I get cheese from the deli counter that's fine? I've been getting the pre-pkged reduced fat crap but I'd be a happy camper to go back to deli cheese.

BarbaraB
08-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Amy, That is great! I loved the blue plan. That half a protein for breakfast was perfect for me. It really isn't a LOT more food, but it is enough to see you through.

JulieMarie, I found some of the counselors were skeptical about exercise. One counselor actually advised me that I would lose faster if I didn't exercise very much! I considered that bad advice. Although perhaps the POUNDS would come off faster. The fat wouldn't. I'm bitter for you too, since that should have counted!

Kristen, that is just so weird how they both showed up at the same time like that! I'm so happy that you found both of them. Maybe you need yours sized down? I need to go and have the 20 year anniversary ring that my hubby bought me sized down, since I think my finger is about 2 sizes smaller than it used to be. I decided after 20 years, I deserved the diamond we couldn't afford when we got married. Both my sisters got really nice rings by getting divorced and remarried, and I told my husband it was just cheaper to get a new ring than a new wife. I also managed to get new knives and pots and pans and china using the same logic... LOL...

Liz, I haven't had more than a week off in years! and I've been here 12 years and don't think I've ever even taken a full 2 weeks off... I was going to take off 3 weeks, but let one of the project managers whine at me until I said I'd come back a couple of days early. They have worn me to a frazzle trying to get done everything that I should have gotten done if I hadn't taken vacation done early, and last week put in 54 hours... so now I REALLY need the vacation. I hate that their response to you want vacation was just to move all the deadlines 3 weeks early... I guess I'm bitter for myself too!

Dan, I had to stop reading about your sandwich... Roast beef sounds too dang good during the second day of TO.

Dan2112
08-01-2007, 05:34 PM
well, within reason.. Try to find part skim.. I love Boar's Head brand cheese as they contain little or no additives or preservatives.. And I'm sure you can find Boar's Head pretty easily in Austin.. Their web site has a store locator on it, I think.

There are also "natural" cheeses in the dairy case at the store as well. Just be sure to read and compare the ingredients.

juliemarie
08-01-2007, 05:36 PM
BarbaraB- We may go to the same COD (or at least the one I went to then-I don't bother anymore). I totally told them off and made them move me up a plan-I was walking an average of 15 hours a week for cryin out loud. And hit the gym too for about 3 hours . . .And yes-they don't get the exercise thing. They are more worried about the 2lbs/week than truly losing fat and inches.

smjezzy
08-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Lot's of Boar's head here. I'm happy to go back to deli cheese. I actually don't even do cheese much anymore but when I do it will be nice to have some good stuff. Thanks

slim n trim
08-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Great News Kristen!!!

Happy to hear that both rings have been recovered. God works in mysterious ways. I am sure you must be absolutely thrilled. I am happy for you.

bahamadream10
08-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Hello everyone-
JM- I loved when my daycare(I had a babysitter that did it at home)wrote in a book the schedule of the day, I felt more involved in their life even when I am at work.
What did you eat for your 2 days of TO I have never lost that much weight I am lucky if I lose 2 or 3 lbs and gain back 2 of that. That is an awesome loss. Congrats.

Angie- Thanks for the tip.

Amy- That is great they changed your plan I hope that works out better for you. I was having the same problem so they changed my plan they didn't change my color but they added 1 Veg. 1/2 dairy and took 1 fruit away, and that seems to be working better for me. Good luck.

Sherrie- Thanks for the response I hope it moves at some point soon! Have fun camping!

Have a great night everyone.
Nanette

MomOfThreeTeens
08-01-2007, 08:43 PM
"Where is Kim? Both of them?"
:waving: I'm here Nicole! I started back to work this week, UGH!!! I cant believe its time to start back to school already! I spent the first part of my summer break recovering and right when I'm feeling great, its time to go back to work! Figures! LOL

WI this morning was good, moving on to my 3rd week of stabilization! So far my weight has stayed exactly the same. Sooo so far so good! I told them if I started gaining when they added food back, that I would stop eating, freaked them out! LOL They all yelled NOOOO dont do that!

WOW Kristen, I'm so glad you found your ring, both of them! Thats just too weird! Power of prayer!!!

JulieMarie!!! Welcome back sweetie!! Glad things are going so great with Josie!

Hello to everybody else!!!

KrispieD
08-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Kim you hottie you.. what will everyone say at work when they see you?
WOWEE

Thanks for the well wishes on the ring.. I think I'm off to buy a lotto ticket now! hmm is that store near dairy queen??

amylou7777
08-01-2007, 10:05 PM
WOW! Kristen-this is truly your lucky day! I hope you win big with the lotto!

I am finally getting over this flubug-Angie I hope you are feeling better!
So far the scale has stayed the same since my w/i where it was way down after I'd been unable to eat for a day. I'm hoping it stays true til friday when I go in!

Liza- I hope MM is adjusting well and you are enjoying your time with her. How are you doing with POP since she's been back?

Joni- how is everything with your job? I hope it's not effecting your LAWL enthusiasm! I know that stuff can be stressful. I know someone else was going through something similar but I can't remember who?!

Juliemarie- I love your vietnam photos! What a beautiful baby! And I love her nursery! Good luck learning Sign language-I've seen a few kiddies here and there signing and it sure is helpful!

Pearl- now I remember it was you going through job troubles-how is everything going? have they sold the bowling alley yet? What a thing to have to worry about- I hope it works out for the best!

Nicole- so good to see you back! what precious pictures! I hope everything works "out" (pun intended) for your son!

Lettie- good luck with your busy week and your financial struggles. My Dbf is going through some career changes and there have been some rough times, but somehow it has always worked out, I know it will for you too.

Jillian-how is life now that you are home? It's always hard to come back to work! I know you have a trip to RI coming up, hope it goes great! Nice work losing weight on vacay...I need to get my workouts in this week but haven't felt up to it with this flu bug. I finally bought the Biggest Loser workout DVD but haven't gotten to try it yet!
Where's DebTN?????

Kim-I know summer seems too short! Are you a teacher? I'm start back to school (as a student) in less than two weeks and can't believe it!!! I have been loving my summer job and the absence of stress....not for much longer! Hope you have had a nice week back.

Renee-how are ya? how was the beach?

Boo's Mom-CONGRATS on the job offer!! I'm SO glad it worked out for you!

Amy-WELCOME! I struggled with hunger for about 3 days on the program. Then it was gone! I just kept telling myself, "this too shall pass" when I would be going to bed hungry...and of course it did! You will be fine if you just stick to it right down to the letter!

Hi Tina, Dan, Liz, Lynn, everyone! Hope it's been a POP day!

bayoubelle68
08-01-2007, 10:26 PM
Oh, boy, did I just get the wind knocked out of my sails! I was packing and going through a bunch of photos that had gotten stuck in a filing cabinet when I came across a picture of a 4th grade student from about 6 years ago. I'll never forget about 3 years ago when I saw on the news that he had been killed. His estranged father had broken into their home with the intent of killing J's mother. When J and his younger brother (ages 12 and 11) had tried to defend her, their father had killed them all. I was absolutely devastated. J had been a tough kid, but I had absolutely adored him. It was the first time I had ever lost a former student. A few days later when I saw the report about the funeral, it was just as hard. I had just given birth to DD and couldn't attend, but seeing his pallbearers - all his age and wearing their football team jerseys just broke my heart. Seeing J's picture tonight just took my breath away. I tucked it away in a safe place and reminded myself to cherish every day that I am blessed with.

Joni135
08-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Juliemarie - I must be tired...I was reading your post and thought this said you were playing Clay Aiken CDs to help Josie sleep....this makes sense now that I've re-read it!
I've started playing a CD of Asian lullabies at night

Nicole - Hope Maggie Mae is still her beautiful champagne color! Good luck with the floors. I finally got to look at the latest pics...OMG..all your kids are gorgeous...and now that mama has a new digital camera...look out! I couldn't help looking at the 21 lb watermelon and think...geez...I need to lose JUST one of those and I'd be so much closer to goal. Loved the butt cucumber (never heard of such a thing) and reference to Lea Ann's beer butt chicken!

Kristen - I am so thrilled you found your rings...amazing outcome on DH's ring. Don't you just have to wonder how it got there??? I had a little episode at home tonight with super glue and perhaps you might want to consider buying a tube to permanently apply your rings!??

Joni135
08-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Amy - thanks for asking. So far the job is still around but everything is in limbo while the acquiring company does more fact finding and finalization of the contract. I still have to sit by the phone and be available, but the work has come to an almost stand still. I find myself cleaning a little bit around the house and taking some online classes offered by my company when the spirit moves. I could get used to this kind of job (no work and full pay)...It won't last!

Felicia - that story gave me chill bumps and is so sad. Seems like once a week lately there is a story on the local news about a family murder suicide. You are so right...we need to cherish each moment; each day.

amylou7777
08-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Wow Felicia, what a tragic story. I can imgaine how it affected you. Just reading it took my breath away. I'm sure packing has been such a trip down memory lane for you, and it always hurts to come across the tough memories. I wouldn't be surprised to hear the father then took his own life, how could you live one more minute knowing what you had done? If not, I hope "justice" was served. I am so thankful for my loved ones and always pray that those who desperately need help get what it is they need in order to stay sane.
On a lighter note, I cannot wait to see pictures of your new place once it's unpacked.

Joni- No work and full pay sounds good to me! It's so nice you can be home as well. I really hope this new acquiring company treats you well!

CandlePrincess
08-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Ok..here is my sign language and child story: I was a deaf education major in college and when DFS came to live with us and he wasn't talking I took on the task of teaching him some signs, and his developmental therapist has also tried to teach him some too. and in true fashion of this sweet child...HE REFUSED TO SIGN! Now he knows the signs...and uses them ONLY when it works for him. He is something else I'll tell you!

amy2liz30
08-01-2007, 11:47 PM
If you haven't turned on the news you probably aren't aware that a whole bridge collapsed in downtown minneapolis today. My husband would have been on that bridge at the time of the disaster but got a craving for white castle instead! Praise the belly bombs!!!!!!! My husband is alive

bradleys mom
08-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Okay, I got awesome news!!! After being very disappointed on Monday, because I had my WI and I was above my starting weight (remember I'm a newbie...), I went to WI today, and I have lost 3.8 lbs since Monday! WOW I am so excited now!

Amy, I am glad your husband is o.k. , Doesn't God work in mysterious ways?!

mom2aljool
08-01-2007, 11:59 PM
I live in MN too and have talked to several people that were on that bridge earlier today. Praise the Lord your husband is okay! It is such a horrible disaster. So sad.

Mama Nicole
08-02-2007, 12:10 AM
Oh crap.......I hope Wendy is ok.....and Michael. Let us know please :)

I am not going to do one of my long winded posts today.....but wanted to take a moment to say :welcome: to all the newbies. I have been away for well over a month, and have not had the time to get to know you all, but we are all so glad you are here :) You really can do this....... :)

Ok, I have to run to go finish making my tomato paste......a new endeavor, but I HAVE to do something with the 200 tomatos (not even exaggerating) on my counter :)

Goodnight all :) XOXO

Prazteam
08-02-2007, 05:49 AM
Nicole - Don't know if you have freezer space or not, but one of the BEST tips I ever got for tomatos is to wash them, cut the stem out (mine were salsa tomatoes) and freeze them in a freezer bag. When you need tomatoes for soups, stews, sauces... you just slip however many you need out of the freezer, hold under hot water and the skin slips right off. "Fresh" whole tomatoes! I even vacuum packed mine after they were frozen and they keep great.
Okay, probably said all that and you don't have a freezer... oh well. :)
Hugs,

Joni135
08-02-2007, 09:51 AM
I came on here to see if Wendy had checked in...I sent her a PM and will let you know if I hear back. I think she lives near St. Cloud (vs St. Paul), but not really sure....

mizzt
08-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Hello Everyone

Ive been MIA pulling lots of extrahours at work....
This mornin me and my DS went to WI this morning and I was told that we are going on the new FREE TO LIVE Plan with the plate...so looks like I too will be reading the posts very carefully....as I will be starting it next week in my COD...Wish me luck!

Hello to everyone as i am not caught up at all on posts! And I hope we end our week with great losses! We are headed back camping this weekend and next weekend...

On a positive note... since June I have gone from (ugh) size 26 down to 22 thanks my lucky stars!!

Anyways gang stay strong and Be all you can be ..POP!!!!

emmysmom
08-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Felicia - :hug: It's such a shame that those things happen. It's just heartbreaking to hear about all the tragedies in our world and when you hear about children being involved it's just so much worse.

Dan2112
08-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Morning all.. Let's hope today is better for all of us...

I accidently grabbed the regular yogurt on my way out the door this morning, so my breakfast was a bit more caloric than usual.. That Blueberry Activa is tasty stuff!!

Way to go Mizzt!!! Such a great feeling when the old clothes are too big...

Way to go Kimberly!!! Those first few pounds lost make all the difference in the world.. They let you know that you CAN do it if you apply yourself and stick to the plan.. There will be ups and downs, but you can't let them get you down!

Felicia - such a sad story.. I can't imagine what that must have been like to go through. But it's good that his heroism lives on through your memories.

Ok people.. Go out there and be one with your POP!!!

space99s1
08-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Good morning..

Felicia, that is very sad. It is especially shocking when you are unexpectedly reminded of the tragedy (by coming across the picture.)

I think we hear so much tragedy involving children that we start to become immune to it. Maybe we are inundated with it, saturated to the point of becoming numb. Or, maybe we hear so much that we go into a state of denial that such a thing could "never happen to us." Though a lot of these tragic events are domestic in really messed up homes and if your home is relatively tranquil there is less of a chance of it happening to you, there are still the random acts of violence (like the family who was terrorized in Massachusetts and the mother and two daughters were murdered recently) that can happen to anyone.

Prayers to those involved in the Minn. bridge collapse. My first thought was a terroristic act but considering the age of the bridge (40 years old!), perhaps not...

On a brighter note, it is a nice sunny day and the pool is beckoning me...but I have a lot of work to do before vacation next week. :( Still....I might sneak in a dip later this afternoon between meetings.. :)

Katy66
08-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Good Morning Everyone! I was off line most of yesterday afternoon. My DD did end up having a UTI :( after her ua was cultured so I left early to go ahead and get her on meds. Glad we caught it early.

Nicole - I couldn't agree more that kids sleep better at daycare. I think there is more stimulation so they are actually tired by nap time.

Dan - Right there with you on the cheese....I've always avoided anything that says "processed cheese food" what the $#@% is "cheese food"???:?: Yuck!

Kristen - Great story on recovering your rings. I'm so happy for you!

Amy - The bridge collapse is tragic. I'm happy that your DH had his craving. You hear so many stories like that, if it hadn't been for one change in plans/routine people would have been involved.

MizzT - Congrats on the smaller clothes, go shopping:cool:

Kimberly - congrats on your great loss.

:wave: To Emmy's Mom, Felicia, Nicole, Pearl and anyone I've missed. Have a great Friday Eve!:carrot:

Mama Nicole
08-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Good morning everyone :) It is supposed to be yet another bright, hot, sunshiny day.........so I best get my boys out pretty quick, but wanted to pop in to say hello.

I put my pool up last week. It is one of those soft sided ones with the blow-up ring around it. Anyway, it's 15 feet across, and 42 inches deep.......and it is really late to be putting it up......but we have been dragging our feet since it required some pretty heavy duty re-landscaping because our yard is very unlevel. For three summers now we have been trying to get it right.......and actually, this summer we were thinking of skipping it.........as it can be quite worrysome with the two little ones. Especially since Andrew is an escape artist. Anyway, I decided we just HAD to do it......so instead of putting it on a honeydo list (which I'm not really into anyway......former single mom here)........I just did it. Right now, I have to go vacuum it, and then it ought to be good to go. DH wasn't mad at all (I thought he might be, as I resurfaced a large chunk of our tiny yard)......but is worried about Houdini. Anyway.......I think I will be spending a great deal of time in the pool for the next few days. It's so fun.

Pearl.......thank you for the tomato tip. I actually do have a lot of freezer space.....and I have some tomatos frozen (my mom told me that wonderful trick).........but I am having a hard time deciding how many to freeze. I worry that I may not use them all in time. Do you think they are good for like up to a year in the freezer? Also, I decided to try tomato paste, as our family spagetti sauce calls for it......and that way, I can give a decent amount to my mom if it turns out good. I had to take it off the stove last night, as I was getting too tired, but plan to put it to go in a few minutes. Have you ever made tomato paste? I am learning about canning......and it is really quite fun. DH and I do it together, so it is a nice time with him :) By the way.......when DO you sleep? LOL.

Ok, much to do...........very little time. I have company comming Saturday (it just never ends, does it?), so I have to find time to clean this mess up too............(wishful thinking).

Have a POP day everyone :)
XOXO

JLem311
08-02-2007, 11:54 AM
hey everyone. i don't have to work til 330pm today, so i'm busy busy packing and getting stuff together for our weekend trip to RI. we're leaving directly after work tonight. it's about a 12hr drive, so we'll hopefully get there around 11am tomorrow morning.
i went to COD today and got my new numbered plan instead of the colored ones. i also bought more weeks last week (19 more to be exact!) and today, since i haven't been averaging 2lbs/week, they put me on the LA Express for the next 4 weeks. not really dreading any of this new plan stuff, really. just a bit overwhelmed with the fact that i've got to re-program myself. i think i get 3 1/2 proteins, 4 veggies, 4 fruit, 5 starches, 2 fat and 2 dairy. dang!!!
i decided not to do the bars anymore, so that's why i have so much to eat.
i told them i'll try it out for a month or so, to see how i'm liking it/doing without the bars and go from there.

anyways, gotta get going and get stuff done! be back later, maybe!

JLem311
08-02-2007, 11:55 AM
oh...and i lost another pound! whoo! 'bout to get into the two-oh something's! yay!

Katy66
08-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Way to go Jillian! Have a great trip this weekend.

Mama Nicole
08-02-2007, 12:00 PM
WTG Jillian :)

Hey, Joni.........what is it I am trying to figure out about your job? Are you not working right now?

amy2liz30
08-02-2007, 12:00 PM
to all;
i have never been so happy to see my husband than I was last night.
We are even headed up to his job site to have lunch with him today.
So far got in my exercise 2 long miles in a horrific heat index. i think i am still sweating. then ate my starch and 1/2 protein, i just love that jet start. Too bad they are discontinuing it. :(

JLem311
08-02-2007, 12:08 PM
so glad to see you back and posting, nicole! missed ya!

Dan2112
08-02-2007, 12:45 PM
to all;
i have never been so happy to see my husband than I was last night.
We are even headed up to his job site to have lunch with him today.
So far got in my exercise 2 long miles in a horrific heat index. i think i am still sweating. then ate my starch and 1/2 protein, i just love that jet start. Too bad they are discontinuing it. :(

Have a nice relaxing lunch!!

With all the heat up your way, what's the fire situation like? I may be heading out of state here in a week or so to a fire, but not sure where I'll land.. I'm thinking either Montana or Oregon, but if Minnesota is burning, I may end up there too..

I guess I missed where y'all were talking about Jet Start.. Why are they discontinuing it?

LizzyW
08-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Morning everyone,

I have great news, I broke the 170's. I am now at 169.4. The lowest I have been in a very long time. Yipee for me!!!!! :)

I also have been entered in a contest to win 2 tickets to Denver to see Maroon 5. I won a Bud Light prize pack as well. I have never won anything in contests before. This is great. Probably won't win the trip, but hey, I made it to the drawing part.

I have heard all about the bridge collapsing. So tragic. At least the bus full of kids were all ok. That could have turned out so much worse. I think with those kinds of bridges, they really need to be upgraded every so many years. It will be interesting to hear what they find out that caused it. I am sad for the 4 people, so far, that have lost their lives.

Well I guess I had better get to work. Yall have a wonderful POP day.

Liz
XOXO

bizlawchik
08-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Hi all... have a lot to read and catch up on, but I wanted to share a really yummy breakfast that was simple! I took a container of FF key lime yogurt and crumbled in a graham cracker. It was S,D and tasted just like a key lime pie. Totally portable too. I had it during a break from class. And I was surprised that it carried me from 8:30 until now. I'll probably eat lunch around 1 or so, but I still have my fruit and 1/2P from this morning too. Yum-O!

Katy66
08-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Cassi - that does sound yummy:)

Liz - congrats on the milestone!

hollyak24
08-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Hello all.
There are so many subjects to comment about.
1. Baby sign language: big thumbs up from me. DS is 15 months and does drink, more, and thank you. We also have made up our own signs for round and round (when he asks me to turn on the ceiling fan) and a few others that are escaping me now.
2. Potty training: we have not started, by dsd who is 13 next month thinks that ds 15 months should be potty training now. I am determined not to start until at least 18 months.
3. Cruelty against children, especially your own children, is something that I cannot stand right now. I am so angry. In our area alone one 9 year old was shot (killed) by his dad and one 6 month oldís mom set his crib on fire while he was in it. The baby died 3 weeks after the incident. I have had to stop watching the news because I am not handling the injustice well at all. I feel that I need to fix all of it and I donít know what to do. This makes my weight loss journey seem less important in the grand scheme of life, Not that it isnít important, but itís on a COMPLETELY different scale!
4. I am, of course, praying for those affected by the bridge collapse. How tragic.

Joni135
08-02-2007, 01:51 PM
I did hear from Wendy (Wendelina) and she is okay.....she'll check in as soon as possible...but work is busy for her right now.

Yeah Liz...seeing those new numbers must have been a fabulous feeling..

Jillian - WTG on the continued weight loss. Good luck with the no bars. I tried none at all and now I do one a day. Of course, my lbs are not flying off.

Nicole - I'm still working but in the middle of an acquisition and not sure yet if the new company will let me work remote and the commute from Georgia to Reston, VA would be a bit hard on my wallet! I should know something by September 1...in the meantime, I'm basically getting paid to do nothing (and I'm really good at this!!).

okay, so I read this article that said you should not have user IDs or nicknames that make fun of your size...so I definitely have to get rid of the Lottame2minime name (how many times have I said this). Here are some choices: I promise I'll decide by tomorrow and then Lottame will be outta here!

ChaChick (charron is my last name or Charlie my dog...chick for this 3FC site)
ChickJoni
Joni135 (my goal weigh)
JoniBaloney (just kidding)

emmysmom
08-02-2007, 02:22 PM
I like JoniBaloney! :rofl:

emmysmom
08-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Huge congrats, Liz!!! And good luck with the contest!

Have fun in the pool, Nicole!

Discontinuing JetStart? I didn't know that...

CandlePrincess
08-02-2007, 03:01 PM
you can change your user name???? now that's new!

bizlawchik
08-02-2007, 03:11 PM
How 'bout bonyjoni? get it??? you'll be thin... and bony???

OK, it was bad, I know.

Joni135
08-02-2007, 03:14 PM
very funny Tina!!! When I change mine, I'm going to tell them to change yours too...StalkerMom!!

Oh Liz...I'm jealous...I'm a Bud Light girl! What came with your Bud Light prize?

Lynx
08-02-2007, 03:16 PM
I like GeorgiaJoni or GAJoni......

Joni135
08-02-2007, 03:19 PM
Cassi - don't forget...I know your real, legal name....and if you make me really, really mad, I will use it....just like those moms that use their kids full legal first name middle name and last name when they want to really be heard!

So far, no one is helping me. Bunch of losers I tell ya...bunch of losers!

Kristen, the ring goddess, will surely help me out. Or Lea Ann, the English teacher. Nicole's busy watching magic boy in the pool...Felciia's unpacking...Renee (another teacher)..what do you think. Okay, Dan's pretty good with this stuff too. I'm waaaaiiiiting.

Oh, I see Lynx has chimed in with a legitimate suggestion. Thank you!!

Heather - you cannot change your name...it's too pretty. Mine is stupid and must change.

Oh good lord...I have almost 1500 posts...maybe I should be chattychick..no..I'll save that if Nicole ever wants to change.

juliemarie
08-02-2007, 03:24 PM
what about joniloveschachi? ;)

Mama Nicole
08-02-2007, 03:56 PM
LOL........I'm still thinking JoniNicole has a nice ring to it............seriously though, you've got me stumped. I do think your reasons for changing it are valid and good, but I love minime......LOL

bayoubelle68
08-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Joni - no, actually Felicia's still PACKING!! The movers come tomorrow at 9 a.m. We've been taking boxes over, but they're coming for the furniture. After that, I'll be unpacking for a LONG time! Although, I have lots less to unpack since I'm getting rid of SO much junk!! I was walking through the new house this morning (some new furniture was being delivered) and I had to remind myself that it's OURS and we're not just visiting someone!!

bizlawchik
08-02-2007, 04:13 PM
I vote for JM's suggestion! Love that one.

angelbretsmom
08-02-2007, 04:18 PM
hey all I just finished take off and went and got weighed to day I lost 2.2 lbs which is great no I am hoping I stay under 165 range now, for the last 3 weeks I would lose and the right back to 165.. I am rethinking and I may change my goal to 160... as I have 11 weeks left at my center and would like to start the stablization and maintence before I run out of weeks and they want me to buy more from them. That way when my weeks are all done and if I feel like going to my 150 goal then, I have this group and the knowledge from being at the center without handing more money to them, they also just informed me today they uped the prices on all of thier supplements which I only take EFA from them now. and the juice is now $28.95 can you belive that it is crazy I have been doing TO with the oranges and get way better results from it then the juice, I was not losing with the juice at all..

Stacie

CandlePrincess
08-02-2007, 04:30 PM
ok Joni...since you're southren....you could do something like JoniBelle! (as in souhren belle!)

Boo'sMom
08-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Joni--I hope someone comes up with something you love--I really expected Kristen to come up with something really catchy--I am useless--and I liked JoniBaloney myself!

There are so many I want to catch up with but by the time I get caught up I lose the will. Bad me....

I am THRILLED Kristen's rings were found.

Had great intentions of taking all my junk to my new room and it's been raining ALL stinkin day!! I love rain but why on the one day i really needed to accomplish something?? Starting Weds of next week (filtering in and out) I will have 15 people at my house for my niece's college graduation--yikes! It seemed like a perfect idea a few months ago. We will have the middle niece's birthday party on Thursday (she requested lasagna and all the fixin's) then the graduation party on Friday (requested rib/BBQ and the fixins)--jeez--I feel like I am running a restuarant. It WILL be fun, it WILL be fun---how many times do I have to repeat to believe??

Okay--all for now--I am here just cranky--doing better eating than I have all summer and started the kickboxing class and I am UP--what gives?

Boo'sMom
08-02-2007, 04:36 PM
ooohhhhh--I like JoniBelle too!

Joni135
08-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Juliemarie...you're showing your age!! I get that all the time...Joni and Chachi...

Oh, I totally forgot about JoniNicole, but in all fairness to some of the others it would have to be JoniNicoleCassiKristenTinaLeaAnnLizaFeliciaPearlDa nLizKatieShannonLettieJillianAmyNancKatyJulieHeath er .... I'm sure there is a character limit!

I'm liking the sound of JoniBelle, but I really hail from Chicago and don't consider myself anything like some of the southern bells I've run into in Georgia.....I think I'll go have some liquid fruit and ponder this some more tonight.

Angie
08-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Felicia -- What a sad memory to come across. I hope there were plenty of happy ones to outweigh that one.

Space -- Enjoy your time in the pool!

Jillian -- Good luck with express and adjusting to the new plan. I still haven't heard any mention of it at my COD.

Liz -- Way to go! That's great news, may the 160's fly by for you and mark the end of your plateau.

Weighing in on baby sign language...we used it with my DS and my DH was worried that it would negatively impact his language development, but rather he has advanced language skills now at 36 months. I think it helped a great deal to know when he was hungry or thirsty.

Joni -- I vote for Joni135 as it has a positive connotation in reference to your goal. Also, how about just Joni? It's uncommon enough that it's likely available. I think your name stands on it's own.

KrispieD
08-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Hmmmmmm I like JoniBaloney and JoniBelle..to me you will always be AuntJoni

I'm thinking, thinking... let me work on this one.. maybe a glass of liquid fruit will make me creative.. I did come up with SaltyDan one of my favs!..

I will put on my creative cap and report back in!!

Dan2112
08-02-2007, 05:29 PM
very funny Tina!!! When I change mine, I'm going to tell them to change yours too...StalkerMom!!

Oh Liz...I'm jealous...I'm a Bud Light girl! What came with your Bud Light prize?

I'm sure she's hard at work, unlike me (:lol:), so I'll answer..

She got two t-shirts, a baseball cap and a very cool beer glass.. Neither one of us is Bud Lite drinker, but hey... Free stuff is free stuff..

Ok everyone.. Keep your fingers crossed and good vibes coming for the contest drawing tomorrow so Liz and I can go back to Denver later this year for the concert!!!

bizlawchik
08-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Jillian - Just scrolled through and saw your new avatar. You're gorgeous!!!

Joni - If you didn't like JM's, how 'bout jonilovescharlie (LOL). Or charliesmom.

juliemarie
08-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Okay-drive by again-someone asked (Nanette?) what I ate the last couple of days on TO to lose 9lbs.-but I did FF, not TO. Unlimited lean proteins and green veggies. Used Knudsens.

Also-usually I gain some back, but I lost another 2 lbs . . . .pretty cool. Of course-it's really mostly water I'm sure. I've been eating so much salty crud-my body is anxious to get rid of the water!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Kristen-We had a staff lunch today in the cafeteria. All the girls that work in the cafeteria knew I was having surgery after school got out. The manager comes out the door after I went through the line, yells KIM come here. I thought I did something wrong. She grabs me by the hand, drags me in to the kitchen and there were about 5 of them, said OK lets see that new tummy! I died laughing! Jerked the shirt up and showed them my new belly button! LOL

Lynx
08-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Regarding Joniloveschachi - Did you hear about the new sitcom titled - Scott Baio is 45 and Single? I am not making this up. It is on VH1. Don't ask me how I know this. I guess I watch too much Entertainment Tonight.

Mama Nicole
08-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Joni......what is your thing? You know........what people know you for? I are a big sports fan? Do you have a publicly known love of a cerrtain food? We know you are a dog lover.....do you have any special talent? Are you the world's best anything? You know what I am talking about. Is there a certain movie or character that everyone knows you love? I chose my name cuz that is what people know me as.......yeah, because I have 5 kids, but also, I tend to want to take care of every living thing I come into contact with. So.............what's your claim to fame? You know, besides being clever, witty, and super young looking. Oh, I may be onto something.........cuz there is no way anyone would know you were almost 50 by your picture......c'mon liquid fruits.......do your magic on Kristen...........I dont know why, but I keep thinking, pantsoffdanceoffJoni........lol. Ever seen that show? It's actually called Pants off Dance off........and it is exactly what it implies......lol. I will be thinking...........and DH is going to laugh at me tonight when I start asking him for suggestions.......lol

Congrats, Kim, on your tummy adventrues!!!
XOXO

bizlawchik
08-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Nicole - If you ever change your name it would have to be nicolelovesCAKE.

Joni - How 'bout something tennis related? Jonilove? Or onelovetennis? I dunno... I don't play...

Wendelina
08-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Hi Everyone - yes.. I'm fine too. We live about 45 min from the bridge, but my dh travels on it several times a week and was supposed to cross it again this morning. Has anyone heard from Barb or Michael that live down there? Thanks for tracking me down too, Joni :)

I have many friends who live in Minneapolis and we're still missing one that no one has heard from. We've all been going through the photos hoping to NOT find his car in any of them. Hopefully his cell phone is just out of juice or something and he'll notify one of us soon that he's okay. Another of my friends is a firefighter and has been sending me texts & photos on her phone. Its heartbreaking folks. Hug the ones you love.

I've been having a pity party. This plateau crap has been killing me. No matter what I did, no movement on the sclae. Then I'd go eat a mexican dinner and lose a pound. Well.. after being completely and totally POP for a week straight, I was rewarded with a 3 lb loss today. *Play Hallelujah Chorus Here* It has given me the kick in the arse I needed.

Hello to everyone - hopefully I can get some personals done tomorrow.

Wendelina
08-02-2007, 09:29 PM
How about LiquidFruitJoni :-)

bahamadream10
08-02-2007, 11:04 PM
Can someone walk me through how to put a weight tracker in my profile I am terrible with computers, and petty as this sounds I don't want to ask my husband which would figure it out 2 seconds, because he doesn't know how much I weigh and I don't want him to know. Thanks for all the help.
Nanette

Joni135
08-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Nanette - have you tried this....

To add a weight loss ticker:

Go to User CP (in the upper left corner of the page)...you can add a ticker under "Edit Signature" or add an avatar (picture) here. The tickers from www.tickerfactory.com track your weight in tenths.

Angie
08-02-2007, 11:24 PM
Wendy -- I'm so glad to hear you are okay. I'm sure it's a very difficult time in your city right now.

Nanette -- I use tickerfactory, so I'll tell you how to do it from there, step by step. I hear you on not wanting to share your weight with your DH, and I sympathize.

1. Go to http://www.tickerfactory.com
2. Click on "Weight Loss"
3. Choose the ruler you like by clicking on the dot next to it. There are 15 pages of them. Once you find the one you want and click that dot, hit the NEXT button.
4. Now you choose the slider you want the same way, and when you are done, choose NEXT again.
5. Now you are in the setup screen. Type in a password or PIN number that you will use each time you update this information.
6. Where it says "Track" leave it set on weight change.
7. Enter in your target weight and your starting weight.
8. Do not fill in the current weight, you'll do that next time when you update.
9. Enter your height if you wish
10. Click NEXT
11. Click to choose a large or small ticker, and a light or dark background.
12. Scroll down, highlight and copy the code in teh bbcode box.
13. Go to 3 fat chicks and click on USER CP
14. Click Edit Signature
15. Scroll down to the white box and paste your information there.
16. Click Preview Signature.

I hope that works! Sorry if I was too detailed, but wanted to make sure the bases were covered.

Every time I think of your name I wonder whatever happened to Danette from Nova Scotia. Danette, are you out there???

Joni135
08-03-2007, 12:19 AM
Amazing what you can find if you search the internet....
other user name options
Stu Pidasole
Alias (I like this one!)

I think I'm leaning towards either JoniBelle or JoniC or Joni135...thanks guys. I have to sleep on this...too much liquid starch! I think I'll do Joni135..constant reminder of my goal weight. I'm not sure how to do this...I'll PM Cassi????

Lynx...I'll have to check out VH1..hadn't heard of that show...

Kim - sounds like you've got "show and tell" down pat for the next couple months!!

Juliemarie - when I see your avatar it reminds me of something Kelly Ripa said on TV the other day. Apparently, when when the stars are getting their pictures taken, they make a point to put their hands on their hips..makes for a much better picture. I need to remember this since most photos I see of myself really stink.....hands on hips!!! I can do that. I even think Dan's hands are sort of on his hips in the "after" photo...in the "before" photo they are sort of hanging down....I think everyone looks better with their hands on their hips.....so.....in closing, tonight's tip of the day is always take a photo with your hands on your hips!

bcandace
08-03-2007, 12:24 AM
I've been at the LAWL game for a few months now but haven't taken the plan too seriously. Currently, I am back on track (POP and daily excercise). Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mama Nicole
08-03-2007, 12:24 AM
Hey Joni......here's one for you........and this is a real name my mom ran into in her office. She works for Kensoha County in Juvenille Intake.......drumroll please.........$hithead. Pronounced........shi theed. LOL LOL LOL. This will probably be censored, andI should probably go to bed now :)

Welcome bcandace :)

XOXO

amylou7777
08-03-2007, 01:07 AM
WOW Nicole...I know a $hithead myself...pronounced $hithhh ed. LOL...it's been a huge joke with my friends for a while-she went to the same college as me! Haha
Joni-I like all of your top choices! I used part of my middle name to be memorable amongst all of the other Amy's out there...and I'm a big fan of 7 since my bday is 7/7

speaking of Amy's where's Jersey been?

I was POP today but am feeling kinda hungry this evening now that I'm done with this flu thing. My home scale is showing me up a couple lbs....I hope it's not true tomorrow morning at w/i!

Casi- I like your key lime/graham cracker idea I think I'm going to try that!

I've written to the Nutritionist a couple times this week, first asking about 100 calorie packs to which they firmly replied that they do not allow during the weight loss portion of my program....:0(

I also found a new tortilla chip at Trader Joes-poppy seed tortilla chips-they are low sodium and high fiber-they approved them! 5=1 starch! Yay!
I don't know how many of you have Trader Joes where you live-but if you do-enjoy these chips! I love them with some ground turkey with chili powder, avocado, tomato and lowfat sour cream!

I've been a little too repetitive with my foods lately. I have a notepad out and will be searching the menu threads and recipes for some brand new ideas!

Carrie-how are you feeling? I hope you are making good progress.

Felicia-good luck! You know it will get done-baby steps...

BCandace-welcome and best of luck getting re-started!

Ok-off to find some new yummy POP foods!

Prazteam
08-03-2007, 03:33 AM
Joni - Okay, it's late... (EARLY) but here goes...

BonJoni.... Okay, a play on Bon Jovi... OR - Bon is French for..?
TrackerJoni - You DO remember tracking me down at work?!?
JuicerJoni... A feeble reference to liquid fruit for ya.
CharliesGirl... right?!?
Million$Pal... you have been to me!
NotPhonyJoni - You're the Genuine article girlfriend!!!
NewImprovedJoni - Don't know if you can be improved... but you will be healthier!
IdonotloveChachi
NoPhoniBaloniJoni
MyCroneyJoni
WillB135Joni
2B135Joni
WillB135
CharlieLovr
CharliesMom
CharliesJoni

Okay, when I think of you... here's what I get

LivnLife2Fullest
Stick-n-2-it
giving&living
Living2Give
GottaBMe
Joni4Real
2Good2bTrue
and of course my favorite...
IwilltrackUdownlikeaBloodHoundbecauseIcareandIwill notgiveupuntilIhearfromU
or
MadeOfTopQuality100%LifeLongFriendMaterial

You're the best!
Blessings,

Prazteam
08-03-2007, 03:40 AM
Nicole, I've never made tomato paste, I've made (and canned) tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce, tomato soup, tomato juice, "V8" Juice, Chili sauce, Swiss Sauce (a tomato sauce with chunks of green peppers and onions in it that I pour over chicken or round steak and cook in the crock pot or oven low and slow) Whew, I'm tired just thinking about it!
P.S.---- Sleep?!? What's that?!? :rofl:

Lynx
08-03-2007, 09:34 AM
Ok I have a few more suggestions for you, Joni
JonisQuest
JonisMission
JonisRainbow
JonisVision

I think they are self explanatory.

Regarding Scott Baio is 45 and Single - there apparently is a scene where he meets Joni (Erin Moran) and they discuss what went wrong in their real love life.

Joni135
08-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Pearl - wow...you sure put your creative juices on late at night! great suggestions (okay some are darn right funny!). As much as I love Charlie dog, I actually have Emma dog too, so I can't show favorites and use one over the other...and since this name change needs to be permanent, I decided to keep it simple...the change is submitted....and if memory serves me (I had a lot of liquid starch last night)...it should be Joni135 (Cassi - thanks for contacting Suzanne to see what I need to do).

Welcome back BCandace.....sounds like you know exactly what to do....plan, eat right AND EXERCISE!!! Oh, and give a shout out on this board from time to time!

Liza - any exciting plans for the weekend??? Curious - what's the COD like that you go to in SD? Are they supportive or ? I would think they'd be extra good while working with you...I'm just wondering.

Katie - is there a Repo Niece or Repo Nephew yet???

Juliemarie - was Josie awake when you picked her up yesterday? Any tales to tell???

My good news this morning is that the scale was down to 159.5. I'm sure the biggest loss was because TOM hit...and it's been about four months since that happened (pre-menopause so it's always a wait and see game lately). Last December I got into the 150s but didn't stay there very long. I am so determined to keep the scale in this "zone" and I know I'll have to work hard at it....of course this weekend we're heading up to Chattanooga for a wedding and some touristy fun (see Rock City, Incline Railroad and Lookout Mountain) so I need to make sure my cooler is filled with healthy stuff. I'm about 2 hours from Chattanooga and did all the touristy stuff when I moved her 20 years ago...but it's fun so we're doing it again.

bizlawchik
08-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Good morning all! Going to the COD @ lunch for the first time in about 3 weeks. Should be interesting. I'll check in later.

Dan2112
08-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Morning gang...

Good luck at the COD Cassi.. Don't let them push you around!!

Nothing much to report here yet today other than it's Friday (yay!)...

Looks like our fun filled weekend will be taken up by purchasing back to school items for the kiddos.. This weekend is "sales tax free" for all kinds of school supplies and clothes across the state, so the stores will be a mad house.. My plan is to hit Wal Mart either late tonight or really early in the AM tomorrow to avoid most of the crowds... Wish me luck!

We'll find out today if Liz wins the Denver trip to see Maroon 5. There are only 30 people in the drawing, so the odds aren't too bad...

Have a POP day!!

Boo'sMom
08-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Pearl--just seeing what time you post makes me sleepy!

Joni--you had lots of great ideas to choose from--but you picked a winner. Now I look at everyone's avatars for the hands on the hips and they all look great. Warning--don't look for losses anytime soon (see post below) but I'm still in it!!

Cassi--morning!

JM--I am so glad you are back with us--we missed you!

Kim--I can't believe what a transformation you've had this summer--the folks at work are gonna flip.

Lynn--we watched it the other day--I was in love with him as a kid but geez! He's 45 and wants perfection--not gonna happen. I want to shake him and say "no one is perfect!" we all just find what's "perfect" for us. No wonder he's still single. I was embarrassed for the hired stripper/prostitute--bet her folks were real proud of her 15 seconds of fame.

Wendy--good to see you safe and back in action, too!

bcandace--good luck and welcome

Amy--i LOVE Trader Joe's--we had one in Vegas, but not one anywhere near where we are now and I miss it--such neat stuff--one of those stores you can just wonder around in forever.

Well--I have survived 3 days/sessions of kickboxing and I am still UP on the scale. Did my fitday and I am getting right at 1200 calories which I think may be too low right now. We asked about the need for recovery days since he has class 6 days a week (I was hoping for an excuse to go less often!) but he said because he varies the workout so much there's no need and in hindsight I realized we have really focused on major groups plus all over conditioning each day. I am going to try and really hit it hard right now because I know once school starts I will be good to make it 3 days a week. It's an hour of pure **** but when it's over I feel so accomplished.

Okay--this was too long--sorry--and good morning to all I missed--I am trying to get back on track because I really miss my chatting. Class starts at 10 and I am in my pj's!

Boo'sMom
08-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Dan--good luck shopping--our tax free weekend is next weekend but I will not venture near any stores--it's a madhouse! Luckily--the anal me (and DD) have already finished--I think I am OCD when it comes to that. I hope Liz wins today--fingers are crossed!

Angie
08-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Joni -- Good point, hands on hips. I'm doing that for my weight loss photos from now on. I PM'd Suzanne to change my name, because she was the one who had written the post about changing names and just asking, and she did it in about 5 minutes! I never thought of asking Cassi if she could do it, good idea. Congrats on hitting the 150's again!

Candace -- Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great.

Speaking of funny names...my friend had to go see a specialist named Dr. Fukov. Her kids had a field day with that one. "Excuse me Dr....Fukov"

Pearl -- I love your first suggestion for Joni.. BonJoni...love it!

Cassi -- Good luck at the COD!

I'm in my 2nd tay of TOrture, which I've decided to change to FF today, and give up the lites. I don't feel any thinner...hmm.. My challenge will be to find a way to be POP this weekend as it's a long weekend here in Canada, so lots of BBQ's and visiting friends/family.

ETA: Katie -- Where are you? How is that new niece/nephew of yours?

juliemarie
08-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Boo-thanks for the welcome back! I gotta say-if you're working out that much (and I know how intense and hour long kickboxing class is)-I really think you should bump yourself up a couple or 300 calories. Are you already doing lites? If not-you could add a luna and maybe a dairy . . . . .???? 1200 seems a bit low for all that exercise.

joni-Josie was awake yesterday. I watched her from outside for a couple of minutes-happily playing with a water bottle. But as soon as she saw me she started crying. Nice guilt trip . . . . They said she stayed up until the regular after lunch nap. That seemed great until I got Miss Crabby home. She wouldn't eat dinner and cried nonstop. I finally took her for a walk and then she ate when we got back. I looked at her sheet and realized she only napped for an hour. So-instead on 3-4 hours during the day, she only got one. She was practically begging to go to bed. Poor thing.

Pearl-love your ideas for joni's new name.

I also love TJs-and Josie likes it too-especially the free samples. I've turned her on to edamame. But only 5 tortilla chips for a starch? Who eats just 5? Well-more power to you if you can.

smjezzy
08-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Good luck Liz!

Well I thought I was being good last night. Decided to go to Red Lobster and have some healthy fish! I didn't order fried I order some cajun spice thing and when it came out it was butter on top of fat with a side of fat. OMG it was delicious but more fat than any one human should ever consume. My body agreed and has been on strike ever since. That's what I get for making the effort to eat healthy fish! : ) Don't rain on my parade, I figured out a way to say fish is unhealthy, I'm running with it. Take that Mom!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I plan to rest, maybe force myself to the gym.

emmysmom
08-03-2007, 11:23 AM
I had some responses to your posts, but until I got caught up I forget them all.:shrug:

As far as the 100 calorie snacks, I use one almost every day and count it as 1S...it hasn't hurt my weight loss at all.

Joni - I'm OK with StalkerMom...I do like your new choice BTW.

JM - it's good to see you posting again. I just hate those days when I pick up my DD with lack of sleep. Sometimes I have to just put her in her bed when we get home and let her - okay, make her - rest for a little bit or she can just be a bear!

Lea Ann - I'll bet kickboxing is fun. I always liked doing taebo and thought about taking a kickboxing class.

Ok, that's all I can remember for now...

Dan2112
08-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Good luck Liz!

Well I thought I was being good last night. Decided to go to Red Lobster and have some healthy fish! I didn't order fried I order some cajun spice thing and when it came out it was butter on top of fat with a side of fat. OMG it was delicious but more fat than any one human should ever consume. My body agreed and has been on strike ever since. That's what I get for making the effort to eat healthy fish! : ) Don't rain on my parade, I figured out a way to say fish is unhealthy, I'm running with it. Take that Mom!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I plan to rest, maybe force myself to the gym.

Shannon... The sauces and things they serve with entrees are always tough to deal with, so I've gotten in the habit of asking for them on the side... When we do Red Lobster, I get the "Aztec Chicken", which is normally served with a chile/lime sauce.. The first time I had it, it was drenched with the stuff, so since then I just get it on the side and use very little of it... Honestly, the dish is better without it, but it makes a nice dipping sauce for the veggies...

"On the side" has become my motto... Well, that, along with "Cut down more trees.. We have more than we need!!"

CandlePrincess
08-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Juliemarie....trust me when i say Josie will find a schedule that works for her. My DFS has done just that. And yet we still have times when Mr Crabby comes home....and it's those night he usually goes to bed early! LOL

Lynx: ok i'm going to admit I watched the scott baio show.....now that's 30 minutes of my life that i will NEVER get back. I was sooooooo in love with him back in the 80's......I'm just glad I grew up! It seems he didn't!

Well last night was an Italian disaster......i actually have found a resturant that didn't have a "main course" salad. I will admit the food was very very yummy....some of the best i've had here in indy....but i'm back on plan today. WI today or tomorrow. I'm just wishing there was a way for the COD to access our journals online from LA At HOME. I love having everything online and HATE writing it in my book as well! (i figure printing it out is less cost effective than just writing it down). All for now Guy and Gals!

Joni135
08-03-2007, 12:07 PM
hmmmmmmmm...
Pearl...I also like BonJoni too. Not only am I a Bon Jovi fan, but I think "bon" means good in French..so I would be good Joni...which fits me because I've often been called Ms. Goody two shoes for my saintly ways!
But, Suzanne already changed me to Joni135 so I'll stick with that for now...maybe someday I'll change to BonJoni135...

Dan/Liz - good luck on the contact....hope you're both wearing your lucky 'whatever' today! And feel free to come to my place anytime and cut down the frickin pine trees in my back yard...I only have a couple, but I really don't like them!

Julie...hope you are keeping a book of all the nicknames you have for Josie...I've seen 'bean', 'ms crabby'....I'm sure you have a ton! How is it being back at work?

Lea Ann - I definitely agree you need more calories. After your workout suck down a protein shake or some other form of good protein. Just the name kickboxing makes me hurt. I have a hard time with the kick part...but love the boxing part. Why don't you do a video of you in class and put it on You Tube???

juliemarie
08-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Joni-yes there's bean (as in Josephine/Josie-bean). I don't know where it came from-I was singing the Momma loves the baby song and it just came out. . . There crabbypants, tater-tot, stinkerpot, hmmm-sure there's more. Oh yeah-sunshine! Mom always called me that in the mornings and I guess I just passed it on!

healthy2b
08-03-2007, 12:19 PM
:wave:Hi All...I've been reading everyday and trying to keep up with everybody but it is so hard to remember so I can post personals....I'm going to try but i think I'm going to have to start getting a pencil and pad so i can make notes.......

Amy- I'm feeling better every day thanks for asking

Joni - I like the name you chose, I'm so impressed with everyones talent for giving you idea's...I really have no talent when it comes to stuff like that..no imagination:( The hands on hips thing for pictures, it's funny you brought this up because I noticed that in most of our pictures lately my eldest DD has her hands on her hips in every one....I asked her what was up with this and she said it makes you look slimmer ....she read it in some magazine that all the stars do it....and then I was watching Regis and Kelly the other day and saw it also.

Dan and Liz - good luck, I hope you win...school supply shopping....I remember those days and so glad they are over....now I just go pick up a bunch on spiral notebooks and pens/pencils and i'm done except for buying those EXPENSIVE college books.

Lea Ann - great job sticking with the kick boxing class....that actually sounds like fun.

Well, I didn't do so well on the personals....my brain still doesnt seem to function in the memory department since all the surgery drugs....at least my eye sight seems to be back to normal.

I had my follow up dr. appt. yesterday....the goods news was I can start walking on the treadmill slowly but still no heavy exercising...I feel like I'm getting so flabby, it's driving me crazy. Can start sit-ups etc..in two weeks. The bad news is that during our cruise next week, no water activities such as snorkeling, swimming, scub diving, nothing...I'm so disappointed. Oh well, I'll just spend some time relaxing.

I have a scale that supposedly measures not only your weight but water and body fat. The weird thing is that the more weight i lose the body fat seems to go up instead of down. What is up with that? Due to working out for the past two years I have more muscle mass than ever in my life and this crazy scale says that I am between 60-40% body fat and it fluctuates greatly daily. Can this be right? Last time I had my body fat tested at the gym it was 27% but that has been several months ago. I'm thinking that the scale is not working or it's just not set right. I think i'm going to choose to ignore it.

smjezzy
08-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Glad you're getting back to normal Carrie. Take it easy and don't overdo

Repo girl
08-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Morning all!

My nephew was finally born, Thursday morning at 12:44 AM. My poor sister's epidural never kicked in, so she had a totally natural labor. It was kind of awful. I have had 3 C-Sections, so this labor stuff was all new to me. Anyways, she is doing great now, as is the baby.

Have a wonderful, skinny day!!!!

emmysmom
08-03-2007, 12:33 PM
AHHHHH....what a beautiful baby boy!!! Congratulations!!! And Aunt Katie is looking pretty good herself. ;)

smjezzy
08-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Congrats!!!

healthy2b
08-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Thanks Shannon

Katie - Congrats on the new nephew...babies are great! My first grandson is due on Sept. 22nd and we are so excited. BTW...great new avatar

LizzyW
08-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Morning all,

Well, I didn't win the contest, but am super happy that I made it to the final round. Next time. Not only that, the scale showed me up 2lbs this morning. Not sure from what, but I will lose it again.

Katie - What a gorgeous baby boy. With my second, I didn't have time for any meds. He was so ready to come out, we didn't make it into the emergency room. Born right there in the hospital parking lot just as they got me into the wheel chair. So there is one I will never forget. LOL

Joni - love the new name. Must have been hard to chose which one you like the best. There were so many of them.

Well better get to work. Have to get in a estimate for a project by todya. Talk to all later. Have a great POP day.

Liz
XOXO

Dan2112
08-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Yeah.. Danny's birth was pretty exciting.. It's certainly something he'll never let us forget either... Sometimes I wonder if his "unique" personality hasn't partly developed due to the unique nature of his birth.. :lol:

Think I might have tweaked my back again during the workout last night.. I'm getting a burning sensation in the right shoulderblade area, where I had some pain earlier this year... I'm going to go back to the chiropractor tonight and let him work on it...

Mama Nicole
08-03-2007, 01:12 PM
awwwwwwwwww, Katie...........I have had "the fever," for a few weeks now.........and you aren't helping :) What an adorable little baby :) Your poor sis.......I did 2 drug free.....and I tell ya.......it's the most exhausting thing in the world. The baby is adorable. What are his stats?

Good morning everyone :)
XOXO

Joni135
08-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Katie - congratulations on the new family member....thanks for sharing the cute picture too. At his size, I wonder what LAWL plan he would be on???

Ah, Mama Nicole....step away from the DH....step away from the DH!!! On second thought....a little baby girl..awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Carrie - a cruise....??? I wanna go too.

amy2liz30
08-03-2007, 02:10 PM
Am i ever perfectly on program today or what.
i ordered subway for lunch with cheese. But i already had my dairy this morning in my jet start. I took the cheese off. I added my own light mayo and mustard. Can I just say Whoo Hoo. I will be successful! I will lose this weight!

lizababe
08-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Hi Everyone!

Katie what a lil cutie!!!!! I had my daughter with no drugs too. Mind you, it was only 3 hours of hard labour and she was only 3lbs 10oz but I still had to get stitches and it still hurt. The funny thing is, people had me so frightened about labour when I was finally in it, I kept bracing for the worst and when my doctor informed me it was as intense as it was going to get, I realized I could get through it without meds!

Joni - I love the new name! That's the one I was going to vote for but I never got a chance to reply. The COD here is pretty good. All of the counselors are really nice but there are a few super model looking ones that I avoid if possible because I just don't believe they know what I'm going through. I actually miss them all. It's been two weeks since I have seen them and I can't go back for another two weeks.

No big plans for this weekend yet. I'm still working tomorrow at PBS but at least I have sunday off from the chopper. I'm upset that the sclae is up 3.5 lbs since I have been so good with exercise and mostly POP. I was looking at my ankles today though and see that they are pretty swollen. It's VERY humid here right now and warm and a couple of days from TOM. I'm sure I've got a few lbs of water hanging around.

I ordered a Gazelle that should be here next week. I need to be able to do something about my upper body. I've got tendinitis in both shoulders that has been really really really bad for the past few days. Both shoulders ache constantly and now I've got sharp pains that hit me out of nowhere too. Lifting weights makes it worse so I'm hoping the motion of the Gazelle will help getting circulation and getting rid of the fat too.

Ok, the dog's food is done and I've got to feed him then lay down. That 4AM alarm was brutal this morning. Last night when I got home my neighbor wanted to show me some work he'd done on his house. Four liquid starches later I realized it was 10:30 PM and my groceries were still in the trunk of my car.

POP wishes to all of my loser friends!

BarbaraB
08-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Dan, When did you drop more than 100 pounds and get into onderland? I just noticed that you had! Seems like a lot of those magical new numbers are cropping up for folks the last few days.

Joni, the 150's! That is great... I keep thinking that if I keep trying to be good that at some point the hanging around 160 will cause a weigh in at the COD in the high 150's, but so far only have seen that on my scale at home a couple of times...

Carrie, my scale also has gone wonky on the body fat measuring, since it has says I've gained a couple of percent recently, at the same time when I've exercised a lot and my clothes are fitting loser and I can SEE the muscles on my body more I gained 3 percent fat and lost 2 pounds? I don't think so. Anyway, I think I just got callouses on my feet and need a good pedicure, since I was getting regular pedicures when my body fat was 3 percent less... So much for its accuracy. Of course there for awhile it said I was at 18.5% body fat, which seemed kind of low, so many it is being more accurate now than it was.. LOL.. I always like the lower numbers better. Where is the cruise?

Katie, What a sweet baby face that is. Nothing like a brand new life. Hope your sister bounces back quickly and forgets the pain.

Last day at work before the long vacation... so I've got a ton to do. I put myself back on the blue plan for a few days before I start my vacation, so if I gain a few I might be even on getting back... Hawaii with my sisters just sounds fattening, as I always over eat when I'm with my family... I need to not go too crazy... I just don't want to come back with an extra 15 pounds... since I know full well that I'm capable of doing that to myself in 3 weeks off (part of me is in the 3 weeks with no WI, lets eat and I'm trying really hard to shut that voice up). Anyway, I guess navigating vacations and time with family is what maintenance is all about. I know I will blow it a little bit, but the counselor said if you have a high day, try to have a low day the next to make up for it, which really is kind of what I've been doing lately anyway, kind of a roller coaster of calories for me...

Anyway, I better get to work and finish up a few last tasks before I go.... but you guys have a POP next couple of weeks... I'll be thinking of you from the Goat rocks (where I will be back packing) and from Hawaii also... I'm so excited to be going!

emmysmom
08-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Liza - 4 liquid starches...scale's up 3.5...hmmmm...I'm sure it's just a coincidence;)

lizababe
08-03-2007, 02:26 PM
LOL Tina - it was up before the liquid starch! I haven't bothered to look at it today....

Boo'sMom
08-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Survived another day--don't start being proud of me just yet--I am still in the honeymoon phase of the new workout but I do really like it (when it's over!) I've been 4 days now and we really don't ever do the exact same moves so you have no time to get lazy. I don't think the teacher is going to let me play the "new card" for long. i have found that I LOVE punching--great stress therapy. It's the million crunches and pushups I can do without--especially with all his little extra tweaks thrown in. Congratulate when i get my butt back into the 160's then I'll tackle another decade.

Thanks for the input on more calories--I realized today that when I was losing I was always getting about 1300-1350 (healthy) calories and if I dipped I stalled --geez--lightbulb moment--and I haven't been having 2 luna's a day in ages so if I had the 2nd yesterday I would have been in a better range. I am going to try and be more conscious and get everything into fitday to stay on track. I guess right now I am more calorie counting than LAWL since I haven't kept track in ages.

equinetcan
08-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Hi everybody!!

I haven't checked in since monday and let me tell you it took approx 45 minutes to read 14 pages!! And I read fast. But I think I am all caught up but there is no way I can remember everything I read. I promise to try and check in every day from now on!!!

After a break of approx 2 months I am back to COD on Tuesday. I even called them today to tell them I wuld be there. I am off work till wednesday as it is a long weekend up here and I am taking advantage and booked off an extra 2 days with friday and tuesday.

Had Drs appt this week and dr is putting me on a mild antidepressant for awhile because of everything in the last year that has happened and also cause I am dealing with my mom's excessive drinking right now too. The dr knows I am an only child and my only other relative is 5 hours away in halifax so I am on my own in dealing with mom. She wanted me to take a month off work but I turned her down at least for now. So I start on Wellbutrin tomorrow. I wanted to wait till I had a day at home and didn't have to drive anywhere in case I react at all. I usually don't but just in case....

So needless to say lately weight loss stuff has gone out the window although I haven't been that bad. A few extra trips to Tim Hortons for an ice Cap here and there but no binges or anything. It is very hot here the last 2 weeks so I have trouble even getting any walking in. At 10pm it is still almost 30C with the humidex.

I have no idea if we have the new plans here in Canada or not. Guess I'll find out when I go Tuesday morning. The grocery store is just down the street from the office so from my WI I will go straight there and stock up.

The Dr also gave me a sleeping pill if needed but I told her I won't likely take those as I don't like them. but she wanted me to have them anyway. She only gave me a few.

I love seeing how everyone is doing so well these days. The weight losses reported here have been fantastic!!! I WILL be joining you in reporting these losses again.

A close friend of mine is now on the waiting list up here for gastric bypass. the wait is anywhere from 1-3 years. Another girl I know is at the end of her 3 year wait and they figure she will be getting hers done in the next 2-3 months or so. It'll be interesting to see how they do.

Oh and for anyone that remembers Chancey's wounds from her dog attack a month ago - she is pretty much entirely healed. Just a small scab on her belly and she will have scars but they are covered by fur. (or will be when it grows back again!)

Keep cool everybody!!

dawn78
08-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Congratulations Katie on the new nephew! What did your sister name him?

With all the talk about the LAWL Jetstart I bought some today at WI. They are quite tasty!

Katy66
08-03-2007, 03:19 PM
:wave: Hey Gang! It has been one of those days so I'm just now getting a chance to check in. Not a lot of time either so just a few personals...

Joni - love the new name. My COD always has you put your hands on hips for the pics....guess that is way.

Katie - what a beautiful baby. I love your new avatar picture

Liza - let us know how the gazelle works and hopefully it will help you get rid of some of those tasty liquid starches. May have 1 or 2 myself this evening:cool:

Carrie - glad to hear you are still recovering nicely but bummer about no water play during your cruise. Have a great time anyway:flow1:

Lizzy - sorry you didn't win the contest:(

Dan - take care of that back:goodvibes

Alannah - good luck getting started on the plan again. Sounds like you really need to do something for yourself and what could be better than healthier eating/living to make you feel good about you!

Well, I had official WI today at the COD and BNWI from earlier this week didn't hold up. I was down only 1.4 for the two weeks but you know what? I'll take it considering the camping trip and the nibbles I've been having this week. Maybe the TOM coming on I can't remember. Tonight is PIZZA night with my DD and I'm going to enjoy it with maybe a couple of liquid starches :Tbut make sure that I'm POP tomorrow and the rest of the week.

Mama Nicole
08-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Oh my goodness, Dawn, I want to hold your baby :)