Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 04:42 PM   #1  

Default 1 Month into WW after YEARS of Low Carbing

And I'm a nice person again!!!

I started a month ago after my best friend joined WW online ... I tried her online tools for a week, to see if it would work ... and it did. I'm down 17 lbs in 1 month.

I have spent the last 5-6 years low carbing ... losing, eating carbs, gaining, and over and over again. I had horrible mood swings, tired, angry feeling.

In the one month I've been on WW, I've dropped weight, I no longer feel angry or moody at anything. I'm happy.

Anyone else have this issue after low carbing?

I am loving this program and look forward to chatting w/ you all.

NOW I'm off to change my profile.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:57 PM   #2  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

Welcome and congrats on the weight loss!!
Old 07-29-2007, 08:19 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapplegirl69 View Post
Welcome and congrats on the weight loss!!
Thank You and WOW look at your stats, way to go ...
Old 07-30-2007, 07:34 AM   #4  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

Thanks..Its a long road,but it is paying off..When i did ww 6 years ago,I was at 230 pounds,and I dropped down to 129..Then I had some issues and gsained most of it back..But I got back on track and have to say ww is the best thing..I look at it as a program that shows you how to eat healthier,not limiting anything 17 pounds in the first month is awesome!!
Old 07-30-2007, 11:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/ST/140

Weight Watchers really works for me, this is my second time around (last time I lost 103 lbs) I don't think of it as a diet. It's healthy eating, choosing from all food groups and watching portion control. If you work the plan as it was designed you can eat healthy, lose weight and have room for a splurge here and there. I have tried just about every diet out there and know that this is the one that teaches doable eating habits and not just a get slim quick diet that few would be able to do for a life time.
Tiffanie
Old 07-30-2007, 09:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/228/170

Height: 5'6"

I just started WW 2 weeks ago, and so far I love it! I also spent the last year or so low carbing, and I was miserable. I did south beach and fat smash. they both worked, but it wasn't something I could do for the rest of my life. WW has taught me portion control, which has been my biggest problem.
Wish me luck, my short term goal is to lose 20 pounds by my wedding!
Old 08-01-2007, 12:33 PM   #7  
banned

welcome! CONGRATS!!!
Old 08-04-2007, 12:25 AM   #8  

Default I feel your moods

Hi there,

I also low carbed for quite a while and did seem to work for a short while until I just about keeled over at work, found out that I had major gallstones...had surgury and got it out and then I found all the weight and more again...now my cholesteral is through the roof and I am afraid of heart problems...went on ww about three weeks ago, online as well and already I feel like a new person. Have only lost 4 lbs so far but I am feeling great and happy as well. The biggest thing that I have noticed is that I don't get heartburn anymore...Yeah....that was really starting to worry me..I think that I can get addicted to this ww plan...Good luck on the journey.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 428/338/185

Height: 5'6"

I did the low carb thing for years. It helped with some medical issues but the problem I kept having was the falling off the wagon and gaining 10-15 pounds extra each time. I did that to a tune of 150 pounds higher from when I started.

I am taking what I learned that worked low carbing and using it with WW. I do whole foods 95% of the time and splurge 5% of the time. For me just giving up the highly refined foods is what I needed to do. I was afraid of the ravenous hunger when switching back but as long as I choose wisely the blood sugar swings seem to be gone.
Closed Thread