Does it Work? - Red Wine Diet?!?

View Full Version : Red Wine Diet?!?

michelinwoman
07-27-2007, 10:24 AM
I have heard on several shows about a "Red Wine Diet". They say if you drink one glass of red wine with dinner (but only one glass), it will counteract some of the fat from the food. Has anyone tried this? Can red wine really help you lose weight?:devil:

Tealeaf
07-27-2007, 11:52 AM
I've heard that red wine has some anti-inflamitory properties that can be beneficial for the heart, and perhaps in effect help migate some of the damage done from eating a high fat diet. And one glass shouldn't be calorific enough to do serious damage to a diet. But I really, really doubt that it would "counteract fat" in the sense that Alli does, or anything like that.

All the calories you consume do count, and wine won't negate any of them. But it might be wise to to use some of your calorie allotment for a glass of wine. Just don't expect it to melt the pounds away!

nelie
07-27-2007, 12:11 PM
The only thing that I can think is that red wine can help lower your cholesterol which may be a generalization of "counteract effects of fat". I wouldn't call that a weight loss aid though. If you like wine though I'd say feel free to include it in your diet but you'll also need to include the calories :)

alinnell
07-27-2007, 12:29 PM
michelin~if only it were true! Perhaps it is, I don't know. My problem is I can never stop at just one glass!!! I have to ban it completely from the house! I banned it after I finished the bottle on Monday and my daily calories are staying below 1400. If I were to drink the wine, that would climb to over 2000 which is not conducive to losing weight.