General chatter - advice needed

View Full Version : advice needed

07-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Hey everyone,

I am not sure where to post this but sometimes others advice is helpful to me.
Maybe this is not directly related to weight loss, but problems only seem to make weight loss harder so here's the issue:

My ex owes a lot in child support. My own mother has hired him to do a lot of work around the house! It really bothers me because he was abusive to me, and several other reasons. He actually took my children to the child support hearing, of course he lost, but now my daughter won't talk to me, and my 16 year old seems depressed. What do I do?

07-27-2007, 12:35 AM
Ask mom to pay you his salary so you won't have to get the courts to send her a garnishment order on his wages?

Try to find some humor in there so you don't stress out too much. Your kids will ultimately figure out who was the parent and who was the bum and dear ole dad will get his in the end. Trust me on this one. Took my daughter nearly 20 years, but she'll have nothing to do with her dad now because of all his bad actions. Stealing from her didn't help, I'm sure.

07-27-2007, 09:28 AM
thanks, yeah divorce is not always easy

07-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Hugs Rosemarie! I would ask your mom to pay you also. Hang in there with the kids it is very hard. My son(17) is to the point where he is still talking to his dad but doesn't believe a word out of his mouth. My daughter(almost 19) is still mad at the world. It takes time. Have you considered counseling for your kids?

07-27-2007, 06:51 PM
My mom won't pay me, that is the thing that is upsetting to me.
I actually asked her to deduct money and she said no. She is 82 years old.
I guess one could say she has never been supportive of me and I guess that is why I am posting personal problems! Yikes.

07-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Oh and as far as the garnishment goes, he was fired (or quit??), his job shortly after this whole mess. So now he works off the books for relatives.
Did I mention he's divorced three times? And he immediately moved after the court hearing.