Support Groups - teens thread

View Full Version : teens thread

100percentME
07-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Hello again everyone!! Well, our teens "intorduction" thread has reached 5 pages long and so i thought it was about time to start a new thread.

The summer is almost over, for some of us, like me, its already over.
A new school year had begun. Oh isnt high school wonderful (sarcastic or serious, take that comment however you want.)

So, how was everyones summer? Good i hope. Make sure and stop by often to give updates about how you are doing!

Also, i know the start of a new school year is a good time to set new goals. So, if you want to post your goals for the school year of 07/08, please do.

100percentME
07-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Im gonna start by sharing my own goals.
I am a junior in high school this year, which means that in a years time i will be planning for senior pictures. Also, the prom, and dances, having a car and thus being able to go places....i cant wait for senior year. What i want more than anything is to not be overweight in my senior portrait. In one years time i would like to go from my current size 12 jeans, to a size 6-8. I want to be between 120-130 pounds. I know that i can do this if i stay motivated.

What are your goals? How are you doing right now?

Cant wait to hear from you all!
~HaiLeY~

Jadeybaby
07-26-2007, 08:16 PM
Hiya, I'm Jade and I'm 19, so I'm an old teen! I go to University and 07/08 will be my second year. I hope you don't mind me posting here!

My goals for 07/08 year:
-Fit into a size 12 (UK size) maximum by the end of the year (currently a UK 14 on top and a 16 on the bottom)
-Be able to jog once around the park (it's a HUGE park)
-Get confident and get a boyfriend!

BumpSetSpike
07-27-2007, 01:09 AM
Hi... I'm 15. I'll be a junior this year too. I REALLY want to get down to a good weight this school year... like 135 or even less. I want to look good and not just be the "fat girl that's nice to everyone but still shes fat" anymore. Like you, I want to go to the prom and have good senior pics and stuff like that!

Laetj
07-29-2007, 11:10 AM
haaaii, i'm a 15 year old girl, almost 16.
Like all of you i want to lose weight, but not because it looks better, because it feels better too(i think xD). i've never really been that motivated to lose weight, but recently i have been. already a month away from the holiday so there's still one more left, what means, there's still time to lose weight and impress people at school. They told me i'm not overweight and not to lose weight, but i know they're scared of me losing weight, and i don't know why. another thing why i want myself to change is because i have the feeling no one ever really listens to me or takes me serious, and that's part my fault, because i make a lot of jokes, a defense mechanism i think. anyway, sorry for typing so much... Good luck to all of you!!

100percentME
07-29-2007, 05:27 PM
Laetj-Your post kind of worried me. I'm not sure exactly how much weight you want to lose, (how many pounds is 10 kilograms?) but if you arent overweight than i dont think you should lose that much. Do you mind me asking what pant size you wear? If people are worried about you losing weight it might be because you dont need to lose weight. Please be healthy and aim for a healthy weight for you.
BUt, on a lighter note, welcome to our forum! Im glad that you found us here in our teen thread. I understand about people not taking you seriously. I make a lot of jokes too, and then whenever i try to be serious people arent serious because they dont think that im actually being serious. I hoe you find a ton of support on 2FatChicks!

Bumpsetspike and jadeybabey-WELCOME! I cant wait to get to know you better!

Laetj
08-02-2007, 01:51 PM
100percentMe, i'm sorry to have worried you but i am really overweight;) 10 kg= 22.046 pounds(i converted it on a site so i hope it's right) so i'm 76kg= 167.55lb or lbs(or something). and i know those people, and they're afraid of me losing weight not for me but for theirselves. it's not like i'm aiming for an anorexic thing^^

100percentME
08-02-2007, 07:58 PM
^im glad to hear that. I was just worried. You can never be sure, 'specially on the internet, when someone is being unhealthy. I NEVER want to encourage that lifestyle. Sometimes our perception of what we look like is distorted. A lot of anorexic people think that they are overweight. Im glad that you are being healthy about your weight loss. Once, again, welcome to our forums! and good luck on your weight loss journey!!! we are all in it with ya!

100percentME
08-12-2007, 01:38 AM
hey everyone!!! well, the new school year is starting, for me its already begun. I was wondering if you guys would like to have an "07-08 school year weight loss challenge."
we can see who can lose the most weight/reach their goal and maintain their weight this school year.
School can make being overweight really hard, and i, for one, do NOT want to be overweight for my senior year.
So, whatcha think? anyone want to lose weight with me this school year?

MY 2007-2008 school year goal:
size 6 jeans
around 130 weight

Laetj
08-16-2007, 09:23 AM
hey 100percentME, school's already begun over there? poor you! well anyway, i think it's a good idea.. everyone needs support and maybe this will help a little more! what exactly do you have in mind? like we tell our weight on a specific day every month or 2 weeks and our weight loss or weight gain?
or am i completely wrong xD?

Steelslady
08-18-2007, 06:17 AM
My daughter is starting school next week and is currently losing weight. I know she will want to participate in this thread, if she's allowed to join (waiting to hear from Admins to see if she can join).

Are there many other teens on here? I think it's a great idea that you young ladies (and gentlemen) are taking care of yourselves and trying to lose weight in a healthy fashion. Keep up the great work! :carrot:

Steels

Laetj
08-18-2007, 09:16 AM
sure there are a couple of other teens here, but i think most of them are pretty shy, i understand them though^^ but it's great your daughter wants to join^^ and even if there were only 3 teens talking and responding, that would still mean 3 people that want to be friends here;) don't worry:P

emgirl917
08-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Hi! I'm Elle :wave:

I joined a few months ago but, I've mostly been lurking. Now I finally found where all the teens are!

I turned 16 a few weeks ago, and realized that I really need to get serious about losing weight. I have been given a chance to start over in a big way, and I realize now that I need to take full advantage of it.

I would definitley be up for a "07-08 School Year Challenge." I'm lucky, I don't have to start back till Sept. 10th! (I am going into 10th grade at MorningStar Online Academy)

Cate426
08-20-2007, 01:22 AM
hey guys im 18 and im off to college!!! i wanted to lose weight to be healthy b/c lately I havent been feeling too good. the college stress eating has me up 5 pounds and I havent even gotten there yet lol. anyway, i am not going to gain weight freshman year, so here i am. looking forward to hearing from you all.

alex142
08-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi! My name is Alex, I am Steelslady's oldest daughter. I started dieting back in may, weighing 170. I am currently at 154. I play soccer, basketball and softball at the local high school, partly being my reason for going on a diet. I am homeschooled, but take Spanish at the same high school I play sports at. I am a Christian girl trying to follow a Christian lifestyle. I can't wait to meet you all!

:cool: alex142

100percentME
08-22-2007, 08:56 PM
HEY EVERYONE!! I havent been on in a couple days, im glad to see all the new posts that have ppped up!

Emgirl917, Cate426, and alex142, WELCOME! Im glad that you've joined us!

Emgirl917- Happy Belated birthday! Im glad you've found over here in our small little corner of the forum. September 10th? jealous! school is soo tedious sometimes. Online Academy? like, is it literally online? do you have certain hours that you have to be "at" school? thats sounds crazy cool
Cate426- college! thats awesome, i cant wait til college, tho i am enjoying high school (cept for the work part, yuck).

alex142- thats awesome that youve lost that much weight already. We are very close in height, and aiming for around the same weight. I am also a Christian, and sometimes its hard to loose weight in a way thats pleasing to God, or even just to have a postive body image and not hate the way i look. Im glad that you care about following a Christian lifestyle, that is definatly something we have in common! i look forward to getting to know you better!

Okay, for our challenge, lets post our weight every weekend. That way we can keep a running week by week track of how every one is doing. post your current weight and how much you have lost.

And definatly conitune to post throughout the week and tell how you are doing. I know i will! Like is so hard sometimes!

Cant wait to hear from yall again.

gentlebutterfly
08-22-2007, 10:57 PM
Hey 110percentme!

I don't know if you remeber me but I was on the introductions thread!

emgirl917
08-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Emgirl917- Happy Belated birthday! Im glad you've found over here in our small little corner of the forum. September 10th? jealous! school is soo tedious sometimes. Online Academy? like, is it literally online? do you have certain hours that you have to be "at" school? thats sounds crazy cool

Thanks for the b-day wishes.

Yes the academy is literally online. I don't have certain hours I have to be online, just a start date and a end/due date. There are "sceduled lessons" (which just starts Sept. 10 and is one lesson every weekday) through like the 1st week in May, but the date you have to have everything done by is the end of June. (In case you get behind or get sick or something.)

Cate426
08-24-2007, 07:57 PM
Hello all! i just wanted to check in and say that im officially at college and loving it!!!! (Ive been eating very well, i promise =]) anyway i just wanted to say hi to everyone!!! have a good weekend!!

100percentME
08-25-2007, 03:23 PM
hello again everyone!
how is everyone doing? I joined a gym with my mom and my sister, cept im not allowed to work out by myself until im 17 (gyms policy). I dont like working out with my family members. When im working out i like to be isolated, and alone.

Im having an overwhelming week, but the up side to that is that im not focused on food at all. Too many other things on my mind. The only times i think about eating are when im actually hungry. I've lost several pounds this week. I've been struggling these past couple of months, but this week is giving me so much encouragement.

What are some things that make you feel skinny and pretty?
I think that one of the reasons ive been not focused on food this week is because ive been feeling really great about myself. Confindence makes me feel pretty.

How is everyone doing? How is school going? SChool is going fine for me, except for Pre-Calculas, my teacher tends to forget something that is very important, he doesnt teach. Its super annoying. He wasnt supposed to be teaching the class, but the other teacher moved, and so he was thrown into the job, and he is using all of her notes, and so all he does is put the notes up and does examples. He doesnt really explain anything, and its hard for me to learn through examples, thats just not how i learn.

What else have yall been up to. I played W.O.W for 2 hours last night. And for me, that is a LONG time to play a video game. I dont think ive ever played any video game for 2 consecutive hours before. lol
i had a lot on my mind though. boys are pretty stupid. grr its a long story. ill tell you guys about it in a couple days when the verdict (of whether or not he likes me) is reached.
Have you ever had a boyfriend? How do you know when a guy likes you? I've always been pretty oblivious to that sort of thing. Like, i dont recongnize the difference between a guy being nice to me and a guy flirting with me. I guess i kind of have this built in assumption that guys wont like me because im overweight.
SOmetimes i think life would be so much easier without guys, but then i think 'a world of ALL females! no thanks!'
well, since ive now taken up several of your precious minutes with rambling...ill stop now.
Keep posting, i want to hear from ya'll!

emgirl917
08-27-2007, 08:07 PM
100percentme- I hate math! I had a math teacher like that last year. All we had were these videos :p The lady on them talked sooooo slow. The only thing that got me through last year (Algebra 1) was coolmath.com! I'm not sure it has pre-calc but it's definitely worth a look.

Most boys are pretty stupid. I have been overweight all my life, so I have the same problem (not thinking guys will like me). This school year I have made a commitment to put all that junk on hold. My family and I are looking for a new church, I'm trying to lose this weight, and schools about to start which means my parents will be stressed because they think I'm gonna fail or something- which will make me crazy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::

All- I weighed in this weekend and I am down to 276.5!!:carrot: I haven't really made any big changes yet, goodness knows I haven't been exercising like I should:o Oh well- tomorrow is another day!

100percentME
08-28-2007, 01:28 AM
grrr...im so confused.
He flirts with me, and my friends both think he likes me...
but tonight we had a movie night, and he had girls hanging all over him! ive never seen that side of him before!
My friends stole my seat, and he was sitting there, and i was whinning and he told me to come sit next to him...maybe i should have accepted the offer? IDK! Like, i want him to know i like him, but i dont want to be so obvious that, if it turns out he DOESNT like me, i dont want to feel like a fool. Maybe im not giving big enough hints that i like him. GRRR! I JUST DONT KNOW
why is being in high school so dang hard sometimes? or am i just making a bigger deal out of this then i should be? anyway, ill stop thinking about it now

My weight. well id been doing really well, but with tonight being the movie night i ate more than i usually do, and so i think i prolly gained a little, i know i prolly didnt lose. I was SO close to being 165. I had gained a bunch of weight over like a week, and so getting back down to 166 was an ackomplishment for me. But, alas, 165 is not here yet. But im still working at it.
What sort of diets are you all on? Im doing slim fast right now. I really like it. The drinks fill me up really well. What are yall doing?

How is everyone's life going?
keep writing, i love hearing from you all!

~HaiLeY~

Laetj
08-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Heey Hailey
guys can be so stupid at times i know >_<
and i also have that problem, probably because i've also been overweight all my life...
anyway, i think next time he offers that, you should take it;) what if he does like you? don't you think you have more to lose by doing nothing?

anyway, great this group is getting more interest^^ you've all been doing so good, woot!

as for me, i'm still waiting to go to the dietist(i hope it's this word in english xD) to be weighed. i've seen differences in pictures so that's motivating!!

see ya!

100percentME
08-29-2007, 08:06 PM
*dances* I finally get to move my ticker down, i finally get to move my ticker down

this has been a pretty awesome day. I was.......164! this morning.
This are going good with the guy. I invited him to come see a comedian with me (not just me, a bunch of ppl we know are going) and i think he wants to come. He also told me that i need to get online tonight. YES That means he wants to talk to me, and its not like "oh, well, she's on, i may as well say hi"
sorry for bogging you guys down with all my guy problems, but i feel like you girls understand! lol anyway, thanks for listening to me.
umm....im doing good on slimfast. i cant wait to lose more weight. lol wait, weight....sry
umm...well, i pretty much dont have anything else to write about....yet. Hopefully ill be down another pound tomorrow. im on a roll this week.
Cant wait to hear from you!

100percentME
08-31-2007, 10:51 AM
alright you guys...girls.
Lets start our school challenge shall we?

Im going to start a new thread about it....so yall have to make sure you get over there soon!

here's the link:http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1835770#post1835770

JacquelineR
09-01-2007, 12:53 AM
Hi, I'm Jacqueline I'm 16 and in the 11th grade of high school in independent Studies. My goals for this school year are:
-to drop down to an America size medium/ small
-To get up my school stairs with ease
-be healthy for Senior year
-to be comfortable with my boyfriend out in public
- and to go to the lake with a bathing suit on

So what does everyone do for exercise?
I go to the gym and walk go on the treadmill for 40mins a day and lift 10 pound dumbbells until I feel the burn (lol)

emgirl917
09-01-2007, 11:43 AM
:welcome: JacquelineR!

Glad you are here at 3FC. It has helped me so much and I hope it will help you as well!

Just so you know, (I'm not trying to rain on your parade or be condescending/mean-spirited in any way) 110 is just a tad too low for a 5' 5" person. I totally understand wanting to be a small/thin/light as possible but, you need make sure that your goal weight is a healthy one.

Here is a link to a B.M.I calculator-
http://www.weightlossresource.com/tools/bmi/calculator1_2.cfm

You put in your height and weight (or goal weight) and it shows you wether or not the weight you put in is a healthy one!

As I said before I'm not trying to be mean I just wanted to give you som info you may not have that will help you in your weight loss. :hug:

Anyway, for exercise I do Yoga Booty Ballet. Its a DvD that has yoga, cardio, an abs section (which I can't quite do yet), and ballet. I am also trying (or thinking about trying) to start walking. But I think I'll wait till fall when it's not 90 degrees by 10AM!

JacquelineR
09-01-2007, 09:56 PM
lol thanks, I thought 110 would've been a low healthy but still healthy never thought it would have been under. Thanks for the link.

leah_0600
09-02-2007, 08:59 AM
Hey everyone. I'm Leah and i'm 19... (Still a teen yet!) in university/college but don't start till the 24th.

100percentMe ~ Guys are confusing. It's like, sometimes they flirt with you because they want YOU to like THEM, and sometimes it's because they actually do like you a lot. It seems like this guy does like you though, but i'd wait until you're pretty sure until you make a move. Maybe make some subtle hints that you like him, if he responds well, then great :)

emgirl917 ~ well done on the weight lost so far! 43lbs lost is just.... truly amazing. You should put some before and after pics up!

Laetj ~ good luck at the dietician (i think that's the word?) And i love seeing pictures where you can actually see the difference. Mirrors sometimes don't work!

JaquelineR ~ good luck on your weight loss journey! For exercise i usually take long walks, but i HATE exercise and i definitely don't do enough! I agree with emgirl917 about the 110 lbs being too low though. 130 is a much better, healthier and achievable goal!

Right, i'm going to post on the school year weight loss challenge thread now!

100percentME
09-02-2007, 10:42 PM
hola everyone!
Im a little frustrated, i think i might have gained a little bit today....ive been eating even tho im not hungry. Its like a cyle...im frustrated, so i eat, which makes me even more frustrated!
man, i was doing so good to, with my emotional eating. I hadnt eaten for emotional reason in over 2 weeks! guess that ended today.
but my hopes are still high, and i get a fresh start tomorrow. My goal for today was 162.5, and i exceeded that with 161, so i guess i should be happy.
My goal for next sunday is 157. Hopefully things will go as planned. Im having friends over tomorrow. Yikes, that means i will be tempted with lots of yummy food. Say a prayer that i will be able to resisit!

I hope yall are doing good. Your in my thoughts. I cant wait to hear from you again!

~HaiLeY~

Jadeybaby
09-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Hey everyone, I posted once on this thread then kind of lost control and stopped my weight loss by eating junk....
Anyhow I am back and I am ready to get going again!
Hailey, I totally understand your frustrating...emotional eating is very frustrating, I did it today and it bugs me.
Well done everyone on your losses so far!

Laetj
09-04-2007, 04:54 PM
well the best part is: YOU'rE BACK!!
good luck;)

100percentME
09-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Hey guys! I just wanted to pop in and say hi!
I had a little set back, so im sitting at 162.2 right now, but its not aweful. i know i can lose that pound again.

How is everyone doing? School has been keeping me busy. School and hanging out with friends.

I hope ya'll are doing good!

~HaiLeY~

JacquelineR
09-07-2007, 10:39 AM
I've been a little busy with my school work also.
I'm gaining muscle in my arms (yay) but it seems like one arm is a little bit smaller than the other...

100percentME
09-07-2007, 07:45 PM
ive always wondered that....like if you do a specific excercise with only one leg or something can you have like one really buff leg and one really scrany leg? Or will your body naturally work things out for you? hmmm....just an look into the deeo thoughts of my mind.....scary place, scary place

emgirl917
09-11-2007, 08:28 PM
leah_0600 - I don't really have any pics of me at my highest weight, I avoid cameras if I can. The few I do have I am sitting down and you can't really tell a difference in those. The main thing I noticed was that I was not as miserable walking longer distances on the trips I took this year vs. the ones I took last year. Also, my weight loss has been VERY gradual. Up and down and up and down... My lowest recent (And goal for End of Nov.) is 245. Which is also where I was this time last year.

I have not been overly consistent, but I'm working on it. I started school yesterday and I just can't seem to fit a "formal workout" in. So I've been trying to work in little things that have a double purpose. (Like sweeping/Vacuuming= Exercise & a clean floor) My mom went and bought my favorite Ben&Jerry's ice cream, but I didn't eat the whole thing in one sitting.

I was quite proud of myself for that.:)

100percentME
09-13-2007, 05:17 PM
hey all! hows it going? pretty good i hope.
im doing...eh. A lot has been going on.
my weight is around 163ish right now. Im working to get down to 160 by sunday, and from there i want to be 150 or below in 2 months. WINTER FORMAL! I cant wait, ive never been before. Im just going with friends tho.

Im a little...worried tho. My two best friends from school are the ones that i am going with. THey are both thin and really cute. Im not. And, well, they want to go dress shopping. They keep inviting me to go. but i dont want to go dress shopping with them. I dont want to go dress shopping at all. i dont want to have to get a dress. They are both so skinny, and i feel so fat and ugly compared to them.
so, yeah, thats something im going to have to face.

but other than that things are going fine. I get a break from school soon, and today and tomorrow are half days.

get on and tell me whats going on!!!

~HaiLeY~

100percentME
09-16-2007, 01:02 AM
Hey all!
I was just wondering what music ya'll listen to.
Im looking for some new bands to start listening to, cuz, even tho i love em, ive been listening to the same bands for a while. Who is your favorite band?

M a g g i e
09-16-2007, 09:45 PM
100percentME- as to the winter formal thing, i say go with your friends. since they keep inviting you and bringing it up it seems like they are truly saying it as a friend to friend thing. Since they're your friends, they won't be judging you. maybe you could use the shopping as a motivation goal depending on when you're going. like set that date as a mini goal to lose weight/tone up and then you'd feel more confident and accomplished when you go shopping.

on a second note, has anyone tried toning for teens by joyce vedral? I got the book a couple fo years ago and tried to keep going at it. it's a good weight training program and I feel good after i do it, but it's supposed to be a 20 minute workout and i find that impossible. it always takes me forever and then i'm sore so i don't want to do it when i'm scheduled to or i leave parts out and feel incomplete and i can NEVER do it full out more than once. I really want to do it 4 days a week but i usually end up doing one or two. for those not familiar with the book, it's divided into upper and lower body so that you workout everyday (and schedule a day of rest or two) without hurting your muscles since you are supposed to lift weights two days in a row. so like tomorrow i'll do upper body and tuesday i'll do lower and so on. anyone have advice?

ImpalaHoarder
09-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Hi! Sorry I'm chiming in so late- I just joined. We'll see how it goes. I'm 16, in my junior year of highschool and take about half my classes at my highschool and half at a university, so I basically have way more work than I ever thought possible before this year. My goal is relatively modest, but I don't want to destroy my chances by aiming too high. Also, I recognise that, at best, my tendency is more towards muscle than... slimness I guess? so I'm going to see what weight is healthy for me.

Right now, under the guidance of a nutritionist, I'm trying basically a reasonable exercise and diet program- don't eat that much, eat a small meal every three hours (I highly recommend it- even though I'm not eating that much, I feel like I'm indulging myself because I do it so often, and it also helps me moderate my eating to know that three hours later I can have something else) and walking uphill on a treadmill for 40- 60 minutes every day at whatever speed I can maintain for that amount of time. I've lost probably a little over ten pounds so far- I can't see a difference yet, but I'm sure there'll be one soon.

My one concern is that I'm getting too into this- I'm not sure what the minimum amount you should eat every day should be to avoid sending your body into starvation mode. I'm losing weight now, but I'm worried that I'm also sabotaging my future weight loss, so if anybody knows, tell me!

Laetj
09-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Hii guyss^^

100percentme - i know how hard it can be >_< but i'd say GO, you're friends seem like they really want you to come, so go with them, choose a dress and make it your goal^^

Hii Impalahoarder! i'm glad you've come here for advice! euhm to really see if you're eating enough, i should write down what you eat for like 2 days and then post it over here^^

anyway^^ I GOT MY BELLY PIERCED:P i'm soo happy with it^^ i know i haven't lost that much weight AND i'm not that skinny but who cares xD i really start liking the fact that my pant size has gone down(from 16 to 12, i think xD) i don't really know the english pantsizes xD, but if i fit a 12 i must be gaining muscle :P
anyway, i'm happy^^ i used to hate losing weight but now i really like it ;O

Good luck to ya all!

Laë

M a g g i e
09-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Impalahoarder- first of all, i have to say as a freshman in college that i'm totally jealous of the people who got to take college classes during high school! one girl already has 44 credits! apparently around here, they have a really good program for that and i'm jealous! I have high schoolers in my college classes, it's so weird! but that's awesome. i'm sure you're probably incrdibly stessed though since you're attending both schools and high school is so different/stricter/****s/etc while college is like "whatever, dudes. it's your future." As long as your following your nutritionist's advice, i'm sure you're eating enough calories. i wouldn't worry about that quite yet. it sounds like you're doing really well! I've been trying to eat every three hours too but.... Glad to hear you're lsing weight! Even though you might not notice, I'm sure you feel better and those around you are noticing!

Laetj- good for you!!! how fun! congratulations on your weight loss!

100percentME
09-25-2007, 01:48 AM
HEY EVERYONE!
How are you?
Ive been doing pretty bad, but tonight my attitude has changed, and so im looking forward to that affecting the rest of my life too. Ive not been feeling great, and ive had a bad attitude, i got a D on one of my papers at school, ive gained weight the past 2 weeks. Im just frustrated.
But im done. Im going to change that. Im really determined, hopefully i can stick to it.

I hope everyone is doing good. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Laetj
09-25-2007, 02:52 PM
heyy 100percentME, everyone goes through a bad period, i hope you'll get through it well, and we're here to help;)

anyway i got a question for you guys! i had an argument with a friend(must i include that it's a HE?) anyway he said that someone he knew said that girls sometimes are just dressed to short(and she meant REALLY REALLY short!). i said i agree with that, because too much is just too much, you know! do you think the same way about that, he said everyone dresses the way he/she wants, and i agree with that, but you still need to actually wear some clothes now don't you?;o

emgirl917
09-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Laetj- Congrats on the weight loss! It's a great feeling, even when it's not much. I totally agree w/ you about the clothes thing. I am a strong believer in the phrase (as blunt as it may be) "If it's not on the menu, keep it covered up!" But, with the pressure to fit in and to seem cool :shrug: many girls don't follow that rule. If you want more info PM me, I don't wanna seem like I'm preaching or judging.:o ('Cause I'm definitely NOT!:hug:)

100percentme- :hug::hug::hug: I have been there. In fact I was there for a looooong time. I lost down to 240ish before that and then during that time I went all the way back up to 300ish again. It's really discouraging and if you don't get a grip on it fast you dig yourself deeper and deeper till it seems like you can't get out. Just hold on, don't lose hope. The best way I've found to overcome it is to take it one day at a time. If you mess up, figure out what went wrong and try to avoid whatever it was that made it happen. (If that makes any sense at all.)

I have been doing fairly well with food, (I didn't overeat even once while I was on vacation this past weekend:carrot:) but can still not get a grip on my exercise! I have decided that rI'm going to get up in the morning and just go walk. I'm going to be using CoolRunning.com's Couch to 5k program if I can find a watch of some sort...

Y'all are in my prayers as well! TTYL;)

100percentME
10-01-2007, 01:48 AM
hey again everyone!
grrr..im still struggling alot with food and wanting it to fill my emotions. But im constantly ready to turn over a new leaf and start fresh. That's what i plan on doing for tomorrow. New start. New quarter at skool (a week from tomorrow).
i hope everyone is doing good.
oh, my newest obsession: eating ice. i swear ice tastes better than water, and it gives my mouth something to do. lol
im getting tired, time to plunk down and watch some tv....no maybe ill listen to music instead
night!

emgirl917
10-04-2007, 12:09 PM
I love eating Ice too! It does taste better than water. And it makes you feel like you are eating something. I think that at least 70 percent of losing weight is mental.:dizzy:

emgirl917
10-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Where is everyone????

100percentME
10-17-2007, 08:38 PM
hey! how is everyone!
i havent been on here much the past couple of weeks. i am doing eh. not necissarily bad, but im certainly not doing good.
how is everyone else?

emgirl917
10-20-2007, 05:08 PM
I have recently cut out all caffeine, (Soda and coffee) so I'm really low on energy and getting withdrawal headaches.:stars: But, other than that I'm doing pretty well.

I have exercised every day this week. I've overeaten a little:(..... I'm not dwelling on it though, just gonna put it behind me and try not to do it again.

My grandma and I are going to start walking (about a mile a day) on monday. I think I'll try just doing that for a few days, then gradually adding something else in maybe.:?: I need to build up my endurance, but I don't want to hurt myself in the process.

Anyway, enough about me- how has everyone else been doing?

100percentME
10-21-2007, 09:29 PM
i took my dog on a walk today. not a long walk because she has bad hips and cant walk very far, but it was nice. i want to start taking her every day. it will be good for her and for me.

emgirl917
10-24-2007, 11:57 AM
That sounds like fun! Maybe I'l bring my dog along for my walk today. I'll get an arm workout to from her pulling on the leash so hard:D

Daimere
10-26-2007, 09:54 AM
So, I started this week with well intentions but I honestly couldn't hack it. I am taking a nap instead of exercising (because I woke up at 5:45 a and will be up till 3 am). I didn't exercise. I am going off plan today totally. Tomorrow, I will try to eat a bit better(I chose Applebee's for dinner).

I realize I won't have a positive result on the scale but next week will be better. I will kick my *** for it.

emgirl917
10-26-2007, 10:23 AM
:tantrum: I weighed in this morning and was up almost 10lbs from 3 weeks ago! :tantrum:

So I had to go through ALL my mini goals and re-do them... again. 'Cause there's no way I'm gonna lose 15lbs. by Thanksgiving.

I have actually been doing pretty well this week, except on drinking water. I exercised everyday except yesterday. Yesterday I just didn't feel good at all and today's starting out that way.:(

Daimere
10-26-2007, 01:30 PM
It's okay. *hugs*

100percentME
10-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Hey girls! i havent been on for over a week! how is everyone?
im doing okay. ive lost a couple of pounds this week, but i am still up from where my ticker is, and from where i was a year ago today!

the good news.....wait for it....wait for it
I HAVE STOPPED EMOTIONAL EATING!!!! i have had an....emotionally trying 2 weeks, and looking back, i didnt eat to fill those emotions! i have discovered that A LOT of my eating comes from emotional eating. I would never consider myself an emotional person, but ive realized that i used to emotional eat for EVERYTHING. because im not very emotional, whenever my emotions start to sneak up on me (getting mad, sad, frustrated, ect) i had to end them with food. *dances* *and sings* i dont do that anymore, i dont overeat cuz of my emotions. i dont do that anymore, i dont overeat cuz of my emotions *stops singing*

im still enjoying eating ice. i have a cup of ice in front of me as i type this. it tastes so much better than water. :D
ive still been taking my dog on walks, tho unfortunatly we cant go everyday. ill go in about an hour when its not so hot outside! geez, its almost november and its still boiling outside!

i hope everyone is doing dandy! stop by and tell me how its going! i want to know how ya'll are doing!

~HaiLeY~

emgirl917
10-29-2007, 08:59 AM
YaY 100percentME!!!!!
:cheer2::woohoo::cheer2:

That's great! I have a problem with emotional eating too. I most of the time don't even realize it until I've already done it. I have to be really stressed out to do it though :yikes::tired::bomb::cry::cbg:

I did fairly well last week, but I'm gonna make this week even better.

A big problem in my life go resolved Friday:D So there won't be any emotional eating for me this week.:crossed:

Daimere
10-29-2007, 11:23 AM
I actually loss this week amazingly! My body must have known it was my birthday.

Daimere
11-13-2007, 12:18 PM
I tried on an old prom dress and it FITS. It's loose and all that

Jadeybaby
11-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Hey guys, I've been away for ages, but now I am back! Got bogged down with Uni work.
How are you all doing??!
I've totally gotten over my emotional eating which I am so pleased about! I rarely snack at all now, so at the moment I am working on getting more balance in my meals.
Hope everything is going well!

100percentME
11-22-2007, 09:50 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
let me take this day of giving thanks to say thank you to you guys. Thanks for your support. Thanks for reading my posts. Thanks for caring. And thank you for going through what im going through. It means a lot to know that i am not alone.

How did everyone's thanksgiving go?
major diet sabotage? mine actually went pretty good. The chocolates that were set out all around the house kind of made me eat too much, but overall i think i did pretty good. How about you?

Jadeybaby
11-23-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm so glad we don't have Thanksgiving in the UK-I would have majorly screwed up my diet!
I'm glad your day went well! Well done.
I am dreading Christmas day, the food is obviously kind of similar to Thanksgiving food and I eat wat too much, every year, no matter what!

100percentME
12-15-2007, 02:19 PM
hey girls!
i havent been on in a while, finals are killing me. But, thankfully, with my mind on school, it definatly hasnt been on food.
im sitting at about 163 right now. which is sad, considering a year ago this time i was 153. But, im still going. im trying not to focus on food so much, eat when im hungry, say no when im not hungry. HOw is everyone doing?

Laetj
12-20-2007, 07:42 AM
Heeeyy everyone!!
it's been a while^^
how have you guys been doing?
i checked a few things and some of you are doing great^^
keep up the good work :P
i've been doing good myself too^^
but i've been so busy with school xD

anyway
byebyee!

bubblebug12
01-10-2008, 12:15 AM
Hey guys, im back! Its been like 6 months, I stopped dieting in July and have gained back 15 pounds... :( BUT im ready to start again and at least im not starting as high ad I was last time! Im starting tomorrow morning, I joined a gym and im ready to go.

-Valerie

Daimere
01-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Good luck! I was just here to check our school year goal thread!

100percentME
01-16-2008, 07:15 PM
wow! whats up everyone!:goodvibes
for the past, idk even know how long, i have been fighting to see a 5 as the second digit on my weight. :woops: :lifter:
I've been losing weight this week, though i have no idea why, because i don't think im doing anything different....maybe i am. ill have to pay attention.
So the past couple of mornings ive gotten up
163 yes
162 yes
161.5 awesome! hopefully i can reach in the 160.somthing
:goodscale
so, i got up this morning. Got on the scale 160.0
no way. seriously?!?:yikes:
go to the bathroom. Get back on scale. 159.8 what?!? :hyper:no way is that true. 159.8 in the 150's?!?!:woohoo:
i mean, i know its barely barely in the 150's. Like, by the skin of my teeth (where did that saying even come from?) but its still a 5. and its still in the second digit. and its still so dang exciting!

so, how is everyone doing?

M a g g i e
01-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Hey everyone! As you might have noticed I kind of disappeared in September, but... I'm back! Shortly after my last post I got a roommate (college-- messed up, didn't have roommate to begin with and then got one all of a sudden who actually transferred this semester and I'm back to being alone) I had been healthy up until this point but...things happened and my roommate wasn't a good influence so yeah... but I've now successfully know my campus' eating choices so I'm better equipped to eat healthy, I spent my money on a mini stair stepping machine so I can get a cardio workout in my room in addition to pilates tapes and free weights. Nice and complete! ('cause I know i'm not dragging my *** to the gym when it's this cold, snowy, slippery and a 30 minute walk!!) Last week was our first week of classes and it sucked! I don't really like as many of my classes as i did last semester and i have more homework-ish type stuff and i just generally don't like my school stuff right now. But I've decided that this semester is about me and about me being happy. I want to feel good about myself and that means getting a good night's sleep and not napping the day away, mainly drinking water, no more than one diet coke a day, getting at least 3 servings of veggies, 2 servings of fruit, 3 dairy, 2 protein, taking a multivitamin, and relaxing! That's my main focus, not weight loss. However, I totally want to lose weight. i just don't want that to be my main thing in life right now. I don't want to obsess about it and end up binging, you know? In addition to that I definetly want to work out but I'm still have a problem working that in so that's a work in progress. I really like those warm delights things! I know they have 370 calories each but when I have one I plan on it and it helps me steer away from bad decisions during the day so that's my treat and most of the time i end up not having it because i feel good about what i ate. Sooo it's my win-win situation. I either don't binge and treat myself in a controlled way or I simple eat healthy all day and feel good. either way, I feel good and not guilty! I'm really trying not to fall into the trap of overloading myself by trying to change all my habits at once so I am taking it slower and making changes as I can, but this is probably the most clear headed I've been about being healthy. I feel good. I still have issues though! like with self-esteem on campus and feeling good about how i look, but i'm hoping to change that as i start feeling healthier. And if i don't plan my day out the night before my day just struggles. lot of weaknesses, but trying to focus on positive.

My current goals are this:
I'm not sure how much I weigh. I think it's about 200. By spring break (in 8 weeks) I want to lose 20 pounds (not TOO unrealistic. 2-3 pounds a week) after that I have 7 weeks of school and will probably slow down (plateau) to at most 2 pounds a week, but I hope to be working out more regularly by then so I will aim for 15 more pounds. That brings my weight down to 165. My eventual goal is 145-155 (that's what my supposed healthy weight is) but I'll see. I'm pretty tall so I'll just have to see where i am at that point.

well, got to go finish studying so I can go to bed and get a good night's sleep! How are you all doing so far this semester? What are your plans?

summerlove
01-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Hey guys...I haven't posted for a while..sort of stopped trying and gained 23 pounds....over the course of like, 6 months. pretty bad.

100percentME
01-24-2008, 07:01 PM
aw summerlove! dont give up.
we are here for you.:dust:
im not doing wonderful, but im still doing okay. i gained 2 pounds so im sitting at 161 so im hoping that i will go down to 160 tomorrow morning.

Ive had a stressful couple of weeks back from christmas break, my school schedule has been all messed up and ive had to change a bunch of stuff, but of course i can't just change it, there has to be a big 'ole stink about everything and a thousand obstacles to jump over just to get stuff fixed.
But im doing good and i hope you are doing well.
Hang in there everyone.
:dizzy:

leah_0600
01-24-2008, 07:10 PM
wow maggie you sound like you've got it all sussed, you have a good head on your shoulders! The best of luck with that plan, and well done for taking things slowly and not getting ahead of yourself!

M a g g i e
01-24-2008, 10:12 PM
i feel kind of bipolar because i haven't been feeling too well this week but i don't know why. I haven't been drinking caffeine and i've been going to bed early but i haven't been sleeping well and the past few mornings i've woken up at 6:30 or 7 which is something I NEVER do. I can't get up that early with my alarm set AND it's not because i went to bed early. I try to sleep but i can't or i fall asleep and then wake up at 2, feel sick, and can't fall back asleep. And then yesterday after i worked out i sat down and was drinking water and all of i sudden i had to sleep. not "oh, i'm sleepy" but it was like my body decided to fall asleep and then by brain was like "oh what, oh yeah we're sleeping now" and then i leaned on my side and fell asleep. it was bizarre like i couldn't control it. the flu and some other things are going around campus but i don't always feel bad and apart from occasionally feeling nauseous and not sleeping well, i have no symptoms of being sick. And i think i'm getting depressed because of the whole winter thing. all i want to do is nothing. but then other times i'm up and alert and active. right now i just feel really torn. on one hand, i really want to be healthy and lose weight and look drop dead sexy (especially in my bridesmaid dress for october) but i don't want to do the work. and my goals are becoming increasingly less realistic. And i'm all of a sudden obsessed with it. all i think about is losing 2 dress sizes by such and such time, and now that i'm thinking more about what i eat it's all that i think about. before, i was just eating to eat and didn't have an appetite. now, i can list 20 things i'm craving. today has just really sucked. i've had a headache and even though i don't accept that as an excuse, that's what i've done with today. I haven't had any fruit, only a can of green beans, and the rest have been starchy carbs and junky food (sun chips, english muffin, easymac, chips and salsa, yogurt with granola (granola was high calorie), and for breakfast i had a bagel with full fat cream cheese (that's all my school has) and since i have a long stretch between breakfast and lunch, i had a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch too!) and then i started eating peanut m&ms too. i honestly have no idea how much i've eaten today and i'm totally disgusted with myself. 2 days ago i was really level headed but now i'm just playing into the "dieting trap"

I think i messed myself up though. after i posted my last post i started thinking about my future sister-in-law and how she basically emotionally abuses me (really long story, they've been dating for 9 years, been a ***** the whole time, and are getting married in october and i'm a bridesmaid because she has no friends because she's mean....such a longer story but there's some background) It REALLY upsets me. not just her but my family's tolerance and indulgence in it. Seriously, i'm the butt of every joke around her and she constantly makes fun of how i look. she really hated it when my hair turned curly and (in my opinion) is cooler than her so I've been able to let the hair remarks slide by now that I love my naturally wavy/curly hair, but i have a lot of issues. we are opposites not only personality wise but looks wise. I am tall and she is short. main diff. honestly, she isn't that skinny but because she is short she wears a small size (duh) but that logic doesn't stop her from constantly pointing out how tiny she is, how big i am, and oh yeah how ugly i am. I would love love LOVE to see the look on her face at easter or whenever i next see her and be skinny because honestly, yeah my nose is kind of big, but i do think i'm pretty i just have a bigger body than i'd like. even if it's not true i feel like if i were skinny i would be gorgeous and then even if she made fun of me it would be easy to shrug it off and show off my long toned legs next to her short self.

i am obsessed with this and it's ruining me. i don't know what to do. i'm self-destructing. it either motivates me or for some reason terrifies me into a state of depression. I wish i had a workout buddy here at school but i don't and there isn't anyone to fill that role and i really don't have an excuse. sometimes i feel like there's this other maggie inside of me that doesn't want me to change because then i wouldn't have my weight to blame or hold me back. that sounds crazy i know, but i'm just so frustrated with myself and i feel stuck. seriously, every day i feel differently about what i'm trying to do. Can i have the girl from my post 2 days ago back????? she had a lot more sanity! ;)

M a g g i e
01-24-2008, 10:13 PM
oh and leah, i just saw this but HUGE congrats on being only 3 pounds from your valentine's day goal!!! that's awesome and valentine's day isn't even for another couple of weeks!!! yay!

100percentME
01-26-2008, 07:12 PM
:yay:
so, if i can be a weight 2 days in a row, then that is pretty good for me. my weight tends to change daily.
So one day celebrating a 5 in the tens spot, easily turns into a 6 the next.
im happy to report.
yesterday:159.8
today:159.8

im hoping it will change tomorrow. but im hoping it will go down

hope everyone is doing good!

M a g g i e
01-26-2008, 08:52 PM
so, if i can be a weight 2 days in a row, then that is pretty good for me. my weight tends to change daily.
So one day celebrating a 5 in the tens spot, easily turns into a 6 the next.
im happy to report.
yesterday:159.8
today:159.8

im hoping it will change tomorrow. but im hoping it will go down

hope everyone is doing good!

yay!!!! :bravo: :dance: :trampo: that's awesome!!!

does anyone know anything about how measurements go with weight? because i don't have a scale so I'll only be able to chart my progress with my tape measurer which is fine but I'm really bad with judging how much weight that is, where i should be measurement wise and all that. Any help would be much appreciated!

how's everyone weekends going? how did this past week go? any goals for this upcoming week?

Daimere
01-26-2008, 09:23 PM
You can loose more inches versus weight. My mom said that her friend was on a plateau but still lost inches.

My week didn't go well plan wise. *dies* But I did start exercising again. ^_^ I'm currently trying to finish chores to no avail.

I can fit into my moms 18-20s now. This is after still wearing 22s tight. I got all new clothes some from the NORMAL section of clothes.

M a g g i e
01-26-2008, 11:35 PM
that's awesome Daimere! :woohoo: I think that's one of the best feelings when you go down a dress size! it's nice to actually feel and see the results! :carrot:

i'm pretty sure that the only reason i still "wear" size 14 is because i've stretched out all my clothes. :( so my first goal is to actually be a size 14 again! :belly:

so, not to be all dr. phil and all, but what are you going to change this week so that it's different than last week?

personally, i made a chart so i can literally check my progress

100percentME
02-01-2008, 02:10 PM
AHH! im so super excited.:spin:
so at the beginning on the new year i set a goal. 35 pounds.
7 pounds a month.
5 months.
in 5 months i am going to be spending a week on a houseboat. that is my motivation for loosing weight.
well, a few days ago when i got on the scale and it read 161 ( when my goal was 158) i was a little sad and disappointed. :stress:
How was i supposed to meet my goal?
Next day...160.2. :sunny:
Next day 159.:trampo:
this morning....158.4:yay:

so im pretty happy. im going to go reset my weight loss trackers and everything. this is a such a great motivation for me.
hopefully the (slighly shorter) month of February will go well also.

and this also means i broke past the 6 in the tens place!

100percentME
02-10-2008, 09:49 PM
k, so ive totally screwed up the past week
gained a couple of pounds
but tomorrow is monday, and i am going to work hard and lose the weight again
i don't think i will make my february goal, but i am still optimistic about my overall goal. i hope everyone else is doing well.
~HaiLeY~

Little Lilly
02-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Hello everybody! ^_^ I'm Lilly, i'm 16 and I am new here. :D It is nice to meet you all!

I've just started doing Weight Watchers (I did it 3 years ago, but gained all the weight back when I stopped) and this time i'm determined to do it! :D I'm on the points plan, just starting my first week. Waiting to see how my medication will affect my weight loss! Very tense.

I hope you are all doing well! ^_^

My overall goal: reach 130lbs
My Weight watchers leader's goal for me: lose 10% of my body weight (1 stone 8 pounds) half a stone at a time
Mini-goals: 10lbs is a milestone mark for me. Reward myself for each 10lbs I lose. Will require losing 106lbs, so 10 and a bit presents. Yay me! :D

I hope you are all well, and I look forward to speaking to you all ^_^

Lilly xx

summerlove
02-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Welcome Lilly!

How's everyone doing....any plans for Valentines?

100percentME
02-18-2008, 10:13 AM
welcome lilly! im glad you found us! I've never done weight watchers, but i have friends who have and i've been told it works really well.

I didn't do anything for valentines day, but on friday i spent the night with some friends, so that was fun.

Im very happy right now. I got on the scale this morning
YAY!!!!!
i hope i can keep it up though.
i went to the doctor last week, and according to their scale i was 4 pounds lighter than the last time i went. Im happy about that because it means there is REAL weight loss, and my scale isn't jsut playing tricks on me. I know its only 4 pounds, but still.
and it also means that my scale is accurate.

i hope everyone is doing good.
<3
~HaiLeY~

100percentME
02-23-2008, 01:32 PM
ugh
im back up to 159.
the weight is always easier to lose once i've lost it once, so im hoping to be 155-156 by the end of February.
its not meeting my february goal, but that's okay. its still progress.
i hope everyone else is doing fantastic!!!

h is m
03-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Heyy everyone! I'm Hollyanne. I'm 16 and I'm sure I'm one of the bigger girls on here. Although I am bigger, it's mostly muscle. I'm built! Lol But I just wanted to say and I love talking with people and I love music! Thanks!

Slava
03-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Hello everyone! :carrot:
I'm new here... Erm, that is, my last visit was more than one year ago. After that, school took hold of my life... :dizzy:
But here I am! I'm 16 but I'll be 17 in April. That makes me really, really sad because I planned to lose some weight a long time ago. Right now, I'm really serious about getting rid of those pounds! Grrr, I'm so mad at them for making a whole range of activites difficult for me! :mad:
Also, I recently signed up for group tennis lessons that start at the end of March. So now I've got to slim down a bit to make it easier on myself. Not to mention that I don't want other people to see me shake it all over the place. :o
So... I'm starting my own thing tomorrow! I just can't wait to do this! :carrot:

By the way, anyone know how much weight is it possible to lose before end of March? The goal I have here is more long-term. Thanks!

100percentME
03-12-2008, 04:56 PM
hey girls!
nice to meet you h is m and slava
yeah, i've been promising myself to lose weight for...years and years now. But im optimistic, and so im going to keep trying.
This thread tends to be a little slow, but hopefully we can get it going.
I can't wait to get to know both of you. I hope you find a lot of support here.
```````
im frustrated atm. my sister is housesitting for 2 weeks. she took the scale with her....
so for 2 weeks, i dont know my weight (week one is down, only one more week to go). Im kind of afraid that i will get on after such a long time and will have gained like 100 pounds. (overexaggeration, i know)

i hope you girls are doing good. keep checking back in, i love hearing from ya'll!

~haiLeY~

Steph577
03-17-2008, 04:08 AM
Hey Guys!
I'm a newbie....I'm gradding from high school in June, and realized that if I want my dress to fit I better try and change some of my habits. I had been doing well for a few days until my heart was just a tiny bit broken by a guy lol....that sort of ended the good days. Oh well I'm doing better now so hopefully I'll be able to stick to it!

100percentME
03-19-2008, 02:27 AM
yeah, so getting the scale back wasn't the greatest thing ever, i didn't lose anything.
kind of disappointing, but im trying to make it motivate me to keep going, you know?

time for a little goal setting, if i may.
march: 155-means losing 3 more pounds
april: 149-6 pounds
may:144-5 pounds
june:139- 5 pounds
july:134-5 pounds
all of senior year: get to and maintain 130
i will be basically happy anywhere between 130-135.

good luck everyone!
ill be checking back more often i think.

Slava
03-31-2008, 06:49 PM
Hello everyone!

It's been awhile..... Ugh, my weight's been fluctuating! I'm trying to go for walks and sometimes jogs. My main problem is basically too many calories. And midnight snacks. (blushes) ANYWAY, I'm trying to fix that. No, I WILL fix that.

Anyone who thinks it's like impossible to lose with so many things going on in their lives and everything being so hectic and confusing, I feel your pain. Just wanted to put that out there.

I'll check in after about a week. We'll see how I do. :) Ooooh, I'm challenging myself. Lol.

Have a great week, ppl!!!

Daimere
04-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Baccccck on track. 219 right now

mandi<3
04-28-2008, 11:05 PM
Hey i've never seen this thread on here, so i thought it was high time i said hello. I'm 18 and going to university in September. I would like to be at my goal weight, or close to it by then. I have used this website on an off in my dieting. Usually when i stop coming online is when i start gaining the weight again.

So i'm back, and would like to say that I think it would be awesome to have some other teens to chat with about weightloss. All my friends are thin (effortlessly too, i may add) so they don't really understand what it's like. As well i haven't ever told them that I'm trying to change my eating habits and loose weight.

Gryph
05-03-2008, 12:09 PM
So I just joined and was referred to this thread. Thought I might post a bit about me. c:
My name's Ariel, I'm sixteen years old and will be a Junior next year. I've always been pretty overweight for my age--I can't ever remember a time where I wasn't, but I do remember the times when I was completely oblivious to it.
A little over a year ago, when I weighed myself in at 165, I decided that enough was enough, and that's when I started making some serious changes in my lifestyle. They worked for about half a year, and I lost about 25 pounds before hitting a plateau. Up until now, I've been constantly hovering between 140 and 145.
About a week ago, I regained my motivation, and since Sunday, I've gone from 141 to 138. My goal weight is anywhere from 115 to 125--I've been taking karate for a little over three and a half years, so I have some muscle weight that must be accounted for. ^^;
Anyway, it'll be great talking to you guys. =D

Kitegirl24
05-03-2008, 10:32 PM
I won't be a teenager for much longer :cry: LOL....turning 20 in August....but I figured I'd say hi anyways! :wave:

I just wanted to say to you guys that it's great we're focusing on a healthy lifestyle now, because trust me (and I'm sure you know this by looking at the adults in your lives), losing weight does NOT get any easier as you age! It's important that we start living healthy now, before our metabolism slows down and it seems utterly impossible to lose those pounds.

100percentME
07-27-2008, 07:10 PM
hey everyone
haven't been in for a while.
i hope ya'll are doing well.
welcome to everyone who is new

im pretty much still sitting around 157, though i haven't been able to weigh myself for a couple of days because my scale is gone (sister is house sitting and took the scale with her).

im hoping that when she gets back, ill be happy with the number on the scale.

how is everyone else doing?

Slava
08-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Yay! I'm back! *trumpets sound*

Hello mandi<3, Gryph, Kitegirl24, and 100PercentME (and whoever else is lurking out there)!!!

Well, I sure had a nice break from school but, unfortunately, it translated into a break from dieting as well. Everything's cool in my life right now, but I need more motivation if I want to continue losing weight... Feeling a bit sad now, actually.

And, 100PercentME: I like your Yoda signature, but it depresses the heck out of me lol. :P

Finally, where is everyone? I'd think there were more people interested in this thread. O_o

Alrighty, have a good time with whatever you're doing people! What IS everyone doing, btw? I'm finishing up my summer reading for school. FUN, I tell you. Such GREAT GREAT *FUN*.

Keep this thread alive, you hear me! XD

Love you all!!! <3 <3 <3

JacquelineR
09-14-2008, 01:56 AM
whoa this thread hasn't even moved much since the ending of last school year! I've lost a total now of 25pounds! Since I have been seeing my nutritionist this spring. And am now down to a size 22 from a size 24 and am below the 300pound mark...I don't even know how I really got up there. So hows everyone else doing?

Slava
09-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Yeah, this thread is getting nowhere. I mean, there's my post from 2 weeks ago! :P

I'm at a stable weight of 147 right ow, only 2 more pounds to go!!! :carrot:

145 isn't my goal weight - I just thought it's be easier to go a short distance, then change my weight tracker again. I'm kinda average/petite so I have about ten more pounds to go. :broc:

Well, this forum really needs some POSTING! That's how encouragement works, people, and I believe we all can use a little of that. :hug:

Hugs to everyone!

:dust:

100percentME
12-09-2008, 04:37 PM
lol yeah this thread moves pretty slow
we should start posting more, eh?

im around 154 right now, which is good, but i really want to get below 150 during december, which will be really hard with all teh christmas candy floating around.

how is everyone doing?

100percentME
12-13-2008, 02:38 PM
double post, i know.
its a *bump* plus an update.
so as of this morning my weight was 153.6
i really really want to see a 4 in place of that 5.
plus, i still have that pair of pants.
the pair that i wore on my first day of school my freshman year. i can almost fit into them. like, at my highest weight, i couldn't even button them. and now i can button them easily, i just have too much fat sticking up over the sides.
My goal is that those pants will be too big by my first day of my freshman year of college.
4 years of gaining and losing weight. its a lot, i know.
but i think it i can get to 140 (which is atm feeling really achievable) than those pants will be loose.
im still wearing a size 12 pant (my freshman pants are 10) but id ultimately like to be an 8. oddly enough i don't want to be smaller than that (cuz i have curves and i like them and want to keep them).
so yeah, that's what's up with me.
how are ya'll?

Emmaliina
03-28-2009, 01:20 PM
I just found this thread after browsing, and I know I'm kind of bumping an old thread maybe :o , but I just thought I'd add another to the teen bit =]

I'm Emma, I'm 17 and I live in the UK ... currently doing WW and have a long way to go!

100percentME
04-24-2009, 10:56 AM
hi girls, long time no see.
we should really try and get this thread moving, i wonder how many teens are still active on here.

oh my gosh, i had to get on and tell you girls, im now down to 141!!!
i can't believe it. my freshman year pants finally fit, but im really insecure about wearing them because im still afraid that they are too small. im going to try and lose a little more weight, but i plan on wearing those pants on the last day of school. i figured it would be very symbolic and all that jazz.

im really afraid of regaining the weight, and so the fact that i've lost it all is making me really nervous, but i've kept it off so far, so im just trying to be confident in my accomplishments.

i graduate from high school May 21st, and i'd really like to have a 3 in the tens place when i get that diploma. A 3...i haven't weighed that since...i think since 8th grade. and then ultimatly, by the time i start college in the fall id like to be 130, so that would only be another 9 pounds if i reach my May goal.

i hope you girls are all doing well. I'll try and post more often, maybe we can get this thread to be a little more active.

so how is everyone else?

100percentME
04-27-2009, 12:10 AM
so i jumped back up to 143, but that's expected.
you know how people yoyo diet; they lose weight and then gain it back plus some. im the opposite. i gain weight, then lose it plus some. then gain part of it, and lose it plus some. on and on and on. and that's been the way i've lost this weight.

im really really eager to get a 3 in the tens place. wow, i remember being eager for a 5, and then for a 4. i can't believe im down to working for a 3. but ya, im eager to lose these 3 pounds and be in the land of 130's. i think i want to hit about 130 pounds and then maintain that. i dont want to get any thinner than that. i have very jutty bones and i would look gross if i was skinny.
so hopefully the next time i post i will be enthusiastic about a 139 or lower. that would be awesome.
talk to you girls later :D

SupaChix
05-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Ello.
My mom and I share this account, and she was on here and saw that this post and suggested I check it out....My name is Breawna and Im fifteen years old (sixteen on May twenty-sixth). I'm currently a sophmore and praying to be around 200lbs by the beginning of my junior year. The first day my mom and I joined I weighed 257.0 I weighed myself the other morning and it was 253.5 I don't really know why it was a dramatic loss since I didnt really do anything, but the excersizing she and I did worked. The main reason I am here is because I can't take the weight anymore! I like being fat (as weird as that may sound) but I'm TO fat. I want to be able to ride my skateboard without feeling like I'm going to break it, so I'm hopeing that losing fifty or so pounds will help.
-Breawna(:

Lovely91
05-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Hope you do it.
I tried dieting every summer in highschool but it never worked.
Now I'm done with my senior year but luckily I have been dieting since March and I'm losing those pounds, hoping i'd look good by my graduation walk. So do it now before its too late.
Good luck teens

100percentME
05-04-2009, 12:43 AM
hey breawna! glad you found us! ya losing weight in high school is pretty tough. i've been trying to for the past 3 years (since im currently a senior) and am just now being successful. i encourage you to stick with it and lose the weight, because you'll regret not doing it. High school can be very different when you are confident about how you look, and when you feel good physically and mentally.

as for me, im doing pretty well. I haven't lost anymore pounds but i think im still getting thinner because my clothes are fitting looser and looser.
For the past three years i have worn size 12 pants. Two weeks ago i bought two pairs that were 10 and now they are loose. I went and tried the exact same pair of pants in an 8 and i could get into them (not comfortably tho).
im totally bewildered. 8 has always been the pant size that i want to be, and now im sooo close.
i really want to be there by august.

my goals:

may 21: 139 or below
august 1: 130

naf1008
05-30-2009, 02:13 AM
Hi everyone nice to meet you! I'm Natalie, I'm 18 years old and I just finished my Freshman year in college. I'm at 178 pounds now and hope to get down to 145 by September.. I look forward to getting to know some of you and offering support!!

100percentME
05-31-2009, 12:27 AM
Hey natalie! glad you came to join us over here :D
is september when you start classes again?

I start my freshman year of college in mid-august, and so i really want to be at or below my goal long before than.
i think i've shifted my goal to a pant size: i'd like to lose one more pant size and be a size 6.

i didn't weigh myself this mornig because i knew that i had gained a pound or two, but i did pretty good today so hopefully tomorrow morning ill be back on track.
how are you ladies doing?

eleanorigby
05-31-2009, 12:27 AM
Hi! I'm Eleanor. I'm 15. I weight 200 lbs and I want to lose 40 pounds over the summer so I'll be 160 lbs by the time school starts. I'm a freshman in high school and I've suffered through teasing and taunting for my weight for a couple years now and that's just one of many things that are motivating me to lose weight. I'm using a healthy diet of 1,400-1,500 calories per day and lots of exercise (walking, walk/jog alternating, weight lifting, general exercises like push ups and crunches) to lose weight and get fit. One of my goals is to be able to run 3 miles by the end of the summer. :)

100percentME
05-31-2009, 09:36 PM
welcome eleanor, glad you are able to join us over here :D
my best advice for you would be to tackle this weight now, because i really wish i had just lost weight back when i first wanted to, instead of spending all my high school years wishing that i was a size 6 (which is my current goal).

im a little frustrated with myself because ive eaten really bad all weekend and gained a pound...well, a pound that i know of. i prolly had gained 2 but i didnt weigh myself yesterday because i didnt want to know.
i havent eaten too great today either (there were soft soft cookies on the counter. omg!!!!) but im trying to get back on track. which is why im currently walking on the treadmill while posting lol
but hopefully ill be back down by tomorrow morning, or perhaps by tuesday and i can restart my attempt to lose those last 9 pounds.
i think after these 9 pounds, im going to start strength training. It's crazy, realizing im so close to my goal. its a little scary too. i wont know what to do.
How are you ladies doing?

Lucy Pryde
06-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Hey! I'm Lucy; I'm so glad I finally found a teen thread.
I'm fourteen years old and going into my sophomore year of high school (lol- that's what you get for being a homeschooler) and I am a Christian. I've always been overweight, at least for as long as I can remember. Everyone said that I'd get taller and slimmer, but it looks like my growth's stunted at a lovely 5'2 and 1/2" inches, so here I am trying to lose weight.
I used to be 213 lbs, but I lost 22 of that on a previous diet. I fell off the wagon, though, but I managed to maintain my weight until now. Now, I'm back on the diet train and have lost 9.5 pounds in the last eighteen days. Woot!
For all of you who are struggling with the temptation of yummy foods: I've so been there, and I still am very tempted to munch on fat-drenched, carb-filled, sugar-smothered goodness every once in a while, but it's entirely worth it to refuse those foods. For the first time I remember, I can actually see the faint outline of my collarbone!:carrot: