Old 07-26-2007, 05:32 PM   #1  

Default Burn out

I am looking for some suggestions for workout videos. Something someone of my size could actually keep up with. And maybe something a tiny bit fun.

I have been walking nearly every day for a month, with the exception of 3 days...2 of which I played DDR instead. I'm just starting to get bored with it. Every day it's becoming more and more of a chore, something I dread. I really looked forward to my walks in the beginning, and I think changing up my daily exercise would bring that back. I want to nip this now, before I start slipping. I WANT to exercise every day, I just need some variety!

So, begin workout video suggestions now:
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 05:49 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Personally,

I really like "The Firm" videos. I did them when I was well over 300 lbs. I get into little spurts when I'll do exercise videos for a couple months and then I'll switch to something else.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 05:52 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I love Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds DVD's. A good one to start with is her 1,2 and 3 miles express series. Very easy to follow and quick.

I agree with you by the way. It really is important for me to vary my workout from day to day. It makes it a tad more interesting.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:47 PM   #4  
300+ Chick

I do or try to do daily with Richard Simmons sweating, low impact videos, which he keeps it fun and encouraging you on keeping the workout moves going..I love it!! He has sweatin to the oldies serious with music for an hour time and also Blast off videos, for 40 minutes, which I have them, but am sticking with the sweatin tapes till am bored. They are fun and really sweat up a storm.. I do it at before bed.

Good luck on finding a good workout video!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:41 PM   #5  

I started with Walk Away the Pounds and worked my way into other workouts. The shorter DVDs are easy to fit into a busy schedule. I love the WATP DVDs that add the hand weights (such as the booster mile). Also, try your local library. I tried out a lot of DVDs this way as well.
starzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:09 PM   #6  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I know you're tired of walking but walk away the pounds is a great place to start... Turbo Jam also is excellent (kinda like kickboxing) you will probably have to modify it just a wee bit but I can do it at my size just fine. The biggest loser (1st one) is fairly good too and has more then one level of workout but those lunges/squats are a bit killer for us bigger girls!
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:27 PM   #7  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

I like The Firm videos. I have 6 old ones (VHS) and currently rotate between 3 of them. My next gift to me will be their new set.
I''ve heard a lot about the WATP workouts and want to try them out too.
Have you thought about upping your walk to a jog...then to a run?
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:46 PM   #8  

lol...jogging...that's funny!
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:25 AM   #9  

I don't have any suggestions, but I've enjoyed reading everyone's answers. I've been looking for something new that I could do too!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:04 AM   #10  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

I like TaeBo- there are different level videos. Billy is very motivating and he really gets you moving. It makes you feel strong and empowered!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:19 AM   #11  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I just got the Dancing with the Stars Cardio Dance DVD! It not only teaches you basic dance steps, it gets your heart really pumping!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:11 PM   #12  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Heh, yeah jogging is a funny thought. Probably not the best idea. I tried it when I was about 250 and I think I got up to where I could jog for a minute and rest for 5 and then recycle that. I guess it's something to think about for the future (one of those couch to 5k programs) but jogging would probably not be good right now even for me.

BTW turbo jam can be bought for less on ebay - I was skeptical about it but I heard so many rave reviews, and was surprised at how fun it was after I got through the video a few times. I like the cardio party one much better then the others though.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote