LA Weight Loss - uPDATE FOR THE THE LOSS 4LBS THIS WEEK ( long post)

6digmans
07-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Well I went this afternoon to the COD and saw the manager there and she has always been friendly to me. She asked how it was going and I said, well funny you ask I said I have not met with you but I can tell you so far I really don't like the new plan at all. she looked shocked and asked why? I said I have been on this going on week 3 now and I have not had a lose without regaining it back. I said, I had been losing over 2lbs a week and now I am lucky if i lose 2oz, because I have gained 2lbs since this entire new program has begun.
She took me in the back to get weighed and SHE said , "I am curious were you are now"? I said," ya know so am I!" ( had cut my protein to 2.5 a day and took 3 starch instead of 4) well what do you know she said, your down a half a pound since Monday! I said, yep and I took out 1/2 protein and 1 starch to see what might happen for 1 day!
She was kinda not expsecting that to happen! I said we need to call the dietican and see about plan 2 for me instead. the other gilr double checked it and said she is in the middle for either plan. I told the other girl I want plan 2 she said well you have to take 3 , you have the rebate sitting there ya know. I said this a JOKE. I am not losing I proved i was not losing by doing less starch and protein and you will not change it!:mad:

The manager said let me see your menu book?? i showed it to her she said , were is the Express book at? I said I never got one this is all I was given. SHe looked at my weekly weight loss. OOOOHHHH she said , NOW I get what happened. Anyone who has been on the program and was losing more then 2lbs a week was put right onto the "normal menu" anyone who was 2lbs a week or less had to do the 4 week program. SHe said well seems like your body is all confused right now. So I am suppose to start from scratch "Sortof" . I agreed to do this for 1 week 2 day express takeoff with cantalope ( she offered me the juice for 18$ due to the mess I got into , was nice of her but did not take it my swollen feverblister would not like it) for 2 days, then after that I would do 1 week of this "limited menu "you normally do for a month for only the one week. I figure IF this does not work I can go back in and say I did what you asked and NOW I want the other plan.

She was very nice and very understanding why I was upset, i think she was not pleased herslef to see I was losing on another plan!

I am not sure the problem is solved but we are working on a solution and I figure if i do what they want and all else fails after 1 week I can go back in and tell them. should they not let me change plans I will fake the plan 3 and do plan 2 to lose weight and meet my goal.

Sorry so long!

dolphn545
07-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Steph - I hope that things work out for you with the plan. Keep us posted!! :)

BarbaraB
07-25-2007, 09:49 PM
Steph,
Hopefully this gets you out of your plateau. You don't know if you would have just hit one anyway, really. I did at about 15 pounds down, which I know seems like it is way too soon and is super frustrating... and I hit it on Purple with Lights. So there is no magic out there that is going to guarantee you that you won't have plateaus. They are an unfortunate fact of weight loss, but hang in there and keep eating right and doing what you should,and suddenly, your weight will start dropping again... 2 pounds a week is the ideal, but not the reality for most people. I think this change is very likely to get the scale moving again.....

6digmans
07-25-2007, 10:07 PM
i think they think its a just a hit a point as you said. Maybe they are humoring me I have no idea. I guess I have been lucky with 2+lbs a week.
i think the stress of the feverblister showing up made them realize how worked up I was over this.

they probably laughed at me when I left, but they should wonder if I lose with what wuld be plan 2 and not with 3 maybe I HAVE SOMETHING THERE

KrispieD
07-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Barbara hit it on the head I think Steph.. A lot of times at the beginning you will have good losses and remember the safest loss recommended by ALL is no more than 2lbs a week to enable your body to keep it off. It will start to slow down and I had many many weeks were I would be perfectly on plan and lose nothing, go up a bit or stay the same. I think to truly see if holding back the protein and starch affected the scale you'd have to give it more than one day.. you may have lost that 1/2 lb regardless but the main thing is you expressed your problems to the COD and now they will work with you to help you out. Congrats on making sure you were heard.
As someone who has lost nearly 100lbs and 65 of that on LAWL I know those weeks on the scale can send you into a real funk but you have to try to stay positive and keep on giving it a try.. you body will play tricks on you sometimes and I always had to tell myself I didn't put the weight on in a short period of time so I can't expect to lose it in a short period either.. so hang in there.. keep telling COD what you need and stay positive. you can do it!

emmysmom
07-26-2007, 07:10 AM
I hope this will get you back where you need to be, Steph. WTG on keeping those counselors on their toes!!!

Pastrey
07-26-2007, 09:36 AM
Steph, congrats on confronting your COD. Hopefully this express thing works for you, and if it doesn't - then hopefully they will do something about it. My fingers are crossed for you :)

I may be in similar situation. I was told last night they are rolling out the numbered plans here in two weeks and I will be on plan 4. I could cry. 5 starch. I have a hard time getting in three servings let alone 5!! I told her I can't afford to experiment to stay the same weight or gain. I think I am going to have to drastically reduce calorie intake and lose some mega weight so i am not rolled into plan 4 with 5 starch. May not be healthy - but I am tired of eating too much food, not losing, trying to be positive, but I am just getting more depressed by the day :(

stitchinchick
07-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Steph - Good for you for standing up for yourself! I hope that this new plan works and that you get to losing again! We are all pulling for you!

Patsy - Wait a minute!!!! Where is the girl who gave me such encouragement the other day when I was ready to cry???!!! Come on, now, it's my turn! You have come so far - losing 30 pounds thus far...you can go the rest of the way. Just know that if the new plan does NOT work for you, then you need to stand up and say so. I did it, and while it was hard (I was embarassed that I had gone from losing so much to suddenly gaining, although I was being POP), it paid off - They put me back on the "old" plan and now in the past 2 days since they've done that, I've lost 1.4!!!! And, as you mentioned before, this is a great, supportive group - we are here for you!!!! So, don't cry!!!!! and keep us posted...

KrispieD
07-26-2007, 11:35 AM
I have the feeling they will have to ditch the new plan soon.. it's wreaking havoc on all these people that have worked so hard.
Keep the faith ladies.. you have shown you can do it already..we're proud of you!

6digmans
07-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Steph, congrats on confronting your COD. Hopefully this express thing works for you, and if it doesn't - then hopefully they will do something about it. My fingers are crossed for you :)

I may be in similar situation. I was told last night they are rolling out the numbered plans here in two weeks and I will be on plan 4. I could cry. 5 starch. I have a hard time getting in three servings let alone 5!! I told her I can't afford to experiment to stay the same weight or gain. I think I am going to have to drastically reduce calorie intake and lose some mega weight so i am not rolled into plan 4 with 5 starch. May not be healthy - but I am tired of eating too much food, not losing, trying to be positive, but I am just getting more depressed by the day :(

I am sure my posts of hating this new plan did not help either!

Just so you know even if you lose ALOT of weight to try and not be on the plan if you fall in the middle of 2 plans you get the one with more starch! Atleast thats how it seems at my COD.
MAKE SURE you get the LA EXPRESS for the 4 weeks FIRST THEN the actual menu. otherwise you will end up like me sitting there and nothing happening. your suppose to do this first menu book for 4 WEEKS then the other one comes in. I am only asked to do it for 1 week there is no take out, no red meat much much smaller book but enough variety for a week for me. I don't know if I could handle 4 weeks personally.

Try not to get where I have been with worrying about it and stand your ground if you have questions. they are new to it as well !
Its not that I don't trust the program I just really questioned the actual plan i was on.

If it makes you feel anybetter there is a plan that gives you get ready.... 9 STARCHES a DAY! holy flipping camoly! that is about 1 loaf of low calorie wheat bread!

KrispieD
07-26-2007, 11:58 AM
9 STARCHES!!!
I wouldn't even know what to DO with 9 starches? I'd have to make pasta smoothies and serve my salads on big kaiser buns..
9!!!

Pastrey
07-26-2007, 12:00 PM
Thanks Becca, I know, I am trying  I went to weigh in last night feeling really good and thinking I was going to be down. I lost a whole 2 oz. The counsellor then said I was overdue for measurements, even though I haven’t lost a lot of weight, perhaps I have been losing inches. I am due for a new food diary in a few days – which means I will have missed another personal mini goal. It is hard to swallow, but I guess it just means I have to try even harder!! I know I will get there, I just get impatient sometimes…

Pastrey
07-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Steph - thanks for the info. I'll have to think about my strategies now. Nine starches is just insane, unless of course they have changed the serving sizes to a 1/4 breadstick or something (which i am guessing not). Guess I should really be glad I am not being put on that program! :)

I want to be healthy and do things right, and I believe LAWL is a great program. I guess I just have to find my patience again and keep forging on...

BarbaraB
07-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Patsy,
I know it seems to take forever when you are losing weight, but if you were to take 30 pounds of fat out and look at it, well it is a LOT and your body is just recovering from the shock of that. It takes breathers. Joni wrote a wonderful post in the weekly thread about how your body is healing itself. I decided (in retrospect of course) that my body was busy pulling in the skin and healing the damage from being fat while I was on a plateau. Since you really want to end up looking great not deflated. The slower weight loss brings on the great look, really fast and you end up looking like a deflated balloon, so have patience with your body and don't try to put pressure on yourself to do anything but follow the plan and get some exercise and in the end you will be wow... that was really quite fast! I had to adjust to being thinner, as I had been overweight for a long time, and I'm sort of glad it didn't fall off overnight now. The thing is that the counselors talk to people all day long that aren't losing their 2 pounds, since well.. there are a lot of people who just won't lose at that rate. I didn't... they never asked me for another penny for more weeks, so all the stress I put on myself and the angst about not losing quick enough was just wasted energy on my part... I guess different people have different deals with the COD... but if you bought the whole package with the guarantee thing.... The only thing you have to pay more for is the lites... and those are even optional... So be patient, let your body do what it has to do to make you end up looking and feeling great and don't punish yourself by starving, since too low of a plan and you don't lose either.

6digmans
07-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Hey guys its been a crazy day here~ tryin to plan out trip for xmas I know , I know its far away but i am BIG on planning! I am also OCD with somethings and this is one of them!
Anyhow, yes there is a plan that has 9! just think 18 slices of bread DAILY!!!

she told me the same plan gave someone a serving of steak was 12oz!

BarbaraB you will get there! I just hate to see you try and lose tons of weight and then you still get the same plan.

I did the TO with the melon and it works so much better then the drink . I was really not bothered by what i get to eat today! I thought it would be worsse then it was, coarse i still have tommorow

stitchinchick
07-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Hi, all! Just had to post this somewhere (I am so HAPPY!!) - I went to WI today, (last WI was Tuesday when I asked them to switch me back to my purple w/ lites b/c it wasn't working for me) - and I LOST 2.6 POUNDS!!!!! ...since Tuesday!! This is the biggest loss for me in all of my 4 months on LAWL (well, from WI to WI)...Just had to share! I am now at an all-time low for me...and nothing is going to stop me from getting to goal now!!!

Thanks to everyone for all of the support! Keep up the good work!

aguerin
07-27-2007, 12:41 PM
:bravo::hat::dancer::flow1::high::encore::cheer2:: congrat::cheer:

These are all the good ones (smilies) I could find. Way to go Stitchinchick! I like the encore one best myself. Now take a bow!!!

Pastrey
07-27-2007, 01:53 PM
That is awesome Becca!! Congrats!

6digmans
07-27-2007, 02:20 PM
WOW that is awesome! SOO very happy for you! it really feels great to come along and have a big lose. linda makes you want to go get a new outfit;)

BarbaraB
07-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Way to go Becca. That's over 25 pounds! Some weeks are just the best!

Steph, I'm at goal now. Been there since May. Although my original finish date was beginning of March and I ended up setting a goal 12 pounds higher than my original goal, so I know something about the 2 pounds a week not budging and feeling crazy frustrated about it and worrying about the weeks and the cost and just making myself crazy about it. But in the end, for me, it was all wasted worry. I'm happy with my body now, which is a first for me.

Pastrey
08-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Steph, how is the new plan going? How did the week of express go? Are you back on the regular numbered plan now?

I have good news for me - COD put me on purple plan on Monday. I was still 9 lbs off weight I was suppose to be to be put on purple, but they put me on it anyway - and told me that they would not be putting me on plan 4 with 5 starch. Now that I am on purple, they would put me on a lower plan which I am guessing would be plan 3.

Since Monday and starting on purple, I feel soo much better. I am excited about weighing in tonight. I stepped on the scale this morning and it showed a 1.5 lb loss...hoping that stays into the afternoon :) They told me it could take a week to see any real progress after changing plans - but I think i will see it right away...might not be huge losses - but right now I will take any loss. i think this is what I needed to break my plateau :) I feel so confident and empowered :)

stitchinchick
08-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Patsy,
You will have to let us know how WI goes - It sounds like you are happier on purple, though. I have been on purple w/ lites since the beginning and have 15 pounds to go and then I'll move down to gold w/ lites. So...keep us posted!

Steph - I agree with Patsy...how IS it going? Inquiring minds want to know!

bahamadream10
08-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Becca- That's great!!! Congrats on the weight loss.

amylou7777
08-01-2007, 11:24 PM
AWESOME! I love when they come off in 2s or 3s! CONGRATS!

ps-if you are ever looking for a place to post, the weekly threads (marked with the dates of the week) are just open chatter, updates, get to know you better posts and you can always post there!

KEEP IT UP!

6digmans
08-09-2007, 12:36 AM
Hey guys its been a while since I posted, I kinda have been down in the dumps.
I did my 2 Day Take OFF and lost.6 when I got weighed after that! then of coarse TOM came along:(. well I then did the full week of the skin book that the newbies start with very little to pick from compared to the thicker book anyhow went in and gained .4 .that was really annoying! I tossed it up to water weight gain from TOM. well then after that was over and I was back on the normal book and the water retention was gone , I thought I was good to go . I ate for 3 days from the book I had gained with before and went in to get weighed and gained 1.4lbs!:?::mad: So needless to say I was on the verge of tears. I sucked it up and kept it to myself as I listened to this girl tell me I should of not had red meat more then 3 times a week and I had it
2xs! She said I need to cut that out so much. I was going to snap so I kept my mouth shut if you can even believe that ( I could not). She told me come back in a few days and no more red meat this week~ what ever ! she is the same one who put me on the wrong bookto start so like i can believe what she is telling me at this point ???

the other girl said , hit a plateau again??:blah: I said no not again it never left , i said who knows what it is . Since I have been doing this I don't lose weight really so what ever. I said, frankly at this point I don't trust the system much anymore until I see consistant results for myself. Not that it does not work I am just wondering if my body does not like it thats all.
So I cried on the way home wishing at that point I never even did this program and that I wasted alot of money to have nothing happen for weeks. the stupid "counslors" think they know my body better then I do and won't let me change back so here I sit on a plan I don't like and not losing weight but if i don't do what they are saying I lose my money.

I went today and got weighed and did lose but thats because I went to the bathroom 3 times after not going the past 2 days. So I lost but all I lost was 1lb of crap no pun intended!
I am sure it will not show any more lose this week . Ihave had the same weight or gained for weeks. I did all this "metabolism jump starting with takeoff and all the stuff they told me and it did nothing".
Part of me thinks this is a waste of time to tell you the truth, maybe I was only ment to lose 15 lbs and this is how I am suppose to be from now on .

Looks like alot of you are doing really well and that is so awesome, seems that one of the plans are really working great for you. keep up the good work!

Pastrey
08-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Steph,

Are you happy with your body, with the way you look? If so, then maybe you are done…if not, then don’t give up, it will come off. It may or may not be with LAWL. How many weeks do you have left? Do you have a guarantee with the weight loss weeks?

If you stick with it, I think that at some point the COD will have to switch you back or adjust something to make the program work for you. You paid for a program that works, not to be a guinea pig. I am not thrilled about LAWL rolling out this new program. I was told that they had tested the new plan and that they were rolling it out everywhere – there was no choice to the matter. At the same time, I have heard mixed reviews of its success.

If LAWL is not a fad diet, why are they changing it now then? What was wrong with the old program? It seems to me that the buzzword anymore is fibre – and that LAWL is trying to fit in with the going fad. I signed on for a program that supposedly dieticians and doctors had devised that was healthy and sound.

If the old plan worked, and was healthy as we were told when we joined, why are we not being given any choice in the matter?

If COD won’t help you, call the 1-800 number. Make yourself heard – you have paid for a program that works and you deserve to see results.

P.S. – I started Feel Full on Tuesday night. I was not told to do takeoff or express, and so far have shown a gain on my home scale. I go in for weigh in tomorrow. I told COD I will give program a week or two to let my body adjust, but if no results I will expect to be put back on the old program…my COD seems okay with this…

6digmans
08-09-2007, 02:43 PM
You are starting to sound how I started. Well I have to tell you I used to really enjoy the plan, it was working and a was fine with it.

I will just flip my lid if I gain at the end of the week! I will totally come unglued and they will not want me to leave there unhappy.

I have along way to go to get my weight off!

I will seriously start at the end of this week with taking out the 1 protein and 1 starch daily they will not know it but I will let them think I am still on the plan they gave me.

I raised the same question if its not broke why fix it?? "to get more fiber and so we feel more full then we did on the old plan" I think it plays into them trying to seel us the premade food that does not need to be in a refridgarator??! sounds terrible.

I think its a crock of crap I have to do what they say when it clearly is not working or I lose my money. I should tell her fine keep the money I will switch my plan to one that works , and I may just do that next time if we go round and round.

I hope your scale is wrong but if its not make sure you hold your ground if your not happy! What they told you then and what they say the next time are 2 different things. I am half tempted to make them put something in writing! guess I just don't trust them much anymore. It should of been optional to change if you were not doing well on the other plan.

Katy66
08-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Stephanie and Patsy - I hate the fact you guys are struggling with the new plans. My weight loss has slowed down as well but I'm thankful it has not stopped or that I've not gained or I'm sure I would be as discouraged as you. I think the programs work you just have to find your right spot and the problem seems to be the counselors are unwillingly to change anything. Probably because they don't have a clue what to change it to, they are just repeating what they've been trained to say. I haven't read all the posts so I'm not sure what you've tried with the COD but I would ask them to call the LAWL dietician with you in the room and put them on a speaker phone so you call all discuss the issues and how to fix them. Have them fax copies of your diary to the dietician so they can review to see what is good/bad that might be contributing to the gains. As far as the high fiber being a fad, I think the proven health benefits of a high fiber diet make it much more than a fad. Good Luck! We will be thinking of you

BeckyB759
08-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Steph,
I can totally relate to how you are feeling about this plan - I too have had a lot of upps and downs with it - I have been on it slightly over 4 weeks - and have only lost about 5 lbs....so i am 3 lbs off of the guarantee 2 lbs per week. I was right there with ya - leaving the office upset after i had gained weight while being POP - which is like a kick in the knee after being good for so long.. seems like i lose 1.5 then gain 1 back then lose then gain.. etc.. so i am going in the right direction its just taking a LOOOONG time... you will have to let me know what you end up doing about it - i have decided to cut a starch out too and i am thinking possibly a protein too... Right now i am on TO praying to lose the lb i gained over the past weekend because of it being TOM....anyway keep your chin up and my advice is to do what works for you.. afterall we are all individuals and one persons body reacts differently to different foods so maybe you have the right idea to adjusting the plan to you and what works for you. Keep me updated and let me know what you do and how it works for you - I will do the same!

6digmans
08-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Well the kicker is when I changed my plan to lessen it one starch and took out half a protein. within 2 days i dropped 1 lb they know this I told them I did it to see what would happen. they were speechless to say the least. that is when we got into the discussion on plan 2 or 3 and i wanted to try plan 2 for a bit and she said no even though I was were I could go either way and those were her exact words. i will see what happens friday or saturday and if the results are not what are reasonable I will make the switch , if they will not help me then I will just do it with out them.

dolphn545
08-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Steph - remember that YOU are the customer! I agree with what was said earlier, that if you're not satisfied with what the COD is telling you, call the 800 number. :goodluck: and keep us posted! :)

Pastrey
08-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Steph - I am trying to stay positive and am giving this an honest shot. I know how you feel. Positive thinking goes a long way, but it is hard to stay positive when you feel like you are being ignored. Let us know how things go at COD. I really am hoping that they start to listen and care, and work with you. One of the draws LAWL uses is the one-on-one personal weigh ins and counselling. We pay for that, and we should get that. We don't pay for an old record whining out a script from a book...

Katy - I am just starting the numbered plans, so really have to wait and see what I weigh next week (giving it at least a week, time for my body to adjust). I am weighing in today, but have decided to use next Wednesday's weigh in as a better gauge. I have only lost about 8 lbs in past three months, of which I have put 3 lbs back on. I follow plan to a T, but without a lot of success. I have tried switching foods, adding exercise, etc. Hoping today's weigh in isn't too brutal. I am scared of getting back into the 200's again with this new diet. If scale reads high 190's I think I will cry. I am prepared for it though as my scale at home read 198.8 this morning.

6digmans
08-10-2007, 02:23 PM
I am really to the point that I will tell them to call there dietican if there is a gain today.

amylou7777
08-11-2007, 03:18 AM
So how did it go today? Man! I am so scared to start this new plan. My counselors are still giving me the confused/tight lipped response when I ask when we start the "new" plan. They just changed the name to Pure weight loss last week.
I can't believe they aren't being more cooperative with you!

6digmans
08-11-2007, 09:08 AM
I actually never got there yesterday as planned, I had to take my 10ds to the doctor. He has strep throat and by the time I had got out of there and went and picked up his medicine it was almost 5pm and I had dinner guests coming around 6pm so that shot that in the rear. I am going bright and early today as you can see its 7am. I will post when I get back this afternoon, this is my grocery shopping day!

6digmans
08-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Went into COD today and the scale showed I lost 1lb since Wednesday. Well that is 2lbs this week then. I will be honest when i say I am still leary but I am feeling better about this new plan. 2 loses in 1 week has not happened to me since the new plan was taken in effect for me personally.

I hope you other girls start to show a lose if its been on hold lately, I can tell you its taken me 1 month to start to lose again. I start a new calendar book tommorow.

I will keep you all posted as well. they tried selling me some stuff today and I finally told them . If you guys would not be asking me all the time if I want all these things I would probably buy it. When the pressure is there I am instantly turned off. I said this only because the person that I am not fond of was there and she sold me some bars and she said just 1 box?? I said I will be in next week too, plus next week you are giving a discount so why buy more then I have to today?? SHe offered the discount to me but I said no because her tone was suggesting I was a cheapskate ( which I am not). I just don't like her much and don't buy from her unless I have to.

We are getting 5% discount on products in the store next week Mon-Wed. donate A back to school item and get 5% off, its not much but with there prices every little bit helps!

sparklegirl
08-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Steph and Patsy, Sorry to hear you are still struggling to get someone to listen to you with the new plan. I have been on the new plan for 3 freakin weeks and I have stayed exactly the same weight. Today my favorite counselor closed her door and told me that if I would substitute one of my lites -bar for a shake
I would lower my calorie intake by 100 calories a day. I said I already prepaid for the bars and I can't spend anymore $. She said "oh you can choose from any of the lites, soups, shakes, teas, etc. You don't just have to stick with the bars!" I was kind of a little pissed cause nobody ever told me that the shakes were an option....or the soups! I am going to try her suggestion and have one bar a day and one shake.

I am also a little frustrated with the new plan and not losing on it. Steph, I still think you are on the wrong one. Keep fighting!!!!

Anyhow, just had to vent.:p

6digmans
08-11-2007, 10:15 PM
I know I deep tdown stil think the same thing as far as being on the wrong one. SHe said why not do a take off? I said because I should not need to do that every 2 weeks! Ihad NEVER did any take off until last week other then when I started.

It seems really pointless to a extent I feel like I am talking to myself! I am glad I lost amother pound don't get me wrong but I still think they are wrong with the plan they have given me.

Does anyone have plan 2 so I can actually compare 2 and 3 ???
If so PM me please so I can do a real comparison.

I was beyond annoyed when they tried to sell me Take OFF, I said well when I am done on the program I SHOULD NOT have to worry about that type of thing. I am not going to live my life doing TO every couple weeks, thats just STUPID.

Keep me posted how it goes everyone?? It just seems sometimes liek your the only one who is struggling with the NEW plan makes me wonder whats wrong with me, ya know???

sparklegirl
08-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Steph,

PLAN 2 is:

2 1/2 protein
3 veggies
2 fruit
3 starch
2 dairy
2 fat
2 la lites

Hope that helps!

6digmans
08-12-2007, 08:23 AM
Thanks so much. I am going to try that this wek and see how much comes off for me! I bet I get back on track with my goal!

Pastrey
08-12-2007, 02:46 PM
I guess purple = plan 2. The counsellor who I sat with when they brought in the numbered plans refused to put me on plan 2 as she said I had been switched to purple too early. She was who I seen on Friday. She said that I was losing on purple (had stalled on red for three months), and that if I don't lose anything or gain by next Friday (one week) - they would put me on plan 2. I explained I was willing to give it a shot for a week, that maybe my body just had to adjust, but I was curious to see if it would work because plan 3 added 250 calories a day. So, five more days to go to see how this thing goes. My scale is showing slight increases everyday.

Noelle, I hope switching to the shakes helps you out. Nice to have that extra variety too.

Steph - glad to hear the scale moving in right direction for you. I agree that you shouldn't have to do takeoff every two weeks. Optional yes, but shouldn't have to in order to maintain weight loss. I am sure you mentioned it earlier in the post - but are you doing the lites? If you are doing the lites, why are you on plan 3? I am not doing lites and I am on plan 3, and am told close to the cutoff for plan 2...

Before switching were you on red or purple? I was told that purple was now plan 2... If you are doing lites, I would push them to call the dietician. Sorry if this was all answered before - I am on dial up and it takes so long to go back and read through posts...hoping to get high speed soon...

6digmans
08-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Can I just phone into the dietican myself?? I think its really nuts the way this is going to be honest. I have to admit while I have lost I have not always ate everything on the plan because I was so annoyed with them ignoring me as it seems they do.

I am on lites yes always was I was purple with lites and now plan 3 with lites .

I think I should just start out tommorow with plan 2 and go with it a screw what they are telling me if I can not call the dietican myself, I want one on one not me and the dietican and the "counslor". However I also don't want the dietican calling where I go , so they then act like total A$$ES to me either.

Well I will go on Tuesday and get weighed in and see whats up.

Is there a 800 # I can call for the dietican??

Repo girl
08-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Steph- Look at the phone # on the boxes of lites. You should be able to speak to the dietician yourself. Explain your frustration without trashing your center, and she will be able to help you. She will contact your center with whatever changes she wants you to make, but that should not anger your center.

Pastrey
08-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Steph, I am sorry to hear you are having such a rough time with the COD. While my COD hasn't been listening to me or been overly helpful over past few months, at least are still very pleasant to me. I dread the scale, but not speaking with the counsellors.

Do you only have the one center near to you? Perhaps a transfer would be in order. At the very least, try to avoid that counsellor. It sounds like she stresses you out more than helps you. Some of the clients at my center will specify which counsellor they would like their appointment/weigh in with.

Personally - I think it beneficial to deal with only one or two counsellors. Problem is when you see someone different each time, and their isn't a familiarity with your file, you kinda get lost in the shuffle. If you have a counsellor you like, stick with her. The other counsellor's noses should not be put out of joint. Mentallity is part of the weight loss battle. If you are stressed out and upset - your body is more likely to hold on the weight (at least has been my experience). As a client - your satisfaction should be first in their minds!!

If you call the dietician, let us know how it works out. My fingers are crossed for you!!

BeckyB759
08-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Hi all!!
Well i went in for my WI yesterday and spoke to the manager at my center about my plan. I was due for a 4 week review so it worked out good and didn't look like i was slamming anyone... anyway I just told her about my concerns that I have been gaining and losing the same 2 lbs for 2 weeks now - anyway she changed my plan a little bit - I was on the plan 3 with lites - now I am still on plan 3 however she wants me to do the drink mixes in water instead of my lites and then to stay away from the LAWL breakfast bars and also bananas.. SO we will see if this works - she said its possible that I am more sensitive to the complex sugars/carbs - and that could be why i am having a slow weight loss on this plan.. we shall see! I will give this a try but i am still leery at the 4 starches per day on my plan - i really think i can do without 1 of those. Is anyone else drinking the drink mixes? Anyone else having a slow loss on this plan? I am glad that the manager there reviewed my file as I was getting frusterated with the 2lb up and down... on a good note though i have lost a lot of inches - about 4.5 inches since i started 4 weeks ago - so that is a good thing!

6digmans
08-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Well here is the update for now anyhow!

I went in this morning and what a shock I gained back!:mad: I said , " She said what are we doing diffrently?" Have not spoke to this girl yet so I went easy on her. I said good question! :mad: I sid I have ate what I was told and done TO as told . she said how was TO I said I lost a whole .6 lbs! She said you hit a platuea I said< "DO NOT EVEN START WITH ME I said I have heard this same BS for a month now!" I said this is a crock, I have done what you all ask and it has not worked , I have used all these weeks that I have paid for and they are wasted! I said I was suppose to meet goal and get some money back and that will not happen due to this "plateua" you speak of.

She said I feel your fustration! I said well I am calm right now but if you knew what I was really thinking you would not be ready for it. I said, I am sick of everyone of you telling me I hit a stalling point and no one helping me end it! If I am stalling then lets solve the problem instead of having me leave her ticked off and unsuccessful.

Sh got the picture loud and clear I think!;) I am suppose to go back there in a little bit. with last months diary and this months they are going to fax copies of them to the dietican and call her and ask her what we need to do. Its about flipping time! She told me plan 2 is for people that are at 193lb range so me doing that plan would put my body into starvation mode. what ever!

I will let you know what happens when I get back!

Steph

6digmans
08-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Well I went in with my stuff for them to fax over to the dietican.

I signed in and they were oh she is back again, 2xs in one day.
she took my menus and made copies of the days she was suppose to and then said she did not have afax number! how in heaven name can you not have a fax number to the dietican! I said are you kidding me??? She laughed and said no we get faxes but we never send them to them. Good grief!

She stapped them together and then said they would MAIL THEM! I said WHAT?!?!? The manager said I will get the number and get it faxed.
I could not even believe my ears!

She said ok thanks! I said I better have not driven 20 miles here for you to make copies! I could of done that the next visit! I exspect more then what I have gotten so far for the extra trip I am making here.

She said , OH OK! So I head back with the woman that I just can not stand! She decided to read me this flier she got from headquarters! On brush our teeth after eatting and all this other stuff that had ZERO with breaking a platuea! i shook my head laughing at her, I could not help it! she said, "Maybe I should read this over rather then read it to you!" I said good idea. I said if brushing my teeth after everytime I put something in my mouth was going to lose me weight then I should of been brushing 50xs a day!

She said I have this sheet its for those on gold plan BUT I know they have it for every color when we used th colors! She could not find the purple plan platuea buster. I was again shaking my head she had a stack of papers and she sat there looking thru them all to try and find the sheet she needed. I said why not look at the gold one and figure it out off that, just adjust the amounts you get! She looked at me in shock with the look of what a clever idea! god help me!
So she tried telling me what the stall buster involved! I ended up summing it up for her!So she said to try taking out condimnets the next few days( like thats going to matter!) I hardly use any , anyhow! then it was add more variety to exercise i can see that so ok I am going to climb stairs too.
so then she tells me look in the book and the really high fiber foods use those things listed the next few days were required. i thought these guys are so taking guesses at everything. I said is this going to work?? she said she did not know! I said , Ok well how long do I need to do this plateau buster a day 2 days a week what? she again did not know. I said, OH my god ! she said when ever you break the cycle it can vary person to person. I agreed but thought they had a general idea.
She said to try something besides bars for my lites, so I bought the chocolate shake to see if that may help me too.

I just am amazed that it seems they know so very little and are just taking guesses at everything. I said well I am sick of wasting time ,money etc etc. I said I should be down 20lbs and I gained back what I lost on friday. Enough is enough! I said I will be back in a couple days and see what happens!

I would this the dietican would of reviewed my menus and have some ideas by then if what they told me does not work. if they have not spoke to her I will stay there while they call

Pastrey
08-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Steph - someone mentioned having them call the dietician with you in the room - make them do that. I have been through this BS, and honestly, it is BS!

When I got upset they told me to mark down the times that I eat. Okay, did that. They took my diary and told me they had faxed it to the dietician and would call me later that day or the next with the dietician's advice. A week later, they told me the dietician suggested breaking my food down more and eating more often throughout the day (so instead of the 5-6 times I was eating before, now I am eating about 9 - 10 times throughout the day).

I am not convinced the dietician was ever called or faxed. I have a feeling they have these answers on a written Q&A sheet. Everytime they told me they called the dietician, I was told the same thing (several times I have been told to break down my portions more and eat more often).

Maybe being in the states will help, maybe they will actually talk to a dietician, but again, I have my doubts!! When I got upset at COD almost two months ago (COD terms it my "meltdown"), one counsellor told another that the dietician had been called several times on my behalf and the dietician had said that obviously I am not eating on plan. Prior to this point i had never asked the dietician to be called (because I didn't know that was a possibility), and I had never been told one had been called on my behalf. I think they use the dietician card as an out when they need it.

Has anyone here ever actually talked to the dietician??

Repo girl
08-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Steph- Maybe it is time to try some visualization technices. Do you have any pictures of yourself at your goal weight? If so, put them on the fridge, bathroom mirror, etc, and look at them often. Tell yourself often that you are thrilled to be nearing your goal weight, and that every bite you take is getting you closer there. Believe it or not, your level of frustration may very well be slowing you down, and maybe even be making you gain. I understand that this experience has left you disappointed and angry. Try, however, to turn it around into determination and a good attitude. You WILL start getting to your goal weight! Have a great day!!!

Repo girl
08-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Patsy- Yes, there are several here who called the 800 number on the lites and talked to the dietician themselves.

6digmans
08-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Well I am going to call the dietican to confirm they recieved my menus and then if not I will fax them myself and speak to her.

they are just grasping at straws and soon i will grasp at there throat!

Pastrey
08-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Could someone pass along the number for the dietician to me? I do not do lites, so can't get the number from the box. If I don't get resolution on Friday, I would love to call the dietician myself...

aguerin
08-15-2007, 01:55 PM
The number on the box to Customer Service is: 877/ LA-HELP-1

Pastrey
08-16-2007, 08:55 AM
I am shocked and amazed. I went to weigh in last night, and I my weight was up (that didn't surprise me), but they offered to switch me to plan 2 - and told me that if that didn't work they would put me on purple like I was on before.

Not sure what the change of heart was, but I am glad!! Fingers are crossed this works...

Angie
08-16-2007, 04:33 PM
I'm trying the new plan, even though they don't roll it out here until the end of the month. I've lost 1lbs in the last two days, so we'll see how I do. It is tough to get in all the food, but it's just more important for me to plan ahead now I guess. It's wonderful to find I have a starch left at the end of the day.

tnmanz
08-16-2007, 05:19 PM
I did horrible on plan 3 for all 4 weeks...up and down, up and down, so finally...after my 4 weeks were up, the lady said she would switch me back to the purple plan. I'm down 1 pound. Going back to purple may be just what you need.
Good luck!!

Pastrey
08-17-2007, 09:17 AM
My fingers are crossed. I am getting married in 9 months. I had originally planned on ordering my dress this month, but seeing as I am still a lot bigger than I want to be, I will keep putting it off. I don't want to have my dress taken in 9 sizes or something you know - afraid it would ruin the look of the dress...

Tonight I will go to COD and weigh in. Hopes are that I am starting to lose weight I put on from being on plan 3. Might be measurement day as well...

I saw on another post that Steph was moved to plan 2. Steph, hoping plan 2 is the answer for you!!