General chatter - Is anyone watching ROCK OF LOVE with Bret Michaels?

NightengaleShane
07-25-2007, 09:36 AM
I absolutely love this show; it's my new reality TV obsession. I've been a huge fan of Bret Michaels and Poison since I was a kid, and have met Bret twice. If I was single, thinner, and knew about the casting, I would have definitely auditioned.

I'm a huge fan of most of VH1's dating shows, like I watched Flavor of Love semi religiously, and I Love New York even more so, and while it might be trite that they're doing a rock (cough, white people? :lol:) version of the show, Bret's awesome enough and the girls are skanky enough that it's kept my attention. :D

Any other fans? Let's talk about Rock of Love!

dcapulet
07-25-2007, 11:30 AM
What's up with that one drunk girl who looks like Fergie?

Rhighlan86
07-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Hi, my boyfriend had me watch this show last night and I got hooked! There were two episodes in a row and I loved them. I couldn't stand most of their other shows like this one (Flavor of Love, I still watched them though...it's like a train wreck) but this one was soo good. It's was hilarious. I'm already betting him on who is going to win!

Slashnl
07-25-2007, 11:58 AM
I watched one episode, but probably won't watch another one. (I have kids that might see it and there is just way too much to explain about that one!) I hate admitting that I find it so entertaining, because the women are so skanky. It is terribly degrading to see them fight so hard over one man! But, that's not to say that it isn't interesting to watch.

And then there is the mid life crisis part of me that thinks that it is sad that Bret looks so old and has to take this route to find a woman.

But... it is entertaining!

NightengaleShane
07-25-2007, 12:46 PM
LOL, the drunk Fergie lady... Tiffany? Bret eliminated her in the most recent episode. Too bad. She would have continued to make great TV. ;)

So, Rhighlan86, who do YOU think is going to win? I think there's a good chance that Rodeo will, though I read an interview with Bret that he started to really fall for one of the women, then he took her on an elaborate date, and she told him, "This isn't working out." I wonder which one that will be?

Slashnl - LOL... yeah, Rock of Love is DEFINITELY not for children. ;) It IS super entertaining, though. As for Bret... I actually think he looks pretty good for his age. He's 44 and much less washed up than most of the 80's rockers are - look at Axl Rose, Sebastian Bach, Vince Neil, and Jani Lane... THEN, look at Bret. The only 80's rock star who has held up even better is Jon Bon Jovi, and he's married. ;) Besides... better to fight over Bret Michaels than Flavor Flave, no?

Rhighlan86
07-25-2007, 01:02 PM
I am hoping that Rodeo wins. She is on his level at least i think so. He said she has a hot body so he likes that shes like a bodybuilder, shes fun for him, and she also has a kid so he knows that she could be a good mom. I think she would be perfect. He said he doesn't want to introduce his daughters to anyone until hes sure and I honestly think that some of them really wouldn't be good for a longtime commitment. But she seems like she would be fine if he went and did his thing and would be there when he came back. So I'm rooting for her!! :)

NightengaleShane
07-25-2007, 01:13 PM
I hope Rodeo wins, too... she seems like she would be a good match for him, plus she's not a skank like most of the girls on the show are made out to be. He's seemed to have a special connection with her from the get-go, and it's obvious that she's really into him as well.

browneyedgirl77
07-25-2007, 01:42 PM
I wanted to watch that. When does it air?

NightengaleShane
07-25-2007, 01:44 PM
browneyedgirl77: Rock of Love airs on Sunday at 9 PM EST. They also play re-runs throughout the week. :)

dcapulet
07-25-2007, 04:05 PM
LOL, the drunk Fergie lady... Tiffany? Bret eliminated her in the most recent episode. Too bad. She would have continued to make great TV. ;)

So, Rhighlan86, who do YOU think is going to win? I think there's a good chance that Rodeo will, though I read an interview with Bret that he started to really fall for one of the women, then he took her on an elaborate date, and she told him, "This isn't working out." I wonder which one that will be?

Slashnl - LOL... yeah, Rock of Love is DEFINITELY not for children. ;) It IS super entertaining, though. As for Bret... I actually think he looks pretty good for his age. He's 44 and much less washed up than most of the 80's rockers are - look at Axl Rose, Sebastian Bach, Vince Neil, and Jani Lane... THEN, look at Bret. The only 80's rock star who has held up even better is Jon Bon Jovi, and he's married. ;) Besides... better to fight over Bret Michaels than Flavor Flave, no?

dang it! i miss one episode....

I would totally fight for Brett. No so much for Flave... Although I would love to catch NY on the street.:devil:

NightengaleShane
07-25-2007, 04:56 PM
I'd love to catch NY on the street too, though I'd hate to run into Sister Patterson in a dark alley :devil:

rubberlegs
07-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Bret has always insisted that his girlfriends remain faithful while he gets whatever on the side. I have a hard time believing that he's looking to change. :(

NightengaleShane
07-26-2007, 07:58 AM
rubberlegs, I read that same thing you said on metalsludge.tv :( you're right, he probably ISN'T looking to change, though if that's the case, why is he even bothering to look for "love" in the first place? In my opinion, it takes a special kind of woman to put up with that... A SUCKER! But maybe now that he's older and his life has slowed down a little bit, he might be looking to settle. Even though he looks good for his age, he's no longer a hot new rock star with top 40 hits, you know?

4myloves
07-26-2007, 02:01 PM
you're right, he probably ISN'T looking to change, though if that's the case, why is he even bothering to look for "love" in the first place?

He's not looking for love, he's looking for a mid-life career boost. :rolleyes:

krissyg
07-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Love that show! I did watch Flava of Love as well, and I REALLY don't understand why all those ladies wanted him so bad. Enough ladies for TWO seasons!
I think they should show more than one episode a week. I'm totally addicted.

NightengaleShane
07-27-2007, 08:55 AM
4myself: yeah, that's why I put "love" in quotations - he even said that he was also doing Rock of Love for self-promotion and to reach out to a younger audience with his music.

Maybe I'm an exception, but I'm a gen-Y kid and have always known who Poison were... they were one of the few 80's rock bands that stood out and had more than one or two hits. :)

krissyg- I didn't understand how so many people could want Flavor Flav either, considering he's rather physically unfortunate. He actually seemed like a nice guy, though, in an eccentric sort of way. Every time I saw him making out, I had to change the channel, though. :p

Lekhika
07-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Jumping in here!!

I acutally adore Sebastian Bach and he's moved on to broadway and made a name for himself....I adore Brett too...I just wish he'd own up to his balding and stop wearing those dumb *** do rags...he looks like an idiot.

browneyedgirl77
07-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Every time I saw him making out, I had to change the channel, though. :p

DITTO!!!!! lol, it would make my stomach turn.

Steelslady
07-27-2007, 04:58 PM
I adore Bret Michaels and appreciate the time and money he donates towards Juvenile Diabetes. One of these days, when I get down to a decent weight, I'm going to order his T shirt that he promotes to help raise money for kids who have Juvenile Diabetes so that they can go to summer camp for a week.

Here's the shirt if anyone is interested in checking it out:

http://www.bretmichaels.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=23245

NightengaleShane
07-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Lekhika - LMAO... actually, I don't think he's totally BALD, but his hair is definitely thinning... age often does that to guys ;) See, if he just CUT OFF his hair, he wouldn't have to do that. Lots of guys have widow's peaks and are still sexy... seriously, look at Christopher Meloni (Elliot Stabler, Law & Order SVU).

And Sebastian Bach has an amazing voice. Much more so than Bret Michaels, really, though I think Bret's looking better.

Steelslady - I actually have that t-shirt and also think how much he's done for juvenile diabetes is awesome. I imagine diabetes camp is a great thing for kids with diabetes to not feel so alone. After all, most of 'em are usually under the opinion that diabetes is just something old and fat people get until they get it themselves! ;)

YAY, there's a new episode tomorrow! I'm so excited!

NightengaleShane
07-29-2007, 04:53 PM
SPOILER: I heard that Dallas gets eliminated, as does Kristia. Dallas and Lacey get into it, and Kristia apparently... has a flat ***. :lol:

4myloves
07-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Ya know,

That Lacey is a grade-a byotch. I think if I had been in Dallas's shoes I'd've said to h-e-double hockey sticks with it and beat her ever-loving butt.

NightengaleShane
07-31-2007, 08:34 AM
LOL, Lacey IS a byotch for sure! One of my friends says Bret must be racist, and he found a chance to eliminate Dallas and took it. I'm not sure if that's true or not... I'm pretty sure he's not racist, but he might not like black girls. I don't think that makes him racist; it's just a preference.

I think Lacey deserved to go just as much as Dallas did, though Lacey will make better TV and Dallas just seems to be boring... she was fading into the background just like Kristia, who got eliminated, too.

4myloves
08-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Actually, I don't generally see a lot of black people at Poison concerts (I've only been to 3, so I could be totally WAY off!!!)

Maybe he just didn't feel he'd have anything in common with her---plus Rikki Rocket is way into PETA.

NightengaleShane
08-01-2007, 12:33 PM
I've been to 3 Poison concerts as well, and I've seen maybe... ONE black person per TWO concerts ;) I've seen lots of 30 and 40-something white women wearing spandex like the 80's never faded, instead. :lol: I have seen younger people as well, though, I didn't feel out of place or anything,but I sure did find those eighties ladies amusing.

Dallas didn't seem like she wanted to be there, anyway. She never did anything to get Bret's attention and had no one on one time with him. Honestly, I don't even blame her for not giving him a hug or anything... BUT it WOULD have been the friendly, polite thing to do. The thing is, Bret said it was classless. That made me laugh a little bit... I mean, don't get me wrong, I find him endearing and I love Poison, but I don't think Bret would know what class was if it bit him in the ***...

*AHEM* he DOES have more class than Flavor Flave, though! ;)

UP FOR DEBATE:
Do you think Bret still has his 6 pack? My answer is no, because if he did, he'd probably be parading around shirtless. He usually wears loose-fitting shirts and that one time when he wore something tight, it looked like he was growing a little belly.

I still think he has a nice bod, anyway. The little belly can be overlooked.

4myloves
08-01-2007, 01:17 PM
UP FOR DEBATE:
Do you think Bret still has his 6 pack? My answer is no, because if he did, he'd probably be parading around shirtless. He usually wears loose-fitting shirts and that one time when he wore something tight, it looked like he was growing a little belly.

Hmmmmm...... Good question. I think probably yes. I think the show, at this point, is more about exploiting the, um, assets of the women.

I'll bet we find out before long :) :drool:

NightengaleShane
08-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Hmmmmm...... Good question. I think probably yes. I think the show, at this point, is more about exploiting the, um, assets of the women.

I'll bet we find out before long :) :drool:

:drool: :drool: :drool: is the proper response...

phantastica
08-02-2007, 09:47 AM
I just wish he'd own up to his balding and stop wearing those dumb *** do rags...he looks like an idiot.

HA! My thoughts, exactly!

I think he's a fairly attractive - albeit fair - man, but that's not enough to warrant a show, IMO. I didn't know he works a lot for juvenile diabetes; that's good, it makes him one less level of shallow.

I also don't get why Scott Baio thinks he needs a show, too. He lost his cuteness, like, 20 years ago.

NightengaleShane
08-02-2007, 02:45 PM
OH, Bret's hair... did anyone see Episode 2? The phone sex one? He walked out in some horrid PJ's and with no hat or bandana. His hair looked a mess - very much thinning, though not bald. I think he just needs to cut off his hair. He looks great with no hair, anyway... I saw him in that A Letter From Death Row movie.

Scott Baio's show is very scripted, but I don't think Scott is that bad looking. He's aged alright... he's not ugly, but I think Bret is definitely hotter. Scott seems to be more of a jerk than Bret, too, but I like his show anyway and always make a point of watching it. Sure, it may be scripted, but it's kind of funny.

MaNdA22
08-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Lol I caught the phone sex episode you're right the hair was a mess. Scott Baio seems like a jerk just watched his show few minutes ago. Oh well gotta love reality tv.

aymster
08-02-2007, 05:45 PM
yeah, I'm gonna jump in here too!

I have been loving all the VH1 reality shows as well. This one with Bret is hilarious! He's actually quite funny!

Not sure what possessed him to do this show, but it sure makes for a fun Sunday! I kinda like Rodeo, but she may have a little screw loose too. It'll be interesting to see who gets the boot this week. I was watching the outtakes on VH1's website and I just have to shake my head... gotta love reality TV! :D

Not sure why Scott Baio needs a TV show, but like a train wreck, I have to look! Seems like he should finally chuck that leech of a friend and hang around people like Henry Winkler...

NightengaleShane
08-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Bret is hilarious, I agree! He's an awesome guy, actually... I've met him once and hope to meet him again!

I like(d) Rodeo but I do believe she might have some problems. She's the type of person who I would really like at first, then get annoyed at her "I'm so great + let me share all my sob stories with you!" ways... but then, she'd do such awesome things like man handlin' beyatches and I'd wonder how I could have possibly doubted her coolness in the first place. I think Rodeo and Bret could be good for each other, though.

Brandi M would be good for him, as well. And I really like Sam, but I have a feeling that all the trust issues will get her booted at some point. If they don't, Bret will probably break her heart.:(

aymster
08-25-2007, 09:30 AM
I agree. I liked Rodeo at first, but then when I saw a few more episodes, she's got a screw loose! But I guess it's paved with good intentions and they do have some chemistry, but I'm not convinced any of those girls is a perfect match.

I like Same as well. They'd be good together except she's mildly jealous and doesn't drink with him which seems to be a hurdle with him (even though he shouldn't drink since he's diabetic!). But she has morals and I'm rooting for her in a way.

Ok, if anyone reads Oxygen magazine, Rodeo is in an ad for a diet pill. How sad. She's in one of the first few adds from the beginning. Her "real?" name is Cindi. I wonder when that ad was shot: before or after her appearance on Rock of Love.... :?: :mad:

4myloves
08-27-2007, 09:09 AM
My guess would be after.

sfj
08-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Which issue?

Blueyedblond
08-27-2007, 05:33 PM
hmmmm - Bret Michaels = yummy. ;)
Yet another thing NightengaleShane have in common - we like Bret!

sockmonkey70
08-27-2007, 05:37 PM
I heart this show! I HATE LACIE!!!! That is all LOL.

veggielover
08-27-2007, 07:59 PM
I really don't like that red haired girl (the brat that keeps on talking about eliminating everyone else), but I adore Brandi (the pink haired blonde). Bret IS funny though. I try my best not to watch it (I think my mom will totally yell at me for it).

Lafayette
08-27-2007, 08:29 PM
I considered Flavor of Love a highly entertaining sociology class. How else would someone as pale as I am know that grills are not for cooking or protecting the radiator in a car?!?

I just watched the episode with the final six girls and quickly came to the conclusion that Rock of Love has the same draw as a county fair... you know both the bands and the rides were much more exciting when you were younger/shorter... but you know all the words to the songs and food fried in a questionably hygenic trailer is a once a year American rite of passage/requirement... and the people? They always make you wonder where the he// they came from and whether they actually live in your neighborhood... then again, I guess I'm right there with 'em! Woo Hoo!

The one Poison concert I went to a few years ago was a blast... it was as if the entire audience sheepishly acknowledged that it was lame and let it all out anyway. I'd recognize someone in the audience and instinctively duck before realizing we were BOTH busted ;) I've never known that many people in the audience at the symphony!

I think Jes is pretty cool... I'm cheering for her.

NightengaleShane
08-28-2007, 08:27 AM
LOL@ Lafayette and the Poison concert... I LOVE POISON! and I am SHAMELESS about it! Poison rocks and I've met Bret and he's a super nice guy! Plus he's still looking pretty hot! Poison puts on a great live show.

As for the girls, I like Brandi and Jes best for Bret. Sam is such a sweet girl and seems like a dork (in the best way possible), but I don't know if her and Bret would work out considering she always wants to leave and gets jealous easily. Lacey and Heather both grind my nerves, but in the way that I love to hate them. It would be hilarious if they were the final two and got to compete against each other!

aymster - two things: 1) that Rodeo diet pill ad was probably after. And yup, her real name is Cindy Steedle. She has a myspace page and everything: http://www.myspace.com/cindyrodeo - she apparently is trying to start her own sausage company and her own charity/foundation. She has a lot of amazing qualities, actually... and she said on this interview that the reason she is so emotional is because she has been through so much... but all that breaking down wasn't necessary! ;) Have you noticed that Bret seems to like diagnosing people with mental illnesses, though? First he said Rodeo had a panic attack, then said Sam was bipolar... I see a trend... :lol:

2) diabetics actually can drink... what alcohol does to a diabetic is the whole... spike and crash bit - as in, high blood sugars initially because of the sugar/carbs in the drink followed by low because of the alcohol - if you're diabetic and just conscious of what your blood sugars are while drinking, then it's no worse than for a non diabetic, really... I don't know health conscious Bret is because they don't really show him checking his blood sugar or taking insulin or anything like that on his show...but I'm assuming that since he is still reasonably healthy at 44 years old, he must be doing *something* right ;)

aymster
08-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Oh, I'm aware diabetics can drink (since I have many in my family :dizzy: ) but when you live the life of a 'rock star', it probably isn't in moderation... :lol: And I just had to wonder about the time they all had water instead of beer and he blamed it on his liver... but yeah, he probably has a nutritionist watching all that.

The issue is the latest Oxygen mag, Sept. Issue, I believe. I just have to shake my head, ya know? I know the mags are put together at least a month in advance and the show was probably shot in the winter or spring, so it was probably after. I just wondered if it was an older ad and they put it in after this show aired...

Funny, as I catch up with the shows, I too like Jes and Brandi M. HA! But yeah, that fake-red headed bee-yotch Lacie has to go. She's evil!

That's an interesting myspace page. I still don't get it: :?: It just makes me wonder why she was really on the show...

dcapulet
08-28-2007, 09:12 AM
MAKE HIM GET RID OF LACEY! (please...):)

NightengaleShane
08-28-2007, 09:14 AM
I think Rodeo was on the show halfway for Bret and halfway for her own publicity and self-promotion. On VSPOT, there were videos called "Rodeo's Empire" where she blabbed about herself ALL THE TIME! She never let Bret or anyone else get a word in edgewise with her self promotion... but then she said her and Bret had a connection... I believe they did, and I've also heard they stayed friends (she's been spotted at Poison concerts and been given some kind of special treatment!)

Oh, I'm sure Bret's drinking is not in moderation :p I laughed when they toasted with water... then said, "aww, poor Bret!" I kind of felt bad for him :lol: - I believe he said in People magazine that he knows drinking as much as he does isn't the best thing for his diabetes, but he just doesn't care. What a great diabetic role model huh? ;) -and yes, he really does try to be a rode model for people with diabetes... he's said so in countless interviews...

wurdnerd
08-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Mmmkay, I'll reluctantly confess to watching this hot mess.

I remember seeing Bret on some fitness show a few years back and he looked really good. Unfortunately, he seems to have let himself go a bit since then. Plus, the whole mystery as to what's under his everpresent hat/headband is driving me nuts. He really should unveil so the groupie-chicks will know what they're signing up for.

Can't say I care for any of the chicks since they're all in it for the attention and exposure. And Bret comes across as one horny guy. Seems EVERYTHING is "kind of a turn on" for him.

Lacey is a total psycho, but won't get kicked off because she is ratings gold. It really bugs when she tattles all kinds of misinformation to Bret and he swallows it hook, line and sinker. Is the man really that dense? Or, just thinking with the wrong head. :yes: ;)

NightengaleShane
08-28-2007, 02:03 PM
LOL yup, everything DOES turn Bret on! Of course he's a horndog... he's a rockstar and allowed to be. :p

I never saw Bret on any fitness show, though he WAS on VH1's Rock Bodies once and looked GREAT with his 6 pack abs. He has DEFINITELY let himself go since then, though - now he has a little bit of a gut instead, but in my opinion, he still looks good anyway! He says he is really into fitness stuff and works hard to keep the body up... but now I'm wondering WHAT body? :p j/k, it's not that bad, he still has nice arms and he isn't fat by ordinary person standards.

Lafayette
09-04-2007, 12:48 AM
I just watched the episode where the five remaining women are interrogated by three "superfans." Oh, my God, I can't beleive I admitted that, too... concert, anyone?

The promos for the next episode show Samantha getting trashed and Lacey going totally psycho before drunkenly collapsing on a table full of glassware and beer bottles. Yup, I'll be tuning in!

I still like Jes but I think she may be too intelligent and sane to date Bret... I truly appreciate her commentary, though!

I am so glad I don't have to date on TV! There are perks to being relatively unknown! Plus, think what I save on eyeliner ;)

As for his body... I was checking it out tonight and he looks more chunky than muscular. Sigh... gravity prevails again!!!

4myloves
09-04-2007, 09:27 AM
The promos for the next episode show Samantha getting trashed and Lacey going totally psycho before drunkenly collapsing on a table full of glassware and beer bottles. Yup, I'll be tuning in!

Brandie M

NightengaleShane
09-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Yeah, I was thinking, "Samantha? Huh? She's gone..."

It looks like Brandi projectile vomits, tells Bret she loves him, and then later takes it back with a dramatic, "I don't know if Bret Michaels is the one for me..."

Grade A TV trash... I can't WAIT for next week!! :D

Have ya'll noticed how Bret looks more overweight in some episodes than he does in others? Like, in some, his beer gut is more prominent, but in others, it is hardly noticeable. I also read on http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com that Bret's chin is a product of a botched facial operation - some people actually opt to get a little fat implanted into their face to make them look younger (older people's faces do tend to thin out, whereas younger people's faces are naturally more cherubic). Apparently, Bret did this, only his result did not come out as intended, leaving him with a double chin.

1fatchica02
09-04-2007, 11:17 AM
OMG Sam went home I liked her. Although over emotional she was sweet. But on the other hand I dont think she would have liked his lifestyle. I did get to watch it and i noticed it wasnt on my tivo grrr. I had company at the house on sunday so i didnt get a chance to see it. I hope theres a rerun like usual. I definatly wont miss next week sounds interesting.

I think im a reality tv junky because after watching something like that my like doesnt seem so bad. lol

Lafayette
09-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Sorry about the name mistake... maybe he should have given them nicknames like they did on Flavor of Love... how many versions of "psycho" are there?

I checked out the plastic surgery website... what's that little note at the bottom about how he lives with his wife and kids in AZ? Is that true?

NightengaleShane
09-04-2007, 12:22 PM
Sorry about the name mistake... maybe he should have given them nicknames like they did on Flavor of Love... how many versions of "psycho" are there?

I checked out the plastic surgery website... what's that little note at the bottom about how he lives with his wife and kids in AZ? Is that true?

That is misinformation. He lives in LA and his girls do live with him for part of the time. Bret Michaels and Kristy Gibson are not technically married, though they were together for something like 8 years on and off. They apparently officially called it quits last summer. Bret was also approached to do Rock of Love several times before, but declined because he was still with Kristy. While his show is obviously staged and pretty insincere, he is, as far as I know, currently single. He says he "found something" but I guess time will tell what he found exactly.

PS:
Syko
Siko
Seiko
Pseiko
Psyko
Psycko
Sycho
Sicho
Psicho
Seiyko
Pseiyko
Siyko
Psiyko
Siiko
Psiiko
Siicho
Psiicho
Psiycho
Siycho
Syyko
Psyyko
Psyicho
Syicho

And I bet there's more, but all those "psycho" combinations are making me dizzy... ;)

Lafayette
09-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Oh, my... my personal favorite is "Seiyko..." very Japanese!

I can't believe how easy it is to get caught up in reality tv drama. I agree, it makes my life seem much more sane and balanced after I've watched these shows!

dcapulet
09-04-2007, 05:51 PM
i think it's going to come down to Lacey and Jess. It fits in with them being rivals since the swimming pool incident.

NightengaleShane
09-05-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm glad you liked my psycho variations, Lafayette!

It's really been eating me away to know who Bret says "have a nice life" to on the next episode. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope it is Lacey but I have a feeling it will be Brandi.

I don't know if Lacey and Jes will be the last two... it could be HEATHER and Jes, instead, or HEATHER and LACEY (I would HATE that but love it all at once)... I heard there were Lacey TV show rumors now, too... maybe there's going to be an "I Love Lacey" or something :p

sfj
09-05-2007, 10:25 AM
I think the Heather and Lacey alliance is over. On the preview for next weeks episode Heather is seen saying "she is a slop drunk" after they show Lacey falling on the bar. I cant stand either one. I like Jes. And I love that line "cracked out cat". I laugh everytime I hear it.

NightengaleShane
09-05-2007, 10:29 AM
I like Jes, too. And I knew Heather and Lacey weren't friends, they just talked sometimes. Lacey is out to sabatoge everyone. I also like Brandi, but I have a feeling she's going to go this week. It makes me sad.

I'm also somewhat sure that Jes and Bret are not together, if she WAS the winner. She's with a guy named Quade now and on her myspace describes herself to be "The anchor of a very lucky boat" where she posts gushy cute messages on Quade's space.

Lafayette
09-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Oh, God! Like New York wasn't annoying enough! Lacey?!?

I can't put my finger on Heather. She seems to utterly lack class and sophistication but I can't tell if that gives her an advantage or not. Also, her eye make-up is surprisingly unflattering (and messy) for a woman whose profession is looking good.

Did you notice that Samantha's eye make-up was amazing when she was sent home? The silver was much better than her usual hot pinks and turquoises. Makes me wonder... maybe Jes pulled her aside? Maybe she wasn't quite that "out there?"

NightengaleShane
09-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Yeah, Sam looked great! You are right, Heather is a trashy, skanky trailer ho! There are a ton of those here in Florida, only they live in trailer parks, not Vegas or public television. ;) She is ok, though... she doesn't bother me the way Lacey does. Lacey irks me to no end and she really does seem posessed.

I think Heather and Bret would actually be a good match for each other. I don't know if you see it, but I think they are really a lot alike! Haha!

I actually don't mind New York and enjoyed watching I Love New York. I Love Lacey could have potential if pulled off properly... :lol: - New York was better, though... she actually was funny and almost likable. Lacey? Nahhh. Evil but mostly trite.

sfj
09-05-2007, 10:41 AM
I really think Lacey is there for her own "music"career. And I think Heather looks 100 times better when her hair is straight and not all curled and crunchy looking.

NightengaleShane
09-05-2007, 11:11 AM
I really think Lacey is there for her own "music"career. And I think Heather looks 100 times better when her hair is straight and not all curled and crunchy looking.

Haha, yeah, she just looks like a crusty bang then, with that HUGE hair and those SKANKY dresses.

I don't think she is bad looking, honestly, she's actually pretty but she's VERY over the top.

Shay
09-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Okay let me put my two cents in..I am black and I did like Poison back in the day. GNR, Motley Crue, Def Leppard, etc. I went through a rock phase and dating guys with long hair. I went to the Monsters of Rock and was like the only chocolate person there.

Anyways....I LOVE this show. I figure its going to turn out just like Flavor of Love. They will keep Lacey until the end because it makes good tv. He won't pick her. She will show her *** and get her own show. I think he will pick Jess but should probably pick Heather. Rodeo--issues, issues, issues! All of that crying was getting on my nerves.

Lafayette
09-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Wow! Heather is just odd to me. I just want to pull her aside, call her "Sweetie" and fix her eyeliner. And, you're right- she and Bret do look a little alike. Maybe they use the same tanning bed.

I'm not surpised to hear you were at Monsters of Rock, likenoother, but I am a little surprised you were the only person of color. The concert I went to here in Milwaukee about three years ago was like some crazy UN-inspired cross-section of the population. Granted, this isn't the most diverse location on the planet but it sure seemed like it was if you looked at the concert crowd.

Lacey might make good TV but I think she's truly unstable. Oh, wait! I know plenty of guys who would date her. My best friend considers thin to be his number one quality in a girl. As a result, he's dated some D-U-M-B, crazy women with some serious (and untreated) eating disorders. Since I requested that he add as his number two criteria the ability to complete a sentence, he hasn't dated anyone. I wonder if he'd want to be on TV....

c_laura
09-06-2007, 01:44 PM
I gotta say I think the girls on the show are flat out crazy. Not to mention the fact that Bret seems so inane....

"will you stay and rock my world..." makes me want to tear my hair out. Of course I'm voting for Jes to win and Lacey to start a Flavor of Love-esque catfight.

NightengaleShane
09-06-2007, 01:58 PM
LOL c_laura, VH1 told Bret to say that line, just like New York always asked, "Do you have love for New York?"

likenoother - that is rather interesting that you were the only person of color at Monsters of Rock! Craziness. It's funny how many white people are into rap and hip hop, yet so few black people are really into rock music (like, enough to go to Monsters of Rock :lol:).

Lafayette - THIN is his only requirement? That's insane. I guess a lot of guys have that requirement, though... but it's very ridiculous. Sadly, a lot of guys really DON'T seem to CARE about personality. They halfassed listen and stare at girls' bodies - at least, guys would do that to me sometimes, though I also heard, "WOW! You're hot AND you have a good personality! You're like the female ME!" (I'm a little bit tomboyish)

But I digress - some guys could date a girl with an IQ of 30 as long as she had whatever they call a hot body.

And you are right about Heather, she's just an over the top mess.

anajjana
09-06-2007, 02:05 PM
OMG!!!

I'm so upset I just found this thread!!! I luv ROCK OF LOVE!!! My sis and I always get on the phone on Sunday's at 11am and talk about what just happened for the next hour!!!!

I personally think that Jes or Heather should win. I like Jes, but Heather seems like she would fit into Bret's lifestyle more. I was terribly disappointed when he sent Rodeo home!!!

Lacey sucks and everything about her seems fake! For one, I've never seem her entire face she always has her hair down, she never pulls it back, which means she's hiding something!!!

Brandi is cool and I pretty much feel the same about her as I do Heather, but Heather is older and I do strongly believe in dating as close to your age as possible.

I love this show!!! I watched Flav and New York also, loved both of them. I have not really decided if I'm going to watch Flav 3 because I'm still upset about what he did to Deelishis (I think that's how he spelled it).

I am in love with REALITY TV!!!

NightengaleShane
09-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Yeah, jusj, me too - total reality TV junkie, I love Rock of Love, was just as addicted to FOL 1 & 2, religiously watched ILNY and am excited about season 2, and as long as VH1 makes these shows, I'll watch... embarrassing to say, but if they make an "I Love Lacey" I will probably watch that, too! :o :o :o :o

I heard that Jes blurted out on a radio show that she was one of the remaining two contestants, so maybe she ends up winning. As for Rodeo, she has said several times since the show aired that she is going to the reunion and "get (her) man back!!"

I heard a really weird rumor that Bret and LACEY were ALREADY romantically involved and that all the girls cast on the show previously knew each other. According to this rumor, Bret told Lacey to be as dramatic as possible to boost ratings and help both their careers. I'm not sure how true this is... I'm having a difficult time believing it, though I know Bret and Lacey DO still keep in touch and are still friends.

Lafayette
09-06-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm scared, Jana! I'm starting to love reality TV, too. You're right- Heather must be the closest to his age.

Yeah, NightengaleShane, thin is his only requirement. He was overweight his entire childhood and through college. He dropped the weight after a nasty break-up with a 19 year old he was dating while in his late 20's. After I got him stinking drunk for a few days, he stopped eating and became an exercise nut. He's always been very aware of what everyone else thinks and completely caught up in appearances. Anyway, he is now very thin and fit (although his diet worries me) and likes very thin girls with virtually no chests. I think he's just caught up in the whole "You wouldn't look at me before and now I can get you" thing. Needless to say, every girl he's dated since then has been more of a conquest than a companion. Unfortunately, because he likes extremely thin girls, he's dated anorexics and bulemics almost exclusively. Best of all, his attitude encourages their unhealthy behavior and he doesn't see it. He thinks most models are fat... he's also been extremely critical of my weight gain- bonus!

I would love to see him with a mentally, emotionally and physically healthy woman but he is still chasing 19-21 year olds even in his late 30's. So much for wisdom coming with age!

NightengaleShane
09-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Oh wow, Lafayette... um... I'm not proud to admit this, but that sounds a lot like me... before I re-gained my weight. I was a chubby kid from the ages of 11 through 14 and received endless torment about it. Then, at 15, I lost 20 pounds and thought I looked great until I found out a few people STILL thought I was fat! Then, I practiced eating disordered behavior on and off from the ages of 15 through 19. I was skinny enough - I leveled out in the 115-125 range after I stopped the initial anorexia thing... I practiced some ED tactics but I was still a "normal weight" albeit on the low end of the BMI - and I visually looked 105-115. Anyway, I could NEVER, EVER date anyone even CLOSE to overweight. I wanted my girls thin (but they HAD to have some natural T&A) and my guys muscular... the guys couldn't be thin, though, because if they were even close to my size, I'd get a complex. I remember I met a girl from the internet and thought she looked hot in her pics, though in person, she was chunky, and it was a real turnoff. I felt awful about that, though later I decided that I WAS hot and shouldn't be with anyone who WASN'T since I could GET someone who WAS.

I'd even sacrifice personality points and put up with sheer insanity (and beyond!) for good looks. For instance, my ex boyfriends - one of them was bipolar and unmedicated, but the guy all girls loved to check out, another was crude and a-hole-ish beyond any tolerable extent (not to mention a self-pitying kind of guy AND a "recreational drug user"), but he fronted a band and had amazing rugged prettyboy looks; everyone said we were the hottest couple... and my ex girlfriends... "I'm not in the proper mental state to talk about my mental state" was a memorable quote from one, and another threw shoes at me! And I put up with all of this because they were all SMOKIN' HOT! I was SHALLOW and VERY FAT PHOBIC :(

Luckily, I'm now dating a smokin' hot girl who is a runway model that actually EATS *gasp* who ALSO has a BRAIN, an outstanding sense of humor, and unconditional love for me. But to paraphrase a song by Musiq Soulchild, I'll still love her if her hair turns gray. I'll still want her if she gains a little weight. I'll love her all the same way, as long as her love for me doesn't change... ;)

I've grown up A LOT since back then. Infact, my weight gain, while it ruined my self esteem and my social life, caused me to be a much better and much more humble person. When I'm done losing weight, I'll have a bod just as hot (or even hotter!) as I did back then, but I won't be an arrogant **** about it!

sfj
09-06-2007, 03:19 PM
OMG check this out!

http://bumpshack.com/2007/09/06/rock-of-love-lacey-conners-music-video/

veggielover
09-06-2007, 03:21 PM
The last episode p*ssed me off... Lacey was supposed to be GONE. Seriously, what I want to know is why Bret interprets lacey's "competitive" factor to be something along the lines of "what she would do for her man" instead of pure nastiness. I like Jes and think 1) she's the smartest one 2) the prettiest one and 3) the best one for Bret. If I were a guy, and I had several girls fighting over me, and see that Lacey is being really mean to everyone else, here's what I would think-

1) Does this girl act like this all the time, or only when provoked? Is she stable?
2) Do I really want a girl that's known for being nasty, fibbing constantly and beign mean to everyone else JUST TO DATE ME? I mean, I know dedication, but the way she acts is pure b*tchery. Do I really want to date THAT?
3) What would people think of me dating this psycho? Would she get along with my female friends?

I can't stand lacey. Sam going home was a surprised to me, especially when lacey looked like she was the one who was sentenced to go home by his "superfans"

veggielover
09-06-2007, 03:23 PM
OMG check this out!

http://bumpshack.com/2007/09/06/rock-of-love-lacey-conners-music-video/

WHOA.

Did you guys hear her sing acapella during the last episode? Her voice sucks.

Shay
09-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Did you notice that the video said it was directed by "Otis Conner"? Her brother, I bet. I guess you will do anything to make it? That sounded like a pop song. I thought she was a rock n roll singer.

veggielover
09-06-2007, 05:30 PM
sometimes i feel like lacey's looking for self-promotion with Bret...

Lafayette
09-06-2007, 07:02 PM
This is my personal favorite quote from the bio on Lacey's website...

"Lacey Conner is the kind of young woman other young women want to look up to and young men want to, well, admire. In complete control of her image, she can be light, breezy and sexy or more seductive and passionate. As hip about fashion as she is about music, she knows image is the first thing her audience absorbs."

Um, yeah... if that's her definition of complete control of her image, I'll love to see her definition of complete control of her mental and emotional state!

Back to getting off topic ;)... NightengaleShane, I can understand not being attracted to someone for a number of reasons and being overweight is certainly one of them, although now I also weigh physical characteristics with their actual personalities instead of making assumptions. I'm now engaged to a nerdy guy who's built like a retired NFL lineman but who is intelligent, fun, ambitious and amazing. He's a full foot taller than I am so I'll never have to fly coach again and, thanks to me, he almost never leaves the house wearing navy, black and brown together anymore. We make a great team!

My personal worst was a hot guy who never really talked. Since I never really listened, it worked for a while. Then, he started talking and the most racist, anti-intellectual, backwoods #@! came out of his mouth. I broke the land speed record getting out of there.

"I'm not in a mental state to talk about my mental state" is excellent! My best line from a guy was, "I'm so happy with you, I went off my medication." I guess that's what I get for asking why he was acting erratically. (Kudos to me that he knew the meaning of the word.)

Who wasn't shallow "back then?" I'm glad we've both grown up!

I have to say, I'm looking forward to my friend discovering the same lesson. Someday, some girl is going to slap him upside the head, knock something loose and become his dream girl. I can't wait!

I have one other reality TV geek admission... in the teaser they show of the final selection on the next episode, you can see that the person walking up the stairs has a black leather cuff on her left wrist. Brandi was wearing one at the concert. Hmmm....

NightengaleShane
09-07-2007, 07:53 AM
I read all that stuff about Lacey and thought... "Are we thinking of the SAME PERSON?" And who is calling her a YOUNG artist? She's 31! Yes. I'm serious. 31... one of my best friends actually knows her personally and knew her back when she was in a (decent sounding) band called Nocturne. She's apparently changed A LOT since then and basically just SOLD OUT.

Lafayette... LMAO @ that guy who said "I'm so happy with you I went off my medication!" Hopefully that was a clue to turn and RUN the other way!! And I'm glad you found someone you are happy with now... you are right - the looks/personality split is pretty much equal; both are very important, though personality ultimately outweighs all (while saying that, I STILL couldn't date someone who is at all unattractive, but I sure as **** won't date somone based on looks alone).

Your friend will HOPEFULLY wake up one day. I assumed he was still in college judging from his seemingly immature conduct with women... I would like to think a 30-something man would no longer have one silly, shallow requirement and THAT'S IT! Ha, not to mention, some thin girls can be REALLY UGLY - thin does not mean beautiful.

Lafayette
09-09-2007, 02:36 PM
So, I caught most of the end of the latest episode this morning and, while you guys warned me that Brandi was going home, I wasn't expecting it. I'm disappointed that I missed the "cracked out cat" scene and I can't believe Bret spent the night with Jes and then spent the next night with Lacey... I think he had planned on sending Heather home but I missed the very end of the show. Guess I'll just have to catch the rerun tonight!

BTW Bret looked pretty good at the pool. I take it back...

I would seriously maim my man if he had a revolving door on his bedroom! Thank God I'm not dating a rock star!!!

As for my friend, maybe he can get his own show...

cupcakesundae
09-09-2007, 05:11 PM
I can't believe he'd get rid of Heather after she got his name tattooed on the back of her neck. ;o

I've been huge fan of the reality "love" shows on VH-1 and have even gotten my boyfriend addicted to them. xD

Lafayette
09-09-2007, 05:27 PM
My boyfriend groans and leaves the room whenever they come on... kinda like I do whenever he has to watch sports or sci-fi shows. It evens out, I guess.

Cupcakesundae, what Halloween costume do you have set as your goal? I'm shamelessly looking for ideas...

1fatchica02
09-09-2007, 10:40 PM
I was hoping laceys *** would go home today but for some reason he likes that evil crazy beotch. Good show though I hope Jes wins. I like her the best.

Shay
09-10-2007, 12:11 AM
I think Jess will win. I think Heather is going home next week. Based on the previews Lacey has finally got up under her skin too and seems she can't keep her emotions in check. Disrespecting her in front of her parents is going too far. Regarding Brandi..I think she made the mistake of being her. She seems so not fake to me. I think she spoke her mind and what she felt at the moment forgetting who was in the room.

veggielover
09-10-2007, 09:42 AM
I was surprised that Brandi said that Bret wasn't going to be the one for her. wHen did she realize this????

Lacey drunk was one of the best parts of the show. Jess calling the others "two fruit loops and a very hungry stripper" was cute. She's still my favorite :) I hope she wins. As for Heather... I don't know. SHe's okay but she doesnt think twice..

anajjana
09-10-2007, 09:48 AM
OKay, I'm here!!

Yesterday's episode was so funny!!! My birthday was Friday and I got way "toasted" Sat. night so of course Sunday morning I was hung over and watching Lacey and Brandi chug with the band just made me sicker! It took me and hour and a half to watch the whole episode!!! *Anyway* I was sure Lacey was gone after the whole incident at the dinner table! I almost fell of the couch when Jes called Heather a hungry stripper!!! OMG, that was so funny!!

I think Brandi was just being honest and letting everyone know that her heart was getting involved and she was basically getting scared. Which is natural with any women who has been hurt before. Bret kinda disappointed me when he let her go, she was the most honest one out of the whole group!

I didn't know that Lacey was so old!!! With the previews of next week's show it looks like either Heather or Lacey will be the next to go because it seems like Jes is the only person who keeps her cool. But only time will tell!! Can't wait till next week!!

4myloves
09-10-2007, 11:29 AM
I was totally confused as to why there was such a big deal made about Brandi walking out--Big John has never escorted anyone out (except maybe Tiffany--I can't remeber back that far). Brandi wasn't the least bit "emotional," on the contrary, she was very calm when she left.

I just don't get it. :doh:

veggielover
09-10-2007, 02:36 PM
I think Brandi was just being honest and letting everyone know that her heart was getting involved and she was basically getting scared. Which is natural with any women who has been hurt before. Bret kinda disappointed me when he let her go, she was the most honest one out of the whole group!

Well, honestly, I thought that if Brandi said what she did, she probably had 2nd thoughts..

I was totally confused as to why there was such a big deal made about Brandi walking out--Big John has never escorted anyone out (except maybe Tiffany--I can't remeber back that far). Brandi wasn't the least bit "emotional," on the contrary, she was very calm when she left.

I just don't get it. :doh:

I thought Bret made it a big deal because this was the first time a girl actually decided to leave without his needing to kick her off, which probably made him angry. I think he was going to kick her off anyway, and seriously, I think Brandi walked out without much damage.

Lafayette
09-10-2007, 09:47 PM
See, I thought he meant to kick off Heather. He seemed irritated because Brandi messed up his plan... did you notice that Heather looked down at her pass when he put it on her and they never showed her wearing the pass, just her head. I also noticed it looked like Lacey was looking down at it, too. The plot thickens...

Cassie501107
09-10-2007, 10:07 PM
I LOVE this show...I'm so addicted to Rock Of Love, Flavor Of Love, and I Love New York!

I'm rooting for JESS. I can't STAND Lacey.

Cassie501107
09-10-2007, 10:13 PM
OMG!!!

I'm so upset I just found this thread!!! I luv ROCK OF LOVE!!! My sis and I always get on the phone on Sunday's at 11am and talk about what just happened for the next hour!!!!

I personally think that Jes or Heather should win. I like Jes, but Heather seems like she would fit into Bret's lifestyle more. I was terribly disappointed when he sent Rodeo home!!!

Lacey sucks and everything about her seems fake! For one, I've never seem her entire face she always has her hair down, she never pulls it back, which means she's hiding something!!!

Brandi is cool and I pretty much feel the same about her as I do Heather, but Heather is older and I do strongly believe in dating as close to your age as possible.

I love this show!!! I watched Flav and New York also, loved both of them. I have not really decided if I'm going to watch Flav 3 because I'm still upset about what he did to Deelishis (I think that's how he spelled it).

I am in love with REALITY TV!!!

Wait, dish! What did Flav do to Deelishis?!?!

aymster
09-11-2007, 01:54 AM
Ha! Sunday's show was HILARIOUS!! Jes cracks me up and she's pretty well-rounded... OMG, I couldn't stop laughing with this last episode!!

Lacey is a coconut and needs to get the boot!

I love this show and Bret is a very funny guy as well! My DH is even watching this for laughs!

I adore Jes and she's so funny, she might need her own show!!

NightengaleShane
09-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Shirtless Bret was YUMMY!! I was surprised, because he wears some very unflattering shirts that make him look fat. He needs a stylist. Some of his clothing choices, especially during eliminations, are quite laughable. Like that cow coat. :lol:

I was so disappointed when Brandi basically walked off, too, and I'm pretty sure he wanted her to stay. What I think happened was... Big John walked Brandi upstairs and then got Heather's pass... that would explain why it took so long for Heather to get her pass, right? As for Bret being upset that Brandi basically eliminated herself first, I've heard that he's quite the control freak, so someone taking control before he does might make him mad.

jusj: Lacey is 31... and it surprised me, too, to find that out. I thought she was around 26. An interesting fact about Lacey is that one of my friends was friends with her and her old band, Nocturne, a few years ago. She said Lacey was very quiet and introverted, though friendly, and mostly one of those "I'm so goth I'm going to keel over now" types. Intriguing, huh?

anajjana
09-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Cassie- Deelshis said that they talked on the phone and through letters after the show ended but of course the could not see each other until the reunion. Deelshis said Flav called her in January and told her that 2007 was going to be her year and she has not talked to him since that conversation. He said on the Flav 3 "You Cast It" special that she had her music going on and that she has her jean line going on, he was basically saying she got pretty busy and that's why things didn't work out. Deelshis was in the VH1 special "Reality Stars-Where Are They Now" and after she explained what happened she kinda shurgged her shoulders and stuck her lip out a little.

Cassie501107
09-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Cassie- Deelshis said that they talked on the phone and through letters after the show ended but of course the could not see each other until the reunion. Deelshis said Flav called her in January and told her that 2007 was going to be her year and she has not talked to him since that conversation. He said on the Flav 3 "You Cast It" special that she had her music going on and that she has her jean line going on, he was basically saying she got pretty busy and that's why things didn't work out. Deelshis was in the VH1 special "Reality Stars-Where Are They Now" and after she explained what happened she kinda shurgged her shoulders and stuck her lip out a little.

Awww, thats too bad. Deelishis is so pretty...her friggin body makes me wanna puke, its so perfect, lol. (I know Im missing some commas in here...somethings wrong with my computer.):?:

anajjana
09-11-2007, 01:21 PM
OMG!!! Cassie, I know!! I thought I was the only one!!! My butt is naturally about as big as hers but my waist and stomach is much bigger!!! I wish it were as small as hers though!!!

Cassie501107
09-11-2007, 01:32 PM
OMG!!! Cassie, I know!! I thought I was the only one!!! My butt is naturally about as big as hers but my waist and stomach is much bigger!!! I wish it were as small as hers though!!!

Girl, please! How can anyone NOT notice, lmfao! She has my ideal body..I was supposed to have that one!:lol:

Lafayette
09-12-2007, 03:06 PM
I have no butt and no hope of ever having one but at least that's one less thing I have to lose... I guess.

Who do you guys think we get sent home from Rock of Love next?

Cassie501107
09-12-2007, 04:01 PM
I have no butt and no hope of ever having one but at least that's one less thing I have to lose... I guess.

Who do you guys think we get sent home from Rock of Love next?
I am SO READY for Lacey to go...but Heather is more likely to leave, I think. *sigh*

NightengaleShane
09-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Yup, I bet Heather will leave, and Bret's excuse will be her conduct towards Lacey's dad.

Then Jes will leave, or else Lacey will. Or else Jes will win, but then get screwed over, because I've heard from a pretty reliable source that BRET and LACEY were together BEFORE the show started, he already knew she was going to win, and he told her to act EXTRA DRAMATIC to help both their careers. I also heard through the grapevine that Bret is helping Lacey promote her music.

veggielover
09-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Honestly, Heather's got an advantage having that Tattoo on her neck. Cheap ride to win.... I mean, I think she's well suited for him, but I'm partial to Jes seeing how masculine Heather is. My brother thought Heather was a transexual

Lacey's gotta go... one of these days.

Lafayette
09-12-2007, 06:33 PM
I had to laugh at how Big John carried Lacey back to her room after the concert... and Britney makes headlines for letting it all hang out in Vegas! Big John looked none too pleased with having to clean up the puddle she bacame.

I can't wait to see the next episode! My father would clean my clock first before he even started with the guy... this is the man who forbid mini-skirts because he had been a boy once!

Heather as a transexual?!? Huh... I just couldn't believe she was a stripper since she looks like a train wreck.

As for the Lacey-Bret hook-up, I hate to say it, but I'm not all that surprised. He clearly did the show to give his career a boost, why not share the love?

We were guessing who the next "looking for love" reality TV star will be and apparently there will be a show next season about a bi-sexual woman (didn't recognize the name) where they will have both male and female contestants. I guess that solves it! Flavor Flav, eat your heart out!

Shay
09-13-2007, 02:06 AM
I heard Deelishis was with Busta Rhymes for a bit so I guess she bounced back. I think Heather will be booted off next.

NightengaleShane
09-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Ok... I heard something new:
I looked up Rock of Love on wikipedia and saw that LACEY is supposed to go home in the most recent episode and that HEATHER and JES make it to the final two, then JES wins. If that is the case, I really wonder what happens with Jes, because they are obviously not together anymore. Does Jes just ditch him on the spot? Does he ditch Jes and reveal his secret Lacey love? Hmmmmm!!

sfj
09-13-2007, 07:45 AM
I find it kinda interesting that out of all the gilrs from the show with Myspace pages, Heathers is the only one that had Brett stuff on it. Pictures, songs, etc.

Ok... I heard something new:
I looked up Rock of Love on wikipedia and saw that LACEY is supposed to go home in the most recent episode and that HEATHER and JES make it to the final two, then JES wins. If that is the case, I really wonder what happens with Jes, because they are obviously not together anymore. Does Jes just ditch him on the spot? Does he ditch Jes and reveal his secret Lacey love? Hmmmmm!!

Shay
09-15-2007, 09:47 PM
I thought Jes would win but she is the wrong choice. I think Heather would stick by him through everything. I think she would go blindly not so with Jes.

Lafayette
09-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Lacey is gone! Lacey is gone! Lacey is gone! I'm literally bouncing up and down in my desk chair. Ding dong, the witch is dead!!!

My fiance hopes Jes, not the "American Gladiator chick" will win... me, too!

sfj
09-16-2007, 12:19 PM
So glad she is gone. her dad was annoying!

Lacey is gone! Lacey is gone! Lacey is gone! I'm literally bouncing up and down in my desk chair. Ding dong, the witch is dead!!!

My fiance hopes Jes, not the "American Gladiator chick" will win... me, too!

Lafayette
09-16-2007, 02:35 PM
I know! Her dad's reaction to the news that his daughter had bleeped Bret's bleep was astonishing. I can't believe he wasn't upset his daughter actually was a slut but was upset that another girl told him his daughter was a slut! That's like being upset at the newspaper for reporting the news!

Can you imagine the greeting this "important business man" is likely to receive from his peers now that this show has aired? I'd laugh at him to his face and certainly question his judgement. Bad move...

Plus, Lacey's whole "she has no right to insult my family" defense was laughable. Last time I checked, calling a girl and her family "trashy" was insulting them first. I'm so glad Heather called her out!

anajjana
09-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Lacey and her whole family is crazy!!! Her dad telling Bret he has to sign a pre-nup!! Who does he think he is!!

I'm glad she's gone, but now I kinda want Heather to win. Don't know why but I just do.

Shay
09-16-2007, 09:25 PM
Okay I'm on the east coast so I'm watching it now. I was so weirded out by the fact that Lacey's family remained in the room while Heather was getting dressed. Never mind the fact that Lacey said that Heather was drunk and now her father would think less of her. Technically that is Heather's room and they were invading her privacy. Something is weird about Lacey and her dad's relationship. For him to be that delusional about his daughter something is not right there.

Cassie501107
09-17-2007, 09:55 AM
I had to laugh at how Big John carried Lacey back to her room after the concert... and Britney makes headlines for letting it all hang out in Vegas! Big John looked none too pleased with having to clean up the puddle she bacame.

I can't wait to see the next episode! My father would clean my clock first before he even started with the guy... this is the man who forbid mini-skirts because he had been a boy once!

Heather as a transexual?!? Huh... I just couldn't believe she was a stripper since she looks like a train wreck.

As for the Lacey-Bret hook-up, I hate to say it, but I'm not all that surprised. He clearly did the show to give his career a boost, why not share the love?

We were guessing who the next "looking for love" reality TV star will be and apparently there will be a show next season about a bi-sexual woman (didn't recognize the name) where they will have both male and female contestants. I guess that solves it! Flavor Flav, eat your heart out!

This is true. MTV is going to show a reality show with Teila Tequila...she is bi, and they'll have men AND women fighting over her...lol! But VH1 already has I Love New York II getting ready to start, and then Flavor of Love III!:carrot:

Cassie501107
09-17-2007, 09:57 AM
Oh, and I'm glad Lacey is gone, BUT...I have a feeling this is fake. I do think that she and Bret were friends before, and he is giving her exposure....the part about him meeting her dad on a plane 7 years ago...? Strike anyone else odd?

aymster
09-17-2007, 10:21 AM
^^ Yeah, you're right, that was awfully suspicious! But as the Wizard of Oz song goes: "Ding, Dong, the witch is dead, the wicked old witch is dead..." :D I'm so glad to see Lacey go. Love the part where at lunch, Lacey's Dad says she lives off her investments and Bret comments that she said she's a starving musician... Hmmmm.... the lies continue.

Jes still cracks me up. She's got a great head on her shoulders and has a wonderful sense of humor!

I like Heather for standing up for herself, but she went a bit overboard with her anger and just let it loose! But, I'd be pretty mad if I was thrown under the bus by someone I thought of as a friend. I dunno: all makes good TV, huh?

Can't wait for the finale!!

P.S. Wasn't Lacy kind of similar to New York w/ the crazy, over-bearing parent?

Lafayette
09-17-2007, 02:37 PM
New York's mom took the cake! Although I would love to see Lacey's dad and New York's mom in the same room, going on about how wonderful their daughters are.

My fiance, who has not been watching Rock of Love, thought a lifetime of listening to Heather go off like that would have ended it right there for him. She's managed to keep her cool for the most part so I thought she was justified, if not exactly eloquent. When dealing with Lacey, it appears the strategy of winning the argument but yelling louder is a good one.

anajjana
09-17-2007, 02:45 PM
Oh, and I'm glad Lacey is gone, BUT...I have a feeling this is fake. I do think that she and Bret were friends before, and he is giving her exposure....the part about him meeting her dad on a plane 7 years ago...? Strike anyone else odd?

I thought about this also, but you gotta remember Bret is famous. He has met million's of people and Lacey's dad may have just happened to be one of them.

My dad has met hundred's of NFL players and if I had a chance to go on one of their shows I would, but that does not mean my dad had anything to do with it. But I don't think any of these shows are 100% real life. Conflict and sex sell better than alcohol and guns in Texas.:dizzy:

4myloves
09-17-2007, 03:10 PM
I thought about this also, but you gotta remember Bret is famous. He has met million's of people and Lacey's dad may have just happened to be one of them.

Yeah, exactly--he's met MILLIONS of people--how can he remember ONE from SEVEN years ago?

anajjana
09-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Yeah, exactly--he's met MILLIONS of people--how can he remember ONE from SEVEN years ago?

that is true.

sockmonkey70
09-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Yaaaaay LACEY IS GONE. I don't really care who wins now, I am just so glad Lacey's drama stirrin booty is out of there. She is so fake! GAWD how could anyone stand to be around her?? Why in the world would Brett voluntarily be friends with that crazy biyatch?

NightengaleShane
09-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Bret actually does have a great memory and remembers his fans, anyway. I've met him twice and the second time I met him, he remembered me! While saying that, the whole bit about meeting Lacey's dad IS a bit suspicious. He is, however, involved with a record company (albeit not a very known one), so perhaps he knew Bret from something related to that.

Oh wow, I had no idea MTV was going to do a show with Tila Tequila... though I've BEEN saying they need to have a stupid finding love show with someone bisexual and have the men and women both compete! Hee!

Lacey's dad was just as off as his daughter. I guess insanity runs in the family, though as I may have mentioned before, Lacey isn't actually crazy - she's just doing it for TV. According to a friend of mine (who is a friend of Lacey's), she is actually a sweet, loving person who is just playing it up on TV for more camera time. Cameras love crazies!

Lafayette
09-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Jes won!

I couldn't believe that, after Bret said he was feeling sick and needed to eat, Heather insisted she wanted to drive the dune buggy then drove all over like a wild woman! What was she thinking?!? I would have called the date off right there!

Then again, if I thought he was at risk of going into diabetic shock, I wouldn't encourage him to get into a hot tub, especially one that was up a flight of marble stairs.

I wonder if it was an act?

Plus, I would have killed him for suggesting a "shared" relationship... wha wha what?!?

techwife
10-01-2007, 06:13 AM
Was Jes the girl with the pink hair or the psycho with the long hair? I only started watching the week before with the parents thing. I liked the girl with the pink hair. The one with the long blond hair seemed pretty unstable, the one that left with the long red hair seemed creepy, but the girl with the short pink hair seemed pretty cool. So, which one was it that one?

anajjana
10-01-2007, 09:40 AM
Was Jes the girl with the pink hair or the psycho with the long hair? I only started watching the week before with the parents thing. I liked the girl with the pink hair. The one with the long blond hair seemed pretty unstable, the one that left with the long red hair seemed creepy, but the girl with the short pink hair seemed pretty cool. So, which one was it that one?

Lacey is red hair.
Heather is wild hair.
Jes is pink hair.

I was really surprised that he picked Jes! I was not expecting the whole 'diabetic shock test.' It was a good one though, great way to see who really cares! I'm glad Jes won. And OMG Heather looked like some kind wild animal whith her hair like that! I kinda feel a little sorry for Heather with the whole tattoo issue, but even though she's not with Bret it will never change the fact that she was on the show!

4myloves
10-01-2007, 10:48 AM
I kinda feel a little sorry for Heather with the whole tattoo issue

:rolleyes:

Cassie501107
10-01-2007, 03:37 PM
lmao @ "80's porn hair"...what was she thinking?! Glad Jess won...I hope it lasts, lol.;)

aymster
10-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Yay for Jes!! :carrot:

Jes showed that she truly cares, esp. when Lacey and Brandy both got sick after the concert and Heather sat and watched. Then when Bret was going through a spell with his diabetes in Mexico, she again showed that she cares. Heather? No, let's keep "playing". :?:

Not sure why Heather had a tantrum when she got rejected. She said in Mexico that she was "in love" with him. If she truly was, she would accept the friendship and go with it. What a faker, really. She was all about winning and not there for what Bret was looking for, IMO.

Anyway, I look forward to the reunion show on Sunday!! :smug:

princess_peach
10-02-2007, 08:53 PM
I can't wait for the reunion show! I had always rooted for Jes, but especially after Heather's selfishness during the ATVing--what a :censored:!

Rhighlan86
10-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Yay Jess! With the ATV thing I was so mad, when someone has diabetes and you know it you listen when they say they NEED to eat. At first he just said let's eat and then he said quite a few times that he needed to eat, but she just kept wanting to play around. The thing afterward proved to me once and for all that she was just there to get away from her life.

I agree that she is young, but she is very mature. I think that they are good together and he loved her family and they loved him. Can not wait until the reunion show!

seison
10-02-2007, 10:26 PM
My husband and I religiously watched this show every Sunday night and made bets as to who was going to win! I was right! Too bad it's over now!!!

:dizzy:

NightengaleShane
10-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Hmmm. I think ya'll should read Heather's blog: http://blog.myspace.com/hchadwell - she has the full story on what really happened on the show. She *did* care about Bret and *he* actually wanted to keep going to get all the camera angles in. Bret didn't say he was going through anything with his diabetes directly to Heather; he just said, "Let's eat. I need to eat. Let's go eat." Men ALWAYS want to eat. He should have said, "My blood sugar is low and I feel like I'm going to pass out if I don't eat something."

Jes has a boyfriend who isn't Bret. His name is Quade: http://www.myspace.com/j_quade and he's a jackass. Jes' non-ROL myspace name is "Anchor" and she's left several comments implying that they are in a relationship, the most obvious being a comment to one of his pictures saying "OOO my man is SEXY" Quade also says, "If you want to see Jes with a REAL man with REAL hair then thanks for your interest" in his profile. I don't know what happened between Jes and Bret, but it obviously didn't work out. Jes also said in several radio interviews that she just did it for publicity and that she'd never sleep with Bret, as well as cracking jokes about how "old" she thinks he is.

I was rooting for her initially, but after doing some research, my opinion of her has definitely lowered. HEATHER and BRET are actually a GOOD match. Seriously. They seem very compatible.

aymster
10-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Wow... thanks for that N-Shane!! Now I'm :mad: . I thought Jes was more of a down-to-earth person and honest.

Gotta love the instigators with editing. I hope there's not a RoL2. They just need to let sleeping dogs lie...

I feel the same about Jes now. I hope Bret and Heather reunite somehow... ;)

NightengaleShane
10-03-2007, 09:58 AM
N-Shane! I like that! it makes me sound like a rapper or something! :lol:

Yeah, Jes SEEMED down-to-earth and honest, but she's repeatedly said it was all for publicity. She even said they told her to act nicer so that the viewers would like her more. :( I have no idea who she really is or what she is really like... I guess the only way to know would be to talk to her myself! ;) One of my friends and I are getting together our own internet radio show/podcast - Bret Michaels actually agreed to be interviewed for our premiere/debut :eek: I wrote him on myspace! :D Anyway though, maybe we can talk to Jes as well? Haha!

Most likely, there WILL be a Rock of Love 2, just like there is an I Love New York 2 and a Flavor of Love 3. It's a big cash cow.

NightengaleShane
10-05-2007, 04:32 PM
YAY, the reunion is on Sunday! I can't waaaait!

Lafayette
10-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Wow! You're going to interview Bret? Sounds like you've been doing your homework.

I wondered when Jes commented that Bret was only 5 years younger than her dad during the Vh1 interview (on their website). She also made some comment about how he looked great... for a 45 year old.

Just goes to show, dating in real life is hellish enough without doing it in front of a camera!

I checked out Quade's myspace... that girl doesn't quite look like Jes. The picture's overexposed and the teeth and face aren't quite the same. Close but not quite. Now, I'm really curious!

aymster
10-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Oh, yeah, N-Shane... I forgot I was going to say, "Wow! You're going to interview Bret?-- how cool!"

Let us know how that goes!! :cb:

Cassie501107
10-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Well, darn...I thought Jess was the real thing.:(

can't wait for the reunion!

Lafayette
10-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Whoa! You called it, Nightshane!!! I just watched the reunion show... hard choice, this being Wisconsin and the show starting at the same time as the Bears-Packers game... hmm, Brett Favre or Bret Michaels?

I missed the first 15 minutes but the ending threw me. It was so obvious that Bret and Heather had a better connection than Bret and Jes. When Jes came out and told him he had made the wrong choice, I was impressed! Gutsy move!

Cassie501107
10-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Whoa! You called it, Nightshane!!! I just watched the reunion show... hard choice, this being Wisconsin and the show starting at the same time as the Bears-Packers game... hmm, Brett Favre or Bret Michaels?

I missed the first 15 minutes but the ending threw me. It was so obvious that Bret and Heather had a better connection than Bret and Jes. When Jes came out and told him he had made the wrong choice, I was impressed! Gutsy move!

Yeah, I seen that...Jess was pretty cold.
But I hope him and Heather hook up.:D

NightengaleShane
10-09-2007, 07:51 AM
Yup - I respect Jes for coming out and saying Bret made the wrong choice and that Heather would have been a good match, but at the same time, it kind of saddened me because I think Bret and Jes would have been such a HOT couple. I also think Jes' boyfriend appears to be an ***, like I stated before.

I also hope Bret and Heather hook up. Speaking of Heather, I have a friend who went to the reunion show and she got to meet and hang out with some of the girls - she said Heather was awesome and lots of fun.

1fatchica02
10-09-2007, 11:14 AM
I totally forgot about the reunion show but i am lucky they show about 100 reruns on VH1. So I will be watching it tonight. But I agree that although I LIKED Jes better than Heather in the beginning. I thought he should have picked Heather because she would have been truly divoted to him and his music. And it would be a great ticket out of stripping. I see from her myspace blog she isnt stripping anymore so good for her.