Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 07-24-2007, 02:37 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Question Yet another Personal Q from me!

Hey Ladies:
As some of you know between february and the end of May I was in a Pharmacological Menopause. I'm now getting my second Period since then.
I have to ask, when you ladies who have had bypass get your Period, Are you really exhausted wanting to eat all the time and craving sugar? or at least the first 2. I could sleep all day and I'm still in the last week of my pills.
Thanks,
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:08 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

can't help you, kiddo - it's been SO LONG!!!! and good riddance!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:53 PM   #3  

jiff, you just had waaaay too much fun with that response....you should be moderated!!!

hey KO...i would have answered you earlier, but quite frankly i was too busy popping zits, plucking chin hairs and dying my hair....i guess you'd say that at 48, i am in perimenopause. and i find it really quite annoying. darn annoying. damn annoying. i mean, really who needs a period twice a month?

any way...to answer your question i must let you know that i am presently not taking any legal prescription medication other than blood pressure meds...even though i debate my cardio guy on whether or not i actually HAVE a blood pressure ish shoe. where did that guy go to med school anyway?

this is way too much info, but my children are quibbling and i am preforming the classic bad mommy manuever of avoidance.

sooooooooo KO.....i get VERY hungry for sweets (read and taste chocolate) and quite a bit more tired a couple of days before my period. once i get it though my appetite drops off dramatically and i do regain the energy.

don't know if this helps or not...but, hey if it didn't perhaps you were just a bit amused by it all!

have a nice day!

peach
peach pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:07 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

PEACHIE - your cardiologist is a practicing consultative and invasive Cardiologist in Northwestern New Jersey as well as a part time resident of Ophir, Colorado where he serves as staff Cardiologist at Telluride Medical Center. He completed his Medicine residency and was Chief Medical Resident at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York where he went on to complete a fellowship in Cardiovascular Diseases. He is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and a member of the Heart Rhythm Society. He is the founding Chairman of the Department of Cardiology at Chilton Memorial Hospital where he has also served as Director of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. In 2006 he created the Telluride Public Access Defibrillator Program and directed the deployment of over 30 AEDs in that rural mountain resort community. He continues to direct the AED program and is now leading a community-wide CPR training program in Telluride.

happy now? and now you know why he doesn't take many appointments in the winter!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 262/218/145

Height: 5'4'

I'm with Jif. It's been too long ago and my memory doesn't go back that far!
Lolow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/137/150

The first day of my period I feel like I would rather be in bed all day. I had horrible periods before surgery and I think they are just getting worse. Throughout the rest of my period I feel like an infant. I wake up and by mid-morning need an hour nap and need another nap in the afternoon.

I crave both sugar and salt during my period. To control how much I eat I get the mini chocolate covered pretzels and eat just one. A bag the size you would get out of the vending machine lasts me the whole week. As long as I allow myself the pleasure of that one just once or twice a day, my cravings are pretty much controlled then.
Ophelia924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:10 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Thanks for the input guys! after 3/4 months of the "pause" (hey peachie we can pluck Chin hairs together) I was really unprepared for the hit of PMS and even with the Pills period land!
Ophelia I'm definitely craving salt and sugar MAybe I can prepack some choc pretzels for next time. . .I don't trust myself with open bags of ANYTHING!
I was trying to go carb free and I can't at least during PMS it left me too weak to move!
Thank God I have you guys!!! I don't actually think there are live support groups around here. . .and my doc is in the city so I doubt sincerely I could get there
Oh JIFF on a side note Made a huge version of your mini meatballs!!!!! YUMMMM and so moist!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote