LA Weight Loss - 07/24/07 New Alli Thread, Support Here

StillTryin
07-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Hello, sorry for the delay in getting the new thread going, I was so busy yesterday it slipped my thoughts.

Looks like everyone is doing super and staying very close if not completely on plan. I am proud to be part of such a good group!

Lets keep up the great work and have another ROCKIN Week!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

PS-I want to see hairspray also!!!!

dcapulet
07-24-2007, 10:49 AM
Good morning all!

I seem to be staying on plan, and getting into a real exercise routine. It feels good.

I hope everyone has an awesome day. :queen:

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Hi everyone, I'm here... sticking to plan and being good as gold.

Hope everyone has a great day. :)

Hun.e.B
07-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Went on a great bike ride last night, my upper thighs are even a little sore today! Looking forward to having another fantastic OP day!!

Be good to yourself everyone!!

katallan
07-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi every one!

Got back from my trip late last night. Had a fantastic time with family and friends.

I stayed on plan pretty much with the exception of one meal. And of course it was pizza! Even though I only ate two small squares with a house salad, I have paid for it!

Now exercising is a different story! I did walk a little from place to place, but not enough! Will get that back on track tonight!

Hope everyone has a great day!

PS - I finally have my computer up and running! Yeah!!!!!

chubs107
07-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Hello everyone!! I have been doing Alli for 6 days!! I am really liking it! We (Julie, my partner and I) are doing teh No cook menu for phase 1 until tomorrow. I think we are going to start on phase 2 tomorrow and start some cooking. We are doing our weigh in tomorrow so I'll let you all know how we did. i am finding it hard to put together my own menues... so I'm sticking to the book for one more week and then I'll see what happens.

Good luck to all this week!!:twirly:

Ravisa
07-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Went roller blading today - fun, fun. Worked up a bit of a sweat, but it was worth it.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

mommyto3
07-24-2007, 08:21 PM
So far it has been soooo easy staying op while on alli! Strangely I'm not having huge chocolate cravings which kept me from being successful with WW, but I really know that I can do it now. love, love, love alli!!:D

SASCS
07-25-2007, 12:32 PM
Hi Everyone,
I have been on and off vacation here for awhile and nice to catch up and see that everyone is doing great. I am loving Alli!!! Eating out is tough, but without it I would have not cared and just said to myself that I would worry about losing weight once I got home. I wasn't exactly a saint on vacation, but I wasn't a glutton either. Just wanted to check in to catch up. Gotta go, there is a mountain of laundry calling my name. Just think of the calories I will burn doing all that laundry.

dcapulet
07-25-2007, 12:33 PM
I need to be more careful with my fat grams... before, I was getting too little, and now, too much. :flow1:

Hun.e.B
07-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Good Luck this week Nildee!! Sounds like you are doing GREAT!!! Its nice to have company in this journey isnt it?

Official weigh in for me today. Down .6, which I am absolutely THRILLED with since thursday-sunday of last week I didnt take Alli and I ate with reckless abandon. I'm back on track and the scale is moving in the right direction!!

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Hello everyone!! I have been doing Alli for 6 days!! I am really liking it!

Welcome to the thread!

Strangely I'm not having huge chocolate cravings which kept me from being successful
My cravings have been down too, it's a good thing :)

I have been on and off vacation here for awhile and nice to catch up and see that everyone is doing great. I am loving Alli!!! Eating out is tough, but without it I would have not cared and just said to myself that I would worry about losing weight once I got home. I wasn't exactly a saint on vacation, but I wasn't a glutton either.

Hi there, welcome back :) I think what you said is the key, moderation, not pigging out, but maybe having a bit more than usual when on holidays.

I'm going to Universal Studios Orlando next week with my sister and daughter, we have several reservations at restaurants, I'm just going to keep taking my Alli and hoping it keeps me on the straight and narrow. :dizzy:

Official weigh in for me today. Down .6, which I am absolutely THRILLED with since thursday-sunday of last week I didnt take Alli and I ate with reckless abandon. I'm back on track and the scale is moving in the right direction!!

Reckless abandon, huh? what are we going to do with you? :D

To all the Alli-cats & gators, have a good hump day!

dcapulet
07-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Good Luck this week Nildee!! Sounds like you are doing GREAT!!! Its nice to have company in this journey isnt it?

nice job!

bobbigene
07-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Hello all. glad to hear that everyone is doing so well. I've had a difficult week so don't know how well I'll do come weigh in time. I've stayed under my fat grams, but have gone way over on calories. Maybe I can salvage the week if I'm good the rest of it!

mommyto3
07-26-2007, 12:18 AM
yea well ya know how cocky I was the other day saying how 'easy' this is and how I don't crave chocolate....well let's just say, a treatment effect is sure to be on its way :stress: How long would you guess before it hits?

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-26-2007, 12:48 AM
Hi mommyto3... I find it takes a good 24 hours - 36 hours ++ to hit! so look out.

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Wake up sleepy heads! Hope everyone has a great Thursday, eating good, getting some exercise, feeling great.

StillTryin
07-26-2007, 10:13 AM
I am up and attum, I am at work already so no real "work-out" here except with the brain..lol GOOD LUCK TO ALL

chubs107
07-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Good morning everyone!! Just wanted to let everyone know that I lost 3 pound last week!! I'm so happy!! and that was with TOM!! WOO HOO!!

dcapulet
07-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Good morning everyone!! Just wanted to let everyone know that I lost 3 pound last week!! I'm so happy!! and that was with TOM!! WOO HOO!!

:congrat:

good morning all! just checking in to keep honest...

Hun.e.B
07-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Way to go Nildee!!! You are doing GREAT!!! Keep it up! :congrat:

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-26-2007, 01:12 PM
3 pounds in a week is awesome, Nildee! especially when Aunt Flow is visiting. :)

StillTryin, I noticed we both started our diets at 215 - but you are way ahead of me in losses, when did you start? I wanna be in the 170s too *whining*

mommyto3
07-26-2007, 02:10 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is FABULOUS!

StillTryin
07-26-2007, 02:25 PM
ThinGirl-I initially started Aug 2005, I got to 160 and couldnt get any less! So I slacked off. Then December 2006 I JUMPED to 185 and FREAKED out..so I got that off within 2-3 mo. Then in March of 2007 I was around 160, then Jumped again to 182! I decided I really need to get my thyroid and my bad habits under control once and forall.....
You are doing SUPER!!! Keep up the great work!

mommyto3
07-26-2007, 02:26 PM
How often do you weigh? I've been weighing myself every day (actually several times/day) it's really getting me down. The scale is up a lb (first thing in the morning without clothes) and that was BEFORE my faux pas last night. Scale frustration actually played a part in my cheat. :(

Hun.e.B
07-26-2007, 03:25 PM
Deborah...scales are for fish!!! Once a week is the most you need to visit that thing, all its going to do is get you frustrated because our bodies fluctuate so much. I know its hard to stay off it, but really its for your own good! A watched pot never boils...remember that!

NRyker
07-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Ha Ha Ha Hi Losers of Alli!

I am back officially from the vacation. I have a mountain of laundry too.
Plus a dirty house to clean. Burning calories today!

I did pretty good on Alli Vacation. I just would look at something and think Alli Treatment Effects on a road trip. Ugh...
My husband came up with a name for some of the danger foods..
Alleakies....LOL. we were joking about it all the way.

Anyways. I definately did plenty activity wise, plus, due to the new environment, my baby didn't sleep much at night. I think I burned more than average on the calories.

I haven't had much time to catch up, but I scanned this recent thread and everyone looks like a LOSER!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: :D

edited to add:
I had my TOM start the first day of the trip too. And chocolate was avoided anyways. Strange TOM for me. I am a sufferer of Endometriosis. This was still as painful as ever...but only really lasted a few days and didn't act at all like it normally does.
Is that the ALLI TOM everyone was talking about? I wonder if Alli inadvertantly affects our estrogen or progesterone? Hmmm...

StillTryin
07-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Deborah, I weigh in every morning after I pee...lol I then get dressed. I know that weighing daily for me personally helps keep me on track that day, since, again, for me personally I have to have that constant reminder that I can not be trusted with just any kind of food..lol

I have to be extremely diligent in my attempts to lose any weight. Good luck!

Weighing in and when is really a personal thing...what works for one wont work for all. Good luck!

Ravisa
07-26-2007, 04:33 PM
I agree with StillTryin. Weighing every day may help someone who is apt to cheat on the day after their weigh in because they know they have a week to burn the cheat off. For me, however, weighing once a week helps to keep the blues away.

My WI is tomorrow - wish me luck! I'd be pleased with 2 lbs, but anything in the downward direction will do.

Take care all!

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-26-2007, 05:11 PM
! I decided I really need to get my thyroid and my bad habits under control once and forall.....

Hi again, thanks for filling me in on the ups and downs, this time you are in contol and you are going to keep the weigh off :carrot:

How often do you weigh?

Once every 2 or 3 weeks. Daily or weekly would drive me crazy.

I did pretty good on Alli Vacation. I just would look at something and think Alli Treatment Effects on a road trip.

I'm glad you were able to eat pretty well on vacation, that is what I'll be dealing with next week :o

Hun.e.B
07-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Alli has effected TOM? this has me very curious, anyone know more about it?

mommyto3
07-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Deborah...scales are for fish!!! Once a week is the most you need to visit that thing, all its going to do is get you frustrated because our bodies fluctuate so much. I know its hard to stay off it, but really its for your own good! A watched pot never boils...remember that!

:lol: It's not going to be easy, but I have got to stay off that thing. It's moving too slowly this week and is not a motivator but rather an obstacle.

Deborah, I weigh in every morning after I pee...lol I then get dressed. I know that weighing daily for me personally helps keep me on track that day, since, again, for me personally I have to have that constant reminder that I can not be trusted with just any kind of food..lol

I have to be extremely diligent in my attempts to lose any weight. Good luck!

Weighing in and when is really a personal thing...what works for one wont work for all. Good luck!

This is what I usually do, and when I'm losing at least a little every day or two it motivates me. My metabolism has really slowed down this past year, partly because of my age and partly because of not exercising due to a really bad knee. I always used to lose something every day or two, even if it was only an ounce, and it kept me motivated. Now I just want to smash it with a sledgehammer! :club:

I agree with StillTryin. Weighing every day may help someone who is apt to cheat on the day after their weigh in because they know they have a week to burn the cheat off. For me, however, weighing once a week helps to keep the blues away.

My WI is tomorrow - wish me luck! I'd be pleased with 2 lbs, but anything in the downward direction will do.

Take care all!

Good luck tomorrow! Fingers crossed for you!:crossed::cheer:

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Good luck with your weigh-in, Ravisa!

NRyker
07-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Alli has effected TOM? this has me very curious, anyone know more about it?

Melissa...
I noticed some posts regarding TOM + ALLI ...
they didn't detail anything for me, but it was on the original thread forever ago, and I asked a question regarding it...
but never received an answer.

For my TOM...
It came early. It started immediately heavy. It tapered early & fast.
It wasn't as painful as usual.
Usually, It comes almost every other month. It starts slow and lasts for up to 2 weeks and tapers slow and is extremely painful all month long and especially during TOM. But, that is Endo normal I think.

katallan
07-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Where is everyone today? I can't believe I am the first to post today!

Happy Friday!!!!!!!

I'm down another two pounds to 185. Yeah! I think exercising was the key this week.

Hope everybody has a great weekend!

dcapulet
07-27-2007, 11:01 AM
katallan: good job!

ravisa: good luck with the weigh in...

mine is tomorrow.

Ravisa
07-27-2007, 11:12 AM
:beach:Lost 0.4 pound this week. It's OK, I'll definitely take it!

Way to go, katallan! And good luck tomorrow, dcapulet!

I'm off to the beach for 3 days. We'll see what that does to my weight! Yikes! :beach:

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Hi Alli-cats & gators

I have a weigh in tomorrow too, I have been going every 3 weeks, but since I am going on holiday next week I made one for tomorrow which is only 2 weeks since the last time.

Crossing my fingers I'm down a bit more, I think I am as I bought a skirt last week that *almost* did up, and this morning it zipped :)

Hun.e.B
07-27-2007, 12:26 PM
NRyker...thanks so much for responding to my question. I'm definetly going to keep an eye on that, I'll let you know if anything is different. TOM came today so far nothing out of the usual but the first day is usually pretty uneventful for me.

Katallan...way to go!!!! :bravo: 2 more lbs gone gone gone!! Keep up the excellent work!!

Ravisa...a loss is a loss and the numbers are going in the right direction!! Way to go :congrat: Have a GREAT time at the beach!

For those of you weighing in tomorrow...good luck!!! :goodscale:

I didnt eat very controlled yesterday. Didnt overdue but not regimented like I have been. Got in a nice bikeride last night, coming back the wind was blowing in our faces and it made it very difficult to peddle...my legs were spent! Then AF comes today. I'm hoping I can still stay strong through the weekend I'd like to see a nice loss come next week! I owe that much to myself!

Have a fantastic weekend Alligators!!

NRyker
07-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Hi AlliGators!
Everyone is still losing! Yea! :carrot:
I don't weigh in too often, but I have been looking decidedly less
plump in the mirror -naked-:o.
I will be swimming a lot and walking a lot.
Another day of serious cleaning and child playing will get me sweating.
I am keeping the air conditioning lower too...just so I get warmer easier.
I know it may not burn more calories, but the sweating will help detoxify
my body. A detoxified body is a body that burns the appropriate calories
and works better!

I am looking into doing a liver cleanse starting in August.
Does anyone get into that kind of thing here?
I found a real easy one on curezone dot org.
No starving.

For those who weigh in tomorrow...Wishing you enormous losses!
For those who are close to a beach....I am so jealous. I love the ocean.
I am right on top of the Rocky Mountains though. It has its pluses.

___Question for everyone_______
What is your current Exercise, schedule etc?

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-27-2007, 04:57 PM
A liver cleanse, I can't imagine what that entails.

The rockies are beautiful! I've been to Banff, Jasper and Lake Louise & Whistler a few times.

Beaches are nice too, but I've avoided beach/pool holidays for the past several years because of my weight :(

StillTryin
07-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Great job for all the losses, and good luck for tomorrow weigh in's I am due to check in with my weight on Monday morning....Getting a tad nervous since I havent had a BAD week, but it surely wasnt picture perfect either....
I will be happy if at least one pound is GONE....

SASCS
07-27-2007, 05:35 PM
I was too busy to check in yesterday and even forgot to weigh myself. Haven't notice anything with Alli and TOM yet (it has only been one TOM since I started and I was out of town for a wedding so I was too busy to notice I guess). I have weighed myself several times a day, every morning and now try for once a week. I find more inspiration in trying on clothes that are tight in my closet, like ThinGirl's skirt. The scale is too fickle and it causes me to binge.

I do have one question since I am pretty technology challenged-How do you get the smilies in your posts? I tried dragging them into my posts and it is not working, I just get an address in blue.

bobbigene
07-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Good morning, all! Everyone must be sleeping late today. Not even going to weigh myself today, I know it was a bad week. Three birthdays at work and they kept bringing in tres leches cake. OMG, I just can't turn down a piece of that. Didn't have any TEs tho so must have compensated enough with my other food. Still, way too many calories to weigh.

To put the smilies in all you have to do is click on them. I dragged them the first couple of times too and then I had one of those "duh" momenets and trid just clicking. ;)

dcapulet
07-28-2007, 10:03 AM
According to my scale, there is no change today. I feel so weak and crampy because of TOM that I am not dragging myself to WW to actually weigh in. I know that the scale should not be the end all be all, but I was hoping it would move again this week. With TOM though, I shouldn't be surprised. I feel super bloated.

I hope everyone else has a great saturday!

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Hi dcapulet, for sure it is your TOM screwing you up, check again in a few days :) hope you feel better later on.

Have a good weekend everyone, I have my weigh in this afternoon at 5:00pm

StillTryin
07-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Well I am down 1 more pound, but my official weigh in is on monday so maybe I will end up with a good week and have a loss of 2 pounds this time. That would be cool. I know I am glad I dont have that TOM issue like you all talk about....I gave those parts away a long time ago..lol I had a lot of problems with mine so when I stopped having kids I "recycled" my parts..lol

Phoenix32203
07-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Hi everyone! I have been swamped and have really missed checking in with everyone. It sounds like the Alligators are still losing all over the place, zipping up zippers and looking more buff in the nude (well, that's waht you said! Congrats!!!!)
Still doing well here. Once TOM passed, I dropped several pounds that were hanging on, so I am down 18 pounds in 5 weeks. I am ECSTATIC!!! I cannot be stopped now, not even by a house-sized brownie. The changes I have made feel great and I am not at all deprived. I feel horrible if I eat too much, or the wrong stuff.

Oh--TOM stuff: I saw this on the Alli boards and it shocked me because it is EXACTLY what I experienced. When the first wave of users went through, there were a ton of people that found that they started their period about the 4th or 5th day. The nurse there, Betty Kovacks, said that irregular periods are a side effect. It was so funny to pull up that thread and see post after post of women talking about how they'd started unexpectedly. I kept imagining a news report about how Tampax was having trouble meeting the demand caused by new Alli users--a run on tampons and pads!!! Since then, I am happy to report no more TOM issues for me.

Good luck everyone! You are all an inspiration to me!!!!

dcapulet
07-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Hi dcapulet, for sure it is your TOM screwing you up, check again in a few days :) hope you feel better later on.

Have a good weekend everyone, I have my weigh in this afternoon at 5:00pm

thanks. Hope your weigh in went good!

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Hi everyone, I lost another 5 & 3/4 pounds, down to 183 now :)

My dietitian was so proud of me, she actually gave me a hug

We went over the menus for the restaurants I'll be eating in next week when I'm on holiday and we picked meals that would be best. Hoping 6 days of restaurant eating will not undo some of my accomplishment.

Ethereal
07-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Congratulations ThinGirl! Your progress is inspiring! :carrot:

dcapulet
07-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Hi everyone, I lost another 5 & 3/4 pounds, down to 183 now :)

My dietitian was so proud of me, she actually gave me a hug

We went over the menus for the restaurants I'll be eating in next week when I'm on holiday and we picked meals that would be best. Hoping 6 days of restaurant eating will not undo some of my accomplishment.

Thingirl:

Your progress is amazing. Are you following a specific plan besides alli?

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-29-2007, 03:01 AM
Your progress is amazing. Are you following a specific plan besides alli?

yes, I'm following the Diabetic plan my dietitian put me on. I was diagnosed with diabetes on May 1st.

Breakfast - 3/4 cup - no sugar, whole wheat cereal, 1 cup milk, 1 serving of fruit (usually cantaloupe) 16oz Bottle of water

Snack - no sugar added yogurt, some kind of veggie (usually red peppers) 16oz Bottle of water

Lunch - whole wheat bread sandwich (sometimes meat, sometimes cream cheese sometimes egg salad) large salad with dressing + piece of fruit (usually a banana) 16oz Bottle of Water

Snack - cottage cheese, 1 piece of fruit + 16oz Bottle of Water

Dinner - large chicken breast or good sized steak with whole wheat pasta or brown rice, spaghetti sauce, grilled veggies, big salad with dressing and a big glass of milk + 16oz bottle of water (I take Alli with this meal)

Snack - usually peanut butter on crackers, sometimes cheese & crackers, 1/2 a fruit (usually an apple) and a glass of milk + 16oz bottle of water

Bedtime - another 16oz bottle of water. (I usually have to get up to pee in the night)

I eat the same thing everyday, no salt, no sugar, no white wheat products, no coffee, no tea or pop and at least 7 bottles of water (usually 8) that's 130 oz of water a day.

I never feel hungry, in fact sometimes it's hard to finish a meal and I feel like I'm eating all the time. Before this diet I didn't eat breakfast and didn't eat anything all day until about 4pm when I would eat nonstop junk until bedtime. It's an amazing and wonderful lifestyle change for me.

I was losing approx 2 lbs a week on this diet plan, and when I added Alli at dinner time, I started losing approx 3 lbs a week. :carrot: I am also doing an hour of cardio a day + an hour walking. In the past month I have only missed my cardio once - this exercise is a big part of my success.

Anne09
07-29-2007, 06:04 AM
Hi all! I was wondering if you could answer a q of mine, i am hoping to start alli soon but i read that it's only useful if you are already losing weight. My problem is that for the past year I've been dieting and exercising and haven't really seen results.
Do you think it would be smart then to start alli considering I haven't lost much anyway?? thanks

Phoenix32203
07-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi Anne-- I would say that if you're already eating low fat and are exercising, Alli would be a good addition for you. It seems to be working well for people, kinda boosting their efforts. Good luck, whatever you decide to do!

CONGRATUATIONS THINGIRL!!!
:jig::jig::jig:Another victory dance for you!!! :jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig:
It is so inspiring to hear about the life transformation you've gone through and to see the results every few weeks!!

dcapulet: Sorry about tom holding you back. When mine passed last week, I found out that I'd lost quite a bit that had been masked by the water weight. Hang in there--maybe you'll get an incredible surprise.

bobbigene
07-29-2007, 09:44 AM
You don't have to already be losing weight, they just strongly suggest that you start a low fat diet before you start taking alli. It may be the boost that you need to get off your plateau.

:?:Has anyone noticed that their face is breaking out since taking alli? I'm past acne age, even took accutane years back to deal with it. I've been taking alli for 6 weeks now and I'm noticing that I'm getting some pimples along my hairline and in the T-zone but my skin is also a little flakey. Not dry, but flakey. I suppose that if alli interferes with the absorption of fat that it could show up in your skin. Just wondering. :?:

Gained a pound this week :( but no one to blame but myself. I'm not changing my ticker tho. Next weigh in should be a loss. Next weigh in WILL be a loss!

StillTryin
07-29-2007, 11:19 AM
THINGIRL!!!!! WOW, I AM SOOOO INSPIRED BY YOUR LOSSSSSS!!!!!!

You are doing so good keep up the SUPER work!

I am actually down another pound on my weigh in today. I checked yesterday and was at 170, then today at 169. I have found that my body is like that...I will stay the same for days at a time and then all of a sudden within 2-4 days I will lose a pound every day or so.
So my unofficial weigh in is at 2lbs for the week, but I have until tomorrow morning to get the official loss amount.

CONGRATS TO ALL!!!!

Bibbigene-dont worry about a gain of 1lb it happens, just wait you will lose that and more when you weigh in again. We all slip, I sure know I have!

Anne- I have to agree with Phoenix, it would probably be a good addition to the plan you are already doing. Good luck and your welcome to join us here when your ready

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-29-2007, 12:39 PM
:?:Has anyone noticed that their face is breaking out since taking alli?

Yes! I am getting pimples at the hairline, near my temples & behind my ears - big ones that don't hurt and disappear afer a few days. Thank god they are not visible because they are hidden by my hair - I would die if they were on my nose or something :dizzy: I never thought about Alli being the culprit, but I have not had pimples in years until recently. I was thinking maybe it was from the sweatiness when I do my cardio.

Thanks for the kind words everyone - it's almost too good to be true, I never imagined I could be down over 30 pounds in under 3 months since I started my diet (May 5)

bobbigene
07-29-2007, 07:35 PM
So it's just not me getting zits at my advanced age! I don't remember them ever saying this was a side effect. Guess I'll have to check out the alli site and try to find out if anyone has posted anything about it.

NRyker
07-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Great Losses ThinGirl and Phoenix and Still Tryin!!!!
Losing weight is addicting at times! It just feels so good to be having a losing direction with such positive results!

I have noticed abnormal, almost subdermal break outs. Basically zits without a head under too much skin, occasionally. I thought it was just me.

I am also glad for the clarification on the TOM Alli change connection. For me its great to have my period sooner and more regular. If not, it drags out with PMS symptoms for a month and a half....Like a humid summer storm on the horizon that never quite rains.

This weekend has been good for me. I went to a movie today and to Red Robins for lunch. Had chicken breasts and Long Island Ice Teas (the mild version...watered down = less calories). It was all good.

Walked and did a ton of activity with DH and daughter Yesterday. She is such a sweetie to me and my DH is such a great Father.

Looking forward to hitting my favorite Brookstone Scale by end of next week to see if I have lost anything since my last weigh in last week. Hope they have batteries in it ready to go for me!

My Goal is to be 190 or so, on either side. My reward will be a tummy tuck. I have a skin/fat/stretched muscle scenario from gaining most of my weight on tummy. I really think I would be 2 sizes smaller if I could get it done today. But, I want to be to my goal weight first. This was my original goal when I was happy, healthy and in shape at 180 last time. But, I didn't do it because I made myself get to 165 before I would invest in it....plus, I wasn't married and was sure I would get married and have children first.
Well, the weight number of 165 made me crazy and I ballooned to 220 and started dating my now husband. I ballooned to 320 by the wedding ceremony the added another 60 lbs on to that trying to get pregnant.
Low and behold, I am an official "INfertile Myrtle" (when I was trying, everyone would always explain that they were Fertile Myrtles and it was just never a problem; blink twice out comes another...ugh I hated that statement). :dizzy:
Anyways:I am going to get it done before I ever think of 165 or think I can get pregnant. No reason to wait.

Anybody else have some interesting Goal rewards?

Ant Bee
07-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Hello: For the record, I'm still on alli and still losing. Hope everyone is enjoying the summer and doing well.

Steelslady
07-29-2007, 09:24 PM
I took Alli for two weeks out of four due to two reasons:

1. Vacation, and I recommend that you SLOWLY take yourself off of Alli before going on vacation, if you plan on eating some extra fat yummies. I damn near died for two and a half days- all I can say, is thank goodness my tent trailer has a porta potty in it. It works very well. :D I never would have made it to the bathroom, that's how bad it was, and it was very close to our site.

2. I ended up getting an ear/sinus infection. I went to the doctors on Monday, and I ended up on an antibiotic. I didn't want to chance that it would dilute the antibiotic's strength, so I have another two to three days left before I can go back on Alli (I'm on the six day Arithamyecin pack- this is my last day to take it).

In the months time I used it (I should say, half of the month :rofl:) I lost 15 pounds. About half of that was from the help of Alli- I ate so much better when I used it. Of course, vacation- well, I gave myself a break, figuring it's once a year, why not enjoy it? Next time, though, I'll make sure I'm off of it for over a week, so I don't have any "treatment" effects. :D

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Basically zits without a head under too much skin, occasionally. I thought it was just me.

Yes! that's exactly what mind are like and I have had 4 or 5 along the hairline, weird :dizzy:

My Goal is to be 190 or so, on either side. My reward will be a tummy tuck. I have a skin/fat/stretched muscle scenario from gaining most of my weight on tummy. I really think I would be 2 sizes smaller if I could get it done today. But, I want to be to my goal weight first. This was my original goal when I was happy, healthy and in shape at 180 last time. But, I didn't do it because I made myself get to 165 before I would invest in it....plus, I wasn't married and was sure I would get married and have children first.
Well, the weight number of 165 made me crazy and I ballooned to 220 and started dating my now husband. I ballooned to 320 by the wedding ceremony the added another 60 lbs on to that trying to get pregnant.

It's absolute amazing how quickly the weight can creep up on you, it's almost like we don't even notice until *boom* we are 60 pounds heavier, it's like it's overnight - and then you find yourself not believing what you see on the scale. I'll be happy to get off the up and down rollercoaster and practice some healthy eating& living habits.

Keep working away at it, you are doing great :hug:

Hello: For the record, I'm still on alli and still losing. Hope everyone is enjoying the summer and doing well.

Hi Ant Bee, nice to hear from you! :)

I recommend that you SLOWLY take yourself off of Alli before going on vacation, if you plan on eating some extra fat yummies.

I've decided I've come too far to screw up my good work now, I'm going to keep taking Alli with dinner and really really watch what I eat next week on vacation. Please send positive thoughts my way. :cool:

cygnss
07-29-2007, 11:08 PM
Hi Everyone - I thought I'd go on the record too, that I'm still around. I had a hard time after my 4th of July splurge. I'm so mad at myself for not keeping up with taking my alli because I was doing so well. However, I'll start again with it tomorrow and will continue to use it.

I did learn what triggers my overeating. STRESS. My mother-in-law was sick and passed away Monday night. And all I did for 2 weeks was sit & stay overnight with her & EAT with my father-in-law. Every MEAL - he likes to eat and can afford to. Me, I just look like I LOVE to eat & I do. So we did. Hospital biscuits and gravy, morning after morning puts weight on you! (It's amazing how the people around you think that they are helping you by encouraging to eat! And I listen to them. Duh..) Then when I finally get back home, my mother has a heart attack. We're back home now & I will start the alli once again tomorrow.

I guess what I really want to say is: I stopped taking the alli so I could enjoy the 4th of July. One day I thought, no big deal. But it was a big deal because I hadn't got into the habit of eating correctly. I thought I could stay on track without alli, but I didn't!

So, I'm withdrawing a previous comment that I would pick Thanksgiving & Christmas as alli free days. They won't be. I'll keep on it and pay the price if I overeat. I guess I need that constant reminder that something bad will happen if I don't eat right. I never had TE's and I still don't want them. But I'm not going "cheat the TE's" by not taking my pill because that's not doing me any good. And we pay a darn good price per pill! LOL

Sorry, I'm rambling. I did keep track of everyone's progress while at the hospitals. (Congrats to all you! You are so encouraging to me.) I just didn't feel like writing.

Have a good start of the week. ~~sheila:)

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-29-2007, 11:17 PM
(It's amazing how the people around you think that they are helping you by encouraging to eat! And I listen to them. Duh..)

That makes total sense and is perfectly normal :hug: food is comforting, especially things like biscuits, they sooth our emotions and do help us feel better... for a while anyway.

So sorry to hear about your MIL's death and your Mom's heart attack, I hope she is doing better now and that your whole family is coping with these terrible things.

Glad to hear you are getting back on track, were' all here when you want to vent :hug:

cygnss
07-30-2007, 12:48 AM
Thin Girl! Thank you for the kinds words. Are you all packed and ready for your Universal trip? I'm sure you'll have a good time. Thanks again. ~~sheila

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-30-2007, 01:15 AM
I started doing my laundry for the trip today, I have our suitcases sitting on the dining room table ready to organize. That's about it so far - other than some new shorts I picked up the other day - I haven't worn shorts in 4 years!!

Keep your chin up, good luck getting back on a healthy eating plan, just take it a day at a time.

StillTryin
07-30-2007, 09:16 AM
GREAT JOB EVERYONE, I am going to start our new weekly thread now, so please read up here and post there....THANKS!!!

NICKLES077
07-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Hello,

I've been reading your posts for a few days trying to decided whether I'm going to take Alli or not. You all sound like you're doing great and that inspires me, but the thought of the TE's makes me really nervous...
The thought of not being able to control my bowels is very daunting. On the other hand the potential to lose weight is very appealing.
Has anyone had a few cocktails while taking Alli and did it cause any TE's? Would you say the weight lost is worth the risks? :?:

Thanks for your input in making my decision!

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-30-2007, 09:30 AM
Hello,

I've been reading your posts for a few days trying to decided whether I'm going to take Alli or not. You all sound like you're doing great and that inspires me, but the thought of the TE's makes me really nervous...
The thought of not being able to control my bowels is very daunting. On the other hand the potential to lose weight is very appealing.
Has anyone had a few cocktails while taking Alli and did it cause any TE's? Would you say the weight lost is worth the risks? :?:

Thanks for your input in making my decision!

Hi NICKLES - come to the new Alli thread for this week and we'll talk about it :)

Here is a link to the thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119192