Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:54 AM   #1  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Default Weight Loss and ChitChat #260

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting . So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:54 AM   #2  

hello ladies....how are you all doing??

just a relaxing night around here. Tommy called the hotel in the town we used to live in up north and asked about how much their rooms cost. For a room with two beds, and enough room for us five to sleep comfortably, will cost $65! A single bed, queen size or king (can't remember), is $55 a night. When Tommy stayed in the same hotel 8 years ago (before me and him got together) he only paid $40 a night. So, from 8 years ago until today, it only went up $15, that isn't bad!

We also hung out with one set of the kids godparents tonight. They got the information for the hotel so that they will have a place to stay. We were just going to stay at my parents house, but we figured that since my sister will be getting married there, that we would just get a hotel room. Plus, since we are going up the night before, and probably staying up there until Sunday, it would just be easier on every one!

Tammy~ It is good to hear from you! We watched some of the CMA Music Festival as well. Tommy says that when I wear my cowboy hat that I look like Terri Clark. I never notice any resemblance whenever I put it on, but I guess if I could have an out of body experience to see it then maybe I could tell.

Sue~ It is good to hear from you! You are the second person to mention journaling, so when I get a chance to get to the store, then I am going to take full advantage of the school supply sales to stock up on some journals. I also need some to have on hand. I started keeping a journal for Brandon to help pass the time when I was pregnant with him. I started one when we got pregnant with Logan, and I have been really bad at keeping up on them. I mean, I am so bad that I haven't even started one yet for Marissa!

Pink Jane~ I am not exactly sure how long our friends have all been in it, but they haven't been in that long. Does your hubby do nation wide runs or just local ones? It is good to hear that your earache went away.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:09 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Mindee - thank you for starting the new thread. Remember when I lost the 85 pounds before? I journaled every day, without fail then. I've found that it helps me stay OP so much. Now, when I get in a period where I'm not OP, the journaling comes to a halt, but that's a Catch-22, because if I don't journal, I don't do nearly as well, and if I'm not doing well, I slack off the journaling. At this point, I'm back to journaling, and am doing well. Give it a try - I think you'll like the results. You can keep track on paper like I do, or you can try Fitday.com as some do.

To everyone else - I'm in a hurry. I have to take Neal to town to drop off his truck at the mechanic's. The front U joint needs replaced. Anyway, I'll go back and read #259 later today and do indies then.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:51 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies....

Just a quickie from me today. Will have to catch up later.

Did get my walk in today and yesterday, 3 miles yesterday and 4 today, not bad. It was actually cool this morning, foggy too-weird.

Hope everyone is having a good day...chat later!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:36 PM   #5  
Going to Turn It Around

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Christina- Looks like I should have gone out this morning to walk! I have been going to a nearby park that has a nice walking trail. I only got 1.5 miles in yesterday. It wasn't too hot yesterday but it was really muggy with the rain all around us. Supposed to be close to 90 this afternoon. Oh, well I guess I will get a good sweat going. Maybe I should take one of my dogs along and let her walk me.

What part of Kansas are you in?
Old 07-24-2007, 04:11 PM   #6  

hello ladies! nothing really new here. Tommy was talking to a buddy of his from work about going up north for the kids' dedications, and his buddy offered his house up to us for the weekend. He has to check with his brother and sister and said that if they aren't using it that weekend, then we are more then welcome to use it! He told us that he wouldn't charge us for using it either!

Jane~ No problem for starting a new thread! I just opened up a FitDay account, so I will make today my first day at recording every thing!

Cristina~ Sounds great! I am going to have to get the lead out of my butt and start walking again! You are really motivating me to do it!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:44 PM   #7  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Evening Ladies!!

Cristina--I was telling my dh about your soldier's family on the way home from Myrtle Beach and I just broke down in tears. You are a special person to present such a gift to the family. My heart is with you.

Dee--How's the humidty in the Keys. My sis used to say that a potato chip would get stale before she could get it to her mouth when she lived there. Then again, I guess none of us should be eating chips at this time in our dieting journey!

Marti--I went white water rafting once. Actually I was the only one sitting in the middle of the raft praying that I wouldn't fall in and my stepdaughter, dh and another friend were doing all the paddling!

Mindee--love the avatar with the kiddies. I love Terri Clark too but always wondered how she got such a deep southern accent when she is from Canada?

Sue-- 1500 lbs of stone...can you move your arms today??

Pinky--So sorry about your earache. They can be so hard to diagnose. Sometimes it is radiating pain from TMJ, sinus congestion or even a tooth. Glad you are feeling better.

Jane--I have been slipping a little with WW and I know it's because I think that I can keep all the points in my head. Then when the scale doesn't move, I realize that I need to write everything down. I'm back on track 100%today. Seeing it on paper makes all the difference.

Rhonda--Welcome!!! I'm the jaded nurse on board here. Can't you tell from my post to PinkJane.

Hugs to all that I missed. You know who you are!! Made it back to work today and thankfully it was a slow day. I have a week off next month and will probably visit my ds in Williamsburg VA and shop or go to Busch Gardens. There is always tons to do there.

I almost forgot to tell ya'll that my boys are hero's!! (for the newbies, I call my two little yappy dogs, my boys) They alerted the gal that was watching them to a burgler across the street from her. She said that they never barked at all all week (she works nights and was afraid that they would keep her awake). Then Thurs, they woke her up barking like crazy and kept running to the front door sidelights, scratching and barking and when she looked out she saw a van parked in her neighbor's driveway and a suspicious guy was loading up the van. When he saw her, he quickly sped away but not quick enough for her to get his license number. She reported it, police caught him, she identified him and the rest is history. She gives my boys all the credit!! How they knew that the guy didn't belong there is beyond me. They have never been in that neighborhood before. She didn't want to give them back to me!!

Gonna watch the telly and them read a little before bed. Sleep tight ladies!!
Old 07-24-2007, 10:26 PM   #8  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Evening ladies. Miraculously I wasn't sore today. No bets on tomorrow though. We moved more of the slabs today and did some planting. It is all done, and it is all GOOD. Now, if everything grows/comes back next year, it might actually fill in and look pretty. The arbor DH built has inserts in the sides with wood slats and copper pipe. It will age and look so cool. I planted a clematis on each side. Then we planted a dwarf Korean lilac...a type we had at the old house and loved.
DH spread some more grass seed and covered it with straw....it is not easy to get grass in the shade.
I have done well food wise, but didn't get much of a bike ride today. Just 1 mile. I'm thinking I got lots of stretching and bending though.
Love to be able to figure calories at fitday. I don't journal them there, but in my notebook. (easier and faster)

Tammy- Hooray for your boys. They are really heroes. That is such a cute story. Glad you had such a good beach time. Isn't back to work a bummer?

Mindee- I see you went to fitday also. I think writing things down makes sense, but I always stray away from doing that. I guess I figure I know what I have to do to lose...trouble is I stray off the "should do" path too. Maybe this time I WILL DO instead.

Ronda- We also get that good old midwest humidity here in Indiana. Luckily it was very pleasant this evening. I think we are to get rain tomorrow and we really need it.

Sorry to cut this short...Hi to everyone!
Old 07-24-2007, 11:14 PM   #9  

Tammy~ I am not sure exactly how she got the accent. I think she used to live, if not still does, in Nashville, so maybe from being in Nashville for some time it kind of grew on her.

Sue~ I thought it was FitDay, but it is called Calorie-Counter. It works just like FitDay. I have started today as my first day of keeping it all under wraps. The only thing that is gonna suck is when we go away some where, then I will have to write down what I ate on paper so I can put it on the computer.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:09 AM   #10  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default Morning all...

Very early morning, that is. I just can't sleep. DH has to be up at 5, but I can't settle, so got out of bed to not keep him awake. Went to circuit training and walked yesterday. Foot has a twinge, but seems to be okay. I'm going to just do the two walk days this week, and then start walking regularly next week. I think I'm going to break from the running for a while and lose some more weight before I restart.

Glad to see everyone's week seems to be okay so far. The humidity here is fairly bad, but being raised mostly in Mississippi, I stand it better than most. At least so far it hasn't been hotter than around 93 or so. Today was the hottest day so far, and the kids and I stayed in all day. We had a T-storm right before I went to the gym, cooled things off nicely.

Have a great day, all, and I'll try to pop in later. Just started my new class, and need to work on it a bit, so I won't get behind. Just one more class after this one, and I'll finally have my bachelor's. Woohoo, lol!

L8er,
Dee
Old 07-25-2007, 10:01 AM   #11  
GmaTo8

Happy Hump Day, Ladies!

Marti - wow, you got a good workout with the kayaking! I need to do some of that for my flip-flappy upper arms.

Tammy - glad you made it home safely. Those 3#s will come right back off. Hey, I think your boys should get their pictures in the local newspaper for their heroic efforts. And the people who own the house might want to buy them treats for a very long time. Hey nurse, wanted to mention that Neal's eye looks like he never even had the accident.

Sue - I know how you feel, Sue. My scale is stuck, too, and I haven't cheated at all. I know, though, that sooner or later, it will move downward. You probably already know this, but be sure and cover the bottom 10-12" of the clematis with other plants, foliage, or heap up a bunch of mulch. It will die or be very scrawny left uncovered.

PJ - you can bring home the maps from each individual park after you go to Dis. They don't send them out. If you need one now, I can mail some to you. I'm not 100% sure I have one of each park left, since I give them out to friends going to WDW, but I can check. Let me know.

Cristina - yay for all your walking. We've had cool mornings here, too, that feels almost like September. And yes, it's just too weird.

Ronda - good to see you here.

Mindee - wow, I've research the rental homes in Michigan, and they go for a pretty penny, so I'm happy for you that your friend is so generous. Bet you'll really like your online tracker now that you have access to the computer all the time.

Dee - what class are you taking?

Well, today Mary and the girls and I are going for lunch at a little diner/store/gas station at a little town nearby, where the school bus driver for this route works. She was Katie's bus driver, too, and a real nice gal. I think it's a good idea for the twins to meet her before they step on the bus for the 1st time, so they will know at least one person on the bus. The diner is something right out of the 50's, and will be fun to see again. I haven't been there in eons.

I have been OP but the scale isn't budging. I've been doing the same amount of exercise, which isn't a whole lot, but it's at least consistant. So I don't know what's going on. I've been using more salt - for cantaloupe, a little watermelon, and tons of tomatoes, so maybe that's part of the problem. Maybe I should increase my water consumption. Anyway, I'm getting flustered with it all!

Have a good day!
Old 07-25-2007, 10:17 AM   #12  
a work in progress

Good morning, ladies And hi to all the new JL's I haven't met yet...

Lots of changes in my neck of the woods...

Work found a permanent position for me -- but there was a really nice guy that everyone likes (including me) who was filling the position temporarily, and they gave me his job, which is very awkward, to say the least It was an open job posting, and the HR department told me that it was an open position, so I assumed someone was getting promoted, or a new position had been created, etc. No idea it was his job *sigh* However, I wasn't the only one who applied, and there was no guarantee he would be hired permanently. He has been really great, very friendly and a good sport about training me for the position. Heck, I trained him when he first started at the company! But he understands that our employer was obligated to look for and offer me a position I can do, since I was injured on the job, two surgeries haven't fixed my arm, and it's looking like this is a permanent injury. It's a paycut of a little more than $200 a month from my last position, but at least it's a job.

DH's 18 year old daughter and 2 1/2 year old granddaughter moved in with us a couple of weeks ago -- wow, big change, and sudden! She is a very sweet girl, and a good mama, and she is hoping to start college in just a few weeks. Her dad is going with her to the college today to see what kind of financial aid, child care assistance, etc she might qualify for. Need some advice: just having an 18 year old driver in our home doubled our insurance Went from $800 for 6 months to $1600 for 6 months! Any tips on bringing that down??? I comparison shopped several companies, and some were even more It's hard since my salary just dropped.

DH is still off work on disability, but has been released to go back to work half time starting on Monday. Hopefully, all will go well with that.

All you ladies talking about the humidity...I never really understood when people here would say, "Yeah, it's 105, but it's a DRY heat..." I got off the plane in Orlando on vacation, and realized, "Oh, so THIS is what humidity means!!!" OMG, I could never live in that climate. Our 6 days at WDW, 2 were ok, one was pretty darn humid, and 3 were almost unbearable.

Just started back to WW. The program works for sure, but you gotta work the program: journal, drink your water, stay within your points -- move a little more, eat a little less. Seems so simple, so why is it so hard???

Oops, gotta run...need a shower before work. Hugs to all the JL's!

MK
Old 07-25-2007, 02:54 PM   #13  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Okay, reading the posts i think I am a little lost as to what is going on with Sue, Mindee, and Jane. Going to go back to the old thread and see what I missed but will be back but...

RONDA...I am in Wichita, it's not a bad little place. I say little but there is over 400,000 here, just doesn't feel like it to me. Hey, 1.5 miles is a great walk! Anything is always better than nothing at all.

MARYKATE...good to see you posting. Like you said, someone else may have gotten the job so either way, he was getting the boot. I'm sure he understands though and happy that you got the job. About the insurance, I can't think of anything. I know with the kids it was kind of high but we get a discount because of having all the cars, other than that I don't really know how you could get the rates down, sorry.

DEE...woohoo on almost getting your bachelors! DS is working on two and will get the one this December so I know how hard it is so kudos to you!

Okay, I'll be back!
Old 07-25-2007, 03:03 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Photo deleted by Jane.

Last edited by Jane; 07-27-2007 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:14 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

Mary Kate - so glad to see you here again. Wow, so many changes in your life. No advice on the insurance. We got a break with Katie because she was still in school, and hadn't had an accident. Maybe call around for a cheaper rate? The humidity in Florida is why I won't go after May, through October. My fave time is early May. Yay for you recommitting to WW.

Cristina - I have a post right up there ^ about what's going on with me, lol. You must be busy today getting your shopping done.

The lunch at the diner where the twins met their bus driver was fun. They were a little aprehensive at first, but she made them laugh soon, and it was all good. I had grilled chicken and a very small portion of cottage cheese. Yay for me! I still have enough calories for some fruit now. woo hoo!

Ciao!
Closed Thread