Support Groups - Weight Loss and ChitChat #260

View Full Version : Weight Loss and ChitChat #260

tommysgirl18
07-24-2007, 12:54 AM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support :hug: and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting :gossip: . So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.

tommysgirl18
07-24-2007, 12:54 AM
hello ladies....how are you all doing??

just a relaxing night around here. Tommy called the hotel in the town we used to live in up north and asked about how much their rooms cost. For a room with two beds, and enough room for us five to sleep comfortably, will cost $65! A single bed, queen size or king (can't remember), is $55 a night. When Tommy stayed in the same hotel 8 years ago (before me and him got together) he only paid $40 a night. So, from 8 years ago until today, it only went up $15, that isn't bad!

We also hung out with one set of the kids godparents tonight. They got the information for the hotel so that they will have a place to stay. We were just going to stay at my parents house, but we figured that since my sister will be getting married there, that we would just get a hotel room. Plus, since we are going up the night before, and probably staying up there until Sunday, it would just be easier on every one!

Tammy~ It is good to hear from you! We watched some of the CMA Music Festival as well. Tommy says that when I wear my cowboy hat that I look like Terri Clark. I never notice any resemblance whenever I put it on, but I guess if I could have an out of body experience to see it then maybe I could tell.

Sue~ It is good to hear from you! You are the second person to mention journaling, so when I get a chance to get to the store, then I am going to take full advantage of the school supply sales to stock up on some journals. I also need some to have on hand. I started keeping a journal for Brandon to help pass the time when I was pregnant with him. I started one when we got pregnant with Logan, and I have been really bad at keeping up on them. I mean, I am so bad that I haven't even started one yet for Marissa!

Pink Jane~ I am not exactly sure how long our friends have all been in it, but they haven't been in that long. Does your hubby do nation wide runs or just local ones? It is good to hear that your earache went away.

Jane
07-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Mindee - thank you for starting the new thread. Remember when I lost the 85 pounds before? I journaled every day, without fail then. I've found that it helps me stay OP so much. Now, when I get in a period where I'm not OP, the journaling comes to a halt, but that's a Catch-22, because if I don't journal, I don't do nearly as well, and if I'm not doing well, I slack off the journaling. At this point, I'm back to journaling, and am doing well. Give it a try - I think you'll like the results. You can keep track on paper like I do, or you can try Fitday.com as some do.

To everyone else - I'm in a hurry. I have to take Neal to town to drop off his truck at the mechanic's. The front U joint needs replaced. Anyway, I'll go back and read #259 later today and do indies then. :hug:

FrouFrou
07-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Hello ladies....

Just a quickie from me today. Will have to catch up later.

Did get my walk in today and yesterday, 3 miles yesterday and 4 today, not bad. It was actually cool this morning, foggy too-weird.

Hope everyone is having a good day...chat later! :wave:

stranger n my mirror
07-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Christina- Looks like I should have gone out this morning to walk! I have been going to a nearby park that has a nice walking trail. I only got 1.5 miles in yesterday. It wasn't too hot yesterday but it was really muggy with the rain all around us. Supposed to be close to 90 this afternoon. Oh, well I guess I will get a good sweat going. Maybe I should take one of my dogs along and let her walk me.

What part of Kansas are you in?

tommysgirl18
07-24-2007, 04:11 PM
hello ladies! nothing really new here. Tommy was talking to a buddy of his from work about going up north for the kids' dedications, and his buddy offered his house up to us for the weekend. He has to check with his brother and sister and said that if they aren't using it that weekend, then we are more then welcome to use it! He told us that he wouldn't charge us for using it either!

Jane~ No problem for starting a new thread! I just opened up a FitDay account, so I will make today my first day at recording every thing!

Cristina~ Sounds great! I am going to have to get the lead out of my butt and start walking again! You are really motivating me to do it!

sz2atheart
07-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Evening Ladies!!

Cristina--I was telling my dh about your soldier's family on the way home from Myrtle Beach and I just broke down in tears. You are a special person to present such a gift to the family. My heart is with you.

Dee--How's the humidty in the Keys. My sis used to say that a potato chip would get stale before she could get it to her mouth when she lived there. Then again, I guess none of us should be eating chips at this time in our dieting journey!

Marti--I went white water rafting once. Actually I was the only one sitting in the middle of the raft praying that I wouldn't fall in and my stepdaughter, dh and another friend were doing all the paddling!

Mindee--love the avatar with the kiddies. I love Terri Clark too but always wondered how she got such a deep southern accent when she is from Canada?

Sue--:yikes: 1500 lbs of stone...can you move your arms today??

Pinky--So sorry about your earache. They can be so hard to diagnose. Sometimes it is radiating pain from TMJ, sinus congestion or even a tooth. Glad you are feeling better.

Jane--I have been slipping a little with WW and I know it's because I think that I can keep all the points in my head. Then when the scale doesn't move, I realize that I need to write everything down. I'm back on track 100%today. Seeing it on paper makes all the difference.

Rhonda--Welcome!!! I'm the jaded nurse on board here. Can't you tell from my post to PinkJane.

Hugs to all that I missed. You know who you are!! Made it back to work today and thankfully it was a slow day. I have a week off next month and will probably visit my ds in Williamsburg VA and shop or go to Busch Gardens. There is always tons to do there.

I almost forgot to tell ya'll that my boys are hero's!! (for the newbies, I call my two little yappy dogs, my boys) They alerted the gal that was watching them to a burgler across the street from her. She said that they never barked at all all week (she works nights and was afraid that they would keep her awake). Then Thurs, they woke her up barking like crazy and kept running to the front door sidelights, scratching and barking and when she looked out she saw a van parked in her neighbor's driveway and a suspicious guy was loading up the van. When he saw her, he quickly sped away but not quick enough for her to get his license number. She reported it, police caught him, she identified him and the rest is history. She gives my boys all the credit!! How they knew that the guy didn't belong there is beyond me. They have never been in that neighborhood before. She didn't want to give them back to me!!

Gonna watch the telly and them read a little before bed. Sleep tight ladies!!

suetalks
07-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Evening ladies. Miraculously I wasn't sore today. No bets on tomorrow though. We moved more of the slabs today and did some planting. It is all done, and it is all GOOD. Now, if everything grows/comes back next year, it might actually fill in and look pretty. :) The arbor DH built has inserts in the sides with wood slats and copper pipe. It will age and look so cool. I planted a clematis on each side. Then we planted a dwarf Korean lilac...a type we had at the old house and loved.
DH spread some more grass seed and covered it with straw....it is not easy to get grass in the shade.
I have done well food wise, but didn't get much of a bike ride today. Just 1 mile. I'm thinking I got lots of stretching and bending though.
Love to be able to figure calories at fitday. I don't journal them there, but in my notebook. (easier and faster)

Tammy- Hooray for your boys. They are really heroes. That is such a cute story. Glad you had such a good beach time. Isn't back to work a bummer? :)

Mindee- I see you went to fitday also. I think writing things down makes sense, but I always stray away from doing that. I guess I figure I know what I have to do to lose...trouble is I stray off the "should do" path too. Maybe this time I WILL DO instead. :)

Ronda- We also get that good old midwest humidity here in Indiana. Luckily it was very pleasant this evening. I think we are to get rain tomorrow and we really need it.

Sorry to cut this short...Hi to everyone!

tommysgirl18
07-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Tammy~ I am not sure exactly how she got the accent. I think she used to live, if not still does, in Nashville, so maybe from being in Nashville for some time it kind of grew on her.

Sue~ I thought it was FitDay, but it is called Calorie-Counter. It works just like FitDay. I have started today as my first day of keeping it all under wraps. The only thing that is gonna suck is when we go away some where, then I will have to write down what I ate on paper so I can put it on the computer.

NavyWifeDee
07-25-2007, 01:09 AM
Very early morning, that is. I just can't sleep. DH has to be up at 5, but I can't settle, so got out of bed to not keep him awake. Went to circuit training and walked yesterday. Foot has a twinge, but seems to be okay. I'm going to just do the two walk days this week, and then start walking regularly next week. I think I'm going to break from the running for a while and lose some more weight before I restart.

Glad to see everyone's week seems to be okay so far. The humidity here is fairly bad, but being raised mostly in Mississippi, I stand it better than most. At least so far it hasn't been hotter than around 93 or so. Today was the hottest day so far, and the kids and I stayed in all day. We had a T-storm right before I went to the gym, cooled things off nicely.

Have a great day, all, and I'll try to pop in later. Just started my new class, and need to work on it a bit, so I won't get behind. Just one more class after this one, and I'll finally have my bachelor's. Woohoo, lol!

L8er,
Dee

Jane
07-25-2007, 10:01 AM
Happy Hump Day, Ladies! :D

Marti - wow, you got a good workout with the kayaking! I need to do some of that for my flip-flappy upper arms.

Tammy - glad you made it home safely. Those 3#s will come right back off. Hey, I think your boys should get their pictures in the local newspaper for their heroic efforts. And the people who own the house might want to buy them treats for a very long time. Hey nurse, wanted to mention that Neal's eye looks like he never even had the accident.

Sue - I know how you feel, Sue. My scale is stuck, too, and I haven't cheated at all. I know, though, that sooner or later, it will move downward. You probably already know this, but be sure and cover the bottom 10-12" of the clematis with other plants, foliage, or heap up a bunch of mulch. It will die or be very scrawny left uncovered.

PJ - you can bring home the maps from each individual park after you go to Dis. They don't send them out. If you need one now, I can mail some to you. I'm not 100% sure I have one of each park left, since I give them out to friends going to WDW, but I can check. Let me know.

Cristina - yay for all your walking. :cp: We've had cool mornings here, too, that feels almost like September. And yes, it's just too weird.

Ronda - good to see you here.

Mindee - wow, I've research the rental homes in Michigan, and they go for a pretty penny, so I'm happy for you that your friend is so generous. Bet you'll really like your online tracker now that you have access to the computer all the time.

Dee - what class are you taking?

Well, today Mary and the girls and I are going for lunch at a little diner/store/gas station at a little town nearby, where the school bus driver for this route works. She was Katie's bus driver, too, and a real nice gal. I think it's a good idea for the twins to meet her before they step on the bus for the 1st time, so they will know at least one person on the bus. The diner is something right out of the 50's, and will be fun to see again. I haven't been there in eons.

I have been OP but the scale isn't budging. I've been doing the same amount of exercise, which isn't a whole lot, but it's at least consistant. So I don't know what's going on. I've been using more salt - for cantaloupe, a little watermelon, and tons of tomatoes, so maybe that's part of the problem. Maybe I should increase my water consumption. Anyway, I'm getting flustered with it all!

Have a good day!

Katiecat
07-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Good morning, ladies :) And hi to all the new JL's I haven't met yet...

Lots of changes in my neck of the woods...

Work found a permanent position for me -- but there was a really nice guy that everyone likes (including me) who was filling the position temporarily, and they gave me his job, which is very awkward, to say the least :o:( It was an open job posting, and the HR department told me that it was an open position, so I assumed someone was getting promoted, or a new position had been created, etc. No idea it was his job *sigh* However, I wasn't the only one who applied, and there was no guarantee he would be hired permanently. He has been really great, very friendly and a good sport about training me for the position. Heck, I trained him when he first started at the company! But he understands that our employer was obligated to look for and offer me a position I can do, since I was injured on the job, two surgeries haven't fixed my arm, and it's looking like this is a permanent injury. It's a paycut of a little more than $200 a month from my last position, but at least it's a job.

DH's 18 year old daughter and 2 1/2 year old granddaughter moved in with us a couple of weeks ago -- wow, big change, and sudden! She is a very sweet girl, and a good mama, and she is hoping to start college in just a few weeks. Her dad is going with her to the college today to see what kind of financial aid, child care assistance, etc she might qualify for. Need some advice: just having an 18 year old driver in our home doubled our insurance :fr: Went from $800 for 6 months to $1600 for 6 months! Any tips on bringing that down??? I comparison shopped several companies, and some were even more :( It's hard since my salary just dropped.

DH is still off work on disability, but has been released to go back to work half time starting on Monday. Hopefully, all will go well with that.

All you ladies talking about the humidity...I never really understood when people here would say, "Yeah, it's 105, but it's a DRY heat..." I got off the plane in Orlando on vacation, and realized, "Oh, so THIS is what humidity means!!!" OMG, I could never live in that climate. Our 6 days at WDW, 2 were ok, one was pretty darn humid, and 3 were almost unbearable. :faint:

Just started back to WW. The program works for sure, but you gotta work the program: journal, drink your water, stay within your points -- move a little more, eat a little less. Seems so simple, so why is it so hard??? :lol3:

Oops, gotta run...need a shower before work. Hugs to all the JL's!

MK

FrouFrou
07-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Hello ladies...

Okay, reading the posts i think I am a little lost as to what is going on with Sue, Mindee, and Jane. :p Going to go back to the old thread and see what I missed but will be back but...

RONDA...I am in Wichita, it's not a bad little place. I say little but there is over 400,000 here, just doesn't feel like it to me. Hey, 1.5 miles is a great walk! Anything is always better than nothing at all.

MARYKATE...good to see you posting. Like you said, someone else may have gotten the job so either way, he was getting the boot. I'm sure he understands though and happy that you got the job. About the insurance, I can't think of anything. I know with the kids it was kind of high but we get a discount because of having all the cars, other than that I don't really know how you could get the rates down, sorry.

DEE...woohoo on almost getting your bachelors! DS is working on two and will get the one this December so I know how hard it is so kudos to you!

Okay, I'll be back!

Jane
07-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Photo deleted by Jane.

Jane
07-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Mary Kate - so glad to see you here again. :hug: Wow, so many changes in your life. No advice on the insurance. We got a break with Katie because she was still in school, and hadn't had an accident. Maybe call around for a cheaper rate? The humidity in Florida is why I won't go after May, through October. My fave time is early May. Yay for you recommitting to WW. :cp:

Cristina - I have a post right up there ^ about what's going on with me, lol. You must be busy today getting your shopping done.

The lunch at the diner where the twins met their bus driver was fun. They were a little aprehensive at first, but she made them laugh soon, and it was all good. I had grilled chicken and a very small portion of cottage cheese. Yay for me! I still have enough calories for some fruit now. woo hoo!

Ciao!

tommysgirl18
07-25-2007, 03:14 PM

My baby girl is three months old! Man, it went so fast….before we know it we will be celebrating her first birthday! We are going to be getting her ears pierced soon. We had to wait until she was three months old and got her first big group of shots before the local store in the mall would do it.

Dee~ I hope the weather cools off enough for you to get your exercise in. It has been rainy off and on here for the past week or so. We are officially in drought conditions now, so we really need to get some rain around here!

Jane~ It is very generous of him to let us use his family’s cottage as he calls it. It is located not that far from where we used to live when we lived in the upper part of the thumb. At the most, it is maybe five blocks from where we used to live! When I put in my information from what I ate and drank for the day into the page, it gives me a grade for my day. Yesterday, being my first day, I was given an A. Now, let’s see how today is going to pan out! (so far I am at a B for today) Great picture of the girls!!

Mary Kate~ It is so good to hear from you!! Great news on the job! Sorry to hear that you took over the guys position, but like you said it’s a job. Not sure about the insurance but I hope that you can get it down to a more manageable amount for you guys. Glad to hear that your DH was cleared to go back to work! I will keep my fingers crossed!

Cristina~ Leave it to me to confuse someone!! LOL

FrouFrou
07-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Okay, I'm back but didn't have a chance to read the other thread, lol. Had to go answer the door and talked for a few with the sprinkler guy. Anyway, don't really have much time now, sorry.

MINDEE...you didn't confuse me, but it seemed like something is going on and I missed it...something planned for the kids, the reason you guys are looking for place for the weekend. :dunno: Speaking of the kids, they do grow fast don't they? I still can't believe mine are grown up!

JANE...it was another cool morning. Don't know if it is the weather being weird or me just walking early. I have found it is easier if I get there by 7:30, not so bad. Speaking of Mary...how is she doing with her RA? The picture of the girls is adorable! They are all getting so big! Good idea meeting with the bus driver before school starts.

TAMMY...you know, it's really nothing for me to do that. Unfortunately, I may end up mailing it to them after all. The step-son told V (DH) he would have to see what's going on because his step-mother was having some problems and going to have to have everything taken out...his exact words. V said that was a little too much info, lol. So she is in the hospital right now and we are waiting word from Jacob. I might just give it to Jacob and let him take it to them, not sure yet. Glad you guys had a nice vacation! Your boys are HERO'S!!! :carrot:

SUE...thinking you finished your arbor and decorating around it??? Sounds like you guys have been busy with the yard...and it sounds very pretty with all that you guys have planted! Are you guys making a pathway? Just gathered that with the talk of moving slabs. Hey, I think you got a workout with all the work on the yard.

HI to everyone else :wave:

Getting some laundry done today and had some errands to run. Take care ladies and have a good day, what's left of it! :wave:

tommysgirl18
07-25-2007, 07:24 PM
Cristina~ The kids are getting dedicated on August 11th at my parents house. After, or before, depending on when things get started, my sister is going to get married as well. So, we were looking for a hotel room for the weekend. But then Tommy talked to a buddy of his from work and he said that it shouldn't be a problem to use the house for the weekend.

PinkSands
07-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Good Evening Ladies:wave:

Beautiful day here but hot close to 90 today...didn't get to walk yesterday, that blister I got the other day, turned into a blood blister and hurt like heck, I did get an hour in today but didn't wanna push my luck, being Diabetic I have to watch that kinda thing on my feet, Blah!, not only did TOM hit this week but an earache and now a monster blister LOL my week to fall apart I guess...Hubby picked up a load in Pella IA yesterday and is on his way to Boston Mass again...well I need to fold some laundry and get my dinner started so have a Good Evening All.

Jane - Yeah I have a ton of those maps from the parks, the one's I got in the mail are custom maps from Disney Destinations, this time when I made our reservations, they sent me an email about ordering custom keepsake maps for free, they came the other day, they're printed on really heavy paper and I am gonna get them framed I was just saying I wish they had printed them all seperate, they put 2 parks on each, 1 on each side but they are really pretty and have our name on each one so I think they will look really nice framed.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 46 days away!

suetalks
07-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Hi ladies...We finally got rain tonight. Cooled it right down, and we need the moisture. Didn't have to water everything as I had planned. I did get in a 3 mile ride before the rain fell. Better than nothing I guess.

Food was a little high calorie wise, but after 2 days of low I feel okay with it. I am still trying to figure out how many calories I need to eat. LifeSteps tells me I should be able to lose eating 1500 calories, which seems high. (But today was just right, lol.) I know 1000 is too low for me....after 2 days around there I was just too ready to eat all day today. Luckily I made green beans today and had melon, so I ate LOTS of those. I had cookies, but counted them in. It is just confusing at times...but I will trudge on.

Cristina- Yes, we finished the arbor. We did a pathway of stone, which came in huge slabs. (huge, heavy slabs) Once again I was shopping for plants, after I said I was done for this year. I planted clematis and a dwarf lilac. I took pictures, but due to the construction going on next door the pictures don't look too neat.

PJ- Oh, I hate blisters. Hope yours heals quickly. Yes, do watch it carefully. No fun to run into an infection! I can't believe you got an hour walking in.

Jane- The girls are so darn cute. I can just tell they have so much fun together...and with grandma. Makes me long for mine to be small again. :( Yes, thanks about the clematis. Actually, the direction card said to plant the vine 4 inches below the ground (where the vine tops the dirt in their pot that is) Then it did say to mulch, but I didn't know it needed to be so deep. The vines do seem to be very fragile and thin...and I remember mine before being more sturdy. Hope they make it.

MaryKate- Hi, good to see you back again. It does sound like there are changes at your place. A little one in the house can sure be fun, but stressful if you are not used to them. Hope things go smoothly. I sure don't remember our insurance being that high when DS was home, but then different areas cost different. We got a good student discount for him, but I don't know about college students. Sorry I can't help.

Dee- I have only been to the Keys once and it rained all day. Mom, my aunt and I took a boat from Ft. Myers to Key West. It was fun except for the rain. We had to roll up our pants and just tromp through it. The streets were flooded, but at least it was warm. :)

Mindee- Wow, three months already? Time flies when you are having fun. J/k Kids just grow up so darn fast! I will have to try that site for calorie counting. See which I prefer.

I have to take Mom to the Dr. tomorrow and then go pick up our bar stools, finally! Nothing else going on that I know of. I got the laundry and dusting done today.
Hope you are all looking forward to a great week-end! Any plans?

tommysgirl18
07-26-2007, 06:47 PM

Well, after all the hard work and planning that we have put into the dedication day, my mom up and cancelled it. She claims that Tommy said that it was his party and the wedding was just added on. Tommy never said that, when I asked my mom who told her that she said my sister Beth and Tommy just did. I of course stuck up for Tommy and said to her that he never said that, and she then tells me “well, it doesn’t matter because I just called the minister and cancelled everything.” So, I hung up on her! My sister claims that her boyfriend doesn’t do well in big crowds. (since when is 50 people a big crowd?) They are planning on having a open house/wedding reception on August 18th at their house, so how is he going to do at that? We were planning on going to the open house/wedding reception but not anymore. My sister took what Tommy said and turned it around then called my mom and put the blame on Tommy when she sat on the phone and said that every thing was fine and it was a great idea!

Pink Jane~ I hope your ear ache and blister go away soon!

Sue~ Yup, three months already! I can’t believe it….before we know it she will be going to school!

Jane
07-26-2007, 07:34 PM
Hiya ladies, just a quick one tonight. Thank you for the nice comments about the DGDs.

I've been busy today, and now Katie is here for a visit. Just wanted to say howdy, though. More later. :hug:

NavyWifeDee
07-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Hope all is well with all you JL's. Looking forward to the weekend here, though i don't know why, not much different than the week with DH home so much here on shore duty. It'll be nice to go to church, we haven't been in a couple of weeks. I was bad tonight and didn't go exercise, but my tummy was queasy and didn't want to make it worse.

Mindee- wow, 3 months huh? they grow so fast. I was just telling hubby how wierd it is to think that all 3 of ours will be in school this year. we'll be sad about our empty nest next thing you know, lol.

the class I'm taking right now is Aircraft Engines. Then I just have my aviation capstone project and I'll be done. trying to decide whether to do my master's now, since the kids are all in school this fall, or wait and start after we move next year and get settled. The classes are online, but still require a bit of work, so not sure.

Hope you all have a great night, and a wonderful Friday tomorrow.

Dee

suetalks
07-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Checking in to say I had a pretty good day. 5 miles on the bike and OP. Still trying to work up some time on the stepper.....that thing is rough. :)
Happy week-end all.

Marti
07-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Quick hello from me too!! :wave:

Off to make some BBQ steaks.......but wanted to say hello to you all. Just think...it's Friday tomorrow!!

Thanks goodness for that!

Chat more another time.

tommysgirl18
07-27-2007, 12:13 AM
Jane~ Have fun visiting with Katie!

Dee~ I am dreading the whole empty nest thing…..but I know that it will have to come eventually!

Sue~ Great job on the riding!!! Awesome about the stepper!

Marti~ How was your steaks?

tommysgirl18
07-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Happy Friday every one! Just checking in to see how every one is doing! I managed to get in 8 glasses of water already today, and I am sure that I am not done!

Have a great weekend!

FrouFrou
07-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Hello ladies!

Doing laundry today and some straightening of the house. But then that's what I always do, or so it seems. Went to the park for my walk this morning, glad it was nice and cool out. It starts out cool but I still end up sweaty when I am done. Then had some errands to run, pick up balloons, get some cards, and pick up the cake. Always feels good to be home. Anywho...

MINDEE...well, after the explanation to me and now it has been cancelled, sorry about that.

SUE...we are supposed to get rain this evening and tomorrow sometime. Kind of hoping that we do, lol, even though we have had too much. It's kind of soothing after a lot of hot days. Your yard sounds very pretty!

PINKJANE...OUCH! Be careful walking with a blister.

DEE...I've not been to church in ages! Been meaning to go. It's hard to get in the habit of going after playing hooky for so long.

HI JANE, MARTI, SASSY, JODI, VANN, TAMMY, MARYKATE, and everyone else!

Take care ladies! Hope everyone is having a good Friday!

tommysgirl18
07-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Cristina~ Thanks for the nice comment. We are still keeping that day open as to just have every one over here to hang out and what not. We are going to look at other churches in our area to see if they can do it.

PinkSands
07-27-2007, 07:50 PM

Just got back from Des Moines had to take the boy down to pickup his glasses, so I didn't get my walk in today but my toe is feeling much better, I got brave last nite and poked a needle in the blister and drained it out then soaked it in peroxide so I will try to get 2 hours in on the treadmill tomorrow...I did do my turbo sculpt and hip hop abs this morning before I had to get ready to go...making Civiche for my dinner tonite since I've been out running around all day I thought something cool for dinner sounded nice...it's not real hot today since we had a big storm come through last nite but the humidity is awful today...well have a Good Evening All.

Oh and Helloooo 170's Wooo Hooo!!!!!

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 44 days away!

Jane
07-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Hi ladies,

Another busy one today, and Neal and I are going to play 500 Rummy shortly, but I wanted to check on you and say hello! Have a good weekend everyone. :hug:

sz2atheart
07-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Happy Friday Ladies!!

Jane--your grandgirls are darling!!

Cristina--I'm with ya on playing hooky at church. We belong to a great Methodist church in our area and the kids all attended the youth group there. My daughter even went on missions with her youth group building and repairing houses along the Appalachian Trail for four summers (now she would swing a hammer for the underprivileged but wouldn't clean her own room at home). But my dh's ex attended there and with dh playing golf every weekend, I felt uncomfortable going by myself. And the kids went to youth group on Sunday evening and the thought of attending twice in one day was way beyond any teen's expectations.

Mindee--Sorry about the misunderstanding with the family and the kids dedication. My own mother would not attend my kids confirmation complaining that the service would be too long. Geez, seems like everyone has some dysfunction going on in every family. We tend to take things a little harder when it comes to our kids. It's that Mama Bear attitude, you know, to not want anyone to mess with our cubs. Keep your chin up and maybe you can find another church to do the dedication for you.

Sue--We just got the first rain in over 3 weeks. It looks like a freaking desert in our area. We have a sprinkler systems and it's been working overtime.

Ms PJ--I couldn't leave a blister alone if you paid me. I gotta pick and poke at everything. Guess that's why I became a nurse!

Hugs to Marti, Jules, Dee, Marykate, Sassy, I know I'm missing someone.

So glad the workweek is over. Went out to dinner and had ribs, not exactly low cal, but delicious. We are having a new freezer delivered tomorrow. Figured it was about time to replace the 30 yr old one in the garage before I open the door to it one day and instead of finding a frozen steak, I be hit with a stench that informs me that it finally died and when to freezer heaven.
I also have to start planning for my daughter's engagement party which is set for Aug 11. I'm trying to plan something more classy with just horderves, cocktails etc. Something more than just my usual meatballs in a crock pot and a case of beer! I let you all know when I come up with a menu.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Talk again soon!!

suetalks
07-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Happy week-end gals...Hope you all have fun times and don't spend too much time working. We don't have plans now until Mon. when we are getting a visit from DH's sis and her hub.
Today was not a good day food wise...not horrible, but not OP. I did ride 4 miles and got sprinkled on. :)
Cleaned house and all that boring stuff...(toilets and tubs) LOL
Not feeling too well...I am off to an early bedtime.

tommysgirl18
07-28-2007, 01:58 AM
hello every one! how are you all doing? nothing really new on this end....just trying to find another church to have the kids either baptized or dedicated at. Thankfully we live in an area that has a lot of churches, so we are going to pull out the phone book and start calling to see if they would be able to do it.

PinkJane~ Congratulations on the 170's!!!! That is amazing girl!!! I hope your blister is on it's way out and away from you!

Jane~ How are you doing?

Tammy~ We were actually planning on doing it on a Saturday at my parent's house. BUt for some reason my sister's boyfriend is afraid of crowds all of a sudden. Even though they have big parties at their house, they went to Autorama in March and he was fine then. My MIL said that maybe he was having cold feet or something.

Sue~ have a nice relaxing evening, and weekend!

FrouFrou
07-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Happy Saturday Ladies!

TAMMY...yeppers, that's me as well. DH has been working weekends though, and so it DS and I don't like to go to church by myself, just feel odd. Which is weird because there are lots of people who go alone. I am sure you will come up with the perfect menu for the engagement party, but hey, the meatballs sound good to me, lol!

SUE...meant to say yesterday that I hope all is well with your mom. And hope you get to feeling better. Like you, I am getting the exercise (walking) in but the food hasn't been the greatest for me this week.

MINDEE...hoping you find a church on such short notice. I was hoping your mom would change her mind. That's weird about your sisters boyfriend...thinking it was just an excuse maybe.

PINKJANE...like tammy, I too can't leave things alone, lol. I would have popped the blister too! I can't even leave a pimple alone...have DD and DH always telling me "Leave it alone!", lol. WTG on getting to the 170's! :cp: :carrot: :woohoo:

I went to see Hairspray Thursday and have to say it was soooo good! I loved John Travolta! As well as everyone else! I am going to have to add this movie to my fav list.

Went for my walk at the park this morning...3 miles. I have such a hard time getting up in the morning but once I am up I am fine. Just not a morning person at all. Going to clean house later, spend some time on the 'puter first. That's about all I have.

Have a GREAT weekend ladies!

Marti
07-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Morning Ladies--

This is a fly by this morning. Yesterday I had intentions of posting individuals but hubby ended up having a glass shatter and cut his hand. Poor guy.

Today we're off to check out some sales.......

I will try to pop in later tonight.

Have a great weekend!!

tommysgirl18
07-29-2007, 02:00 AM
just a quick post from me since I just came on the computer long enough to punch in what all I ate yesterday at the birthday party!

Cristina~ I actually, well me and Tommy both, got an email Saturday morning from my mom. She said that if we still wanted to do the dedication up at her place on the 11th that we could. She just didn't want a big shindig done for it afterwards, which is fine by us. (she even suggested if we went and did a light brunch afterwards) so on the way home from our nephew's birthday party we discussed that we will still do it on that day, just with my parents, us, the godparents, and Tommy's parents. That way it isn't as many people and it wouldn't be too expensive on us. So, that is where it all stands now.

Oh, and come to find out, it was my sister AND her boyfriend that didn't want to get married in front of the HUGE crowd (mind you it was only 50 people). So they are getting married at the justice of the peace on August 14th at 3pm. We are still going to go out to their new place on August 18th, for their open house/reception/our niece's birthday party. We were even told that we could use one of their tents, AND they would feed who ever spends the night breakfast the next morning. Tommy said "free beer, free place to stay, AND getting fed in the morning, oh he** yeah we will stay the night!"

Marti
07-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Good Morning Ladies...

Another one of my quickies this morning. Hubby and I are going to go look at some art show called "Starving Artists".
They have some oil paintings that are suppose to be cheap....we'll see. We've been wanting a real painting for our living room for awhile now, so this ought to be fun to look around at.

Hope everyone is doing great. I haven't walked all week.............shame on me!!!

I better get going. I will catch up eventually ladies...promise.

Hugs to you all! :hug:

Jane
07-29-2007, 09:04 PM
Hello, ladies,:wave:

Mindee - well, I'm glad all the dedication/wedding/open house/reception plans are working out after all. About the water, I don't know what's the matter with me, but I'm having trouble getting mine in. I think it's because I have been so busy going here and there, that it's hard to drink it all. Maybe I'll do better this week. How are you liking the Calorie King(?) by now? Sounds like you're consistant with it.

Cristina - Mary has flare-ups with her RA that make everyday chores so difficult for her, due to the pain and inflammation. Thankfully, the flare-ups are well-spaced for now. Not sure what the future will bring. It was sweet of you to ask. I want to see Hairspray, too. John Travolta is just so real, not at all pretentious, that ya just gotta love him!

PJ - OIC about the maps. Someone was talking about them at a Disney website, but I wasn't sure what they meant. About the blister, do you ever use BodyGlide or moleskin to prevent them? Might want to take one or the other to Dis with you.

Sue - how's your mom? Have fun with your SIL and her hubby tomorrow. Any special plans?

Dee - I'm a church goer, and although I'm not a bible-thumper at all, I don't like to miss 2 Sundays in a row. We have a great pastor, and the congregation welcomed my family with open arms when we joined. It's a Methodist church with so much for all ages to do. There's always something fun going on.

Tammy - an engagement party - what fun! Did you mean you're thinging of something a little fancy? Are you thinking of finger foods? If so, you could make those tiny croissants with chicken salad and lettuce, fresh fruit skewers, and some of those fancy little champagne cakes, or petit fours. Something I found that goes over real well is Sara Lee frozen tiny eclairs. They can be arranged so beautifully on a platter lined with tissue paper in the color scheme you've chosen. Just a thought. I'd love to be helping you with this, lol.

Marti - hope James's hand is all better by now. I've been to a couple of those starving artist shows, and enjoyed them so much. Did you buy anything?

Well, it was such a busy week last week, that I met myself coming and going, lol. Not too much scheduled for this week, thank goodness. I need to catch up on some things.

I was doing well OP (notice the past-tense?) then blew it big time with some candy. I let the episode pass, and am back OP now. I should have had a little candy when I first craved it, then I may have avoided a meltdown.

Have a good evening, ladies!

Jane
07-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Hey ladies, I just talked to our Jules, and am happy to report she's fine, and so is her family. She has been having trouble with the computer, but will check in when she can. Hurry back Jules, we miss you!!

suetalks
07-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Checking in to say I am feeling better, but not great yet. The old gall bladder flaring up I fear. No exercise yesterday, but I did ride 3 miles today. So, starting the week off on a slow note...but at least I am trying. Food was not good the last few days...so WI is not going to happen tomorrow.

Hi to each and every one of you.

tommysgirl18
07-30-2007, 12:13 AM
hello ladies.....just checking in really quickly!

Marti~ How was the art show? Did you guys get any art work?

Jane~ I am doing great with the Calorie Counter. I am loving it! I have gotten B's for most of my days, but Sunday was a BAD day. I got an F! Although I should of expected it since I was really bad!

Sue~ Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well, but I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. Good job on getting the exercise in!

I actually got in some play time with the boys on my in-law's floor, and then when we were at another friend's house we played some basketball.

PinkSands
07-30-2007, 01:03 AM

Thought I better check in real quick here...Hubby has a load that delivers here in town at Barilla tomorrow so he has been home since this morning...tomorrow my isp is taking us offline till the 1st as they are switching out hardware in the whole building, I should be back online by Wed. so I will check back in when I can...Have a Good Monday and Tuesday all.

Tammy- LOL I tried my best not to mess with it but it was driving me nuts and now I am glad I drained it cause it's all dried up now.

Jane - Yes I have Moleskin, I usually wrap my feet up real well but my walking shoes were just too far gone so I have retired them LOL

Mindee - Good to hear everything worked out with the boys dedication.

Sue - Hope your feeling better, I had my gallbladder out about 6 yrs ago after suffering with it for too long, I sure don't miss that pain.

Marti - Oh I love hunting for artwork hope you had fun.

Cristina - LOL I am not a morning person either I hate getting up early to exercise but what can you do.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 41 days away!

tommysgirl18
07-30-2007, 01:47 AM
Pink Jane~ Talk to you on Wednesday and have a great Monday and Tuesday! I am glad things got fixed as well.

I emailed my mom back and she is going to get in touch with the minister again. we just figured that if we cut it down to just my parents, his parents, the godparents and us, then it would be easier. My mom agreed and so we are going ahead with the plans. we just figured that we would all go into town to a restaurant after it was over with.

Marti
07-30-2007, 03:36 AM
Hello ladies

Up late and dying my hair. :dizzy: Just can't go to work tomorrow w/obvious grays peaking out all over the place. :lol:

As for the art work. Well the commercial that advertised it was a bit deceiving. They said that there would be sofa sized painting for $20. Uh.....the only thing we saw for $20 was a 8x10 painting. I suppose we could put up 10 of them above the sofa area??? We decided not to get one,,,,this time. There were some gorgeous paintings just didn't want to spend the money on it right now.

James' hand is doing ok. He was grabbing a little bowl out of the cupboard and it started to fall and as he was trying to catch it, the bowl had hit a glass on the counter and shattered as his hand slammed down on it. It was frightening to say the least. Nice puncture wound on his palm.

Well ladies, my time is up for the dye...time to go rinse. I know I said I'll do individuals, but I think I'll wait and catch up when the next thread starts.

You all have a great morning and I'll chat w/you then.

FrouFrou
07-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Happy Monday, Ladies!

JANE...thanks for the update on Mary...I had been thinking about her. I'm a fan of John Travolta...he was cute in Hairspray. I want to go see it again and definitely will get it when it comes out on DVD. Thanks foe letting us know about Jules...I was worrying about her and wondering if she was fine.

SUE...so sorry about you not feeling well, that darn gallbladder. Been there done that so I know how you are feeling. Lots of hugs to you and I hope you get to feeling better soon. :hug::hug::hug:

PINKJANE...yeppers, what can ya do? I've not liked getting up early, ever, but I do, have to, lol. Your trip is getting closer...bet you guys are getting excited!

MINDEE...glad to hear your mom changed her mind and everything is a go again. Sounds like you guys had a nice weekend.

MARTI...sorry the ad was deceiving. I've seen ads before here for those art shows as well. And they too advertised art for $20...of course they didn't say the size(s). Never did go to one though, was tempted but never did. Glad James hand is fine...that is scary.

Hiya Dee, Jules, Michelle, Vann, Tammy, MaryKate,Jodi, Sassy, and anyone reading this.:wave:

We had a bad storm go thru last night, ugh. Was without electricity from 6-10:30...I was worried about the food int he freezer int he garage. Luckily it was fine. But man, it was hot. What was weird was the people across the street and three doors down on the one side of us had electric...not fair, lol.

Nothing much going on today, really, lol. Slept waaaay too late for some reason, missed my walk and really don't feel like doing one. I may later, not sure...it is supposed to rain again so we will see. I am happy to say I am down a pound, a WHOLE pound, lol! I'll take it because I thought for sure I was going to see a gain. Last week was a terrible eating week. Going to do better this week for sure. No BD's or celebrations of any kind.
Have a good day ladies!

tommysgirl18
07-30-2007, 04:14 PM
hello ladies....nothing really new on this end. just same stuff, different day!

Marti~ I hate when that happens. They have those kind of art shows here in MI all the time. I wonder if they are the same ones.

Cristina~ Yeah, she changed her mind. I guess me hanging up on her and then sending her this really cool email written from a biker's perspective as to why he isn't here anymore. Cause after I sent it to her, she emailed me and Tommy about still doing the dedications.

If our power goes out for any amount of time, we are one of the priority apartments. Our office manager told us that the priority apartments are the ones with elderly people and people with asthma. So.....since me and all three kids have asthma, we are on that list.

Jane
07-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Since Marti's waiting on the new thread to do indies, I'll start it now, lol. See ya at #261.