Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-23-2007, 09:30 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default What the h#!!

I have lost it. Completely lost it! I swear.

I need help. Tell me how stupid I am. Tell me how NOT worth it that piece of cake was. And those Mike's. What's the deal? And 2 sandwiches tonight? With CHIPS! Regular chips? I went a month without them so what made me think I had to have them?

I have completely gone off track and can't even find the road again! I thought I'd do so good with my salad and fruit at lunch but I blew it at dinner.

My brother is home and I have had meals with the family since Friday. And tomorrow night is turkey and mashed potatoes and everything else. How will I keep it together?

It seems like nobody here is replying to my posts anymore and I'm totally down on myself.

I felt so good fitting into those size 12 pants but then this morning I was back to 187! 1...8...7! I was at 183.5. Was it worth it to have to work even harder to re lose the weight I've already lost? I'll never make it to 175 by my anniversary now.

I didn't work out Wed OR Fri. What the heck? Go everyday and then think you can just skip TWO times in one week.
I'm a loser. Help me get it together please! This weekend KILLED me!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

This happens to everyone time to time. You just have to get back on the wagon and keep going.

Also, your weight gain may be due to water retention. In theory, in order to gain a pound you'd have to eat 3500 calories over what you burn. It doesn't seem like you've eaten that much. I've had splurge weekends (some planned/some not) that I thought I'd gained after, but a after a day or two of drinking lots of water I was back to my previous weight.

As far as your dinner tomorrow. Turkey can be very lean and low cal. Take a small portion of the breast meat and don't eat the skin (3oz is the size of a deck of cards.) Can you help with preparation? When I make mashed potatoes I use buttermilk instead of butter and cream. It's lower cal and still tastes yummy. If all else fails, then just eat less the next day to compensate.

I know this may seem impossible right now, but as long as we are able to make small improvements over time the weight will come off. Please don't beat your self up over this! Most people don't gain weight overnight and it doesn't come off overnight either.

Good luck with your family dinners!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Put it behind you and get back on track.I know you can do it.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

Don't be so hard on yourself! You've come a long way, so allow yourself a little wiggle room every now and then. Just because today wasn't so good, doesn't mean tomorrow can't be better. Just remember, portion control and try to sneak in some exercise, you'll feel better if you do. This is not the end of the world, and it certainly doesn't mean you can't make your goal weight. Also, I bet a good portion of the weight gain has a little something to do with all the salt on those chips. Take care of yourself and try to keep your chin up!!

Jenny )
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:52 PM   #5  

I was wondering if the water thing had a lot to do with it. I didn't have more than a liter Thurs, Fri, and Sat. Had a couple Sun and was back to over 4 today. I have a harder time drinking it when I'm home.

I hope it comes off, plus some, by Sunday when I weigh in again!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, it just happens. I think after the initial binge you can weigh up to 3 to 5 pounds more the next day and yeah its usually water weight, if you get right back on track you'll be okay.
rosemarie0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:01 PM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Sorry you are alittle down..OK...maybe a lot down in the dumps right now ItsAboutTime...We all have our moments!

Being bummed out right now is only normal...staying in that funk is not good for you and you know that...that is of course why you are here!

So what if you don't make it to 175 by your anniversary...not the end of the world! Set your goal up a month and get movin'!!

Stay away from those chips...my biggest downfall!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:01 PM   #8  
300+ Chick

Weekend is behind us and history.Each day is a new beginning. No guilt and move on!! Hop back into your healthy eating and workout regimen..You can do this!! We all have bumpy roads, but the main thing, of not given up.. Giving up is not an option!

You have your size 12 pants that fits.. That shows a good sign of your working efforts! Be proud and knowing you are worth it and will make it to your goal efforts.

Don't let the weekend ruin your efforts.. Just keep plugging along!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:04 PM   #9  

Thanks! THIS is why I'm here. I'm feeling better already!
Old 07-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

You got it LILIANN! You got it!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

You're totally fine. Turkey is fine. Skip the mashed potatoes/gravy, ask your parents to make some steamed broccoli/carrots/asparagus/whatever you like, pick up a bagged salad for yourself if no one else wants any.. and don't go near the rolls. One day does NOT ruin everything unless you let it. You're stronger then cake .
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:08 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 3"

Time, make a plan for the rest of your family time/meals. Make sure you eat something (a salad, some veggies, an apple, etc.) before you sit down for that dinner. Just something to take the edge off so that you are not starving when you sit down. If you focus enuff to make a plan, you will make better choices during the meal. And you will feel better.
You are doing great!
GingerA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:19 PM   #13  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

aw hun, I'm sorry you're having a rotten day. Don't we all have them? I know I did today. Hang in there.

I think your dinner tomorrow sounds good. If you can get in the kitchen to help (which you haven't mentioned yet), then make the mashed potatoes yourself and use some low cal margarine and Vegetable broth to make them...this is actually REALLY good. The turkey can be good too..just stay away from gravy (unless you can get your own can of FF gravy).

We're here for ya girlie! Sometimes getting back on track is like getting in a lowered sports car and other times it's like climbing into a Hummer...today you have the Hummer so just grab a stool and get right back in!
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:25 PM   #14  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

"STEP AWAY FROM THE CHIPS!"

"You know what to do! Just do it! C'mon! Get a grip on it!"

Hang in there, ItsAboutTime!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:32 PM   #15  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Thanks! THIS is why I'm here. I'm feeling better already!
I know how you feel, hun. Two vacations, and a party for my father-in-law, within less than a months time kind of side tracked me a bit. I gained back four pounds, but I am going to be ok. I did the best I could with food choices, but I was human and had some smores last week while camping. Big whoop, I'm not the only person who has smores while camping, lol.

You enjoyed yourself for the night, so what? It's one night, and they'll be more like those nights every once in awhile. Just allow yourself that night to enjoy your food WITHOUT FEELING GUILTY, then get back on track the next day. See? Isn't that easy? It's far better than guilting yourself up to my weight, every time you have, heaven forbid, an "imperfect" moment!

It's ok to be human..... now, back to perfection.

to you.

You're doing great, be proud of yourself!
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote