Old 07-23-2007, 01:14 PM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of Jul 23/07

Hello, everyone. It was a pretty nice weekend. The play is going well. It's been interesting for me to watch the audiences. Some of them are nervous, some are analytical. The play is a mystery, so there are lots of different reactions. DH is doing really well in his small role. I'm proud of him.

A friend came from Ohio to visit on Friday; he was in our wedding ~31 years ago. His wife, one of my good friends died a couple years ago. It was so nice to see him. He brought a female friend. He was so concerned that I would be upset at that. I told him that I was glad that he was seeing someone and that he need to get on with his life.

Didn't do much else. I did some reading. Took a walk on the beach, that was nice.

We had some terrible weather on Saturday. There was a severe thunderstorm with lots of lightning. A house not too far from us was hit by lightning and destroyed.

So, how is everyone else? I think Melissa is on vacation.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:52 PM   #2  

Hi Lisa it was a low key weekend for me too. I took last Friday off so at least it was long and restful! Crazy weather around here too, very cool for July but I think it will be back into the 90's tomorrow.

Nice that you got to see your friend from Ohio. 31 years for you and DH that's wonderful! I hope my DH and I are fortunate enough to have 30 years together.

I do believe Melissa is on vacation and hope she's having a good one. Haven't heard from Susan in awhile, hope she's doing well and what happened to Lala....she hasn't stopped by to say hello in a long time...hope she's OK. I miss hearing from her, I loved her Ernest updates!

Kind of a quiet week for me. Lauren is away camping with friends in the White Mountains and it's very strange having her gone for a whole week! I really miss her. Hope everyone is having a nice week!
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:55 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies! I'm back to work and hopefully a more regular schedule.

The weather during my vacation was so-so; lots of overcast skies and some rain. We did go to the Canalfest in N. Tonawanda (NY) last weekend and had a great time visiting with my cousin. We did some things around the house and also did a couple of day trips. It was nice to be off.

I'm plodding through some things here at work but the nice side is that my boss is on vacation this week so I don't have any interruptions

The wedding is 2 weeks away and things are moving along. I went for my dress fitting on Friday and will pick it up this Friday. It's hard to believe that August begins on Wednesday!

I wonder too, what's going on with Lala; I sometimes check her blog from time to time to see what's going on in her neck of the woods. Maybe she's taking a break.

I was finally able to see my ob/gyn and she ran some more tests but haven't heard the results yet--I figure if I don't hear anything by the end of today I'll call tomorrow.

I'll try and catch up a little more later on.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:08 PM   #4  

Height: 6'0"

Hi, Melissa. Sorry the weather wasn't better on your vacation. I hope your report from the OB/GYN is good. We're on the same schedule; my appointment with the OB/GYN is this coming Thursday.

The play closed yesterday. It went well. We made money for the theater and that's what counts. My sister came to see the play. It was very nice visiting with her. I sometimes wished she lived closer. We went to the beach and had a good time. None of my friends like to go to the beach, so I go there by myself. Foodwise, I've been snacking way too much. I need to get back on the plan.

How is everyone else?
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:12 AM   #5  

Good morning! The weather here is like Florida--hazy, hot, humid--definitely not my kind of weather. It's already 76 outside and the temps are supposed to be up near 90 today. I know a lot of people love this type of weather but it's not for me. Hopefully next week will be cooler for the wedding.

Lisa: I haven't been too bad with snacking, although it's not been really good either. Monday night I ended up eating 6 points of snack stuff that I didn't need/want Anyway, today is WI day and I'm going to start fresh.

I talked with my leader last evening (I worked at WW) and I'm going to wait until after the wedding and until the end of August to see where things are at and then if I need to re-evaluate my goal weight. It's not something I really want to do but I think it's something I need to look at. At the end of August it will be 8 weeks that I've been on the increased dose of Synthroid and it takes 8-12 weeks for the drug to totally get into your system so I think that's being reasonable.

Wedding plans seem to be moving along--DS and his fiance get the keys to their apartment today so it'll be interesting to see what gets moved out of the house. It's kind of bittersweet. DS #2 turns 16 on Saturday and I keep asking myself "How did I get here?" It's going to be interesting because the week after the wedding DS #2 will be away at football camp so we'll have an "empty nest" for a week. That's going to be strange!

Pam: How are things going with you? DH and I are planning a trip to Maine in mid-October for our 25th.

Well ladies, I'll let you know what happens at my meeting today--I'm really not sure since I'm coming off of a week of vacation and TOM is due next week so who knows?!

Happy August!
Old 08-02-2007, 08:14 AM   #6  

Good morning!

I went to the meeting yesterday and was up another .8 I'm okay with that (not really) especially since I was on vacation last week and didn't track (journal). My leader is doing a summer challenge where you "pick 2" things from the 8 guidelines and a couple other things to do each week. This week I picked my journal and variety (protein, veggies). This weight has got to start moving. I haven't been snacking like I did before and I'm trying to make sure I get my 10,000 steps each day. It's frustrating. I don't know if the heat/humidity or the stress is the culprit!

It going to be another hot one here today--it's already in the mid 70's and the humidity is high. I don't think there's relief in sight at least not what I've heard. I just hope next weekend is cooler for the wedding!

So how's everyone else doing???