Old 07-23-2007, 01:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/213/150

Height: 5'7

Exclamation I am SUPPOSED TO lose 4lbs this week!

Ok well I went in the morning to COD. I got weighed and gained 6/10ths of pound for today.
Last week I went in monday and gained then a few days later I lost only what I gained. then I went in gained a few ounces and then today i gained a few MORE ozs.

So she said well for you to be back on with losing 2lbs a week you need to lose 4lbs this week! I said OK... and how do I pull that off???? I said you guys switched the plan to this new thing and since then my weekly lose has not been the same. I was averaging 2.32lbs a week and now I lose a few ounces if I do lose or I gain back. Well she tried telling me if i have a BM that will help me out too. well I highly doubt I will lose 4 lbs doing that!

So here I sit with the new plan eatting and eatting somemore to see that the scale does not change much for me anymore and totop if off I need to lose 4lbs this week to be on track. Nothing like putting pressure on me.

I just don't get it I am following this thing to the letter and this is still happening.
She told me well what about a portion control plate? I said isn't that why I have a scale?? to measure my food! Well she tried to sell me and I just said I will think about it.then it was get some snacks they are on sale this week. AGAIN I will think about it. She said , boy she does alot of thinking! I said you know it. they all said ya she likes to sleep on that stuff. I must be known as a cheapskate amoung them

Anyhow now i am suppose to lose 4lbs this week and I have no idea how I am ever going to do that , other then go back to old plan! I know that I will lose something I am sure it will be more then now which at this rate is basiclly nothing.

NOt sure what all the rest of you are doing to lose more then before but it sure is not doing anything for me, right now I can say I hate this new plan.
6digmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:39 PM   #2  
MyBoysNMe2

S/C/G: 168/134.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Steph,
Sorry you are struggling. I switched myself back to the old plan. I wasn't losing on the new one and everyone told me to give it time. I don't have time! I am not buying more weeks. Anyway, I was down 3.4 pounds last week. I still say if your not happy and it's not broke don't try to fix it...

Just my opinion.

KimS
myboysnme2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 283.6/262.4/175

Height: 5'9

I am finally losing now that I was switched over to the new plan (1/2 pound since Friday following a 2.4 lb. loss at WI on Friday). I started the plan on Thursday. Last week I also made the choice to completely cut out the bars and opt for the shakes and cold drinks instead. I think that might have been my problem. The bars have more calories than the shakes and plus now with the new plan I have to have an added fruit so I'm just mixing frozen berries with the vanilla shake in the blender with some ice and it's yummy! That gives me a Lite (90 calories per shake vs 150 or so for the bars) and a serving of fruit. Also, I joined a Curves to help boost the metabolism too and I think that's helping as well. I figured since they were giving me more food, I needed to up my exercise to account for it and it seems to have done the trick (keep your fingers crossed!).

I'm not sure which plan you are on but I am on Red with Lites and that's 5 starches a day. I am trying to keep them as low-calorie, light as possible. Mainly sticking with crackers and sweet potatoes. That's something you might try too.

Believe me, I was right where you are just a week and a half ago. I was beyond frustrated. Especially when you go in there and they try to shove more stuff down your throat for you to buy! Maybe try to up your exercise to boost your metabolism. Eat most of your starches at breakfast and lunch and save only crackers at dinner. It's worth a try. Hang in there and don't give up!
FatGalnAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:44 PM   #4  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Height: 5'6"

Don't be discouraged. You've been doing everything right -the weight WILL come off. Honest.

FatGalnAL -is right - I'm not sure what your doing for exercise, but it's a HUGE part in weight loss. I'd say 60% is exercise. Sure you can lose by just eating, but if you add in exercise it will come off easier (so they say LOL :-) and you will be HEALTHIER ! Plus you won't gain it back as easy if you "fall off" down the line. You need lean muscle mass.

Anyways -don't give up - maybe bump the exercise this week and really strive for a 4 lb loss !!!

:-) Positive attitude is also huge. Stress can really hurt weight loss.
Snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:50 PM   #5  

I'm sure you can do it
scone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:26 PM   #6  
Cathleen

S/C/G: 203.6/197.5/160

Height: 5' 10 1/2"

FatGainAL - thanks for the tip about the shakes. I didn't realize there is such a calorie difference. May have to give that a try.

I think KimS has a good point - if you were successfully losing on the other plan then why don't you just do it instead. It's not like you're going to get kicked out of LAWL - you are paying them to go in a weigh and receive support.

If you do choose to stick with the Feel Full Plan, then you might want to follow a tip my counselor gave me. She said to lose quicker, you may want not include the foods they list as "consume infrequently." In fact, the express 4-week plan they put new members on doesn't even list those foods. That way you are sticking to the leanest version of proteins, highest fiber starches, etc. You may already be doing that, but I just wanted to share with you in case you weren't.
cerwin4au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 153/139.2/130

Height: 5'5 1/2"

What about dropping a plan down to plan 2. I went from red with lites to plan 2. I have kept losing and I double checked my calories and I am getting exactly the same amount of calories as I was when I was on red w/lites.

Plan 2 is 2 1/2 protien, 3 veg, 2 fruit, 3 starch, 2 dairy, 2 fat

Cross check what you ate yesterday on your new plan and see what it would be counted as on your old plan.

There have been a few people at my center that have been put on the wrong plan with the new switchover.

Hope that helps.
sparklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:15 PM   #8  

personally I think the problem is all the starch I have I went from 2 to 4! thats alot to me. i think I may cut those down a bit and see what happens
Old 07-23-2007, 07:41 PM   #9  
**Lisa**

S/C/G: 214/188/140

I'm sorry that's happening to you. It's annoying when the scale won't do what we want it to. I wish I had some advice but all I can do is commiserate with you. I hope you start losing again soon!
Leesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:54 PM   #10  

I don't get it I started at 229 and am 5'7 if that matters. I was on purple with lites. I was moved to the new plan 3 and have been not losing much at all.

should I be on a diffrent plan wit less starch ya think???
I am getting so desperate i want to just throw in the towel and give it all up. I was afraid this was going to happen and sure enough it has!
Just when I start thinking this is it , it slowly all is falling apart on me. I don't think i will lose everytime but since this change its brought nothing to me but anger and fustration!

If I ask for plan2 do you think they will let me try it and see how it goes???
Old 07-23-2007, 08:01 PM   #11  
**Lisa**

S/C/G: 214/188/140

My COD doesn't have the new plans. I'm on purple with lites.

Your plan does sound like a lot of starch.

Try not to give up yet. You've come this far. I can feel your frustration. Maybe someone who isn't as new to this program as you and I are will be able to offer some suggestions.
Leesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Steph, I think you need to give it a bit more time, and maybe try to pick the lightest starches you can. I find that I'm really sensitive to putting on water weight when I eat more starches. I think you just tend to weigh a bit more when you have eaten more starch due to your body keeping water with the glycogen in your body. Once you get over the 1-2 pounds that you "gained" of this water weight, I bet your weight starts dropping, since you are most likely continueing to lose fat, only it is masked by a temporary blip up of water. That is the really hard thing about a weight loss plan, is that the fluctations of water can be more than you can lose in a week of fat. So hang in there, know that it is just water and you are still losing fat and see if eating light starches makes the mystery gain vanish in a day or two.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 153/139.2/130

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I think you should ask them to call the nutritionist while you are sitting with the counselor. They have a direct line so it does not take long at all. I think you should totally ask about switching plans. They need to help you with this and that is what you are paying for!!!!! They need to either defend why you are on plan 3 and give you some solid reasons, or work with you to switch to another plan. This has been going on way to long.

I used to eat 3 starches per day on red but my whole grain bread counted as 2 S - now it counts as 1 S - so I am actually eating more with plan 2.

I still wonder when I read some of these posts if I am on the right plan. I am still losing though so I am going to hang in there.
sparklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:16 AM   #14  

Can I call the nutritionist myself and ask them or do i need to go in the COD to do it??

I am not saying it does not work , I am saying I think it is not working for me.
I remember someone else was on here saying she was not losing anything , anyone heard anything new on her??

I am eatting whole wheat like 40 cal bread, it has not been bagels and that kind of stuff.
The COD said have Biscotti for starch. I said ya well there goes my fruit then also. DUH she wants me to eat Biscotti to sell me somemore.
I have never had someone try and sell me so much stuff in one visit!
1. waterbottle
2. 3-portion plates
3.snacks ( 30 bags of them)
4. biscotti
5. vitamins

She was not pushy but sheesh!

Last edited by 6digmans; 07-24-2007 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

Steph, I know how you feel. I plateaud for six weeks. My COD does not have the new plan, so I am not on it and I don't do the lites. I listened to them say week after week lets see how you do next week. I followed their every suggestion. I ended up breaking down after six weeks or so. I was mad. They weren't doing anything. I was losing weeks and money. They ended up putting in writing a guarantee for me that if I followed the plan as given to me, and I run out of weeks that they will continue my program free of cost until I reach my goal weight, and they put me on the old LAWL program (pre free-to-live) that has same number of exchanges but smaller portion sizes. Since they switched me to the old plan (now I guess the old old plan) I have been losing again.

My suggestion to you is to speak up to the COD. Tell them you are not happy. The old program was working for you and this one is not. You have paid a lot of money into this program for it not to work. I wish I had not waited so long. I now sit having only lost 30 lbs. in six months. I wanted to go wedding dress shopping in August - and now I will be lucky if I can in December.

They can switch you back to the old program. If you are not happy with the new one, ask to be put back on the old. I think it is great that they have a variety of programs. If the feel full menu doesn't work, then try the free-to-live...if that isn't working, then the program before that...Not every program is going to work for everyone.

Good luck, and I hope the weight starts melting off again for you soon!!
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote