LA Weight Loss - I am SUPPOSED TO lose 4lbs this week!

6digmans
07-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Ok well I went in the morning to COD. I got weighed and gained 6/10ths of pound for today.:stress:
Last week I went in monday and gained :headache: then a few days later I lost only what I gained. :cb:then I went in gained a few ounces and then today i gained a few MORE ozs.:tantrum:

So she said well for you to be back on with losing 2lbs a week you need to lose 4lbs this week!:censored: I said OK... and how do I pull that off???? I said you guys switched the plan to this new thing and since then my weekly lose has not been the same.:( I was averaging 2.32lbs a week and now I lose a few ounces if I do lose or I gain back. Well she tried telling me if i have a BM that will help me out too. well I highly doubt I will lose 4 lbs doing that!

So here I sit with the new plan eatting and eatting somemore to see that the scale does not change much for me anymore and totop if off I need to lose 4lbs this week to be on track. Nothing like putting pressure on me. :mad:

I just don't get it I am following this thing to the letter and this is still happening.
She told me well what about a portion control plate? I said isn't that why I have a scale?? to measure my food! Well she tried to sell me and I just said I will think about it.then it was get some snacks they are on sale this week. AGAIN I will think about it. She said , boy she does alot of thinking! I said you know it. they all said ya she likes to sleep on that stuff. I must be known as a cheapskate amoung them :p

Anyhow now i am suppose to lose 4lbs this week and I have no idea how I am ever going to do that , other then go back to old plan! I know that I will lose something I am sure it will be more then now which at this rate is basiclly nothing.

NOt sure what all the rest of you are doing to lose more then before but it sure is not doing anything for me, right now I can say I hate this new plan.

myboysnme2
07-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Steph,
Sorry you are struggling. I switched myself back to the old plan. I wasn't losing on the new one and everyone told me to give it time. I don't have time! I am not buying more weeks. Anyway, I was down 3.4 pounds last week. I still say if your not happy and it's not broke don't try to fix it...

Just my opinion.

KimS

FatGalnAL
07-23-2007, 03:15 PM
I am finally losing now that I was switched over to the new plan (1/2 pound since Friday following a 2.4 lb. loss at WI on Friday). I started the plan on Thursday. Last week I also made the choice to completely cut out the bars and opt for the shakes and cold drinks instead. I think that might have been my problem. The bars have more calories than the shakes and plus now with the new plan I have to have an added fruit so I'm just mixing frozen berries with the vanilla shake in the blender with some ice and it's yummy! That gives me a Lite (90 calories per shake vs 150 or so for the bars) and a serving of fruit. Also, I joined a Curves to help boost the metabolism too and I think that's helping as well. I figured since they were giving me more food, I needed to up my exercise to account for it and it seems to have done the trick (keep your fingers crossed!).

I'm not sure which plan you are on but I am on Red with Lites and that's 5 starches a day. I am trying to keep them as low-calorie, light as possible. Mainly sticking with crackers and sweet potatoes. That's something you might try too.

Believe me, I was right where you are just a week and a half ago. I was beyond frustrated. Especially when you go in there and they try to shove more stuff down your throat for you to buy! Maybe try to up your exercise to boost your metabolism. Eat most of your starches at breakfast and lunch and save only crackers at dinner. It's worth a try. Hang in there and don't give up!

Snowdogs
07-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Don't be discouraged. You've been doing everything right -the weight WILL come off. Honest.

FatGalnAL -is right - I'm not sure what your doing for exercise, but it's a HUGE part in weight loss. I'd say 60% is exercise. Sure you can lose by just eating, but if you add in exercise it will come off easier (so they say LOL :-) and you will be HEALTHIER ! Plus you won't gain it back as easy if you "fall off" down the line. You need lean muscle mass.

Anyways -don't give up - maybe bump the exercise this week and really strive for a 4 lb loss !!!

:-) Positive attitude is also huge. Stress can really hurt weight loss.

scone
07-23-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm sure you can do it:D

cerwin4au
07-23-2007, 04:26 PM
FatGainAL - thanks for the tip about the shakes. I didn't realize there is such a calorie difference. May have to give that a try.

I think KimS has a good point - if you were successfully losing on the other plan then why don't you just do it instead. It's not like you're going to get kicked out of LAWL - you are paying them to go in a weigh and receive support.

If you do choose to stick with the Feel Full Plan, then you might want to follow a tip my counselor gave me. She said to lose quicker, you may want not include the foods they list as "consume infrequently." In fact, the express 4-week plan they put new members on doesn't even list those foods. That way you are sticking to the leanest version of proteins, highest fiber starches, etc. You may already be doing that, but I just wanted to share with you in case you weren't.

sparklegirl
07-23-2007, 04:37 PM
What about dropping a plan down to plan 2. I went from red with lites to plan 2. I have kept losing and I double checked my calories and I am getting exactly the same amount of calories as I was when I was on red w/lites.

Plan 2 is 2 1/2 protien, 3 veg, 2 fruit, 3 starch, 2 dairy, 2 fat

Cross check what you ate yesterday on your new plan and see what it would be counted as on your old plan.

There have been a few people at my center that have been put on the wrong plan with the new switchover.

Hope that helps.:hug:

6digmans
07-23-2007, 08:15 PM
personally I think the problem is all the starch I have I went from 2 to 4! thats alot to me. i think I may cut those down a bit and see what happens

Leesee
07-23-2007, 08:41 PM
I'm sorry that's happening to you. It's annoying when the scale won't do what we want it to. I wish I had some advice but all I can do is commiserate with you. I hope you start losing again soon!

6digmans
07-23-2007, 08:54 PM
I don't get it I started at 229 and am 5'7 if that matters. I was on purple with lites. I was moved to the new plan 3 and have been not losing much at all.

should I be on a diffrent plan wit less starch ya think???
I am getting so desperate i want to just throw in the towel and give it all up. I was afraid this was going to happen and sure enough it has!
Just when I start thinking this is it , it slowly all is falling apart on me. I don't think i will lose everytime but since this change its brought nothing to me but anger and fustration!

If I ask for plan2 do you think they will let me try it and see how it goes???

Leesee
07-23-2007, 09:01 PM
My COD doesn't have the new plans. I'm on purple with lites.

Your plan does sound like a lot of starch.

Try not to give up yet. You've come this far. I can feel your frustration. Maybe someone who isn't as new to this program as you and I are will be able to offer some suggestions.

BarbaraB
07-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Steph, I think you need to give it a bit more time, and maybe try to pick the lightest starches you can. I find that I'm really sensitive to putting on water weight when I eat more starches. I think you just tend to weigh a bit more when you have eaten more starch due to your body keeping water with the glycogen in your body. Once you get over the 1-2 pounds that you "gained" of this water weight, I bet your weight starts dropping, since you are most likely continueing to lose fat, only it is masked by a temporary blip up of water. That is the really hard thing about a weight loss plan, is that the fluctations of water can be more than you can lose in a week of fat. So hang in there, know that it is just water and you are still losing fat and see if eating light starches makes the mystery gain vanish in a day or two.

sparklegirl
07-23-2007, 10:31 PM
I think you should ask them to call the nutritionist while you are sitting with the counselor. They have a direct line so it does not take long at all. I think you should totally ask about switching plans. They need to help you with this and that is what you are paying for!!!!! They need to either defend why you are on plan 3 and give you some solid reasons, or work with you to switch to another plan. This has been going on way to long.

I used to eat 3 starches per day on red but my whole grain bread counted as 2 S - now it counts as 1 S - so I am actually eating more with plan 2.

I still wonder when I read some of these posts if I am on the right plan. I am still losing though so I am going to hang in there.

6digmans
07-24-2007, 09:16 AM
Can I call the nutritionist myself and ask them or do i need to go in the COD to do it??

I am not saying it does not work , I am saying I think it is not working for me.
I remember someone else was on here saying she was not losing anything , anyone heard anything new on her??

I am eatting whole wheat like 40 cal bread, it has not been bagels and that kind of stuff.
The COD said have Biscotti for starch. I said ya well there goes my fruit then also. DUH she wants me to eat Biscotti to sell me somemore.
I have never had someone try and sell me so much stuff in one visit!
1. waterbottle
2. 3-portion plates
3.snacks ( 30 bags of them)
4. biscotti
5. vitamins

She was not pushy but sheesh!

Pastrey
07-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Steph, I know how you feel. I plateaud for six weeks. My COD does not have the new plan, so I am not on it and I don't do the lites. I listened to them say week after week lets see how you do next week. I followed their every suggestion. I ended up breaking down after six weeks or so. I was mad. They weren't doing anything. I was losing weeks and money. They ended up putting in writing a guarantee for me that if I followed the plan as given to me, and I run out of weeks that they will continue my program free of cost until I reach my goal weight, and they put me on the old LAWL program (pre free-to-live) that has same number of exchanges but smaller portion sizes. Since they switched me to the old plan (now I guess the old old plan) I have been losing again.

My suggestion to you is to speak up to the COD. Tell them you are not happy. The old program was working for you and this one is not. You have paid a lot of money into this program for it not to work. I wish I had not waited so long. I now sit having only lost 30 lbs. in six months. I wanted to go wedding dress shopping in August - and now I will be lucky if I can in December.

They can switch you back to the old program. If you are not happy with the new one, ask to be put back on the old. I think it is great that they have a variety of programs. If the feel full menu doesn't work, then try the free-to-live...if that isn't working, then the program before that...Not every program is going to work for everyone.

Good luck, and I hope the weight starts melting off again for you soon!!

stitchinchick
07-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Today was my one week mark on following the new plan. I asked to be switched back to the old one (purple w/lites). I was continuing to inch back up where I had been losing almost 2-3 pounds a week before. I have a long way to go to reach my goal (but I will reach it!) and I just know that the old plan is the way for me. I respect and appreciate that others are losing on the new plan, but for my body, that many starches & dairies just doesn't work for me! I am thrilled to be back on the old plan and am looking forward to having lost some weight by my next WI (Saturday...as we are closed on Thursday around here).

6digmans
07-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Well I am taking the plunge with out them knowing it sort of!

I am not eatting extra starch I cut 1 out and I am not eatting that extra dairy and see what happens the next few days. I am not going in until friday to see what will happen if i do this and when she asks me what I have done diffrent I can tell her I cut my dairy down 1 and my starch down 1. they may get mad at me I have no idea.

I thought about calling them and asking them if I can do that, so they don't deny me my 25% refund at my half way point. I feel better about doing it this way maybe its all in my head but I really like the idea of 3 starches not 4!

I am not going to lose weeks and not reach my goal because of some dumb starch and a dairy!

marzbe
07-24-2007, 04:49 PM
I really should just copy and paste this, it would save me the typing. :D

Plateus on the scale can happen and you can still be losing! I've been at the weight for 8 months--I was wearing tight size 12s in December, I'm wearing loose 8's now.

Muscle weighs more than fat, muscle weighs more than fat, muscle weighs more than fat! I lost 2 pounds last week, big deal, I lost an inch off the waist, that was so much more fullfilling.

It's a lifestyle not a diet, I didn't develop crappy eating habits overnight, I'm not going to break them so easily.

My body is losing how it wants to lose, I need to trust it.

Granted I'm on week 10 of maintenance so I've quit fighting or caring about the scale 2 months ago. ;)

Snowdogs
07-24-2007, 04:57 PM
I couldn't agree with you more Megan !

Almost every day lately I've mentioned how my scale isn't moving - BUT I notice the difference in my clothes - and I'm on the 2nd notch on my belt.

cerwin4au
07-24-2007, 05:55 PM
I just want to clarify something from an earlier post. Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat. A pound is a pound. However, a pound of muscle is more dense and therefore takes up less space than a pound of fat. (Snowdogs (I think it was you) posted a really cool link to a photo illustration of this fact in another thread).

The point being that your weight might not change when you are in fact slimming down. That's why it's important to also consider the change in your measurements.

In the past, I have had the experience of being weighed here where I work (a major research university with one of the best nutrition sciences departments in the country) on a very sophisticated scale that calculates lean tissue, fat and water weight. One week I showed virtually no change in my overall body weight, but when I looked at the breakdown I had actually lost fat but was up in water weight. It was really cool to see that and know exactly what had happened in my body. I had been successful!!! However, without knowing the breakdown I would have been very frustrated.

Snowdogs
07-24-2007, 06:02 PM
LOL, you're right Cathleen! Just like a lb of feathers weighs the same as a lb of rocks :-) It's just the space that each takes up is different.
That would be cool to use a scale like that fancy one -too bad I'm sure it cost more than my house :-)

6digmans
07-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Well not to be rude at all but that muscle weighs more then fat , 1lb is a 1lb like someone said above. I am not saying it does not work for some of you but if i am losing on the other plan and not since the new plan and this is my 3rd week. It is to much of a fluke that new plan no lose and the old plan I had lost over 2lbs a week and felt great too.

I am still suppose to lose 4lbs this week and with the new plan there is no way thats going to happen if its not showing ANY lose yet what makes Tues-friday a miracle to have it happen. the fat fairy is not going to come and take it away with all the food on my new plan. I think the new plan is fine if i can go to plan 2 instead of 3 one less starch and I think I heard 2.5 Proteins.

If the chance comes I will stop in tommorow to see about a switch in plans to be honest with them, if they say no well then i will do it anyhow and paly like I am doing it there way. I am not going to waste my weeks and get all stressed out over this another day!

I have a huge fever blister on my lip from being so stressed out and aggervated over this. If I hop on the scale tommorow and it drops in weight I know why, I cut some of my food out of plan 3 to match plan 2

Pastrey
07-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Steph, I think that we tend to know our bodies fairly well. I hope your COD listens to you and your concerns. At the very least, you know that the old program works and you still have your copy of it that you can follow if COD won't do anything to help you...

Megan, your words are encouraging, but perhaps more suited for someone who doesn't have so much weight left to lose. I think for some of us (at least me) it can be hard to accept the scale not budging when we are still quite overweight. We may not reach our goal weight when we get to a size we are happy with, but lose weight we still need to do...

emmysmom
07-25-2007, 09:47 AM
Steph - I know this is easier said than done, but...try not to stress yourself out over having to lose 4 pounds this week. If you're trying to stay at 2 pounds/week, the scale doesn't have to catch up right away. I have had weeks where I lost 0.2 pounds and weeks where I lost 3.6...overall I have managed to stay right about 2/week. So if you don't lose all 4 this week, you may lose 3 next week or 2.5...
I feel that your counselor telling you that you need to lose it all this week is just discouraging you. You've come so far and you have plenty of time to get your average back up. Hang in there...it WILL happen. :hug:

6digmans
07-25-2007, 11:02 AM
thanks! I feel like I am trying to meet a deadline ! It just plain stinks really, and now I have this fat lip from worrying about this stupid 4lbs and slept like crap last night I was up at 5am or maybe it was 4:30am either way I am very tired now.

I want to go see the cod and tell her what i want to do but I also want to just do what I want and say see told you so!

thanks for the support it is so very fustrating to have things moving and come to a dead hault and like somone said" have a long way to go" ...but not as far as a month ago!;)

Snowdogs
07-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Steph,
I feel for you I really do - but DON'T get discouraged or upset at the center or doubt that either plan works. Easier said than done :)

I went in to LAWL and signed up January 19th. Walked out feeling great about the decision and change in my life. About 1-2 months into it I started getting upset because of the restrictions and got this attitude
"What do they know? The counselors aren't dietitians etc. My dietitian told me this.. that... and that... and now LAWL is telling me this...." I got very upset and pissy and stopped going to WI's and then dropped out completely because "Who's LAWL and how do they know?"

I WANT TO KICK MY OWN BUTT !! for that decision! If I would have just shut my mouth and listened to them - I'd BE AT GOAL (or at a point I'm happy) by now- heck, a month ago I would have been.

But NOOOO, here I am only down 12 lbs since January because I didn't even START until June 1st, which was only 8 days before my previous set goal date.

So I say - as harsh as it may sound (sometimes that's what we need to hear) - Buck up, listen to them and just get 'er done !
(I say that in the nicest manor possible :-)