07-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Welcome Sonie & Mary!

Please check-in with:

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was):

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):

What's your best tip for controlling the munchies:

Before or progress photos (if you care to share):

Let's drop some serious pounds this week!

queenjane
07-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Ugh...what a weekend. Here's a short run-down: I had a houseguest last week, which made it difficult to get anything done around the house (and made eating on plan more of a challenge due to "let me treat you to dinner!") I visited my mom, had lots of company, ate out, my son's naps got all screwed up (due to loud company arriving during naptime both days), my mom was upset when we left (crying -- there was "too much commotion and too much company and nobody ever comes to see her when we aren't there"), my DS barfed superman ice cream all over my car on the way home, I only managed a basic fruits-and-veggies grocery shop, and the laundry didn't get done. AND my TOM is still hanging around and my seasonal allergies are in full swing even though I'm on a double-dose of my regular antihistamines. Ugh. Enough about my cruddy weekend -- today is a new day!

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):[/B] 206 -- BAD, BAD, BAD eating over the weekend canceled out whatever loss I might've had, so only down 0.5

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): 6/7 on no eating past 9PM. I went crazy with stress-relief/comfort eating last night. UPDATE -- why 9PM? How about I aim for no eating past 8PM? Or even 7PM? It's not like 9PM is a magic number. I've actually been doing pretty well on this goal, so I'm going to shift it to 7:30PM this week and see how it goes!

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Keeping "no eating past 9PM" and keeping a log of my feelings about food to try to figure out how to avoid the stress/comfort eating habit.

What's your best tip for controlling the munchies: Brush your teeth instead -- with really minty toothpaste. Most anything I'd want to munch on tastes terrible after brushing my teeth.

Before or progress photos (if you care to share): The same one I shared last week...
http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/queenjane/files/2007/07/car-show-before.jpg

sockmonkey70
07-23-2007, 12:21 PM
What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 196.4, down two pounds.

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I did reasonably well. I had a few slip up days, but who doesn't? I came up a day short on the amount of cardio I did, but there's always this week! (My goal was 1500 calories average, 4 days of exercise)

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): To get as close to my July goal (192) as possible, but not to be disapointed in myself if I fall short.

What's your best tip for controlling the munchies: Water!

Before or progress photos (if you care to share): Already posted the link, but here they are again.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/sockmonkey70/p1.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/sockmonkey70/p4.jpg

Ethereal
07-23-2007, 02:27 PM
What's your weigh-in: 204 - 1lb loss

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): "Downward movement on the scale + a focus on weight-training" - I did well enough. I followed the program for weight training, but was supposed to do just a little exercise the days I wasn't lifting, and only managed 1/4 I believe. =\ I find it really hard to exercise on the weekends when the BF is there/awake!

What's your goal this week: 6 days of exercise. 2 weight training, 4 cardio. I'm not gonna let myself slack like this, it's just the start of a downward spiral!

What's your best tip for controlling the munchies: Queenjane's toothpaste idea is great! Water works wonders, too, as Mary said. If nothing else, pop in a piece of sugar-free gum and chew away. I'm always reluctant to waste/spit out gum unless it's had a decent 4 hours of use. :p

Before or progress photos: I shared one last week that was intentionally unflattering (motivation!), so I thought I'd post one that's a little less scary to me. Taken the same day as last week's (around 5/20/2007):

http://www.chronalis.com/images/lethe/boholly3.jpg

Yeah that's my goofy smile! :D

2Bthinagain
07-23-2007, 03:06 PM
What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): Still haven't weighed myself, sorry.

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I worked out really well, but I caved into junk food when we had company over the weekend.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): I have no idea. It's a struggle just to "wake up" in the morning, I'm so tired. I guess my goal is to exercise EVERY day , no matter what type of activity I'm doing.

What's your best tip for controlling the munchies: Crushed ice & water
or frozen grapes.
Before or progress photos (if you care to share): I don't know if I know howto post photos. I love the progress photo of Mary, what a great idea!

hotmama2three
07-23-2007, 05:54 PM
What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 1.5 up/218.5, however it's TOM so not especially concerned.

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): OK, I'm getting bored with my cardio routine so I wanted to substitue 2 out of 5 day w/walking. I did't end up doing any walking though, but went swimming and bowling and did 'spring' cleaning plus two weight training sessions.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Exercise (any) 6 of 7 days.

What's your best tip for controlling the munchies: I'm truly awful in this department. I do best however when I have healthy snacking options on hand.

Before or progress photos (if you care to share): I would love to, but can't seem to be able to upload any.

queenjane
07-23-2007, 05:54 PM
If I stay on plan today, I'll come in at 1664 calories, 30% fat, 51% carb & 19% protein with 21g of fiber. I'm back on the horse!!!! And I revised my "no eating" goal to 7:30PM. I'm not going to be brought down by my crummy weekend -- the stress stops HERE!

Lookin' HOT Mary -- way to go on losing another 2 pounds (hey -- that's 1 perent of your body weight these days!)

Ethereal -- You are so pretty and your smile is FAR from goofy. I, too, chew the heck out of s/f gum. It's one way to keep from talking or eating!

2B -- one weekend does not "unmake" the progress you've made (:lol: I should listen to myself sometime, eh?) You CAN do this! I love frozen grapes, too.

Hotmama -- way to move, girl! Those 1.5 pounds will be but a memory this time next week.

Hotmama & 2B: RE: posting photos...if they're on the web already, you just take the photo URL and click the little picture of the mountains & sun above in the "quick reply" menu bar and slap the URL there and the photo will appear in your post. If they're not on the web yet, PM me and I'll tell you how to do that.

sockmonkey70
07-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks queenjane and 2bthinagain!! **blushes**

Ethereal you have a very pretty smile! You should see my real smile vs my camera smile... I look demented LOL.

2bthinagain how intensely are you exercising? You don't have to push yourself until you are completely exhausted! Sounds like you may be working too hard!

hotmama2three TOM is the worst! Sometimes I will show gains of 3-4 pounds! Good job on not stressing it too much.

2Bthinagain
07-24-2007, 09:13 AM
As for my workouts I do the "machines" at the gym 3 days a week, takes about 45 minutes, and I do a class 2 days a week that lasts an hour and it kicks my butt. Those are my 5 "musts". Then in between for cardio I ride my bike and pull the kids on the bike (75 pounds). Or I push them in the stroller.
I was tired before working out. Last night I swear I woke up about 20 times to go pee. I don't know if I'm going to pee because I am already awake, so I just go or what.
Did anyone see Dr. Oz on Oprah yesterday (Monday)? He was talking about the dangers of having a waist over 35 inches. He said that your waist should be less than half what your height is, so if I am 5'6, then my waist should be 33 or smaller. He said any woman with a waist measurement over 35 is living with the same risk of a woman with BREAST CANCER! Saying some pretty scary stuff. My belly fat is just driving me nutso.
I need to get back into fitday and start looking at what I'm eating.
Hope everyone has a great week.
I think I'm going out of town tomorrow thru Saturday but will check in while I'm away.
:running:

sonie
07-24-2007, 11:58 AM
What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 199 (back down about 3-4 pounds)

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I was just getting started. But did have two sodas over the weekend. They are like crack in a can. If they are in the fridge, they just magically end up in my hand. JUST SAY NO!!!

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Loose more weight and stay focused on healthy foods.

What's your best tip for controlling the munchies: toothpaste and altoids! Nothing tastes good after that. ;)

Before or progress photos (if you care to share): anouther of the OMG photos. (trying a bit of motivation myself.)

Let's drop some serious pounds this week!

Start Date: July 07
The Short Goal: 10 pounds before Labor Day (my anniversary)
Exercise Goal for July 2007: 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week
Weekly Goal for July 23-29: Loose the soda and find more healthy options for snacking.

I hope everyone has a great day! I am off to start my first 9-5 since I was pregnant w/ my first son, about 11 years ago. (I have always worked nights and weekends before.) Nothing like some more stress! Thanks to all who have posted, it is good to see how supportive it is.

2B- way to Kick A on those workouts. I need to get moving.

Sockmonkie- you look awesome, girl! I have the same basic body type--- I know how hard it is to loose.

Queen- think of the positive, I bet you weren't hungry after cleaning the car! :) My kids only get sick in the car on Long.... road trips.

Hot Momma- when I get board w/ my cardio, I grab some dancing workouts. I have a belly dancing one that looks easy, but really gets the ticker going.

E-real - you have a beautiful smile and w/ moving down, girl, you have something to smile about. I would be grinning from ear to ear. I think most of us feel our smiles look goofy. Mine does. ps love the long hair!!! Big hair is coming back. whoo hoo.

2Bthinagain
07-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Update on my waist measurement. I thought it was what, 42? Is that what I'd posted? Anyway at the gym, they measured 41, and when I suck it in, it measures 38, they said you are allowed to suck in, so that's good.
Just hope by Christmas it's down below 35.

Sonie - good for you on only 2 sodas. I love my rootbeer, and it's such a huge treat for me. I'm also have a hard time giving up COKE, I need 1/4 cup of coke to wake up in the AM.

Queen - I think that is great how you know all your stats. I keep telling myself to write that day, log in to fitday and I never make the time. Good for you!

Sockmonkey - I still want to try what you are doing with your profile photos, that is such a great idea.....I need to do that ASAP! Love the inspiration!

hotmama2three
07-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Morning Girls! Thanks for the encouragement and suggestions, I appreciate your input!!

I really, really want to lose weight this week and gosh I don't want to jinx myself or anything but I think this is going to be a good week (despite my migraine =) cuz I need it to be a good week -- if that makes any sense? I was at 215 before the 4th of July and haven't seen that number since. I will be seeing some downward movement this week!! LOL.

Photos, well maybe it's my PC, but I can't upload to this site. So I set up a group photo room on Costco.com, feel free to use it if you want to.

this is the link: http://www.costcophotocenter.com/groups/beforepics

P.S. I'm back at 217 as of this morning.

2Bthinagain
07-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Hotmama - I saw your pics! You look great!!!!
With everyones BEFORE pics I'm nervous about posting mine (whenever I get around to it.
How about a "Before" before pic? Like before we were a fat chick? LOL
;)

queenjane
07-24-2007, 05:07 PM
Sonie: hooray for 1-derland!!! Congratulations!!! :woohoo:

2B: Glad your waist number wasn't as bad as you had thought. I'm sure it doesn't really matter what the number is, though -- you want it GONE! You'll get there girl, you will! BTW, I was freaking out this morning b/c fitday was down for a little bit -- I'm VERY dependent on it! It really helps motivate me to see what kind of fuel I'm giving my body day-to-day. It's also fun to try to figure out how to hit the nutritional goals w/o a multivitamin -- where does Vit K come from, anyway :lol:

Hotmama: you are appropriately named -- look at those lips! whoo-whee!

katallan
07-24-2007, 05:29 PM
With everyone's "before pictures" I'm getting worried! I look like a rolly poly compared to you guys!

I got back from my trip late last night. I did OK on the eating with the exception of one meal. Exercise was a joke! I should have walked, but didn't manage anything!:(

2bthin again - According to Dr. Oz, my waist should be 30 or less! That's 8 inches to lose!

hotmomma - I agree TOM is the worst! I always weigh more and have a pudgy belly! ( well more than usual!;) )

queenjane - I meant to ask you, was that picture taken in Jeff City? I have family there and that looks familiar!

ethereal - way to go with your goal!

Congratulations on the weight loss everyone!

Now for me :
What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 187 - after weighing this morning I am back up one pound. Don't know wether it is from the trip or TOM. We will see next weigh in!

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I blew the exercise ! I must do better this week!

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Exercise ( again ) and pack my lunch everyday for work!

What's your best tip for controlling the munchies: I have two things I do - 1) Find something to occupy my hands such as quilting or scrapbooking or 2) brush my teeth and rinse with 3/4 mouthwash and 1/4 peroxide. Trust me, nothing tastes good after that!

Before or progress photos (if you care to share):Will try and download tonight. I got my computer working !:carrot:

sockmonkey70
07-24-2007, 05:49 PM
LOL If I put my fat butt up here for everyone to see, you guys can to! There is NOTHING to be ashamed of.

sockmonkey70
07-24-2007, 05:51 PM
HotMama you ARE hot!! If I looked like that I wouldn't event worry about losing weight LOL.

Sonie you look FAB in that dress! I have one of those bodies that just gets big ALL over *sigh* Sucktastic.

queenjane
07-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Now that I plan my calories for the day, I get really upset when I don't know how the day is going to go -- like today. I have a dinner presentation to make, and although I ordered the "vegetarian" plate, I have no idea what I will be served. Plus, because it's banquet-style, I know there will be bread, salad, dessert...and no way to load up on salad b/c they only bring you one stinkin' little plate (I guess I could ask for more, esp. if the entree is gross or loaded in cheese or cream sauce!) Or, just go hungry during the dinner meeting and eat when I get home (which will violate my no eating after 7:30 rule). Or just don't eat at all. I am budgeting my morning and afternoon calories very carefully to leave LOTS of wiggle room for dinner. I'm more anxious about the food choices than I am about making a presentation to a room full of corporate vice presidents and directors...how silly is that?

sonie
07-25-2007, 11:23 AM
QueenJ~ All banquet food is gross! (Everything tasts like fried potatoes and onions that have been burnt.) Good luck, anyway. I would head for the veggies. They can't mess up fresh food, can they?

SMonkey~ I gain all over, badonkadonk butt, thunderthighs... I have it all! Lucky me. :( Speaking of sucktastic, I was wearing those super tight panties that go all the way to the bra. (They were so comfy...NOT.)

Anyway, yesterday was pretty good. I didn't have any pop and drank lots of water. I also stayed pretty strong on the food side, too. (Except for a few pizza bites the kids didn't eat.) Does anyone else do this? YIKES!!!

I am also curious what everyone is doing for their "diet" plan. I am having a heck of a time deciding if there is a plan I can stick with, or if moderate portions and cutting out the junk food is the way for me.

I think there is something wrong with my scale.... any way going to start weighing in only on Moday mornings...

Sending some :dust: to everyone today. May we all meet our daily challanges! Sonie

queenjane
07-25-2007, 12:12 PM
BIG discovery: Door-to-Door organics (google 'em b/c I'm not sure if I can post a link). They deliver only a few areas of the country, but I'm in one of 'em).

I got my first "bitty box" this week and it's great! Super fresh produce & fruit and all organic -- and convenient (I love to grocery shop, but with my visits to mom's, it's hard to do. If I can plan well, I can shop every 2 weeks for dairy and pantry items and then just have the DTDO box delivered every week! I just gained 2 hours/week!!!!) :woohoo:

Sonie: my plan is to try to hit a calorie target between 1400 and 1700 each day, and to get <30% of my calories from fat and about 20% from protein. I also try to get 80oz+ water/day and 25g+ fiber/day. It's sensible (and cheap -- no books to buy, no weekly dues to pay) and easy with fitday. Oh, and I hate those spanx, too. They made me ITCH as soon as I started to perspire, so I looked less lumpy but I was miserable. Good job on the soda switch!

--K

Ethereal
07-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I LOVE the energy in our threads! I'm really glad we all got together to do this.

For those of you who have pictures you want to share, have you tried attaching them to your posts by clicking the "Manage Attachments" button (located a little ways below the reply window when you are writing up your post)? Just use that tool and find the file on your computer (use the Browse button to find it). I think that should work for your photos, even if they're "Digital Camera Big." :)

Queenjane: I know what you mean, my entire dieting change revolves around FitDay. I would be lost without it!

Sonie: My diet plan is similar to Queenjane's - tons of water (120oz a day or so), and I'm TRYING for 1500 calories per day, but I often fall short because I don't plan ahead. :o Normally I'd be fine with that, but I'm worried about slowing my metabolism down and/or my body going into "starvation mode." Not something I want!

Katallan: You and me both on the exercise! Not starting this week too awesome, either, due to a blinding headache yesterday. We can do this! :carrot:

2B: If I were you I'd put up one of each. Talk about motivation! I've never been slim so I don't have any "I want to look like THAT again" mojo.

Hotmama: Wow, hot-mama indeed! ;) You look so sweet!

Mary: Demented? :p I thought your smile looked rather cherubic! Very cute. :D

sonie
07-26-2007, 11:30 AM
I am wondering what "fit day" is? Doesn't sound too fun, thought. I am drinking alot of water, but still need to down some more. I am running a bit late today, may jump on later. Sonie

queenjane
07-26-2007, 12:11 PM
fitday is a website (free) and software ($20) that helps you log your calories, nutrients, activity, weight etc. It's basically going one step further than writing down everything you eat to analyzing everything you write down.

I had a great day yesterday (1700 cals -- exactly the top of my range) even with the cheese ravioli in cream sauce I was served at my business dinner.

Hope everyone is have a good day and feeling fine!

katallan
07-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Well I managed my exercise last night even with getting home late from an out of town work meeting, no phone service and no water! It seems the hwy dept and utility company are working on moving power poles and lines and they accidently cut both my water line and phone line!

My diet plan is low carb low fat at around 1700 calories. Bread is my downfall so I try to limit it!

I also do fitday. I like it better than a food diary.

Hope everyone has a great day!

hotmama2three
07-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Morning Girls! It's nice to be back; I've had a lingering migraine most of the week and the last couple of days I could hardly look at my computer screen without feeling nauseous. It's pretty faint now though, so I'm happy.

*{{Thanks}}* ever so much for your kind words and support. It's all a work in progress, 'hotmama' is where I'm hoping to end up. :smoking: :lol:

Sonie I think you mentioned eating the kids scraps. I've done it, still do sometimes, but trying really to change those bad habits because kids food is a big part of what got me fat to begin with. Goldfish are not my friend although I love them so. :p

I couldn't agree more with Ethereal, we have a great group!! And we're going to get where we're going together!! :carrot:

2Bthinagain
07-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Just checking in today. Not much to report. I'm out of town for a few days. Totally forgot my tennis shoes, and only have flip flops with me! ugh!
Hotmama - hope your migraine is gone by now. Those are so dibilitating (did I spell that right??)

Katallan - good for you....those would have been perfect "excuses" for me , but you went ahead with your workout. That's what we're all about !

Queen - cheese ravoli and cream sauce? I'm drooling. I still haven't started an official calorie journal or gone back into fit day. I keep saying I need to. I guess right now I'm focusing on my workouts and making that schedule a routine.

Off the subject of weight loss --- note to everyone--- My husband is going on a trip to visit friends and family ....about 10 hrs away. He has offered to go with the kids and said I could stay home (FIVE DAYS). I have never ever been away from my kids...but after a lot of thought and talking to many friends...I think I will stay home. I detest my inlaws anyway and he knows I would be miserable. Not to mention I haven't seen them in a year and a half....next time they see me I'd like to be skinny. I don't know how I'll survive but will try. I also have company coming in before that, so that next 10 days I might not be posting as much.

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

sockmonkey70
07-26-2007, 06:26 PM
2Bthin I think some time alone would be good for you. I hate my "soon to be" inlaws as well. Stay home, relax. You will have a chance to have some YOU time! Enjoy it!

Ethereal
07-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Hello again ladies, just stopping in for a moment today. Glad to see everyone's doing well, and I hope your migraine's gone, Hotmama. I had an in-betweener this past Tuesday that stopped me from exercising (blast it), and I definitely know how awful it can feel. :( Feel better!

Sonie: You may have already had a chance to check out FitDay by now, but incase you haven't, some of us have a link to our daily FitDay journals underneath our names (on the left side of the screen). You can take a peek at some of the info it tracks.

2B: I'm sorry to hear about the trip. It throws everything out of wack when your loved ones have to leave for awhile, but I seem to definitely work harder in their absence. Maybe I want to make progress and make them proud by the time they get home? Who knows!

Keep it up everyone! I know I'm counting on you all to hold me accountable next Monday. :yes:

heath13
07-26-2007, 07:59 PM
Hi everyone

I have been gone for a bit, but not stopping the journey of weight loss. I have decided to try the 6 week bodymakeover again. I barely started it when I originally got it over a year ago. I am on day two and feeling good. I have been on their site a lot posting and trying to get going. I love this site and thread though so I am back. It seems like you are all doing great. I will check in with ya a bit later. Gotta go have dinner. I am suppose to eat every 2-3 hours.
Chao
Heather

sonie
07-26-2007, 10:09 PM
I was just thinking how nice it would be to have a mini- vaca from the family. Dreaming as always.

Anyhoo~ enjoy the break and do some momma pampering. (I also like to hang out at the local book store, or go window shopping at the art galleries.) Both low cal/ low fat. hehe

And don't feel guilty... think of it as quality time with dad.

Still soda free! woohoo (although, if it were in the fridge, I would be drinking on right now) I need a will power pill. :nono:
Sonie

katallan
07-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Glad you're back Heather!

No soda's Sonie - Way to go! I haven't quite kicked the habit but I am down to one a day!

2B - I would stay home! You might have more fun than you think. I try to rest and relax when the family is away. It's not very often I get to take a long soaking bath without interruption! Plus I like the suggestion of the book store. I can stay in there for hours!

I am down another 2 pounds. And I actually fit into a pair of my size 14's!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

queenjane
07-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Not much time...off to meet with a trainer to set up my weights workout at the Y. Busy at work. Ate WAY over yesterday (1850 cals) but the balance was decent (<30% fat), and it's still better than how I used to eat! Scale's not moving this week though. :(

cuddlzandhugz
07-27-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi everyone... Is there room for one more 70's chick in your group? :)

I just joined and this looks like a nice place...

Talk to you soon,
Sara :wave:

queenjane
07-27-2007, 01:21 PM
:welcome: Sara! We'd love to have you here.

Ethereal
07-27-2007, 02:10 PM
Welcome Sara, glad to have you. :) Do you mind me asking what your weight-loss strategy of choice is? One of the great things about 3FC is how diverse our methods are, but how everyone gets it done regardless! :yes:

Got up at 5AM again today to work out, I'm inordinately pleased with myself (I LOVE sleep, yet always end up staying awake until after midnight, so it's a big accomplishment for me, haha). Pretty soon I'll be able to afford a Hoopnotica hula hoop + DVD and some Walk Away the Pounds DVDs to mix up my cardio, and my Turbulence Training weight training is going well. Starting a new circuit next week, can't wait to feel the burn!

cuddlzandhugz
07-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi queenjane and Ethereal and thank you for the welcome :hug:

My weight loss strategy is, well, healthy eating, which isn't hard for me because I've always loved healthy food - I eat more fish than meat, loads of vegetables and drink water and herbal tea - so nothing new there. But I'm cutting way down on alcohol, bread, pasta and snacks, my big pain points.
My biggest struggle is bingeing. I'm trying to control it by building in a small meal at 4pm to balance out my day (otherwise I eat breakfast at 8, lunch at 12, then nothing till dinner at 8, so I end up bingeing in the evening). So far it's really working for me. I usually have fruit or yogurt or a bowl of cereal.
Sports-wise I have a fitness club subscription I haven't used in over a year (cringe!), but my energy level is just below everything, so I started off slowly by taking a 30-45 minute walk every day.
I kept a Fitday journal for a few months, but I just can't keep it up when work gets busy, and I really want to follow my intuition about what I should and shouldn't be eating, so I can keep it up long term.

If you have any comments or ideas, please let me know!

Sara

2Fat4myJeans
07-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Hi! :wave: I'm Anna, and I need to lose weight!!! I just noticed the other day that I'm so fat, the rolls of fat on my back are starting to sweat in this summer heat. :(

Queenjane invited me to join this group since I have about 70 lbs to lose. I'm so excited to find a "group" - this is awesome!

Umm, little about me...

What's your weigh-in: Currently 200 lbs.

What's your goal this week: My dad had a heart attack on Tuesday and it really kicked my butt to get healthy. :( So my goal this weekend is to actually rid my house of junk food and start fresh.

Keeping the munchies at bay:Chew gum! I feel like I always need something sweet after lunch or dinner, so I pop a few pieces of sugar-free gum and it helps control the need for sweets.

Before or progress photos: Here's a recent photo of me...

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o149/traditionalbride/l_8c6179d23369dc4f1fa1dbaa2a88b599.jpg

This was the morning of my wedding, I'm pretty sure I was around 195lbs here. Ignore the goofy smile. :p

sockmonkey70
07-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Welcome cuddlzandhuz and 2Fat4myJeans!!

I have had a decent day. I didn't wake up until noon, and have been cleaning ever since. Still have to go play tennis in about an hour..but I am tired from cleaning all day! My fiancee's grandma (who bought us this house) is coming Tuesday and I have a huge final Monday, so I figured I would do housework first so the rest of the weekend I can study.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

cuddlzandhugz
07-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Hi Anna! You look gorgeous in that picture!

And Mary, doesn't housework count as exercise? ;)

Ethereal
07-27-2007, 09:45 PM
Welcome "2Fat"! (Heehee.)
What's your goal this week: My dad had a heart attack on Tuesday and it really kicked my butt to get healthy. :( So my goal this weekend is to actually rid my house of junk food and start fresh.
I'm really sorry to hear that. It must have been terrifying, especially since a lot of "matters of the heart" can be hereditary. Heart disease runs in my family and though I show no signs now, I know that if I don't do something I could eat myself into an early grave. It's very serious, solemn motivation, especially to have to watch your loved ones go through it themselves.

I'm glad you joined us. Weight loss is 100 times easier with support!

heath13
07-28-2007, 02:09 AM
Hi all
Just wanted to say welcome to those joining us. I really like this group too. I am attempting the 6WBMO plan. I am doing pretty good so far. It definitely takes awhile to break bad habits that I have had for years. Hope everyone has a great night. Oh by the way, my Dh and I went and saw Die Hard 4, and it was action packed and very entertaining.
Ok-night all.
Heather

sonie
07-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Hello everyone!

A great big WELCOME to the new girls!

2 fat~ great picture.

Heather~ what is the 6WBMO plan?

cuddlz~ YES house work counts! :D I sweat more cleaning the kid's rooms than at the gym. NOTE to all: if anyone wants to save $ and cancel their memberships, you are more than welcome to clean my house. hehe I am also trying to stay away from "junk food" and eat in moderation. ( I love chips!)

katallen~ the soda thing is killing me, I am rethinking- and maybe a diet wouldn't be too bad:devil:

sockmonkey~ funny that you are doing tennis, My 10 year old and I have been trying to get over to the schools courts and play some. It has been in the mid 90's for the last couple weeks.... but when it cools off some... look out.

E-real~ going on line to check out the hoola hoop. sounds fun. (I am silently thinking about the story at the emergency room when I throw out my back.) :D

Got to run get the weeks shopping done. Chat later....... (ps. that should be exercise, too.)

Thanks for all the great support.
Sonie

2Fat4myJeans
07-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Welcome "2Fat"! (Heehee.)

I'm really sorry to hear that. It must have been terrifying, especially since a lot of "matters of the heart" can be hereditary. Heart disease runs in my family and though I show no signs now, I know that if I don't do something I could eat myself into an early grave. It's very serious, solemn motivation, especially to have to watch your loved ones go through it themselves.

I'm glad you joined us. Weight loss is 100 times easier with support!

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, it was definitely a wake-up call. With diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease all in my family history, I need to do everything I can to lower my risk. Like you, my heart is very healthy now, but if I don't change, I'm going to be damaged goods! My dad is very healthy (he has Type 1 diabetes) and isn't overweight, eats right and exercises, but it also took him until age 50 to realize he needed to make it a lifestyle change. Once he was diagnosed with diabetes, he whipped into shape. Unfortunately the damage had already been done and two clogged arteries developed.

Well I got my tush to the store early this morning and stocked up on healthy eats, then I came home and cleaned out our fridge, pantry and freezer. I'm excited to start eating healthy again! I just feel so much better inside when I eat healthy rather than when I eat poorly.

queenjane
07-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Follow us to the new thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1795734#post1795734).