40-Somethings - Came down from the Mtn to introduce myself... ;-)

Hermit Girl
07-23-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm so very happy to have found this 40's group, it's just what I need. My name is Jen, I'm from Northern California, am a housewife for the time being (home a lot) up in the mtns, (thus my user name Hermit ;-) ....

A little bit about me : I am 45, in somewhat of a stifling mid-life situation, fortunately without depression this time around. I am kind of grumpy a lot of the time, mostly because I feel like I'm in a straightjacket from the fat that's packing *back* on (I lost 20 pounds last summer, gained 10 back) but am wholeheartedly now trying to get back in focus to lose 40 pounds to my ultimate goal.

From here, I guess I will mull over all the forums and fun places to go on this web site. I'm hopeful and looking forward from here....

~Jen

bargoo
07-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Welcome and good luck. Where are you in Northern California?

Slashnl
07-23-2007, 12:47 PM
Welcome Hermit! There are a couple of chat threads in the 40-something forum that are pretty active. You'll have to watch for those.

Hermit Girl
07-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Welcome and good luck. Where are you in Northern California?I'm in the NorthBay. I see you're in the SouthBay...

::waves::
:)

Hermit Girl
07-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Welcome Hermit! There are a couple of chat threads in the 40-something forum that are pretty active. You'll have to watch for those.
Thanks ! I've already started the blog option (my very first ever), and want to take full advantage of everything on this website, including the fun little chart with the weight progress, like you kids have... ;)

brismiley
07-24-2007, 03:22 AM
welcome :-).