LA Weight Loss - July 23-July 29

View Full Version : July 23-July 29

amy2liz30
07-23-2007, 07:12 AM
Have a great week following your program!
Excerise and eat right.
Enjoy your Monday I know I will.

Amy

Joni135
07-23-2007, 07:59 AM
What can I say....back in the saddle again! No weight loss last week, but I didn't gain!

The company I work for just announced (late Sunday afternoon) the sale of my division so this could be a very interesting week for me. How much does one get from unemployment....? Can I be a SAHM (stay at home mom) if all I have are dogs? Oh well, there's also a chance that the new company will keep a lot of us around...at least for a while.

amy2liz30
07-23-2007, 08:32 AM
The DSK(dear step kids) are going home today. 2 days of peace and quiet.
Whoo Hoo. Then they come back bright and early Wednesday morning. Through til Friday morning. Finally a place where I can vent my frustrations of being a step mom and not be judged. When I was doing WW every person who responded to a vent said that it was my fault that they were listening or always gave negative feedback.

Well my lunch bag is packed. IPOD for exercise during work and all the food that I need to get through the day. Tonight I need to print many fundraising letters. I need to raise $4700.00 for the leukemia and lymphoma society to qualify for this marathon. Please pray that I can raise the money.

Thursday is my first team in training marathon (walk) meeting. Saturday is my first training session. I am so excited. I will definitely be getting my exercise hours in from now until December.

Snowdogs
07-23-2007, 09:21 AM
Morning everyone!
Deb thanks for sending some of the MT heat to us here - icky. Yesterday was 93 with high humidity. Yes I know it's not as hot as other parts of the country - But I'm a North Dakota girl and I'm not fond of 90's :-)

I did manage to get out for a bike ride last night - it was still 90 though. It wasn't too bad, did 6 miles. UNTIL I stopped, then the sweat just poured.

Is it possible to plateau after a 12 lb loss? The darn scale isn't moving, it's been floating at 193/195 for almost 2 weeks now. I think I'm gonna do something to try to break it....

smjezzy
07-23-2007, 09:42 AM
Happy Monday all!! Hope everyone had at least a semi-POP weekend. Mine was pretty good. It was a burger weekend which isn't the best but hey, it wasn't Mexican food! I made a turkey burger on Saturday night. It was delicious. I threw in a bunch of pico de gallo and a little bit of bread crumbs. It came out tasty. DS got motivated to cook last night and made monster hamburgers. He had my 6oz all weighed and ready and I didn't have the heart to tell him I was only supposed to do 3 oz. I just counted it as 2P. It was delicious! I'm glad he's finally trying to cook. He's a great griller too. I know he won't starve to death when he moves on.

I'm having a REALLY bad hair day today. I even wet it back down this morning to try to tame it but it still looks like I just woke up and didn't brush it. Oh well, hopefully Mr Right won't show up today and if he does hopefully he likes bedhead.

I hope everyone has a great day and a POP week. I need my ticker to start moving down and staying down! Have a great one!

emmysmom
07-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Lots of chatting going on this weekend! I had to skim over the posts, so I know I didn't catch everything.

Sherry - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Pearl - you look beautiful ;)

Liza - glad mini-me's coming home on Friday...WOOHOO!!!!

Big Hello to everyone I missed :wave:

MomOfThreeTeens
07-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Good Monday morning everybody!!! I survived TOM AND my DD's 18th birthday party this weekend! Yipee! LOL I served cake and icecream Saturday and didnt eat any, whew!!

I told the girl at the COD Saturday when I went to WI that I had to convince my mind that its ok to stay the same at WI now. We're so used to getting on that scale and praying that it goes down. First WI after starting stabilization and I stayed exactly the same. This week I get to add an extra dairy! I'm so excited, I love milk! LOL

Just a few personals, I cant keep up on the weekends!

Joni-You'll get your big shorts soon chickie! LOL

Sherry!! WAY TO GO girlie! I knew you could do it. I know its nerve racking waiting to hear though.

Carrie-Glad your surgery went well, hope your vision improves quickly!

Hello to everybody else, hope all have an amazing week!!!

CandlePrincess
07-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Good morning all! Today is my second day of take off....yesterday actually went well. I did wake up dizzy this morning and it hasn't totally gone away. I can function and all...but just a bit swishy. I know my blood pressure is good...and other things are fine as well...so I'm wondering if it's a food issue. We'll see! Catch ya'll later!

mizzt
07-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Morning everyone! Well today is my last day of vacation and tomorrow is back to work...i fell off the wagon a bit on vacation but i did TAKE OFF with the knudsens and am trying that summermeltdown that was listed in the newbie section to try to get back in the swing of things.

Thanks Deb and Prazteam for ur help! I was totally confused.lol
One more question the STARBUCKS FRAPPUCCINO coffee drink i read can be subbed for JETSTART...just wanna make sure thats right? It says it got 180calories 3gmfat 33 carbs ....it doesnt say lowfat or anything...(hope i got the right stuff) and BOY is it hard to find in canada....took me alot of trips to stores and finally found it in an Irving Convience store about 20miles from where i am...our other irvings didnt carry it. ( i will cross my fingers this is the stuff)
Prazteam- We love bowling parties had my 3yr old sons there...what a blast. we made all the kids thier own bowling tee too.
Dan- I must say u truly are an inspiration...your picture shows an amazing tranformation! Do u think maybe some of the benefibre wld help?
Joni- No gain is ALL GOOD baby!!!
amy2liz30- WOW a marathon! We will say some prayers or you!
Snowdogs- Stay on track and motivated this time shall pass...the scale will start going back down..dont give up
SMJezzy- Sounds like you got a good boy cooking for you!
Emmysmom- Im trying to get back on track for the labourday challenge....looks like ur doing great girl...good job!
Kim- WOW! Thats will power!!!! way to go!

To everyone else i missed have a great POP DAY!

Mizz T

smjezzy
07-23-2007, 11:53 AM
mizzt - absolutely! anyone cooking for me is a good thing.

Repo girl
07-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone, sorry I have been MIA, this last week has been insane for me.

Joni- I hope that all goes well with your new company!

amylou7777
07-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Good morning all! My 6 day POP came to an abrupt halt at disneyland. I didn't go off the deep end ,but I defnitely found myself taking bites of dbf's ice cream and had a handful of M&Ms. I thought my family would be a little more militant about helping me/keeping me on track...but it all comes back to my own willpower. Luckily everyone here at home noticed my loss and inches gone. Went shopping with my Mom and actually got a pair of capris one size down! That was pretty exciting!
I'm determined to be back to POP today so that tomorrows W/I goes smoothly.

Still catching up on the weekend chatter, but I hope you all had a great weekend!

4us
07-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Happy Monday everyone!

I didn't do to good this weekend but I am not going to dwell on it...I must move forward! We are going to our family cottage this week...I am going to stay POP!!! And there will be lots of exercise too!

Take care all and have a great week!
Christine

Dan2112
07-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Hey gang...

Just a quick in and out post here, as I'm going nuts with stuff to do today...

Mizzt - I took some fiber last night and had my "activa" yogurt for breakfast.. I'm hoping for some results today.. Of course, Liz and I are going to a movie tonight, so it will probably hit right then...

Amy - As good as their intentions may be, we should never completely rely on family when we go to visit them, to make sure we stay on diet.. I know that all too well, by eating at my mom's from time to time... She puts out lots of veggies and fruit, and keeps the salt content down, but then throws out a big plate of cookies for dessert!!!

Have a POP day all!!

lizababe
07-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Hiya Everyone!

Joni - Yikes on the job! Been there done that with corporate media. Go to a doctor and complain about depression and anxiety tell them it's from the job. Then you can get disability that pays twice as much as unemployment while you search for a new job. I've never done it but my former co-worker did when we both got let go at the same time. She did much better than I in that scenario! Good luck either way!

Snowdogs - I'll bet you'll see a loss tomorrow after that long bike ride. Sorry about that heat.

Shannon - I hear ya on the bad hair day. Stupid TV station called me while I was in the middle of getting my haircut yesterday causing us to rush through it. Not good with long hair. I have to wash it again today to see how bad it is.

Dan - hope things are uh.. moving along. I thought you'd like this. The Comic con is this weekend attracting every geek in this country and others. Apparently, a replica of "The Black Pearl" was on it's way down the freeway last night so they sent us flying all over trying to get a shot of it. There were tons of events in town all weekend and several no fly zones. The conversation with Air Traffic Control went like this "Chopper 8! What are you doing?" "I'm trying to find The Black Pearl" silent pause "I'm not amused" "Yea, well neither are we."

JLem311
07-23-2007, 01:34 PM
hey everyone. just had a second to check in while the kids are resting.
julia's bday party was great and she had a blast! i have been eating ok, but i did have cake and ice cream. not stressing over it though. i'm enjoying myself. i did get on the scale a few days ago and was at 210. so we'll see what it's like when i get back friday. :) i usually stay pretty POP and lose about 3lbs, so we'll see.

i did go and buy a new pair of jeans yesterday and am 2 sizes down. :) yay!
that was great and i bought a few tank tops in the jr department too. very shocked since i still see myself as a "big girl."

my family came for julia's bday and i haven't seen them since march..so they definitely noticed the change. :)

anyways, gotta run. just wanted to check in. hope everyone is having a great start to the week.

smjezzy
07-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Jillian - WTG on the new pants! All your exercise is really paying off. Congrats and high five!!! :cp:

mizzt
07-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Hey Jillian! Your looking fantastic! 2 sizes down! AWESOME....Im sooo jealous... i will get there someday :)

Heres a funny story for u all....
Was outside sunning with the boy and because he was his pool I lubed him up with sunscreen and of course being the sweet boy he is, he was giving me all kinds of hugs and kisses out there and when we came in.....I noticed I had somewhat of nice tan happening all except 1 nice big spot on the top of my arm.....I have the babys handprint....lol...his sunscreened hand left a print on me and i tanned everywhere around it....it looks hilarious...its very noticeable that its a mini hand print....anyways had to share:p

MizzT

emmysmom
07-23-2007, 02:19 PM
OMG, MizzT...that is so cute!

Dan2112
07-23-2007, 03:20 PM
Liza.. Too funny about ATC!!! I'm sure they don't like those smart-alec answers, but sometimes, you just gotta do it...

MizzT- That's way cute..!

Jillian - Great NSV.. Way to go!!

Wendelina
07-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Love that handprint story, MissT!

Joni - corporate shakeups bite. Our company just went through one too. Lots of unhappy people, but once the dust settled things were okay. Good luck to you - and lots of Hugs!!

Jillian - Lookin good Chiquita!! WTG on the 2 sizes down!

I just returned from a silent retreat -- and of course in deals like that you just eat what they give you.. and you can't even complain about it! :-) I put my account on hold for 2 weeks at COD to 'recover' from my negative eating. Today & tomorrow I'm doing the famous "Emergency TO" using grapefruit. Hopefully that will repair some damages... probably nothing some serious time on my treadmill wouldn't cure either..

hdsqrl
07-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Hey y'all! Remember me? :) I'm still around, but haven't been able to visit the boards much. Got started on a new job about 1.5 months ago, and while the job is great, my computer screen is visible to just about everyone, so I hafta stay on-task, heh.

Did end up straying from the plan for nearly a month, but only ended up with about a 4-pound gain from that...and all but one of those pounds are gone now, as I'm back in the saddle again. Saw Pearl has returned! :woohoo:

I'm going to a new COD now as well, with counselors who've given me some new approaches to try than the last COD did, so I'm hopeful I'll be able to break away from my mid-to-low 170's plateau that I've been at for the last 3 months. :p Something's GOT to work, right? Eventually?

Anyway, just wanted to drop by and say hi, and that I've not forgotten any of you, and welcome to all of the lovely folks who've joined since I've been gone, and high-five to everyone who's still going strong!

And also, I've missed being here!!!!

emmysmom
07-23-2007, 04:25 PM
Of course we remember you, Megan...we were actually wondering where you have been:) Welcome back!!!

Snowdogs
07-23-2007, 04:50 PM
COME ON PEOPLE ! There's a candy dish on the receptionists desk today - full of candy from the parade we went to on Saturday. Sure I was able to stay away from it Saturday, but today.... Um, don't look in my garbage can!

LOL - I know...

I sit bouncing at the same weight, determined to get the thing to move down and what do I do? Induldge in too many Starbursts, Tootsie Rolls, etc.

Oh well, I know deep down these little candies won't break me - but I do know that apple in the fridge would have been the healthier choice - and of course the candy won't HELP either :-)

So here's to staying away from those worm infested candies on the desk ! And here's to another 6 mile bike ride tonight! :-)

Hugs everyone and good luck this week!

Joni135
07-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Amy - good luck on raising your funds for your walk/run...you can do it!

ooh...Liza - love that tip for how to increase my potential unemployment salary! I'm sooooooooooooooooooo sad.............boo hoo............................
I've worked hard for over 35 years and have never collected one red dime from Uncle Sam. I know I could barely get by on unemployment, so I may just have to ponder your suggestion. Thanks for the tip.

Wendy - thanks for the good wishes...so, what is a silent retreat? I don't think I could be quiet for too long.

Hi Megan!

smjezzy
07-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Welcome back Megan!

Dan2112
07-23-2007, 05:42 PM
Welcome back Megan!!

Lunchtime story to share...

So I go on my 3 mile quick walk and come back to have lunch... Sitting here in the breakroom are three of my coworkers who have gotten their lunch at some place called "The Hidden Chicken"... Anyway, their healthy looking chicken wraps (small tortilla, grilled chicken and veg) comes with a HUGE portion of fries.. While it looks tempting, I sit down and eat my salad and suffer no serious cravings or "can I have one's?"...

Sure.. It made me want some, but it wasn't like I was dying while they sat there and munched.. Much to my horror, however, one of colleagues let about half of her fry pile grow cold, which is, in my opinion, nothing short of food abuse!!

Joni135
07-23-2007, 08:28 PM
let half her fry pile grow cold...which is nothing short of food abuse....:rofl:

MTdebster921
07-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Snowdogs- I didn't send it your way, I just thought I would be nice and share:D. It has broken 100 here every day for the last 8 days. With the heat and all the fires burning around us it is just a smoky, hazy, hot miserable place, not to mention bad for people with breathing problems. My asthma has kicked into overdrive the last 2 days. I have stayed indoors as much as humanly possible.

Joni- Bummer about your part of your company being sold. :crossed: I will keep my fingers crossed that everything works out for you.

Jillian- Yay on going down 2 sizes. Glad you are having fun with the kiddos.

Mizzt- Too cute about the handprint. You got the right ones. The lowfat starbucks are hard to find if they even make them anymore. I think the jetstarts are about 140 calories. I did buy some Starbucks Iced Coffee italian roasts that have 100 calories and 1gm fat. I've never tried them before.

Pearl- Love the new picture!!

Megan- Good to see you.

Sat. we got an air conditioner after I got off work. We went to Mongolian BBQ for dinner. I was good and hardly got any sauce. I can't do the noodles, so it was all meat and veggies. Then Sunday, I get home from work and DH has ordered a taco pizza. I had 2 slices and 1 cinnamon stick. Not too bad, but I haven't planned food very well the last 2 days so I have ran next door to the grocery store at lunch and bought a frozen meal. Lemon water here I come. This week DH is gone all week, so there is no excuse for me not to plan things out and be good foodwise, Right?!?!?

NaomiZ
07-23-2007, 10:40 PM
This is my first check in :) Not sure what I am supposed to do/say but here it goes. I had breast reduction in Oct. so I go buy good expensive bras now, I bought one the day I started LAWL and I was in between a 38 and a 36 band so they added 2 rows of hooks on the back for me. I went in complaining that this $125 bra was so uncomfortable blah blah blah the other day so they fitted me and I am now wearing it on the smallest hooks instead of the ones that were added :) Also where I work just changed ownership so new tops BLECH but anyway instead of a large or X large I am in a med but could be a small YAY ME!!!! Some people at work have started commenting on I must be losing weight too, sure boosts the ego. I can not wait to go clothes shopping as all my pants I can easily pull off when still done up!
Yesterday and today have been the cantaloupe TO and I have noticed it doing it's job for the first time and I have done a few now (included in my 8 week summer program) SO NICE!! I can't wait for my WI on Saturday, I wish I could get in sooner but it is just not feasible it is so far away.

Katy66
07-24-2007, 06:46 AM
Hey everyone! I've had a very busy weekend and Monday. My great-nephew was born yesterday morning. My neice was scheduled to be induced yesterday but little man had his own plans. She started contractions Sunday night (his due date) and at 10:43 he came into the world. He is SO PRECIOUS!...of course.

I'm back to work today for a day and 1/2 before leaving for a camping trip. There isn't a lot of time to catch up on posts and do personals from the weekend.

Jillian - congrats on the new pants and tops.

Liza - you have this unemployment thing down pat don't you?

Joni - good luck, maybe an early, early, early, retirement is in order?

You guys are all putting me to shame with all this exercising. I've got to get my bottom in gear! I'm hoping to get lots of hiking/walking in this weekend on our camping trip BUT there will probably be lots of eating to go with it:) I'm planning on TO when we get back Mon/Tues to help myself recover.

Have a great Tuesday!

Repo girl
07-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Hey y'all! Remember me? :) I'm still around, but haven't been able to visit the boards much. Got started on a new job about 1.5 months ago, and while the job is great, my computer screen is visible to just about everyone, so I hafta stay on-task, heh.

Did end up straying from the plan for nearly a month, but only ended up with about a 4-pound gain from that...and all but one of those pounds are gone now, as I'm back in the saddle again. Saw Pearl has returned! :woohoo:

I'm going to a new COD now as well, with counselors who've given me some new approaches to try than the last COD did, so I'm hopeful I'll be able to break away from my mid-to-low 170's plateau that I've been at for the last 3 months. :p Something's GOT to work, right? Eventually?

Anyway, just wanted to drop by and say hi, and that I've not forgotten any of you, and welcome to all of the lovely folks who've joined since I've been gone, and high-five to everyone who's still going strong!

And also, I've missed being here!!!!

Hey Megan, you have been missed!

Repo girl
07-24-2007, 08:08 AM
Katy- Ooooh, I want to retire too! Congrats on the grand nephew, and have fun camping!

Naomi- Great about the bras, and the comments. I hope that TO nets you a nice loss.

Deb- We are dying of heat and smoke too. We got caught in a terrible dust storm last night that filled my car and my nose and lungs. I cannot believe how dry everything has gotten. Our area was declared an emergency drought situation in May. I am hating to see what September is going to look like.

Dan- "The Hidden Chicken"? Isn't that like KFC? Their chicken is hidden too, beneath layers of breading and fat, LOL.

I am hoping to have a sane day at work and go home at a decent time. My laundry and my new Harry Potter book are begging me to! I have to also admit that I have been POOP since Friday. Yesterday went fine until I missed lunch, and by 4:00 I was still on the dead run, and hitting the cookies, then later, the fast food. POP today, that is my creed!

Snowdogs
07-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Hey girlies & guy !

Here's to a POP day for you Katie :) Welcome Naomi !
LOL Deb- thanks for sharing :)

So last night I got home and let the dogs out since they'd been inside all day in the AC. We went out and I broke out the hose and the kiddie pool for them. Then I remembered - HOT DOGS! So I ran inside with Tundra and grabbed 2 hot dogs for them - of course then Tundra was glued to my side plopping her butt to the ground every time I stopped :) Silly girl.

I stood next to the pool and had all 3 of them sit next to the pool as I tossed in 3 chunks of hot dog for them to "bob" for! I ran in to get my camera - Tundra still glued to my side :) and tried to get a few pics but as soon as I came outside the lense fogged over ! Oh well, maybe another time I'll get some pics of them bobbing for hot dogs :-)
All three of them dunked their faces in for the pieces of hot dog.

I did another 6 mile bike ride too, I made myself keep it in the lowest gear too. I could feel it in my legs after a few miles. Thank doG North Dakota is as flat as a pancake! :-)

Here's to a great day everyone - stay cool and indoors out of that nasty smoke.

Jrny2aNewMe
07-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Hi all!

I haven't been around for a while as I was on vacation, and didn't have time to do any posting before vacation in the rush to get all my work caught up ahead of time. Vacation was good, but hot, but then that's what you want when you're sitting by the lake, right?

I did have great intentions for all the exercise/walking I was going to do while on vacation, however those plans quickly went by the wayside. DD had a horse show right before we went away and that dear precious animal stepped on my foot not once but twice. The first time just a couple of toes got bruised. However, the second time he was a little spooked and came down right on top of my foot, breaking one of the bones. So there went the exercise plans. However, still managed to lose 4 pounds while away, so not all bad.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Repo girl
07-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Dang Val, I guess that is what you get for "horsing around"! Haha, I know, bad joke.

steph618
07-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Hi everyone!
I just got back from COD and was down another .6 pounds since Friday. Not the huge loss I was hoping for, but I'll take it!

emmysmom
07-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Any loss is a good loss, Stephanie. At least that's what I tell myself;)

Loraloo
07-24-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm having a problem when it comes to weighing myself. I need some advice as to what type or brand of scale I should be using because the one I have I'm pretty sure is broken. I lost six pounds and two days later gained 8. That can't be right .. right? I need some advice as to how everyone is doing it. What kind of exercise, what kind of foods. All my mother says is eat right and exercise, but I think there's more to it than that. In fact I know there's more to it than that. I need to know some specifics. What are some really good cardio workouts people have tried with great results? I run and rollerblade, but it's not doing it for me. I might try rowing.. any thoughts?

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar053/slider-situp/lb/199/165/193/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

healthy2b
07-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Hi Everyone....

Joni- good luck with the changes at work

Liza - not long now for minime's return...yay!!!!

Amy - good luck raising the money - you can do it!

Kim - WTG on passing on the cake and icecream - great willpower!

Christina - have fun at the cottage and stay POP....

Jillian WTG on down 2 sizes...wow great job

Welcome back Megan.

NaomiZ - WTG on the loss

Hi Shannon, Heather, Dan, Katie, Amy, MizzT, Deb, Katy, Val, Steph, Snowdogs, and anyone else I missed.

I think eye sight is back to normal....whew...that freaked me out a little. I'm feeling better, trying not to take pain meds but I was hoping to be able to at least get out and walk by now. Still having some pain so I guess I'll give it a few more days before I start getting out and walking...don't want to push myself backwards.

I've been trying to stay POP but on the other hand trying to eat things that well help my body to heal at the same time.

I hope everyone has a good week.

BarbaraB
07-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Carrie, Good news on the eyesight! I'm hoping that you have a speedy recovery! At least you are staying away from junk food! That is great. Healing is more important that weight loss this week. I bet the eyesight problem had to do with the pain meds.

Laura, perhaps your scale is not giving a reliable weight. Try getting on it several times in a row to see if it is consistent. Since you can't possibly gain and lose that much in 10 seconds. Weight does fluctuate quite a bit from day to day, although 8 pounds seems like a lot. If the scale gives a different weight each time you step on it, well then you know that it is the scale. Weight loss is frustrating enough without throwing in a wildly varying scale into the mix.

Stephanie, 0.6 pounds is great for over a weekend!

Val, Ouch! sorry about the foot. I had a stress fracture in my foot once and it seemed near impossible to exercise much at all. Great to lose 4 pounds anyway, since when I had my stress fracture I sat and ate comfort foods since I couldn't exercise and gained 20 pounds! So you are doing great. As I'm sure the extra weight didn't do the foot any favors. I've had so much less trouble with my feet and knees since losing weight!

Snowdogs, I think it would take a lot of hot dogs before my Shar Pei got into a pool. LOL, he is NOT a water dog. Bobbing for hot dogs sounds so cute though.

Katie, is POOP a bad thing? LOL... Don't forget to eat! Take better care of yourself than that. I always blow it when I don't eat.

aggie2006
07-24-2007, 12:42 PM
hey all, just wanted to say hello, its been a while, again! lol..hope everyones doing well!

mizzt
07-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Hey everyone....this is a quick shout out to you all!!! Im working overtime every night this week and my regualr schedule thru the day...so this week wont be on too too much...
Well I have been POP Since TO which im happy to report i was down 2. something lbs after a full breafast and 1lt of h20! THANK GOD...I didnt even wanna go get weighed...im not falling off the wagon again until my 2 upcoming vacations to mexico and orlando...thats it 4 me...i hate the all the stress i put myself thru when i do go off plan....just not worth it...so i will try hard as i can to be successful!
well its off to the local municiple park for a long walk then home for supper and back to work....have good day everyone and BE POP!!!

Mizz T

Joni135
07-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Carrie - glad you are on the mend...don't rush it!

Snowdogs - Love the hot dog in the wading pool trick...is that a way to get them to like the water??? My boxers don't like water. Initially, their dog paddle is a lot of frantic slapping...sort of funny...DH really wanted them to like the lake; even bought a doggie life jacket for Charlie dog when he was younger.

Hi Deb, MizzT, Barb, Katie, Debster, Naomi (welcome!), Aggie (who pops in from time to time!) and others...Katy - congrats on the new family member.

Val - ouch. that had to hurt....:yikes:

Sure is quiet around here without Mama Nicole, Kristen, Cassi, Pearl, etc. posting. That's okay, though, I'm quite preoccupied trying to figure out all the "what ifs" with my job situation. I should know little bit more after a conference call tomorrow. Such is life!

Katy66
07-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Good luck Joni, remember that when one door closes another opens and it is usually a better one!

bizlawchik
07-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Hey, Joni, I'm here... sort of. I'm at work today and catching up on my work from yesterday so it's a little busy here.

As for Nicole, I she called me yesterday and wanted me to tell everyone that she's back from her parents' house OK, but her internet is down. She'll be back online within a couple of days though!

MomOfThreeTeens
07-24-2007, 05:18 PM
Carrie-Glad your vision recovered. Did your COD not put your account on hold after your surgery? I was on hold for 4 weeks after the TT because they said your body does crazy things after being put to sleep and that you needed to just concentrate on healing.

I stayed exactly the same at WI this morning. That means I get to add an extra dairy this week! Yipee!!! I LOVE milk! I'm so easy to please! LOL

BarbaraB
07-24-2007, 05:51 PM
Kim, Congrats on maintaining and the extra dairy. :carrot:

I love my cheese sticks! Also the occasional guilt free trip to Starbucks is great with the extra dairy.

I like the new picture. You look great. I need a better picture, as that one is about 4 months old and 10 pounds ago and I'm wearing PJ lounge pants, a 15 year old sweat shirt that my mother in law bought me in Branson and safety goggles on my head after spackling the drywall in the kitchen where we had the tile replaced in the kitchen. Such are the picture my husband takes. I also have some fine photos of me all sweaty with a fanny pack on from our recent hike...(12 miles on a 90 degree day) Every woman dreams of being photographed with a big old fanny pack on!

Wendelina
07-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Joni - Yep.. you guessed it.. a silent retreat is just that.. silent! It's actually a lot easier than most people think it is. You have your own room, the dining room tables have lazy susans in the middle so you never have to ask for anything.. and it's very relaxing. Living in the chaos of 5 kids, dh and a dog -- the silence is pretty wonderful! It's all about communing with nature, God and yourself.. I always enjoy it. The food was great too.. much to the dismay of my diet.. but what do you do?? I did indulge a little.. hence the emergency TO. (Dang cookies.) So there you go.. :-)

Joni135
07-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Wendy - so how long was the silent retreat. I could maybe last two days MAX....but I think it does sound really neat. Can't believe I've never heard of this before...

Cassi - thanks for the update on Nicole. Hey, in another thread Kim(phin) said something about your great loss....I missed it....did you want to post a "to the finish" number or are you waiting until next week?

TT Kim - I just checked out your pictures again. Seems like there's a new one in there...in addition to your hot new avatar. Boy, you must feel great. Just as soon as my body starts going through it's transformation, I'll post new pics. Right now there really isn't anything to show off....but there will be. Someday, soon, I hope,

MTdebster921
07-24-2007, 09:12 PM
AGGIE!!!- Whatcha been doing girl?!?! Are you home in New York or still in Poland?

Val- ouch ouch ouch on the foot. Hopefully it mends soon!!

Carrie- I'm glad that your eyesight is getting better. That would really freak me out too.

Kim2- Love the new avatar you hawt lil thing you!!!

Naomi- Welcome aboard!!

Steph- Any loss is a good loss. (weight wise anyhow)

My COD is having a big open house tomorrow with lots of specials, so I may just venture in for WI and see if they have any good deals I can't live without.

I went for a bike ride last night after it finally cooled down around 10:00. I've noticed an awful lot of activity going on around here about that time. Today we got some rain and it did cool it down a bit and knocked the smoke down some too. So I think I will pull the bike out and take one of the hooches out for a run.

MomOfThreeTeens
07-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Barbara-My DH took that pic for me to take to the COD for my after picture. Somebody stole their brand new HP camera so they hadnt been able to take before and after pictures. The manager told me to have one taken and just bring it in. Thats the result. I compared it to my before in my chart and OMG I was fat! LOL I dont even know who that girl is anymore. Thank God!
I enjoyed my glass of milk earlier!

Joni-Its amazing to me to look down and see my tummy now. I cant believe it belongs to me. And I feel so much better physically than I did before I started this journey! Funny how much better our bodies feel when we feed them right!!! I take a new picture every Tuesday just to see the progress from the TT. I dont really see any difference from week to week now but I sure am pleased!

Awwww Deb you're gonna make me blush!!!! Thank you. I went to my closet today and put on a pair of new low rise jeans, tucked in a white shirt, put on my black belt and boots and just said wow, that chick is me! LOL Its been a LONG time since I tucked anything in. I always made sure my shirts were long enough to cover my tummy. I had been a plus size for so long, that now I'm having to decide what kind of clothes I even like.

Prazteam
07-25-2007, 12:46 AM
Joni - Daggone it! Seems like I'm in the same boat you are! My boss came in today and having denied for several months that something was going on, admitted that the bowling alley is for sale and could be sold for another bowling alley or made into offices etc. So either I'll have a job or I won't. Or if it's a bowling alley, they may bring in their own management team and I'll still be out of a job. I'm not worried about getting another job, just bummed out about losing this one! Like I said when I took the job, I don't really understand why I'm here but I know it's for a reason and I really love it. Oh well! My boss did say that if it was bought out for another bowling alley, he would recommend they keep me on board.
Had a POOP day yesterday too but today was better.
Blessings,

emmysmom
07-25-2007, 06:27 AM
Joni and Pearl - I'm right there with you ladies:( We had a company almost purchase us a couple of months ago but the deal fell through. So I was talking to one of my "bosses" at our corporate office the other day and she said "You heard the good news, right?"...meaning that the sale fell through. So we were talking about starting budget (yuck!), etc. and she says something about us not being sold before then because there are no active lookers right now. So I said, "We're still being sold?" and she says "Well, yeah, you knew that, right?" UGGHHHH!!!! No, I didn't!!!!! It thought it was just one potential buyer - end of story!!!
So now I'm deciding where my future should go. I mean, I think I would still have a job, but I just don't know if my heart will be in it anymore. It would be like starting a whole new job, just in the same building, ya know? So I'm looking into selling health benefits. It's something I kinda stumbled upon in my quest to find an affordable way to insure my family since my DH is self-employed.
Anyway, I'm babbling...sorry. Sometimes change is a good thing, but sometimes you just don't want it, ya know?
Oh, and on top of all that, my boss was offered a job at one of our other stations in MO...with the same company. So with everything going on with our possible sale, he's thinking about taking it!!! New boss, new company...don't want to do it:(

Repo girl
07-25-2007, 09:06 AM
hey all, just wanted to say hello, its been a while, again! lol..hope everyones doing well!

Hey Aggie, good to see you! Are you in the states this summer?

smjezzy
07-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Morning gang. Sounds like a rash of bad news in the job dept. I will keep you both (joni and pearl) in my thoughts. Hopefully they'll keep you on. I know the old "one door closes, another opens" but it sure never feels good to be in the "unknown" state. I'm sending good thoughts and vibes your way.

Sounds like the weight loss is going well for most. WTG and keep up the good work. I'm waiting for this new program to start working for me. I'm back to yo yo'ing again. Up 2 down 2 up 2 down 2. Very frustrating. I'll just keep plugging away right? That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

Another day, another opportunity to stay on plan! Have a great one

Repo girl
07-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Morning everyone! We had a beautiful rain storm yesterday afternoon, and continued to sprinkle off and on all night. Everything feels so cool, and the dust all over everything has been washed away. Today is going to be a wonderful day!

Cassie- Thanks for the update on Nicole, I have been wondering what was going on with her. How are you feeling?

Pearl- Oh, sorry about the bowling alley. I know that you hae enjoyed your work there. You seem to be a mouthpiece to the universe, though. You are placed in certain situations for specific purposes. So, what ever happens with the job, I am certain that it will be exactly as it should be.

Tina and Joni- I have suspected for a while now that my boss has been attempting to sell the daycare. He denies it, but people call here every so often claiming that they heard we are being sold, and wondering about it. I hope that you both see the best possible outcome.

Kim- It sounds like you need to go shopping!

Barb- POOP= Pretty Obviously Off Plan. The opposite of POP.

Mizz T- Great loss!

Wendy- Hmmm, I think that I would get kicked out of the silent retreat!

Deb- Hope that you had a great bike ride.

Angie- Just wondering if you are back from NY yet. I am still thinking about you and your family.

Alright everyone, lets make it a great, POP day!

hdsqrl
07-25-2007, 09:45 AM
OMG, Kim, I finally went back and looked at your more recent TT photos...they are incredible!!! :D :woohoo:

I've got about 6 more pounds to lose before I can start looking into one of those for myself...c'mon six pounds!!!

KrispieD
07-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Morning everyone
Glad to see you Cassi and thanks for the update on Nicole too. Pearl I know that job has been a blessing for you so we'll have to wait and see what fate decides for you.. I know you have brought a lot of joy and laughter to that place and hopefully they will see what a godsend you are.. much like we do!
We had a crazy weekend and PMS seems to be rearing it's head this week so I'm doing what I do when frazzled.. sorting out the nest! Have been having a few indulgences on the weekends but keep myself on track during the week. It usually means a bit of a gain on Monday, losing during the week but no real weight losses anymore. I'm going to enjoy the summer and in the fall will aim for that ultimate goal of 151 for my 100lbs loss. It's odd going to weigh in only once a week but I find it still keeps me so on track and the changes in lifestyle still really control my eating..thank goodness!
Sorry for all the job chaos some of you are facing and congrats on not giving into the emotional eating.. it's hard I know. I also know a lot of you have had problems with your COD but remember YOU are the customer, YOU are the one losing weight and it's YOUR choice what plan is best.. the staff are counsellors to counsel you but YOU are in charge so make sure you do what feels right and is best for you.
Angie hope you check in and Aggie great to see you back.
Hello to all our new folks and :hug: to Cassi, Joni, Lettie, Dan and Liz, Libby, Shannon, Val, Debster, Kims and Wendys, Jillian, Tina, Katies and all the GREAT losers here!! Megan so great to see you... go knock those six off sweetie!

Joni135
07-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Gosh....I never knew there would be so much support when I mentioned my job change...loss (??). You are all the greatest and it actually really helps to hear how others are doing. I guess only the self-employed can control their work fate...we are all vulnerable. But I, personally, don't have the desire to venture out on my own....at least not right now. I like the security of knowing my benefits are covered and a check will be put in the bank every other week. Will I ever get rich this way? No....but life seems a little bit easier and more relaxed this way. That being said, Katie, Tina, Pearl....hope it all turns out for you guys too.

Kristen - Ever since they told us about our work situation, I've been sort of wandering around my house doing odd projects. Cleaned out the hall closet and convinced DH to donate some clothing items he hasn't worn in over 8 years. He's sentimental about some of the things, but I convinced him that someone was needy and would actually wear them. It worked and he gave them up. And just so you know, I did NOT make him give up his letter jacket from high school!

Lettie - I had a dream about you...how did DH's interviews wind up??

Tina - just wait....the older I get the less I embrace change. I'm all about hanging out in my comfort zone, although I also hear that is not good in this fast-paced day and age. Change is good; we should embrace it and learn from it and go with it...blah blah blah!

Deb - cute motorcycle in your ticker........"hooches"...haha

Kim - I wanna tuck in my shirt too!

Katy66
07-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Morning. Sorry to hear about the craziness some of you are experiencing at work. I'm sure things will work out for the best for each of you. My morning started off pretty crappy...my DH backed right into my car as he was leaving. Bumper and tail light are shot. He is of course beating himself up about it. Said he couldn't believe I wasn't mad to which I responded he better remember that if I ever backed into his:) Then DD wanted to get all clingy when I took her to daycare. Not sure what was going on but I left her all teary eyed. Good thing I'm picking her up early today or I would worry myself to silly.

Staying on plan has been pretty hard the past few days. Not sure what is up. My schedule has been different too, off on Monday for the baby. Out late yesterday getting things ready for camping, etc. I haven't strayed much, an extra something here and not enough of another. My home scale is showing down though so I'll take it.....who knows though since I know it takes a few days for being bad to show up. I'm planning on TO next week when we return from camping. Thanks to all of you on the Knudsens tip. The other thing I've promised myself for next week is a visit to the gym. I've got to get myself in gear when it comes to exercising. You swimmers and bikers are inspiring me:)

Well I better run. Hope everyone has a great POP day and keep up the losing!

KrispieD
07-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Kim - I wanna tuck in my shirt too!

Oh I can tuck in my shirt.. it just looks like the wrapper went on the wrong part of the muffin!:D

JLem311
07-25-2007, 10:51 AM
hey everyone. quick check in while the kids are playing..
i feel so out of it since i haven't been able to check in and catch up with everyone on here. so i hope y'all haven't forgotten about me!
i fly back on friday morning around 11am CT, so i'm trying to soak up each second with the kids. the week has flown by and i always dread when i have to go back home. someday soon, we'll be closer and i won't have to do this. but right now it's very tough.

anyways, i've been doing pretty decent on staying on track with my plan. a few slips here and there but nothing too huge. i'm not too worrried about it.

ok, well, time is up, the kids are about to kill each other if i don't intervene!
gotta go!

oh and kim--great new pic! you look amazing!

hello to everyone--sorry no time to personalize right now, but i'm thinking of you all.

CandlePrincess
07-25-2007, 11:50 AM
well it's WI day. I'm not "feeling" like I've lost weight...we'll see. I actually could go back to bed and sleep for some reason I'm so tired and have no energy. I'll check back in later.

Dan2112
07-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Morning gang...

Feeling a bit under the weather today, but I'm sure I'll power through.. Spent yesterday up in the mountains, in the rain, with no jacket.. Figures, right?

Nothing much new here.. Can't seem to get below 202, but the last few pounds are the hardest... Liz and I haven't been 100% POP, but I think that's mostly because the kids haven't been here this week. It's tough not knowing how things are going with them at camp, but I'm sure they're having a great time.. Otherwise, we would have heard something..

Hope you all are doing well today and staying on plan!!!
Keep it up and stay away from the salt!!

LizzyW
07-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Well HI everybody. Sorry it has been so long. I haven't touched my computer when I get home in quite a long time. But I do have some time at work today to say hey. So HEY!!!

I am doing well. Still holding at the 171/173 mark. You would think I am on stabilization. HA.

Dan and I went to see Harry Potter on Monday. What a great movie. I have been wanting to see it before it even came out. Now I can't wait for the next one next year. Plus my daughter got her book on Saturday and guess who is reading it while the kids are away. Dan!! I told him he had better finish it before DD gets back because she is going to want to read it. LOL

Sorry to hear about the job situations. My company was bought out, or as they like to say merged (HA), over a year ago and man have things changed. We got to keep all our jobs, but many of us have quit since then. We are going through structural changes and team building exercises. Wuppy. I think the team building is such a waste of time. Don't ever think management is doing a bad job by golly. It is us little people that seems to have the problem. BS I say. We little people work great together and know what we are doing. It is management that seems to have the problems. OK off the ranting express.

Anyway, have to go. I do have work to do. Hope everyone has a POP day, or at least close to it.

Liz

space99s1
07-25-2007, 12:30 PM
Hello everyone..

Just wanted to pop in and say "Hi". Sorry about the job situations. Very stressful and I certainly sympathize as I have been in that situation before. Try to console yourself in the notion that whatever happens, it is usually for the best in the long run. I know it is small comfort with the possiblity of an immediate impact on incoming money into the household, but that has been my experience anyway.

My mother has been in the hospital (again) since Monday. Thank goodness she is now in a Boston hospital instead of the backwoods of Maine. My mother has numerous health issues and has been hospitalized several times in the last few years.

I did very POP during the weekend despite eating out every night. But, on Monday evening, I was still at the hospital and not only ate late but I had a "chicken and broccoli" stirfry entree in the cafeteria. I limited the rice but OMG that was sooooooooooo salty! So, no surprise when I got up the next morning and I felt like a water balloon...and yes, I still went in to weigh in..and yes, as expected, I was up 3 lbs. But hey, I knew why and the counselor was quite understanding about it. I'm not worried. I've seen it before and I'll be down and then some on Friday. :)

Oh well...back to work. Suzette

MTdebster921
07-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Morning all-

Katie- We had a little rainshower here yesterday too. It did cool things down and settle the smoke. It's only 70 here right now, where it would have been in the 90's already.

Katy- Sorry about the bad morning, hopefully the rest of the day will go better. Have fun on your camping trip.

"HI" to everybody I missed.

So yesterday after I got off of here, I went out and filled the pool up for the dogs, they were really happy about it. Our oldest one just gets in and lays down, the middle one walks around the outside of the pool and bites at the water and the puppy likes to drop things in there and go diving for them. Someday I will get all this on video. I am usually too busy laughing to remember the camera. So after I filled the pool and threw the tennis ball for about 20 minutes, I went on my bike ride. Short one around the block a couple of times with each of the 2 younger dogs, then onto my longer bike ride. It's about 2 1/2 miles up the road to the river and back with some decent hills on the way. I thought I wasn't going to make it a couple of times, but toughed it out and made it!! Legs were like rubber when I got back home though. Gotta be doing that more often. Then I got the weed eater out and then mowed the yard, so I think I got my exercise quota in for the day.

Off to WI and see what great deals I can't live without!!

BarbaraB
07-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Confessions of a cake eater.

I know on maintenance you can fit in a piece of cake, but I ate TWO of them. Oops. Well it was delicious. Had my repentance on the elliptical for an hour (said I burned off 800 calories so maybe that was even more than the cake). Somehow I rationalized it as they were small pieces of cake. Oh well... also got up for the 5:45AM spin cycling class, so between those two now I have to stop feeling bad about that cake... and hope there isn't any left in the lunch room! German chocolate and chocolate raspberry are both weaknesses of mine and I just HAD to try both (don't know why I needed a whole piece of each, even if they were small ones).

Oh well.. I guess that is POOP Katie...

dolphn545
07-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Hey Everyone! :wave:

Just popping in to say hi. Had WI this morning. Down a couple ounces, but I will take it! Hopefully Friday will be nicer to me. Bought the LA shake mix, brought it home and threw it in the blender with some fresh strawberries. It was pretty good! I couldn't believe that it actually got thick too.

Hope everyone has a great POP day!

Joni135
07-25-2007, 02:22 PM
Pretty funny to see that Liz posted on top of Dan.....true luv I tell ya!!

Liza - I saw elsewhere that you feel like you are already stalled. Here's a couple good excerpts to keep in mind:

Now, onto weight loss...Just as the body was formed and operates on a priority basis, so it heals on a priority basis. This means that the most important parts of the body get the healing attention before the less vital tissues. We can't force the body to place its healing priority on weight loss when in fact the liver is about to die, for example. The liver is more important to your body than the extra pounds. So all the energies of the body go to heal the liver and weight loss will stop. The body will not compromise what health and vitality it does have in one part of the body to bring about healing in another. In other words, the body will not "rob Peter to pay Paul." So you may be eating nutritionally and exercising and you start out losing some weight. But then all of a sudden, you become stuck at a certain weight -- the needle on the scale won't budge anymore. The body is rejoicing on the inside and saying things like, "You know, we have all this extra energy now because Mr. Doughnut here has decided to start eating right and exercising -- let's take some of our new available energy and start the healing process on his congested liver!" So the body will take all the available energy and channel it into the liver. As a result the weight loss stops. The body will NOT take away any energy needed for daily activities and maintenance. It will only take what is left over to start the healing process. It's my belief that the body does not completely heal one part before moving on to the next item on its priority list. Rather, it heals a part to the degree that it is no longer a priority. At that point the healing attention is shifted to the part of the body that is now in most need of repair. In the above example, once the liver has been cleansed somewhat, the body will refocus its attention on other areas... perhaps back to weight loss. During my weight loss period, I would hit plateaus where it seemed like I'd never lose another pound. I lost 10 pounds and then nothing for 3 weeks. During that time I woke up one morning and my arthritis was gone and my blood sugar had stabilized somewhat. If you keep on your diet and exercise program, you will eventually lose all the weight you want. A healthy body is not overweight. Remember, "Always strive for health and the weight loss will happen!"

There's a long explanation from Bob Greene that says:

One of the most common reasons for a plateau is a natural adjustment to weight loss. Your body needs to make many adjustments when you lose weight, and it will release the weight only when it’s ready. ...
Go to the local butcher counter and ask to see three pounds of fat. You will see that it takes up a lot of space, and your body must make physical adjustments for this loss. At this time, physiologists don’t know all there is to know about these adjustments, but we can be sure that they serve a purpose. Plateaus caused by these natural adjustments normally last two or three weeks, but could go on for a month or two. So be patient and stay on your program!

Gotta run....all this dog talk made me realize mine need food ... gotta run out.

Repo girl
07-25-2007, 02:29 PM
Barbra- Yeah, that's POOP all right.

I have have OP all day, including a very nice little lunch of 4 oz tilapia with lime, 1/2 cup fresh, steamed spinach, and 1 little red potato. I have discovered that if you cut a red potato into fourths, cover it with water, and nuke it for about 4 minutes, it turns out great.

Keep going everyone!

amylou7777
07-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi all, had my first post-disneyland weekend w/i this morning and was up about 1lb. I am confident it will be gone by friday! Those 6 POP days were so gratifying. These last two days I have been on plan but not POP-with an extra friut and not enough veggies!
It's back to POP today though...I wanted to be in the 150s by this weekend so I better get to it!

Joni-those exerpts are really motivating! Thanks for posting!

Suzette-I will keep your Mother in my thoughts! I know how difficult it can be to have a loved one in the hopsital.

Jillian-no one has fogotten about you! Hope you have a great last couple days with the kids!

Tina-you are doing so great on the labor day challenge! Way to go!

Kim-I LOVE your after shot. Those pants are killer on you. I'm sure they will have that pic enlarged and on the wall at the COD in no time!

Sherry-have you heard about your exam yet?

Carrie-glad you are on the road to recovery and seeing clearly!

Hi Deb, Barbara, Katy, Katie, Felicia, Dan and everyone! Here's to POP!!!!

MomOfThreeTeens
07-25-2007, 03:10 PM
Hi Megan!! Great to see you back posting chickie!!!!

CandlePrincess
07-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Back from WI...down another 3 pounds! COD went through my diary today with a red pen....what's up with that...they've never done that. She got me for not recording the measurements of the foods I eat.....now...if i'm on staying on plan i guess they don't just assume I am measuring correctly. Oh well....I can comply and be a good little LAWL girl! or pureweight loss girl! Whatever!

And how did I celebrate my 3 pound loss??? I went and got a hamburger! LOL But it was OP and it was really good. Something about eating a hamburger and staying OP feels good!

Our name change comes on July 30th, new plan...the online deal free for one year....that will be nice!

Off to play with the kids for a bit......everyone continue with your POP day!

CandlePrincess
07-25-2007, 03:15 PM
Kim: i just looked at your TT photos....fantastic! It makes me even more determined to save my money for my post weight loss surgery! (i've had a plastic surgery wish list for YEARS! LOL)

BarbaraB
07-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Joni, Wow, that exerpt about the body healing itself just seems so right.
I wish I had thought that way during the plateaus! Really don't we all want our body to "snap back" into a trim, healthy state instead of just deflating into a flabby mess!

smjezzy
07-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Joni - that was great information. I need to start my own little "great info" folder and start stock piling some of this stuff. These articles explain what's going on with me and my lack of weight loss for a while now. While I haven't really lost much my blood sugar level has plummeted and I'm down to taking 1/4 the amount of blood pressure meds. I do also notice that my energy level is way down though. It increased substantially right after I started this diet but has slowly dwindled...so has my exercise level though so that might be the problem there! My latest bloodwork should be back in a couple weeks so we'll see if there's been anymore progress and hopefully more meds will be reduced or dropped. Hopefully my body is about done with it's maintenance work and the weight loss can begin again. I WANNA SEE ONEDERLAND SOON.

slim n trim
07-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Hello Everyone,

wow, I have been so busy with so many things over the past few days, I haven't been on here for about five days other than a quick read here or there. So, I am behind in all the posts, so I know I have missed some stuff, but I see that Kim has a new photo - looking great there girlie - good for you!
Jill hope you are having a great time with your kids.
Glad to hear that you are feeling better Carrie.
Pearl and Joni and Tina, hope all works out with your jobs.
Val - ouch on the foot - hope its better soon.
Wendy - silent retreat - wow, not sure I could keep my mouth shut very long. DH hasn't been home for three days - I have house all to myself, but I still talk to the dog, sometimes even myself. Hope you enjoyed yourself.
Megan - glad to see you back. I wondered where you had gotten to.

I have survived my bday, and three of my grandkids bdays over the past 10 days. I have never seen so much bday cake in my life! I had a few bites here and there, then was in Waterton over the weekend where we had a golf tourn and steak bbq - and few liquid fruits - ok maybe 4 or 5, I was up 1 pound on monday, but I guess thats not to bad considering all that went on last week. Have been pop this week though so hoping that 1 lb and a few more come off quickly. DH going to be home tonight, so not quite as easy to be pop, but I will give it my best shot.

It has been so hot here lately. Haven't felt much like excersing, but did go swimming a couple of times. Maybe thats why my wieght gain - hey Kristen.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing and say hello to everyone. I will try to get back on her again sooner.

lizababe
07-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Hiya Guy and Gals!

I guess I haven't posted in a while even though I am reading. I had a lot of comments too but can't remember all of them.

I do remember Dan and "fry abuse" that was too funny!

Kim is just a fabulous hottie!

Pearl - I'm sorry to hear about the bowling alley. I'll pray for you that the new owners keep it as a bowling alley and you can keep a job you enjoy!

Joni - Thank you for that article! I'm not upset over the recent stall because I know eventually it will come off. I know my body is working overtime right now fighting extreme fatigue so it makes sense it doesn't have time to deal with fat cells. I've only had one day off in the last month, and that was the 4th of July. This week I've been fighting off an ear infection and now I'm just wiped out. My glands are swollen, I'm yawning constantly and can barely function. Last night I did something that I can't remember the last time I did. I came home from work, plunked myself on the couch with my feet up and watched tv. I just flat out relaxed. I'm taking Fri-Sun off for my first weekend with Mini-Me back and I can't wait till Friday morning when I don't have to be up at 4AM.

On the other thread when I mentioned I'm stalled, I said I'm excited about trying the Luna bars since they are free of corn syrup. I am curious to see if this will change things up (once I get some rest) in the weight loss area. I am "insulin resistant" and think corn syrup, because of the way it is metabolized is a big contributer to my weight gain. I always thought I was eating carefully and then when I went through my cupboards, I discovered just about everything has some amount of corn syrup in it. So do those LA Lite bars...

Anyhoo, I'm fading just writing this and I need to be getting ready for work. I'll try to catch up some more later. Have a great day everyone!

KrispieD
07-25-2007, 05:11 PM
It has been so hot here lately. Haven't felt much like excersing, but did go swimming a couple of times. Maybe thats why my wieght gain - hey Kristen.

:swim:

LOL Karen.. Aunt Flo is here so I'm waterlogged just walking across the room.. that is the demon that led me to the freezer to get out some low fat hot dogs for the girls, find a hidden piece of choclate almond bark and then made me consume the whole piece after 3 POP days.. sigh:devil::nono:

slim n trim
07-25-2007, 05:31 PM
no worries Kristen,

You have to do that sort of thing once in a while. I couldn't keep going if I didn't have the occasional cheat. After all its a life style change - and as long as it isn't a daily thing - what the heck. You deserve to treat yourself once in a while.

Good luck with the water logging!

hdsqrl
07-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Good afternoon, rooster and chicks...

Been sticking to plan (mostly) this week and am seeing little rewards on the scale each day. This morning I was up by half a pound, but the "tea" hadn't kicked in yet, so hopefully that'll be gone from tomorrow's COD WI. :)

I've been trying a new approach for me that I'm sure others here have tried, and it really seems to be making a difference for me. One of the counselors at the center I'm now going to recommended that I get in all my proteins, starches, and fruits before 7pm. Now, because of my work schedule, we don't usually eat dinner until AFTER 7pm, so I was kind of dumbfounded as to what to do....dinner, with no P/S/Fr? How can I do that? Well, I'll tell you...

Since this same counselor also scolded me for not eating at least every two hours, I've started tracking my eating times in my journal, and making sure I plan to eat every 2 hours, no matter if it's only half a lite, or 2T raisins, or whatever. Just get SOMETHING in. I'll eat my starches and proteins with breakfast and lunch (unless I happen to be able to eat an early dinner that day), and then for dinner, will just make do with whatever veggies I'm making to go with everyone else's dinner. If I plan ahead for it, I'll even pack my "dinner" to serve as the next day's lunch instead.

And you know, so far, it seems to be working. I realize that the pounds I've lost the last couple of weeks are just pounds I'm RE-losing, since I gained a bit during my month off-plan, and half of my brain says that once I hit my previous low, that I'll get stuck again, but the other half of me says this will actually work to push me past my stuck-point. :)

My fingers are crossed! Just wanted to share this with you guys in case it helps others, too. :)

Dan2112
07-26-2007, 10:00 AM
That sounds like a plan Megan... I've been 95% starch free after lunch for a while now and I think that really helps. When we go out to dinner, it's hard to avoid a piece of bread or a little rice (or those damn fries on the kids' plates), but most normal days, I get them in early.

As for protein, since I'm working out more now, I have to save some for after my time at the gym as a way to help my body maintain calorie burn and recovery. Same goes for fruit.. The body needs good carbohydrates after a workout, so I try to save a fruit for then.

My final PT session is tonight, and I'm really hoping I have the will power to keep using the gym from now on.. I'm really bad about not following through with working out. My trainer has done a really good job at giving me new and innovative exercises, so I should have a good arsenal of things to do besides sitting there and just pumping iron. The trick will be for Liz and I to synchronize our schedules so that we can work out together, as there are quite a few things that require two people.

Anyway.. I need to go catch up on posts.. Talk to you soon!

Jrny2aNewMe
07-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Good morning all!

I need a kick in the a**. While on vacation, although certainly not POP, for the most part I was OP. But, for some reason since returning, I am finding it a real struggle to even stay OP. Then to top it off, on my way home last night I stopped at the farmer's market to pick up some nice fresh vegies and fruit, which I got, but made the mistake of stopping at a new store in my area - Cobs Bread. In my weak state I picked up an Apricot Loaf. Although they do have it listed as a "healthy" bread, I don't think it was meant to be consumed in the portions I did. When I got home, I cut myself a couple of slices. It was sooooo good, I then proceeded to eat half the loaf. Stupid, stupid me.

How do I get my head back on track? This is my weak area, where I usually fall off is getting back on track after returning from a vacation.

Dan2112
07-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Val, When I've been OP, I usually start out with a TO.. Or as I like to call it, an "emergency TO"...

While going on TO may help me drop a couple of pounds right away, I use it more to get my head in the right frame of mind.. I find it really helps me focus.

It also helps to do that because you have to go shopping to get your oranges or cantalope and other "healthy" TO foods.. Same thing with the juice. If you're going to pay a bunch for a bottle, you sure don't want to waste your money.

I'm at the point now in my diet where a TO is less effective on the scale, but it does wonders for my mindset...

You can do it!!!

Jrny2aNewMe
07-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Thanks Dan. I will have to try that. I haven't done a TO yet as my numbers have been moving down steadily enough, but I sure need something to get my head back into this. The healthy stuff I've got, the stop at the farmer's market supplied all that and I now sure know to stay away from the Cobs Bread store - LOL!

Wendelina
07-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Val - I have the same problem.. bread-- especially really GOOD bread-- is the one thing that really tempts me. I try to always keep a couple types of the Light breads in the house (wheat, eng muffins & buns) so that when the urge hits, I can at least have an alternative to try and kill that nasty craving. Of course that doesn't help a whole lot when you're at a restaurant that is serving fresh popovers!! Hang in there, get your mind back in the game as soon as possible. I follow Dan's lead with the "emergency TO".. and I agree that it does help you get back in the groove.

Dan - See how inspiring you are?? We may have to make bracelets that say LAWL-WWDD? (What would Dan do?) ;)

Joni & Karen - The silence lasts for a total of 2 days (1/2 day/full day/1/2 day).. and honestly.. it's not as tough as it sounds. I talk to my dog if I'm home alone too!) There's something different about this whole deal.. they give you things to ponder, and there are lots of books to read.. and it's on a lake which has a beautiful scenic view from the center. It's pretty refreshing! I can't wait to go again.

Happy Belated, Karen :-)

Thanks for all of that info, Joni. It does help to know that plateaus happen for a reason.

Jillian - You're lookin so good in your photo sweetie! I've been meaning to tell you that for days!

Kim II - Va Va Voom Missy! You roook maaahvelous!

Debster - Just noticed how close you are getting to goal! Woo hoo!

Kristen - were you hiding almond bark in your freezer for a reason?? You certainly can blame Aunt Flo for that momentary lapse of reason.. that's who I'm blaming mine on :^:

This weekend is the last of the music fesitvals for the summer -- thank goodness!! We've been to one almost every weekend this summer.. and it's not good for the diet. I consume too much liquid fruit, liquid starch.. oh and there was that bout with the cheese curds back in June. Ugh. I've been POP all week, and I don't want to blow it this weekend. I'm packing some healthy food and a big mug for Crystal Light so that no one even knows what I'm drinking. Peer pressure is tough, even at 40!!

Hellos to everyone - Pearl, Shannon, Kimphin, Nicole, Wendy, Cassie, Amy, Liz, Liza, Snowdogs, Tina, Heather, Mizz T, Katie & Katy, Christine, Megan, Suzette, Naomi, Stephanie, Laura, Carrie, Barb B, MN Barb, Aggie, Sherry, and all of the lurkers!

Gotta run...

galachick
07-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Hello All!

I am still on vacation at the beach and just checking in on ya'll. I have not been POP on vacation but I have eaten much better than I ever have on vacation in the past. Walking around in a bathing suit most of the day is a constant reminder of why I started LAWL :D

I'll check in again later!

Dan2112
07-26-2007, 11:40 AM
WWDD? Too funny Wendy!! :lol:

BarbaraB
07-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Wendy, I have thought WWDD when confronted with something salty before...

JLem311
07-26-2007, 01:07 PM
hey everyone. just a quick check in again. jag is napping and julia and i are going to go and have a nice mommy/daughter day in a little bit once former dh gets home. gonna go and have our usual coffee date! :) she loves it!

wendy--thanks for the compliment, you're too sweet! :)

hope everyone else is enjoying their day. i fly out tomorrow around 11am, and will be back in NC by 5ish, so i'll be traveling most of the day.
thinking about going and WI when i get back, just to keep myself on track, plus i'd like to get my loss recorded! i'm sure i've lost a few pounds. the scale has been saying 210, so we'll see by the time saturday rolls around. i have an apple and a bar packed for the trip home and will probably get some almonds too.

ok, gotta run, julia is talking and asking questions a mile a minute! gotta love 4yr olds! :)

Dan2112
07-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Wendy, I have thought WWDD when confronted with something salty before...

Well, believe it or not, the Salt Police even have their moments when you just give in and say "Oh heck. I'll just drink more water"....

Of course, that's happened as I've gotten closer to goal. Early on and in the middle of the process, I was very good at being very good...

So just for safety's sake - just run away!!!

So endeth the lesson...

Prazteam
07-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Well, I was feeling a little mischievous yesterday so I did a search on the bowling alley's address and LOW AND BEHOLD... it's listed as "For Sale"! Can you imagine?!? (I'm just a little sick of the crap they're telling us at work!) So I printed off the info and took it to work and since my boss wasn't in at the moment, I showed it to all the managers. Then when he came in, I showed it to him. Needless to say, he was a little shocked that I had brought in "proof" of what was actually going on... but I told him it was public knowledge and the employees deserved to know what the public knew. Of course they are afraid some of us will abandon ship but they have the right to do that too!
So, in private he admitted that a buyer is coming today and will probably sign to purchase it. From what I understand, this guy owns 10 other bowling alleys, none in this area. At least there is comfort in knowing he'll keep it a bowling alley... other than that... nothing new.
Thanks for all the good wishes, prayers, and positive thoughts!

Katie - "mouth of the universe"?!? Are you saying I have the worlds biggest mouth?!? Oh yeah... you're right, I do! :rofl:
:hug:
Blessings, I gotta get ready for work!
Oh yeah... my boss immediately got on the phone and let his boss know what I had done! Oh well. Too bad!

Kimphin
07-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Pearl - People really boggle my mind sometimes.... good for you for uncovering the truth - did they really think that no one would figure that out????

I hope that the new owner keeps it as a bowling alley. A big piece of bowling history around here is soon going to be gone when the alleys that I've bowled on for years gets torn down. In that instance, we were told for 2 years that the lanes would stay, as recently as last christmas. Then in the end of January they informed us that our season would have to end early because the building was being sold. All in the name of progress.....

Dan2112
07-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Keeping our fingers crossed for you Pearl!!!

Joni135
07-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Pearl – good luck. Well, I now know who to call on for future stalker duty! Good luck. Sounds like the guy is in it for the bowling alley itself…and if he’s smart, he’ll realize you’ve got a brain and skills to offer to keep his place successful.

Wendy....I love the new WWDD bracelet idea…Dan, do you have a color preference? Lance already has yellow; heart folks have red; salt is white….do you want it in white with black letters??

I think I need to do the Dan Plan (emergency TO). I’ve not had much of an appetite since our acquisition was announced so I really need to get focused before I fall into bad habits. I’m going to plan it for Sunday since there’s too much going on this weekend. It’s been so long, I’ll have to go read all the sticky threads to remember how to do this.

Liza - what's the countdown to MM's return....? I'm excited for you. Have a great weekend with her..just in case you don't have time to check in.

Oh…no real word on work. I took it upon myself to communicate with my potential new manager and while there are no guarantees, I may be able to still work remote and be of help to this team. Time will tell and I’m just going to take this one step at a time (and curb my spending just in case!).

Gotta run…having dinner with a friend at a nice restaurant…so much for curbing my spending.

Dan2112
07-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Well, white gets dirty so easily.. How about green, as in the color of veggies?
:lol:

Wendelina
07-26-2007, 06:01 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/wjosmek/wwdd.jpg

Wendelina
07-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Yeah.. green looks good. lol

JLem311
07-26-2007, 06:20 PM
i posted a new pic/avatar! just took this one yesterday, so i'm a bit burnt/tan...and my highlights look at bit too blonde...pretty much masks my redheadedness! :)

KrispieD
07-26-2007, 08:09 PM
jillian you are smoking
I'm going to add WWDD to my Tshirt collection.. I'll send you a proof Dan for your perusal.
Wendy.. good to see you! Thanks for giving me a pass on the Almond Bark.. I have had insatiable sweet cravings this week.. thank heavens there is no Halloween candy left or we'd have a repeat of some of last year's "The Smartie Incident"
Joni hang in there.. get Pearl to dig up some info on the company for you!

I'm on solo bedtime tonight and bagged after a full day with my ladies but have to share this one..
Went to a playdate today.. took off my wedding band and engagement ring to put suntan lotion on the girls.. my little one said 'oh mommy's rings', picked them up as I am shouting NO and I swear it happened in slow motion.. my wedding band went right under their deck.. there is no access to it aside from tearing it up.
SO.. In the span of almost exactly one month my DH and I have both lost our wedding bands.. RIGHT AFTER we had them blessed and renewed our vows..
I am so convinced this must be some bad omen.
Aaahhhhhhh this could drive me straight to a Blizzard!!!

Prazteam
07-27-2007, 12:37 AM
Kristen - You DID say Gizzard right?!? Because I KNOW the "other" word is not to be used around these parts!

I must have stirred up some "stuff" yesterday because all of a sudden, everyone is talking about the purchase/possible purchaser of the bowling alley. The guy today owns several but his response was "I'll think about it and get back to ya". So who knows...

Thanks for all the encouragement. I really appreciate your all!
Blessings,

emmysmom
07-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Gosh, Kristen...take a long stick and put a piece of gum on the end of it and fish for it! Ya never know?!

Pearl - we can go into the stalker business together. :) I can stalk our children and you can check up on our employers...love it!

Jillian - you look great!

Repo girl
07-27-2007, 09:37 AM
Morning guys!

Pearl- No, I did not say "biggest mouth in the universe"! I meant "Mouthpiece to the universe"! However, in light of certain events, I wonder what your boss would say, LOL. Good job telling it like it is.

Kristen- Man, those rings are doomed. No B Wizards made from gizzards now, and I mean it!

I want a decal for my car in the shape of a salt shaker with the letters WWDD inside of it. It would totally keep me on track......

slim n trim
07-27-2007, 09:42 AM
Kristen what kind of floor is on the deck? I assume it has a floor with a space between the boards for the ring to be able to fall through. If the boards are screwed down, (rather than nailed) it may be as simple as you can unscrew one or two of the boards to gain access to underneath. Then they just screw them back on like nothing ever happened. Its pretty simple, and it won't wreck their deck.

Good Luck!

Dan2112
07-27-2007, 10:11 AM
jillian you are smoking
I'm going to add WWDD to my Tshirt collection.. I'll send you a proof Dan for your perusal.

Sounds like a good idea.. Maybe you should also do one that says WDDWTD (What Does Dan Want to Do) for those days when I really just don't feel like sticking to plan!! :lol:

Well, I wrapped up my PT last night and let me tell you, John didn't hold back on the exercises.. Damn I was knackered afterward. The good news is that he did my measurments and I was down considerably in several areas.. Of course I don't remember all the details, but I know my body fat percentage went from 25% to 19% over the course of the 6 weeks I was taking sessions with him..

Liz is very seriously considering taking some sessions with him as well. She's become bored with Curves (something I hear is pretty common with some people). I think a few session with John will show her how she needs to work out to get the most benefit from the diet.. Also, he'll teach her ways to further rehabilitate her knee from the injury she received in the car wreck we were in a couple of years ago...

So tonight is our last night of "freedom" before the kiddos come home from camp. The sad thing is that we don't know what to do.. We've had a really nice dinner out once this week, and we went and saw a movie (Harry Potter - BEST movie of the series so far)... I guess we could hit the casino, but the buffet can be dangerous.. We could also go bowling, but we like to do that with the kiddos... Any thoughts?

Oh, and speaking of Harry Potter - I took advantage of Alexandra being at camp and read the new book while she's been away.. I have to tell you that as far as I'm concerned, it's the best book of the series and that my daughter is going to LOVE it.. It will probably make her cry, but it will be well worth a few tears.. A bit uneven at the middle, but overall, a fantastic read...

Be one with your POP!!

lizababe
07-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Hiya Everyone!

Dan - One more night of freedom... that's what I was telling myself last night. Mini-Me's flight comes in tonight at midnight. So what did I do with my last night of freedom (from both kid and work, I took a day and a half off) I watched PBS until 10:30 and went to bed. I know I know, all of you married people are so jealous of my wild and crazy care-free single life.

My home sclae has stayed exactly the same for a week. I haven't exercised much though when I was coming down with this cold. I'm going to go for a quick bike ride this morning before it gets too hot again. 16.5 hours until Mini Me is home! It's my last quiet morning to sit and sip on coffee without interruptions. Then off for the bike ride and I have to go to the grocery store to fill the house with teenager food again. I don't know what else to do but I want to enjoy the last few hours of being able to go wherever I want without questions.

Have a POP day today everyone!

Jrny2aNewMe
07-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Happy Friday All!

Dan - those numbers are fantastic! It almost inspires me to start exercising more regularly :)

Pearl & Joni - I hope all goes well with the sales/takeovers of your companies. I can sympathize with the worry. The company I work for underwent a "merger" 10 years ago. Fortunately, I survived it and I ended up advancing farther than I ever would have with the old company, however I do recall that fear and uncertainty. :hug:

Jrny2aNewMe
07-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Silly me - I submitted my post before I finished - that's what I get for trying to multitask - talking on the phone and posting at the same time. Darn work has to interfere with my 3FC time!

Liza - Hope you have a good time with MM back home!

Lawnmower crapped out when DD tried to mow the lawn yesterday, so have to take it in for service. Since I won't be able to finish the lawn on the weekend my big plans will be to start the Harry Potter book - DD bought it and started to read it, but decided she couldn't remember what happened in the last one so decided to re-read it, so I will get in there and read the new one ahead of her.

A shout out :wave: to everyone else.

Hope everyone has a POP weekend!

LizzyW
07-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Hi all,

Well i was down to 170 yesterday. I had my braces adjusted the day before and my mouth was hurting something awful. So i decided to treat myself to some bday cake from Danny's bday. i am back up to 171 this morning. Geez, I keep doing that to myself. I just have a sweet tooth that won't go away. Plus TOM is here, so I blame some of it on that.

I think I am going to do some PT at our gym. I really have some toning to do with the weight I have lost. My arms really need it too. I have the muscles that go the wrong way. LOL.

As Dan said, not sure what we are going to do tonight. I thought maybe we would take my truck into Sears and we could go see a movie while it is being worked on. Will have to see how long it would take to do the 4 things I need done to it. I need an alignment, tire rotation, oil change and emissions test. If we go around 5:30 or so, maybe it will be done by the time the movie is over. We will probably go so Live Free or Die Hard. Dan wants to see that. What do you think?

Well, have to get to work. I am so glad it is Friday. Hope everyone has a great POP day.

liz

Dan2112
07-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Yes, that's us - A trip to the Sears Auto Center and a movie... DO WE KNOW HOW TO PARTY, OR WHAT??!! :lol:

emmysmom
07-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Dan and Liz - all I can say is that DH and I had a weekend alone last weekend...Sears and a movie is pretty much a party compared to what we did. :rofl: We watched part of Top Gun at home, went to a business convention and dinner on the way home...yeah, that's about it!

slim n trim
07-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Dan and Liz you guys are really living life on the edge allright. What about a nice pop dinner - and then go to the casino. Bet Liz doesn't mind not having to cook dinner. Or maybe go for dinner - then a nice walk somewhere pretty then sit back and unwind the rest of the evening with a glass of wine - or crystal lite - or hlwater. Go crazy. Maybe get together with some friends and play some cards or something. Whatever you do - have fun!

Liza, I am sure you are looking forward to having your dd home.

KrispieD
07-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Okay I survived the Blizzard temptation.. instead had a huge greek salad with girlled chicken.. didn't taste quite the same! Instead I bought some mini low fat cheesecakes to have in case I need to succumb to temptations! We are off this weekend to a friends' bday party but they are healthy eaters so should be pretty POP.. got my new before/after photo up at COD and if I do say so myself it looks pretty good.
Operation Wedding Band is under way at my friend's house so will update you. Maybe this is nature's way of saying no boob job.. as DH had said you can have a new ring or new boobs (sorry Dan) for our 10th this year.. a ring I can resize and make fit but the funbags have lost all the fun! Hmmm
Looking at the amazing Kim2's photos I'd rather have a Tuck, Suck or Pluck than a Sag, Bag or Drag!

Dan2112
07-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Dan and Liz you guys are really living life on the edge allright. What about a nice pop dinner - and then go to the casino. Bet Liz doesn't mind not having to cook dinner. Or maybe go for dinner - then a nice walk somewhere pretty then sit back and unwind the rest of the evening with a glass of wine - or crystal lite - or hlwater. Go crazy. Maybe get together with some friends and play some cards or something. Whatever you do - have fun!

Liza, I am sure you are looking forward to having your dd home.

Liz? Cook dinner?? :lol::joker::rofl:

slim n trim
07-27-2007, 12:13 PM
LOL Dan,

okay if Liz doesn't cook dinner - and you enjoy cooking dinner - you are always welcome to hang out at my house. That would give you guys something to do - drive to Alberta tonight

Snowdogs
07-27-2007, 12:17 PM
LOL Kristen ! :-)

I've been kinda MIA all week. The scale is holding its own still - but then again I haven't done anything this week and my eating well... not so OP. But holding this weight is better than gaining. So I'll take it.

I applied for, interviewed and was offered a new job this week. YEAH! So I'm sick to my stomach about putting my 2 weeks in here today. I think I'll wait until an hour before quitting time....
Yesterday I went out and tried on some new dress pants -no more jeans, camo cargos, t's & sweatshirts for work anymore :(. But the + is that I actually had FUN trying on some pants, 1-2 sizes smaller than I was and they FIT!!! Yippee.

With the new job I doubt I'll get on here much, and with training someone in here. I'll check back when I can though. It's a down side to living in the middle of nowhere - internet access for home is slim to no pickings.

Anyways - way to keep up the good work everyone! POP !

Oh - and yeah, I'm still gonna kick all your butts in the Chicks to the Finish Challenge !!! Joni - can you PM me with your private email addy so I can send in my weekly weigh ins? That will be easier than trying to log on here I think.

BarbaraB
07-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Good Morning,

So Liz and Dan was it a hot date to Sears?

I often get a hot date to Costco and dinner at the food court.

My DD is gone for a few days down to visit her last year's room mate in San Francisco, the room mate is going to study abroad to Austria for a year here soon. She will also visit with her grandparents for awhile too. So I also had a kidless night and all we did was stay home and open a bottle of wine and watch TV, so that makes Sears and a movie sound pretty good. I really need to go and buy some fruit, since I had 3 fruits left at the end of the day, which I just took as a sign to drink lots of wine... lucky for me I fell asleep before I drank much more than the allotted amount anyway.

Liza, nice to hear you actually have time off! Just hearing your schedule makes me feel tired! My teenager wants to be a vegan, but is a junk food junky, so I end up with a freezer full of vegan stuff that she SAYS she wants, but doesn't actually eat.

Lynx
07-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Liz and Dan and everyone else too - I highly recommend the movie, Hairspray.
The cast is outstanding - John Travolta, Michelle Pfeiffer, Queen Latifah, Christopher Walken, and last but not least, newcomer, 18 year old Nikki Blonsky.
Jillian - your pic is beautiful and glad you had such a good time with your kids.
Liza - hope you are feeling better before Mini arrives.
Tina - you are doing so well, what plan are you on currently?
Dan again - did you know that the Morton lite salt is not mentioned in the new plans?
Kristen - hope your ring is found and soon.
Snowdogs - good luck on your new job
Joni and Pearl - here's hoping things work out for you in the adventure called the "world of work".
Hope everyone has a POP weekend.

lizababe
07-27-2007, 12:41 PM
LMAO Barbara... my teenager claims to be a vegan too but has no problems sinking her teeth into a giant burger with fries and a milkshake! I talked to my ex-MIL last week and she told me how the little drama queen says she's thin because she's starving... there's nothing to eat in the house *dramatic sigh* and she doesn't eat school food. She insists she's "not well" and barely manages to keep going. I'm tired of being defensive when she tells people these things and they ask me.. it's been like this for the past 15 years. I just say of course I starve her. You'd think people would catch on by now....

Dan2112
07-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Lynn - So you're just allowed to use regular salt??

BLASPHEMY, I SAY!!!

11. Thou shalt stepith away from thy shaker of salt lest ye suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous water retention...

(I believe this was the little known 11th commandment, found originally on the second tablet Moses brought down from the mountain but ended up dropping, as seen by Mel Brooks in "History of the World Pt. I)

Snowdogs - Congrats on the new job!! And great NSV with the new clothes.

emmysmom
07-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Lynn - I'm on purple no lites...and thank you!!!

Liz - I have braces, too, so I know how you're feeling:hug:

BarbaraB
07-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Liza, So MM is a drama queen too? My DD says things that just makes me wonder. I read on her myspace account (before she set it to private to eliminate parental inspection) that she was of middle eastern descent. LOL, she is 1/4 italian, but really a northern european mix otherwise.. is Sweden in the middle east? Good to know that mothers get blamed for skinniness as well as chubbiness. Oh well, at least she is over her goth phase of being dark and grim and suffering in the sububs...

Dan... No Morton salt? Wow! I think I got more lectures about not getting in the Morton salt than anything else during all the diary reviews. I thought WWDD yesterday when there was chinese food brought in for lunch, but ended up eating it and guzzling water, so I suppose I did do what Dan would do!

lizababe
07-27-2007, 02:27 PM
LOL Barbara! I guess I'm lucky on the myspace thing. Not only am I on the top of her friends list but her friends also have me on their lists. I have to be careful to keep things PG 13 at least for them even though theirs aren't always so. They're all good kids and I feel fortunate that they trust me enough to peek into their worlds. I know the good, the bad and the ugly about all of them. I know who smokes, who's "straight edge" and who got felt up last week. That's funny that your daughter wants to be of middle eastern decent.. Caucasian children feel so left out when it comes to ethnic heritage. My mother (who I don't speak to anymore) told people MM is half black. That surprised me... I'd like to know which half. My ex husband is French Canadian and Irish. I'm Italian and Dutch. This was my MOTHER saying it not MM! I guess some people never grow out of fairy tales and dramatics!

Well I've done my resting and it's 11:30. 12.5 hours till the plane lands. Time to clean up and see the house one more time before the tornado touches down and hit the grocery store. I just had a Luna bar... ooooh I'm so in love.

Dan2112
07-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Maybe that's what Liz and I should do tonight.. We had grand designs of cleaning up the house while the kids were gone this week and we've done basically NOTHING.. :lol:

The kitchen's a mess.. We still have a bunch of "Goodwill piles" upstairs waiting for us to cart them off.

Dang.. How lazy are we? :lol:

Lynx
07-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Oh Dan, on the morton lite salt. I almost never use salt so I won't be using the regular salt either. I was not happy having to use even the 1/4 tsp daily. Just glad that salt is not mentioned as an additional item to have each day.

Dan2112
07-27-2007, 03:32 PM
so what they're saying is that you still shouldn't use salt, but also that don't HAVE to use the lite salt either?

hdsqrl
07-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Just time for a quickie...

:woohoo: I'm down into the 160's now! A new decade! :woohoo:

Over and out!

slim n trim
07-27-2007, 03:41 PM
congrats Megan!

I am sure you are thrilled. You have worked very hard! Keep up the good work!

emmysmom
07-27-2007, 03:47 PM
WOOHOO, Megan!!!! What a great way to start your weekend!!!

Dan2112
07-27-2007, 04:23 PM
Way to go Megan!!!

lizababe
07-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Yay Megan! Great job!!!!

My phone is ringing like crazy now. Two news choppers in Phoenix collided today while orbiting around a police pursuit. Scary stuff... I knew one of the photographers. For some reason whenever there is any kind of aviation crash every calls me to see if I'm ok. I guess I'm the only one they know that flies. Mind you I don't live in Phoenix or Hawaii or the other places these crashes happened.....

CandlePrincess
07-27-2007, 04:45 PM
Liza: i must be in a world of trouble because my DFD is ALREADY a drama queen at 8 months old.....she must get that because the only mama she knows is a Princess!

My mom and stepdad live in Phoenix...and i've been out there enough to know right where that crash happened....so horrible.

My challenge tonight....dinner at a buffet. I'm not happy about it but a bunch of us foster parents are getting together......so I didn't have a lot of say in the matter!

I'll check in later!

Dan2112
07-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Yay Megan! Great job!!!!

My phone is ringing like crazy now. Two news choppers in Phoenix collided today while orbiting around a police pursuit. Scary stuff... I knew one of the photographers. For some reason whenever there is any kind of aviation crash every calls me to see if I'm ok. I guess I'm the only one they know that flies. Mind you I don't live in Phoenix or Hawaii or the other places these crashes happened.....

I thought of you when I saw that on the Drudge Report.. I was talking to one of my friends over at the ABQ ABC affiliate and she was telling me how everyone was glued to the sat. feed from the NBC station in Phoenix.. Apperantly they were all running the chase live and caught the crash when it happened too.. How horrific..

lizababe
07-27-2007, 06:16 PM
I guess it hasn't really sunk in yet. I have already wondered what happened to the idiot they were pursuing. Apparently he'd just jumped out of his vehicle and car jacked another right before the choppers collided. Yes, they were live when it happened.

There's been a disturbing trend lately of having the pilot run the camera and report while flying. I've seen it with another local station here and have been worried. Especially in a situation like that where two or more choppers are oribiting around each other. How can the pilot run the camera, listen to the producers, talk on air, watch for other aircraft and talk to ATC at the same time? There have been times that I've been in orbit like that and a chopper gets in my shot that I can't see in the air that has scared the heck out of me. I hope this wakes corporate up and makes them realize these are real people putting their lives on the line for a job.

Ok, that said I just got back from the grocery store. I didn't miss how much money I spend on foods I don't eat.. but we are stocked up at least through the weekend. I did spend $20 on Luna bars.. they just got more in and I had to get at least two of each flavor. Just a little under 9 hours until MM is kissing sandy ground again!

equinetcan
07-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi everybody. I have been MIA this week but I have read everything here today. It is hot here this week and I have no ac, just fans so I try not to do too much at home right now.

Well, we were supposed to start with the new client this sunday but yet again we are delayed by another month and I have to go back to my old client for the second time in as many months. So I am having a few job problems too. I need to get out of the call center stuff but around here there isn't a lot that pays the same or better and I can't afford to take much of a pay cut as it is me supporting me.

Chancey is finally starting to heal up a bit so hopefully she will continue to get better. I have to make more frosty paws for her this weekend as she is almost out of the first batch.

Sounds like a lot of you had really good weeks...keep it up!!

Joni135
07-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Hi Alannah_____Chancey agrees...more frosty paws on your agenda this weekend!!

Cute pic Jillian....you are so photogenic.....I love your posts when you are with the kids....it sure must be sad to leave them!
Kristen - the wedding band story is darn right freaky....but at least you know where yours is. Guess you need to have another party!!

Hi Lynn-- I second the nomination for Hairspray....LOVED it....I want to go see No Reservations...but I think it will just be me; not DH's kind of movie. We did see Harry Potter and Die Hard...liked both of those too.

Dan - first I laughed when you wrote, "Liz, cook?" and followed up with half a dozen laughing out loud smiles....then you start in on the 11th commandment...salt....have you started drinking a tad early today???

I think there's something in the air...I'm typically a pretty neat freak but have not felt like doing a thing this week...in a funk...

Yeah Megannnnnnnn...shoot....at this rate you'll be passing me by in no time.

LYNNTHEPB
07-28-2007, 06:52 AM
Hi Everyone.... I have been MIA for awhile as really busy at work and lots of things going on in my personal life like birthdays and Anniversaries and a MIL with early Alzhiemers who is giving my FIL a hard time about her meds cause she cannot remember when she took them and He is not allowed to touch them as she "wants to do it herself"!!!!! Sounds like my 4 year old grandaughter!!! :)
I have been lurking though and try to read some posts before I leave for work in the morning.... I cannot access it at work as they have it blocked so must catch up at home. Well I have had a bit of a roller coaster ride with the weight, but I am doing OK. gained a lb last Monday after the birthday party on Saturday and a few glasses of wine... but then Lost 2.2 lbs on Wednesday and another .2 lbs yesterday so I am holding my own I guess. I am on the purple plan as well with no LA lites and no TO and am not allowed most of the LA food and drinks except the snacks and the cookies and I get 6 starches a day!!! Sometimes I feel like I am pedaling up hill. I did get measured last Monday and I have lost 3 3/4 inches overall so that pleased me. I have started an exercis program with my hubby and I am doing yoga twice a week so we shall see if that helps.
Well should quit rambling on , Just wanted to say hi to everyone and I do enjoy your posts.
Take care and will post again soon

bayoubelle68
07-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Hey, guys! My mom was here all week helping me pack. I'm at the point now that it looks worse than when we started. I don't think I'll see any real results until we clear out some of the boxes. We close on the new house on Wednesday and will start moving boxes that afternoon. The movers will come on Friday to move all the furniture, so that night, we will spend our first night in our new house!!

Went to WI this morning and lost 3.6 for the week!! Woo Hoo! I'll be in Two-topia before I know it!!

lizababe
07-28-2007, 02:13 PM
Hiya guy and gals!

Mini Me has landed! woot! Unfortunately, her flight was delayed by 2.5 hours so she didn't get here until almost 2AM. I made a pretty bad choice at that late hour because I'd stayed at work to get everything recorded for the weekend. When I left at 1AM I was suddenly STARVING and there was no time to go home to get something good to eat. I hit the Jack in the Box drive thru and sat in the airport parking lot wolfing down a burger (no fries, water to drink) and felt like every stereo type of a fat person with mayo from my chin to my chest. Ugh.

Anyhoo, it's a new day. Mini Me is home and being a little uppity as I expected. There was a little meltdown last night. Her Dad's friend gave her a starter from a spider plant and told her to pot it when she got home. She started digging out potting soil and wanting to use her hands and kitchen cups in the living room to pot this plant. I told her to wait until morning and do it outside. She started crying and freaking out that it was going to die and she was told to plant it when she got home. I said "She didn't mean at 3AM!!!" Then I showed her the jungle I have growing on the windowsill, assured her I do know how to raise plants and it would be ok in a bowl of water for a few hours. *yawn* I'm so tired. I'm about to make breakfast now that she's awake. First time I've cooked in a month! It's good stuff.. whole wheat pancakes, bacon (for her) eggs and fruit. Time to get on it...

Have a POP day everyone!

JLem311
07-28-2007, 02:39 PM
hey everyone. just checking in quick. i went to COD to WI and only lost a pound while i was on vacay. oh well. better than gaining! :)
but the bad news is, my COD is rolling out the new "numbered" plans instead of the colored ones. not too thrilled about it and need to go and read the thread started about it. i've kinda slacked on reading it because it didn't pertain to me..guess it will as of next week.

oh and also, i bought more weeks since my last paid week is next week. too bad i didn't make it to my 50lb goal, but i'm pretty close! so i bought 19 more weeks and set a new goal for 170 instead of 197. i just can't believe i've made it this far, the last times i've joined LAWL, i've quit around 30lbs. it has alot to do with the support from all of you! plus, my DH is great support and the ladies at the COD are pretty nice too. :)

so, yeah. that's that. i had a great time with the kids and was very sad to leave, but i'll be back in sept. so soon enough.
i also went and got a new tattoo last night after i got back. it's of a frog/toad in memory of my uncle (who's nickname was toad) and he died 2yrs ago and we were super close. so i got it for him. the pic is in my profile, if you'd like to check it out.

ok, be back later!

Luckybustert
07-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Hi everyone! Just got back from my weigh-in, and have dropped another 1.8 lbs since Tuesday. And nearly 10 lbs overall (ok it's only 9.6, but close enough!) since the 4th of July!! I'm so thrilled that I've finally found something that works that I can live with.

Enjoy the weekend!

bayoubelle68
07-28-2007, 05:30 PM
Jillian - I hear you on the new plan. I've been dreading it, too. I got mine on Tuesday. My biggest problem is getting in all the added foods! I went from 4 starches to SEVEN!! DH went from 4 to NINE!! I never thought I would have a problem eating starches, but whew! I was having a hard enough time eating 4 veggies and now I have 5! I know I will adjust, but I had settled into a good routine with the old plan.

Suz - congrats! It's a great feeling, isn't it?

BarbaraB
07-28-2007, 06:03 PM
Wow, such a good week of losses. Felicia 3.6 pounds! Packing must burn the pounds! You are right, two topia here you come!

Suz, congrats on the loss too. I'd say 10 pounds too, close enough. In less than a month too! That is a fantastic start.

Liza, don't you know that 3AM is prime time for teenagers? Somehow they don't understand the concept of sleeping at night and waking up in the morning. LOL... I didn't really stop knowing every little thing my daughter was doing more or less until she went away to college. She graduated a year early, so left for college at just 17 though.

Hi Lynne, it sounds like you are doing great! Really. 1.4 pounds is a good week. Some weeks are going to be better than others, as almost no one sees a 2 pounds like clockwork loss. 6 starches, sigh... I'm on maintenance and only get 4!

LYNNTHEPB
07-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Barbara, sometimes it is tough to get in 6 starches...... Other times I could eat 10 LOL:dizzy:
They said if I lost about 2 lbs a week I was doing well so I have averaged out at about that.... Sometimes gets frustrating when you know you have stayed OP and you lose .3 of a lb.... but overall I am pleased with my losses. I never thought I could do this.... and here I am.. and people are starting to notice!!!!! I bought a new dress for a wedding I am going to on Aug 10 and I tried it on for my hubby and he was very impressed... It was a size smaller and he really noticed the weight loss when I put this dress on... Surprise!!!! It is NOT black and baggy!!!!:carrot:

Dan2112
07-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Hi all...

Liza - Glad that mini-you is back in one piece and despite the 3 am meltdown, everything is hunky dory... And while a late night burger at Gag in the Bag isn't the best choice, you were wise to avoid the fries.. Something I might not have avoided that late in the game..

Our kiddos are home again as well.. Everyone had a good time at camp and it's really nice to have them home!

We had our neighborhood safety fair today, and I have to admit that, bouyied by recent losses on the scale, I wasn't making very good choices.. I didn't have time for breakfast, so I overate at lunch, consisting of a small section of a subway sub and a slice of pizza.. then, tired and not wanting to deal with it, I had another slice for dinner.. There were a few chips involved today as well..

sigh... I guess it's back to the drawing board tomorrow.. On the plus side, the event was quite successful!

bahamadream10
07-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Hi everyone I had a really bad week I hope the next week is better for me. My weight loss has been really slow so I decided to do the take off and then follow the boost schedule but the center told me to do the slim down (which I do the slim fast which cheese stick, which she doesn't know) every other day instead of 4 days in a row. I don't know what to do anymore or who to listen I just want to get out of my plateau! I went in after being on the take off for 2 days and there was no weight loss not even an ounce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How frustrating so I didn't go in today because when I stepped on the scale this morning it was only .5 ounces so I figured what was the point. Of course that gave me a reason to cheat today, so I am sure when I step on the scale tomorrow I will be up .5 ounces. Well now I have to go to bed before I eat more food!!!!! I will check in sometime this week, I hope everyone has a great week!

Jillian cute tatoo!!!!

CandlePrincess
07-28-2007, 11:49 PM
Well I went to WI today and had a gain...i was at 275.4 and today was at 276. COD seemed to make a major deal of this.....and to be honest I'm a bit frustrated. i've been POP the last few days and can't imagine what's going wrong. COD is so "what's your next mini goal" focused that I'm stressing out! Today I was not OP...i was traveling with a friend and I tried to stay OP but it just didn't work. So now I have a gain from last week and an Off plan day to contend with. I'm exhausted...and not sure how things are going to go tomorrow.....but it's another day!

LYNNTHEPB
07-29-2007, 07:37 AM
Heather and Nanette -Take a deep breath and regroup. I have had those days and It is really very frustrating.... but You will do it!!! ;)

Dan- you have done such a tremendous job so far, that a once in awhile fall off the wagon is really not bad. Glad your kids are home safe and sound, and glad they had a great time. It is nice to have time to yourselves, but it seems lonley without the kiddos. :D

It is a beautiful day here today so I think I am going to get some walking in and maybe a little gardening so hope everyone has a wonderful day. :flow2:

Joni135
07-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Jillian, LeaAnn (congrats on the new job!!), DanLiz kids and MiniMe....welcome home!

Jillian - love the new tattoo...okay, how many do you have??? I love it when there is a sweet story behind the tatoo.....like yours with your uncle.

Hi Lynn - enjoy your beautiful day. Sorry to hear about your MIL's alzheimers. Have you looked into some of the electronic pill boxes or something like this.....http://www.forgettingthepill.com/cgi-bin/ForgettingThePill/order.cgi?orderone++Timers+1+308+1

I'm doing TO Monday and Tuesday. Haven't done one in forever, so I hope to see results.....Suffice it to say, I did some stress eating this weekend just because.

Dan2112
07-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Happy Sunday all..

Well, we're off to the mall to get Danny his "build a bear".. He got a gift card from his grandparents for his birthday...

Looks like we're also going to go see the Harry Potter movie.. My vote was for the Simpsons, but as usual,I'm was overuled. :lol:

Well, at least I'll be able to have some pop corn.. Looks like I'll be doing a TO tomorrow and tuesday..

amylou7777
07-29-2007, 02:23 PM
Hey all! It's been a busy weekend, Giants game, baby showers etc. Lots of temptation but somehow I managed to stay OP...missed some food yesterday at the parties but didn't eat anything off plan so I was pleased with myself....I haven't been to the COD in quite a few days. An appt I had Fri morning ran too long and I had to get to work, so I'm hoping tomorrow's W/I will be good to me!

Glad to see everyone is doing well!

Felicia-3.6?!?! You are kickin some booty, girl! Good luck with the boxes....just think of how awesome it's going to be in that new house!

I'm off to run some errands and get some fruit in this house!

Lots of POP love to you all!

lizababe
07-29-2007, 02:38 PM
Hi Everyone!

Felicia - GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Jill - I love the tat and you are looking beautiful as ever!

Dan - Have fun at Build a Bear! I want to see the Simpsons too... It might happen today. We'll have to see how Princess Mini Me feels.

Joni - How are you Sunshine? Good luck on TO

Amy - WTG staying OP through all of that!

I have not been so OP myself... yesterday I had way too much starch. I'm feeling it today.. a starch hangover and not of the liquid sort. It's back OP for me for real today. My time off is almost over so today it's back to laundry, cleaning, prepping for the week ahead. Mini Me is still readjusting and doing her thing so I'm not going to try to please her. I'm going to take some time for me within all of the errands, take the dog to the off leash park and cap the night off with a bike ride.

Hope everyone is having a great and POP day!

JLem311
07-29-2007, 04:22 PM
hello everyone. it's been a lazy day here. doing some laundry, cleaning up the house and trying to get my suitcase unpacked has been the jist of my day.
trying to mentally prepare myself for going back to work tomorrow after i've been off the last 12 days. but it'll be another short week since we have a trip planned to Rhode Island to see dh's parents and help them finished packing since they are moving to chicago next month. we haven't seen them since november so it should be a great visit...wonder if they'll notice my WL or not.

joni--i've got 10 tattoos now. some of them are smaller, but the count is at 10 and i know it won't stop there. :) the last 3 have actually been drawn/designed by my dh--he's very artistic like that and loves that his artwork is a permanent fixture on me. :)

ok, gotta go and do some more laundry and start thinking about dinner. i think it will be whole wheat pasta with veggie sausage crumbles, cherry tomatoes, broccoli and garlic with a bit of parmesan cheese. that pretty much will cover a starch, a few veggies and protein. sounds like a plan to me. i don't usually eat much pasta, if at all, so this will be a nice treat for dh. :)

ok i'll check back later. hope everyone has a great night.

MomOfThreeTeens
07-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Looking at the amazing Kim2's photos I'd rather have a Tuck, Suck or Pluck than a Sag, Bag or Drag!

Kristen, I laughed so loud my DH heard me upstairs and asked what was so funny! On a serious note, I hope you get your ring out from under the deck. I havent worn mine in months because they are so big they wont stay on my finger anymore. I've gotta get them resized I just cant remember to take them.

Everybody else, hope you have an amazing week! I start back to work tomorrow, UGH! I wasnt ready for my summer vacation to be over yet! LOL

Joni135
07-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Liza - it's interesting because I do remember you saying that when your DD returns from her dad visits, there is a readjustment period.....at least you knew this ahead of time and it sounds like you know how to deal with it...and quite well, I might add.

Dan - I heard the Simpson movie wasn't so great...so hopefully HP was a hit with everyone.

Gloomie weather here this weekend and I woke up today in a wierd funk....I told DH I was in a funk and there was nothing he could do to get me out of it...I tried shopping, coming here on line, cleaning, ate a Wendy's cheeseburger...nothing really worked. So, I think it's a combination of the weather, my work was really slow last week when they announced the acquisition so I was really bored, and the fact that I only exercised one day last week...so I'm hitting the gym tomorrow and hopefully I'll snap out of this. Hope everyone has a great week. I bought my Knudsen juice, egg beaters, green veggies and lites...so I'm good for TO tomorrow....

JLem311
07-29-2007, 09:53 PM
joni--sorry to hear that you're not doing so great. i've been there before and it's usually a combination of things that get me there and it just takes time to get out of it. ((hugs to you girlie)) working out usually helps me feel better...endorphins!

bahamadream10
07-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Happy Sunday everyone! I did pretty good today staying OP. I am loving the frozen slimfast optima lately I think I will do the 4 days straight of slim fast and then 2 regular days of regular plan part of the boost even though they told me to do slim down every other day. I have to try something different. Back to the frozen slim fast, I got the cappuchino delight slimfast optima and the night before I pour it into a small tupperware container and stick it in the freezer and when I wake up I pull it out of the freezer, and at least one hour later when I am ready to eat it is like a coffee sorbet, it is to die for. I keep forgetting to have the cheese stick with it like I had read on one of these threads, do you think it will make a difference. I used to hate wasting my protein and starch by drinking it but this for some reason I don't mind. This week will be a wonderful week for me the doctor I work for is on call at the hospital so he won't be in the office bugging us every 20 minutes with something. We all need a break sometime right! Everyone have a wonderful week!!!!!!
Jillian my mother passed away 7 yrs ago when I was pregnant with my son and my sister just passed away 2 yrsr ago (I have 10 brothers and sisters so losing one was very rough on all of us) and my father passed away when I was 10 months old. The moral of my sob story is I have been wanting to get a tatoo of an angel on my shoulder to symbolize all of the angels looking over me, but I haven't been able to find one I like maybe you could ask your DH if he has any ideas for me. That would be great.
Keep smiling!!!!!!!!!

lizababe
07-29-2007, 10:07 PM
Joni - I hope a trip to the gym does it for you! I'm pretty blah feeling now. I took MM shopping and got her some cute stuff for the bedroom to make it more comfy again. Our oven went out right before she left so I bought a cool convection and rotisserie oven. I finally got the damn piece of meat on the spit and turned it on.. the knob broke. Much cursing ensued. I also picked up some do it yourself vinyl tiles for the ugly kitchen floor that I've been wanting do for the past two years. I didn't buy enough so I don't get to do the ugly floor tonight. Kinda feeling like I put a lot of effort into improvement and I only made things worse.
blah.
Blah.
blah.

CandlePrincess
07-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Well this weekend has pretty much been POOP. So back on the wagon tomorrow...and this time I'm fastening my SEATBELT! Hope everyone had a good weekend.....later all!

bayoubelle68
07-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Joni - sorry you're in a dirty blue funk! I'm in a crazy blurry haze right now. A swirling vortex of packing tape, bubble wrap, and boxes EVERYWHERE!! I am SO tired! We close on Wednesday and will start moving then. I start back to school the following Wednesday, so there will be no rest for the weary! In fact, I will likely be back in my classroom next Monday to try to beat everyone else to the copier!!

Liza - GRRRRR! I hate when I get home, ready to start some big project, only to find that I'm missing some key component that prevents me from doing it!! It just really takes the wind out of my sails! Sometimes, it takes me right out of the mood to work on the project and it takes a little while to get back to it!

Good night, all. I'm going to drag my weary bones to bed for some much-needed rest!

Dan2112
07-30-2007, 12:04 AM
Hey there...

Guess I'll wrap up our weekly thread as usual.. Kids loved HP and it was good to see it again so I could pick up some of the stuff I missed the first time around..

Went for my weekly racquetball game and found out at the last minute that my partner bailed on me.. So I stuck around the gym and got a workout in.. At least I feel less guilty about the popcorn I ate today.. Other than that, I was on plan, so I'm not too concerned.. But then again, I never feel guilty about eating popcorn... :lol:

Have pleaseant dreams all!!