Support Groups - Tops

View Full Version : Tops

KAR73
07-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Hi I thought I would just take the leap and be the first one to start the TOPS thread. Hope I get other TOPS members to join me here. Well I will be waiting to see what kind of response I get. Hope to meet another TOPS members soon! Have a great day!
Kerry

phantastica
07-22-2007, 12:10 PM
Hi ... I've been a TOPS member for two years and have lost almost 60 pounds in that time. I'm in between groups, as the one I was going to was by my old job and it became a hassle when I started working on the other side of the city. I'm planning to check out a new group close to my home this week.

KAR73
07-22-2007, 12:47 PM
Hi Phantastica,
I have been a TOPS member for the last 4 years. I have been the co-leader for two and half of those years. Now I am the weight recorder. I love the support I get from going to TOPS.
That is great about the 60 pounds lost. Congrats on the weight loss! I had lost 35 pounds and gained it back. So now I am working really hard to take those 35 pounds off and more. I am not going to backslide again. It is so hard the second time around to take off those pounds. They sure are stubborn. LOL I hope you can find a group closer to your current job?
Have a great day!
Kerry

emilyk
07-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Hi, I'm Emily. Thanks for starting this thread. I joined TOPS a few months ago when I decided WW was not for me, but knew I needed some sort of real-life support/accountability group. It's been great. I only found out about it by digging around on the internet though...I don't think it gets much publicity. I told a friend on the East Coast and she had no idea they existed either and joined hers.

I am not doing the TOPS plan, but just go for the support. I've lost 25 lbs since joining TOPS, and 37 lbs in all. Of course, I have a long way to go.

It's nice to "meet" y'all. Phantastica...congrats on the 60lbs!! That's awesome! I hope the new group is a good fit for you. Kerry, I lost 50lbs a few years ago (ok, 10 yrs), then gained it back and then some. It does seem harder the second time around! But this will be the last time!!

KAR73
07-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Emily glad you were able to find us. I think that together we can take off those stubborn regained pounds and look forward to living a healthier lifestyle. You are so right about TOPS not getting the right publicity that it deserves. Glad you were able to help out your friend on the East Coast.

KAR73
07-22-2007, 07:09 PM
I forgot to ask earlier. Does any of your clubs run contest and if so what are they? Currently my club is holding one called "Lose Your Booty and get the Treasure's". We are holding it for six weeks. Everyone who wants to be in it, had to weigh in the night that it started. Then bring in a small gold or silver item to place in the treasure chest. Then in August we will see who has lost the most weight and give them the treasure chest. Since I sell Avon, I got a really cute silver necklace for trying out one of the new perfumes that Avon came out with and donated that. I am really hoping to in be in the running for the treasure chest this time around. Since I havn't come close to ever winning a contest since I started TOPS four years ago.
Have great evening!
Take care,
Kerry

KAR73
07-23-2007, 09:39 AM
Morning everyone,
Just wanted to wish everyone a great week! I have my weigh-in tomorrow evening. Hoping for some good news. When does everyone have weigh-in?
TOPS Hugs,
Kerry

KAR73
07-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Where is my fellow TOPS pals?

Pita09
07-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Where is my fellow TOPS pals?

I'm here Kar!! I joined TOPS three weeks ago. I have belong to TOPS in the past and did really well, which is why I've rejoined now. I need all the support and motivation I can get.

I'm a bit of a talker and being overweight has made me a diet expert of course. ;) So, I seemed to have volunteered to come up with a fun challenge for the group and have promised to do a program in the next couple of weeks. I'm happy to be able to jump in and get involved. The joy of being my age is that shyness isn't really an issue anymore. :D

I look forward to getting to know the TOPS members here and would be really interested in if we could get our own challenge going.

KAR73
07-26-2007, 11:02 PM
That sounds great Pita! What kind of challenge would you like to do? Glad you could come join me. It has been really lonely here for the last couple of days. LOL

phantastica
07-26-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm here! Haven't been able to check out the groups in my area yet. There are a few right by my house, as well as one or two by my work. I'd prefer a smallish group near my home, on a Thursday night. I had Monday-night weigh-ins for too long - weekends always messed that up. LOL.

In the meantime, I'm doing what I know works best for me: vegetable-intensive lunches, breakfasts at home, and light dinners. Some nights, I have dates or go out to dinner with friends, so I'm struggling with finding the right mix of food for enjoyment without breaking the calorie bank. I'm exercising 5x a week - just cardio right now - at a gym before work.

Pita, can you describe your challenge?

Kar, how was your weigh-in?

KAR73
07-27-2007, 08:21 AM
Hi Phantastica and Pita,
Well my weigh-in didn't go how I would have liked it too. I gained a pound. But that is alright. I have worked harder this week to watch what I eat and have worked out 4 times so far. Getting ready to workout again.
Phantastica, I hope that you will be able to check out some groups by your house soon. I know when I don't go to meetings, the accountablility messes me up and I usually end up gaining. :( Sounds like you are staying on track even without a TOPS group right now. That is great about the cardio workouts too! Keep up the great work!
Pita, how are you working on losing your weight? I am just eating smaller portions, lots of fruits and veggies, and grilled items. I have cut out pop to one glass a week. Don't eat junk food or sweets. Plus I drink lots and lots of unsweetened iced tea and water.
Well I need to get my big butt in gear for the day and do my workout. Plus I need to pick up my paycheck from work before noon or they mail them. Kind of need the money too bad to wait until Monday or Tuesday to get it in the mail.
Have a great Friday!
Take care,
Kerry

Pita09
07-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Good morning :wave:

Kerry don't beat yourself up over the gain. I had my weigh-in last night and was a little upset that I gained a pound and a half. But I know my eating and exercise have been great all week. I started TOM yesterday right before the meeting and I'm blaming that fun little curse on my weight gain. :mad:

My eating plan is to stick to the healthiest foods possible. I eat lots of veggies, fruits, lean meats, low fat dairy, whole wheat, walnuts, tea and coffee, and a ton of water. I work out 4 days a week at Curves and do my own thing a couple of days at home with an exercise ball and resistance bands. I weigh everything I eat and keep track of what I eat on Fitday. I joined this board and then TOPS for support and accountability.

I began this way of eating and living over a year and half ago but have fallen to my old ways many, many times. Hence why I'm not thin yet! ;) I read the YOU: on a diet book by the Oprah doctors and loved the common sense approach that I already believed in. Something also really clicked inside me. I got a brand new life at 40 and it is beyond my dreams. The only thing clingy to me and pulling me back to my past is this lousy weight issue. I'm sick of it!! So on July 1st I declared it my Independence Day and so far I feel great. Mentally my head is here and ready to do this. It's an everyday battle and I can't let go of my determination for a moment. I will be thin, healthy, and sexy in the year 2008!! :carrot:

As for the challenge, I don't have one in mind really. I just think it will be good for us to have something to focus on in addition to everything else we are doing. Some sort of short term goal we can work for maybe? I'll think on it.

Have a fantastic day. I got to go get the coffee started and get my butt on that exercise ball. :)

KAR73
07-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Evening Pita and Phantastica,
Hope you both had a fantastic day! My day was okay. My stepsons' brought over an unexpected guest with them today. So they acted up all day long to show off for their friend. That made things tense between the hubby and me all day long. Every time I went to use the computer or watch something on tv, I got beaten to it by one of them. So I was never so glad to go work this evening. But because of me being in a bad mood all day long, it made for one long night at work. I was never so glad to see 10 p.m. roll around. But I did eat healthy today. So in all the stress I was under I was able not to succumb to being an emotional eater. I think that is a first in a long time. I ate a small bowl of Cherrios this morning. For lunch, we took the kids to Wendy's. Well everyone feasted on hamburgers and fries, I ate a grilled chicken sandwich and a baked potato. Then for dinner tonight, I drank a Slim-Fast shake on my 5 minute break. I also had two snacks today. A dozen baby carrots before going to work. Then on my last break of the evening, I ate a Slim-Fast Peanut Butter Cookie bar. This seemed to help eating like this today. That way I was not starving to death by the time I came home, like I was last night.
So what are your big plans for the weekend? I have to work in the morning from 9 to 2. Then I am going to enjoy the rest of my day off. I might try and go see a few of my sds' ballgames tomorrow afternoon. They are playing in a local tournment in my town.
Well I better go and get some rest. Have a great evening!
Take care,
Kerry

Pita09
07-29-2007, 09:11 AM
Good morning! :wave:

I just finished my high fiber breakfast and am on my second cup of chai tea. I'll start in on the coffee soon. ;)

Yesterday, we had a long day. My daughter flew home from spending the last 2 months with her dad down in Orlando. It is a two hour drive to the Atlanta airport from where we live and her plane got delayed two hours do to lightening in Florida. Not the most fun way to spend an afternoon.

Once we finally got back to town we were all starving and she wanted Olive Garden. I was very proud of myself for sticking to the Venetian apricot chicken with veggies (480 calories and tasty!), low fat dressing on the salad, no bread, and only one glass of red wine. Normally, it would have been a huge plate of Alfredo and all the breadsticks I could devour.

I got up at 2:00 am and weighed and was thrilled to see the scales at 235. This morning the scales still read the same, so, I put myself a little cheerleader in my sig announcing my happy news. :D

Today, I have some work to do for my college courses, get the kid unpacked and wash up all her dirty clothes, and go out for coffee with our best buds later this afternoon. Looks like rain here and for that I'm very thankful!!

I hope everyone has a lovely day and remains focused on your goals! :hug:

phantastica
07-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Good Morning, everyone!

Kar, how old are your stepchildren? I, personally, have been a little more dominant in my household. I would have told the kids to go outside and play instead of going online or watching TV when they have company. Don't overlook your own need for relaxation and pleasure, especially when you have to go to work later!

Pita, congrats on 235!! How old is your daughter? What kind of classes are you taking, and are you taking them in pursuit of a degree? How fun! I like school.

I have a sixteen-year-old son who lives with his dad and visits every other weekend (though he lived with me for the first fifteen years), otherwise I live alone.

My weekend - my plans yesterday to visit a friend fell through unexpectedly, so I did household stuff instead. Laundry, dishes, grocery shopping, washed car, got oil changed, cleaned a bit of the storage room, precooked food for meals this week, etc.

Today I was planning to do some exercise, but I'm feeling pretty lazy. I have an aerobic dance video that I do in my living room. I'm thinking of going over to my mom's house to sit by the pool and get some sun, then later meeting up with a friend.

Pita09
07-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Hi Phantastica, I sure would like to be lounging around a pool today. I live in an apartment complex with a lot of college students. Lying out by the pool with a bunch of young, thin, tan girls is not my idea of fun. :D

My daughter is 15 and is about to be a sophomore in high school. She is one of those, "I'm my own person so don't label me" kind of kids. Very bright, precocious, and a slob! I got to admit I enjoyed seeing her room all spotless for the last two months. ;)

I go to a technical college where I'm getting my marketing management diploma. This is my fourth quarter and I have two more to complete. It's been fun to be a college student at 40. I spent 20 years of my life running a child care business out of my home. This is definitely different!!

Well, I'm off to Starbucks for an iced coffee and some good conversation. :wave:

KAR73
07-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Hi Ladies,
Phantastica, my stepkids are 11 year-old girl and twin 9 year-old boys. The little girl was in the Outter Banks with a friend from her mom's work for the week. So it was just the boys and their little friend. Normally we do kick them outside and tell them to play. But we had some nasty thunderstorms that day. But I can tell you that I think it will be a long time before they ever have a little friend over again. So what kind of good healthy food are you cooking for this week? Hope you enjoy the afternoon at your mom's by the pool.
Pita, sounds like you are glad to have your daughter home. Sorry to hear that you had a long afternoon trying to get her yesterday. Don't you love doing laundry after a trip? Fun fun fun. Great news on your weight loss! Keep it up! I do the same thing with the scales. I have a nasty habit of weighing myself in the mornings and at night before going to bed. Hope you are able to get a nice dent in your college work today.
I didn't get my workout done today. The boys played in ball tournments all weekend long. So I am a little tired today and decided to take the day off. Plus the humidity is so awful in Ohio today. It looks like it is getting ready to storm. SO maybe it is a good thing the boys lost their game this morning.
Well I think I am going to go and take me a little nap right now. We are suppose to go to the city pool tonight for a pool party for their regular season baseball team. I haven't decided if I am going to go swimming or not yet. I feel uncomfortable wearing my swimming suit in front of people at times. If that makes any sense.
Have a great afternoon ladies!
Later,
Kerry

Pita09
07-30-2007, 08:48 AM

I need your opinions and help on a TOPS contest that I'm putting together for this weeks meeting. What I've done is find a very cute pick of a flower with 16 petals that comes from a coloring book I found online. I will print this out for each member and they will color 1/2 to a whole petal for different things they do. Below is what I have so far for them to do. I would like a few more ideas that would be practical and helpful for the members.

What do you think?

Flower Power Rules

Color one whole petal if you:
Lose a pound (one petal per pound)
Stay for the whole meeting
Do a program
For contacting and giving support to a member (only one petal for the week)

Color half a petal if you:
1/4 to1/2 pound loss
Turtle
Bring in a food journal (half a petal for each journal, 3 possible)
Bring in a healthy recipe to share with the group

phantastica
07-30-2007, 09:27 AM
What does "do a program" consist of?

We've also had thhings like exercise 3x a week, drink 64 oz of water a day for a week.

Does "For contacting and giving support to a member" mean outside of the regular meetings?

Pita09
07-30-2007, 09:40 AM
What does "do a program" consist of?

We've also had thhings like exercise 3x a week, drink 64 oz of water a day for a week.

Does "For contacting and giving support to a member" mean outside of the regular meetings?

Doing a program means preparing a presentation to give to the group. Example: In a couple of weeks I plan to do a program on the good and bad of fats. Mainly focusing on the type of good fats we should be eating and talking about the bad fats such as trans-fats. I will have a handout with a food list on it, etc.

Yes, contacting means to call or email a member outside of the regular meeting.

Good ideas about the water and exercise!

KAR73
07-31-2007, 10:26 AM
Morning Ladies,
Pita that contest sounds really good. I like it. What if you added something in about eating the daily serving size of veggies and fruits? Since I know a lot of people and myself included have a hard time getting those all in. Also stay away from sweets and junk food. Those are just some suggestions. Bring an diet tip in that they read from a magazine and share with the group.
Well this evening is the big weigh-in. I am hoping for a loss. I better think about getting some kind of excerise in for the day.
Oh, by the way I quit my part time job yesterday. I didn't like how they were treating me and I was becoming really moody and depressed at home only have three days there. So my dh and I talked about it and he said it would be okay if I quit. Not to stay there and make myself miserable. So I am now patiently waiting for school to start back up so I can work the after-school program.
Well I better go and get my fat behind moving. LOL
Chat with you ladies later! Have a great day!
Kerry

Pita09
07-31-2007, 02:57 PM
Kerry my thoughts are with you for a good weigh-in tonight. :hug:

I have been really watching my calories, exercising hard, and obsessively standing on the scales every time I go pee! I know I got the TOM weight off and am trying for at least 2 pounds. I got two more days to make it happen. :D

These are the rules I decided upon for the challenge for TOPS. Let me know what you think since I'm not making the copies until Thursday when I can get them done cheap at my school's library.

Color one petal for doing any of the following

Have a loss (one petal for losing 1/4 to one pound; additional petals as needed)
Weigh-in and stay for the whole meeting
Call or email a member to give encouragement and support
Bring in a weekly food journal (one petal for 2 to 4 days, two petals for a whole week)
Exercise for at least 20 minutes a day (one petal for 2 to 4 days, two petals for 5-7 days)
Bring in a healthy recipe, article, or idea to share with the group. (2 petals for giving a full program)

KAR73
07-31-2007, 11:29 PM
Pita I really like those rules for your contest. I think they are manageable and doable. I had a sick dh on my hands today, so I was able to run into town long enough to stop and weigh in at TOPS, run to the store to buy some aleve and chicken noodle soup and come home. But I did manage to lose 2 1/2 pounds. So I am happy about that. I am very tired and think I am going to go to bed now. So I will chat with you tomorrow.
Phantasica, hope your week is going great!

Pita09
08-01-2007, 08:24 AM
:cp: Wayyyyyyy to go on the 2 1/2 pound loss, Kerry!! That is fantastic! :cp:

I have a meeting today with my club at school and there was talk of ordering pizza. :yikes: I really don't need one of my biggest weaknesses showing up the day before weigh-in. Not to mention it will be at lunchtime and I'll be starving. If I do have any, I will make it work with my calories for the day and workout afterwards.

Have a great day!!

KAR73
08-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Hi Phantastica and Pita,
I hope you both had a good day! I push mowed our yard today. So that was my excersise for the day. I did eat good too! I think I did. I had a Slim fast shake for breakfast. For lunch I had a chicken salad from Wendy's and a small choc. frosty. Then we had a birthday party to go to tonight at the city pool. I ate 2 hot dogs, a small handful of chips and a small piece of cake.
So Pita how did your meeting go at school today? Did you behave around the pizza? Hope you have a great weigh in tomorrow evening.
Well I think I am signing off the computer and going to bed early. I am just a little tired this evening. That sun did a number on me today. I still have a little bit left to do tomorrow morning.
Chat with you both later.
Kerry

Pita09
08-02-2007, 08:09 AM
Good morning :wave

Thanks for reminding me about the pizza, Kerry! :o I had three pieces, 2 cheese and one sausage. The scales don't show a gain this morning, but they also don't show a loss. :mad: I'm going to eat very little today, exercise really hard at Curves, take my daughter school shopping this afternoon. Maybe by this evening's weigh-in I will have something good to report. If not I have only myself and weakness to blame.

You have a great day and I'll report back in tonight. :hug:

KAR73
08-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Hope you have a great weigh-in tonight Pita! Sending positive thoughts your way. Sounds like you are going to keep yourself busy today so you won't be thinking about food. Hope you have a great day!

707Goddess
08-02-2007, 02:15 PM
ok im jumping in i looked it up on the web site and i love the idea and only 24 a YEAR ?????? can that be right? i was sooooooo successfull when i went to WW meeting i just cant afford it now im gonna go to the next meeting for sure theres 2 by my house in the evenings im gonna check it out hope ya'll dont mind me jumping in

KAR73
08-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Welcome Michelle. Yes that is right about the $24 dollars a year. Then there might be monthly dues at your chapter. My chapter charges 2.50 a month. That is to help with charms and awards. If my memory serves me right it is free the first two meetings you attend.
Take care,
Kerry

Pita09
08-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Hi Michelle, glad to have you here!! My chapter charges only $4.00 a month for the dues. I know that the first meeting is free. The main reason to hurry and pay for your membership is so that your weight loss can start being officially counted. I hope you find a club that is doing well and will give you good support.

Well, I went to my meeting tonight. I didn't really lose since I only lost the 1 1/2 lbs that I gained last week from TOM. So frustrating, but what can I do. I have to keep plugging along doing my best and wait for this weight to get the heck off me!!

The members were very excited about the new challenge with the flower. I hope it motivates us all to do our best. Lord knows this little group of mine can use all the motivation it can get. ;)

KAR73
08-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Hey Pita atleast you lost something this week! Glad your club liked your flower idea. My club has to come up with a contest for this fall. So that is what i might be working on for the next couple of days.
Hi to Michelle and Phantastica! Hope you are having a great day!
I have to go and run some errands. Chat with you all later.
Kerry

Pita09
08-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Kerry, have you seen this site? It has lots of good ideas.
http://www.tops123.com/StdTOPS/ideas.html

I took the kid school shopping, and believe it or not, we had a wonderful day together. She is well under budget and loves everything she got. I do love a miracle! :)

KAR73
08-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi Gals,
Hope you are having a great weekend! I was able to sleep in a little bit this morning. It sure did feel good.
Pita, I have checked out that website before. I will have to do that again. Thanks for reminding me of it. I have found some great ideas there in the past. Glad you enjoyed school shopping with your dd. I am going to have to do that for myself here in a few weeks. I find that each year I put it off more and more until the last minute. I guess it is because I don't want to go back to school. LOL
Well I went to that wedding reception with my dh last night. It was nice, but all you did was sit around and chat with people. Plus it was so hot in there. After having a small piece of cake, we left just two hours into the reception.
Well I better think about moving this fat butt and doing some kind of excerise. Chat with you all later.
Have a great weekend!
Kerry

KAR73
08-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Pita I got three ideas from that website that I am going to bring up on Tuesday night at my meeting.
I did get my WATP's 2 mile tape done. Now I am working on writing info. on my Avon books.

Pita09
08-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Kerry, I'm thinking of you and hoping your weigh-in went the way you wanted it to go. I assume that you want it to go down, right? :D

I'm struggling this week and up about 3 lbs right now. I'm ovulating which I really believes makes me gain. Plus, I wasn't very good this last weekend. I had no water and no exercise and went to a party where I had one to many jalapeno roll-ups!! :o I have done great the last two days and today have drank about a gallon and half of water. Yes, I will be up all night long heading to the bathroom and stepping on the scales while I'm in there. ;)

KAR73
08-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Pita,
I gained 4 3/4 pounds. I know that it is from not getting enough water and not excerising. We have had really hot weather here the last week or so. So hot that I wore a sore on my thigh from my shorts. It really hurt so I didn't exercise for fear I would make it worse. Plus the heat doesn't help much when the heat index is 103 and we have no a/c.
Hope your weigh in goes well.
Well I better go and find some light clothes to wear to bed. Still 90 out there at this time. YUCK!
Kerry

Pita09
08-09-2007, 08:46 AM

Kerry, I agree that the heat and no water has to be the cause of our weight gains. I know my eating has been perfect and there is no reason for me not to be losing.

My weight recorder called last night and the meeting has been cancelled for this week because of the heat. We meet in a room in a church and it does have air but isn't on until we get there and turn it on. Take almost the full hour for the place to start to feel cool. The area where the scales are is not air conditioned at all and our weight recorder has been ill this week. I'll relieved for the obvious reasons, plus I didn't want to have to sit in that stifling room either. I'll get the weight off this week and be good to go!

kaplods
08-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Hello everyone,

Hubby and I went to TOPS on Monday for the first time in our area (I had been a TOPS member in teh 90's. Lost a lot of weight, moved and my work hours conflicted with all of the meetings). Since hubby and I are both on disability scheduling isn't a problem anymore.

We'll be joining officially this coming Monday. Our monthly dues are $3 month each, and $36 for annual fees ($24 plus 1/2 off for a spouse). I think other family members in the same house, or at least teen children, also get the family discount. We figured that the 1st month at WW would cost more than an entire year of TOPS, and I love the contests and prizes.

My new rheumatologist is recommending WLS, though. I remember when I was a member in the past, you weren't eligible for national recognition or awards if you used medical intervention to lose weight (medications or surgery), but does anyone know if there's a policy against TOPS membership if you've had surgery? I guess I will ask the leader at our next meeting.

Even if I do decide on surgery it will takes months, possibly even a year or more to get approval, so I'm not too concerned at this point, was just wondering.

phantastica
08-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Colleen, I think they have a separate division for members who have had WLS.

kaplods
08-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Oh that would be neat. I know I'm getting ahead of myself. If I can do it without surgery, bonus! But, I've got so many obesity related health problems, I have to consider every option at this point.

Pita09
08-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Colleen, that is so great that you and your hubby joined TOPS together. I know it sure helps me to have my Sweetie supporting me and sticking to the same plan that I'm doing. He is actually much more fit and healthy so I use him as a role model. Plus, he loves when I experiment in the kitchen with healthy recipes. :D

KAR73
08-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Hi Everyone,
Welcome Colleen! That is great that your hubby is going to TOPS with you. My dh is a skinny minny and has just finally started to be supportive after 5 years of being a negative butt head. But I think a lot of it has to do with his 11 year-old daughter being 190 pounds, too. I have tried to get her to go with me to TOPS but she said that her mom won't agree about it. Her mom is very heavy and doesn't think any of them have a weigh issue. How was your meeting last night?
Pita and Phatansitca how are you doing?
I went to TOPS this evening and lost 1 1/2 pounds. So I was happy with my loss. Now if I could just get myself back to excerising I would be a happy camper.
I have to make a sample of a contest I brought up to the group tonight. It is called Turn over a New Leaf. It is a tree with six leaves on it. One the one side of the leaf (green) is a bad habit and on the colorful side is a good habit. Once the person turns over all the leaves first is the winner. So I am hoping that they like it once they see it done.
Well I hope you are all doing fine and having a great week. Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry

kaplods
08-15-2007, 01:33 AM
The meeting went great. Hubby set up a visit with his mother for Monday without really talking to me about it first, and then the following two Mondays we'll be in Illinois on vacation to see my parents. I got a bit miffed at him, and he said that I told him it was ok (yeah, I can just imagine when he asked, since his Mom usually calls him early in the morning, usually before I'm awake). We're going to call tomorrow and reschedule with her if we can.

I'm psyched though, and really looking forward to that first 10 lbs charm.

Pita09
08-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Good morning TOPS buddies! :wave:

Kerry, way to go on the loss!! :bravo:

Well, I went to my meeting last night and I'm very pleased to announce that I lost 3 3/4 pounds. Finally I got to move my ticker down!! :carrot:

I'm off to get my nails done and to buy a new pair of workout shoes.

Have a great day!!

KAR73
08-17-2007, 04:00 PM
Pita congrats on your loss! Keep up the good work. So what kind of workout shoes did you buy?
I have been busy trying to get those last minute things done before school starts in two weeks. I am sort of looking forward to going back to school and then I am not to. Oh well, maybe once I get a set routine again I will start losing again on a regular basis.
Colleen enjoy your visits with inlaws and your parents. I know that you will do fine and get that 10 pound charm very soon.
Well off to take a nap. I had to get up early today and take my nephew school clothes shopping. Now I am worn out.
Chat with you all later.
Kerry

Pita09
08-17-2007, 05:44 PM
That's funny! You are waiting two weeks to start school and I'm waiting for two weeks to be out of school. I'll have a three week vacation before my fall quarter begins. Just two more to go and I'm out of there!!

I bought some cute pink and white Nikes. They feel good but I'll have to test them out on Monday at Curves. I have the most temperamental feet. :rolleyes:

Well, I'm off to Starbucks with my Sweetie and two of our best gal pals. It's a ritual sort of thing. I'll be good. NO lattes for this chickie!

KAR73
08-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Hi Pita,
That is funny about school. I know once I go back to school I will be on a set schedule and can lose the weight better than being free to graze at home.
Glad you found a cute pair of Nikes. I have to wait until after school starts for me to go buy some school clothes and some dress shoes. I can only wear Clark shoes. They are expensive. So I have to wait until my first paycheck in the new school year with my pay raise on it and if the shoes are on sale.
Enjoy your evening at Starbucks. My TOM of started tonight so I am hoping that by Tuesday I don't have a huge gain. A loss would be nice. So I have to watch what I eat and drink from now and until then. I have been doing good so far this week.
Take care,
Kerry

Pita09
08-18-2007, 07:50 AM
Bad kids! They should tough up and go barefoot! :D

KAR73
08-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Shy Moment,
I love your sense of humor! You are so true about kids today and wanting everything. My three stepkids think that because they want it they should be able to get it. They are learning real quick that they have to work for it or they aren't going to get it.
I bet it is very diffcult trying to find shoes that don't look too kiddish.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Kerry

Pita09
08-19-2007, 09:44 PM
^^^^^^^^Shy Moment, you are such a riot. I love those cartoon of yours too! :D

Kerry, my 15 year old daughter and I have the argument over "life is not fair" all the time. She is a very spoiled girl, who gets more than your average teenager, yet lives in a state of emotional angst. :rolleyes: She likes to complain that my boyfriend buys me more stuff than her. I just smile and say, "Honey, get your own sugar daddy." ;)

KAR73
08-19-2007, 11:48 PM
I can relate about your daughter. Because my stepdaughter got mad the first summer I was dating her daddy and we went to a county fair. He played a game and won me a stuffed dalamation with a fire cheif's hat on it. She pouted until he won her a stuffed animal.

KAR73
08-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Shy Moment you are so true about how tough they have it today. I went two years before buying me a pair of new tennis shoes this past July. My stepkids were like wow what kind of shoes are you buying of us. Needless to say it was dad and Kerry that walked out of the Shoe Dept. that day with shoes and not the kids. :)
Went to TOPS this evening and lost another pound. I was pleased since I had a family reunion on Sunday and had pizza at work today for lunch. So I will gladly take my pound loss.
Hope you are all having a great week! Heres to you all having a great weigh-in at your TOPS meetings this week! :)
Off to unwind a little bit before bed. Chat with you all later.
Kerry

KAR73
08-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Hi Ladies,
Hope everyone is having a great week! It sure has been hot and humid here in SE Ohio. Can't wait for the fall weather to make an apperance and cool things off.
I have gotten into my spanky brand new school building and have unpacked all my classroom materials. Now I have to go tomorrow for an inservice on the technology that will be at our school. So many advancements since I started teaching 10 years ago. Went from chalkboards, to dry erase and now something called a smart board. Then one day next week, my aide and I are going to figure out our bulletin boards and get my lesson plans ready for the first week of school.
My eating has been good this week. Been getting in a lot of water too. The only thing I haven't been able to add in yet is exercise since it has been so hot! Hope to do that soon though.
Hope you are all having a great week! Hope you have some losses to share with me soon!
Take care,
Kerry

Pita09
08-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Kerry, good luck with school. What grade do you teach again? I'm sure you told us, but I have a memory like Swiss cheese. :o

I went to my meeting tonight and because of TOM visiting me, I managed to turtle. That is OK, because I was up 3 lbs yesterday, but today I exercised like crazy, took a water pill, and watched what I ate really closely. I know I'll have a loss next week.

Have a great night! :hug:

KAR73
08-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Congrats on the turtle with your TOM! I know that you will have a loss next week.
I teach 6th through 8th grade multihandicapped students. This year should be different since we are actually in the building and not a portable. We have a bathroom with a changing table, shower, sink and toliet. Then we also will have a little kitchenette with stove, microwave, fridge and sink. Plus I will have a washer and dryer to teach my kids laundry skills. So I am really looking forward to the new school year.

KAR73
08-29-2007, 08:17 AM
No news here to report. I didn't go to my TOPS meeting last night, since my sister was in town for a visit and had tickets to an outdoor drama. So I went with her to that. Hope you are all having a great week!

Pita09
09-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Hey everyone! I totally forgot to come and report in. I went to meeting on Thursday and only lost a 1/4 of a pound. I'm REALLY frustrated by it because my calories have been kept under 1600, I have drank my water and then some, and even upped my workouts to 45 minutes. I was really hoping to get below 230 this week. But NO! :(

I'm not giving up that is for sure and plan to tweak a few things this week to see what I can do to get the scale to move on down!

Have a great week! :hug:

MyChoice2bfit
09-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Hello,

I am a TOPS member--for about 4 years now. I LOVE TOPS and when I work the program I do very well with my weight loss, I had lost 55 lbs. Then in the next two years, I gained it back. Why? I didn't make me a priority with my eating program and exercise and slowly I inched back up the scale.

I also had a lot of life changes in those two years and I used them as a crutch. I'm ready to not do that anymore and I'm looking for added support; this time I am going to reach my goal weight!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you gals and encourged you and being encourged.

I just called my exericse pal and we are going to meet at 1:00 for a walk. I got up yesterday and went for one too. I have two goals today. No, surgery sweets between meals today and to get that walk in.

I'm looking forward to reading and answering everyones posts.

Pita09
09-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Welcome to our TOPS group, Suzie! :hug: I'm so happy to have you here and look forward to getting to know you.

I so understand the need to make yourself the priority. Otherwise the weight that we so want off isn't going to happen. I once lost 45 lbs going to TOPS and then stopped and let life get in my way. NOT this time!!

I really believe that having a good support system and accountability are vital to our success.

KAR73
09-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Evening Ladies,
I went to my TOPS meeting tonight. Mind you I haven't been there for two weeks and gained 3 3/4 pounds. So I am hoping that now I am back to school things go better for me and I can start taking the weight back off.
Welcome Susie! What part of Ohio are you from? I live in the Southeast part of it.
Pita I hope you have a loss this week when you go weigh-in. I know that you will be at or below 230.
Well I am off to do some school work. Today was the first day of school. So I guess I should try and get back in the swing of things. Chat with you all later.
Have a great week!
Kerry

MyChoice2bfit
09-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Good evening Ladies:

I plan on making it here every night to post--it keeps me honest with myself and it's sort of my journal/log.

I didn't do to well at lunch today--I forgot to take it with me and I bought it in the cafeteria, but I did go for a nice walk after my nieces soccer game and I had a light supper to make up for lunch.

I've gone for a walk every day now since Saturday morning. I'm getting back into the swing of it---doing a lot of self-talking to myself. Sometimes I have to talk to myself and talk myself out of "using food to satisfy my frustrated desires" it feels silly but it does help me--as long as I do it.

Kar: Thank you for the welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your gain. You know why it's important to go to the weekly meetings---it keeps us on track. You did a good thing by going and getting back on track.
You asked where I am from in Ohio. I'm in South West. Smack dab between Columbus and Cincinnati. My chapter is TOPS OH-0776.

Pita: Thank you for the warm welcome--I'm looking foward to getting to know you too. I remember when I slipped out of those 230's into the 220's. It was an amazing feeling. I hope that happens for you this week.

Ladies, I'm looking forward to Taking off Pounds with you both!

KAR73
09-05-2007, 06:59 AM
Morning Ladies,
Hope you have a wonderful day! I am planning to stay on track again today. Just eat breakfast, lunch, snack with my students at school ( a healthy one), dinner and a snack of 100 calories Cheese Nips). Plus drink my water for the day too. I am hoping that this evening I can talk my dh in to going for a walk with me. Or I will just go by myself.
Susie that is great that you are getting back on track too. Wonderful news about walking every day. I use to do that but fell out of the habit when I got sick earlier this year. Now I have to work on getting back on track with that too.
Pita hope things are going well for you this week. Did you finish up school? I started back to school yesterday.
Well I am off to teach my students for the day. I will check back in with you all later.
Have a wonderful day!
Kerry

MyChoice2bfit
09-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Good Evening Ladies,
I had a pretty good day today. I gave in a little to a sugar craving, but not as much had I have in the past. Still, I don't want to give in at all. I'll keep working towards it. I want to want to loose weight more than give in to times like that. I have to really be careful when I do, because it can get out of control very easily for me.

I did walk tonight--2 miles.

Tomorrow is weigh-in; I might have a gain because I didn't really start watching what I was eating until Monday.

I'll most likely check in Friday morning. Thursday evening is busy for me with the meeting, then working out and then getting dinner.

Looking forward to reading your posts.

kaplods
09-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Hello everybody! Yesterday, Hubby and I got back from 10 days in Illinois with my family. We're broke and exhausted, and so gla to be home. I watched very carefull, and used my food journal for about half of the trip. The latter half not so much, but I still did fairly well. I weighed at night when we got home, which wasn't smart, but I was very anxious to see if I had made my goal of not gaining. It looked like I'd gained three pounds, but I decided not to "count" it until I weighed today at my usual time. The scale was down to what I weighed before I left, so I made it! Yeahhhh!

Our TOPS meeting isn't until next Monday, so I can still lose. I'm giving a presentation on the exchange cards available on the TOPS website to our group, so I definitely didn't want to have a gain on the day I provided the program.

KAR73
09-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Evening Ladies,
Colleen, sounds like you had a nice vacation. I will keep my fingers crossed that you don't have a gain on Monday for your weigh-in. I hope that your program goes well.
Susie, glad you had another great day of eating and getting your walk in. Hope things go well for you tomorrow night at your meeting. You never know you might have a loss after all.
I did really good with my eating and water intake today. I tried to get a walk in with my dh this evening. We were on our way to go walk when we ran into two of his buddies and they wanted him to do something with them. So he took me home and went to be with them. I was so mad. I couldn't walk by myself after he dropped me off because it was getting dark. I don't mind walking in the dark with him but I do by myself. He promised that tomorrow evening he will go for a walk with me. I guess I will just have to count all the walking I did at school today as my excerise for the day.
Pita how is your week going for you?
Well I am off to go to bed. 6 am comes awful early and need to be brighted eyed and bushy tailed for my ten special needs students. I will chat with you all tomorrow. Have a great evening!
Kerry

Pita09
09-07-2007, 07:41 AM
Good morning ladies :wave

Well, I weighed in last night and to my utter disappointment I was up a 1/2 lb. Now this is solely because I was ovulating yesterday!!:mad: I have been tracking my cycle for about 6 months now and I do gain during that time. At least it wasn't more and the scales showed a pound down this morning.

I have upped my exercise at Curves this week to an hour! :exercise:I'm very proud of myself for doing this and soon I will begin walking a few nights in the evenings with my daughter. My boyfriend told me yesterday as he was behind me going up the stairs that my shape has really changed and I'm looking firmer and leaner. How I love that man! ;)

Colleen, welcome back and good for you for not gaining while visiting the family. That is awesome and you better be VERY proud of yourself. :bravo:

Susie, you are doing awesome! The walking is going to pay off big time as you know. I think it's good to check in here often and I plan to do the same. Support is so very important I have discovered. :)

Kerry, you will get those pounds off!! Like you said, being back at school and having a more structured routine will help. :hug:

I am out of school for the next three weeks. I took my final on Wednesday and found out that I got an A in the class. I'm sure I did in my other one as well. Which means that my 4.0 GPA is still intact. :carrot: I go back on 9/26 and will be taking Principles of Selling and Accounting. The accounting book weighs 10 lbs and cost $147. Isn't that insane!! :eek:

OK, I'm off to Curves to do my hour. We are having coffee later with our friends and then a lovely trip to Walmart for needed items to get through the weekend.

Have a terrific weekend and remember to Take Off Pounds Sensibly!! :D

jaxjob
09-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Hi everyone,

I went to my first TOPS meeting yesterday. Although I've been doing well by myself, I wanted some real-life support, so went to check it out. There's only one group that meets during the day, so I went. I think I will join next week. my weigh-in was similar to my home scale, so that helps.

I looked at the TOPS book they loaned me, I won't be doing the TOPS-specific plan since I'm following the Sonoma diet, but I look forward to the support. One lady gave everyone (including me) cantaloupes from her garden! Very nice.

Jax

Pita09
09-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Hi Jax :wave:

Good for you for joining TOPS. I don't follow their plan either and they don't push it. What I like besides the support is the accountability to myself that weighing in once a week gives me. It keeps me honest and on track, which is something I really need. ;)

MyChoice2bfit
09-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Hi Everyone:

I've been trying to get here. I'm glad I finally made it.
I am happy to report that I stayed the same at my weigh-in. Mentally I needed that (or a loss), so now, I can work really hard to see a loss at this coming Thursdsay's meeting.

I just found out that a very good friend of mine is going to be married on the beach in the Outerbanks next June. You know I want to go to that wedding looking good. I feel that if I loose 50 lbs for that wedding I will think I look amazing. It would be fun to show up and have everyone surprised at the weight I have lost. It's my new goal to work towards.

Pita: that 1/2 lb gain will be gone next week. I used to have a gain around my ovalation time too.

Jax: TOPS is an amazing place for support. I'm glad you joined and I'm glad that you joined us too.

Kar: I don't like to walk in the dark by myself eithier. Have you every tried the Walk Away the pounds videos? It's a thought since it is now getting dark earlier in the evening.

Kap: That is so great that your journaled on your trip and that you are the same weight. I bet you will show a loss on Monday. Good luck with your program.

Well, I need to go finish cleaning my bathroom. I was in the middle of my house cleaning when dh and I decided to catch a matinee meeting--we went to see Hairspray--I LOVED it, and I didn't get my bathroom cleaned before we left, so I'm going to finish it now. Tomorrow the Y is open and I want to get there for a workout and not have to finish doing housework.

I plan on checking in tomorrow.

kaplods
09-08-2007, 09:31 PM
I'm so excited. I weighed myself this morning (after the cat of course, explain that in a bit), and I'm another 2 lbs down. It seems a little fast for just a couple days at home, so I may have actually "lost" while vacationing, but gained water weight from the higher salt (we ate out more than we usuallly would, of course). Ooh, I can hardly wait to weigh in at the meeting Monday night.

Ok, as to the cat getting weighed first. When I first bought my scale I wanted to tests it's accuracy, so I would put the cat on the scale and praise her for sitting still, so I could weigh her and then myself. I never gave her a treat, just the praise, but it wasn't long before she would come running as soon as she heard me get out the scale. The problem was, she wouldn't want to get off, and if I set her on the floor and stepped on the scale, she would step on with me. Then I had to have my husband call her to get her off the scale (he'd shake the treat jug, and then give her a treat, so the habit got even stronger, because she now gets a treat for the whole silly business. Well, when we returned, from our long trip (poor kitty, 10 days without a weigh-in) the first time I got out the scale, kitty nearly killed herself rushing to the scale. She was running at such top speed that when she hit the linoleum, she slid, nearly whacking herself into the wall. Oh, it was so funny. Even a cat shouldn't be THAT thrilled to get weighed.

MyChoice2bfit
09-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Hi,

Kaplods: I'm glad to hear that the scales are showing you good things--I hope that tomorrow night is a great weigh-in for you. :hat:
Your kitty story is so funny. :lol: I have a kitty like that--he makes me laugh everyday with his funny personality.

I had a great workout today. The Y that I belong to is open again on Sunday's. I had a great cardio workout. I did 30 min on the treadmill(did 1.50 miles) and then 10 min on the eliptical (did .70 miles). Worked up a great sweat and worked up a better "feeling good about me" feeling.

I'll see you all tomorrow.

Pita09
09-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Colleen, I nearly spewed my iced coffee all over the monitor with that cat story. Wayyyy funny!! :lol3:

Congrats on the weight loss!! :bravo:

Keep up your good work as well, Susie. :)

Yesterday wasn't such a great day for me. We ended up at a party over at some friends where I nibbled on this and that way more than I should have. Then it was off to dinner for a not the best choice of chicken I could have ordered. Then two iced coffees at Starbucks which kept me up most the night. I managed to do 45 minutes working out this morning, but it about killed me. I'll be back on track tomorrow after a day of lots of water to detox myself.

KAR73
09-11-2007, 08:08 AM
Morning All,
Welcome Jax! Glad you joined TOPS and us here for support. I think you will really enjoy yourself at TOPS. I know I do for the friendship, accountablity and support.
Colleen how did you do yesterday at your meeting? Congrats on the weight loss from vacation. Love your story about your cat. RAOF Hope your program went great.
Pita, every once in awhile it is not bad to splurge at a party. I am sure that you will be fine come the time you have your weigh-in.
Susie, I have some WATP tapes. I just have to movitate myself to start doing them again. But when it is nice out, I like to walk outside. I will start working out again soon.
Well I started the afterschool program last night. I will do this every night except Fridays. So I am at school from about 7:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. Sure does make for some super long days. I hope that I can get into a routine with it soon. Well I have TOPS tonight and shall see if my eating habits and drinking lots of water have paid off for last week.
Well I better go and check to see if my kids at ready to come into the building yet. Chat with you all later. Have a great day!
Kerry

kaplods
09-11-2007, 08:30 AM
I lost! According to the scale 7 lbs (7.5 for hubby). It didn't seem like that much at home (maybe I'm being paranoid). Next week I think I will to weigh in at home, right before I leave for the meeting, as I'm not sure I trust the TOPS balance scale. Tthey have to add a "C" clamp to the end of the beam to weight my husband and I, and it seems a little low for me, and a LOT low for my husband, and yet the weight loss at meeting seems larger than what I saw on the scale. I know that doesn't make any sense, but I'll be glad when our chapter can buy its own scale (they're using an old scale owned by the church and it's already been recalibrated a couple times, and the weight recorder still isn't happy with it. At fall rally, we'll be doing some raffles and craft sales to try and raise money for a good digital scale).

kaplods
09-11-2007, 08:34 AM
Oh, and cat lost .2 lbs too! The vet wants her to lose 1 to 2 lbs. Hubby thinks she looks fine (though he says that about me too), The cat has the little paunch cats get when they've been spayed, and the vet said that if she can get rid of that, she'll live a lot longer. She should see MIL's cat, now dubbed "chunkalunka" because she looks like a 30 lb lump of fur with a tiny head attached.

jaxjob
09-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone - just like the meeting.

Colleen - we have a cat with a "post-spay" paunch too - although hers makes her rather wide. I'd like her to lose a few lbs (she went from 7 to 10) but our other cat (ex-male) is almost too skinny, so even the vet was at a loss as to what to do. Ours don't like to be weighed though

Only a small change on the scale here over last week, two more days before my meeting. The TOPS scale was close to my home one, so I'm assuming it will still be. I think there will be more variation at meetings though, depending on what I'm wearing. Not an issue at home.

Jax

kaplods
09-11-2007, 01:49 PM
I've never had a cat that liked to be weighed, though I had a tortie before that would sit still for a few seconds to get weighed. It gave me the idea to teach this one, but I was sure I was going to have to give her treat bribes to teach her, but I read a book once that said even with cats to try praise before resorting to treats to teach behaviors.

This cat is ridiculously uncat-like, I've never run across one like her. I almost wonder if she's got some siamese in her (my previous tortie did), because she's a constant talker, and follows us around more like a little dog. I'll stop now, or take it to the pet page, because I can go on and on about our "furkid." Though actually sometimes she acts more like the furmommy to us, making sure we take our medications, meals, and naps ontime.

KAR73
09-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Collen Congrats on the weight loss! That is great after being on vacation for two weeks. Keep up the great work!
Jax I am sure that you will have a loss at your next meeting. I know that my scales at home are very close to my TOPS scales. Sometimes it only changes by a pound or two.
Hi to Pita and Susie.
Have a great afternoon. I will try and check back in this evening after my meeting.
Kerry

KAR73
09-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Evening,
Well I went to my meeting and lost 2 1/4 pounds. I was happy. That helped making up for the 3 3/4 pounds gained last week. So I am back in the losing game. I really think that being at a brand new school building which is big is helping. I have to do a lot of walking to get from my room to all the important areas in the building. After my body gets used to the long hours afterschool, I think I am going to start incorparting 30 minutes of excerise in the evenings. So I hope that I can start that next week.
Hope everyone is having a good week!
Would you folks like to do a challenge for the holidays? I don't know what we could do, but I know it would help me if I had a challenge of some kind during the holidays.
Well I better go and get ready for bed. The alarm goes off early at 6 a.m.
Chat with you all later. Have a great evening!
Kerry

MyChoice2bfit
09-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Hi Everyone,
I missed posting last night. After I got home from work, I went to do my workout at the Y and then came home, took a very quick shower and then headed out with dh to a Bengal party( and they won!). I hadn't had dinner by the time I got there but I was careful with the snacks. I did have a can of soda--I dont drink soda very often.

It was late when we got home and I get up at 5:30 a.m. I'm very tired tonight but I wanted to check in.

Good job at the scales this week Kar and Kaplods--very inspiring to us.

Jax: Hold steady and true and hopefully those TOPS scales will show a loss when you weigh-in.

Kar: I'm up for a challenge. I don't have any idea for one, but I'll sleep on it and let you know if I thought of anything.

Speaking of sleep, I'm headed to bed. You know they say when we don't get enough sleep we gain weight--I don't need that!:tired:

MyChoice2bfit
09-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Hi,
Tomorow is my weigh-in. I jumped on the scales tonight and I'm not sure if I will show a loss or not. It sort of bums me because I have done really well this week with food and exercise.

I'm telling myself that if it doesn't show on the scales this week..it will eventually and I need to think how much better I'm feeling. I really am. I don't feel stuffed in my clothes--I can feel my abs getting tighter and my lower body firming up with walking.

Still, I want to see that number on the scales go down!

I'll most likely talk to everyone on Friday. By the time I go to work, go to my meeting, workout and then eat, it's late and I just want to head to bed on Thursday's.

KAR73
09-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Good Luck Susie with your weigh-in! You will do fine.
Hi to everyone else. Been a long day and am head off to bed.
Chat with you all later.
Kerry

jaxjob
09-13-2007, 07:57 AM
Well I have my first official meeting today. So of course the home scales are up a little! Figures...

Jax

Pita09
09-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Good morning TOPS buddies! :wave

Kerry, awesome job on your 2 1/4 pounds loss!!:carrot:

Susie, you are doing great and have a good attitude. The scales will move down so just keep with your program.

Jax, good luck tonight and if the scale doesn't say what you want you also just keep on keeping on and that weight will come off.

I have my meeting tonight as well and I have my fingers and toes crossed that I will see a loss!! I'll let you all know.

I think a challenge would be great so count me in on what you decide.

Have a great and healthy day! :hug:

jaxjob
09-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Well the TOPS scale said down 0.2lbs from last week even with wearing jeans compared to a dress last time. However since I officially joined this week that is my starting weight so it didn't "count" as a loss. Does to me though!

The group is great and very supportive. They took some "before" pictures of me (if I get them I will post) and then we made some decorated hats for a regional rally. It is going to be great to get some in-person support. To complement the 3FC support I've been enjoying for some time, of course.

Jax

Pita09
09-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Jax, that is so great that you had a loss, and that you have a good and supportive group. That is so very important. :)

Well, I had my weigh-in tonight, and as you can see by my ticker and cheerleader below I FINALLY made it into the 220s. I lost three pounds and I'm so happy!! :carrot:I really believe it has been the added exercise that I've done this week and that makes me want to keep it up and see great results next week. :cool:

jaxjob
09-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Way to go Pita - congrats on getting into the 220's. Well done! :carrot::carrot:

Jax

MyChoice2bfit
09-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Hi Everyone,

Well, I guess the scales aren't ready to move yet. Stayed the same again when I weighed in on Thursday. I'm staying positive about it. I mean, what choice do I have? Get depressed, give up and then pack on more weight? NO..that is not an option for me. My self-estem can't take it and my body can't.

I'm going to miss some workouts this week..and some posting. I'm traveling a couple of days. I try to workout when I travel but I never end up doing it. I'm usually to tired at the end of the day and I've been on my feet most of the day. I'm having some back issues. Very stiff...pain when I first stand. I haven't had an adjustment in awhile so I'm going to do that when I get back in town.

Enough about me. I'm glad to see that the scales were good to Pita (220's --WOW!) and Jax and Kerry. Keep it up ladies...it's inspiring.

I'll post sometime on Tuesday or Wednesday.

MyChoice2bfit
09-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Ladies,

I have a confession. I have been totally out of control today. I had 2 candy bars and 2 sodas. I know it's because I'm tired. Why do I do this to myself?

Why do I give up what I want most for what I want now. I don't want to go weigh-in on Thursday--I am so tired of being up and down and up and down. Why can't I get this together?

I love pretty clothes and the ones I have don't fit...I gained 30 lbs back!
I know that tomorrow is another day and I can do better-and I will, but right now...I"m mad at myself!

kaplods
09-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Buck up Susie! It's a glitch not a disaster, don't beat yourself, just get back on that horse that threw you (or whichever metaphor you choose). Short-term rewards over long-term rewards are hard for everybody (which is why so few people plan well for their retirement). If you can find a way to make candy and sodas more inaccessible, that may help. I had a friend who locked all "treats" in a foot locker that only her husband and teen son had the key to. That may not be the "gimmick" that works for you, but finding one that does, is just a matter of creative thinking and trial and error, and unfortunately sometimes, trial and error after trial and error after trial and error. Persistance is usually much more productive than perfection when it comes to weight loss.

---------

Yesterday, I was up two pounds by my scale since last weigh-in (I had to use my scale, as the chapter scale woudn't register a stable weight for me. I either gained 9 lbs by it, or lost 9 lbs. Hubby's weight was even hinkier). They have to add a counterweight for us, and I don't think the weight recorder was doing it right. We're going ot bring in our home scale next week to see if we can get it in sync with the chapter scale. This morning, I was down 4 lbs from yesterday. I know I didn't legitimately lose 4 lbs in 24 hours, so the gain on Monday must have been water weight (which I suspected because my wedding ring was snug). This week I'm planning on being much more vigilant.

jaxjob
09-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Down 2.2 lbs on the chapter scale this week! I'm very pleased, as I haven't been seeing that sort of loss on the scale at home. I think I'll change my ticker (up, since the TOPS weight includes clothes) and keep this as my weekly "official" weight rather than my Friday one, since I'm not sure what my scale at home is doing, and this way I know it's once a week. So I'm at 170.8 at TOPS.

I also had a couple of NSV's this week - one was accidentally putting on DH's shorts (we have some by the same company in a very similar colour) and not noticing until we were out. They felt a bit odd but what actually made me notice was that his have a cargo pocket on one leg and mine don't. I was quite surprised I could get them on.

The other isn't a NS victory per se, more of a NS eye-opener. I went for a bra fitting and have gone down a band size, without going up in cup size. I was a 36DD/E and the bra I bought yesterday was a 34DD. It fits perfectly (and looks great!) so I'm smaller in both the chest and the boobage department. Perhaps when I'm done I'll be able to buy bras at "normal" stores again rather than expensive speciality shops.

Susie - I had an out-of-control day this week as well. I was helping at my son's kindergarten class, didn't take enough lunch, then came home and binged on toast with jam. Grrrrr. But I still lost overall for the week. I was mad at myself too. But I figure it's probably going to keep happening, so just to get up and move on. Hopefully any binges get further apart and smaller in magnitude.

No exercise for a few days, I have a nasty cough/cold and any time I breathe even slightly heavily, I cough. Yesterday I had to suck a Hall's at night just to stop coughing enough to sleep. So running and weights have been off since Monday.

Jax

phantastica
09-20-2007, 03:06 PM
OK, I've been MIA for a few weeks but tonight after work I am going to re-join a TOPS group by my house (if I like it - I haven't been yet). My old TOPS group dismantled, and I took a month or two off. And I probably gained a lot of weight in the meantime.

I will post later and give a status, and probably whine a bit about having to change my ticker to an unfavorable number. :(

Pita09
09-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Good morning TOPS Pals :wave:

I had my meeting last night and was very pleased to see a 3/4 pound loss considering I had just started TOM that morning. :yay:

So, I think my being able to jump start my weight loss again has been because I have upped my workout at Curves to an hour. Well, I just found out this morning that they are shutting down as of next Friday!! Talk about your short notice :mad: I am going to check out a couple of gyms near me and see how those look and cost. I was sort of planning to join a bigger gym in about 6 months...once I loss a bit more weight! Now, I will have to swallow my pride and haul my big thighs somewhere else. Wouldn't be so bad, except I live in a college town and those young, fit girls don't help my ego. Vanity....vanity!! :o

Susie :hug:You will get back on track. I have learned that beating yourself up is counterproductive to being successful. So forgive yourself and get back on your plan. We are here for you.

Way to go on your 2.2 loss Jax!! :cp: You are doing awesome and I appreciate the inspiration your losses give me to keep it up and hopefully beat you. OK, I have a competitive streak....but I'm really nice. ;)

Phantastica, it's good to see you here. You will get back on track so same advice I gave Susie goes for you. It is OK to whine a tiny bit if you have to. :hug:

jaxjob
09-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Pita - turn that competitive streak onto the gym and go in there to show the svelte college girls what you can do!! :lifter: Congratulations on the loss - any loss is good and you're headed in the right direction.

phantastica - have a good whine, as long as you get doing something about it! Sometimes I find a whining session good for motivation in the longer term. :hug: and I hope you find the new group fits for you.

As for me - I can be competitive too. I still want to be the "best loser" for the week at some point (OK so it's only my second official week :D). We started a new "mountain climbing" challenge for 25lbs lost yesterday - the first such one I've been in on. So we shall see what that does for competitiveness. Some of the group are going to an area rally on Oct 13 but unfortunately my boys have swimming lessons so I won't be there.

Still sick so no exercise here. :( DS#2 is sick and home from school today too, so I think it's going to be a quiet day.

Jax

kaplods
09-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Went to the doctor today, and my scale at home weighs me about 3 lbs less than the doctor's office scale, so I'd say it must be pretty close (nekkid at home, dressed at doctor's).

I love my doctor. I asked him to write my goal weight for the group (we're supposed to have one on file). He asked what I wanted my goal to be, and I asked "200?" He asked if I was sure about that, and if I didn't want to change it. I assumed he meant downward, and I said, well I thought I'd think about changing it once I made it that far. That's not what he meant. He knew that at WW, once you hit goal you didn't have to pay dues anymore, and he also didn't want me to choose a goal so far away that I would get discouraged. I like his style. He's supportive of the weight loss, but also very understanding of how difficult it is to get the weight off (he's a tiny bit overweight himself, but seems pretty fit for a man his age). He reminds us that even if the weight loss doesn't improve our health problems, it may be enough to keep them from getting worse, and that especially for my husband (diabetic) that's still going to be progress, because most diabetics have to increase their medication over time.

Since TOPS is so affordable, I'm not really worried about paying dues after goal, but do KOPS pay dues, I never asked? Well, anyway I did raise my goal to 250, but if I make it that far, I wouldn't be surprised if I want to go lower. I probably would have him write a new goal slip anyway, just for the little extra motivation. Though I think I might try maintaining at 250 for a little while just for the practice. Look at me, already planning for 100 lb loss, like it's a foregone conclusion. Kinda neat!

MyChoice2bfit
09-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Hi Ladies,

Sorry that I've been MIA for a few days. I just let life take on me instead of me taking on life.

I didn't go to my TOPS meeting last week. I just couldn't face those scales. Usually I won't let myself do that but I knew that I was going to be seeing my docotor the next day for a checkup and I figured I'd see what I weighed there. By their scales I would have stayed the same.

My doctor and I talked about my struggle with weight loss. I do have some medical issues that make it harder for me to loose weight but I can..it's just very slow and sometimes it can be discourging. We talked about the new Alli product. She told me that I might give it a try to see if it made a difference for me. I've been researching it and I'm not sure about it, but what I do know is that if I take it I have to watch my fat intake. Those that are taking it say that it's a tool for them to not over do on the fat. So, I'm using this week and next to see if I can stay in that fat range that they recommend and how I feel. I started on Thursday and so far I have been able to do it and when I got on the scales this morning the scales were are 276...I haven't been that in 4-5 months! I keep going between 278 and 283. So..I'm learning something here. I can do this and I will get results. I still have about another 10 days to see how committed I can be before trying the pill. I'm continuing to look into it. I know that nothing is a free ride---I' m just thinking of it as a tool to use. Just like I use exercise, my diet journal, my workouts, my TOPS meetings and posting here.

It's good to be back and read your posts and see the losses and the committments and the accomplishments and feel the encourgements. I want to post every day..it's inspiring for me so I'm going to work really hard at it.

I better get back to work but I wanted to pop in and say "I'm back" and I'm not leaving!

phantastica
09-25-2007, 10:03 AM
I was GOING to attend the new TOPS group on Thursday, but we had a bad rain and hail storm right at the time it was starting, so I went home instead. I was disappointed, but I knew I was ready and I've acted "ready" since then. The weekend had some controlled indulgence, and of course weekdays are so much easier. My home scale says I'm about six pounds up from my ticker, but I also use my TOPS weight as my "official" weight, and I haven't had an official TOPS weight since I last attended TOPS a few months back.

Jax, I had the same thing going on with a cold. I traveled for a week and brought back a cold, which was the worst in the mornings (when I usually work out). I still have a bit of a cough, but it's manageable.

I started working out again this morning, after having two weeks off. Shorter, cooler days are going to make this going-to-the-gym-at-5:00am thing increasingly difficult.

Colleen, your doctor sounds perfect. My doctor is perfectly thin, but she's kind and understanding.

Great job, Susie! The loss is encouraging!

jaxjob
09-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Well it turns out I have bronchitis. So it's good that I haven't been pushing the workouts - well I have no energy as it is. I had to sit on the couch and cough for an hour after walking the boys to school yesterday. Not good. But it did prompt me to go to a doctor (I hate taking drugs so am often reluctant to go - usually waiting things out allows my body to be clear of them in its own time).

I've lost on my home scale this week, mostly from not feeling like eating much. I'm supposed to eat with my antibiotics though - they made me tired (more!) yesterday but not sick, so that's good. Don't know if I have the energy to go to TOPS tomorrow - I'd like to but it just may be better to stay home than drive into town.

Susie - I know there's quite an active alli forum here - perhaps they can give you some tips. Good to see the scales down a bit though!

Colleen, I think it's a great idea to pick an interim goal and then maintain there for a while. Way to go. I'm new to TOPS and have no idea whether KOPS pay dues. We only have one KOPS in our group and she's been with TOPS a long time.

Jax

MyChoice2bfit
09-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

Still doing good here with the exercise and keeping the fat grams in line--I think I'm give the Alli a try in a couple of weeks. I'm giving my body a couple of weeks to see what it will do on it's own with that.

We don't have TOPS this week due our buidling is being used by something at the church where we meet so we are not having a meeting. I feel really good because I have been of the attitude that I had a break, a cheat week if you will....but I decided not to look at it that way last week and instead to use it to really work hard and show a bigger loss next week.

Has anyone gotten their TOPS news? Seeing those winners at IRD is inspiring to me.

Jax: I hope you feel better soon.

Phan: Good for you for getting back to the exercise.

phantastica
09-27-2007, 08:55 PM
I attended the TOPS group closest to my house tonight. It's about three times larger than my other group, and that's OK because my last group only had five members (if everyone showed up). I'm really on the fence about this group.

The members are all at significantly older than me. Half are senior citizen age (approaching 80s) and the other half are probably in their late 50s (I'm 37). Many of them know each other very well, but they were very welcoming and light-hearted. They follow the program to the book, doing the exercises outlined by TOPS etc. My other group was more about emotional support, where we'd talk about whatever was on our minds - what our strategies were for the following week, what our challenges were, etc. This group has a gavel and they use it to call the group to order! LOL.

I could give it a shot, and if I really don't like it I could switch to a different group.

Jax - take care! Hope you feel better soon.

Colleen - I totally agree TOPS is so cheap! If I were paying Weight Watchers prices, I would feel pressured into losing weight, and it adds a level of stress that I wouldn't want. I like the fact that if I maintain on TOPS for a year, I'm not out several hundred dollars.

Susie - good call on not having a "cheat week"! I admire your determination!

MyChoice2bfit
09-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Hi:

I'm about to start my second week of really watching my fat grams. Yesterday I wouldn't say I was out of control but I did eat a little more high fat that I had been and you know what? Today my body feels icky.

It feels so good to see those scales be down to numbers that I haven't seen for about a year. That "tastes" better to me than anything I could eat! And I like feeling better too.

Phan: When I first started with my TOPS group they were older ladies ('m 42 now, but I was 38 when I started) and they really didn't have any sort of a meeting. I wasn't sure if I was going to stay or not but as I started loosing, it inspired the group to get back with TOPS. We started with programs again..some TOPS some other things that people found. Then new people started coming...older, younger and today we have a great diverse group! Also, we had one lady who was 74..she thought about quitting because she wasn't losing weight..well...we talked to here that night and something clicked for her. She ended up losing 100 lbs! in a year and at ARD she was presented the Century Award and her KOPS status. Let me tell you that was one great ARD..and the tears were flowing!

I learned so much from that group and I also gave them something so it was a win-win all the way around and for me..that's what TOPS is all about.

Right now I have been struggling and those lovely older ladies have reminded me that I am young and beautiful and I don't want to waste another minute of my life being overweight. They got my thinking turned back around for me.

My point is that you never know what you are going to get out of something until you try it and put in to it.

MyChoice2bfit
09-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Hi,
Looks like everyone is out enjoying the beautiful fall weather. I just stopped by to keep myself on track and see who else might be out there.

I plan on taking a walk sometime today and that's about it. I've got my lunches lined up for the week as well as my dinner meals and even my snacks. I want to go to TOPS this Thursday and see a good loss this week. I know I have to work for it...and I'm ok with that.

We went to a wedding last night. I did very well with my choices. I had a little bit of cheeseball and crackers but not as much as I would have before and I did have a piece of wedding cake...I mean...I got to have wedding cake at a wedding--and it was really good. But other than that I'm doing ok. I hope those scales show it on Thursday---I'm reminding myself have much better I feel not being stuffed to the gills.

phantastica
10-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks, Susie! I decided to join the group after all. Those little old ladies are cute and funny. They take the games and such pretty seriously, LOL!

I was down a pound since last week, yay! I weighed myself mid-week and was a little frustrated that I hadn't lost because it *seemed* like I'd been trying. When I looked back at my week, though, I noticed: dinner out with a friend on Monday (and not wise choices), a lot of junk food over the weekend, etc. I know how to do this. I know what to do (and what not to do).

So. My goals this week are to get my exercise in, and to focus on making healthy foods for dinners as well as leftovers for lunch.

MyChoice2bfit
10-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Hi Phanta: Congrats on loosing that pound and for joining the group...you just made a public acknowledgement that you are comitted to your desire to loose weight, and also for looking over things and seeing where you can make good choices for this week to have those scales show the efforts of your work. I also needed to be reminded why it is important for me to write things down do when I need to go back and look over them to see what I have been doing that is working or not working, I can recall it correctly and use it as a dependable road map.

I had a great loss on Thursday night. I lost 5.25. I'm going to get my ticker added to my post here shortly. I want to track my progess.

I'm dealing with a cold and strep throat. It all started yesterday. I am taking it easy today and I will not get a chance to workout tomorrow--it's ok...I'm going to count it as rest..my body needs it right now and then on Tuesday I'll start back with a light workout. Right now, I'm not eating much..it hurts to swallow. I'm trying to drink a lot of water so I can thin this stuff out and get it out of my body. Thank heavens for antibodics...I'm feeling better than I did yesterday afternoon.

I'll check in tomorrow with everyone.

Pita09
10-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Hi everyone :wave: sorry that I've been missing. I started back to school, which has made life a whole lot busier, plus other things have kept me very busy.

My latest TOPS news is that two weeks ago I lost a 1/2 lb but this week I gained a pound. I am not upset because this last week I also joined a gym and my exercise is going to be dramatically increased. I feel confident that my weight is going to start going down!! My TOPS also has a new contest that will give $20 dollars to the first person to lose 16 lbs. I so want to win!!

I hope everyone is doing alright and I promise to keep in touch much more often. I have missed it here. :hug:

KAR73
10-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Evening All,
I like Pita have been very busy lately. But have been thinking of you all. I am really trying hard to balance work, home and making time for myself again to workout and eat right. Have new motivation to want to lose. Going on vacation with dh and friends next summer to the beach and I don't want to wear fat clothes to the beach. SO I am trying really hard to lose the weight now.
Hope all is going well for everyone. I hope you all have good wi's this week. I go tomorrow night so I will let you know how it goes. Off to get ready for work tomorrow and then go to bed.
Take care,
Kerry

jaxjob
10-09-2007, 08:37 AM
I wish I had been busy - I've still been sick. Yuk. Hopefully it's improving now. I want to go running but just don't have the energy. My weight was down at TOPS last week (I didn't go two weeks ago) by a pound, but from my home scale it's up over that now. But we did have Thanksgiving meals this weekend. I didn't eat a lot but it was richer food than I'm used to having. I hope I can at least turtle this week, not gain. Or if I do have a gain, that it's a small one.

Jax

KAR73
10-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Morning All,
Hope everyone's week is going well for them. I went to TOPS last night and am down a pound and a quarter. So I was happy. I am hoping to keep up with this losing streak. I need to buy new clothes for school and won't do it until I am in a smaller size.
Jax maybe it is just water retention. How are you feeling today? Are you on medicine of any kind, because sometimes that can make you gain a little?
Phantasitica good for you for joining that group. I know what you mean about there being a lot of older experienced dieters in your group. But I have found that sometimes they are the best people to be around. Hope you have a good week!
Pita so how is school going? How many classes are you taking this semster?
Collen and Sue how are you two?
Well I best sign off for now. Check back with you later. Hope you all have a great weigh in this week!
Take care,
Kerry

kaplods
10-10-2007, 03:31 PM
I lost two pounds this week (the two I gained the week before), and hubby lost 8. He won biggest loser, but everyone in the group did really well this week, so his "take" was only 40 cents (meaning only 4 lbs were gained in the whole group, our net loss was 26lbs). We were all very proud of the whole group.

I'm trying to get more exercise in, as I'm super stressed right now, and I know it will help. My prescription drug coverage has run out, and I'll have to pay all my prescription costs out of pocket for the rest of the year. My medications run about $1000 a month. My doctor gave me samples of my Singulair and Avalide (for asthma and high blood pressure, respectively) and we switched pharmacies to Sam's club, and the sweet pharmacist there gave me a coupon for a free Advair disk. I'm looking into Canada pharmacies for the Advair (because it's $200 a month, even at Sam's Club, and about $250 everywhere else), but don't have a clue how to tell a "good" online pharmacy from a bad one. And to make things even more "fun" my husband loses his medical and prescription coverage in November, and will not be eligible for Medicare until August of next year. Yikes! I have to say that I was pretty naive about the issues of universal health care, and affordable prescription coverage, because this is the first time I've not been able to afford medications.

Pita09
10-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Wow Colleen, that is terrible about your insurance. I am going to pray that something good happens and that you find a way to get your meds at a price you can afford. There has to be something. Good going on your 2 lbs loss!! :hug:

Jax, I sure hope you are feeling better. Happy belated Thanksgiving. I'm trying to decide what to do here for Thanksgiving. Last year, my new love, the teenager, and I all went to a Chinese buffet for Thanksgiving dinner. It was great not having to cook like I've done for so many years. However, I'm not wanting to go some place where I could easily gain 10 lbs at one meal. :D

Kerry, that beach vacation is a great incentive. Keep up the good work!!!

I had my meeting tonight and because the leaders were all MIA except for the weight recorder I ended up running the meeting. It was fun. I lost 2 lbs which thrilled me. I even won the best loser for the month blue ribbon. This is my second month winning, and I have to say I want to make this month as well. ;)

School is going great. I have accounting 101 which is very challenging and I love it. I'm also taking Principles of Professional Selling and that is a good class so far. Lots of work to be done to keep my grades.

You all take care and I'll check back in soon.

Lose those pounds!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

jaxjob
10-12-2007, 08:26 AM
Colleen, I hope you manage to find somewhere reasonable for your meds. That's a lot to be spending every month.

Phantastica, my group is mostly older women too. I think that's because it meets during the day, not in the evening. I picked it for that very reason, since one boy has hockey during all the evening meetings, but of course that cuts out those who work during the days.

Good job on everyone losing this week. I didn't - up 1.6 lbs. Ah well. Next week is another week. I still haven't shaken this illness, although I'm done with my antibiotics. Hopefully it's getting better. I couldn't sleep last night so am very tired this morning.

That's all my news, have a good weekend folks,
Jax

kaplods
10-12-2007, 04:23 PM
I have to say I was blissfully ignorant of the retail costs of prescription medications. My husband has found a plan that may cover him. I hope so, because his medications come to almost as much as mine. We can't afford
$1000, yet alone $1800 for medications, so we're kind of left in a scary place.

I'm having to do a little experimenting with some of my medications. There are some that I can't change without health consequences, but for the most part, those are the drugs that have cheaper alternatives or ones the doctor
gave me samples of to last me until January (I'm looking for a better Medicare Part D plan, but the coverage whether with the plan I have now, or another company will start January 1). The drugs I take for pain, restless leg, and
asthma are a little more flexible. I can reduce or eliminate some of them, and basically live with the consequences, but it's a balancing act. I've reduced pain meds, but I've been in bed with a heating pad the last several days (I was doing pretty well until the termperature dropped. I don't do well in cold).

I'm going to try to sell a bunch of stuff on ebay. It's a bad time for ebay right now, but I've got to try something.

The good news is that we only have to make it to August of next year. I figure we can put up with whatever comes for 9 months.

phantastica
10-19-2007, 09:57 AM
I missed a week due to school conferences, and when I went in tonight I'd gained EIGHT POUNDS?!? Some of it's due to my cycle, but still. I knew I wasn't meticulous, but I thought I'd maintain at best. I assumed that my ban on fast/restaurant food was enough to take some weight off, but I guess I was eating just as much of homemade stuff.