Old 07-21-2007, 04:23 PM   #1  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Question Leslie's Walk Slim Program

I just saw this in Walmart today, Leslie's Walk Slim Program. I wondered if any of you have tried them yet? It looks exciting! I've never done any of the other dvd's before...

I'm looking for some easy things to do in my small apartment, and something I can do in the winter. I don't have money for a gym, and with health problems, it will be much easier for me, so this looks like a good option...

http://www.lesliesansone.com/store/product2.html
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 06:13 PM   #2  

Hi,

She sold a lot under the name "Walk Away the Pounds" or WATP...I wonder if there are any different?? They are great - especially for small areas! The ones you asked about look really good - would be curious about them as well!

Good Luck
Patty46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 10:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

i have tried the walk slim and love it . i also have many more of heres and love them all.!!!!!
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:20 AM   #4  

Do you recommend the Walk Slim if you have the others? Am very interested
Patty46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:21 AM   #5  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Walk Slim is FANTASTIC! The music is better (in my opinion) and she adds to it with what she calls "boosted walking" (light jogging). I love all of her workouts, but these are definitely my favorites! Especially her newest addition to Walk Slim: Fast & Firm: 4 Really BIG Miles! I just got it this week and can't say enough good things about it! It combines the best of her other Walk Slim workouts with one mile with the stretchie! It's only available on her site, but it is SO GOOD!!
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:41 AM   #6  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

That's awesome! Thanks Michelle for the info! Very helpful! I've been reading a bunch about this new program, and seen previews for it, and it looks really good. They have all of the DVD's, including the 4 BIG miles one, at Walmart here. So I may just have to pick them up! My birthday is coming up so maybe I'll treat myself!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:52 PM   #7  
Rose

S/C/G: 368/254/220

Height: 6'

Some of her walking programs are available through time warner exercise on demand if you have digital cable. My hubby and I love them. Love it when she add's hand weights for extra strength training.
SARose1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

I bought the first Walk Slim but I can't really do it yet. I got out of practice and need to go back to the WATP express 1 and 2 mile only because she has a cool down that she doesn't seem to have on many of her other videos and when you are first starting them it is important. After a while of doing them I'll go back to the new Walk Slim. I also want the new firming one.
kgood2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:52 PM   #9  
Writing my success story

I might just go ahead and buy a 4 mile walk slim dvd. I love in home exercising especially now that my new apt is ground level and I won't disturb anyone with my walking!
allabouttheskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:56 AM   #10  
LauriesCooking

S/C/G: 212/130

Height: 5'0"

do you just walk in place with these? i've seen them but never really knew what they entailed LOL .. pretty lame huh?
LauriesCooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:40 PM   #11  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Leslie Sansone's workouts are a combination of 4 basic steps:

Walking in place
Side-steps
Kicks
Knee-lifts

She also adds in what she calls a kick-back, which is basically kicking toward your butt. Some of the workouts have what she calls "boosted walking", which is light jogging (but you can just do fast walking if you're not up to jogging). Most of her workouts use some kind of strength training tool (but you can do the arm movements without the tool if you don't have it or don't want to use it). She sometimes uses light weights (2-3 pounds each), a stretchie (a piece of stretchy elastic-type material) or her ab belt (a belt with resistance straps with handles on the end). All of them are FANTASTIC, in my opinion! If you want to see one of them in action, you can see video clips on collage video (no space) or I know they have a sampler on You tube. They are very low impact, but they definitely get your heart going! And if you are not very coordinated, these are IDEAL!

Check them out!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:07 PM   #12  
Misfit

S/C/G: 264.5/238/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele L View Post
.....And if you are not very coordinated, these are IDEAL!

Check them out!

Michele
Not coordinated...that's me to a "T". Her videos are great though I only have 2 old ones so far. Definitely great for a tight budget and limited exercise space/time.
cmbmom05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:38 PM   #13  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I just bought the Walk Slim 4 fast miles DVD...I'm a little intimidated, but I'm sure I'll work up to it.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 11:56 PM   #14  

Her five mile walk DVD is really good. It is programmable and you can turn the instruction off and just hear the music. I wish all exercise DVDs did that. After about the 20th time, I can repeat the dialogue word for word and it's nice to get a break from that!
luja is offline   Reply With Quote