Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-21-2007, 01:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Default Its only 12 o' clock, and I have already eaten my calories

WEll just about most of them. Ive been up for not even an hour yet. Im still hungry, and Im not going over my caloire range today,. Thats my promise to myself today. But how can I not???

I woke up about 9ish, got something to drink, but this time I grabbed a 90 c. granole bar.. WHY?? I have no idea. And went back to sleep.

So then I wake up about 11, And Im starving. Im just so hungry. I even turned down an offer to go out to eat breakfast. So I eat another 90c. granole bar. And what did it do?? Made me more hungry. I think Im seeing something here. SO then before I start digging into the junk food, I make a 100c. popcorn. Which wasnt fully popped. But I still ate it.

But Im still hungry. So I go get Subway, 6 inch chicken sub AND a cup of chicken noodle soup.

Okay now. Maybe if I would have eaten some cereal or a real breakfast this wouldnt have happened. But I ran out of cereal, and will go to the store tomm. But how can I be so hungry. I was only up for not even an hour.

Now I dont know what to do for the rest of the day. I mentally added up the amount of calories today and its around 800c. So I have a 400-500 calories left for my entire day. I dont know how this is going to work. I dont really like veggies that much to just eat them for the rest of the day. I probably will cave and eat a big meal of something. But I dont want to. What should I do????
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Can't help you today but in the future , Plan your meals ahead of time and eat at regular times. I plan my meals in the evening for the following day, this takes about 5 minutes. When I get up in the morning I know exactly what I am going to eat that day. I have it written down,I do not leave anything to chance.If you go at it in a haphazard fashion you will eat more than you have planned.Keep a food diary so you know exactly what you are eating and where you have gone wrong.Remember PLAN AHEAD.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

What about fruit? I find slicing an apple and a liter of water help keep the hunger away.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:32 PM   #4  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Is 1,300 the right amount of calories for your size and activity level?

I say, move past it, after forgiving yourself, but for now, pack in the veggies and fruits if that is all the calories you have left! If you eat a salad with flavored vinegar, a smoothie of berries and 1/2 a banana, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, raw carrots, celery and a bit of hummus, how could you be hungry?
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:14 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Gosh, sorry I'm seeing this so late. It looks to me like you ate about 600 calories, not 800. Of course, I don't know what you had on the Subway sandwich besides vegetables and the chicken. At any rate, it sounds like you're trying to eat 1300 cals a day. If my calculation was right, you could still have 700 calories left. That's plenty to have a good dinner and a snack.

Try tracking your calories in a formal way, instead of just doing it in your head. Maybe you could write things down or use the FitDay program, or The Daily Plate, or one of the other tracking programs online. And, as others said, try planning your meals ahead of time so you know what you're eating and when. It doesn't have to be every detail with no variation--you can have several possibilities for each meal and snack, and choose when you get there.

Also, think about using the 1/2, 1/4, 1/4 rule: half of your plate non-starchy vegetables, 1/4 protein, 1/4 carbs. Branch out from granola bars and popcorn!

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 10:51 PM   #6  

Although I'm not formally counting calories now, I sort of keep track. And when I use up a lot of my calories before dinner, I usually have grilled chicken or fish and salad. That's about 400 calories, and it's filling.
lynnm39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:26 AM   #7  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

I stock up on Lean Cuisine's Roasted Turkey and Vegetables for emergency days. A meal has only 150 calories, 12g of carbs (-3g of fiber), 15g of protein and 5g of fat. Taken with a can of diet soda this will fill me up easily
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:47 AM   #8  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I know this is coming too late, but fruits could be a good solution. And, since starving oneself is never a good solution: forgive yourself, acknowledge that today won't be 'on plan', make the better choices possible for the remaining meal(s) of the day, and commit to a healthier day tomorrow. Plan your meals if needed to make sure you won't find yourself not knowing what to eat at a specific meal, too. There's no use wallowing in guilt, and such days happen to everyone now and then, but as long as you don't let one day become one week, then one month... --and as long as you get back to healthy eating the next meal--it won't shoot your efforts down.

I think you may be quite right on the breakfast thing, though--at least, it's the case for me as well: a lousy breakfast (or no breakfast at all) calls for completely wrong eating later on during the day. (As for why you'd be so hungry when you haven't been up for one hour yet? That's normal, especially if you've slept in late. Our bodies don't like running without fuel for 8-9 hours in a row. )

hang on, and I hope your tomorrow will be better!
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I have a problem with granola bars. They make me ravenously hungry - ? I have had to completely give them up. In fact, in looking over my previous experience with weight loss/regain, granola bars have played a role . It is like I think they are good for me, but they really aren't.

Anyway, like others mentioned, plan ahead and try some new foods so you have more to choose from.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:21 PM   #10  
paso a paso

S/C/G: 160/125/126

Height: reaching for 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailr42 View Post
I have a problem with granola bars. They make me ravenously hungry - ? I have had to completely give them up. In fact, in looking over my previous experience with weight loss/regain, granola bars have played a role . It is like I think they are good for me, but they really aren't.
Yeah, granola bars are (for me) equivalent to having cookies or donuts for breakfast. Not good. In fact, any sugar for breakfast starts my day off on a totally wrong path.

Like others have said, chaotic or unplanned days are probably going to happen again. I have a few filling meals that are 200-300 calories that are standbys for. Like shrimp, salmon, or chicken and a mess of veggies cooked on the grill pan; or a chef salad with egg whites, low fat cheese or feta, dressed with lemon juice; or a big bowl of veggie soup sprinkled with a little parmesan with a couple of ryvita crackers. There is a great thread about go-to meals here.
mariposita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 155/150/125-130

Height: 5' 5"

Yep, granola bars make me bingey. Might as well have a Snickers!
Kilketay is offline   Reply With Quote