General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-21-2007, 12:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/SeeTicker/155

Height: 5' 9"

Default If You Love Your Recliner, Tell Me About It!

What brand, how long you've had it, all that good stuff!!! Thanks ....
babenwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:33 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angie and I actually ordered a new one two weeks ago. It is a La-z-Boy. It was special order, because I wanted it to swivel and Angie changed the fabric, of the one on sale. Should be here in a couple of weeks.

I have 2 dogs that lay under the foot rest when extended, it is tough trying to spread my legs enough to get over them, so the swivel should fix that.

Angie changed the fabric so the dog hair wouldn't show as much.

They ARE NOT allowed in or on furniture....one of us in the house doesn't obey the rules...Angie gets

P.S. Those are my legs under Reba and Rylee in my chair (when Angie wasn't home )

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:00 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:25 PM   #3  

EZMoney, great photos! Love the poochies ...

Is your current chair a La-z-boy that you've been pleased with, and that's why you're ordering a new one from them?
Old 07-21-2007, 06:16 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hey Babe ~ Niether chairs in the pictures are with us . The one with just Rylee was a Lane from JC Penney, we had it about 6 years. The one of Reba and my legs was also from JC Penny, it has lasted about 5 years. Angie isn't sure of the brand for that one. Our recliner gets a lot of use...plus my dogs use them as a "jumping board" an their "attack each other" game they play every night...usually with me in it

I had a La-Z-Boy before these that lasted over 10 years. The one we ordered this time is mid-range one. We can't have one too big because we need to walk around it. All in all with the chair, the swivel, extra for the fabric change, delivery and tax it ran us $780.00. I hope it lasts more than 5 years! Dogs or not
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:46 PM   #5  

EZMoney, thanks for your reply. Much appreciated ... and scratch those beautiful doggies for me!

Anyone else care to contribute *recliner advice?* I was all set to go with Lazy Boy when a furniture salesman (with nothing to lose) talked me out of it. Said the mechanism was noisy and the stuffing is not what it should be???

Love to hear more opinions ...
Old 07-23-2007, 12:57 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm not a recliner type person, but I saw a recliner at La-Z-Boy that was really nice and I really wanted to get it but we ended up getting a chair and ottoman combo instead.

This is the one we almost bought and may buy sometime in the future
http://www.la-z-boy.com/ourfurniture...ct.aspx?pid=51

I would recommend, go to La-Z-Boy! We bought our entire living room furniture from there and its awesome.

I'm not sure why someone would talk you out of it? Would they recommend something else instead?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote