Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2001, 12:47 PM   #1  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~night Owls #29~

Please check out #28 so as not to miss any posts

......well, it's now 12:30 (in the afternoon) and I just woke up! Of course, I sent Billy off to school first and Jackie is home with bad "cramps".....but I must have closed my eyes for just a sec and next thing I know.......

I was up until 3am finishing up some tree lights. I "pinky promised" Billy so it had to be done. You all know how that goes. I

I'm back on track and have cut waaaaaaay back on the cigarettes (I know, DISGUSTING).....it's such a battle to quit. I started smoking more than I ever did before and I WAS only a "social smoker". I'm planning on getting accupuncture to quit. Worked for my Mother and a few friends so I hope it will work for me. So...since I'm back to tracking again....I guess I can say I'm being "good" for Santa Claus when he comes to my house.

Hope you're all having a good day......"See" you later.

P.S. - Jackie is taping "THE GRINCH", with Jim Carrey......this is the first time I've seen it. EEEWWWWWWWWW, HE'S SOOOO GROSS but HYSTERICAL. I think this is going to be a cult film in my house.

HO - HO - HO

Last edited by PJ; 12-20-2001 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-20-2001, 02:38 PM   #2  
Is is spring yet??

Howdy to my owlie buds!!

Are you all ready for Christmas? Its coming quick! I am on vacation from work (today is day #1) and I don't go back until January 2nd!! I am tickled pink

I do have to bake and wrap a few last minute things - but I am all caught up - it feels good! Now I have to get some extra sleep and I will be golden

I will be back - I just wanted to pop in and share this picture of my beautiful godchild! This is her first Christmas and she was a perfect angel for Santa!!

Tara
Old 12-20-2001, 09:36 PM   #3  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Tara.....

You are so right SHE is an ANGEL!!!

Hurrying through...we are doing the lights on the tree tonight and my back is killing me....tomorrow we will finish it up. I will try to get back soon...tomorrow night or the weekend for sure!!!

Happy Holidays
emmy
Old 12-20-2001, 10:47 PM   #4  

Hi there everyone,

Long time no see, sorry as usual about that. I am going to try and post a new thread so you can all see the christmas card we made at work. The only problem is lots of people can't open it so I am gonna try to put it on this site. It has me and everyone that I work closely with. It is administration, customer service and the engineers.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Bren
Old 12-21-2001, 12:55 AM   #5  

http://sendapet.net/sky.php?pg=/fun/...ling/index.php

Been packing and trying on clothes and they are all loose! The cookies didn't make me gain yet! ( of couse I am still op so I guess it really works!) You can eat anything jsut stay in your points, but then that is not the healthy way to eat either but for the Holidays it will have to do!
Old 12-21-2001, 12:59 AM   #6  

PJ..I think it was Allys FIL that passed away.........

Tara..she is so cute!

Hi Emmy , Bren and Judy!
Old 12-21-2001, 09:53 AM   #7  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Keep Smiling everyone
Hugs,
~Pamela~
Old 12-22-2001, 03:22 PM   #8  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Default Love That Grin!!!! PJ

Happy Last Saturday BEFORE Christmas EVERYONE!!!!

Just got back from the wild wild grocery store!! Whew!! It is a ZOO out there!!! Took oldest and youngst DS out to breakfast/Brunch. We went to Cracker Barrell and had their Holiday Breakfast sampler...it was good and took all my points for the day I am sure!!! But it was worth it to spend quality time with my boys. Itried to focus on the baked apples and grits.....and we brought lots home for Ds later on.

I stopped for gas and the gas station had a great Santa out front waving at everyone..he came over and talked to DS who os 4...he asked what he wanted for Christmas and told him to be good and gave him a little bag of candy.Later on at the grocery store I asked if he would be good and he very solemnly said "oh yes...Santa told me to"Don't know how long it will last ....

I know that everyone is super busy...PJ I am glad you are in control and cutting back on the cigs......you will get there I am sure.

Candice...That sure is good news about your clothes being loose...maybe you will get some new ones for Christmas!!!

Gonna run for now... I have to clean up this living room and go to work and make rounds..hope all is quiet there so it won't take too long. I have to go in tomorrow and for a little while on Monday. But I thought I was going to have to work ALL day on Monday so that is good!!!

Take care and I will see you all soon!!

Happy Holidays!!
emmy

Last edited by emmy; 12-22-2001 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-22-2001, 08:30 PM   #9  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!!!!

Last edited by PJ; 12-22-2001 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-23-2001, 10:51 PM   #10  

Hi Everyone,

Well I have been busy getting ready for christmas. The kids went to their fathers and I will pick them up the day after christmas. They opened 1/2 of their presents friday night and will open the rest when they get back. We had fun at work on Friday, we got the presidents of the company's credit card and all 5 of us women went out to eat at a nice italian restaurant for 2 hours and we still get paid for it. Then everyone after work goes to the bar across the street for a couple drinks after work. It is a small bar so we really fill it up, there was about 60 of us there. I met someone there who is the supervisor in the machine shop, I have seen him around and was wanting to get to meet him. Anyway we really hit it off and went to another bar and went dancing all night. We had a ball. He came over today and helped me put together 3 sets of shelves together. He also asked me to the movies tomorrow afternoon. I think we are gonna see vanilla sky. It is nice to have someone to go out with sometimes. He is very handsome, blonde and 6'1" tall. I am only 5'4" tall so I feel very short next to him. So anyway I am going to take it slow and see how it goes. Oh yeah I have to go out in the morning and finish my christmas shopping, Yikes that is not good. I have 2 people left to buy for.

PJ, the virtual christmas card was very nice, thank you. It sure is hard to quit smoking and I wish I could do it too. I wish you the best of luck.

Candice, sounds like you are doing wonderful. Loose clothes is a wonderful feeling isn't it. It almost makes it fun to go clothes shopping knowing you can get a smaller size. Have Fun!!

Emmy, sounds like you all had a great brunch and the santa thing was nice too. Arn't the kids cute when they say things like that. I just love it.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Brenda
Old 12-24-2001, 09:37 AM   #11  
I'm on my way!

Good morning everyone! Just popping in to say Have a safe and happy holiday!

We did our Christmas in Rhode Island this weekend and now we are off to Atlantic City to do Christmas with JOhn's family! I am just sooo sooo soooooooooo tired!

Be safe! Michelle

LMAO...when I reread my post I saw that I wrote just pooping in to say hi! NOT! LOL I am pooped though!
Old 12-24-2001, 11:36 AM   #12  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Have a safe and wonderful Holiday everyone!
With Peace and Love,
Pamela, Bill, Jackie and Billy
Old 12-25-2001, 10:28 PM   #13  
Is is spring yet??

Smile

Merry Christmas!!

I know I am alittle late - but its still officially December 25th!!

I hope you all had a good day - Santa was VERY GOOD To me!! But then again he always is! I got my photo printer and new coach bag - YIPEE! And lots of other neat stuff.

Gotta run - its been a long 2 days I am off to relax! Thank god I am on vacation from work - I don't go back until January 2nd!!

Tara
Old 12-26-2001, 01:30 AM   #14  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

"It came without ribbons, it came without tags, it came without packages, boxes, or bags. Christmas can't be bought from a store... Maybe Christmas means a little bit more?"

- Dr.Seuss
Old 12-26-2001, 09:49 AM   #15  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

I hope you all had a glorious Christmas. We sure did. It's always wonderful to watch the kids opening their presents in the morning. I know it's an old cliche but "giving is so much nicer than receiving". I had my parents, a friend of ours, Don...and one of my best friends (and neighbor) with her two children over for dinner and it was a truly wonderful day. I baked a 17 pound fresh ham, fresh green beans, mashed pototoes and gravy and dinner rolls.....white wine (I didn't have any.....just one Corona when my parents first got here around 1pm)....and for dessert, we had the SNOWMAN icecream cake my Father brought. Everyone helped with the dishes while I ran up to the stables to feed up. What a help that was.

Well, time for me to get out there now......I've not done a "really good" job on Missy's grooming the past couple of days and she really needs a trail ride.....me too. I could use some fresh air and besides....it's freezing here today and it's great to be wearing sweats. By the way, Jackie (my 13 year old) just left with our neighbors until Jan. 1st. She's going to help them with their 1 year old. They'll be going to Disney after their stop over in an efficiency apartment for a few days in Fort Myers....right on the ocean......I'm sure she'll have a blast but I'm also a little nervous for her. I don't know why, she "sits' for them all the time.....but.....you know how us Mothers are.

Here's hoping you've all recooped from the craziness this past week and remember.....the Holiday is not over yet so watch out for all the "whacko's" out on the road.

Hugs to you all,
Pamela

Last edited by PJ; 12-26-2001 at 09:53 AM.
Closed Thread