General chatter - Now That I Am All Grown Up ~ I Sure Miss....

EZMONEY
07-19-2007, 01:32 AM
Now that I am all grown up ( no smart remarks please ;)) I sure miss ~

Playing outside with the kids in our neighborhood, on a hot summer night, until way past bedtime.

Do you miss anything?

melekalikimaka
07-19-2007, 01:50 AM
I miss just being a carefree kid, not having to worry about having to go to work the next day or bringing home a paycheck, or having someone else depend on me.

I miss being able to watch cartoons all morning long on Saturdays. Some of my favorites were Flash Gordon, Mighty Mouse, Fearless Fly, Milton the Monster and of course, The Super Friends.

Outland
07-19-2007, 01:50 AM
fireflys

Things being simple.

lilybelle
07-19-2007, 02:05 AM
I miss the way me and my sisters and friends used to skate on the pond or creek during the winter when we were young. It never really gets cold enough here to do this anymore. Dang, global warming.

srmb60
07-19-2007, 02:20 AM
I wish it was still OK for me to skip down the street or fling my arms around while I was walking.

shelby897
07-19-2007, 02:29 AM
I miss someone being responsible for me and being allowed to make "kid mistakes"!!!!

BlueToBlue
07-19-2007, 04:11 AM
summer vacation
being able to eat whatever I wanted and not gain any weight
my mom

Slashnl
07-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Summer vacation, but looking forward to a new school year. (a little geeky, I know)
Riding bikes all over town, all day, until it was dark. Then we'd race home to stay out of trouble. (obviously a long time ago, when it was ok to do that!)
No stress, carefree days.

trekkiegirl
07-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Playing kickball, being able to run fast, not thinking about what I'm eating, buying Swedish fish for a penny a fish. Halloween. My maternal grandparents (both deceased now) being alive and in good health... me putting my arms under my legs and my grandpa pulling my arms and flipping me over in the air.

Sherry
07-19-2007, 09:56 AM
*I miss walking to the local store and "cashing in" coke bottles then buying candy with the money.
*I miss staying out late playing with all the neighborhood kids and no parent had to worry that something bad might happen.
*I miss my family going to the drive-in.We would play on the playset that set under the huge screen. Then when the movie would start,we would pull out our lawn chairs around the car and pig out on popcorn & RC Cola.
*I miss all 5 of us (Mom,Dad,Brother,Sister & I) sharing a 3 bedroom house with 1 bathroom.We never realized that it was crowed or fussed over "not enough room"
*I miss just being a happy child.If we were poor, we NEVER knew it.We did more family things together then what rich people do today with their families.;)

lizziness
07-19-2007, 11:50 AM
i miss playing in those little plastic pools every summer...summer vacation... knowing that my whole life is ahead of me and not being able to imagine a time when I would be XX age...or the year 2000.... i miss having friends to play with

techwife
07-19-2007, 12:44 PM
I wish it was still OK for me to skip down the street or fling my arms around while I was walking.

What? I'm not supposed to do that anymore? I love to walk like that...that and walking like the Monkees like they do when they cross their leg in front of the person next to them. I do that with my daughter from time to time. People look at us but I think if they don't like seeing a mom having fun with her daughter THEY have the problem, not me!

I miss camping with my parents for about half the summer and walking on the beach collecting sea shells, moss and small pieces of driftwood and making 'seascapes' and giving them to my friends.

I miss being able to fall down doing something like ice skating and not feeling like a need ambulatory care.

I miss loafing around reading a book or doing whatever and smelling mom cooking dinner...pot roast being my favorite.

I miss bombing around the campground on my purple bike with the purple banana seat, low rider handle bars with tassles and cut-up straws on the spokes and big, geeky white basket on the front with the five flowers. And my am radio I had strapped to the handlebars (I remember, distinctly, Old Days from Chicago playing on it...weird).

Kim_Star060404
07-19-2007, 12:50 PM
I miss long road trips with the family.

I miss being able to be a tomboy without having to explain myself.

I miss camping and hiking and swimming ALL day long and then eating 10 s'mores for dinner!

FitinTime
07-19-2007, 01:04 PM
I miss my Grandparents. When I was younger my sisters and I would always spend the summer or weekends at her house. We used to walk to a little store called "The Country Market" and we'd buy all kinds of candy and gum there. She had a Evap cooler in her house and I would never think about how hot or humid it got in her house during the monsoon season.

Sherry- I have pretty much the same experiences as you did, just reading some of what you said, brought back memories. Especially playing outside until late with the neigborhood kids without our parents worrying about us. Who can do that now? That was so much fun. We would play hide and go seek every night.

alinnell
07-19-2007, 01:20 PM
I miss the carefree joys of childhood:

hide and seek all over the neighborhood
playing kick the can in the dark
walking to the local store to buy treats
never feeling worried, picking cherries and raspberries and eating them right off the plant
watermelon seed spitting contests
trick-or-treating
card games in the basement on hot summer days when it is too hot to be outside (and we had no air conditioning)
playing Barbies
making mud pies
playing Marco Polo in the neighbor's pool (the only one for miles)
sleepouts in the back yard
digging snow forts in the winter
walking home from school in the rain

shelby897
07-19-2007, 01:55 PM
I guess it's not the same anymore, like I can't safely let my kids run loose all day, only calling them for meals and bedtime like when I was a kid. But I have to admit, I had kids so I can do a lot of these things :D We camp, play hide and seak, sing silly songs in the car, run like fools in the back yard for no reason and fool around on the trampoline. I do really miss growing up at my parents where there were acres and acres of woods to explore -- this 1 acre lot with neighbors right on top of me drives me crazy!!

NightengaleShane
07-19-2007, 03:07 PM
I definitely miss eating whatever I wanted without getting fat OR worrying about looks!

I miss being a "daredevil" - I was a self-proclaimed daredevil and lived up to my words - I did things then that I would never be able to do now.

I miss not caring... in general.

I also miss Barbies... AND buying treats at the local store.

I miss playgrounds. Moreover, I miss being small enough to properly play on the playground equipment. ;)

I miss thinking $5 was a lot of money.

I miss summer vacation and feeling like it was actually a long time.

SlimJen415
07-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Hi! I'm new here, this is my first post.

I miss riding my bike barefoot all over the neighborhood.

Getting sticky from snowcones and not caring whether they were "sanitary".

Shopping for school supplies.

shelby897
07-19-2007, 03:49 PM
The last day of school and having the whole summer off.
New school clothes.
Sleding in the winter and not thinking "I'm going to break my butt"!!
Climbing trees.
Thinking the whole world is a great place!! (No war, no child abuse, etc.)

FrouFrou
07-19-2007, 04:57 PM
The simple times and my family. Growing up around all my Aunts, Uncles and cousins on both sides of the families. My grandma and grandpa on my moms side...my grandma was the best! We lost her when I was little. We always had gatherings.

newFannie07
07-19-2007, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE=NightengaleShane;1782089]I also miss Barbies...

I have a whole Barbie collection now (about 50 or so). DH really supports this.

I miss having a bad day and buring my face in my mom's arms and her telling me everything will be OK.

I miss being able to do an aerial cartwheel (or any cartwheel for that matter) and the splits.

I miss having lots of friends and being able to ride my bike without fear of crashing.

EZMONEY
07-19-2007, 09:22 PM
I miss going to Illinois in the summer to see my grandparents. Having Grandpa Harry ask "what do you kids want to do tonight, since I am babysitting while your mom and grandma go shopping?"...humm....being the oldest at 8 and having brothers 6 and 5 and sister 3...I thought that going to the cemetery, behind the houses across the street and across the railroad tracks, would be fun. It was....then Granpa took us down to the neighborhood bar...had his Pabst Blue Ribbons...then took us to the store where we got ALL the root beer and orange soda we could drink and ALL the watermelon we could eat.

I can still hear my mom and grandma yelling "HARRY! DAD! What were you thinking?" as they picked up all the "wet" sheets in the morning!! ;)

FitinTime
07-19-2007, 09:53 PM
I miss going to Illinois in the summer to see my grandparents. Having Grandpa Harry ask "what do you kids want to do tonight, since I am babysitting while your mom and grandma go shopping?"...humm....being the oldest at 8 and having brothers 6 and 5 and sister 3...I thought that going to the cemetery, behind the houses across the street and across the railroad tracks, would be fun. It was....then Granpa took us down to the neighborhood bar...had his Pabst Blue Ribbons...then took us to the store where we got ALL the root beer and orange soda we could drink and ALL the watermelon we could eat.

I can still hear my mom and grandma yelling "HARRY! DAD! What were you thinking?" as they picked up all the "wet" sheets in the morning!! ;)

LOL!!!!!!!

mariposita
07-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Hearing the ice cream truck, scrambling for change, then tearing down the stairs and running like mad to catch it and get an eskimo pie or ice cream sandwich.

FitinTime
07-20-2007, 04:25 AM
I have so many things I miss it's hard to chose.
I guess I miss being a kid at times.

FitinTime
07-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Oh! I know what else I miss, playing softball for the summer league. Every year my parents would sign me up, unknowingly, and they would tell me I'm playing. But we had the best time. My two older brothers played little league and my younger sister and I played softball. I don't know why, but I always ended up on the losing team with girls who could not play to save their life. I was always running out in the field chasing the balls the girls couldn't get. Every year was the same thing.
I was actually pretty good. I also played basketball, which next to softball, I totally loved. Then we hung out to watch my brothers night games and go to the concession stand get a snow cone, corn nuts and a one of those big white nougat type candy bars with the peanuts in them, I can't remember the name. But that's what I would get.

lizziness
07-20-2007, 12:15 PM
ring pops!!!

also the Smurfs and She-Ra and all those other wonderful cartoons of the 80's.

and reading hundreds of Baby Sitters Club and Ramona books.

EZMONEY
07-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Drinking water out of the garden hose, 'cause mom didn't want all the kids in the house on the freshly mopped floor!

Kool-Aid

veggielover
07-20-2007, 04:35 PM
I sure miss not having to pay bills.

melekalikimaka
07-20-2007, 05:08 PM
...I also played basketball, which next to softball, I totally loved. Then we hung out to watch my brothers night games and go to the concession stand get a snow cone, corn nuts and a one of those big white nougat type candy bars with the peanuts in them, I can't remember the name. But that's what I would get.

Was the candy bar Big Hunk? When I was little, my grandma used to hoof it over to a Cornet store for fabric and thread since she used to love to sew quilts; she would buy me and my sisters (all 7 of us) a candy treat, picking up 7 Big Hunk bars thinking they were Hershey bars because of the similarity of the brown wrappers :lol:

*sigh* I miss my grandma. The way her tiny little 80 lb body would slowly but surely push the furniture out of the way so she could lay her quilting squares into a beautiful pattern all over the floor, then she would shoo us kids away from the living room and hallway so we wouldn't step on her handiwork or get stuck with straight pins in our feet trying to get to the other side of the room, the constant hum of her sewing machine and her hugs.

FitinTime
07-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Big Hunk! That's the one, I love that candy, especially when they just come out of the microwave, yum! I could eat one right now!
I miss my Grandmother too Mele, I'm Latina and when we were kids, my Grandmother would start a wood fire in her bbq pit. She would then cook her big ol' burrito size tortillas outside, about the size of a large size pizza. I'm not kidding. And you could smell them from down the street. She would have butter outside and when she would take them fresh from the griddle we'd slap some butter on them, fold em and eat.
I sigh too Mele!

EZMONEY
07-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Riding my sting ray with baseball cards in the spokes

trading in pop bottles for $$$

EVERYONE in the family watching the SAME television

moving the rabbit ears as dad directed for that perfect picture

murphmitch
07-21-2007, 12:04 AM
I miss:
Playing kick the can at night with neighbor kids.
Laying in the tree house reading library books all summer
Going to the local pool almost every day for like a quarter (and
no one cared that we didn't use sunscreen & got really dark).
Participating in spelling bees at school.
Delivering newspapers with my brothers at 5:30 in the morning (It was
also kind of scary at that time of the day).
Being really excited on Easter and Christmas morning to get up really
early but being warned by our parents that we better not.
Helping the teacher make copies on the Xerox machine and trying to
smell them afterwards because you loved that smell sooo much!
Walking home from school on top of the big piles of snow at the side of
the road left from the snowplow.
Wondering if nuns had any hair underneath that veil.
Going to roller skating parties for our school, especially when they
turned the lights out except for the blacklights and a boy skated with
you.
Getting your first bra and showing it off to your girlfriends.
Going to slumber parties with your girlfriends.

butterflykiss
07-21-2007, 12:12 AM
~I miss playing with all my childhood friends
~Innocent Cartoons (not like the ones of today)
~Being a child and not worrying about the cares of this world

EZMONEY
07-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Having only one car for the family....and it was a work truck!

All four of us kids riding in the back of that truck, all the way to San Diego, about 45 miles, many times to see our cousins. (Maybe a good thing this law was changed!)

Slashnl
07-21-2007, 11:59 AM
What about sitting on the porch swing on summer nights? There's a song that says something like "back then, people really knew how to sit on the porch."

Playing "church" with my cousins. I was one of the youngest, so I always had to be in the congregation. My one cousin was ALWAYS the minister... and guess what... he's a minister now! I wasn't the very youngest one, so I didn't get baptized every time.

Going to Grandma's in the summer (Nebraska... GO BIG RED!) and catching fireflies (we don't have them in Colorado). Running around barefoot all summer long, coming home and having to wash our crusty feet with that soap Grandpa used to clean his hands. The name is not coming to me now.... Darn. It was gritty. Ok... I'll have to think about that for awhile now.

Does anyone remember going to the movies and they had those huge lollipops, Charms, in all different colors? They lasted the entire movie and you could still take them home.

alinnell
07-21-2007, 12:02 PM
Helping the teacher make copies on the Xerox machine and trying to
smell them afterwards because you loved that smell sooo much!

Wasn't that the mimeograph machine? That big barrel-like thing that printed in purple ink? I remember those! The ink did smell good!

techwife
07-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Going to Grandma's in the summer (Nebraska... GO BIG RED!) and catching fireflies (we don't have them in Colorado). Running around barefoot all summer long, coming home and having to wash our crusty feet with that soap Grandpa used to clean his hands. The name is not coming to me now.... Darn. It was gritty. Ok... I'll have to think about that for awhile now.

Does anyone remember going to the movies and they had those huge lollipops, Charms, in all different colors? They lasted the entire movie and you could still take them home.

Wasn't it called GOOP? My grampa was a farmer, as well, and he had a big pump thingy of it attached to the wall by the laundry sink.

Speaking of Grandparents...I remember sharing my Grampa's heating pad with him on Saturday nights, watching Lawrence Welk and having Gramma bring in a big bowl of homemade caramel popcorn. I also remember eating mulberries right out of Gramma's mulberry tree, her GORGEOUS flower beds, peach pies and the prom dress we created together. I REALLY miss Gramma. :^: I also miss eating green beans and peas right out of Grampa's garden and peaches right out of his peach trees. And Grandma singing How Great Thou Art in the pew behind us in church. And her Lily of the Valley perfume she wore on Sundays. One of my favorite memories of G&G, though, is when we took them to Disney World and took them on Space Mountain. At the end, we thought Grampa was having a heart attack, but he couldn't breath for laughing so hard. And GRAMMA, having not listened to me when I told her to be sure and go pee before boarding on the rocket ship, couldn't get out of the cart because she was laughing so hard adn couldn't lift her leg to get out because she...had to pee!! Oh, how I miss G&G...but I have extra to look forward to when I go to heaven, knowing they'll be there waiting for me. :D

EZMONEY
07-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Might have been LAVA soap

YES! Veggies and fruit...that TASTED GOOD! What has happened to fruit? Do you think there could be a reason that the apples at Costco weigh 10 pounds EACH?

And of course Lawerence Welk! All those bubbles :bubbles:

Ed Sullivan Show ~ The Beatles ~ Elvis and Topo Gigio ;)

melekalikimaka
07-21-2007, 01:01 PM
The Bobby Vinton Show (my grandma loved him), Donny and Marie (good night everybody!), Tony Orlando and Dawn, Captain and Tennille, The Gong Show, What's Happening, Sha Na Na, The Carol Burnett Show... what happened to all those good shows where you could actually sit together as a family and watch? Sheesh, I just realized that I've been a TV junkie for a very long time :^:

FitinTime
07-21-2007, 06:37 PM
We used to watch The Rifleman and alot of other western shows at my house.
This a local show in my state, but we used to watch The Wallace and Ladmo show. It was hillarious!
Our state fairs used to be so fun back in the late 60's and 70's. We could go into the Coliseum and watch the Phoenix Suns or a concert for free!
Not anymore.
The Country Market store we used to go to sold Bargs soda. My grandmother would pick up a six pac of different flavors and we would always fight for the lemon-lime flavor. Actually, the honor went to my uncle! Now they only sell rootbeer.
I do miss my grandmother and grandfather.
My grandfather used to show me the callouses on his hands and he would tell me that a dinosaur bit him. And I fell for it!
My grandmother used to smoke, not inhale though. And for some reason she never wanted my uncle to know, he was her oldest son. Apparently everyone knew but him, that she smoked, so she thought.
So everyone once in awhile my uncle would let it slip that he saw a red flashlight outside, lauging about it. I would laugh because I knew he was talking about my grandmothers cigarette at night while she smoked it.
It was too funny. My uncle was so gracious towards my grandmother.
So many things I miss, but like you say Techwife, I look forward to seeing them in heaven too.

EZMONEY
07-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Jr. High crushes ~ looking across the cafeteria, making eye contact with that super cute "girl" ~ seeing her smile back ~ feeling all big and stuff ~ strutting around being cool..."she likes me - she likes me" ~ having her friend come up and say "she likes you/thinks you are cute" ~ then being too afraid to "look" at her again...in case she wants you to TALK to her!!

vealcalf2000
07-21-2007, 08:05 PM
During the winter I miss getting up early and listening to the snow report to see if school was cancelled.

KateRN
07-23-2007, 12:31 AM
monkey bars
sidewalk chalk
saturday morning cartoons
crawling into bed between my parents to feel safe
not worrying about money

cbmare
07-23-2007, 03:03 PM
- Monkey bars

- Putting pine needles on the slide to make it slipperier

- Vacation Bible School

- Summer Recreation at school or the park

- Climbing my China Berry tree

- Swinging really high in my rope swing

- Lightening bugs

- Moon pies

- Catching bees in a Mason jar

- Chasing the ice cream truck and worrying that it wouldn't stop for me

- Tom's peanuts in a bottle of RC Cola

- Visiting Granny and Granddaddy

- Swimming in the Gulf of Mexico

- Going to Bayview Park to swim with my friend

- The high dive at the beach and Bayview

- Picnicking in the back yard

- Momma's fried chicken at those picnics

- Watermelon seed spitting contests

- Going back to school 2 weeks early for band

- Swimming in the Suwannee River

- Swinging from the triangle and then diving into the springs at Granny's

paperclippy
07-23-2007, 05:26 PM
- playing weird made-up games with my sister and our stuffed animals
- summer vacation
- sitting on the roof eating tangerines from our tree
- our family dog (he died about four years ago and I still miss him every day)
- never worrying about my health or medical bills
- running through the sprinklers on a hot day
- baking with my mom and learning the family recipe (LOL, we only have one!)
- believing I was destined to do some great things and become famous (although now that I'm grown, I don't think I'd want to be famous after all!)

4myloves
07-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Believing without a doubt that there is a Heaven.

EZMONEY
07-24-2007, 12:35 AM
Believing without a doubt that there is a Heaven.

Are you doubting now 4myself? :angel:

Diana the Hun
07-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Ah, what a bittersweet thread..
I miss getting home to watch Punky Brewster and Family Ties (TV in the 80s just plain rocked!!!)

Rollerskating all Saturday at the skating rink, with my hair tied to one side and my fluorescent (day-glo) socks!

Seeing those toy commercials during Saturday morning cartoons and thinking how magical it would be to have a doll whose hair changed colour.

Feeling like $5 is just so much money and blowing it all on sweets (hmmm, possibly why I'm in this forum today...)

Scaring myself into thinking Freddy Krueger lived behind the girls toilets at school!! I love that fear, when you're a kid and you know you're safe, but you invest in that fearful feeling anyway.

That incredible sleepless anticipation before birthdays, Christmases, etc. I still get excited but it's not the same at all!! :(

Playing Pac Man on my friend's Atari and being blown away by the fact I can play a game on the TV!

Promising yourself you'll stay up all night, cause for some reason night-time is so intriguing when you're little. Now I have insomnia and wish I could just fall asleep! :dizzy:

In case you haven't noticed I miss the 80s painfully. If I had a time machine (preferably a Delorean) I would go back at my current age and just hang out for awhile!

KayLINY
07-24-2007, 09:16 PM
I miss:

*going out into the neighborhood in the am & returning in the pm. we ate lunch at whoever's house.

*playing games into the night while the mom's talked on Mrs Scida's wall. In the am it was my front fence--afterschool Mrs Ciminelli's porch..

*going to the private beach every sunday. my uncle worked for a rich woman & we got to use the beach.

*going upstate to my aunt's motel every summer for a week. catskill game farm--carson city & horsebackriding. same thing. every summer. getting to eat in the diningroom. playing games in the bar at night.

*going with my dad every saturday to take stuff to the junkyard. then stopping at the library and taking out 5-10 books a week. and of course stopping at the sugar bowl for the paper. and my dad prob placing a bet or two!

*riding our bikes 2 towns over to the pond. riding our bikes down to the duck pond. riding our bikes wherever we wanted--whenever we wanted. and not worry someone would kidnap or kill us.

*the ice cream man. mister softee!!!!

*i hated school---so i don't miss that!!!!

*knowing every single name of every single person for blocks around.

*knowing you couldn't do anything wrong or you'd be in trouble. by whoever caught you and your own parents!

*trick or treating & knowing you could eat the candy w/o it being poisoned.
and fattening!!!

*i miss everything about being a kid.......except being overweight and teased!

EZMONEY
07-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Fish stick dinners with mom, when dad was out of town on business, dad could not stand fish sticks.

murphmitch
07-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Fish sticks and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese.

Doesn't get any better than that!

BlueToBlue
07-26-2007, 04:38 AM
I miss the special dinners my Mom would make when my Dad was out of town. Sometimes it was make-your-own-salad with all sorts of toppings; sometimes it was Crab Louie with imitation crab sticks; sometimes it was fried zucchini, eggplant, or green tomatoes; sometimes it was a plate of canned tuna or salmon, hard-boiled egg, and fresh tomatoes and other veggies from the garden. But it was always something my Dad would never have allowed for dinner (he was a meat and potatoes kind of guy and I was never much of a meat eater). And it was just my Mom, my sister, and me; I did not get along with my father so it was a huge relief not to have him around. And, best of all, sometimes we didn't even have to drink the normally required glass of milk.

EZMONEY
07-28-2007, 12:10 AM
Playing catch with my dad...

then my son.

blondebritbrat17
07-28-2007, 01:33 AM
I miss just being a carefree kid and having no worries other than to make good grades and I miss how fun my dad used to be and the fact that he balanced out my demanding mother and would make her tone it down when it was unreasonable which was a lot of times lol. He died 5 years ago when he was 39 with cancer.

thinnythighs
09-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Rollerskating
climbing trees
Christmas morning

mom2fivesweeties
09-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Oh my Goodness - such a question:

I miss not having a care in the world although as a kid I thought I did.

I miss the long walks with my dad in the woods, over the railroad tracks and crunching through the snow on Thanksgiving morning.

I miss going ice skating with dad on local lakes and also Steinberg Skating Rink in Forest Park in St. Louis.

I miss our school picnic at Chain of Rocks park where they had more rides than you could EVER ride in a day. My dad was President of the Patrons Association at school and ran the picnic - what a blast we had!

I miss playing hide n seek with about 15 neighborhood kids on a summer night and being ever so quiet you could hear the locusts sing their song.

There are so many more - growing up in the 50's and 60's was awesome, even though it was a transitional time also. As a kid, all we knew was that we felt safe, loved and happy.

My dad will turn 90 in November and I thank God everyday for him and my mom who is 88. What a blessing they have been to me. My dad is my hero and every day is special that he is still with us.:hug:

KylieH
09-08-2007, 12:27 AM
1. War ball (aka Dodge Ball)
2. Sitting in the bottom of the grocery cart while my great aunt raced me up and down the rows as fast as she could when no one was looking
3. Bugs Bunny on Saturday morning