Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2001, 06:14 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Default thursday 20 december

hi girls,
IT'S MY LAST DAY OF WORK!! hee hee. off home to scotland tomorrow and I won't be back online till january the 3rd.
So i hope you all have a truly wonderful festive season and that santa is good to you.
belle, honey - it sounds like your BF is back to being rubbish again. don't know what to suggest to help. maybe you need to have a chat with him and without being too upset, tell him that you want your first xmas together to be special and you understand that she is his friend but that you feel he is putting her before you and that is upsetting you. why not suggest that the three of you (or just them if you are cool with that) get together on boxing day for leftovers and a few drinks. but if that doesn't work and she does "pop by" on xmas day then force a big smile on and play the gracious host. she probably gets a kick out of annoying you - don't let on that she does!
lolly - can't wait to see your hair - and you!!! we should pencil each other into our 2002 diaries before they fill up!
jenk - how did the date go??
stacey - mmmm, mexican!! i'm going to have fajitas tonight. yum.
KT - hooray about your niece! and good on you with your xmas baking. i wish i could sample some...but it's probably better for me that i can't!!
Kim - it sounds like you have gone into major comfort eating mode. cold weather and short days does it to me too. best thing to do is DON'T BUY the bad stuff! make sure your house is full of low point treats and meals and that you don't have any money on you to buy nasty high-point things. make sandwiches and bring snacks to work. i've found the thing that fills me up most is a huge bowl of soup with a big chunk of bread or two.
sounds like your BF being so busy all the time isn't helping you though. hope you guys manage to see more of each other next year.
kierie - when do you reckon you'll visit london?
rina - your life sounds so hectic!! hope you have a fab vacation.
right, this was going to be short. doh! i'll come back later and let you know about the star. i'm so paranoid i won't get it, but that would mean putting on a ridiculous amount of weight in 2 weeks....but i'm still v anxious!!
back later,
k
ps hello to everyone else about to post!!

Last edited by Kirsty; 12-20-2001 at 06:17 AM.
Old 12-20-2001, 09:52 AM   #2  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

I was home yesterday because Emma was sick. She has an ear infection, poor little one. Her cheeks and nose are sooooo dry from wiping her nose too. But she still is in a good mood, so that is good!!

I snacked yesterday and don't know why. I can resist the nibbles better at work than I can at home!!! I am going to try to get to the gym today since tomorrow is the office party.
Old 12-20-2001, 10:09 AM   #3  
Scotland's finest export

Hi Jen - I hope Emma is feeling much better now. I think you are the opposite to me - I snack more at work than at home!! Probably because there are usually lots of goodies floating around the office and lots of good shops nearby. At home I try not to have bad snacks in the house. It's trickier now i'm living with BF but he knows i find it hard so he buys things that i don't like so i'm not tempted by them. except for ice cream. it's definitely my weakness!!
As for me. I didn't get my star. but, don't worry - the reason i didn't get it was because it was a different leader and they didn't know where they were kept. so next time i go i will get my star for my keyring! woo hoo!! that means i have been at goal for 2 years now!
Old 12-20-2001, 10:54 AM   #4  

Angry

Good morning everyone!

Sounds like everyone is ready for the holiday festivities to begin!

Rina ~ Definately scan your pic, I would love to put a name to a face! Enjoy your vacation!

Kim ~ Hang in there, and I hope you do some fun things over the holidays, if I was near, we could go out for drinks!!

Belle ~ I am going to say what I did last time, you need to look out for yourself, and if someone is going to make your self esteem disappear, you don't need him!!! I do know though that it is hard to pass judgement when I am not in your shoes, so I would follow Kirsty's advice, do your best, talk to him, and if she shows up, be super nice and make her feel like the 3rd wheel!!!!

Jen ~ Sorry to hear about Emma, Nic (my son) has an ear infection now too. His tubes fell out a couple months ago, but it looks like after the holidays he will have to have them back in. Oh well. Kids handle ear aches so much better than adults, I feel so bad for them....be good for your office party!

I am afraid I forgot who all posted yesterday to reply, so a big "Hi and Merry Christmas" to Kirsty (way to go on keeping the weight off, huge accomplishment!), Becky, Ali, Trish, Wenwella, Mandy, Lolly, Kierie and the rest!!!!

I lost .8 at WI last night, I wanted more, but am happy with that. I have lost 6.6 pounds since I joined WW 5 weeks ago. It is slow, but at least I am losing every week. I have 11 pounds to go.

I have today and tomorrow at work, then I am off for 5 days, work 2 days, then off for another 4 days. I am looking forward to spending some quality time with family.

Well, better get back to work, check in later!
Old 12-20-2001, 11:16 AM   #5  
Scotland's finest export

ooh - forgot to say have fun at your office party jen!!
tonya - it sounds like you're doing really well at losing the extra few pounds - keep at it!!

i'm going to miss all your girls while i'm away in scotland. if i find an internet cafe i'll try to log on to say hi!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Old 12-20-2001, 12:12 PM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Default Hellooooo!

HI girls, Iwrote a long post but I timed out and lost it…booh!! How are you all? I miss checking in more often.

Kirsty - where in Scotland are you from again? I loved Scotland, I miss it!! Are you taking b/f with you? Congrats on being at goal for 2 years! You are truly an inspiration for us. By the way, I am in a new century. B/c b/f may be lurking in this site now, I won't post more info than that, but you girls know what that means!!

Jen - sorry to hear that Emma is sick!! Hopefully she gets better before Santa comes so she can enjoy the full effect of the season…poor baby!!

Tonya - 6.6 is great! Congrats!! Sounds like you are "rededicated", eh? Me too. It helps that I feel more in control about that. Sometimes its like I can't control anything BUT that, so I focus on it as much as I can. I am going to journal a lot in NB so I don't ever feel out of control.

About b/f situation, I did talk to him last night. He was angry at first and said mean things like I was controlling him and that he'd see herno matter what and he wasn't going to tell her when she can't come over, etc. I told him I thought that sheseemed to be more important than me, and that he cared more for her fillings, it being my first time away from home, etc. After what seemed like forever, he agreed that he wouldn't let her come over on xmas day unless his friends were all going out for his bday (Dec 25). He said he saw my side and that he understood what I was saying. But that he wanted to keep a friendship with her, etc.

I am still not quite OK with that, but I guess its better than nothing. I guess all I can do is see how it goes when I am there…..

Hello to Kim, Lolly, Rina, Trish, Wenwella, Jen2, Ali, KT, Kier and the rest of the group!! I miss you all!!!

Belle
Old 12-20-2001, 12:23 PM   #7  
Bono Fanatic!

Hi girls!

Kirsty - Congrats for being at goal for 2 years!! It has been just over 2 years for me and although I still struggle, I like to think I have the hang of it for the most part! Have fun in Scotland!

Jen - So sorry to hear about your poor baby. Hope she is feeling better.

Tonya - Great job on your weight loss so far! I guess going to WW meetings was the right decision, huh?!

Belle - We miss you too!!! I hope things turn out okay for you, but remember to trust what your instincts are telling you. You deserve to be with someone that makes you feel important and understands when and why you are upset.

My date last night was really good. We seemed to hit it off quite well, had plenty to talk about and had a lot of fun. He said he had a great time and that he wants to see me again, so we'll see what happens now!!
Old 12-20-2001, 01:27 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone.
So many people are already on holidays. I'm jealous. We're not very busy here so I get to do little things that take no skill. they don't pay me enough to do little things that require skill - Ah unions.
Hey Belle - way to talk things over with the BF but don't forget, you control your own happiness. I totally agree with the idea of being nice - that ex must love watching you squirm, don't give her the pleasure. Just enjoy your holidays - you don't have to deal with this when you get back home right?
Jen - Hope Emma's feeling better
Jen(JKarr) - you are a dating animal. I'm glad it went well.
Kirsty - way to go!! Its good to get your star from your regular leader, it'll probably mean more for her to give it to you
Tonya - .8 is fantastic - this time of year just maintaining can be tough. I'm still worried about WI on Saturday - hoping for less than 1# gain.
Hi to everyone else out there.
KT
Old 12-20-2001, 02:02 PM   #9  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Almost Friday!!

Hi all! Kirsty way to go!! You rock!!
This must be super short so hi to everyone and I must get back to work.
For those lucky ducks who don't work tomorrow, have a very merry christmas and blessed holiday!!
Old 12-20-2001, 02:39 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Girls
i'm trying really hard to get in the spirit
but its soo difficult this year
with everything thats gone on
i'm fnally no longer sick with the glucophage and tommorrow i get to up my dosage
Also Im going to look or paid internships abroad for the summer so *guilt* I dont have to go home
I warn you i'm going to b1tch fr a minute
alternately I'm treated like a mother (ie everyones mommie) or a year old and i really can't take it anymore! GRRRRRR
ok thats done
are we still going to do the meetup in the fall?
Belle I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you girlie he's gonna end up with an arseful of fender if he doesnt buck up and start treating you nice from the getgo
Kirsty have a great time at home and if they have any spare nice looking bekilted men Remember me and wooohoooo on the years
as for london not sure yet
prolly not till february depending if bf goes (and pays) or not if hes still around oooh don't you love when you have expressed your feelings and yah he hasnt
KT I need to aquire some skill
Lolly can't wait to see ur new do!
Tonya you are really kicking some wW booty way to go
Hi to everyone else
Love Kier
Old 12-20-2001, 03:42 PM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

Memo to Belle's BF if you're lurking: BE NICE TO HER!!!

Belle, sweetie: Was he talking about having the ex over to the apartment you two share? With you there? Cuz if that's the case, well, it's your home too. What is with him and this chickie? He better start appreciating you or I might have to come up to Canada and kick his a**. Anyone want to join me? Hang in there, and remember you are a WONDERFUL person. If you're still wishing for a Mr. Darcy, then think about what you're saying. I'm thinking of you and sending you happy thoughts.

Lucky Kirsty! Have a blast in Scotland. Where are you from? My grandma's family lives in Kircauldy. (Did I spell that right?) A cousin owns a funeral home near there ... bleh, I thought, until I started watching the very cool HBO show "Six Feet Under."

On babies: Just found out my cousin is pregnant! I was in her wedding about 6 years ago, then her husband and I had a bit of a falling out because he thought I was too much of a heathen and he tried to "save" me. Please. But I am happy for them and I hope she still thinks of me as her friend.

Kierie: I think we should definitely do a meet-up in the fall. Here's an idea. If BF gets off his duff and proposes soon, I'm planning on getting married next fall. You can all come to the wedding!

I have got to go because I'm uber busy and shouldn't even be posting. I'm trying to take tomorrow off so I'm working on three stories today. Argh! Two people haven't returned my phone calls and it's almost 4.

Hi to everyone, feel better to all the kiddies!

Last edited by kimobi; 12-20-2001 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-20-2001, 11:17 PM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Talking WOOOOHOOOOOO

I had a small victory over my own cravings today
mysis was baking Now whe she bakes OMG the whole house is Pure heaven or **** dependent on your definition god wheres dante when you need him
she gave me a box of TraderJoes truffles which mind you are to die for and only 3 bucks
I had 1
just one and i sat next to that box
and didnt even consider rifling thru it
Now mind u
I have not conquered chocolate BUT YAHOOOOO
in the words of the godfather of Soul (the hardest working man in show Bidness) I FEEL GOOD!
Old 12-20-2001, 11:27 PM   #13  
Eve's Mom

Default Just in case....

I wanted to write tonite just in case I wont be around for you guys tomorrow....

Kim: No, its his mom's apt in New Brunswick. But I'll be about an 8 hour flight from home, so I have no place to go!! If you wanna come up and kick his *** that'd be cool cuz we could have a girls night!!

Kier: A fender, eh? You make me howl always!! Congrats on conquering the chocolate. I got TONS of chocolate this year, and since I am just in a new century, I am trying to conquer. Not easily done, so I am very proud of you !!

KT - yup, I bet any $ she'll love to see me uncomfy and nervous, which is of course, what I am. I'll put my best foot forward... Hey, how are those floods out in Van? Are you okay?

Well, I better mosy, so I want to wish you ALL a Happy and very healthy and safe holiday. I hope I can get on tomorrow, but I might not as work is hellish and i have to pack and catch a plane..

KIM - I hope the ring finds its way to your hand this year!!

Love you all!!!

Belle
Old 12-20-2001, 11:33 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Belle babes just remember YOU ARE GORGEOUS and have a Fantastic personality and she is prolly some ugly arse stick bimbo
with no figureor personality to speak of and you have one thing we all know she doesnt have and thats US!
lol now I dont know about the rest of you but I think a multinational ARSE Kicking of whomever happens to warrant one
would be a great story for WW magazine
Closed Thread