Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies #24

View Full Version : Home of the Loozing Floozies #24

4myloves
07-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate, support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!
Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!

4myloves
07-17-2007, 06:50 PM
I had my 2nd pre-natal visit this afternoon :)

I saw my baby's heartbeat for the first time. Is that not incredible? The child (the "Thing!") is smaller than a peanut and it has a heartbeat.

My next appointment is August 17th (that's on a Friday). I scheduled it for 4:30 in the afternoon, because Stewart's excuse for not going with me is that my appt's have been too early (2:40). We'll see now, won't we?

I had a test in my summer class this morning. It was sooooo hard! It was my own fault, though, because I've been too tired to study like I should have. :rolleyes:

Cheryl

gdeann
07-17-2007, 06:58 PM
After seeing that today Cheryl, isn't it sad how many people consider it to not be a human life until further in term. Steve went with me to almost all of my visits. Personally, I would not have changed it... it's good for them to see what we experience. Now.... if they could only feel childbirth! LOL! I remember being really super tired early in the prego stage. If I remember correctly, you should feel better into your 3-4th month. No morning sickness??? Awesome if not, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

4myloves
07-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Gayle, that's EXACTLY what I said to Mom--how can anyone have an abortion? Of course, I consider myself pro-choice for other people, but personally pro-life. I just don't see how someone can stop a beating heart and not consider it murder.

ShelleyM
07-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Cheryl-How exciting for you and Stewart! Did MIL go with you to this appt, or did you go alone? I think Mike only went with me to 1 or 2 of mine.

Gayle-The recipe sounds delish. Good for you on the 160's!! All that running around doing the old people's hair must really be giving you a workout:)

Our electricity was out for 2 1/2 hrs. today. Wouldn't you know I got the day off, only to sit in the dark. I didn't want to get overheated by cleaning in the dark with no air conditioner :)

coles
07-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Gayle the link you sent me didn't work. It had all *** in the address was that right. www.**** etc. It said page not available.
Congratulations on the 160's. You go girl.
I am still struggling in the 170's up and down.
I need that will power dust and the kick in the butt!!
I've been on holidays and that certainly doesn't help.
Hello to everyone out there in Floozie land.
Cheryl - I am sooo excited for you little MAMA.

gdeann
07-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Janice, PM me you email address and I'll try again...I bet the site must be screening links.

Shelley, I understand dear one. No point in getting all hot and working up a sweat just to clean a silly ol' house. If it is like mine, the dust will wait on you until you get around to it. I think everyone here is allergic to housework. Hope you had a good day out of the school!!!

I mowed today but wore out before finished...it was sooooooo hot! I came in and popped a multi-vitamin. Guess I probably should be taking them since they hang out in the cabinet.

SuzyMc
07-18-2007, 09:32 AM
I'm still here, but just don't have a lot of time to post these days. I still have time to eat though! Maybe I should be posting instead of eating! :o

Lynneye
07-18-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm around too. No time. Summer school is so much work! Can't wait for August and two weeks off! Right now, I am babysitting my friend's dog for a week and a half. I am staying at her house with the dog. He is a riot. Great dog!

gdeann
07-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Where is everyone???? Wonder where Sher went???

I'm down 2 more pounds! YIPPEEE-YI-YAYYYY!!!!!!

ShelleyM
07-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Yay, Gayle!! Whoopie!! Those grey haired ladies must be keeping you running around:)

It has been very slow here. I have been posting so many other places, that I am very guilty of checking here only every one or two days. Once the newness of *********** has worn out for me, I'll be back to posting more here.

I had my foot injected again yesterday. It doesn't hurt as much as the last time. The dr said after the 3rd to 5th injection, it should start really feeling better. Maybe I'll be able to run again. I just bought clipless pedals for my bike. I had to get shoes to clip into them. This should be very interesting. I am hoping to get the hang of them at some point. I can't really do too much with it this weekend, because I told the podiatrist I would rest my foot.

What's going on with you all?

DeterminedLisa
07-21-2007, 08:27 AM
Hello,
I caught another bad cold, just after recovering from the last one.
Not much exercise, not so much dietary self-control but maybe my
post-diet stomach is shrunken because I'm managing to stay steady
with my weight.
Lisa

ShelleyM
07-21-2007, 08:36 AM
Wow, I can't believe they censored the website I spoke of. I didn't know 3FC would do that.

I am bummed. My WI today, I was the same. This is getting very old.

Lynneye
07-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Today is the belly dance workshop I have been waiting for! Unfortunately, all the exercise I get dancing today will be countered with the dinner they are serving. It is Middle Eastern food and I have no idea if what it will be. Looking forward to the entire day.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

gdeann
07-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Have fun Debbi! It sounds like a blast! Let us know ow it went.

Lisa, I hope your feeling better soon. Are you taking a multivitamin? You sound really tired in your postings too.

Shelley, they even censored the email I sent Janice with the link. Did you try biking with your new setup yet? How's the footsie? Don't get upset because your not losing as you want. Maybe it's time to shake the body up a bit and try something new. How about less carbs? Or adding a shake or two a day as a meal replacement? Do you think it would help? I'm not sure, but I'm thinking your body is in a "rut" and needs some type of change. Are you still using the WW site? Maybe they can suggest something on there.

I'm off to do outside work today. Steve is shingling my mother's house and I think I am going to work on taking a section of her deck out. I had the BEST present ever delivered yesterday! I was gifted with a used, farm grade, industrial mower! I know you girls think I'm silly, but after countless hours of using a push mower and countless times of the thing dying and me pulling to start. I am thrilled over this mower! With the acres we need to mow, it will make mowing a breeze! Then I'll actually have time to spray weeds! LOL!

ShelleyM
07-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Gayle-Good for you on the "new" mower. I am doing Core. I rejoined online about a month ago. After that is when I really started going to the other site and counting calories also. I eat approx. 1500 per day. I hate to eat any less, or my body will get used to it. I can't bike today because I told the dr. I would rest my foot this time, so I have tons of pent up energy. I am going to start cleaning through some clutter, but am having problems of where to start! With 2 people still sleeping in the house, it's hard to do much. Mike is going to get mad when he sees I took the old projection tv down to the trash. I am hoping he doesn't notice it sitting there. Maybe someone will pick it up.

Debbi-Enjoy the class! Maybe you won't like the food. I think it's probably loaded with curry (yuck!)

Lynneye
07-22-2007, 09:07 AM
The class was amazing and the food was great! Some did have curry but not all of it. I really enjoyed the entire experience. Unfortunately for my wallet, they had some vendors there, selling different things! I HAD to buy a new hip scarf and of course, couldn't decide between two different ones, so got both! Also a DVD of the moves we learned yesterday which I had Mr. Reda sign. Also bought a book mark. The book mark is really special. Two young girls make earrings, necklaces and other things and all proceeds go to cancer research. The younger of the two girls had cancer when she was even younger, (I think they are 10 and 14 today) and she is cancer free now. So this is their way of fighting back. We always have a basket at the dance studio and put all the coins and beads that fall off our hip scarves into it, and the girls use them to make their jewlery.
Today I am resting, (my legs are killing me!!!) and reading Harry Potter!

Have a great day everyone!

ShelleyM
07-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Debbi-We need some pictures of you in your belly dancing outfit! That is wonderful, what they are doing for cancer. Stretch your legs today.

SuzyMc
07-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Just popping in quick to give you all an update on what is going on here. My dad is doing much worse and started asking for family to come on Thursday. Before the day was over he saw all of us who are near by and spoke with Travis (USMC stationed in CA) and my brother (who lives in Florida) on the phone. Our pastor also visited on Thursday. Friday morning he woke with an appetite and was feeling better, but by Friday evening he was saying that "he was being called home" again. His doctor and hospice are in agreement that he will probably be back and forth like this, but it won't be much longer...maybe a couple of days, but probably not more than a couple of weeks.

Please continue to keep us all in your prayers...this is so hard!

I hope to catch up with you all soon, but know for now that I do think of you all often...especially every time I open a carton of ice cream! :^:

coles
07-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Prayers to you and your family Suzy.

gdeann
07-23-2007, 12:31 AM
Prayers sent Suzy during this most difficult time. We understand you are under stress. Don't worry about your eating or being away from us here. Concentrate on spending the most time you can with your dad...you will never regret it.

Allison and I went to go see Hairspray today. We both really enjoyed it! I giggled all the way through it and afterwards we purchased the CD, so Alli has been playing it all evening.

Nice seeing you Janice.

Shelley, I'm going to try and CREATE a page AGAIN! I can't believe I lost everything.

ShelleyM
07-23-2007, 07:12 AM
Suzy-Prayers to you and your family....

Lynneye
07-23-2007, 08:27 AM
Shelley, I am so computer illiterate, I have no idea how to post a picture! I can send some to someone if they can do it for me. But it has to wait for a week, I am dog sitting and don't have the camera here.

Suzy, keeping you and the rest of the family in my thoughts and prayers.

I finished Harry Potter and loved it! (Also, not as sore today, I did stretch yesterday and do some easy moves!)

coles
07-23-2007, 09:39 AM
Debbi - you finished Harry Potter already? It just went on sale Saturday at noon here in Canada. They were selling at one book every 3 seconds.
Suzy - You are in my thoughts and my prayers.

4myloves
07-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Forum Rules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are posting this here as a reminder of the guidelines you agree to when you become a part of this community. Terms may change from time to time, and we will update this thread to keep you informed of current guidelines.

Quote:
Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Due to COPPA regulations, you must be age 13 or older to participate in this forum.

The owners of 3FC Healthy Weight Loss Community reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

1. No Advertising or self promotion
2. This forum is used to share support and is not to be used to advertise other websites or any other type of advertisements which intend to sell products or services for personal monetary gain. By joining this forum, you agree not to post any advertising messages. For example, you may discuss fitness videos and their effectiveness. You may not join the forum to advertise "cheapfitnessvideos.com". You may provide a link to your personal homepage in your profile.
3. Do not advertise university or medical studies. Please contact us for assistance if you require volunteers.
4. Do not solicit participants for tv, magazines, or any other media. Please contact us with details and we will announce your request if appropriate.
5. Do not promote ebooks.
6. Messages intended to promote potentially unsafe and/or controversial weight loss procedures or products (including but not limited to non-medically prescribed supplements and MLM products) are considered inappropriate and may (at the discretion of the forum team) be removed without warning. This rule is intended to protect our users from Multi-Level Marketing schemes, or other hidden sales tactics, which are strictly prohibited on this site.
7. You warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
8. You agree not to solicit other members to e-mail you privately for information. This is intended to protect our members from possible sales tactics. If you have legitimate information to share, in accordance with our rules, you may post it on the board. Otherwise, we assume that the information you offer may violate the guidelines posted here.
9. You agree not to solicit our members to join other weight loss forums. This is considered "competitive" behavior which deteriorates our purpose.
10. Respect toward fellow members is expected. You agree not to harass, flame, insult, taunt, or otherwise disrespect any member of this forum. In other words, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. This includes gossiping about another member. This requirement is meant to encourage the overall strength of our support system, and will benefit our community as a whole.
11. We ask that you not create multiple accounts for the purpose of harassment or any other purpose. If you have more than one account, we may close one of them at our discretion.

We reserve the right to disable posting abilities of anyone that violates any of the terms of membership, without warning or notice.

The terms of this agreement may be revised as necessary, and it will be your responsibility to to refer to this agreement periodically to remain informed. Usage of this site and message board will confirm your acceptance of these terms.

Although the administrators and moderators of 3FC Healthy Weight Loss Community will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of 3FC Healthy Weight Loss Community, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

gdeann
07-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Hmmm... guess I should of read the forum rules when I joined.... :-)

Sweet baby ticker Cheryl!!! Cute little bugger!!!!

Lynneye
07-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Love the ticker, Cheryl! Will be fun for us to "watch" baby grow! Thanks for including us!

Janice, yes, I finished Harry Potter last night! Read all day Sunday. I was so afraid of something or reading somewhere what happened, I had a free day of reading. I plan on rereading it more slowly as soon as Rob finishes it. He hasn't started yet and if he doesn't start soon, I may take it back! Yes, I love Harry!!!

Sherry
07-24-2007, 04:57 PM
To All My Floozie Friends,
Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted. So much has happened during the summer. It's a good thing that school is out in the summer or I would have missed a lot of days! First, I had 11 small skin tags removed (4 of them were burnt off,the others were cut). Then I had bladder surgery twice. My Utheria was closed almost shut (no wonder I couldn't pee) and 2 weeks later, it closed up again! He also stretched my bladder.I'm doing much better now.

My In-laws aren't any better. We are always there helping them out. Wayne & I stay over night with them every other week.His Sister alternates weeks.I'm not complaining because I rather do all this work then have them in a nursing home.

My Dad had a biopsy done last week.He got the results this morning. He DOES have cancer of the prostate. He has an appt. for next week. He'll have some tests done to see how long he's had cancer and see if it's spread to other places.My Mom & Dad are pitiful. I feel so sorry for them. I'm packing now.I'm heading to KY and stay with them for a few days.

I'll post again when I can. Right now, I'm so tired. I go back to work on Aug.6th. What a summer this has been! No fun at all but oh well...both our Parents need us and that's more important.

I love & miss you all :hug:

ShelleyM
07-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Sherry-I'm sending hugs and prayers your way!

Cheryl-Sorry I haven't read the forum rules. Thanks for the reminder. I love your ticker!! Of course, we will need a prego picture of you when you get farther along!

DeterminedLisa
07-25-2007, 02:30 AM
Suzy and Sherry, you and your families are in my prayers.

I'm about to be away for a month, without regular internet access.
Take care,
Lisa

gdeann
07-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Prayers sent to Suzy & Sher!!! Sher, your weight loss is going great!

Lisa, hurry back and chat again when you can. Good luck on the diet!

Shelley, I never read the rules either. Guess that is why I'm usually in trouble!! Ha!! Ha!!!

Cheryl, I hope your feeling well and the tired feeling is letting up. Give little "bugger" a pat from Auntie Gayle.

4myloves
07-25-2007, 04:56 PM
Auntie Gayle--Pat given! So far I'm still just nauseaus a lot. I've thrown up twice--apparently the baby doesn't like Chinese food or Tropical Fruit Smoothies from Sonic :(

Thinking of Suzy and Sherry!

Lisa, have fun on your trip--sounds like you may be able to get some relaxing done away from the computer?

gdeann
07-25-2007, 07:17 PM
Cheryl, just a word of advice....no matter how good a pineapple malt and order of pickle-o's sound from Sonic...DON'T DO IT!!!! Blllaaaaaaauuukkk!!! That was one of my worse prego puke times. Once I did barf hard enough I broke blood vessels in my eye. Want me to continue sharing stories???? LOL!

gdeann
07-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Today I went to the doctor for my yearly physical.

My blood pressure was high, my cholesterol was high,
I'd gained some weight, and I didn't feel so hot.

My doctor said eating right doesn't have to be complicated
And it would solve my physical problems.

He said just think in colors;
Fill your plate with bright colors; greens, yellows, reds, etc.

I went right home and ate an entire bowl of M&M's
And sure enough, I felt better immediately.

I never knew eating right could be so easy :lol::hyper::woohoo:

ShelleyM
07-26-2007, 06:55 AM
Gayle-Too funny:)

alinnell
07-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Gayle~you make me laugh!!

Did anyone catch the new joke in the Lighten up section? That made me laugh, too.

Cheryl~I'm not sure if I congratulated you or not, so CONGRATS! I hope the nausea doesn't last long. One thing I remembered about pregnancy and cravings.....I would get a craving for something and it would stay until I ate it and then the craving would be gone and wouldn't come back at all. The one I really remember was a craving for pork chops. Weird. The only other thing was smells. My sense of smell went wacko and some of the most normal smells would make me so sick! It sure turned me off of a lot of different foods.

Sorry I've been a bit AWOL lately. I check in almost daily, but haven't posted here. I feel bad.

I've been eating on plan and have even started exercising again. But my weight is up and continues to go up. I don't understand it. In evaluating my diet, I think I'm relying too much on fruits and not enough on vegetables so next week I'm cutting fruit to a minimum. Let's hope that helps.

Everyone take care.

4myloves
07-26-2007, 12:55 PM
The only other thing was smells. My sense of smell went wacko and some of the most normal smells would make me so sick! It sure turned me off of a lot of different foods.

Cantaloupe and caramel.

alinnell
07-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Can you believe toast did it for me? That and garlic.

4myloves
07-26-2007, 03:08 PM
My mother in law told me she didn't care what I named my child as long as it's not Olivia. :devil:

I started to tell her she could name HER next child whatever she likes.

Then she told me she likes my husband's idea of naming a boy Deward Claud. Please. She said (and I quote--I swear it's the same thing my DH says): "Well, no one names their kids Deward."

:doh: There's a reason for that.

4myloves
07-26-2007, 03:21 PM
I swear y'all are going to be so tired of hearing about me and the baby before March!!

So, I'm talking to my Mom yesterday about going to Branson. We already have a trip scheduled for October, but we're going to do a shorter trip in either November or December because we want to see the Manheim Steamroller Christmas Extravaganza.

Anyway. I asked her when she wanted me to schedule the trip and she said....are you ready for this.....

"We need to schedule it as early as possible because you may not be able to fit behind the steering wheel if we wait too long."

HELLO!! I drive a Dodge Durango--not exactly a tight fitting vehicle!

I'm suddenly envisioning myself having to be driven to work by Stewart each morning in the bed of his hydraulic lift truck and just getting dumped out in the parking lot. Of course, my co-workers would have to help me waddle into the building (making sure the door is well greased).

I'm picturing myself as Mrs. Potato Head---nothing but a big round body with feet.

gdeann
07-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Cheryl, you made me giggle! Good thing they make steering wheels now a days that can be shifted to different positions. Tell Stewart once he experiences childbirth first hand then he can name his first very "Deward"!!! I hate to say it, but it sounds like a nerd name. I do like Olivia though.....
Steve loves planes, so he wanted to name Allison, Cessna. Thank goodness I won on that one!
Cooking meat smalls grossed me out along with the smell of gasoline. I had a good excuse to not be the one to fuel the car. :-)

Glad to see you posting Allison. I'm curious to see if cutting out fruit will help you. I didn't realize until recently how much sugar is really in certain pieces of fruit.

ShelleyM
07-27-2007, 07:05 AM
Cheryl-You will fit behind that wheel. I like Olivia, too!! In the Jewish religion, we name all our kids after a deceased relative. I actually just used the first letter of mine....

Allison-I was doing like you, everything right on. It has taken 1 month, but things are starting to fit better and I think my weight is starting to fall. Keep it up and you will start losing.

Gayle-How are the blue haired ladies (hee-hee..) I will be there soon!

gdeann
07-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Sweetie, if your like me, you keep an extra bottle of hair dye around at all times. I will go down fighting. No gray for this gal unless for some reason I can't color it. Most of my clients have went natural and their hair is a shiny silver - really pretty. Since we are discussing gray, I'm curuios about everyone here on the board. If I don't color, I am probably 30-35% gray. Anyone else care to share? BTW: I usually go with a light brown, ash or golden depending on the season and my mood at the time.

Deelite
07-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Hey ladies I am back. Just for a minute this morning. I am off to the Y. I briefly read the last two pages.

Suzy and Sherry may God's peace come over you and answer your prayers. I will pray for you both.

Have a good day and I hope to catch up with you this weekend.

ShelleyM
07-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Welcome back, Dee!

Gayle- I have no idea how grey I am! I color once per month!

I was down 3lbs this morning!!!! I attribute quite a bit of it to you know where!

alinnell
07-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Hey, y'all. I'm down 1 pound myself this week. Woot!!! I guess my new "plan" is working. Hopefully within 3 weeks I'll be back to ticker (or more!).

Everyone have a wonderful weekend.

ShelleyM
07-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Yay, Allison!

gdeann
07-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Great Job Allison & Shelley! {{{hugs}}}

gdeann
07-31-2007, 01:29 AM
Down 2 more pounds this week!! Hoping to see the 150's in the near future!

ShelleyM
07-31-2007, 06:43 AM
Yay, Gayle!! You are doing great!

coles
07-31-2007, 08:29 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_11_60.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA) Way to go, Gayle Shelley and Allison.
Cheryl http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_2_126.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA)Thank you for refreshing us on the rule of the forum. I will make sure I follow them- Sorry! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_15_11.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxmk042YYCA (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb097_ZNxmk042YYCA&utm_id=7925)

SuzyMc
08-01-2007, 02:40 PM
I got on the scale last week just to see where I was...159.8! There was no way I was going back into the 160's so I decided it was time to take control stress or no stress and now I'm down to 157. I'll take any helpful hints on how to diet while under stress...I need all the help I can get!

My dad seems to have stabilized some and it now seems that he could continue like this for some time, so we are trying to get back to some kind of normal here. My mom has returned to work four days a week (Wednesday's off to help break up the week for my dad) so my sister and I are taking turns staying with him while mom is at work. When I'm not there I am home taking care of the grandkids, so I'm keeping crazy busy here! I thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers!

Gayle, Shelley, and Allison, y'all are doing great! Keep it up girls!

Gayle ~ In answer to your gray question...I have dark brown hair and it seems that I find more and more gray every day! For now I have it highlighted with a copper color and that helps hide the gray, but at some point I will have it colored to keep the gray away!

4myloves
08-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Please stop!

A new thead has been started!